DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eat, drink, and be merry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Eat, drink, and be merry Reply with quote

They receive baptism as an emblem of death in voluntarily going under water; so they receive it as an emblem of resurrection unto eternal life, Thus in coming up out of the water they are baptised for the dead, in perfect faith of the resurrection. Verse 31 confirms this as does Matt 20:22,23; Mark 10:38; and luke 12:50 (Clark)

1 Cor 15:29 Other else what do they which are baptised on behalf of the dead ones, if the dead ones are not raised up at all? why are they baptised on behalf of them?
15:30 Why stand we in danger every hour?
15:31 But by your boasting brothers which I have in Christ Jesu our Lord, I die daily.
15:32 If after the manner of men, to be a gladiator in Ephesus, what does it profit me if the dead ones are not raised up? Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.
15:33 Be not deceived: corrupt morals are better companions of evil
15:34 Watch righteously and sin not.

For if we watch not righteously we must remember:
Ec 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
Luke 12:19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
Ec 11:9 Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.
Ps 49:12 Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.
1Ti 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
Jas 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Eat, drink, and be merry Reply with quote

Isaiah 40:6-8
6The same voice spake: Now cry. And I said: What shall I cry? Then spake it: That all flesh is grass, and that all the beauty thereof, is as the flower of the field.  7When the grass is withered, the flower falleth away. Even so is the people as grass, when the breath of the LORD bloweth upon them.  8Nevertheless whether the grass wither, or the flower fade away: Yet the word of our God endureth forever.  

1Co 15:34 wrote:
Awake truly out of sleep, <|right up|> and sin not. For some have not the knowledge of God. I speak this unto your rebuke.

Ecclesiastes 2:24-26
24Is it not better then for a man to eat and drink, and his soul to be merry in his labour? Yea I saw that this also was a gift of God:  25For who may eat, drink, or bring anything to pass without him? And why?  26He giveth unto man, what it pleaseth him: whether it be wisdom, understanding, or gladness. But unto the sinner he giveth weariness and sorrow, that he may gather and heap together the thing, that afterward shall be given unto him whom it pleaseth God. This is now a vain thing, yea a very disquietness and vexation of mind.  

Luke 12:13-21
13One of the company said unto him: Master, bid my brother divide the inheritance with me.  14And he said unto him: Man, who made me a judge, or a divider over you?  15Wherefore he said unto them: take heed, and beware of covetousness. For no man's life standeth in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.  16And he put forth a similitude unto them saying: The lands of a certain man brought forth fruits plenteously,  17and he thought in himself saying: what shall I do? because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?  18And he said: This will I do. I will destroy my barns, and build greater, and therein will I gather all my fruits, and my goods:  19and I will say to my soul: Soul thou hast much goods laid up in store for many years, take thine ease: eat, drink and be merry.  20But God said unto him: Thou fool, this night will they fetch away thy soul again from thee. Then whose shall those things be which thou hast provided?  21So is it with him that gathered riches, and is not rich in God.  

1 Peter 1:22-25
22And forasmuch as ye have purified your souls thorow the spirit, in obeying the truth for to love brotherly without feigning, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:  23for ye are born a new, not of mortal seed, but of immortal seed, by the word of God which liveth, and lasteth for ever,  24because that all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man is as the flower of grass, the grass is withered, and the flower is faded away,  25but the word of the Lord endureth ever. And this is the word which by the gospel was preached among you.  

1 John 1:6-10
6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and yet walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:  7but and if we walk in light even as he is in light, then have we fellowship with him, and the blood of Christ his son, cleanseth us from all sin.  8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and truth is not in us.  9If we knowledge our sins, he is faithful and just, to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  10If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.  

1 John 2:1-6
1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye should not sin: and if any man sin, yet we have an Advocate with the father, Jesus Christ, which is righteous:  2and he it is that obtaineth grace for our sins: not for our sins only: but also for the sins of all the world.  3And hereby we know that we have known him, if we keep his commandments.  4He that saith I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the verity is not in him.  5Whosoever keepeth his word, in him is the love of God perfect in deed. And thereby know we that we are in him.  6He that saith he bideth in him, ought to walk even as he walked.  

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
13Let us hear the conclusion of all things: Fear God, and keep his commandments, for that toucheth all men:  14For God shall judge all works and secret things, whether they be good or evil. The end of the book of the Preacher, otherwise called Eccleasiastes.  

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:05 am; edited 3 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Cor 15:34 But someone will say, How are the dead ones raised up? And in what body do they come?
15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest, is not made alive except
it die. 15:37 And what sowest thou? Thou sowest not that body that shall be: but a naked grain if it may happen either of wheat, or of some other
15:38 But God giveth it a body as he willed, to each seed it's own body.
15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but none other than indeed of men, another flesh of cattle, but another flesh of birds, and another of fishes.
15:40 There are heavenly bodies, and there are earthly bodies But one indeed the glory of the heavenlies, another of the earthlies. 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, an another glory of the stars. For one star differeth from another in glory.
15:42 So is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption, and raised in incorruption.
15:43 It is sown in dishonour, and raised in honour. It is sown
in weakness, and riseth in power.
15:44 It is sown a natural body, and raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is a spiritual.
15:45 As it is written: The first Adam was made a living soul: and the last Adam was made a life giving spirit:
15:46 but that is not first which is the spiritual: but the natural, afterwards the spiritual.
15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: The second man from
heaven.
15:48 As what kind the earthy, such are they that are earthy: And of what kind the heavenly, such are they that are heavenly ones.
15:49 And even as we bore the image of the earthy, so shall we also bear the image of the heavenly.
15:50 This say I brethren, that flesh and blood are not able to inherit a kingdom of God. Neither shall corruption inherit
incorruption. 15:51 Lo I speak a mystery to you: Indeed we shall not all be asleep: but we shall all be changed,
15:52 In a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, in the last trumpet. For it shall sound, and the dead ones shall be raised incorruptible: And we shall be changed.
15:53 It is necessary for this the corruptible to be clothed with : incorruption and this mortal shall be clothed with immortality.
15:54 But when this the corruptible shall be clothed with incorruption: and this mortal shall be clothed with immortality: then will happen the word that is written: Death was swallowed up into victory.
15:55 Where o death is thy sting? Where o Shocked unseen(82 invisable; concealed) is thy victory? 15:56 But the sting of death is sin. The power of sin is the law: 15:57 But thanks be unto God, which hath given us victory through our Lord Jesus Anointed.
15:58 Wherefore my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast and unmoveable, abounding in the work of the Lord , at all times knowing how that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Isa 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: original tongue Reply with quote

The devout ought to take heed if boasting about wisdom in the complex words of Scripture (or even over-simplication) because it deviates from the Gospel's focus.
It is no wonder why Apostle Paul exhorted:
1 Corinthians 1:17-25
17For Christ sent me not to baptise, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should have been made of none effect.  18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness: but unto us which are saved, it is the power of God.  19For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and will cast away the understanding of the prudent.  20Where is the wise man? where is the scribe? where is the searcher of this world? Hath not God made the wisdom of this world foolishness?  21For when the world thorow wisdom knew not God, in the wisdom of God: it pleased God thorow foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.  22For the jews require a sign, and the greeks seek after wisdom.  23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the jews an occasion of falling and unto the greeks foolishness:  24but unto them which are called both of jews and greeks we preach Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.  25For Godly foolishness is wiser than men: And Godly weakness is stronger than are men.  

Though hell be "concealed"; nonetheless is also biblically taken for a hidden place beneath in the earth. (1Sa 2:6, Ps 139:8, Lk 16:19-31)

Isaiah 25:8
As for death he shall utterly consume it. The Lord GOD shall wipe away the tears from all faces, and take away the confusion of his people thorow the whole world. For the LORD himself hath said it.

Again brings to attention what WT adverted in his prologue of the New Testament from the original tongues:
Quote:
If ought seem changed, or not altogether agreeing with the Greek, let the finder of the fault consider the Hebrew phrase or manner of speech left in the Greek words. Whose preterperfect tense and present tense is oft both one, and the future tense is the optative mode also, and the future tense is oft the imperative mode in the active voice, and in the passive ever. Likewise person for person, number for number, and an interrogation for a conditional, and such like is with the Hebrews a common usage.

Thus 1Corinthians 15:55 bears to mind the prophesied Hebrew expression:
Quote:
Hosea 13:14 had not I defended him from the grave, and delivered him from death. O death, I will be thy death: O hell, I will be thy sting.
Quote:

1Co 15:54 When this corruptible hath put on incorruptibility: and this mortal hath put on immortality: then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: Death is consumed into victory. <|then shall the word be fulfilled that is written: Death is swallowed up in victory.|>
15:55 Death where is thy sting? Hell where is thy victory?
15:56 The sting of death is sin. <[:and]> The strength of sin is the law:
15:57 But thanks be unto God, which hath given us victory thorow our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 1:17-18
17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet, even as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me: fear not. I am the first and the last,  18and am alive, and was dead. And behold I am alive for evermore, and have the keys of hell and of death.  

And though there's a corrupt natural body and an uncorrupt spiritual body, that doesn't mean that the spiritual isn't also physical. Job proclaimed that well when he said:
Job 19:25-29
25For I am sure, that my redeemer liveth, and that I shall rise out of the earth in the latter day:  26that I shall be clothed again with this skin, and see God in my flesh.  27Yea I my self shall behold him, not with other but with these same eyes. My reins are consumed within me,  28when ye say: Why do not we persecute him? We have found an occasion against him.  29But beware of the sword, for the sword will be avenged of wickedness, and be sure, that there is a judgement.  

Though flesh and blood can't inherit the kingdom of God, that doesn't mean that men's mortality can't be changed to immortality at the resurrection, as did Jesu Christ's body after he rose from the dead:
Luke 24:36-46
36As they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and said unto them: peace be with you. ([It is I, fear not])  37And they were abashed, and afraid, supposing that they had seen a spirit.  38And he said unto them: Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?  39Behold my hands and my feet. For it is even I myself. Handle me and see. For spirits have not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.  40And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands, and his feet.  41And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them: Have ye here any meat?  42and they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.  43And he took it, and ate it before them.  44And he said unto them: These are the words, which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you: that all must be fulfilled which were written of me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms.  45Then opened he their wits, that they might understand the scriptures,  46and said unto them: Thus is it written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise again from death the third day.  

John 20:24-29
24 Thomas one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.  25The other disciples said unto him: we have seen the Lord. And he said unto them: except I see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger in the holes of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.  26And after eight days again, his disciples were with in, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came when the doors were shut, and stood in the midst and said: peace be with you:  27Than said he to Thomas: put in thy finger here, and see my hands, and put forth thy hand and thrust him into my side, and be not without faith: but believe.  28Thomas answered and said unto him: my Lord, and my God.  29Jesus said unto him: Thomas, because thou hast seen me, therefore hast thou believed: Happy are they that have not seen, and yet believe.  

Quote:
? Dearly beloved believe not every spirit: but prove the spirits whether they are of God, or no: for many false prophets are gone out in to the world. Hereby shall ye know the spirit of God. Every spirit that confesseth that Iesus Christ is come in the flesh, is of God. And every spirit which confesseth not that Iesus Christ is come (εληλυθοτα) in the flesh, is not of God. And this is that spirit of Antichrist, of whom ye have heard, how that he should come: and even now already is he in the world.
1John 4:1-3

1Jo 4:2 .. "ιησουν χριστον εν σαρκι εληλυθοτα"

Iesus Christ is come (εληλυθοτα) in the flesh

Quote:
2Jo 1:5 And now beseech <|beseek|> I thee lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that same, which we had from the beginning, that we should love one another.
2Jo 1:6 And this is the love, that we should walk after his commandments. This commandment is (that as ye have heard from the beginning) ye should walk in it. <|walk therein|>
2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into <|are come in to|> the world, which confess not that Jesus Christ is como <(ερχομενον: as coming, or returning)> in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

2 John 1:8-9
8Look on yourselves, that we loose not that we have wrought: but that we may have a full reward.  9Whosoever transgresseth and bideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that endureth in the doctrine of Christ, hath both the father, and the son.  

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:07 am; edited 4 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: A reflection of us Reply with quote

Job 28:17 shall not be equal to her Gold and (5194 υαλος) glass, nor to as barter for her items of gold.

Ex 38:8 And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the (04759 mirror) lookingglasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Re 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of (5193 υαλινη) glass like unto (2930 κρυσταλλον) crystal, and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Re 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of (5193 υαλινος) glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of (5193 υαλινος) glass, having the harps of God.
(5193 of glass or transparent like glass)

Re 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto (2513 καυαρος) pure (5194 υαλος) glass.
Re 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were (1306.1 διαυγης) transparent (5194 υαλος) glass.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a (2734 κατοπτριζω) mirror the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
(2734 to show in a mirror, to make to reflect, to mirror)

JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: A reflection of us Reply with quote

WT wrote:
If ought seem changed, or not altogether agreeing with the Greek, let the finder of the fault consider the Hebrew phrase or manner of speech left in the Greek words.

heman wrote:
Job 28:17 shall not be equal to her Gold and (5194 υαλος) glass, nor to as barter for her items of gold.

Job 28:12-28
12How cometh a man then by wisdom? Where is the place that men find understanding?  13Verily no man can tell how worthy a thing she is, neither is she found in the land of the living.  14The deep sayeth: she is not in me. The sea sayeth: she is not with me.  15She can not be gotten for the most fine gold, neither may the price of her be bought with any money.  16No wedges of gold of Ophir, no precious Onyx stones, no Sapphire may be compared unto her.  17No, neither gold nor Crystal, neither sweet odours nor golden plate.  18There is nothing so worthy, or so excellent, as once to be named unto her: for perfect wisdom goeth far beyond them all.  19The Topaz that cometh out of Inde, may in no wise be likened unto her: yea no manner of apparel how pleasant and fair soever it be.  20From where then cometh wisdom? and where is the place of understanding?  21She is hid from the eyes of all men, yea and from the fouls of the air.  22Destruction and death say: We have heard tell of her with our ears.  23But God seeth her way, and knoweth her place.  24For he holdeth the ends of the world and looketh upon all that is under the heaven.  25When he weighed the winds, and measured the waters:  26When he set the rain in order, and gave the mighty floods a law.  27Then did he see her, then declared he her, prepared her and knew her.  28And unto man he said: Behold, to fear the Lord, is wisdom: and to forsake evil, is understanding.  

Quote:

‏28:17 לא יערכנה זהב וזכוכית(2137) ותמורתה כלי פז

Hebrew Strong: 2137
zek-oo-keeth
from 2135; properly, transparency, i.e. glass:--crystal.

Hebrew Strong: 2135
zaw-kaw'
a primitive root (compare 2141); to be translucent; figuratively, to be innocent:--be (make) clean, cleanse, be clear, count pure.

heman wrote:
Ex 38:8 And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the (04759 mirror) lookingglasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Ex 38:8 And he made the laver of brass and the foot of it also of brass, in the sight of them that did watch before the door of the tabernacle of witness.

Hebrew Strong: 4759
mar-aw'
feminine of 4758; a vision; also (causatively) a mirror:--looking glass, vision.
Code:

Hebrew Strong:  4758
mar-eh'
 from 7200; a view (the act of seeing); also an appearance  (the thing seen), whether (real) a shape (especially if  handsome, comeliness; often plural the looks), or (mental) a  vision:--X apparently, appearance(-reth), X as soon as  beautiful(-ly), countenance, fair, favoured, form, goodly, to  look (up) on (to), look(-eth), pattern, to see, seem, sight,  visage, vision.

Hebrew Strong:  7200
raw-aw'
 a primitive root; to see, literally or figuratively (in  numerous applications, direct and implied, transitive,  intransitive and causative):--advise self, appear, approve,  behold, X certainly, consider, discern, (make to) enjoy, have  experience, gaze, take heed, X indeed, X joyfully, lo, look  (on, one another, one on another, one upon another, out, up,  upon), mark, meet, X be near, perceive, present, provide,  regard, (have) respect, (fore-, cause to, let) see(-r, -m, one  another), shew (self), X sight of others, (e-)spy, stare, X   surely, X think, view, visions.

heman wrote:
Re 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of (5193 υαλινη) glass like unto (2930 κρυσταλλον) crystal, and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Re 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of (5193 υαλινος) glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of (5193 υαλινος) glass, having the harps of God.
(5193 of glass or transparent like glass)

Greek Strong: 5193
hoo-al'-ee-nos
from 5194; glassy, i.e. transparent:--of glass.

Greek Strong: 2930
kroos'-tal-los
from a derivative of kruos (frost); ice, i.e. (by analogy) rock "crystal":--crystal.

heman wrote:
Re 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto (2513 καυαρος) pure (5194 υαλος) glass.
Re 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were (1306.1 διαυγης) transparent (5194 υαλος) glass.

Greek Strong: G2513
kath-ar-os'
of uncertain affinity; clean (literally or figuratively):--clean, clear, pure.

Strong: G1307
dee-af-an-ace'
Transliter: diaphanes
from 1223 and 5316; appearing through, i.e. "diaphanous":--transparent. G1223 G5316
Code:
Strong:  G1223
dee-ah'
 a primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through (in very  wide applications, local, causal, or occasional):--after, always,  among, at, to avoid, because of (that), briefly, by, for (cause) ...  fore, from, in, by occasion of, of, by reason of, for sake, that,  thereby, therefore, X though, through(-out), to, wherefore, with  (-in). In composition it retains the same general importance.

Strong:  G5316
fah'-ee-no
 prolongation for the base of 5457; to lighten (shine), i.e. show  (transitive or intransitive, literal or figurative):-- appear, seem,  be seen, shine, X think.

Greek Strong: 5194
hoo'-al-os
perhaps from the same as 5205 (as being transparent like rain); glass:--glass.

heman wrote:
2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a (2734 κατοπτριζω) mirror the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
(2734 to show in a mirror, to make to reflect, to mirror)

Quote:
2Co 3:18 And now the Lord's glory appeareth in us all, as in a glass: <But we all behold the glory of the Lord with his face open> and we are <weare> changed unto the same similitude, from glory to glory, <|same image, from one clearness to another|> even of the Lord which is a spirit. <even of the spirit of the Lord.>

Strong: G2734
kat-op-trid'-zom-ahee
middle voice from a compound of 2596 and a derivative of 3700 (compare 2072); to mirror oneself, i.e. to see reflected (figuratively):--behold as in a glass.

Code:
Strong:  G2072
es'-op-tron
 from 1519 and a presumed derivative of 3700; a mirror (for looking  into):--glass.

Strong:  G3700
op-tan'-om-ahee, a (middle voice) prolonged form                                    of the primary (middle voice) optomai 
op'-tom-ahee; which is used for it in certain tenses; and both as alternate of  3708 to gaze (i.e. with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable; and  thus differing from 991, which denotes simply voluntary observation;  and from 1492, which expresses merely mechanical, passive or casual  vision; while 2300, and still more emphatically its intensive 2334,  signifies an earnest but more continued inspection; and 4648 a  watching from a distance):--appear, look, see, shew self.

Matthew 27:51-56
51And behold the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom, and the earth did quake,  52and the stones did rent, and graves did open, and the bodies of many saints which slept, arose:  53and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and came into the holy city, and appeared unto many.  54When the petty captain, and they that were with him watching Jesus, saw the earthquake and those things which happened, they feared greatly saying; Of a surety this was the son of God.  55And many women were there, beholding him afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:  56among the which was Mary Magdalen, and Mary the mother of James and the mother of Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.  

Mark 15:38-41
38And the veil of the temple did rent in two parts, from the top to the bottom.  39And when the undercaptain which stood before him saw that he so cried and gave up the ghost, and he said: truly this man was the son of God.  40There were also women a good way off beholding him: among whom was Mary Magdalen, and Mary the mother of James the little and of Joses, and Mary Salome:  41which also when he was in Galilee, followed him and ministered unto him, and many other women which came up with him to Hierusalem.  

Luke 23:45-49
45and the sun was darkened. And the veil of the temple rent even thorow the midst.  46And Jesus cried with a great voice and said: Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit. And when he thus had said, he gave up the ghost.  47When the Centurion saw, what had happened, he glorified God saying: Of a surety this man was perfect.  48And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done: smote their breasts, and returned home.  49And all his acquaintance stood afar off, and the women, which followed him from Galilee, beholding these things.   

2 Corinthians 3:12-18
12Seeing then that we have such trust we use great boldness,  13and do not as Moses, which put a veil over his face that the children of Israel should not see for what purpose that served which is put away.   14But their minds were blinded. For until this day remaineth the same covering untaken away in the old testament when they read it, which in Christ is put away:  15But even unto this day, when Moses is read the veil hangeth before their hearts.  16Nevertheless when they turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.  17The Lord no doubt is a spirit. And where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.  18And now the Lord's glory appeareth in us all, as in a glass: and we are changed unto the same similitude, from glory to glory, even of the Lord which is a spirit.  

Hebrews 6:13-20
13For when God made promise to Abraham, because he had no greater thing to swear by, he sware by himself,  14saying: Surely I will bless thee, and multiply thee in deed.  15And so after that he had tarried a long time, he enjoyed the promises.  16Men verily swear by him that is greater than themselves; And an oath to confirm the thing, is among them an end of all strife.  17So God willing very abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise, the stableness of his counsel, he added an oath,  18that by two immutable things (in which it was unpossible that God should lie) we might have perfect consolation, which have fled, for to hold fast the hope that is set before our faces,  19which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast. Which hope also entereth in, into those things which are within the veil,  20whither the forerunner is for us entered in, I mean Jesus that is made an high priest for ever, after the order of Melchisedech.  

Hebrews 9:3-10
3Within the second veil was the tabernacle, which is called holiest of all,  4which had the golden censer, and the ark of the testament overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot with Manna, and Aaron's rod that sprung, and the tables of the testament.  5Over the ark were the cherubims of glory shadowing the seat of grace. Of which things, we will not now speak particularly.  6When these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle and executed the service of God:  7 Into the second went the high priest alone, once every year: but not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the ignorance of the people:  8 The holy ghost this signifying, that the way of holy things was not yet opened, while as yet the first tabernacle was standing,  9which was a similitude of this present time, in which gifts and sacrifices are offered, which can not make them that minister perfect, as pertaining to the conscience,  10with meats only and drinks, and divers washings, and justifyings of the flesh, which were ordained until the time of reformation.  

Hebrews 10:19-25
19Seeing brethren that by the means of the blood of Jesu, we may be bold to enter into that holy place,  20by the new and living way, which he hath prepared for us, through the veil, that is to say by his flesh.  21And seeing also that we have an high priest which is ruler over the house of God,  22let us draw nigh with a true heart in a full faith sprinkled in our hearts, from an evil conscience, and washed in our bodies with pure water,  23and let us keep the profession of our hope, without wavering (for he is faithful that promised)  24and let us consider one another to provoke unto love, and to good works:  25and let us not forsake the fellowship that we have among ourselves, as the manner of some is: but let us exhort one another, and that so much the more, because ye see that the day draweth nigh.  

Quote:
1Co 2:12 And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God,
2:13 which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things. <|and judge spiritual matters spiritually|>
2:14 For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined: <|can not perceive it: for it must be spiritually discerned|>
2:15 but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.
2:16 For who knoweth the mind of the Lord, other who shall inform him? but we understand the mind of Christ.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: REPENTANCE Reply with quote

2 Peter 3:1-18
1This is the second pistel that I now write unto you, my dearly beloved, wherewith I stir up and warn your pure minds,  2to call to remembrance the words which were told before of the holy prophets, and also the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour.  3This first understand, that there shall come in the last days mockers ([in deceitfulness]) which will walk after their own lusts  4and say: Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers died all things continue in the same estate wherein they were at the beginning.   5This they know not (and that willingly) how that the heavens a great while ago were, and the earth that was in the water, appeared up out of the water by the word of God:  6by the which things the world that then was perished overflowen with the flood.  7But the heavens verily and earth which are now, are kept by the same word in store, and reserved unto fire, against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.   8Dearly beloved be not ignorant of this one thing, how that one day is with the Lord, as a thousand year, and a thousand year as one day.  9The Lord is not slack to fulfil his promise as some men count slackness: but is patient to us ward and would have no man lost, but would receive all men to repentance.  10Nevertheless the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in the which day, the heavens shall perish with terrible noise, and the elements shall melt with heat, and the earth with the works that are therein shall burn.  11If all these things shall perish, what manner persons ought ye to be in holy conversation, and godliness:  12looking for, and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens shall perish with fire, and the elements shall be consumed with heat.  13Nevertheless we look for a new heaven, and a new earth, according to his promise, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  14Wherefore dearly beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot and undefiled:  15And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health, even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you,  16yea, almost in every pistel speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction.  17Ye therefore beloved seeing ye are warned; Beware lest ye be also plucked away with the error of the wicked, and own steadfastness:  18but grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, and saviour Jesus Christ. To whom be glory both now and for ever, Amen. Here endeth the second epistle of saint Peter  

Quote:
Matthew 16:15-28
15He said unto them: But whom say ye that I am?  16Simon Peter answered, and said: Thou art Christ the son of the living God.  17And Jesus answered and said to him: Happy art thou Simon the son of Jonas, for flesh and blood have not opened unto thee that, but my father which is in heaven.  18And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter. And upon this rock I will build my congregation: and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  19And I will give unto thee, the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatsoever thou bindest upon earth, it shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou loosest on earth, it shall be loosed in heaven.  20Then he charged his disciples, that they should tell no man, that he was Jesus Christ.  21From that time forth, Jesus began to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the seniors, and of the high priests, and of the scribes, and must be killed, and rise again the third day.  22 Peter took him aside, and began to rebuke him saying: Master favor thy self, this shall not come unto thee.  23Then turned he about, and said unto Peter: go after me Satan, thou offendest me, because thou perceivest not godly things: but worldly things.  24Jesus then said to his disciples. If any man will follow me, let him forsake himself, and take up his cross and follow me.  25For whosoever will save his life, shall loose it. And whosoever shall loose his life for my sake, shall find it.   26What shall it profit a man, if he should win all the whole world: so he loose his own soul? Or else what shall a man give to redeem his soul again withal?  27For the son of man shall come in the glory of his father, with his angels, and then shall he reward every man according to his deeds.  28Verily I say unto you, some there be among them that here stand, which shall not taste of death, till they shall have seen the son of man come in his kingdom.  

Mark 8:29-38
29And he said unto them: But whom say ye that I am? Peter answered and said unto him: Thou art very Christ.  30And he charged them, that they should tell no man of it.  31And he began to declare unto them, how that the son of man must suffer many things, and should be reproved of the seniors and of the high priests and scribes, and should be killed, and after three days arise again.  32And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him aside, and began to chide him.  33 He turned about, and looked on his disciples, and rebuked Peter saying: Go after me Satan. For thou savourest not the things of God but the things of men.  34And he called the people unto him, with his disciples also, and said unto them. Whosoever will follow me, let him forsake himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.  35For whosoever will save his life, shall lose it. But whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.  36What shall it profit a man, if he should win all the world and lose his own soul?  37or else what shall a man give, to redeem his soul again?   38Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words, among this advoutrous and sinful generation: of him shall the son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his father with the holy angels.  

Luke 9:20-35
20 He said unto them: Who say ye that I am? Peter answered and said: thou art the Christ of God.  21 He warned and commanded them, that they should tell no man that thing,  22saying: That the son of man must suffer many things, and be reproved of the seniors, and of the high priests and scribes, and be slain, and the third day rise again.  23And he said to them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take his cross on him daily, and follow me.  24Whosoever will save his life, shall lose it. And whosoever shall lose his life, for my sake, the same shall save it.  25For what shall it advantage a man, to win the whole world, if he lose himself: or run in damage of himself?  26For whosoever is ashamed of me, and of my sayings: of him shall the son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in his own majesty, and in the majesty of his father, and of the holy angels.  27 I tell you of a surety: Some there are of them that here stand, which shall not taste of death till they see the kingdom of God.  28And it followed about an eight days after those sayings, he took Peter, James, and John, and went up into a mountain to pray.  29And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was changed, and his garment was white and shone.  30And behold, two men talked with him, and they were Moses and Helias,  31which appeared gloriously, and spake of his departing, which he should end at Jerusalem.  32Peter and they that were with him, were heavy asleep. And when they woke, they saw his majesty, and two men standing with him.  33And it chanced as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus: Master, it is good being here for us. Let us make three tabernacles, one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Helias. And wist not what he said.  34While he thus spake there came a cloud and shadowed them and they feared when they entered into the cloud.  35And there came a voice out of the cloud saying: This is my dear son, hear him.  

John 21:14-25
14And this is now the third time that Jesus appeared to his disciples, after that he was risen again from death.  15When they had dined, Jesus said to Simon Peter: Simon Joanna, lovest thou me more than these? He said unto him: yea Lord, thou knowest, that I love thee. He said unto him: feed my lambs.  16He said to him again the second time: Simon Joanna, lovest thou me? He said unto him: yea Lord thou knowest that I love thee. He said unto him: feed my sheep.  17He said unto him the third time: Simon Joanna, lovest thou me? Peter sorrowed because he said to him the third time, lovest thou me, and said unto him: Lord, thou knowest all things, thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus said unto him: feed my sheep.  18Verily, verily I say unto thee, when thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou art old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and lead thee whither thou wouldest not.  19That spake he signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had said thus, he said to him: Follow me.  20Peter turned about, and saw that disciple whom Jesus loved following (which also leaned on his breast at supper) and said: Lord which is he that shall betray thee?  21When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus: Lord what shall he here do?  22Jesus said unto him: If I will have him to tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.  23Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die. And Jesus said not to him, he shall not die: but if I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?  24The same disciple is he, which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things. And we know, that his testimony is true.  25There are also many other things which Jesus did: the which if they should be written every one, I suppose the world could not contain the books that should be written. Here endeth the Gospell off Sainct John.  

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Girding "fulfilling of that affection" Reply with quote

Jn 21:18Verily, verily I say unto thee, when thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou art old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and lead thee whither thou wouldest not.

Interesting that you should quote this phrase. The study yesterday was on this very matter and here is the definition:to Gird-
"Surround as with a belt, to bind as with an oath, promise, or as a covenant; contract; as in a mothers love, the fulfilling of that affection."

Which institutes a closer look at 1 Cor 15:45 "As it is written: The first Adam was made (Ψυχην 2222) life (ζωσαν 2227.3) binding: and the
last Adam was made a (ζωοποιουν 2227.1)life giving spirit:"

Ψυχην 2222 Life, livelihood, subsistence, means.
ζωσαν 2227.3 A binding; a tying around, or up; a girding up
ζωοποιουν 2227.1 Giving life to, restoring to life; production,
procreation.

And also considering the statement " get thou (3694 οπισω) behind me (4567σατανα)adversary for you are a (4625 σκανδαλον) stumbling block of me for thou savourest not the things of God but the things of men."

Matt 16: 23Then turned he about, and said unto Peter: go after me Satan, thou offendest me, because thou perceivest not godly things: but worldly things.

4625 σκανδαλον A stumbling block, a trap laid for an enemy, an obstacle, a cause of offence.
Which clearly indicates that Peter was the cause of the offense which leads up to James 1:13-16 13 ? Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own inordinate desires, and entrapped.15 Then when the inordinate desire hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, having been perfected, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Such as " Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: edification Reply with quote

Heman wrote:
And also considering the statement " get thou (3694 οπισω) behind me (4567σατανα)adversary for you are a (4625 σκανδαλον) stumbling block of me for thou savourest not the things of God but the things of men."

Seems the statement "get thou behind me, ' Satan" started with the Geneva 1560 edition, even with an interesting footnote relating to the topic:
Quote:
' Which word signifieth an adversary, who resisteth the will of God, either of malice, as did Judas, or of rashness and arrogance, as Peter did.

Though the original Geneva New Testament edition of 1557 had it as "Away from me,".

Now "go after me" seems to be an ironic Latin expression, as translated by Wycliffe from the Vulgate. Tyndale translated it likewise even taking the Greek into account:
Quote:
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in the darkness, and <but the> darkness comprehended it not. (αυτο ου κατελαβεν: did not surpass it)

Notwithstanding, "comprehend" is also understood as to grasp something; that here is refering to the darkness that did not overtake the light.

Getting back to Matthew 16:23, the statement "get thee behind me, Satan" thus subtly sounds like the adversary has gotten to the front. Howbeit?:

Code:
Mt 16:23 Then turned he about, and said unto Peter: go <come> after me Satan, thou offendest me, because thou perceivest <favourest or savourest> not godly things: but worldly things.

Notice "Then turned he about".. meaning that the adversary was already behind him, and thus the correct remark to why is the adversary futilely trying to "go after" something it doesn't even favor.

John 16:32-33
32Behold the hour draweth nigh, and is already come, that ye shall be scattered every man his ways, and shall leave me alone. And yet am I not alone. For my father is with me.  33These words have I spoken unto you that in me ye might have peace. In the world shall ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.  

Code:
1Jo 4:2 .. "ιησουν χριστον εν σαρκι εληλυθοτα"
Iesus Christ is come (εληλυθοτα) in the flesh

1 John 5:3-6
3This is the love of God, that we keep his commandments, and his commandments are not grievous.  4For all that is born of God, overcometh the world. And this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.  5Who is it that overcometh the world: but he which believeth that Jesus is the son of God?  6This Jesus Christ is he that came by water and blood, not by water only: but by water and blood. And it is the spirit that beareth witness, because the spirit is truth.  

Code:
2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into <|are come in to|> the world, which confess not that Jesus Christ is como <(ερχομενον: as coming, or returning)> in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jo 1:8 Look on yourselves, that we loose not that we have wrought: but that we may have <|receive|> a full reward.
2Jo 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth and bideth not <|abideth not|> in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that endureth <|abideth|> in the doctrine of Christ, hath both the father, and the son.

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Who are you? Reply with quote

Matt 16:13When Jesus came into the coasts of the
city which is called Cesarea Philippi, he
asked his disciples saying: Whom do men
say that I the son of man am? 16:14They
said: Some say that thou art John baptist,
some Helyas, some Jeremias, or one of the
prophets. 16:15He said unto them: But
whom say ye that I am? 16:16Simon Peter
answered, and said: Thou art Christ the
son of the living God. 16:17And Jesus
answered and said to him: Happy art
thou Simon the son of Jonas, for flesh
and blood have not opened unto thee
that, but my father which is in heaven.

1 Jn 4:2Hereby
shall ye know the spirit of God. Every spirit
that confesseth that Jesus Christ having come in
the flesh is from God.
4:6We are of God. He that knoweth God heareth us:
He that is not of God, heareth us not. Hereby know we the spirit of verity, and the spirit of error.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: