DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

translated perception
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice that God of this world is in CAPS
1 Cor 4:3
If our Gospell be yet hid, it is hid among them that are lost,
4:4
in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest should shine unto them the light of the glorious gospel{gospell} of Christ,|Gospell of the glory of Christ| which is the image of God,

And the same way in Greek from Stephanus 1550 NT and from the Codex Vaticanus (B)
"εν οισ ο Θεοσ του αιωνοσ τουτου ετυφλωσεν "

Which the same idea is conveyed by
Da 4:32 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

And again Jesus says in:
Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: eloquence Reply with quote

It's great you brought up:
2 Corinthians 4:3-4
3If our Gospell be yet hid, it is hid among them that are lost,  4in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest should shine unto them the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, which is the image of God,  

Even if there was a misprint, TRC's translation still does not give a private interpretation with capitalizations, and was at liberty in using God and god at divers locations; even out of reverent humility following the original English translation editions from the original tongues.. especially also by not personalizing divine words such as spirit, ghost, son and father with Caps.

Notwithstanding, in this instance most modern translations use "god" but with a bias interpretation.. perhaps trying to bash their so called god of this world.. but even bears to mind:

Jude 1:9
Yet Michael the archangel (when he strove against the devil, and disputed the body of Moses) durst not give railing sentence, but said: The Lord rebuke thee.

Last edited by JAdmin on Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bless You, my friend.

The Codex Vaticanus (B) is very plain on the Use of CAPS.
As an example Θυ, χυ, ιυ, χω, are always designated with a line over the top of the letters ti indicate the Holy one of Israel.
[url] <MAP NAME="">
<AREA SHAPE="RECT" COORDS="0,0,2033,850" HREF="Codex B">
</MAP>[/url]

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: the blood of the lamb Reply with quote

Friend, it's mindbuggling how many codexes and manuscripts are out there. It makes the passage really stand out:
John 9:39
Jesus said: I am come unto judgement, into this world: that they which see not, might see, and they which see might be made blind.

That bears to mind:
Matthew 7:15-20
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you, in sheeps' clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.  16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns? Or figs of briars?   17Even so every good tree, bringeth forth good fruit. But a corrupt tree, bringeth forth evil fruit.  18A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit: nor yet a bad tree can bring forth good fruit.  19Every tree, that bringeth not forth good fruit, shall be hewn down, and cast into the fire.  20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  

God has an amazing way to choose whom he will to faithfully give his wholy testimony:
1 Corinthians 1:26-31
26Brethren look on your calling how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many of high degree are called:  27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world, to confound the wise. And hath chosen the weak things of the world, to confound things which are mighty.  28And vile things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen yea and things of no reputation, for to bring to nought things of reputation,  29that no flesh should rejoice in his presence.  30And unto him pertain ye, in Christ Jesu, which of God is made unto us wisdom, and also righteousness, and sanctifying, and redemption.  31That according as it is written: he which rejoiceth, should rejoice in the Lord.  

Yea, the witness is kept by the many martyrs that take up their cross and follow Christ:
Revelation 14:12-13
12Here is the patience of saints. Here are they that keep the commandments and the faith of Jesu.   13And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me: write: Blessed are the dead, which hereafter die in the Lord, even so saith the spirit: that they may rest from their labors, but their works shall follow them.  
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that!

Care to expand on your comment of
Quote:
trying to bash their so called god of this world..

JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comment emphasized the Scripture quote of:
Daniel 4:32
thou shalt be cast out of men's company: thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, so that thou shalt eat grass like as an ox, till seven years be come and gone over thee: even until thou knowest, that the highest hath power upon the kingdoms of men, and that he may give them, unto whom it pleaseth him.

and even:
John 14:28-31
28Ye have heard how I said unto you: I go and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would verily rejoice, because I said, I go unto the father. For the father is greater than I.  29And now have I shewed you, before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye might believe.  30Here after will I not talk many words unto you. For the chief ruler of this world cometh, and hath nought in me.  31But that the world may know that I love my father; And as the father gave me commandment, even so do I. Rise let us go hence.  

And though 2Corinthians 4:4 can still have such a dual meaning, notwithstanding, the devout ought to acknowledge who really is in charge according to the eminent sovereignty and eternal providence.
Like all devout, I can onely expand such magnitude of knowledge with Christ's help. For he is the only verity risen from the world to everlastingly know.

Moreover, even the Devil has no power, lest it be delivered to him:
Luke 4:6
And the devil said unto him: all this power will I give thee every whit, and the glory of them (for that is delivered to me, and to whosoever I will I give it)

Bears to mind Galatians chapter 6 verses 1-10
Quote:
1 Brethren, if any man be fallen by chance into any <|be overtaken of a|> fault: ye which are spiritual, help to amend <|enform|> him, in the spirit of meekness: considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another's burden: and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 If a <any> man seem to himself that he is somewhat when indeed he is nothing, the same deceiveth himself in his imagination.
4 Let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in his own self, and not in another.
5 For every man <|one|> shall bear his own burden.
6 Let him that is taught in the word, minister unto him that teacheth him in all good things.
7 Be not deceived, God is not mocked. For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he reap.
8 He that soweth in his flesh, shall of the flesh reap corruption: <|destruction|> but he that soweth in the spirit shall, of the spirit reap life everlasting.
9 Let us do good, and let us not faint. <Let us not be weary of well doing.> For when the time is come we shall reap without weariness. <|ceasing|>
10 While we have therefore time let us do good unto all men, and specially, unto them which are of the household of faith.

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat May 20, 2006 12:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it Going there.
8:1
To speak of things dedicated unto idols,|As touching things offered unto Idols| we are sure that we all have knowledge. Knowledge maketh a man swell: but love edifieth.
8:2
If any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
8:3
But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
8:4
To speak of meat dedicated unto idols, we are sure that there is none idol|So are we sure now concerning the meats offered unto Idols, that an Idol is nothing| in the world: and that there is none other God but one.
8:5
And though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth (as there be gods many and lords many)
8:6
but{yet} unto us is there{but} one God, which is the father, of whom are all things, and we in him: and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: one verity Reply with quote

1Co 8:3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Bears to mind:
1 John 2:4-6
4He that saith I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the verity is not in him.  5Whosoever keepeth his word, in him is the love of God perfect in deed. And thereby know we that we are in him.  6He that saith he bideth in him, ought to walk even as he walked.  

1 John 4:20-21
20If a man say, I love God, and yet hate his brother, he is a liar. How can he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, love God whom he hath not seen?  21And this commandment have we of him: that he which loveth God, should love his brother also.  

1Co 8:6 but <yet> unto us is there <but> one God, which is the father, of whom are all things, and we in him: and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Amazing how 1Cor. 8:6 leads to mention later in the Epistle:
1 Corinthians 15:22-28
22For as by Adam all die: even so by Christ, shall all be made alive,  23and every man in his own order: The first is Christ, then they that are Christ's at his coming.  24Then cometh the end, when he hath delivered up the kingdom to God the father, when he hath put down all rule, authority, and power.  25For he must rule till he have put all his enemies under his feet.  26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest, that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  28When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.  

Alleluya
(Yea, and as one body in Christ we got it going on.)
Amazing that recently Dan a brother eloquently brought this up.
And it is only thanks to the one spirit of verity.

Take for ensample that other than a physical aspect, there's a spiritual meaning to this passage:

Quote:
1Co 6:16 Do ye not understand <|Or do ye not know|> that he which coupleth himself with an harlot, is become one body? For two (saith he) shall be one flesh:
1Co 6:17 but he that is joined <|cleaveth|> unto the Lord is one spirit.

Therefore there can be no boasting of any particular church (or derived manuscript) because it is the members that make the body, and not vice versa. Thought the head of the real body is Christ:
Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the wife's head, even as Christ is the head of the congregation, and the same is the saviour of the body.

For we know that:

Quote:
Joh 14:6 Jesus said unto him I am the way, the verity, <truth> and <[the]> life. <[And]> No man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Many good passages can be found about it:

Quote:
Mr 12:29 Jesus answered him: the first of all the commandments is. Hear Israel, our <The> Lord God, is one Lord.
Mr 12:30 And thou shalt love thy Lord God <the LORD thy God> with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength. This is the first commandment.
Mr 12:31 And the second is like unto this. Thou shalt love thy neighbor, as thy self. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Quote:
Eph 4:2 in all humbleness of mind, and meekness, and long suffering, forbearing one another thorow love,
Eph 4:3 and that ye be diligent to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace,
Eph 4:4 being one body, and one spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling.
Eph 4:5 Let there be but one Lord, one faith, one baptism:
Eph 4:6 one God and father of all, which is above all, thorow all, and in us all. <and in you all>

Quote:
Col 3:15 and the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which peace ye are called in one body: and see that ye be thankful.

Quote:
Ro 12:4 As we have many members in one body: and all members have not one office: <|one manner of operation|>
Ro 12:5 So we being many are one body in Christ: and every man (among ourselves) one another's members.

Quote:
1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and <|nevertheless|> all the members of one body though they be many, yet are but one body: even so is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For in one spirit are we all baptised to make one body, whether we be jews or gentiles: whether we be bond or free, and have all drunk of one spirit.

Quote:
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, which hath made of both one, and hath broken down the wall in the midst, that was a stop between us,
Eph 2:15 and hath also put away thorow his flesh, the cause of hatred (that is to say, the law of commandments contained in the law written,) for to make of twain one new man in himself, so making peace:
Eph 2:16 and to reconcile both unto God in one body thorow his cross, and slew hatred thereby:
Eph 2:17 and came and preached peace <|peace in the Gospell|> to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat May 20, 2006 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig that all right!
Which brings to mind the verse that is not in the originals but was added later and is spurious .

1 Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

When the oldest copies we have only convey the next verse:

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1Jo 5:7 (For there are three which <that> bear record <witness> in heaven, the father, the word, and the wholy ghost. And these three are one.)

Tyndale's first translation of 1525-6 included this verse plainly, but the 2nd and 3rd editions of his translation seems to be in parentheses, and only italicized or in smaller text on printings after his execution. In the Tyndale (Rogers, Coverdale, Cranmer) restoration I just signifyed it with parentheses (as did Rogers in Matthew's Bible, Cranmer in the Great bible and Coverdale from WT's edition source)
Tyndale's NT translation (with the Hebrew significance in mind) was based not only on Erasmus' Greek 3rd edition, but also in the preserved underground Old Latin (as did somewhat the German Luther, and later the Italian Diodati and French Olivetan Bible) and so it included the words. If God allowed this in the brave believers' record that passed the faithful Scriptures in their persecuted Latin language (from generation to generation) then it must of been for a reason.

For God did not just preserve his wholy testimony in Greek only. Rather again, the nailed fact is that:
Luke 23:38
His superscription was written over him, in greek, latin, and hebrew letters: This is the King of the Jews.

For it wasn't just the written material that matters, but who faithfully brought us that material in Jesu Christ even at the cost of their lives out of love for us to have the whole verity.
Matthew 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

As it is written:
Psalms 33:11
But the counsel of the LORD endureth, and the thoughts of his heart from generation to generation.
Isaiah 8:20
If any man want light, let him look upon the law and the testimony whether they speak not after this meaning.
Matthew 18:16
But if he hear thee not, then take yet with thee one or two, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses, all things may stand.

Thus even if there aren't any surviving so called "original mss. copies" in the old Latin, Hebrew or Greek.. that even does not take away from the likelihood that the Apostles wrote to brethren also in Latin and Hebrew. Moreover God is not limited afterwords to a language in order to pass his truth from generation to generation as he promised (specially for those that seek him with their whole heart). Yea God is not limited to the testimony of men either:
Quote:
1Jo 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater. For this is the witness of God, ([that is greater]) which he testified of his son. <that God hath born of his son.>

Psalms 119:89
Lamed. O LORD, thy word endureth forever in heaven.

Yea, I would not even limit God on how in his dignified majesty he allows whosoever (at liberty) to see the light of his testimony even in written form by men that know not what they do. And if indeed a passage part is valid, then this piece must fit together with the puzzle. Noticing:

Code:
1Jo 5:6 This Jesus Christ is he that came by water and blood, not by water only: but by water and blood. And it is the spirit that beareth witness, because the spirit is truth.
1Jo 5:7 ---
1Jo 5:8 And there are three which bear record (---) the spirit, and water, and blood: and these three are one.
1Jo 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater. For this is the witness of God, ([that is greater]) which he testified of his son.

If the text is omited, the passage does not seem to go with the verse flow because it sounds like an odd affirmation alluding to something (that is greater) missing. Seeing what men have done with manuscripts (even putting their faith more upon scrolls rather than on him who gave them) perhaps the sovereign God in his providence has a great sense of humor to have allowed this so that they may be confounded upon their own stubborn devices.

Notwithstanding, the problem with 1Jo.5:7 does not seem to be the lack of inspiration, but rather the lack of knowledge, wisdom and preception.
The verse does not entail any doctrine of men such as a "Trinity" that itself has various suppositions. What 1 John 5:7 does express is HOW the true godhead works in spirit and in verity (that in this regard, fits the passage perfectly.) Besides, who are we to question the providence in God's sovereignty on how he reveals verity to us. This verse was not the first nor last to be ommited or included (even divinely allowed on purpose) in divers manuscripts. Though there also may be some basis for a "mysterious" conspiracy with so called "Textual Criticism" and original "Text Preservation" doctrines of men.. Nonetheless, worldily scholars that base a record only upon age or quantity (being older is truer or that more mss. agree better) oppose the quality manner of witness agreement according to the very Scriptures.

Code:
1Jo 5:6 This Jesus Christ is he that came by water and blood, not by water only: but by water and blood. And it is the spirit that beareth witness, <testifieth> because the spirit is truth. <|for the spirit is trueth|>
1Jo 5:7 (For there are three which <that> bear record <witness> in heaven, the father, the word, and the wholy ghost. And these three are one.)
1Jo 5:8 And <For> there are three which <that> bear record (in earth:) the spirit, and water, and blood: and these three are one.
1Jo 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater. For this is the witness of God, ([that is greater]) which he testified of his son. <that God hath born of his son.>

Last edited by JAdmin on Fri May 30, 2008 7:09 pm; edited 6 times in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: