DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Scriptures, how to diligently study

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: The Scriptures, how to diligently study Reply with quote

Quote:
1Pe 1:22 And forasmuch as ye have purified your souls thorow the spirit, in obeying the truth <trueth> for to love brotherly without feigning, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23 for ye are born a new, not of mortal <|corruptible|> seed, but of immortal <|uncorruptible|> seed, by the word of God which liveth, and lasteth for ever, <|by the living word of God, which endureth for ever|>
1Pe 1:24 because that <For> all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man is as the flower of grass, the grass is withered, <|withereth|> and the flower is faded <falleth> away,
1Pe 1:25 but the word of the Lord endureth ever. And this is the word which by the gospel <gospell> was preached among you.
1Peter 1:22-25

2 Peter 1:21
For the scripture came never by the will of man: but wholy men of God spake as they were moved by the wholy ghost.

The verity of the Scriptures is a quick reality from on high.

Quote:
"for the word of God is quick, and mighty in operation, and sharper than any two edged sword: and entereth through, even unto the dividing a sunder of the soul and the spirit and of the joints, and the mary: and judgeth the thoughts and the intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

Quote:
ל((Lamed.)) O LORD, thy word endureth forever in heaven.
Thy truth also remaineth from one generation to another:
thou hast laid the foundation of the earth, and it abideth.
Psalm 119:89-90

According to Davar the letter Lamed is the 12th letter of the Hebrew alphabet and has a numerical value of 30. LAMED makes a sound like the L in Learning. LAMED means both TO LEARN and TO TEACH. (To know how to give diligent study.) Here on "earth" it has been proven over and over since the beginning that man can't learn to do what is right, that is, without the wisdom of the Creator from heaven to begin with. Yet many go around "settling on earth" knowledge without the capability to learn first (i speak this to mine own past shame) Thus it is known to LAMED devotees, that the word as we know to be at the right of the father in heaven, endureth forever. It's almost like the LAMED meaning seems exhort that: we can only teach our neighbour if we can learn first from the Creator.

Not many translations tell us why and how the word of the Creator is "the uttermost" pure.
(Notwithstanding, just because divers translations may be different here and there, and even include divers religious leaven, it nonetheless can still include the word of truth when the main message reality "remains" intact in it's entirety, that is, if diligently studied as a holy whole. Nonetheless all who take utmost diligence about translation, will know I am speaking for the most part about early translations; nevermind about the modern.)
Thankfully by the grace of God we still do have the English Bible Witness of the Martyrs (TRC) that gives us the verity to the uttermost:

Quote:
Thy word is tried to the uttermost, and thy servant loveth it. Ps 119:140

Code:
FYI. The original Scriptures and the first translations thereof did not have verses

William Tyndale was the first to translate the Scriptures into English directly from the original tongue (and in paragraph form.) In his prefaces one can get a glimpse at the challenging task of translation, (specially under persecution) as he gives hints in his various prologues and prefaces about the warning signs in his time; (Nevermind today with the strong delusion of wordily scholarship about).

And in the New Testament Tyndale tries to hint at the Hebraic meaning thereof, like the "wholy", that i believe is as plain to say "holy whole", and perhaps even a warning not to take the Scriptures in parts here and there out of proportion.

Although Tyndale also admited that in certain places other descriptive words could still be used, as he points out in 1525 prologue to the New Testament.
Quote:
I have here translated (brethren and sisters most dear and tenderly beloved in Christ) the new Testament for your spiritual edifying, consolation and solace: Exhorting instantly and beseeching those that are better seen in the tongues than I, and that have higher gifts of grace to interpret the sense of the Scripture, and meaning of the Spirit, than I, to consider and ponder my labor, and that with the spirit of meekness. And if they perceive in any places that I have not attained the very sense of the tongue, or meaning of the Scripture, or have not given the right English word, that they put to their hands to amend it, remembering that so is their duty to do. For we have not received the gifts of God for ourselves only, or for to hide them; but for to bestow them unto the honoring of God and Christ, and edifying of the congregation, which is the body of Christ.

And to also quote a part from his 1534 preface:
Quote:
If any man find faults either with the translation or ought beside (which is easier for many to do, than so well to have translated it themselves of their own pregnant wits, at the beginning without fore-ensample) to the same it shall be lawful to translate it themselves and to put what they lust {wish} thereto. If I shall perceive either by myself or by the information of other, that ought be escaped me, or might be more plainly translated, I will shortly after, cause it to be mended. Howbeit in many places, me thinketh it better to put a declaration in the margin, than to run too far from the text and in many places, where the text seemeth at the first chop hard to be understood, yet the circumstances before and after, and often reading together, maketh it plain enough etc.

Although later after much persecution, and divers copy-cutters
he says in the 1530 W.T. to the reader
Quote:
Under what manner therefore should I now submit this book to be corrected and amended of them which can suffer nothing to be well? Or what protestation should I make in such a matter unto our prelates those stubborn Nimrods which so mightily fight against God, and resist his holy spirit, enforcing with all craft and subtlety to quench the light of the everlasting testament, promises, and appointment made between God and us: and heaping the fierce wrath of God upon all princes and rulers, mocking them with false feigned names of hypocrisy, and serving their lusts at all points, and dispensing with them even of the very laws of God, of which Christ himself testifieth, Matt. v.{5} that not so much as one tittle thereof may perish, or be broken. And of which the prophet saith, Psalm cxviij.{118} Thou hast commanded thy laws to be kept meod, that is in Hebrew exceedingly, with all diligence, might and power and have made them so mad with their juggling charms and crafty persuasions that they think it a full satisfaction for all their wicked lying, to torment such as tell them truth, and to burn the word of their souls' health, and slay whosoever believe thereon.
Notwitstonding yet I submit this book and all other that I have either
made or translated, or shall in time to come, (if it be God's will that I
shall further labour in his harvest) unto all them that submit themselves
unto the word of God, to be corrected of them, yea and moreover to be
disallowed and also burnt, if it seem worthy when they have examined it with the Hebrew, so that they first put forth of their own translating another that is more correct.

Although thank God that by the sovereign providence and grace of the Creator, HIS truth (as a holy whole) is still perfectly intact in one wholy translation like of Tyndale and his martyr friends.

FYI. In Genesis what stands out in the Tyndale translation from the rest
is the singular year (exactly as the Hebrew), like in Genesis 21:5
Quote:
"And Abraham was an hundred year old, when his son Isaac was born unto him."
Exactly like the Hebrew year singular; when most translations use the plural years.

I remember once a scholar posting that: He wasn't sure about the translation of "merciful" in Tyndale's translation of Deuteronomy 32:43.
Although I believe Merciful makes a perfect translation taking the passage as a holy whole into account.
Like the key to the Scriptures opened in the book of Jonas the Prophet.
Or we can even look at "A prayer of the prophet Abacuc for the ignoraunce." Habacuc Chapter 3

The only interpretation of the Scriptures, is the Wholy of the Scriptures itself with the guidance of the holy spirit of God who leads us to the whole truth reality that is verity.

When searching the Scriptures I believe a "Lamed" devotee will bear to mind: precept upon precept, and line upon line; as it is written:
Quote:
"Command that may be commanded, bid that may be bidden, forbid that may be forbidden, keep back that may be kept back, here a little, there a little." Isaiah 28:9

Even like
Quote:
"the noblest of birth among them of Thessalonia, which received the word with all diligence of mind, and searched the scriptures daily whether those things were even so." Acts 17:11

Quote:
"Yea and all that will live godly in Christ Jesu, must suffer persecutions.
But the evil men and deceivers, shall wax worse and worse, while they deceive, and are deceived themselves. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned, which also were committed unto thee seeing thou knowest of whom thou hast learned them. And forasmuch also as thou hast known holy scripture of a child, which is able to make thee wise unto health {salvation} thorow {the} faith, which is in Christ Jesu. For all scripture given by inspiration of God, is profitable to teach, to improve, to inform, {amend} and to instruct in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, and prepared unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:12-17
This is a perfect ensample how Scripture is to diligently be acknowledged: "holy scripture" here obviously referring to the Tanak that we call the Old Testament. (Because back in the early congregation days, there was no New Testament compiled yet, and thus the holy scripture here refers to the TaNaK, that is the Law, the Prophets, and the Writtings: from where we have learned the prophetic message to begin with about Christ the Lord who thus eloquently saith to the Apostles:
Quote:
"These are the words, which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you: that all must be fulfilled which were written of me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms. Then opened he their wits, that they might understand the scriptures, and said unto them: Thus is it written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise again from death the third day. And that repentance, and remission of sins, should be preached in his name among all nations." Luke 24:45

Thus the Hebraic meaning is the way Christ who is come in the flesh taught it; and how the holy spirit of the LORD brings it to remembrance.

John 14:26
But that comforter which is the holy ghost (whom my father will send in my name) shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you.

Acts 11:15-16
15And as I began to preach, the holy ghost fell on them, as he did on us at the beginning.  16Then came to my remembrance the words of the Lord, how he said: John baptised with water, but ye shall be baptised with the holy ghost.  

1 John 2:27
And the anointing which ye have received of him dwelleth in you. And ye need not that any man teach you: but as that anointing teacheth you all things, and is true, and is no lie: and as it taught you, even so bide therein.

In the Tanak days they looked forward to the saving of the LORD,
and today we have the privilege to receive it's fulfillment of promise.
Christ and him crucified for our sins according to the Scriptures,
yea, the same risen from the dead the third day, ascending on high,
and is quickly returning for his bride. Amen.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: