DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

to the grave with "hell" imaginations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: to the grave with "hell" imaginations Reply with quote

In Hebrew hell is called sheol: שאלה
Strong's Lexicon: H7585
sh'owl or shol sheh-ole'; from H7592; in Greek Hades G86 or the world of the dead (as if a subterranean retreat), including its accessories and inmates:--grave, hell, pit.

The first mention of sheol is in:
Genesis 37:35
Then came all his sons and all his daughters to comfort him. And he would not be comforted, but said: I will go down into the grave unto my son, mourning. And thus his father wept for him.

Here sheol is translated as the grave. Although according to the faith, we know there is much more to just grieving at "the grave" because otherwise the hebrew word would of been keb-oo-raw' strongs H6900 like in Genesis 35:20 that concretely means: a sepulchre:--burial, burying place, grave. Notwithstanding Sheol is still properly translated as "the grave" if understanding the graveness of the word.

It was first translated as hell from the Hebrew at:
Numbers 16:30
But and if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth and swallow them and all that pertain unto them, so that they go down quick in to hell: then ye shall understand, that these men have railed upon the LORD.

Notwithstanding, also notice how ironic that Job: after much torment in this temporal world; even prayed to be hidden in SHEOL "the hell"!
Job 14:13
O that thou wouldest keep me, and hide me in the hell, until thy wrath were stilled: and to appoint me a time, wherein thou mightest remember me.

Research on the English word history shews that "hell" came from
the Indo-European root *kel- behind Germanic words that means: ?to cover, conceal? (so hell is the ?concealed place?); it also gives us hall, hole, hollow, and helmet.

The Anglo-Saxon origin (before it was used in English translations of the Bible) "helle" meant to conceal or bury as in "helling" potatoes in the basement that is a custom still followed in Great Britain.

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatsoever thou takest in hand to do, that do with all thy power: for among the dead, where thou goest unto, there is neither work, counsel, knowledge nor wisdom.

Amazing how the Scriptures were thus diligently translated in the first English Translation from the original tongues as you can see quoted at this forum.

William Tyndale, the translator of this first English N.T. translation from the original tongue, mentions some interesting "things to fill up the leaf withal" at the end of the 1534 edition:
Quote:
Infernus and Gehenna differ much in signification, though we have none other interpretation for either of them, than this English word, hell. For Gehenna signifieth a place of punishment: but Infernus is taken for any manner of place beneath in the earth, as a grave, sepulchre or cave.
Hell: it is called in Hebrew the valley of Hennon. A place by Jerusalem, where they burnt their children in fire unto the idol Moloch, and is usurped and taken now for a place where the wicked and ungodly shall be tormented both soul and body, after the general judgement.
Give room to the wrath of God Rom. xij.{12}: wrath is there taken for vengeance. And the meaning is: let God avenge, either by himself or by the officers that bear his room. ...

That bears to mind how the Lord thus explaineth:

Luke 16:19-31
19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple, and fine rayons, and fared deliciously every day.  20And there was a certain beggar, named Lazarus, which lay at his gate full of sores  21desiring to be refreshed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's board. ([and no man gave unto him]) Nevertheless, the dogs came, and licked his sores.  22And it fortuned that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: The rich man also died, and was buried in hell.  23When he lift up his eyes, as he was in torments, he saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom;  24And cried and said: father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue, for I am tormented in this flame.  25 Abraham said unto him: Son remember, that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy pleasure, and contrariwise Lazarus pain. Now therefore is he comforted, and thou art punished.  26Beyond all this between you and us there is a great space set, so that they which would go from hence to you, cannot: neither from thence come hither.   27And he said: I pray thee therefore father, send him to my father's house.  28For I have five brethren: for to warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.  29Abraham said unto him: they have Moses and the prophets, let them hear them.  30And he said: nay father Abraham, but if one from the dead came unto them they would repent.  31He said unto him: If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they believe, though one rose from death again.  

Psalms 139:8
If I climb up into heaven, thou art there: if I go down to hell, thou art there also.

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:15 pm; edited 5 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which goes along with being silent in the grave.
Ps 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Ps 31:17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.

Ps 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Praise the everlasting. Reply with quote

There seems to be more that goes along with being silent in hell...

Psalms 6:5
For in death no man remembereth thee: Oh who will give thee thanks in the hell?

Is there a reason?.. according to:
Code:
Ps 139:8 If I climb up into heaven, thou art there: if I go down to hell, thou art there also.

How can you remember someone if he is already there?

Hebrews 12:29
For our God is a consuming fire.

Psalms 31:17
Let me not be confounded, O LORD, for I call upon thee: let the ungodly rather be put to confusion, and brought unto the hell.

Now that's more like it; for in the hell there's already no excuse.

Psalms 115:17
The dead praise not thee (O LORD) neither all they that go down into silence.

Those that go down into silence like as a certain rich man in Luke 16:19-31 learn the hard lesson.
Notwithstanding..
Code:
Ps 115:18 But we will praise thee LORD, from this time forth for evermore. Praise the everlasting. <|Halleluya.|>

2 Timothy 2:11-13
11It is a true saying: If we be dead with him, we also shall live with him;  12If we be patient, we shall also reign with him; If we deny him, he also shall deny us;  13If we believe not, yet abideth he faithful; He cannot deny himself.  

Last edited by JAdmin on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:57 am; edited 3 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: to the grave with "hell" imaginations Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
In Hebrew hell is called sheol: שאלה
Strong's Lexicon: H7585
sh'owl or shol sheh-ole'; from H7592; in Greek Hades G86 or the world of the dead (as if a subterranean retreat), including its accessories and inmates:--grave, hell, pit.

The first mention of sheol is in:
Genesis 37:35
Then came all his sons and all his daughters to comfort him. And he would not be comforted, but said: I will go down into the grave unto my son, mourning. And thus his father wept for him.

Here sheol is translated as the grave. Although according to the faith, we know there is much more to just grieving at "the grave" because otherwise the hebrew word would of been keb-oo-raw' strongs H6900 like in Genesis 35:20 that concretely means: a sepulchre:--burial, burying place, grave. Notwithstanding Sheol is still properly translated as "the grave" if understanding the graveness of the word.

Notice how ironic that Job: after much torment in this temporal world; even prayed to be hidden in SHEOL "the hell"!
Job 14:13
O that thou wouldest keep me, and hide me in the hell, until thy wrath were stilled: and to appoint me a time, wherein thou mightest remember me.

Research on the English word history shews that "hell" came from
the Indo-European root *kel- behind Germanic words that means: ?to cover, conceal? (so hell is the ?concealed place?); it also gives us hall, hole, hollow, and helmet.

The Anglo-Saxon origin (before it was used in English translations of the Bible) "helle" meant to conceal or bury as in "helling" potatoes in the basement that is a custom still followed in Great Britain.

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatsoever thou takest in hand to do, that do with all thy power: for among the dead, where thou goest unto, there is neither work, counsel, knowledge nor wisdom.

Amazing how the Scriptures were thus diligently translated in the first English Translation from the original tongues as you can see quoted at this forum.

William Tyndale, the translator of this first English N.T. translation from the original tongue, mentions some interesting "things to fill up the leaf withal" at the end of the 1534 edition:
Quote:
Infernus and Gehenna differ much in signification, though we have none other interpretation for either of them, than this English word, hell. For Gehenna signifieth a place of punishment: but Infernus is taken for any manner of place beneath in the earth, as a grave, sepulchre or cave.
Hell: it is called in Hebrew the valley of Hennon. A place by Jerusalem, where they burnt their children in fire unto the idol Moloch, and is usurped and taken now for a place where the wicked and ungodly shall be tormented both soul and body, after the general judgement.
Give room to the wrath of God Rom. xij.{12}: wrath is there taken for vengeance. And the meaning is: let God avenge, either by himself or by the officers that bear his room. ...

That bears to mind how the Lord thus explaineth:

Luke 16:19-31
19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple, and fine rayons, and fared deliciously every day.  20And there was a certain beggar, named Lazarus, which lay at his gate full of sores  21desiring to be refreshed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's board. ([and no man gave unto him]) Nevertheless, the dogs came, and licked his sores.  22And it fortuned that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: The rich man also died, and was buried in hell.  23When he lift up his eyes, as he was in torments, he saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom;  24And cried and said: father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue, for I am tormented in this flame.  25 Abraham said unto him: Son remember, that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy pleasure, and contrariwise Lazarus pain. Now therefore is he comforted, and thou art punished.  26Beyond all this between you and us there is a great space set, so that they which would go from hence to you, cannot: neither from thence come hither.   27And he said: I pray thee therefore father, send him to my father's house.  28For I have five brethren: for to warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.  29Abraham said unto him: they have Moses and the prophets, let them hear them.  30And he said: nay father Abraham, but if one from the dead came unto them they would repent.  31He said unto him: If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they believe, though one rose from death again.  

Psalms 139:8
If I climb up into heaven, thou art there: if I go down to hell, thou art there also.
Job 14:13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the (7585 grave), that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! < base of AS. helan, to cover, conceal, hide;
Etymology is to elucidate the semantic background of the entry, link it with other similar words as a guide to the correct focusing of the proper definitions. LL. = Late Latin; ME= Middle English; G. = German; ON. = Old Norse; Gr. = Greek; AS. = Anglo Saxon; IE. = Indo-European; cf. = compare; vt. = verb transitive; Obs. = obsolete; < means derived from; * means hypothetical; "prop" means strong conviction; ? means uncertain.

Research on the English word history :
"hell" came from (hel). n. [ME. Helle; AS. hel (akin to G. holle & ON. Hel, name of the underworld goddess; see HEL) < base of AS. helan, to cover, conceal, hide; IE. Base (Hypothetical)*kel-, to hide, cover up, seen also in conceal, cell, color]
1. In the Bible where the spirits of the dead are; identified with Sheol and Hades

HEL n. [ON. In Norse mythology.
1. Loki?s daughter, goddess of death and the underworld.
2. The underworld to which the dead not killed in battle were sent. (See Valhalla)

Vahallan n. [Mod L. < ON. Valholl, genit. Valhallar, hall of the slain; cf. Valkyrie < valr, slaughter the slain and holl, hall] In Norse mythology, the Great Hall where Odin receives and feasts the souls of heroes who have fallen bravely in battle. See: Loki; Odin, God of the Dead; Balder; and Frigg.
(Icelandic Literary Works by Snorri Sturluson c.1230)

Hades n. [Gr. Haides],
in Greek mythology (a) the home of the dead, beneath the earth. (b) the ruler of the underworld also called Pluto, Dis. Pluto was the Roman god of wealth and the counterpart of the Greek Plouton, for the riches found under the Earth's surface and from which we get "plutocrats" and "plutocracy." Hades is simultaneously the Greek god of the dead and the name of the underworld abode in which he lived. Dis was actually the Roman counterpart of Hades, not Pluto. Pluto rules over Hades with his wife Persephone.

1. in the Bible, the state or resting place of the dead: Used especially in the Revised Version of the New Testament.
2. [often h-], [Colloq], hell: a euphemism

Sheol n. [Heb. She ol < sha al, to dig],
1. in the Old Testament, a place in the depths of the earth where the dead are; underworld
2. [s-], [Colloq.], hell.

Grave n. [ME. Graf, grave; AS. Graef (akin to Ofris. Gref; cf. Gr. Grabe) < base of grafan, to dig; see the VT.]
1. A hole in the ground in which to bury a dead body.
2. Burial mound or monument
3. any place for receiving something dead
4. death; extinction
1a.) [Obs.], to dig b.) [Archiac], to bury, 2.) shape by carving; carve out a sculpture4.) fix permanently

Gehennia n. LL.; Gr. Genna; Heb. Gehinnom
1. The Valley of Hinnom, south-west of Jerusalem, where Solomon, king of Israel, built "a high place", or place of worship, for the gods Chemosh and Moloch. The valley came to be regarded as a place of abomination because some of the Israelites sacrificed their children to Moloch there. In a later period it was made a refuse dump and perpetual fires were maintained there to prevent pestilence. Thus, in the New Testament, Gehenna became synonymous with hell, Sheol, grave, hades. See 1 Kings 11:7, and 2 Kings 23:10
http://www.pantheon.org/
SO we even see the discription of brimestone as in Sodom and Gomorah and an everlasting grave:
So 8:6 Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the (7585 grave:) the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.

Job 3:22 Which rejoice exceedingly, and are glad, when they can find the (06913 grave)? 1) grave, sepulchre, tomb

Lu 16:19 ? There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man?s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham?s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hades (αδη) he lift up his eyes, being in pain, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am in pain in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things: but now he is comforted, and thou art in pain.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed: so that they wishing to pass over from hence to you cannot; neither can they cross over to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father?s house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one should rise from the dead ones.

And who had boils (SORES) all over him ?
Job 14:12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
Job 21:13 They spend their days in wealth, and in a moment go down to the grave.
Job 21:32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

What else can the Rich expect?
2 Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: to the grave with "hell" imaginations Reply with quote

Those are great examples of how "ye shall know them by their fruits."
I don't know everything about hell and the grave; but this I know:
yea as did David in His spirit
Psalms 68:20
The God that is our Saviour, even GOD the Lord by whom we escape death.

and Job in His soul
Job 19:25-29
25For I am sure, that my redeemer liveth, and that I shall rise out of the earth in the latter day:  26that I shall be clothed again with this skin, and see God in my flesh.  27Yea I my self shall behold him, not with other but with these same eyes. My reins are consumed within me,  28when ye say: Why do not we persecute him? We have found an occasion against him.  29But beware of the sword, for the sword will be avenged of wickedness, and be sure, that there is a judgement.  

Code:
1Co 2:14 For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined: <|can not perceive it: for it must be spiritually discerned|>
1Co 2:15 but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.

Quote:
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written: he compasseth the wise in their craftiness.
And again, God knoweth the thoughts of the wise that they be vain.

-1Co 3:19-20

Heman wrote:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power

ye wot not what manner spirit ye are of.
The son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. -Luke 9:55-56

Code:
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack to fulfil his promise as some men count slackness: but is patient to us ward and would have no man lost, but would receive all men to repentance. <|and will not that any man should be lost, but that every man should amend himself|>

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
6It is verily a righteous thing with God, to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you:  7and to you which are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall shew himself from heaven, with his mighty angels,  8in flaming fire, rendering vengeance unto them that know not God, and to them that obey not unto the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ,  9which shall be punished with everlasting damnation, from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power,  10when he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be made marvelous in all them that believe: because our testimony that we had unto you, was believed even the same day that we preached it.  

With me is it but a very small thing, that I should be judged of you, either of man's day. No I judge not mine own self.
I know nought by myself: yet am I not thereby justified. It is the Lord that judgeth me.
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, which will lighten things that are hid in darkness: and open the counsels of the hearts. And then shall every man have praise of God. -1Co. 4:3-5

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: a sword Reply with quote

Mt 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Gal 6:7,8 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Acts 5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; <b>lest haply ye be found even to fight against God Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Now we have a sword and division, but what does that mean?
Ezek 38:21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man’s sword shall be against his brother.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. ... 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: And again 2 Cor 10:2-4 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Who will take care of Wars and Evil? Policemen? Soldiers? You?

Deut 32:35, 39 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand
And How will God Do it?
Num 16:35 And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.
Ps 106:18 And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked
Ps 18:8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it
The fruit of all Evil
Jer 6:19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it
Prov 1:30,31 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. 31Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
Job 4:8 Even as I have seen, <b>they that plow iniquity</b>, and sow wickedness, reap the same
Hosea 10:13 Ye have plowed wickedness, ye have reaped iniquity; <b>ye have eaten the fruit of lies</b>: because thou didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mighty men
Their Cup runneth over
Ps 11:6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
Ps 75:8,10 For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.<br />10 All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted

The End Result
Nahum 1:2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Ps 10:16 The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land

JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: a sword Reply with quote

Code:
1Ti 1:15 This is a true saying, and by all means worthy to be received, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief:
1:16 Notwithstanding unto me was mercy given, that Jesus Christ should first shew on me all long patience, unto the ensample of them which shall in time to come believe on him unto eternal life.
1:17 So then unto God, King everlasting, immortal, invisible, and wise only, be honour and praise for ever and ever Amen.

heman wrote:
Mt 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Heb 4:12 for the word of God is quick, and mighty in operation, and sharper than any two edged sword: and entereth through, even unto the dividing a sunder of the soul and the spirit and of the joints, and the mary: and judgeth the thoughts and the intents of the heart.

1Co 2:14 For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined: <|can not perceive it: for it must be spiritually discerned|>
1Co 2:15 but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.

heman wrote:

Gal 6:7,8 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Ga 6:8 He that soweth in his flesh, shall of the flesh reap corruption: <|destruction|> but he that soweth in the spirit shall, of the spirit reap life everlasting.

heman wrote:

Acts 5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; <b>lest haply ye be found even to fight against God
Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Lu 12:49 I am come to send fire on earth: and what is my desire but that it were al ready kindled?
Lu 12:50 Notwithstanding I must be baptised with a baptism. And how am I pained till it be ended?
Lu 12:51 Suppose <|Think|> ye that I am come to send <|bring|> peace on earth? I tell you, nay: but rather debate.

Code:
Mr 10:33 Behold we go up to Jerusalem, and the son of man shall be delivered unto the high priests and unto the scribes: and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the gentiles,
Mr 10:34 and they shall mock him, and scourge him and spit upon him, and kill him, and the third day he shall rise again.
Mr 10:35 And <[then]> James and John the sons of Zebedee, came unto him, saying: Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we desire.
Mr 10:36 He said unto them: what would ye I should do unto you?
Mr 10:37 They said to him: grant unto us that we may sit one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.
Mr 10:38 But Jesus said unto them: Ye wot not what ye ask. Can <|May|> ye drink of the cup, that I shall drink of? And be baptised in the baptism that I shall be baptised in? <|withall|>
Mr 10:39 And they said unto him: that we can. <|Yea that we may|> Jesus said unto them: ye shall drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and be baptised with the baptism that I shall be baptised in:
Mr 10:40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand, is not mine to give, but to them for whom it is prepared.
Mr 10:41 And when the ten heard that, they began to disdain at James and John.
Mr 10:42 But Jesus called them unto him, and said to them: Ye know well that they which seem to bear rule among the gentiles, reign as lords over them. And they that be great among them exercise authority over them.
Mr 10:43 So shall it not be among you but whosoever of you will be great among you shall be your minister.
Mr 10:44 And whosoever will be chief, shall be servant unto all.
Mr 10:45 For even the son of man came, not that other should minister unto him: <not to be ministered unto:> but to minister, <|do service|> and to give his life for the redemption of many.

heman wrote:

Now we have a sword and division, but what does that mean?
Ezek 38:21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man?s sword shall be against his brother.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. ... 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: And again 2 Cor 10:2-4 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Who will take care of Wars and Evil? Policemen? Soldiers? You?

Yes, Christ who is come in the flesh (even in men) yea by His shed blood quickly will bring justice now, and later at his coming on high! He is sovereign and will allow what he will even for a great lesson to be learned.

Code:
1Co 15:25 For he must rule <reign> till he have put all his enemies under his feet.

Code:
2Co 10:4 For the weapons of our war are not carnal things, <|fleshly|> but things mighty in God to cast down strongholds,
2Co 10:5 wherewith we overthrow imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity all understanding to the obedience of Christ,
2Co 10:6 and are ready to take vengeance on all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

heman wrote:

Deut 32:35, 39 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand
And How will God Do it?

Code:
De 32:35 Vengeance is mine and I will reward: their feet shall slide, when the time cometh. For the time of their destruction is at hand, and the time that shall come upon them maketh haste.
De 32:36 For the LORD will do justice unto his people, and have compassion on his servants. For it shall be seen that their power shall fail, and at the last they shall be prisoned and forsaken.
De 32:37 And it shall be said: where are their gods and their rock wherein they trusted?
De 32:38 The fat of whose sacrifices they ate, and drank the wine of their drinkofferings, let them rise up and help you and be your protection.
De 32:39 See now how that I, I am he, and that there is no God but I. I can kill and make alive, and what I have smitten that I can heal: neither is there that can deliver any man out of my hand.
De 32:40 For I will lift up my hand to heaven, and will say: I live ever.

Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, vengeance belongeth unto me, <|Vengance is mine|> I will recompense saith the Lord. And again: the Lord shall judge his people.

Code:
Lu 18:1 He put forth a similitude unto them, signifying that men ought always to pray, and not to be weary,
Lu 18:2 saying: There was a Judge in a certain city, which feared not God neither regarded man. <|and stood in awe of no man|>
Lu 18:3 And there was a certain widow in the same city, which came unto him saying: Avenge me of <|Deliver me from|> mine adversary.
Lu 18:4 And a great while he would not. <And he would not for a while.> <[But]> Afterward he said unto himself: Though I fear not God, nor care for man,
Lu 18:5 yet because this widow troubleth <|is so importune upon|> me, I will avenge <|deliver|> her, lest at the last she come, and rail <hag> on me.
Lu 18:6 And the Lord said: hear what the unrighteous judge sayeth.
Lu 18:7 And shall not God avenge his elect, <|also deliver his chosen|> which cry night and day unto him? Yea though he defer them:
Lu 18:8 I tell you, he will avenge <|shall deliver|> them, and that quickly. Nevertheless, when the son of man cometh, suppose ye, that he shall find faith on <[the]> earth.

Quote:
Numbers 16:35
And there came out a fire from the LORD and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered cense.

Psalms 106:18
The fire was kindled in their company, the flame brent up the ungodly.

Psalms 18:8
There went a smoke out of his nostrils, and a consuming fire out of his mouth, so that coals were kindled at it.

Jeremiah 6:19
Hear thou earth also: behold, I will cause a plague come upon this people, even the fruit of their own imaginations. For they have not been obedient unto my words and to my law, but abhorred them.

Proverbs 1:30-31
30but abhorred my counsel, and despised my correction.  31Therefore shall they eat the fruits of their own way, and be filled with their own counsels:  

Job 4:8
As I have seen them that plow vanity and sow malice reap the same.

Hosea 10:13
But now they have plowed them wickedness, therefore shall they reap sin, and eat the fruit of lies. Seeing thou puttest thy confidence in thine own ways, and leanest to the multitude of thy worthies:

Psalms 11:6
Upon the ungodly he shall rain snares, fire, brimstone, storm and tempest: this reward shall they have to drink.

Psalms 75:8-10
8For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup full of strong wine, and he poureth out of the same. As for the dregs thereof, all the ungodly of the earth shall drink them, and suck them out.  9But I will talk of the God of Jacob, and praise him forever.  10All the horns of the ungodly will I break, and the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.  

heman wrote:

Job 4:8 Even as I have seen, <b>they that plow iniquity</b>, and sow wickedness, reap the same

Ironic you would quote Eliphaz the Temanite; to whom Job answered:
Quote:
Job 6:14 He that is in tribulation ought to be comforted of his neighbour: but the fear of the LorD is clean away: <|like as if one withdrew a good deed from his friend, and forsook the fear of [the Almighty] God?|>

heman wrote:

The End Result
Nahum 1:2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Ps 10:16 The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land

Quiting verses in part does not give them justice without perceiving them as a whole:

Nahum chapter .j.
? This is the heavy burthen of Ninive, which Nahum of Elchos did write, as he saw it.
? The LORD is a jealous God, and a taker of vengeance: yea a taker of vengeance is the LORD, and wrothful. The LORD taketh vengeance of his enemies, and reserveth displeasure for his adversaries. The LORD suffereth long, he is of great power, and so innocent that he leaveth no man faultless before him. The LORD goeth forth in tempest and stormy weather, the clouds are the dust of his feet. When he reproveth the sea, he drieth it up, and turneth all the floods to dry land. Basan is desolate, Charmel and the pleasure of Libnus wasteth away. The mountains tremble for him, the hills consume. At the sight of him the earth quaketh: yea the whole world, and all that dwell therein. Who may endure before his wrath? Or who is able to abide his grim displeasure? His anger taketh on like fire, and the hard rocks burst in sunder before him. Full gracious is the LORD, and a strong hold in time of trouble, he knoweth them that put their trust in him: when the flood runneth over, and destroyeth the place, and when the darkness followeth still upon his enemies.
? What do ye imagine then against the LORD on this manner? (Tush, when he hath once made an end, there shall come no more trouble) For like as the thorns that stick together, and as the dry straw, so shall the drunkards be consumed together, even when they be full. There come out of thee such as Imagine mischief, and give ungracious counsel against the LORD. Therefore thus sayeth the LORD: Let them be as well prepared, yea and as many as they can, yet shall they be hewn down, and pass away. And as for thee, I will vex thee, but not utterly destroy thee; And now will I break his rod from thy back, and burst thy bonds in sunder. But the LORD hath given a commandment concerning thee, that there shall come no more seed of thy name. The carved and casten Images will I root out of the house of thy God. Thy grave shall I prepare for thee, and thou shalt be confounded. Behold, upon the mountains come the feet of him, that bringeth good tidings, and preacheth peace. O Iudah, keep thy holy days, perform thy promises: for Belial shall come no more in thee, he is utterly rooted out.

Psalm .x.
? Why art thou gone so far off, O LORD? whilt thou hide thyself in time of trouble? While the ungodly hath the over hand, the poor must suffer persecution: O that they were taken in the imagination which they go about. For the ungodly maketh bost of his own heart's desire, the covetous blesseth himself, and blasphemeth the LORD. The ungodly is so proud and full of indignation, that he careth not: neither is God before his eyes. His ways are alway filthy, thy judgments are far out of his sight, he defyeth all his enemies. For he sayeth in his heart: Tush, I shall never be cast down, there shall no harm happen to me. His mouth is full of cursing, fraud and deceit: under his tongue is travail and sorrow. He sitteth lurking in the gardens, that he may privily murder the innocent, his eyes are set upon the poor. He lieth waiting secretly, as it were a lion in his den. He lurketh that he may ravish the poor, yea to ravish the poor when he hath gotten him into his net. Then smiteth he, then oppresseth he and casteth down the poor with his authority. For he sayeth in his heart: Tush, God hath forgotten, he hath turned away his face, so that he will never see it.
? Arise O LORD God, lift up thine hand and forget not the poor. Wherefore should the wicked blaspheme God and say in his heart: tush, he careth not for it: This thou seest, for thou considerest the misery and sorrow. The poor giveth himself over in to thy hand, and committeth him unto thee, for thou art the helper of the friendless. Break thou the arm off the ungodly and malicious, search out the wickedness which he hath done, that he may perish. The LORD is King for ever, the Heathen shall perish out of his land. LORD, thou hearest the desirous longing of the poor: their heart is sure, that thine ear hearkeneth thereto. Help the fatherless and the poor unto their right, that the ungodly be no more exalted upon earth.

Code:
Ps 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest the Lord <|LORDE|> be angry, and so ye perish from the right way. For his wrath shall be kindled shortly: blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Last edited by JAdmin on Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:16 am; edited 5 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: 2 out of 40,000 yea, but to His Glory Reply with quote

Isa 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Hos 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Col 3:6 For which things? sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
10 ? Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
Ge 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Ps 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
Col 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4 ? And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

How about the remote possiblity that the word significance of hell and the grave has changed since Old Testament times, and ought to be openly perceived nowadays.
Code:
Mt 27:51 And behold the veil of the temple was <did> rent in twain from the top to the bottom, <|rent in two pieces, from above till beneath|> and the earth did quake,
Mt 27:52 and the stones did rent, and graves did open, and the bodies of many saints which slept, arose:
Mt 27:53 and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and came into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Ephesians 4:7-10
7Unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.  8Wherefore he saith: He is gone up on high, and hath led captivity captive, and hath given gifts unto men.  9That he ascended: what meaneth it, but that he also descended first into the lowest parts of the earth?  10He that descended, is even the same also that ascended up, even above all heavens, to fulfil all things.  

Notwithstanding, thanks for the quotes;
Here they are more clearly from the martyrs' wholy bible:

Quote:

Isaiah 25:8
As for death he shall utterly consume it. The Lord GOD shall wipe away the tears from all faces, and take away the confusion of his people thorow the whole world. For the LORD himself hath said it.

Hosea 13:14
had not I defended him from the grave, and delivered him from death. O death, I will be thy death: O hell, I will be thy sting.

Colossians 3:6
for which thing's sakes the wrath of God falleth on the children of unbelief.

Hebrews 3:16-19
16For some, when they heard, provoked: but not all that came out of Egypt under Moses.  17But with whom was he displeased forty years? was he not displeased with them that sinned: whose bodies were overthrown in the desert?  18To whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest: but unto them that believed not?  19And we see that they could not enter in, because of unbelief.  

Hebrews 4:6-15
6Seeing therefore it followeth that some must enter thereinto, and they to whom it was first preached, entered not therein for unbelief's sake.  7Again he appointeth in David a certain present day after so long a time, saying as it is rehearsed: this day if ye hear his voice, be not hard hearted.  8For if Josue had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.  9There remaineth therefore yet a rest to the people of God.  10For he that is entered into his rest doth cease from his own works, as God did from his.  11Let us study therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall into such an ensample of unbelief:  12for the word of God is quick, and mighty in operation, and sharper than any two edged sword: and entereth through, even unto the dividing a sunder of the soul and the spirit and of the joints, and the mary: and judgeth the thoughts and the intents of the heart.  13Neither is there any creature invisible in the sight of it: but all things are naked and bare unto the eyes of him, of whom we speak.  14Seeing then that we have a great high priest which is entered into heaven (I mean Jesus the son of God) let us keep our profession. ([of our hope])  15For we have not an high priest, which cannot have compassion on our infirmities: but was in all points tempted, in like manner: but yet without sin.  

Hebrews 5:5-10
5Even so likewise Christ honored not himself, that he might be the high priest: but he glorified him that said unto him: thou art my son, this day begat I thee.  6As he also in another place speaketh: Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedech.  7Which in the days of his flesh, did offer up prayers and supplications, with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death: and was also heard, be cause he had God in reverence.  8And though he were God's son, yet learned he obedience, by those things which he suffered,  9and was made perfect, and the cause of eternal health unto all them that obey him:  10and is called of God the high priest, after the order of Melchisedech.  

Genesis 14:18-19
18Then Melchisedech king of Salem brought forth bread and wine. And he being the priest of the most highest God, blessed him saying:  19Blessed be Abram unto the most highest God, possessor of heaven and earth.  

Psalms 110:4
The LORD sware, and will not repent: Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

Colossians 2:2-6
2that their hearts might be comforted and knit together in love, and in all riches of full understanding, for to know the mystery of God the father and of Christ  3in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  4This I say lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.  5For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I present with you in the spirit joying and beholding the order that ye keep, and your steadfast faith in Christ.  6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesu the Lord, even so walk rooted and built in him,  

Colossians 3:2-4
2Set your affection on things that are above, and not on things which are on the earth.  3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.  4When Christ which is our life shall shew himself, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.  

Bears to mind:

Revelation 7:13-17
13And one of the seniors answered, saying unto me: what are these which are arrayed in long white garments, and whence came they?  14And I said unto him: Lord thou wottest. And he said unto me: these are they which came out of great tribulation and made their garments large, and made them white in the blood of the lamb:  15therefore are they in the presence of the seat of God and serve him day and night in his temple, and he that sitteth in the seat will dwell among them.  16They shall hunger no more neither thirst, neither shall the sun light on them, neither any heat.  17For the lamb which is in the midst of the seat, shall feed them, and shall lead them unto fountains of living water, and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.  

Revelation 21:3-8
3And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them and be their God.  4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, neither crying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the old things are gone.  5And he that sat upon the seat, said: Behold I make all things new. And he said unto me: write, for these words are faithful and true.  6And he said unto me: it is done I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning, and the end. I will give to him that is a thirst of the well of the water of life free.  7He that overcometh shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.  8But the fearful and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.  

Last edited by JAdmin on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:07 pm; edited 7 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Thrist,drink, freely Reply with quote

Re 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Nu 21:16 And from thence they went to Beer: that is the well whereof the LORD spake unto Moses, Gather the people together, and I will give them water.

1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

Ps 42:2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Ps 36:9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light

Pr 25:21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:

Ro 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Mr 9:41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

Isa 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Eze 16:9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

Joh 13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

1Jo 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: