DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It is time to discusse Davar 3.0 features...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Davar 3.0 development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: It is time to discusse Davar 3.0 features... Reply with quote

Hi all Davar users,

the new version of Davar 3.0 (D3) is under heavy development. The goal is to have old-good features of 2.4 included + add many new ones. My plan for D3 is not to be focused only to Hebrew language, but add also Greek support.
Development is in reverse order than before - first I start with book features - to have usable Bible study software and for people who works on conversion of many texts for D3 system.
Idea is to have some good "book" features as in Theophilos or BibleWork or other good Bible software.
This include:
- better format of text data, tag-based. New features thus will be easy to implement (well, without big pain...)
- references (e.g. Gen 1:1) to jump
- Strong # for Hebrew and Greek
- Notes of translators, variants of text, unused words (italics) etc...
- Books library will be much better organised than in 2.4
Some basic things are already done - see preview below Smile
Also, Mario + Fernando hardly works on conversion of texts for D3. BIG THANKS, folks!

So - if you have some idea, how improve existing D2.4 version, POST IT HERE. We just wish to hear ideas, which can help to create good piece of software for Bible study - before code is too complicate to do big changes.
Also, if you wish to help with conversion of texts for D3, let us know (knowledge of "sed" , "c" and patience is merit)

And finally, here is small preview of D3 with converted "Treasury of Scripture Knowledge" - Bible commentary +reference, KJV with Strongs, BHS and Czech Ekumenic Bible.

Stay tuned for D3 + post your comments!

Josef Planeta

ayrkain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Gematria values Reply with quote

Hi!

Thanks for all the good work on Davar 2.4. I was wondering if you could integrate the final values (the higher values of the final forms of Kaf, Mem, Nun, Pe, and Tsadi) into the total, listed in the book view.

B'shalom

Casey Sheldon
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: >ayrkain Reply with quote

Can you please be more specific and show me example how this work in 2.4 and how you wish it 3.0? You are talkong about numeric values of the hebrew text (available by right-click of mouse over HE text) or rather character table? Thanks Josef

ayrkain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob...

When I go into Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, I can highlight, then right click a word to get a gematria value for the word. As an example, Elohim comes up as having values of 86 (reduced to 14 and 5) . This is the normal gematria value without finals. The finals are Kaf (500), Mem (600), Nun (700), Pe (800), and Tsadi (900), which would make Elohim have another value of 646. The difference I'd like to see is that I'd want to be able to see that value also in the right-click menu.

Better? Smile

B'shalom

Casey Sheldon
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Better gematria Reply with quote

No problem, your request is in TODO file.... It is not hard to fix it. But be patient - developing of D3 just started.....
Josef

hermann

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: German DaBhaR-Translation Reply with quote

hi,
is it possible to include the German DaBhaR-Bible-Translation (F. H. Baader)?

shalom!
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: >hermann Reply with quote

Probably YES if this text:
1) is not (c) restricted
2)and exists in electronic form in good format. For example, if it is already in Online Bible, Theophilos or eSword program. Please, give me url..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Davar 3.0 development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: