DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Justification and Sanctification

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Justification and Sanctification Reply with quote

There was a very important topic brought to my attention in another forum. And many great points were made here. And I also believe that the ultimate statements are made by the Scriptures as a holy whole.
Paul in deed sheweth the graceful way of faith in Christ if understood how those times were like: when, where, whom is he refering to, why that is, and what the Epistle verity is about in it's entirety.

Otherwise we ought to take heed to Peter's warning:

And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health, <salvation> even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you, yea, almost in every pistel <almost in very pistle> speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction. <|also, to their own damnation|>
2Pt. 3:16

Romans 4:4-5
4To him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of favour: but of duty.  5To him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, is faith counted for righteousness. ([according to the purpose of the grace of God])  

According to the Scriptures the devout that trust Jesu Christ and truly love him: keep his commandments and walk by faith even as he walked.
Jm. 2, Mt. 7, 1Jo. 2, 1Jo. 5

As believers we do good works not to be saved, but because we are saved.

James 2:18
But one shall say: Thou hast faith, and I have deeds: Shew me thy faith by thy deeds: and I will shew thee my faith by my deeds.

Quote:
What is FAITH?

Faith is a sure confidence of things which are hoped for, and a certainty of things which are not seen.
By it the elders were well reported of.

Heb. 11:1-2

Quote:
F -- FORSAKING
A -- ALL
I -- I
T -- TRUST
H -- HIM

How are we justified?

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart, bringeth forth good things. And an evil man out of his evil treasure, bringeth forth evil things.
But I say unto you, that of every idle word, that men shall have spoken, they shall give accounts at the day of judgement.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified: and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Mt. 12:35-37

For before God they are not righteous which hear the law: but they which do <doers of> the law shall be justified.
Rm. 2:13

Why did Paul then say this?:
Where is then thy rejoicing? It is excluded. By what law? by the law of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
We suppose therefore <[we hold]> that a man is justified by faith without the deeds <|works|> of the law.
Is he the God of the jews only? Is he not also the God of the gentiles? He is no doubt, God also of the gentiles. <Yes, even of the Gentiles also.>
For it is God only which justifieth circumcision, which is of faith: and uncircumcision thorow faith.
Do we then destroy the law thorow faith? God forbid. <[But]> We rather maintain the law.

Rm. 3:27

Because we all are guilty of breaking the law! and therefore need Christ to justly fulfill the law that thanks to him we may likewise faithfully fulfil it as he taught and walked the talk as did Paul and all the Apostles: Yea and likewise so must all believers afterward.

For he that maketh conscience, is damned if he eat: Because he doth it not of faith. For whatsoever is not of faith, that same is sin.Rm. 14:23

I call God for a record unto my soul, that for to favor you withal, I came not any more unto Corinthum.
Not that we be lords over your faith: but helpers of your joy. For by faith ye stand.

2Co. 1:23-24

What kind of faith is he talking about here?

for the end <|the chief sum|> of the commandment is love that cometh of a pure heart and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1Ti. 1:5

If then while we seek to be made righteous by Christ, we ourselves are found sinners, is not then Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
For if I build again that which I destroyed, then make I my self a trespasser.
But I thorow the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
I am crucified with Christ. I live verily, yet now not I, but Christ liveth in me. <[For]> The life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the son of God, which loved me, and gave himself for me.
I despise not <|cast not away|> the grace of God: For if righteousness come of the law, then is Christ dead <died> in vain.

Ga. 2:17-21

This is a true saying, and by all means worthy to be received, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief:
Notwithstanding unto me was mercy given, <for this cause was mercy given unto me> <|obtained I mercy|> that Jesus Christ should first <|might principally|> shew on <|in|> me all long patience, unto the ensample of them which shall in time to come believe on <|which should believe in|> him unto eternal life.

1Tm. 1:15-16

but without faith it is unpossible to please him. For he that cometh to God, must believe that God is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek him.
Heb. 11:6

To believe in Christ is to in deed trust him for whom he is and wants us to be, lest we be hypocrites.
Otherwise the Lord adverts:

Hypocrites, well prophesied of you, Esay saying:
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouths, and honoureth me with their lips, yet <howbeit> their hearts are far from me: but in vain they worship me teaching doctrine, <doctrines> which is <are> nothing but men's precepts. <|commandments of men|>

Mt. 15:7-9
Isa. 29:8-16

This is a true saying. Of these things I would thou shouldest certify, <|speak earnestly|> that they which believe God, might be studious <diligent> to go forward <|to excell|> in good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
Tt. 3:8

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye should not sin: and <sin not:> if <though> any man sin, yet we have an Advocate with the father, <[even]> Jesus Christ, which is righteous:
and he it is that obtaineth grace <the satisfaction> for our sins: <[and]> not for our sins only: but also for the sins of all the world.
And hereby we know that we have known him, <And hereby we are sure that we know him> if we keep his commandments.
He that saith I know him, and <[yet]> keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the verity <|trueth|> is not in him.
Whosoever <He that> keepeth his word, in him <[verily]> is the love of God perfect in deed. And thereby <hereby> know we that we are in him.
He that saith he bideth in him, ought to walk even as he walked.

1Jo. 2:1-6

Thus we understand what James is talking about:

Even so faith, if it have no deeds is dead in itself.
But one shall <Yea and a man might> say: Thou hast faith, and I have deeds: Shew me thy faith by thy deeds: and I will shew thee my faith by my deeds.
Believest thou that there is one God? Thou doest well. The devils also believe and tremble.
Wilt thou understand o thou vain man, that faith without deeds is dead?

Jas. 2:17-20

How are we saved and sanctified?

Quote:
GRACE:
G God's
R Riches
A At
C Christ's
E Expense

I say unto you: Whosoever confesseth <|knowledgeth|> me before men, even him shall the son of man confess <|knowledge|> also before the angels of God.
And he that denieth me before men: shall be denied before the angels of God.

Lk. 12:8-9

Even both thieves next to Christ at calvary first denied him according to:
Mt. 27:38-44 and Mr. 15:27-31
but Luke gives us another important detail that one of the thieves later repented when he looked at Christ for whom he was:
Lk. 23:39-43
and therefore his deed of faith by openly confessing him out loud in front of everybody that was mocking, proves that it wasn't a blind believing (by saying a prayer to receive Christ in his heart), but rather it was a great act of faith that justified him in his belief.
And it was by the grace of God that Christ allowed him in to paradise
Luke 16:19-31

For he saith to Moses: I will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy: And will have compassion on whom I have compassion. Ex. 33:19
So lieth it not then in a man's will, or running, <cunning> but in the mercy of God.

Rm. 9:14

Moses describeth <|writeth of|> the righteousness which cometh of the law, how that the man which doth the things of the law shall live therein. (Le. 10:5)
But the righteousness which cometh of faith, speaketh on this wise: Say not in thine heart: who shall ascend <|go up|> into heaven? (That is nothing else than to fetch Christ down.) (De. 30:11-14, Pr. 30:4)
Other <or> who shall descend <|go down|> into the deep? That is nothing else but to fetch up Christ from death.
But what saith the scripture? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth and in thine heart. This word is the word of faith which we preach. (De. 30:11-14)
For if thou shalt knowledge with thy mouth <mought> that Jesus is the Lord, and shalt believe with thine heart that God raised him up from death, thou shalt be safe. <|saved|>
For the belief of the heart justifieth: and to knowledge with the mouth maketh a man safe. <|For if a man believe from the heart, he shall be righteous: and if a man knowledge with the mouth, he shall be saved|>
For the scripture saith: whosoever believeth on him, shall not be ashamed. <|confounded|>
(Isa. 28:16, Isa. 49:23, Jer. 17:7)
Rm. 10:5-11

Jo. 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but favour <grace> and verity <truth> came by Jesus Christ.

For it is unpossible that the blood of oxen, and of goats should take away sins.
Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith: Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not have: but a body hast thou ordained me, holocausts and sacrifice for sin thou hast not allowed. <In sacrifices and sinofferings thou hast no lust.>
Then I said: Lo I come; (Isa. 7:14, Jer. 31:22) In the beginning of the book it is written of me, <In the chiefest of the book it is written of me,> that I should do thy will, o God. (Genesis 3:15-21)
Above when he sayeth <had said> sacrifice, and offering, and holocausts, <burntsacrifices> and sacrifice for sin, <sinofferings> thou wouldest not have, neither hast allowed (which <[yet]> are offered by the law) (Ps. 40:6-8)
<[And]> then he said: Lo I am ready <come to> do thy will o God: he taketh away the first to stablish the latter.
By the which will we are sanctified, by the offering of the body of Jesu Christ once for all.

Heb. 10:4-10
Ps. 147:11

And lest I should be exalted out of measure thorow the abundance of revelations, there was given unto me of God unquietness of the flesh, <|there is a warning given unto my flesh, even|> the messenger of Satan to buffet me: because I should not be exalted <|not exault my self|> out of measure.
For this thing besought I the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me:
and he said unto me:
my grace is sufficient for thee. For my strength is made perfect thorow <throu> weakness. Very gladly therefore will I rejoice of my weakness, that the strength of Christ may dwell in me.
2Co. 12:7-9

The original New Testament was written in Paragraph form like in a love letter format. Verse numbers came later, and sometimes can cause more confusion than help if not taken as a holy whole. For ensample we can understand Ephesians Chapter 2 verse 1-10 much better when read like this:

? And hath quickened you also that were dead in trespass and sin, in the which in time passed ye walked, according to the course of this world, and after the governor, that ruleth in the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of unbelief, among which we also had our conversation in time past, in the lusts of our flesh, and fulfilled the will of the flesh, and of the mind: and were naturally the children of wrath, even as well as other.
? But God which is rich in mercy thorow his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead by sin, hath quickened us with Christ (For by grace are ye saved) and with him hath raised us up, and with him hath made us sit in heavenly things, thorow Iesus Christ, For to shew in times to come the exceeding riches of his grace, in kindness to usward, thorow Christ Iesus. For by grace are ye made safe throwe faith, and that not of your selves: For it is the gift of God, and cometh not of works, lest any man should boast himself. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Iesu unto good works, unto the which God ordained us before, that we should walk in them.

http://faithofgod.net/WTNT/ephesians_2.html

For the Grace of God, that bringeth salvation unto all men, hath appeared and teacheth us that we should deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and that we should live sober minded, righteously and godly in this present world, looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of the mighty God, and of our saviour Jesu Christ which gave himself for us, to redeem us from all unrighteousness, and to purge us a peculiar people unto himself, fervently given unto good works.
Titus 2:11-14

1Pt. 1:2 elect by <|according to|> the foreknowledge of God the father, thorow the sanctifying of the spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. Grace be with you, and peace be multiplied.

Paul's testimony in Acts Chap. 26 is also a great ensample.
And I said: Who art thou Lord? And he said: I am Jesus whom thou persecutest:
But rise and stand up on thy feet. For I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee <|ordain thee to be|> a minister, and a witness both of those things which thou hast seen, and of those things in thee which I will <|[yet cause to]|> appear unto thee,
delivering thee from the people, and from the gentiles, unto thee which now I send thee, to open their eyes that they might turn from darkness unto light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith in me.

Ac. 26:15-18

It is a true saying:
If we be dead with him, we also shall live with him;
If we be patient, we shall also reign with him;
If we deny him, he also shall deny us;
If we believe not, yet abideth he faithful; He cannot deny himself.

2Tm. 2:11-13

Ye therefore beloved seeing ye are warned; <know it beforehand> Beware lest ye be also plucked <|plucte|> away with the error of the wicked, and <[fall from your]> own steadfastness:
but grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, and saviour Jesus Christ. To whom be glory both now and for ever, Amen.

2Pt. 3:17-18

Jo. 17:17 Sanctify them in thy truth. Thy saying is verity.

Ps. 111:10

Last edited by JAdmin on Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: