DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Olive Trees

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Two Olive Trees Reply with quote

These passages come to attention in regards to the Two Olive Trees:

Zechariah 4:1-14
1And the angel that talked with me, came again, and waked me up, as a man that is raised out of his sleep,  2and said unto me: What seest thou? And I said: I have looked, and behold: a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon it, and his seven lamps therein, and upon every lamp seven stalks.  3And two olive trees thereby, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side.  4So I answered, and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying: O my lord what are these?  5The angel that talked with me answered and said unto me: knowest thou not what these be? And I said; No, my lord.  6He answered, and said unto me: This is the word of the LORD unto Zorobabel, saying: Neither thorow an host of men, nor thorow strength, but thorow my spirit, sayeth the LORD of Hosts.  7What art thou, thou great mountain, before Zorobabel? thou must be made even. And he shall bring up the first stone so that men shall cry unto him: good luck, good luck.  8Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying:  9The hands of Zorobabel have laid the foundation of this house, his hands also shall finish it: that ye may know, how that the LORD of Hosts hath sent me unto you.  10For he that hath been despised a little season, shall rejoice, when he seeth the tin weight in Zorobabel's hand. The seven eyes are the LORD's, which go thorow the whole world.  11Then answered I, and said unto him: What are these two olive trees upon the right and left side of the candlestick?  12I spake moreover, and said unto him: what be these two olive branches (which thorow the two golden pipes) empty themselves into the gold?  13He answered me, and said: knowest thou not, what these be? And I said: No, my lord.  14Then said he: These are the two olive branches, that stand before the ruler of the whole earth.  
Zechariah 5:1-11
1So I turned me, lifting up mine eyes, and looked, and behold, a flying book.  2And he said unto me: what seest thou? I answered: I see a flying book of twenty cubits long, and ten cubits broad.  3Then said he unto me: This is the curse, that goeth forth over the whole earth: for all thieves shall be judged after this book, and all swearers shall be judged according to the same,  4I will bring it forth (sayeth the LORD of Hosts) so that it shall come to the house of the thief, and to the house of him, that falsely sweareth by my name: and shall remain in his house, and consume it, with the timber and stones thereof.  5Then the angel that talked with me, went forth, and said unto me: lift up thine eyes and see what this is that goeth forth.  6And I said: what is it? He answered: this is a measure going out. He said moreover: Even thus are they (that dwell upon the whole earth) to look upon.  7And behold, there was lift up a talent of lead: and lo, a woman sat in the middest of the measure.  8And he said: This is ungodliness. So he cast her into the middest of the measure, and threw the lump of lead up in to an hole.   9Then lift I up mine eyes, and looked: and behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings (for they had wings like the wings of a stork) and they lift up the measure betwixt the earth and the heaven.  10Then spake I to the angel that talked with me: whither will these bear the measure?  11And he said unto me: in to the land of Sinear, to build them an house: which when it is prepared, the measure shall be set there in his place.  
* Sinear (or Shinar) is Babylon (Genesis 11:2-9)

Romans 11:1-25
1I say then: hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For even I verily am an Israelite of the seed of Abraham, and of the tribe of Benjamin;  2God hath not cast away his people which he knew before. Other wot ye not what the scripture saith by the mouth of Helias, how he spake to God against Israel, saying:  3Lord they have killed thy prophets and digged down thine altars: and I am left only, and they seek my death.   4But what saith the answer of God to him again? I have reserved unto me seven thousand men which have not bowed their knees to baal.  5Even so at this time is there a remnant left thorow the election of grace.  6If it be of grace then is it not by the deserving of works. For then were favour no more favour. If it be by the deserving of works, then is there no favour. For then were deserving no deserving.  7What then? Israel hath not obtained that that he sought. No but yet the election hath obtained it. The remnant are blinded,  8according as it is written: God hath given them the spirit of unquietness: eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear, even unto this day.  9And David saith: Let their table be made a snare to take them withal, and an occasion to fall, and a reward unto them.  10Let their eyes be blinded that they see not: and ever bow down their backs.  11I say then: Have they therefore stumbled that they should but fall only? God forbid: but thorow their fall is health happened unto the gentiles for to provoke them withal.  12Wherefore if the fall of them, be the riches of the world: and the minishing of them the riches of the gentiles: How much more should it be so if they all believed.   13I speak to you gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the gentiles I will magnify mine office  14that might provoke them which are my flesh: and might save some of them.  15For if the casting away of them, be the reconciling of the world: what shall the receiving of them be, but life again from death?  16For if one piece be holy, the whole heap is holy. And if the root be holy, the branches are holy also.  17Though some of the branches be broken off, and thou being a wild olive tree art graft in among them, and made partaker of the root, and fatness of the olive tree,  18boast not thyself against the branches. For if thou boast thyself, remember that thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.  19Thou wilt say then: the branches are broken off, that I might be graft in.  20Thou sayest well: because of unbelief they are broken off, and thou standest steadfast in faith. Be not high minded, but fear:  21seeing that God spared not the natural branches, lest haply he also spare not thee.  22Behold the kindness and rigorousness of God: on them which fell, rigorousness: but towards thee kindness, if thou continue in his kindness. Or else thou shalt be hewn off,  23and they if they bide not still in unbelief shall be grafted in again. For God is of power to graft them in again.  24For if thou wast cut out of a natural wild olive tree, and wast graffed contrary to nature in a true olive tree: how much more shall the natural branches be graffed in their own olive tree again.  25I would not that this secret should be hid from you my brethren (lest ye should be wise in your own conceits) that partly blindness is happened in Israel, until the fullness of the gentiles be come in.  

Revelation 11:1-13
1And then was given me a reed, like unto a rod, and it was said unto me: Rise and meet the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein,  2and the choir which is within the temple cast out, and meet it not: for it is given unto the gentiles, and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty two months.  3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.  4These are two olive trees, and two candlesticks, standing before the God of the earth.  5And if any man will hurt them, fire shall proceed out of their mouths, and consume their enemies. And if any man will hurt them, this wise must he be killed.  6These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophesying: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all manner plagues, as often as they will.  7And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that came out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them: and shall overcome, and kill them.  8And their bodies shall lie in the streets of the great city, which spiritually is called Zodom and Eygpt, where our Lord was crucified.  9And they of the people and kindreds, and tongues, and they of the nations, shall see their bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their bodies to be put in graves.  10And they that dwell upon the earth, shall rejoice over them and be glad, and shall send gifts one to another: for these two prophets vexed them that dwelt on the earth.  11And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them. And they stood up upon their feet: and great fear came upon them which saw them.  12And they heard a great voice from heaven, saying unto them. Come up hither. And they ascended up into heaven in a cloud, and their enemies saw them.  13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain names of men seven thousand and the remnant were feared, and gave glory to God of heaven.  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: