DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

like Noe's time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: like Noe's time Reply with quote

Genesis 6:4
There were tyrants in the world in those days. For after that the children of God had gone in unto the daughters of men and had begotten them children, the same children were the mightiest of the world and men of renown.
Genesis 6:13
Then said God to Noe: the end of all flesh is come before me, for the earth is full of their mischief. And lo, I will destroy them with the earth.

Matthew 24:37-39
37As the time of Noe was, so likewise shall the coming of the son of man be.  38For as in the days before the flood: they did eat and drink, marry, and were married, even unto the day that Noe entered in to the ship,  39and knew of nothing till the flood came and took them all away. So shall also the coming of the son of man be.  

1 Peter 3:17-22
17It is better (if the will of God be so) that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.  18Forasmuch as Christ hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, for to bring us to God, and was killed, as pertaining to the flesh: but was quickened in the spirit.  19In which spirit, he also went and preached unto the spirits that were in prison,  20which were in time past disobedient, when the long suffering of God abode exceeding patiently in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few (that is to say eight souls) were saved by water,  21which signifieth baptism that now saveth us, not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but in that a good conscience consenteth to God, by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,  22which is on the right hand of God, and is gone into heaven, angels, power, and might, subdued unto him.  

2 Peter 2:4-6
4For if God spared not the angels that sinned but cast them down into hell, and put them in chains of darkness ([to be punished]) there to be kept unto judgement:  5neither spared the old world: but saved Noah the eighth preacher of righteousness, and brought in the flood into the world of the ungodly,  6and turned the cities of Zodom and Gomor into ashes: overthrew them, damned them, and made of them an ensample unto all that after should live ungodly.  

Jude 1
1Judas the servant of Jesus Christ, the brother of James. To them which are called and sanctified in God the father, and preserved in Christ Jesus.   2Mercy unto you, and peace and love be multiplied.  3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common health: it was needful for me to write unto you, to exhort you, that ye should continually labour in the faith, which was once given unto the saints.  4For there are certain craftily crept in, of which it was written aforetime unto such judgement. They are ungodly, and turn the grace of our Lord God unto wantonness; And deny God the only Lord, and our Lord Jesus Christ.  5My mind is therefore to put you in remembrance, forasmuch as ye once know this, how that the Lord (after that he had delivered the people out of Egypt) destroyed them which afterward believed not:  6The angels also, which kept not their first estate: but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day:  7even as Zodom, and Gomor, and the cities about them (which in like manner defiled themselves, with fornication, and followed strange flesh) are set forth for an example, and suffer the vengeance of eternal fire.  8Likewise these dreamers defile the flesh, despise rulers, and speak evil of them that are in authority.  9Yet Michael the archangel (when he strove against the devil, and disputed the body of Moses) durst not give railing sentence, but said: The Lord rebuke thee.  10But these speak evil of those things which they know not. In those things which they know naturally (as beasts which are without reason) they corrupt themselves.  11Woe be unto them, for they have followed the way of Cain, and are spilt in the error of Balaam for lucre's sake, and are cast away in the treason of Core.  12These are spots which of your kindness feast together, without fear, feeding themselves. Clouds they are without water, carried about of winds: Trees rotten in autumn, unfruitfull, twice dead, and plucked up by the roots.  13They are raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame. They are wandering stars, to whom is reserved the mist of darkness for ever.  14Enoch the seventh from Adam prophesied before of such saying: Behold, the Lord shall come with thousands of saints,  15to give judgement against all men, and to rebuke all that are ungodly among them, of all their ungodly deeds, which they have ungodly committed, and of all their cruel speakings, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.  16These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts, whose mouth's speak proud things. They have men in great reverence because of advantage.  17But ye beloved remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,  18how that they told you that there should be beguilers in the last time, which should walk after their own ungodly lusts.  19These are makers of sects, natural, having no spirit.  20But ye dearly beloved, edify yourselves in your most wholy faith, praying in the wholy ghost,  21and keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, unto eternal life.  22And have compassion on some, separating them:  23and other save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, ([and have compassion on the other]) and hate the filthy vesture of the flesh.  24Unto him that is able to keep you, that ye fall not, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with joy, ([at the coming of oure lorde Iesu Christ])  25that is to say, to God our saviour ([thorow Iesus Christ oure lord]) which only is wise, be glory, majesty, dominion, and power, ([before all worldes]) now and for ever Amen. Here ends the epistle of Judas    

Matthew 7
1Judge not lest ye be judged. ([comdemn not and ye shall not and be condemned])  2For as ye judge, so shall ye be judged. And with what measure ye mete, with the same shall it be measured to you again.  3Why seest thou a mote in thy brother's eye, and perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?  4Or why sayest thou to thy brother: ([Brother]) suffer me to pluck out a mote out of thine eye, and behold a beam is in thine own eye.  5Hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pluck out the mote out of thy brother's eye.  6Give not that which is holy to dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they tread them under their feet, and the other turn again and all to rent you.  7Ask and it shall be given you: Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.  8For whosoever asketh receiveth, and he that seeketh findeth, and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.  9Is there any man among you which would proffer his son a stone if he asked him bread?   10Or if he asked fish, would he proffer him a serpent?  11If ye then which are evil, can give to your children good gifts: how much more shall your father, which is in heaven, give good things, to them that ask of him?  12Therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, even so do ye to them. This is the law and the prophets.  13Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction: and many there be, which go in thereat.  14For strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life: and few there be, that find it.  15Beware of false prophets, which come to you, in sheeps' clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.  16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns? Or figs of briars?   17Even so every good tree, bringeth forth good fruit. But a corrupt tree, bringeth forth evil fruit.  18A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit: nor yet a bad tree can bring forth good fruit.  19Every tree, that bringeth not forth good fruit, shall be hewn down, and cast into the fire.  20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  21Not all they that say unto me, master, master, shall enter in to the kingdom of heaven: but he that fulfilleth my father's will which is in heaven. ([He shall enter in to the kingdom of heaven])  22Many will say to me in that day, Master, master, have we not in thy name prophesied? and in thy name have we not cast out devils? and in thy name have we not done many miracles.  23And then will I knowledge unto them, that I never knew them. Depart from me, ye workers of iniquity.  24Whosoever heareth of me these sayings, and doeth the same, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house on a rock:  25and abundance of rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that same house, and it was not overthrown because it was grounded on the rock.  26And whosoever heareth of me these sayings, and doth not the same, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand,  27and abundance of rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house, and it was overthrown, and great was the fall of it.  28And it came to pass, that when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonied at his doctrine.  29For he taught them as one having power, and not as the scribes. ([of them, and the Pharises])    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: