DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Palm OS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Mobile Davar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aryeh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Palm OS Reply with quote

Hi, i love your dictonaryand use it on my pc allways.
But when i'm on the go i can't have it with me, soi was wondering if you could make (or port) a version for the palm OS?

thanks
aryeh
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: mDAVAR mobile Reply with quote

Hi Aryeh,

I don't know much about palm world. For running on Java platform, I created mDAVAR. It can be run on ALL Siemens phones with Java MIDP 1.0. For other devices, some changes must be done. Is your palm able to run Java midlets?
I'm afraid that porting Davar to other platform is out of my possibilities and time. I now work on Davar 3.0 and cannot split mind into two big projects. So, inform me please, if you can run Java programs on palm. Then we will see...

Andrei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: mDavar for SE Reply with quote

Hi,
mDavar is a very good dictionary.
Is there any way to install it on SonyEricsson T610?

Thanks
Andrei
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: >andrei Reply with quote

There is problem-some Java API is dpendend on mobile phone type. mDavar can handle dictionary file (open, read, close) and those functions are NOT in J2ME implemented. I was forced to use Siemens extension of Java. Maybe, they are compatible ib more phone types, but chance is quite small

So-you can try to install, but probably in will not possible to open file.

mihai

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Nokia6670 Reply with quote

Mr. Green
Work with nokia 6670?
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Nokia6670 Reply with quote

Try it, but it uses Siemens specific API for file access.
Josef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: woops Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi,

Ahh woops, now i get it.
sosi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: on NOKIA 6300 perfect Reply with quote

Hi!
It works perfectly on NOKIA 6300.
The only problem I discovered the sign " ' " (eg: I'll lose) shows a square (probably not displayable), although " I'll work " is properly displayed.
Thanks again, I enjoy using it. Very Happy
sosi
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Mobile Davar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: