DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

love and charity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: wholy Reply with quote

heman wrote:
the mirror reflects your image even obscurely, like a cloud whereas a glass may be transparent and give no reflection at all.

A mirror is limited to a particular function (even private interpretation) whereas a glass gets to the root of it because still can serve either as a mirror or see through.
Code:
2Co 3:18 And now the Lord's glory appeareth in us all, as in a glass: <But we all behold the glory of the Lord with his face open> and we are <weare> changed unto the same similitude, from glory to glory, <|same image, from one clearness to another|> even of the Lord which is a spirit. <even of the spirit of the Lord.>

heman wrote:
You missed the point that we only have a part but when the Whole (Jesus) comes we shall have it all and no longer just a part.

My point was according to the initial post of love and charity
Jesus Christ is come in the flesh and teacheth us in whole how to be perfect

Matthew 5
1When he saw the people he went up into a mountain, and when he was set, his disciples came to him,  2and he opened his mouth, and taught them saying:  3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.  5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.  6Blessed are they which hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall be filled.  7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.  8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.  9Blessed are the maintainers of peace: for they shall be called the children of God.  10Blessed are they which suffer persecution for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  11Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall falsely say all manner of evil sayings against you for my sake.  12Rejoice, and be glad, for great is your reward in heaven. For so persecuted they the prophets which were before your days.  13Ye are the salt of the earth: but and if the salt be once unsavory, what can be salted there with? It is thence forth good for nothing, but to be cast out at the doors, and that men tread it under feet.  14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill, cannot be hid,  15neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick, and it lighteth all them which are in the house.  16See that your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.  17Ye shall not think, that I am come to disannul the law, other the prophets: no I am not come to disannul them, but to fulfil them.  18For truly I say unto you, till heaven and earth perish, one jot, or one tittle of the law shall not scape, till all be fulfilled.  19Whosoever breaketh one of these least commandments, and teacheth men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But whosoever shall observe and teach them, that person shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.  20For I say unto you except your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the scribes and pharisees, ye cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven.  21Ye have heard how it was said unto them of the old time: Thou shalt not kill. Whosoever shall kill, shall be in danger of judgement.  22But I say unto you, whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of judgement. Whosoever shall say unto his brother raca, shall be in danger of a council. But whosoever say unto his brother thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.  23Therefore when thou offerest thy gift at the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath anything against thee:  24leave there thine offering before the altar, and go thy way first and reconcile thyself to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.  25Agree with thine adversary at once, whiles thou art in the way with him, lest thine adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the minister, and then thou be cast into prison.  26 I say unto thee verily: thou shalt not come out thence till thou have paid the utmost farthing.  27Ye have heard how it was said to them of old time, thou shalt not commit advoutry.  28But I say unto you, that whosoever eyeth a wife, lusting after her, hath committed advoutry with her already in his heart.  29Wherefore if thy right eye offend thee, pluck him out, and cast him from thee. Better it is for thee that one of thy members perish than that thy whole body should be cast into hell.  30Also if thy right hand offend thee, cut him off and cast him from thee. Better it is that one of thy members perish, than that all thy body should, be cast in to hell.  31It is said, whosoever put away his wife, let him give her a testimonial of her divorcement.  32But I say unto you: whosoever put away his wife, (except it be for fornication) causeth her to break matrimony. And whosoever marrieth her that is divorced, breaketh wedlock.  33Again ye have heard, how it was said to them of old time, thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform thine oath to God.  34But I say unto you swear not at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's seat:   35nor yet by the earth, for it is his footstool: Neither by Jerusalem, for it is the city of that great King:  36neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one white hair, or black:  37But your communication shall be, yea, yea: nay, nay. For whatsoever is more than that, cometh of evil.  38Ye have heard how it is said, an eye for an eye: a tooth for a tooth.  39But I say to you, that ye withstand not wrong. But if a man give thee a blow on thy right cheek, turn to him the other.  40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take thy coat from thee, let him have thy cloak also.  41And whosoever will compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.  42Give to him that asketh: and from him that would borrow turn not away.  43Ye have heard how it is said: thou shalt love thine neighbor, and hate thine enemy.  44But I say unto you, love your enemies. Bless them that curse you. Do good to them that hate you. Pray for them which do you wrong, and persecute you,  45that ye may be the children of your heavenly father: for he maketh his sun to arise, on the evil, and on the good, and sendeth his rain on the just and unjust.  46For if ye shall love them, which love you: what reward shall ye have? Do not the publicans even so?  47And if ye be friendly to your brethren only: what singular thing do ye? Do not the publicans likewise?  48Ye shall therefore be perfect, even as your heavenly father is perfect.    

Matthew 19:21
Jesus said unto him: if thou wilt be perfect, go and sell ([all]) that thou hast, and give it to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come and follow me:

Luke 6:40
The disciple is not above his master. Every man shall be perfect, even as his master is.

and love one another as he loved us already.
John 15:13-17
13Greater love than this hath no man, than that a man bestow his life for his friends.  14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.  15Henceforth call I you not servants: For the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth. But you have I called friends: For all things that I have heard of my father, I have opened to you.  16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you and ordained you that ye go, and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit remain, that whatsoever ye shall ask of my father in my name he should give it you.  17This command I you, that ye love together.  

Ephesians 5:2
and walk in love even as Christ loved us, and gave himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice of a sweet savour to God.

1 Peter 1:13-16
13Wherefore gird up the loins of your minds, be sober, and trust perfectly on the grace that is brought unto you, in that Jesus Christ is opened,  14as obedient children, not fashioning yourselves unto your old lusts of ignorance:  15But as he which called you is holy, even so be ye holy in all manner of conversation,  16because it is written: Be ye holy, for I am holy.  

So when he comes now in the flesh, justice will be served!
1 Corinthians 4:4-5
4I know nought by myself: yet am I not thereby justified. It is the Lord that judgeth me.  5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, which will lighten things that are hid in darkness: and open the counsels of the hearts. And then shall every man have praise of God.  

Yea Christ quickly comes on high with clouds alright.
Mark 13:24-26
24Moreover in those days after that tribulation, the sun shall wax dark, and the moon shall not give her light,  25and the stars of heaven shall fall; And the powers which are in heaven, shall move.  26And then shall they see the son of man coming in the clouds, with great power and glory.  

Acts 1:9-11
9And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld he was taken up, and a cloud received him up out of their sight.  10And as they fastened their eyes in heaven, as he went, lo two men stood by them in white clothing,  11which also said: ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come, even as ye have seen him go into heaven.  

Revelation 1:7
Behold he cometh with clouds, and all eyes shall see him: and they also which pierced him. And all kindreds of the earth shall wail. ([over him]) Even so amen.

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: wholy Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
heman wrote:
the mirror reflects your image even obscurely, like a cloud whereas a glass may be transparent and give no reflection at all.

Quote:
A mirror is limited to a particular function (even private interpretation) whereas a glass gets to the root of it because still can serve either as a mirror or see through.

The εσοπτρου 2072 A mirror. 1Co 13:12 Js 1:23is understood to be a transparent substance, which the ancients, in the imperfect state of arts, used in their windows; such as thin plates of horn, transparent stone, ill prepared glass like mirrors, through which they saw objects without, but obscurley. - (Bloomfield)
heman wrote:
You missed the point that we only have a part but when the Whole (Jesus) comes we shall have it all and no longer just a part.

JAdmin wrote:
My point was according to the initial post of love and charity
Jesus Christ is come in the flesh and teacheth us in whole how to be perfect
Right on!
Quote:
Matthew 5
1When he saw the people he went up into a mountain, and when he was set, his disciples came to him,  2and he opened his mouth, and taught them saying:  3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.  5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.  6Blessed are they which hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall be filled.  7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.  8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.  9Blessed are the maintainers of peace: for they shall be called the children of God.  10Blessed are they which suffer persecution for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  11Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall falsely say all manner of evil sayings against you for my sake.  12Rejoice, and be glad, for great is your reward in heaven. For so persecuted they the prophets which were before your days.  13Ye are the salt of the earth: but and if the salt be once unsavory, what can be salted there with? It is thence forth good for nothing, but to be cast out at the doors, and that men tread it under feet.  14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill, cannot be hid,  15neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick, and it lighteth all them which are in the house.  16See that your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.  17Ye shall not think, that I am come to disannul the law, other the prophets: no I am not come to disannul them, but to fulfil them.  18For truly I say unto you, till heaven and earth perish, one jot, or one tittle of the law shall not scape, till all be fulfilled.  19Whosoever breaketh one of these least commandments, and teacheth men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But whosoever shall observe and teach them, that person shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.  20For I say unto you except your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the scribes and pharisees, ye cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven.  21Ye have heard how it was said unto them of the old time: Thou shalt not kill. Whosoever shall kill, shall be in danger of judgement.  22But I say unto you, whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of judgement. Whosoever shall say unto his brother raca, shall be in danger of a council. But whosoever say unto his brother thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.  23Therefore when thou offerest thy gift at the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath anything against thee:  24leave there thine offering before the altar, and go thy way first and reconcile thyself to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.  25Agree with thine adversary at once, whiles thou art in the way with him, lest thine adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the minister, and then thou be cast into prison.  26 I say unto thee verily: thou shalt not come out thence till thou have paid the utmost farthing.  27Ye have heard how it was said to them of old time, thou shalt not commit advoutry.  28But I say unto you, that whosoever eyeth a wife, lusting after her, hath committed advoutry with her already in his heart.  29Wherefore if thy right eye offend thee, pluck him out, and cast him from thee. Better it is for thee that one of thy members perish than that thy whole body should be cast into hell.  30Also if thy right hand offend thee, cut him off and cast him from thee. Better it is that one of thy members perish, than that all thy body should, be cast in to hell.  31It is said, whosoever put away his wife, let him give her a testimonial of her divorcement.  32But I say unto you: whosoever put away his wife, (except it be for fornication) causeth her to break matrimony. And whosoever marrieth her that is divorced, breaketh wedlock.  33Again ye have heard, how it was said to them of old time, thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform thine oath to God.  34But I say unto you swear not at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's seat:   35nor yet by the earth, for it is his footstool: Neither by Jerusalem, for it is the city of that great King:  36neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one white hair, or black:  37But your communication shall be, yea, yea: nay, nay. For whatsoever is more than that, cometh of evil.  38Ye have heard how it is said, an eye for an eye: a tooth for a tooth.  39But I say to you, that ye withstand not wrong. But if a man give thee a blow on thy right cheek, turn to him the other.  40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take thy coat from thee, let him have thy cloak also.  41And whosoever will compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.  42Give to him that asketh: and from him that would borrow turn not away.  43Ye have heard how it is said: thou shalt love thine neighbor, and hate thine enemy.  44But I say unto you, love your enemies. Bless them that curse you. Do good to them that hate you. Pray for them which do you wrong, and persecute you,  45that ye may be the children of your heavenly father: for he maketh his sun to arise, on the evil, and on the good, and sendeth his rain on the just and unjust.  46For if ye shall love them, which love you: what reward shall ye have? Do not the publicans even so?  47And if ye be friendly to your brethren only: what singular thing do ye? Do not the publicans likewise?  48Ye shall therefore be perfect, even as your heavenly father is perfect.    
Matt 10:34Think not, that I am come to send peace into the earth. I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Matt 26:51And behold, one of them which were with Jesus,
stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest, andsmote off his ear. 26:52Then said Jesus unto
him: Put up thy sword into his sheath. For all they that lay hands on the sword, shall perish with the sword.
Jn 18:36 Jesus answered: my kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world then would my ministers surely fight, that I should not be delivered to the jews, but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Acts 5:39 but and if it be of God, ye cannot destroy it, lest haply ye be found to fight against God.
Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide aforehand
things honest (not only before God, but also) in the sight of all men. 12:18 If it be possible, yet on your part have peace with all men.
12:19 Dearly beloved avenge not yourselves but give room unto the wrath of God. For it is written: vengeance is mine, and I will
repay saith the Lord.
12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger feed him: if he thirst, give him drink. For in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head:
JAdmin wrote:
Matthew 19:21
Jesus said unto him: if thou wilt be perfect, go and sell ([all]) that thou hast, and give it to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come and follow me:

Luke 6:40
The disciple is not above his master. Every man shall be perfect, even as his master is.

and love one another as he loved us already.
John 15:13-17
13Greater love than this hath no man, than that a man bestow his life for his friends.  14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.  15Henceforth call I you not servants: For the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth. But you have I called friends: For all things that I have heard of my father, I have opened to you.  16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you and ordained you that ye go, and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit remain, that whatsoever ye shall ask of my father in my name he should give it you.  17This command I you, that ye love together.  

Ephesians 5:2
and walk in love even as Christ loved us, and gave himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice of a sweet savour to God.

1 Peter 1:13-16
13Wherefore gird up the loins of your minds, be sober, and trust perfectly on the grace that is brought unto you, in that Jesus Christ is opened,  14as obedient children, not fashioning yourselves unto your old lusts of ignorance:  15But as he which called you is holy, even so be ye holy in all manner of conversation,  16because it is written: Be ye holy, for I am holy.  

So when he comes now in the flesh, justice will be served!
1 Corinthians 4:4-5
4I know nought by myself: yet am I not thereby justified. It is the Lord that judgeth me.  5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, which will lighten things that are hid in darkness: and open the counsels of the hearts. And then shall every man have praise of God.  

Yea Christ quickly comes on high with clouds alright.
Mark 13:24-26
24Moreover in those days after that tribulation, the sun shall wax dark, and the moon shall not give her light,  25and the stars of heaven shall fall; And the powers which are in heaven, shall move.  26And then shall they see the son of man coming in the clouds, with great power and glory.  

Acts 1:9-11
9And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld he was taken up, and a cloud received him up out of their sight.  10And as they fastened their eyes in heaven, as he went, lo two men stood by them in white clothing,  11which also said: ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come, even as ye have seen him go into heaven.  

Revelation 1:7
Behold he cometh with clouds, and all eyes shall see him: and they also which pierced him. And all kindreds of the earth shall wail. ([over him]) Even so amen.
Jn 6:65And he said: Therefore said I
unto you: that no man can come unto me,
except it were given unto him of my father.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: justice Reply with quote

According to the faith, which was once given unto the Saints, it is wholy perceived that God is not partial. (Ac. 10:34, Ro. 2:11, Col. 3:25, Jas. 2:1)
Proverbs 28:21
To have respect of persons in judgement is not good: And why? he will do wrong, yea even for a piece of bread.

Quote:
heman wrote:

heman wrote:
The εσοπτρου 2072 A mirror. 1Co 13:12 Js 1:23is understood to be a transparent substance, which the ancients, in the imperfect state of arts, used in their windows; such as thin plates of horn, transparent stone, ill prepared glass like mirrors, through which they saw objects without, but obscurley. - (Bloomfield)

Proverbs 23:31
Look not thou upon the wine, how red it is, and what a color it giveth in the glass.

The transparency of a mirror versus a glass would seem like a "mystery" especially to an unaware modern reader. Again WT utilized more than the Greek usage in his public translation, as he adverted in his 1534 NT prologue:
Code:
If ought seem changed, or not altogether agreeing with the Greek, let the finder of the fault consider the Hebrew phrase or manner of speech left in the Greek words. Whose preterperfect tense and present tense is oft both one, and the future tense is the optative mode also, and the future tense is oft the imperative mode in the active voice, and in the passive ever. Likewise person for person, number for number, and an interrogation for a conditional, and such like is with the Hebrews a common usage.

And taking into account how that the drunken religious system condemned WT as a heretic, degraded him from the priesthood, and delivered to the secular authorities for punishment under the laws of the Inquisition..
it is no mystery why Tyndale said in his Scripture translation prologues:
Code:
   Under what manner therefore should I now submit this book to be corrected and amended of them which can suffer nothing to be well? Or what protestation should I make in such a matter unto our prelates those stubborn Nimrods which so mightily fight against God, and resist his holy spirit, enforcing with all craft and subtlety to quench the light of the everlasting testament, promises, and appointment made between God and us: and heaping the fierce wrath of God upon all princes and rulers, mocking them with false feigned names of hypocrisy, and serving their lusts at all points, and dispensing with them even of the very laws of God, of which Christ himself testifieth, Matt. v.{5} that not so much as one tittle thereof may perish, or be broken. And of which the prophet saith, Psalm cxviij.{118} Thou hast commanded thy laws to be kept meod, that is in Hebrew exceedingly, with all diligence, might and power and have made them so mad with their juggling charms and crafty persuasions that they think it a full satisfaction for all their wicked lying, to torment such as tell them truth, and to burn the word of their souls' health, and slay whosoever believe thereon.
Code:
When I had translated the new testament, I added a pistel unto the latter end, in which I desired them that were learned to amend if ought were found amiss. But our malicious and wily hypocrites which are so stubborn and hard hearted in their wicked abominations that it is not possible for them to amend any thing at all (as we see by daily experience, when both their livings and doings are rebuked with the truth) say, some of them that it is impossible to translate the scripture into English, some that it is not lawful for the lay people to have it in their mother tongue, some, that it would make them all heretics, as it would no doubt from many things which they of long time have falsely taught, and that is the whole cause wherefore they forbid it, though they other cloaks pretend. And some or rather every one, say that it would make them rise against the king, whom they themselves (unto their damnation) never yet obeyed. And lest the temporal rulers should see their falsehood, if the scripture came to light, causeth them so to lie. And as for my translation in which they affirm unto the lay people (as I have heard say) to be I wot not how many thousand heresies, so that it cannot be mended or correct, they have yet taken so great pain to examine it, and to compare it unto that they would fain have it and to their own imaginations and juggling terms, and to have somewhat to rail at, and under that cloak to blaspheme the truth, that they might with as little labour (as I suppose) have translated the most part of the bible. For they which in times past were wont to look on no more scripture than they found in their Duns or such like devilish doctrine, have yet now so narrowly looked on my translation, that there is not so much as one i therein if it lack a tittle over his head, but they have noted it, and number it unto the ignorant people for an heresy. Finally in this they be all agreed, to drive you from the knowledge of the scripture, and that ye shall not have the text thereof in the mother tongue, and to keep the world still in darkness, to the intent they might sit in the consciences of the people, thorow vain superstition and false doctrine, to satisfy their filthy lusts, their proud ambition, and unsatiable covetousness, and to exalt their own honour above king and emperor, yea and above God himself.

heman wrote:
12:19 Dearly beloved avenge not yourselves but give room unto the wrath of God. For it is written: vengeance is mine, and I will repay saith the Lord.
Ro 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger feed him: if he thirst, give him drink. For in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head:

That's the bold irony of it because now speaking of the manner of justice, meat and drink pertains to more than a physical matter.
The part I would also bold would be Give room to the wrath of God, as WT declared: "wrath is there taken for vengeance. And the meaning is: let God avenge, either by himself or by the officers that bear his room."
Howbeit, in this world seems there are some betraying officers; otherwise they would not of murdered William Tyndale, and unjustly killed many other martyrs who have faithfully passed God's verity from generation to generation, yea even starting with Christ the Lord:
1 Corinthians 2:8-9
8which wisdom none of the rulers of the world knew. For had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory:  9but as it is written: The eye hath not seen, and the ear hath not heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  

Notwithstanding, i perceive that the sovereign God in his providence alloweth it for a terrible lesson to be learned, as redemption draweth nigh:
James 5:11
Behold we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have known what end the Lord made. For the Lord is very pitiful, and merciful.

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 Now is Christ risen from death, and is become the first fruits of them that slept.  21For by a man came death, and by a man came resurrection of death.   22For as by Adam all die: even so by Christ, shall all be made alive,  23and every man in his own order: The first is Christ, then they that are Christ's at his coming.  24Then cometh the end, when he hath delivered up the kingdom to God the father, when he hath put down all rule, authority, and power.  25For he must rule till he have put all his enemies under his feet.  26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest, that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  28When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.  

Revelation 13:10
He that leadeth into captivity, shall go into captivity: he that killeth with a sword, must be killed with a sword. Here is the patience, and the faith of the saints.
Code:
Re 14:12 Here is the patience of saints. Here are they that keep the commandments and the faith of Jesu. <fayght of Iesu>

heman wrote:

Said therefore how?:

John 6:56-64
56He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me and I in him.  57As my living father hath sent me, even so live I by my father: and he that eateth me, shall live by me.  58This is the bread which came from heaven: not as your fathers have eaten manna and are dead. He that eateth of this bread, shall live ever.  59These things said he in the synagogue as he taught in Capernaum.  60Many of his disciples, when they had heard this, said: this is an hard saying; Who can abide the hearing of it?  61Jesus knew in himself, that his disciples murmured at it, and said unto them: Doth this offend you?  62what and if ye shall see the son of man ascend up where he was before?  63It is the spirit that quickeneth, the flesh profiteth nothing. The words that I speak unto you are spirit and life.  64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning, which they were that believed not. And who should betray him.  

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are they which hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: justice Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
According to the faith, which was once given unto the Saints, it is wholy perceived that God is not partial. (Ac. 10:34, Ro. 2:11, Col. 3:25, Jas. 2:1)
Proverbs 28:21
To have respect of persons in judgement is not good: And why? he will do wrong, yea even for a piece of bread.
True God, is no respector of persons!
προσωποληγια 4382 Partiality, respector of persons, two-faced,
discrimination. Eph 6:9
Quote:
heman wrote:

heman wrote:
The εσοπτρου 2072 A mirror. 1Co 13:12 Js 1:23 is understood to be a transparent substance, which the ancients, in the imperfect state of arts, used in their windows; such as thin plates of horn, transparent stone, ill prepared glass like mirrors, through which they saw objects without, but obscurley. - (Bloomfield)

is understood to be a transparent substance
Quote:
Proverbs 23:31
Look not thou upon the wine, how red it is, and what a color it giveth in the glass.

The transparency of a mirror versus a glass would seem like a "mystery" especially to an unaware modern reader.

Not as hard as trying to see through a cup!
Pr 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. 03563 owk kowc koce AV-cup 31 n f 1) cup
In the Hebrew Bible, the scribes did not alter any text they felt had been copied incorrectly. Rather they noted in the margin what they thought the written text should be. The written variation is called a kethiv and the marginal note is called the qere. Where the translators of the Authorised Version followed the qere reading rather than the kethiv, we indicate the kethiv reading by the number 08675.
Quote:
Again WT used more than the Greek usage in his public translation, as he adverted in his 1534 NT prologue:
Code:
If ought seem changed, or not altogether agreeing with the Greek, let the finder of the fault consider the Hebrew phrase or manner of speech left in the Greek words. Whose preterperfect tense and present tense is oft both one, and the future tense is the optative mode also, and the future tense is oft the imperative mode in the active voice, and in the passive ever. Likewise person for person, number for number, and an interrogation for a conditional, and such like is with the Hebrews a common usage.

And taking into account how that the drunken religious system condemned WT as a heretic, degraded him from the priesthood, and delivered to the secular authorities for punishment under the laws of the Inquisition..
it is no mystery why Tyndale said in his Scripture translation prologues:
Code:
   Under what manner therefore should I now submit this book to be corrected and amended of them which can suffer nothing to be well? Or what protestation should I make in such a matter unto our prelates those stubborn Nimrods which so mightily fight against God, and resist his holy spirit, enforcing with all craft and subtlety to quench the light of the everlasting testament, promises, and appointment made between God and us: and heaping the fierce wrath of God upon all princes and rulers, mocking them with false feigned names of hypocrisy, and serving their lusts at all points, and dispensing with them even of the very laws of God, of which Christ himself testifieth, Matt. v.{5} that not so much as one tittle thereof may perish, or be broken. And of which the prophet saith, Psalm cxviij.{118} Thou hast commanded thy laws to be kept meod, that is in Hebrew exceedingly, with all diligence, might and power and have made them so mad with their juggling charms and crafty persuasions that they think it a full satisfaction for all their wicked lying, to torment such as tell them truth, and to burn the word of their souls' health, and slay whosoever believe thereon.
Code:
When I had translated the new testament, I added a pistel unto the latter end, in which I desired them that were learned to amend if ought were found amiss. But our malicious and wily hypocrites which are so stubborn and hard hearted in their wicked abominations that it is not possible for them to amend any thing at all (as we see by daily experience, when both their livings and doings are rebuked with the truth) say, some of them that it is impossible to translate the scripture into English, some that it is not lawful for the lay people to have it in their mother tongue, some, that it would make them all heretics, as it would no doubt from many things which they of long time have falsely taught, and that is the whole cause wherefore they forbid it, though they other cloaks pretend. And some or rather every one, say that it would make them rise against the king, whom they themselves (unto their damnation) never yet obeyed. And lest the temporal rulers should see their falsehood, if the scripture came to light, causeth them so to lie. And as for my translation in which they affirm unto the lay people (as I have heard say) to be I wot not how many thousand heresies, so that it cannot be mended or correct, they have yet taken so great pain to examine it, and to compare it unto that they would fain have it and to their own imaginations and juggling terms, and to have somewhat to rail at, and under that cloak to blaspheme the truth, that they might with as little labour (as I suppose) have translated the most part of the bible. For they which in times past were wont to look on no more scripture than they found in their Duns or such like devilish doctrine, have yet now so narrowly looked on my translation, that there is not so much as one i therein if it lack a tittle over his head, but they have noted it, and number it unto the ignorant people for an heresy. Finally in this they be all agreed, to drive you from the knowledge of the scripture, and that ye shall not have the text thereof in the mother tongue, and to keep the world still in darkness, to the intent they might sit in the consciences of the people, thorow vain superstition and false doctrine, to satisfy their filthy lusts, their proud ambition, and unsatiable covetousness, and to exalt their own honour above king and emperor, yea and above God himself.

He did a wonderous job even without the Codex Vaticanus (B),and( Codex Sinaiticus ). Mr 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
heman wrote:
12:19 Dearly beloved avenge not yourselves but give room unto the wrath of God. For it is written: vengeance is mine, and I will repay saith the Lord.
Ro 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger feed him: if he thirst, give him drink. For in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head:

Quote:
That's the bold irony of it because now speaking of the manner of justice, meat and drink pertains to more than a physical matter.
The part I would also bold would be Give room to the wrath of God, as WT declared: "wrath is there taken for vengeance. And the meaning is: let God avenge, either by himself or by the officers that bear his room."
Howbeit, in this world seems there are some betraying officers; otherwise they would not of murdered William Tyndale, and unjustly killed many other martyrs who have faithfully passed God's verity from generation to generation, yea even starting with Christ the Lord:
1 Corinthians 2:8-9
8which wisdom none of the rulers of the world knew. For had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory:  9but as it is written: The eye hath not seen, and the ear hath not heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  

Notwithstanding, i perceive that the sovereign God in his providence alloweth it for a terrible lesson to be learned, as redemption draweth nigh:
James 5:11
Behold we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have known what end the Lord made. For the Lord is very pitiful, and merciful.

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 Now is Christ risen from death, and is become the first fruits of them that slept.  21For by a man came death, and by a man came resurrection of death.   22For as by Adam all die: even so by Christ, shall all be made alive,  23and every man in his own order: The first is Christ, then they that are Christ's at his coming.  24Then cometh the end, when he hath delivered up the kingdom to God the father, when he hath put down all rule, authority, and power.  25For he must rule till he have put all his enemies under his feet.  26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest, that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  28When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.  

Revelation 13:10
He that leadeth into captivity, shall go into captivity: he that killeth with a sword, must be killed with a sword. Here is the patience, and the faith of the saints.
Code:
Re 14:12 Here is the patience of saints. Here are they that keep the commandments and the faith of Jesu. <fayght of Iesu>

Re 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
heman wrote:

Quote:
Said therefore how?:
John 6:56-64
56He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me and I in him.  57As my living father hath sent me, even so live I by my father: and he that eateth me, shall live by me.  58This is the bread which came from heaven: not as your fathers have eaten manna and are dead. He that eateth of this bread, shall live ever.  59These things said he in the synagogue as he taught in Capernaum.  60Many of his disciples, when they had heard this, said: this is an hard saying; Who can abide the hearing of it?  61Jesus knew in himself, that his disciples murmured at it, and said unto them: Doth this offend you?  62what and if ye shall see the son of man ascend up where he was before?  63It is the spirit that quickeneth, the flesh profiteth nothing. The words that I speak unto you are spirit and life.  64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning, which they were that believed not. And who should betray him.  

Blessed are they which hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Let's nip it in the Bud!
Heb 9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron?s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
Nu 17:8 And it came to pass, that on the morrow Moses went into the tabernacle of witness; and, behold, the rod of Aaron for the house of Levi was budded, and brought forth buds, and bloomed blossoms, and yielded almonds.
Ps 132:17 There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed.
Re 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: the wholy tabernacle Reply with quote

2 Peter 1:19-21
19We have also a more sure word of prophecy, whereunto if ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, ye do well, until the day dawn and the day star arise in your hearts.  20So that ye first know this, that no prophecy in the scripture hath any private interpretation.  21For the scripture came never by the will of man: but wholy men of God spake as they were moved by the wholy ghost.  

Quote:
JAdmin wrote:
The εσοπτρου 2072 A mirror. 1Co 13:12 Js 1:23 is understood to be a transparent substance,

JAdmin wrote:
Proverbs 23:26-35
26My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes have pleasure in my ways.  27For an whore is a deep grave, and an harlot is a narrow pit.  28She lurketh like a thief, and those that be not aware she bringeth unto her.  29Where is woe? where is sorrow? where is strife? where is brawling? where are wounds without cause? where be reed eyes?  30Even among those that be ever at the wine, and seek out where the best is.  31Look not thou upon the wine, how red it is, and what a color it giveth in the glass.  32It goeth down softly, but at the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth as an adder.  33So shall thine eyes look unto strange women, and thine heart shall muse upon froward things.  34Yea thou shalt be as though thou slept in the middest of the sea, or on the top of the mast.  35They wounded me (shalt thou say) but it hath not hurt me, they smote me, but I felt it not. When I am well awakened, I will go to the drink again.  

The transparency of a mirror versus a glass would seem like a "mystery" especially to an unaware modern reader.

Heman wrote:
Pr 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. 03563 owk kowc koce AV-cup 31 n f 1) cup
In the Hebrew Bible, the scribes did not alter any text they felt had been copied incorrectly. Rather they noted in the margin what they thought the written text should be. The written variation is called a kethiv and the marginal note is called the qere. Where the translators of the Authorised Version followed the qere reading rather than the kethiv, we indicate the kethiv reading by the number 08675.

You can also be aware of the original derived strongs definitions:
Code:
Word: כוס
Pronounc: koce
Strong:  H3563
Greek: G4221, G5357
Transliter: kowc
 from an unused root meaning to hold together; a cup (as a  container), often figuratively, a lot (as if a potion); also  some unclean bird, probably an owl (perhaps from the cup-like  cavity of its eye):--cup, (small) owl. Compare 3599.

Greek Strong:  G4221
Pronounc: pot-ay'-ree-on
Transliter: poterion
 neuter of a derivative of the alternate of 4095; a drinking-vessel; by  extension, the contents thereof, i.e. a cupful (draught);  figuratively, a lot or fate:--cup.

Greek Strong:  G5357
Pronounc: fee-al'-ay
Transliter: phiale
 of uncertain affinity; a broad shallow cup ("phial"):--vial.

Word:  כיס
Pronounc: keece
Strong:  H3599
Greek: G905
Transliter: kiyc
 a form for 3563; a cup; also a bag for money or  weights:--bag, cup, purse.

Greek Strong:  G905
Pronounc: bal-an'-tee-on
Transliter: balantion
 probably remotely from 906 (as a depository); a pouch (for  money):--bag, purse

Greek Strong:  G906
Pronounc: bal'-lo
Transliter: ballo
 a primary verb; to throw (in various applications, more or less  violent or intense):--arise, cast (out), X dung, lay, lie, pour, put  (up), send, strike, throw (down), thrust. Compare 4496.

Greek Strong:  G4496
Pronounc: hrip'-to
Transliter: rhipto
 a primary verb (perhaps rather akin to the base of 4474, through the  idea of sudden motion); to fling (properly, with a quick toss, thus  differing from 906, which denotes a deliberate hurl; and from teino  (see in 1614), which indicates an extended projection); by  qualification, to deposit (as if a load); by extension, to  disperse:--cast (down, out), scatter abroad, throw.

Notwithstanding, i thought we were discussing spiritual things revealed by the spirit of God that isn't limited to men's understanding. (Pr. 3:5, Isa. chap. 55.)
btw. Proverbs 23:31 was quoted with a somewhat sense of humor.. howbeit it's turning into something very serious.
According to the passage the glass taken for a cup in this instance is likely either transparent or reflective.. but i wouldn't look at how the red color is seen, and rather will just take the word for it's dire possibilities. (Ro 14:23, Heb. 11:6)

Quote:
JAdmin wrote:
Again WT used more than the Greek usage in his public translation..

heman wrote:
He did a wonderous job even without the Codex Vaticanus (B),and( Codex Sinaiticus ). Mr 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

1 Corinthians 2:9-13
9but as it is written: The eye hath not seen, and the ear hath not heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  10But God hath opened them unto us by his spirit. For the spirit searcheth all things, yea the bottom of God's secrets.  11For what man knoweth the things of a man: save the spirit of a man which is within him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the spirit of God.  12And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God,  13which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things.   

Luke 6:43-49
43It is not a good tree that bringeth forth evil fruit: Neither is that an evil tree, that bringeth forth good fruit.  44For every tree is known by his fruit. Neither of thorns gather men figs, nor of bushes gather they grapes.  45A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good. And the evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart, bringeth forth that which is evil. For of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.  46Why call ye me Master, Master: and do not as I bid you?  47whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doth the same, I will shew you to whom he is like.  48He is like a man which built an house: which digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock. When the waters arose, the flood beat upon that house, and could not move it. For it was grounded upon a rock.  49But he that heareth and doth not, is like a man, that without foundation built an house upon the earth, against which, the flood beat: and it fell by and by. And the fall of that house was great.  

1 Corinthians 3:11-15
11For other foundation can no man lay, than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  12If any man build on this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, timber, hay, or stubble:  13every man's work shall appear. For the day shall declare it, and it shall be shewed in fire, and the fire shall try every man's work what it is.  14If any man's work that he hath built upon, bide, he shall receive a reward.  15If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he shall be safe himself: nevertheless yet as it were thorow fire.  

Quote:
Re 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Ironic today I had posted a new topic of related quotations called: Winepress, The

Code:
Isa 16:14 But now the LORD sayeth thus: In three years shall the power of Moab with their pomp <|pope|> (which is great) be minished, like as the burthen of a hired servant. And as for the remnant of them, they shall be less than a few, and not reckoned much worth.

Isaiah 63:1-19
1What is he this, that cometh from Edom, with stained red clothes of Bosra: (which is so costly cloth) and cometh in so nimbly with all his strength: I am he that teacheth righteousness, and am of power to help.  2Wherefore then is thy clothing red, and thy raiment like his that treadeth in the winepress?  3I have trodden the press myself alone, and of all people, there was not one with me. Thus have I trodden down mine enemies in my wrath, and set my feet upon them in my indignation: And their blood sprang upon my clothes, and so have I stained all my raiment.  4For that day of vengeance that I have taken in hand, and the year of my deliverance is come.  5I looked about me, and there was no man to shew me any help, I fell down, and no man held me up. Then I held me by mine own arm, and my ferventness sustained me:  6and thus have I trodden down the people in my wrath, and bathed them in my displeasure: In so much that I have shed their blood upon the earth.  7I will declare the goodness of the LORD, yea and the praise of the LORD for all that he hath given us, for the great good that he hath done for Israel: which he hath given them of his own favour, and according to the multitude of his loving kindnesses.  8For he said: These no doubt will be my people, and no shrinking children, and so he was their Saviour.  9In their troubles he forsook them not, but the angel that went forth from his presence delivered them: Of very love and kindness that he had unto them, redeemed he them: He hath born them, and carried them up even, since the world began.  10But after they provoked him to wrath and vexed his holy mind, he was their enemy, and fought against them himself.  11Yet remembered he the old time of Moses and his people: How he brought them from the water of the sea, as a shepherd doth with his sheep: how he had given his holy spirit among them:  12how he had led Moses by the right hand with his glorious arm: how he had divided the water before them (whereby he gat himself an everlasting name)  13how he led them in the deep, as an horse is led in the plain, that they should not stumble.  14The spirit of the LORD led them as a tame beast goeth in the field. Thus (O God) hast thou led thy people, to make thyself a glorious name withal.  15Look down then from heaven, and behold the dwelling place of thy Sanctuary and thy glory. How is it, that thy jealousy, thy strength, the multitude of thy mercies and thy loving-kindness, will not be entreated of us.   16Yet art thou our father: For Abraham knoweth us not, neither is Israel acquainted with us. But thou LORD art our father and redeemer, and thy name is everlasting.  17O LORD wherefore hast thou led us out of thy way? Wherefore hast thou hardened our hearts, that we fear thee not? Be at one with us again, for thy servants' sake that are of the generation of thine heritage.  18Thy people hath had but little of thy Sanctuary in possession, for our enemies have taken it in:  19And we are become even as we were from the beginning: but thou art not their Lord, for they have not called upon thy name.  

Hebrews 9:1-28
1That first tabernacle verily had justifyings, and servings of God, and worldly holiness.  2For that first tabernacle was made, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shew bread, which is called wholy.  3Within the second veil was the tabernacle, which is called holiest of all,  4which had the golden censer, and the ark of the testament overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot with Manna, and Aaron's rod that sprung, and the tables of the testament.  5Over the ark were the cherubims of glory shadowing the seat of grace. Of which things, we will not now speak particularly.  6When these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle and executed the service of God:  7 Into the second went the high priest alone, once every year: but not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the ignorance of the people:  8 The holy ghost this signifying, that the way of holy things was not yet opened, while as yet the first tabernacle was standing,  9which was a similitude of this present time, in which gifts and sacrifices are offered, which can not make them that minister perfect, as pertaining to the conscience,  10with meats only and drinks, and divers washings, and justifyings of the flesh, which were ordained until the time of reformation.  11But Christ being an high priest of good things to come, came by a greater, and a more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands: that is to say, not of this manner building,  12neither by the blood of goats, and calves: but by his own blood, he entered once for all into the wholy place, and found eternal redemption.  13For if the blood of oxen, and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer, when it was sprinkled, purified the unclean, as touching the purifying of the flesh:  14How much more shall the blood of Christ (which thorow the eternal spirit, offered himself without spot to God) purge our consciences from dead works, for to serve the living God?  15And for this cause is he the mediator of the new testament, that as sone (as his death was fulfilled for the redemption of those transgressions that were in the first testament) they which were called, might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.  16For wheresoever is a testament, there must also be the death of him that maketh the testament.  17For the testament taketh authority when men are dead: For it is of no value as long as he that made it is alive.  18For which cause also, neither that first testament was ordained without blood.  19For when all the commandments were read of Moses unto all the people, he took the blood of calves, and of goats, with water and purple wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,  20saying this is the blood of the testament, which God hath appointed unto you.  21Moreover, he sprinkled the tabernacle with blood also, and all the ministering vessels.   22And almost all things, according to the law, are cleansed with blood, and without effusion of blood, is no remission.  23It is then need that the similitudes of heavenly things, be purified with such things: but the heavenly things themselves are purified with better sacrifices than are these.  24For Christ is not entered into the holy places, that are made with hands, which are but similitudes of true things: but is entered into very heaven, for to appear now in the sight of God for us.  25Not to offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with strange blood:  26for then must he have often suffered since the world began: But now in the end of the world, hath he appeared once for all, to put sin to flight, by the offering up of himself.  27And as it is appointed unto men that they shall once die, and then cometh the judgment,  28even so Christ was once offered to take away the sins of many, and unto them that look for him, shall he appear again, without sin unto their health.   

Revelation 3:14-22
14And unto the angel of the congregation which is in Laodicia write: This saith (amen) the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creatures of God.  15I know thy works that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou were cold or hot.  16So then because thou art between both, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth:  17because thou sayst thou art rich and increased with goods, and hast need of nothing, and knowest not how thou art wretched and miserable, poor, blind, and naked.  18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayst be rich: and white raiment, that thou mayst be clothed, that thy filthy nakedness do not appear: and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayst see.  19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Be fervent therefore and repent.  20Behold I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in unto him and will sup with him, and he with me.  21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my seat, even as I overcame and have sitten with my father, in his seat.  22Let him that hath ears, hear what the spirit saith unto the congregations.  

Last edited by JAdmin on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:39 am; edited 6 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: the wholy tabernacle Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
19We have also a more sure word of prophecy, whereunto if ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, ye do well, until the day dawn and the day star arise in your hearts.  20So that ye first know this, that no prophecy in the scripture hath any private interpretation.  21For the scripture came never by the will of man: but wholy men of God spake as they were moved by the wholy ghost.  

Yes, they spoke in the language of that day and it is up to us to determine the meaning of those words by translating the proper original meanings as they were intended to be relayed to us.

2 Pet 1:19-21 We have also a more firm word of prophecy, Which if ye take heed, as to a lamp that shining in a dim (850) place ye do well, until the day dawn and may arise in your hearts bringing light, 20 So that ye first know this, that all prophecy in the scripture is not of it?s own to understand (επιγινσεως 1921) 21 For the scripture was never brought by the will of man: but men spoke as they were moved by the holy spirit of God.
Quote:
JAdmin wrote:

heman wrote:

JAdmin wrote:
Quote:
9but as it is written: The eye hath not seen, and the ear hath not heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  10But God hath opened them unto us by his spirit. For the spirit searcheth all things, yea the bottom of God's secrets.  11For what man knoweth the things of a man: save the spirit of a man which is within him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the spirit of God.  12And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God,  13which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things.   
But better understood in this light!
1 Cor 2:9-13 9 but as it is written: The eye hath not seen, and the ear hath not heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them to usthrough his spirit. For the spirit searcheth all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who knoweth the things of men: save the spirit of man that is in him? So also the things of God knoweth no one, if not the spirit of God. 12 And we have not received the spirit of the world: but that spirit from God, that we may know the things that are graciously given to us by God, 13 of which things we speak, not by teachings of human wisdom in words, but by spiritual teachings to spiritual ones explaining spiritual things
JAdmin wrote:
Quote:
43It is not a good tree that bringeth forth evil fruit: Neither is that an evil tree, that bringeth forth good fruit.  44For every tree is known by his fruit. Neither of thorns gather men figs, nor of bushes gather they grapes.  45A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good. And the evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart, bringeth forth that which is evil. For of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.  46Why call ye me Master, Master: and do not as I bid you?  47whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doth the same, I will shew you to whom he is like.  48He is like a man which built an house: which digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock. When the waters arose, the flood beat upon that house, and could not move it. For it was grounded upon a rock.  49But he that heareth and doth not, is like a man, that without foundation built an house upon the earth, against which, the flood beat: and it fell by and by. And the fall of that house was great.  

11For other foundation can no man lay, than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  12If any man build on this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, timber, hay, or stubble:  13every man's work shall appear. For the day shall declare it, and it shall be shewed in fire, and the fire shall try every man's work what it is.  14If any man's work that he hath built upon, bide, he shall receive a reward.  15If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he shall be safe himself: nevertheless yet as it were thorow fire.  
3:10According to the favor of God given unto me, as a wise architect have I laid the foundation, another hath built thereon: but let every man see how he buildeth upon.
Quote:

JAdmin wrote:
Ironic today I had posted a new topic of related quotations called: Winepress, The
Code:
Isa 16:14 But now the LORD sayeth thus: In three years shall the power of Moab with their pomp <|pope|> (which is great) be minished, like as the burthen of a hired servant. And as for the remnant of them, they shall be less than a few, and not reckoned much worth.

1What is he this, that cometh from Edom, with stained red clothes of Bosra: (which is so costly cloth) and cometh in so nimbly with all his strength: I am he that teacheth righteousness, and am of power to help.  2Wherefore then is thy clothing red, and thy raiment like his that treadeth in the winepress?  3I have trodden the press myself alone, and of all people, there was not one with me. Thus have I trodden down mine enemies in my wrath, and set my feet upon them in my indignation: And their blood sprang upon my clothes, and so have I stained all my raiment.  4For that day of vengeance that I have taken in hand, and the year of my deliverance is come.  5I looked about me, and there was no man to shew me any help, I fell down, and no man held me up. Then I held me by mine own arm, and my ferventness sustained me:  6and thus have I trodden down the people in my wrath, and bathed them in my displeasure: In so much that I have shed their blood upon the earth.  7I will declare the goodness of the LORD, yea and the praise of the LORD for all that he hath given us, for the great good that he hath done for Israel: which he hath given them of his own favour, and according to the multitude of his loving kindnesses.  8For he said: These no doubt will be my people, and no shrinking children, and so he was their Saviour.  9In their troubles he forsook them not, but the angel that went forth from his presence delivered them: Of very love and kindness that he had unto them, redeemed he them: He hath born them, and carried them up even, since the world began.  10But after they provoked him to wrath and vexed his holy mind, he was their enemy, and fought against them himself.  11Yet remembered he the old time of Moses and his people: How he brought them from the water of the sea, as a shepherd doth with his sheep: how he had given his holy spirit among them:  12how he had led Moses by the right hand with his glorious arm: how he had divided the water before them (whereby he gat himself an everlasting name)  13how he led them in the deep, as an horse is led in the plain, that they should not stumble.  14The spirit of the LORD led them as a tame beast goeth in the field. Thus (O God) hast thou led thy people, to make thyself a glorious name withal.  15Look down then from heaven, and behold the dwelling place of thy Sanctuary and thy glory. How is it, that thy jealousy, thy strength, the multitude of thy mercies and thy loving-kindness, will not be entreated of us.   16Yet art thou our father: For Abraham knoweth us not, neither is Israel acquainted with us. But thou LORD art our father and redeemer, and thy name is everlasting.  17O LORD wherefore hast thou led us out of thy way? Wherefore hast thou hardened our hearts, that we fear thee not? Be at one with us again, for thy servants' sake that are of the generation of thine heritage.  18Thy people hath had but little of thy Sanctuary in possession, for our enemies have taken it in:  19And we are become even as we were from the beginning: but thou art not their Lord, for they have not called upon thy name.  

Ecc 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
JAdmin wrote:
1That first tabernacle verily had justifyings, and servings of God, and worldly holiness.  2For that first tabernacle was made, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shew bread, which is called wholy.  3Within the second veil was the tabernacle, which is called holiest of all,  4which had the golden censer, and the ark of the testament overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot with Manna, and Aaron's rod that sprung, and the tables of the testament.  5Over the ark were the cherubims of glory shadowing the seat of grace. Of which things, we will not now speak particularly.  6When these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle and executed the service of God:  7 Into the second went the high priest alone, once every year: but not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the ignorance of the people:  8 The holy ghost this signifying, that the way of holy things was not yet opened, while as yet the first tabernacle was standing,  9which was a similitude of this present time, in which gifts and sacrifices are offered, which can not make them that minister perfect, as pertaining to the conscience,  10with meats only and drinks, and divers washings, and justifyings of the flesh, which were ordained until the time of reformation.  11But Christ being an high priest of good things to come, came by a greater, and a more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands: that is to say, not of this manner building,  12neither by the blood of goats, and calves: but by his own blood, he entered once for all into the wholy place, and found eternal redemption.  13For if the blood of oxen, and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer, when it was sprinkled, purified the unclean, as touching the purifying of the flesh:  14How much more shall the blood of Christ (which thorow the eternal spirit, offered himself without spot to God) purge our consciences from dead works, for to serve the living God?  15And for this cause is he the mediator of the new testament, that as sone (as his death was fulfilled for the redemption of those transgressions that were in the first testament) they which were called, might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.  16For wheresoever is a testament, there must also be the death of him that maketh the testament.  17For the testament taketh authority when men are dead: For it is of no value as long as he that made it is alive.  18For which cause also, neither that first testament was ordained without blood.  19For when all the commandments were read of Moses unto all the people, he took the blood of calves, and of goats, with water and purple wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,  20saying this is the blood of the testament, which God hath appointed unto you.  21Moreover, he sprinkled the tabernacle with blood also, and all the ministering vessels.   22And almost all things, according to the law, are cleansed with blood, and without effusion of blood, is no remission.  23It is then need that the similitudes of heavenly things, be purified with such things: but the heavenly things themselves are purified with better sacrifices than are these.  24For Christ is not entered into the holy places, that are made with hands, which are but similitudes of true things: but is entered into very heaven, for to appear now in the sight of God for us.  25Not to offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with strange blood:  26for then must he have often suffered since the world began: But now in the end of the world, hath he appeared once for all, to put sin to flight, by the offering up of himself.  27And as it is appointed unto men that they shall once die, and then cometh the judgment,  28even so Christ was once offered to take away the sins of many, and unto them that look for him, shall he appear again, without sin unto their health.   

Heb 9:2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.
1Sa 21:6 So the priest gave him hallowed bread: for there was no bread there but the shewbread, that was taken from before the LORD, to put hot bread in the day when it was taken away.
JAdmin wrote:
Quote:
14And unto the angel of the congregation which is in Laodicia write: This saith (amen) the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creatures of God.  15I know thy works that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou were cold or hot.  16So then because thou art between both, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth:  17because thou sayst thou art rich and increased with goods, and hast need of nothing, and knowest not how thou art wretched and miserable, poor, blind, and naked.  18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayst be rich: and white raiment, that thou mayst be clothed, that thy filthy nakedness do not appear: and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayst see.  19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Be fervent therefore and repent.  20Behold I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in unto him and will sup with him, and he with me.  21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my seat, even as I overcame and have sitten with my father, in his seat.  22Let him that hath ears, hear what the spirit saith unto the congregations.  

Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 13:14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Winepress Reply with quote

Matt 20:1 ? For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.
5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.
6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?
7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.
10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: take heed Reply with quote

Mark 2:25-26
25And he said to them: have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungered both he and they that were with him?  26How they went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the hallowed loaves, which is not lawful but for the priests only to eat: and gave also to them which were with him?  

heman wrote:
Quote:
3:10According to the favor of God given unto me, as a wise architect have I laid the foundation, another hath built thereon: but let every man see how he buildeth upon.

1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God given unto me, as a wise builder have I laid the foundation, And another hath built thereon: but let every man take heed how he buildeth upon.

Exodus 33:19
And he said: I will make all my good go before thee, and I will be called in this name Jehovah before thee, and will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy, and will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
Code:
Ro 9:16 So lieth it not then in a man's will, or running, <cunning> but in the mercy of God.

Matthew 18:21-35
21Then came Peter to him, and said: Master, how oft shall my brother trespass against me, and I shall forgive him? shall I forgive him seven times?  22Jesus said unto him: I say not unto thee seven times: but seventy times seven times.  23Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain King, which would take accounts of his servants,  24and when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which ought him ten thousand talents:  25but when he had nought to pay, the lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and his children: and all that he had, and payment to be made.  26The servant fell down and besought him saying: Sir, give me respite, and I will pay it every whit.  27Then had the lord pity on that servant, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.  28The same servant went out and found one of his fellows, which ought him an hundred pence. And laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying: pay that thou owest.  29And his fellow fell down, and besought him, saying: have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.  30And he would not, but went and cast him in to prison, till he should pay the debt.  31When his other fellows saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that had happened.  32Then the lord called him, and said unto him. O evil servant, I forgave thee all that debt, be cause thou praydest me:  33Was it not mete also, that thou shouldest have had compassion on thy fellow, even as I had pity on thee?  34And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the jailers, till he should pay all that was due to him.  35So like wise shall your heavenly father do unto you, if ye will not forgive with your hearts, each one to his brother their trespasses.  

James 2:13
For there shall be judgement merciless to him that sheweth no mercy, and mercy rejoiceth against judgement:

Luke 10:25-37
25And mark; A certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him saying: Master what shall I do, to inherit eternal life?  26He said unto him: What is written in the law? How readest thou?  27And he answered and said: Thou shalt love thy Lord God, with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind: and thy neighbor as thyself.  28And he said unto him: Thou hast answered right. This do and thou shalt live.  29He willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus: Who is then my neighbor?  30Jesus answered and said: A certain man descended from Jerusalem into Jericho; And fell into the hands of thieves, which robbed him of his raiment and wounded him, and departed leaving him half dead.  31And it chanced that there came a certain priest that same way, and saw him, and passed by.  32And likewise a levite, when he was come nigh to the place, went and looked on him, and passed by.  33Then a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came nigh unto him, and beheld him, and had compassion on him,  34and came to him, and bound up his wounds, and poured in wine, and oil, and laid him on his beast, and brought him to a common hostry, and drest him.  35And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host and said unto him: Take care of him, and whatsoever thou spendest above this, when I come again I will recompense thee.  36Which now of these three, thinkest thou was neighbor unto him that fell into the thieves hands?  37And he answered: he that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him. Go and do thou likewise.  

Isaiah 8:20
If any man want light, let him look upon the law and the testimony whether they speak not after this meaning.

Last edited by JAdmin on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: the wholy tabernacle Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:

Quote:
JAdmin wrote:
The εσοπτρου 2072 A mirror. 1Co 13:12 Js 1:23 is understood to be a transparent substance,

JAdmin wrote:
Proverbs 23:26-35
26My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes have pleasure in my ways.  27For an whore is a deep grave, and an harlot is a narrow pit.  28She lurketh like a thief, and those that be not aware she bringeth unto her.  29Where is woe? where is sorrow? where is strife? where is brawling? where are wounds without cause? where be reed eyes?  30Even among those that be ever at the wine, and seek out where the best is.  31Look not thou upon the wine, how red it is, and what a color it giveth in the glass.  32It goeth down softly, but at the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth as an adder.  33So shall thine eyes look unto strange women, and thine heart shall muse upon froward things.  34Yea thou shalt be as though thou slept in the middest of the sea, or on the top of the mast.  35They wounded me (shalt thou say) but it hath not hurt me, they smote me, but I felt it not. When I am well awakened, I will go to the drink again.  

Heman wrote:

JAdmin wrote:
You can also be aware of the original derived strongs definitions:
Code:
Word: כוס
Pronounc: koce
Strong:  H3563
Greek: G4221, G5357
Transliter: kowc
 from an unused root meaning to hold together; a cup (as a  container), often figuratively, a lot (as if a potion); also  some unclean bird, probably an owl (perhaps from the cup-like  cavity of its eye):--cup, (small) owl. Compare 3599.

Greek Strong:  G4221
Pronounc: pot-ay'-ree-on
Transliter: poterion
 neuter of a derivative of the alternate of 4095; a drinking-vessel; by  extension, the contents thereof, i.e. a cupful (draught);  figuratively, a lot or fate:--cup.

Greek Strong:  G5357
Pronounc: fee-al'-ay
Transliter: phiale
 of uncertain affinity; a broad shallow cup ("phial"):--vial.

Word:  כיס
Pronounc: keece
Strong:  H3599
Greek: G905
Transliter: kiyc
 a form for 3563; a cup; also a bag for money or  weights:--bag, cup, purse.

Greek Strong:  G905
Pronounc: bal-an'-tee-on
Transliter: balantion
 probably remotely from 906 (as a depository); a pouch (for  money):--bag, purse

Greek Strong:  G906
Pronounc: bal'-lo
Transliter: ballo
 a primary verb; to throw (in various applications, more or less  violent or intense):--arise, cast (out), X dung, lay, lie, pour, put  (up), send, strike, throw (down), thrust. Compare 4496.

Greek Strong:  G4496
Pronounc: hrip'-to
Transliter: rhipto
 a primary verb (perhaps rather akin to the base of 4474, through the  idea of sudden motion); to fling (properly, with a quick toss, thus  differing from 906, which denotes a deliberate hurl; and from teino  (see in 1614), which indicates an extended projection); by  qualification, to deposit (as if a load); by extension, to  disperse:--cast (down, out), scatter abroad, throw.

Notwithstanding, i thought we were discussing spiritual things revealed by the spirit of God that isn't limited to men's understanding.
Quote:
(Pr. 3:5, Isa. chap. 55.)
btw. Proverbs 23:31 was quoted with a somewhat sense of humor.. howbeit it's turning into something very serious.
According to the passage the glass taken for a cup in this instance is likely either transparent or reflective.. but i wouldn't look at how the red color is seen, and rather will just take the word for it's dire possibilities. (Ro 14:23, Heb. 11:6)

That sounds GOOD to me, I just wanted at least an obscure idea of the passage.
Ps 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
Ps 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.(EVEN TRANSLATORS)Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Isa 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to have pleased: for the one coming near to God to believe because he is, and he becomes a rewarder to those seeking him.

Quote:
JAdmin wrote:

heman wrote:

JAdmin wrote:

9but as it is written: The eye hath not seen, and the ear hath not heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But to us God hath revealed them through the spirit. For the spirit searcheth all things, yea the depths of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man: if not the spirit of a man that is in him? So also even the things of God no one knows, if not the spirit of God. 12But we have not received the spirit of the world: but that spirit from God, but that we may know the things that are graciously given by God to us, 13which things also we speak, not by the teachings in words of human wisdom, but by teachings of the spirit, explaining spiritual things to spiritual ones.
Quote:

Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Quote:

JAdmin wrote:

Code:

Ho 13:4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Re 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Mt 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: clarity vs. obscurity Reply with quote

The Scriptures as a whole justly give the clear idea of whatever passage if according to the law and the testimony.

heman wrote:
That sounds GOOD to me, I just wanted at least an obscure idea of the passage.
Quote:
Ps 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
Ps 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.(EVEN TRANSLATORS)

Isaiah 28:9-29
9What is he among them, that can teach, instruct or inform the children, which are weeded from suck or taken from the breasts: of any other fashion than:  10Command that may be commanded, bid that may be bidden, forbid that may be forbidden, keep back that may be kept back, here a little, there a little.  11And therefore the LORD also shall speak with lisping lips and with a strange language unto this people, to whom he spake afore of this manner:  12This shall bring rest, if one refresh the weary, yea this shall bring rest. But they had no will to hear.  13And therefore the LORD shall answer their stubborness. (Command that may be commanded, bid that may be bidden, forbid that may be forbidden, keep back that may be kept back, here a little, there a little.) That they may go forth, fall backward, be bruised, snared, and taken.  14Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye mockers that rule the Lord's people, which is at Jerusalem.  15For ye comfort yourselves thus: Tush, death and we are at point, and as for hell, we have made a condition with it, that though there break out any sore plague, it shall not come upon us. For with deceit will we escape, and with nimbleness will we defend ourselves.  16Therefore thus sayeth the Lord GOD: Behold, I will lay a stone in Sion, a great stone, a costly corner stone, for a sure foundation: that who so putteth his trust in him, shall not be confounded.  17Righteousness will I set up again in the balance, and judgement in the weights. The tempest of hail shall take away your refuge, that ye have to deceive withal: and the overflowing waters shall break down your strongholds of dissimulation.  18Thus the appointment that ye have made with death, shall be done away: and the condition that ye made with hell, shall not stand. When the great destruction goeth thorow, it shall all to tread you. It shall take you quite away before it.  19For it shall go forth early in the morning, and continue only that day and that night. And the very fear only shall teach you, when ye hear it.  20For the bed shall be so narrow that a man can not lie upon it: And the covering too small, that a man may not wind himself therein.  21For the LORD shall step forth as he did upon the mount Perazim, and shall take on as he did upon the dale of Gabaon: that he may bring forth his device, his strange device: and fulfill his work, his wonderful work.  22And therefore make no mocks at it, that your captivity increase not: for I have heard the Lord GOD of Hosts say, that there shall come a sudden destruction and plague upon the whole earth.  23Take heed, and hear my voice, ponder and mark my words well.  24Goeth not the husbandman ever in due season earnestly to his land? He moweth and ploweth his ground to sow.  25And when he hath made it plain, he soweth it with fetches or comin. He soweth the wheat and Barley in their place, Milium and Rye also in their place.  26And that he may do it right, his God teacheth him and sheweth him.  27For he treadeth not the fitches out with a waine, neither bringeth he the cart here and there over the comin, but he thresheth the fitches out with a flayle, and the comin with a rod.  28As for the wheat, he grindeth it to make bread thereof; In as much as he can not bring it to pass with treading out. For neither the bruising that the cart wheels make, nor his beasts can grind it.  29This and such like things come of the LORD of Hosts which is marvelous in counsel, and great in righteousness.  

heman wrote:
Quote:
Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Code:
1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man seem <|think himself|> wise among you, let him be <|become|> a fool in this world, that he may be wise.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written: he compasseth the wise in their craftiness.
1 Corinthians 8:2-3
2If any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.  3But if any man love God, the same is known of him.  

heman wrote:

Quote:
Isa 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Isaiah 51:1-15
1Hearken to me, ye that hold of righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: Take heed unto the stone, whereout ye are hewn, and to the grave whereout ye are digged.   2Consider Abraham your father, and Sara that bare you: how that I called him alone, and prospered him well, and increased him:   3how the LORD comforted Sion, and repaired all her decay: making her desert as a Paradise, and her wilderness as the garden of the LORD. Mirth and joy was there, thanksgiving, and the voice of praise.   4Have respect unto me then, O my people, and lay thine ear to me: for a law, and an ordinance shall go forth from me, to lighten the Gentiles.   5It is hard by, that my health and my righteousness shall go forth, and the people shall be ordered with mine arm. The Islands (that is the Gentiles) shall hope in me, and put their trust in mine arm.   6Lift up your eyes toward heaven, and look upon the earth beneath. For the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall tear like a cloth, and they that dwell therein, shall perish in like manner. But my health endureth for ever, and my righteousness shall not cease.   7Therefore hearken unto me, ye that have pleasure in righteousness, thou people that bearest my law in thine heart. Fear not the curse of men, be not afraid of their blasphemies and revilings:   8For worms and moths shall eat them up like cloth and wool. But my righteousness shall endure for ever, and my saving health from generation to generation.   9Wake up, wake up, and be strong: O thou arm of the LORD: wake up, like as in times past, ever and since the world began.  10Art not thou he, that hast wounded that proud lucifer, and hewn the dragon in pieces? Art not thou even he, which hast dried up the deep of the sea, which hast made plain the sea ground, that the delivered might go thorow?  11That the redeemed of the LORD, which turned again, might come with joy unto Sion, there to endure for ever? That mirth and gladness might be with them: that sorrow and woe might flee from them?  12Yea I, I am even he, that in all things giveth you consolation. What art thou then, that fearest a mortal man, the child of man, which goeth away as doeth the flour?  13And forgetest the LORD that made thee, that spread out the heavens, and laid the foundation of the earth. But thou art ever afraid for the sight of thine oppressor, which is ready to do harm: Where is the wrath of the oppressor?  14It cometh on fast, it maketh haste to appear: It shall not perish, that it should not be able to destroy, neither shall it fail for fault of nourishing.  15I am the LORD thy God, that make the sea to be still, and to rage: whose name is the LORD of Hosts.  

heman wrote:
Quote:

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to have pleased: for the one coming near to God to believe because he is, and he becomes a rewarder to those seeking him.

9but as it is written: The eye hath not seen, and the ear hath not heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But to us God hath revealed them through the spirit. For the spirit searcheth all things, yea the depths of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man: if not the spirit of a man that is in him? So also even the things of God no one knows, if not the spirit of God. 12But we have not received the spirit of the world: but that spirit from God, but that we may know the things that are graciously given by God to us, 13which things also we speak, not by the teachings in words of human wisdom, but by teachings of the spirit, explaining spiritual things to spiritual ones.

Spirit from God sounds like something apart when in reality the wholy spirit is of God himself, as it is clearly written:
Hebrews 11:6
but without faith it is unpossible to please him. For he that cometh to God, must believe that God is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek him.
Code:
1Co 2:12 And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God,
1Co 2:13 which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things. <|and judge spiritual matters spiritually|>
1Co 2:14 For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined: <|can not perceive it: for it must be spiritually discerned|>
1Co 2:15 but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.
1 Corinthians 4:2-5
2Furthermore it is required of the disposers that they be found faithful.  3With me is it but a very small thing, that I should be judged of you, either of man's day. No I judge not mine own self.  4I know nought by myself: yet am I not thereby justified. It is the Lord that judgeth me.  5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, which will lighten things that are hid in darkness: and open the counsels of the hearts. And then shall every man have praise of God.  

Code:
Joh 4:24 God is a spirit, and they that worship him, must honour <worship> him, in spirit and verity. <trouth, or real fidelity of truth>
Romans 8:10-11
10If Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin: But the spirit is life for righteousness' sake.  11Wherefore if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from death, dwell in you: even he that raised up Christ from death, shall quicken your mortal bodies, be cause that his spirit dwelleth in you.  

Quote:
JAdmin wrote:
heman wrote:
Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Code:
Ga 1:9 As I said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other thing unto you, than that ye have received, hold him accursed. <|the same be accursed|>

Hebrews 12:28-29
28Wherefore if we receive a kingdom which is not moved, we have grace, whereby we may serve God and please him with reverence and godly fear.  29For our God is a consuming fire.  

Quote:
heman wrote:
Ho 13:4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Ho 13:4 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: that thou shouldest know no God but me only, and that thou shouldest have no Saviour but only me.

heman wrote:
Quote:

Re 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 2:1-11
1Unto the angel of the congregation of Ephesus write: These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, and walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks.  2I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not forbear them which are evil: and examinedst them which say they are apostles, and are not: and hast found them liars.  3And hast suffered, and hast patience: and for my name's sake hast laboured and hast not fainted.  4Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, for thou hast left thy first love.  5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works. Or else I will come unto thee shortly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.  6But this thou hast because thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which deeds I also hate.  7Let him that hath ears hear, what the spirit saith unto the congregations. To him that overcometh, will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.  8And unto the angel of the congregation of Smyrna write: These things saith he that is first, and the last, which was dead and is alive.  9I know thy works and tribulation and poverty, but thou art rich: And I know the blasphemy of them which call themselves jews and are not: but are the congregation of sathan.  10Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer. Behold, the devil shall cast of you into prison, to tempt you, and ye shall have tribulation ten days. Be faithful unto the death, and I will give thee a crown of life.  11Let him that hath ears hear, what the spirit saith to the congregations: He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.  

heman wrote:
Quote:
Mt 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Matthew 20:1-28
1For the kingdom of heaven is like unto an householder which went out early in the morning to hire laborers into his vineyard.  2And he agreed with the laborers for a penny a day, and sent them in to his vineyard.  3And he went out about the third hour, and saw other standing idle in the market place,  4and said unto them: go ye also into my vineyard, and whatsoever is right, I will give you: and they went their way.  5Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.  6And he went out about the eleventh hour and found other standing idle, and said unto them: Why stand ye here all the day idle?  7They said unto him: Because no man hath hired us. He said to them: go ye also into my vineyard, and whatsoever shall be right, that shall ye receive.  8When even was come, the lord of the vineyard, said unto his steward: call the laborers, and give them their hire, beginning at the last, till thou come to the first.  9And they which were hired about the eleventh hour, came and received every man a penny.  10Then came the first, supposing that they should receive more, and they like wise received every man a penny.  11And when they had received it, they grudged against the good man of the house, saying:  12These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us which have borne the burden and heat of the day.  13He answered to one of them, saying: Friend I do thee no wrong: didst thou not agree with me for a penny?  14Take that which is thy duty, and go thy way. I will give unto this last, as much as to thee.  15Is it not lawful for me to do as me listeth, with mine own? Is thine eye evil because I am good?  16So the last shall be first, and the first shall be last. For many are called, and few be chosen.  17And Jesus ascended to Jerusalem, and took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said to them:  18Lo we go up to Jerusalem, and the son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,  19and shall deliver him to the gentiles, to be mocked, to be scourged, and to be crucified: and the third day he shall rise again.  20Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.  21 He said unto her: What wilt thou have? She said unto him: Grant that these my two sons may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand in thy kingdom.  22Jesus answered, and said: Ye wot not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of? And to be baptised with the baptism, that I shall be baptised with? They answered to him: That we are.  23 He said unto them: Ye shall drink of my cup, and shall be baptised with the baptism that I shall be baptised with all. But to sit on my right hand, and on my left hand, is not mine to give you: but to them for whom it is prepared of my father.  24And when the ten heard this, they disdained at the two brethren.  25But Jesus called them unto him, and said: Ye know, that the lords of the gentiles have domination over them. And they that are great, exercise power over them.  26It shall not be so among you: But whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister,  27and whosoever will be chief, let him be your servant.  28Even as the son of man came, not to be ministered unto, but to minister: and to give his life for the redemption of many.  

Luke 9:46-56
46Then there arose a disputation among them, who should be the greatest.  47When Jesus perceived the thoughts of their hearts, he took a child, and set him hard by him,  48and said unto them: Whosoever receiveth this child in my name, receiveth me. And whosoever receiveth me, receiveth him that sent me. For he that amongst you, is the least, the same shall be great.  49 John answered and said: Master we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and we forbade him, because he followeth not with us.  50And Jesus said unto him: forbid ye him not. For he that is not against you, is with you.  51And it followed when the time was come that he should be received up and that he determined himself to go to Jerusalem:  52and sent messengers before him. And they went, and entered into a city of the Samaritans to make ready for him.  53And they would not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.  54When his disciples, James, and John, saw that, they said: Lord, wilt thou that we command, that fire come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Helias did?  55Jesus turned about, and rebuked them saying: ye wot not what manner spirit ye are of.  56The son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another town.  

Luke 22:24-27
24And there was a strife among them, which of them should seem greatest.  25And he said unto them: The kings of the gentiles reign over them; And they that bear rule over them, are called gracious lords.  26But ye shall not be so. But he that is greatest among you, shall be as the youngest: And he that is chief, shall be as the minister.   27For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat: or he that serveth? Is not he that sitteth at meat? And I am among you, as he that ministereth.  

Matthew 23:10-11
10Be not called masters, for one is your master, and he is Christ.  11He that is greatest among you, shall be your servant.  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: