DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jerusalem time is holy time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Jerusalem time is holy time Reply with quote

Here's an interesting topical document that offers a unique perspective on when the Holy Time actually be, along with a Spiritual Principile.

bruster774 wrote:

JERUSALEM TIME IS HOLY TIME

WHY SHOULD THIS BE IMPORTANT TO THE GENTILE BELIEVERS?

I do not advocate legalism, as Paul certainly spoke against it. However, the Gentile believers need to know that they are grafted-in along with the believing remnant of natural Isra'el by faith in Messiah. However, I believe that once Gentiles and Jews read about the Spiritual Principle behind this concept, they can and probably will joyfully desire to follow Jerusalem Time the way I advocate here, (even if they continue their devotions with their Churches on Sundays or Messianic Congregations on Saturdays).

WHEN IS THE TRUE SABBATH
AND OTHER HOLY DAYS?

While I place no divisions between I and other believers on this issue pertaining to The Seventh Day, I strongly believe that the time of The Sabbath and New Moon ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD begin and end from sundown to sundown JERUSALEM TIME. See Isaiah 66:23, and this is also Recorded in Scripture of Sukkot (Tabernacles). See Zecharyah 14:16,17. These two passages in Isaiah and Zekharyah speak of the end-times. Note the common thread that the whole world will not stay in their own localities in their nations and worship on these days, but rather they will come and worship THE LORD AT JERUSALEM! Also, even before the end-times, we can see this Principle in The Torah. In Leviticus 26:43, we can see that even when the people of Yisra'el are all out of The Land because of their disobedience to ELOHIM, that The Land will enjoy her Sabbaths even when it is empty! And, there are plenty of end-time passages besides the ones in Isaiah and Zecharyah I mentioned above that all have the common thread that the nations will be going to Jerusalem to worship! We can also see a General Principle of Isaiah 66:23 (The Sabbath and New Moons), and Zecharyah 14:16,17(Sukkot), that suggests we can and should apply this to ALL the Biblical Holy Days. However, one practicing this way would be doing so in vain if one does not seek to apply the underlying Spiritual Principle! By practicing this way, we are positively affirming to ELOHIM in faith that we have faith in His Glorious Eternal Promises to Yisra'el and His people, The Isra'elites! This is a Spiritual act of faith! When we pray and worship by Jerusalem Time on these days, we must seek the mindset that we are IN HARMONY with ELOHIM and the times He Appointed in The Bible, so that ALL the Jews and peoples of the world would be in harmony in prayer. I feel that when I pray that the Jews in Isra'el and around the world would come to know their Moshiach, Yehowshua, I feel somehow that I am over their with them praying silently along with them, because I am praying at G-d's Appointed Time. In other-words, I seek to be in Jerusalem Spiritually in my heart and mind during these times. (See also Romans 12:1, 2 about being transformed by the mind). We also know that in the end of the age. Yehowshua HaMoshiach will come back to Jerusalem and Reign from their, and from Tziyon will come the Torah to the whole world (Isaiah 2:3), and that ALL PEOPLES will go to it (Isaiah 2:2). Although The Great Day Of THE LORD has not happened yet, we can SPIRITUALLY go to Jerusalem now, and in HIS TIMES. And not out of legalism, (which Paul Spoke against), but joyfully in faith as an affirmation). B'rit Chadasha clearly Teaches that the Gentiles who believe in HaMoshaich are Spiritually Grafted-into the Jewish people--SPIRITUALLY, by faith in HaMoshiach, (Romans chapter 11, Galatians 3:28, 29, Ephesians 2:11-19).

A WORD ABOUT
"DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME"

I would caution and advocate that if you agree with me about The Holy Days, that you take absolutely no regard to following Daylight Savings Time when Jerusalem regards "DST". This is because "DST" was an invention by Benjamin Franklyn in the 1800s, and thus has absolutely no Biblical grounds for measuring Holy Time! Rather, you SHOULD take only your local DST into account, because when your local is in DST, then you are to regard the start and end of the Holy Days in Jerusalem one hour later, and when your own local is not in DST, then you are to regard when The Holy Times begin and end one hour earlier.

CAUTION ABOUT
THE NEW MOON

Sometimes and extra day is added on The Jewish calendar for people outside of The Holy Land. When this is the case, if you intend to follow like I do, then disregard, (usually) the first day that says it is the new moon and only regard the day that says it is the first day of the Jewish month, and not the first day that is the 29nth or 30th of the previous month. For the New Moon is the Day of the new month that says the first on the Hebrew calendar.

ALSO, REMEMBER THE DAY STARTS AT SUNDOWN AND ENDS AT SUNDOWN IN JERUSALEM

Keep this in-mind and adjust when The Holy Days start and end depending on your own local. To do this, you need to find out the difference in hours from your own local, and that of Jerusalem. This is very important if you are going practice like this. Bottom-line is that whenever the Holy Days begin and end IN JERUSALEM, this is the time when it starts and ends anywhere in the world, regardless of where we are located. I do not believe that The Holy Days are physical and floating around in the sky somewhere, waiting to get to us, or our localities waiting to get to where it is in the sky. I believe it is Spiritual.

USING A COMPUTER CALENDAR LIKE THE ONES I SUGGESTED IN THE LINKS BELOW IS A GOOD IDEA.

These, you can adjust to show you the monthly calendars and Holy Days to the locality of Jerusalem, which is great! If you want to figure out the time difference between where you are and Jerusalem, you can use the link I gave below for the world time server, which is a direct link to the time in Jerusalem. However, I caution you again that if you use this, be careful to find out if Jerusalem is in DST or Standard time. Also, if you use any of those two calendar programs below, always set it that Jerusalem time is always calculated in Standard time ONLY.

FINAL NOTE ABOUT THE
SPIRITUAL PRINCIPLE

I said above that the Spiritual Principil about being in solidarity with The Appointed Times of Elohim Time and the Holy City and its people should be the mind and heart-set. Dani'el 6:10 and I think a few other places in The Psalms advocates that we pray towards Jerusalem if we are not physically there! I do not feel this is a legalistic Law, but I believe practicing like this only can enhance the Spiritual meaning behind this whole concept.

THIS HALLEL CALENDAR

There are those that are critical that because the mainstreem traditional Jewish calendar is the Hallel calendar, with little Biblical basis to harmonize the solar calendar with the lunar calendar as they do, that thos who use it are going by wrong-time. However, I care not to get too far into these complex astronomical ussues, as I do not believe it is Spiritually healthy to go towards legalism. Furthermore, the technicalities of the calendar are extremely complex, and it seems that everyone has a different viewpoint on it. However, I believe that if the Spiritual Principles are applied that I encourage, then this issue basically disappears.

ANOTHER ISSUE:

Also, when one of these calendar software programs asks you in the preferences "minutes before sunset" on Sabbath times, I put it to "0" to calculate the EXACT TIMES of sundown, not the tradition of giving me the "candlelighting times", which is approximately 18 minutes earlier. I see no Biblical basis for that. I feel we are on safer ground by going by when Sundown is, because then we know for sure when it is actually the new Sabbath/Holy Day.

THE USEFUL LINKS:

World Time Server-Jerusalem Time: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/time.asp?locationid=IL&city=Jerusalem Unique Jewish Calendar With Many Features: http://www.tichnut.de/jewish/
Aish Kulach: http://www.aish.com/literacy/reference/AishLuach_%28Luach_means_-Calendar-_in_Hebrew%29.asp

Why Did Yehowshua Rise On The First Day Of The Week?

He rose on the first day of the week because the first Sunday after Passover is The Feast Of First Fruits
Of Harvest (Leviticus 23:10,11, 1st Corinthians 15:20-23), not "to change The Sabbath Day". All of the
Holy Days are relevant to Yehowshua in one way or another. This is because Yehowshua is the completeness-as in fulfillment (not abolishment), of G-d's Judaism. Keep in mind here that the word "Christianous" appearing in Acts 11:26 is the Greek equivelent of the ancient Hebrew word "moshiach", which appears in the Tanakh, ("Old
Testament". If did not mean "a new Religion" in the context of Acts 11:26, but a sect).

May G-d bless you richly in your studies and prayers.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: