DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Armour of God

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: The Armour of God Reply with quote

Ephesians 6:11-20
11Put on the armour of God, that ye may stand steadfast against the crafty assaults of the devil.  12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood: but against rule, against power, and against worldly rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly things.  13For this cause take unto you the armour of God, that ye may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand perfect in all things.  14Stand therefore and your loins gird about with verity, having on the breastplate of righteousness,  15and shod with shoes prepared by the gospel of peace.  16Above all take to you the shield of faith, wherewith ye may quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  17And take the helmet of health, and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God,  18and pray always with all manner prayer and supplication: and that in the spirit: and watch thereunto with all instance and supplication for all saints,  19and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to utter the secrets of the gospel,  20whereof I am a messenger in bonds, that therein I may speak freely, as it becometh me to speak.  

Code:
Stand therefore and your loins gird about with verity,

\Ver"i*ty\, n.; pl. {Verities}. [F. v['e]rit['e], L. veritas, fr. verus true. [Very: {Veracious}, {Verdict}, {Verity}. True; real; actual; veritable.]
1. The quality or state of being true, or real; consonance of a statement, proposition, or other thing, with fact; truth; reality.
2. That which is true; a true assertion or tenet; a truth; a reality.

2Co 13:7 I desire before God that ye do none evil, not that we should seem commendable: but that ye should do, that which is honest: <good> and let us be counted as lewd persons.
2Co 13:8 We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Tit 3:8 This is a true saying. Of these things I would thou shouldest certify, <|speak earnestly|> that they which believe God, might be studious <diligent> to go forward <|to excell|> in good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Code:
having on the breastplate of righteousness,

Matthew 5:1-48
1When he saw the people he went up into a mountain, and when he was set, his disciples came to him,  2and he opened his mouth, and taught them saying:  3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.  5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.  6Blessed are they which hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall be filled.  7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.  8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.  9Blessed are the maintainers of peace: for they shall be called the children of God.  10Blessed are they which suffer persecution for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  11Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall falsely say all manner of evil sayings against you for my sake.  12Rejoice, and be glad, for great is your reward in heaven. For so persecuted they the prophets which were before your days.  13Ye are the salt of the earth: but and if the salt be once unsavory, what can be salted there with? It is thence forth good for nothing, but to be cast out at the doors, and that men tread it under feet.  14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill, cannot be hid,  15neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick, and it lighteth all them which are in the house.  16See that your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.  17Ye shall not think, that I am come to disannul the law, other the prophets: no I am not come to disannul them, but to fulfil them.  18For truly I say unto you, till heaven and earth perish, one jot, or one tittle of the law shall not scape, till all be fulfilled.  19Whosoever breaketh one of these least commandments, and teacheth men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But whosoever shall observe and teach them, that person shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.  20For I say unto you except your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the scribes and pharisees, ye cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven.  21Ye have heard how it was said unto them of the old time: Thou shalt not kill. Whosoever shall kill, shall be in danger of judgement.  22But I say unto you, whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of judgement. Whosoever shall say unto his brother raca, shall be in danger of a council. But whosoever say unto his brother thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.  23Therefore when thou offerest thy gift at the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath anything against thee:  24leave there thine offering before the altar, and go thy way first and reconcile thyself to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.  25Agree with thine adversary at once, whiles thou art in the way with him, lest thine adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the minister, and then thou be cast into prison.  26 I say unto thee verily: thou shalt not come out thence till thou have paid the utmost farthing.  27Ye have heard how it was said to them of old time, thou shalt not commit advoutry.  28But I say unto you, that whosoever eyeth a wife, lusting after her, hath committed advoutry with her already in his heart.  29Wherefore if thy right eye offend thee, pluck him out, and cast him from thee. Better it is for thee that one of thy members perish than that thy whole body should be cast into hell.  30Also if thy right hand offend thee, cut him off and cast him from thee. Better it is that one of thy members perish, than that all thy body should, be cast in to hell.  31It is said, whosoever put away his wife, let him give her a testimonial of her divorcement.  32But I say unto you: whosoever put away his wife, (except it be for fornication) causeth her to break matrimony. And whosoever marrieth her that is divorced, breaketh wedlock.  33Again ye have heard, how it was said to them of old time, thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform thine oath to God.  34But I say unto you swear not at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's seat:   35nor yet by the earth, for it is his footstool: Neither by Jerusalem, for it is the city of that great King:  36neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one white hair, or black:  37But your communication shall be, yea, yea: nay, nay. For whatsoever is more than that, cometh of evil.  38Ye have heard how it is said, an eye for an eye: a tooth for a tooth.  39But I say to you, that ye withstand not wrong. But if a man give thee a blow on thy right cheek, turn to him the other.  40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take thy coat from thee, let him have thy cloak also.  41And whosoever will compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.  42Give to him that asketh: and from him that would borrow turn not away.  43Ye have heard how it is said: thou shalt love thine neighbor, and hate thine enemy.  44But I say unto you, love your enemies. Bless them that curse you. Do good to them that hate you. Pray for them which do you wrong, and persecute you,  45that ye may be the children of your heavenly father: for he maketh his sun to arise, on the evil, and on the good, and sendeth his rain on the just and unjust.  46For if ye shall love them, which love you: what reward shall ye have? Do not the publicans even so?  47And if ye be friendly to your brethren only: what singular thing do ye? Do not the publicans likewise?  48Ye shall therefore be perfect, even as your heavenly father is perfect.  
Matthew 6:1-34
1Take heed to your alms. That ye give it not in the sight of men, to the intent that ye would be seen of them. Or else ye get no reward of your father in heaven.  2Whensoever therefore thou givest thine alms, thou shalt not make a trumpet to be blown before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues, and in the streets, for to be praised of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.  3But when thou doest thine alms, let not thy left hand know, what thy right hand doth,  4that thine alms may be secret, and thy father which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.  5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues, and in the corners of the streets, because they would be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.  6But when thou prayest, enter into thy chamber, and shut thy door to thee, and pray to thy father which is in secret: and thy father which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.  7But when ye pray, babble not much, as the gentiles do: for they think that they shall be heard, for their much babbling's sake.  8Be ye not like them therefore. For your father knoweth whereof ye have need, before ye ask of him.  9After this manner therefore pray ye. O our father, which art in heaven hallowed be thy name.  10Let thy kingdom come. Thy will be fulfilled, as well in earth, as it is in heaven.  11Give us this day our daily bread.  12And forgive us our trespasses, even as we forgive them which trespass us.  13 Lead us not in to temptation: but deliver us from evil, [For thine is the kingdom and the power, and the glory for ever.] Amen.  14For and if ye shall forgive other men their trespasses, your father in heaven shall also forgive you. ([your trespasses])  15But and ye will not forgive men their trespasses, no more shall, your father forgive your trespasses.  16Moreover when ye fast, be not sad as the hypocrites are. For they disfigure their faces, that it might appear unto men that they fast. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.  17But thou when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face,  18that it appear not unto men how that thou fastest: but unto thy father which is in secret: and thy father which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.  19 Gather not treasure together on earth, where rust and moths corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal.  20But gather ye treasures together in heaven, where neither rust, nor yet moths corrupt: and where thieves neither break up, nor yet steal.  21For wheresoever your treasure is, there are your hearts also.   22The light of the body is thine eye. Wherefore if thine eye be single, all thy body is full of light.  23But and if thine eye be wicked, then is all thy body full of darkness. Wherefore if the light that is in thee, be darkness: how great is that darkness?  24No man can serve two masters. For either he shall hate the one, and love the other: or else he shall lean to the one, and despise that other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.  25Therefore I say unto you, be not careful for your life what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, nor yet for your body, what raiment ye shall wear. Is not the life more worth than meat? and the body more of value than raiment?  26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither reap, nor yet carry into the barns, and yet your heavenly father feedeth them. Are ye not better than they?  27Which of you (though he took thought therefore) could put one cubit unto his stature?  28And why care ye then for raiment? Behold the lilies of the field, how they grow. They labor not, neither spin.  29And yet for all that I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his royalty, was not arrayed like unto one of these.  30Wherefore if God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow shall be cast into the furnace: shall he not much more do the same unto you, O ye of little faith?  31Therefore take no thought saying: what shall we eat, or what shall we drink, or wherewith shall we be clothed?  32(After all these things seek the gentiles) For your heavenly father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.  33But rather seek ye first the kingdom of heaven, and the righteousness thereof, and all these things shall be ministered unto you.  34Care not therefore for the day following. For the day following shall care for itself. Each days trouble is sufficient for the same self day.  
Matthew 7:1-29
1Judge not lest ye be judged. ([comdemn not and ye shall not and be condemned])  2For as ye judge, so shall ye be judged. And with what measure ye mete, with the same shall it be measured to you again.  3Why seest thou a mote in thy brother's eye, and perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?  4Or why sayest thou to thy brother: ([Brother]) suffer me to pluck out a mote out of thine eye, and behold a beam is in thine own eye.  5Hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pluck out the mote out of thy brother's eye.  6Give not that which is holy to dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they tread them under their feet, and the other turn again and all to rent you.  7Ask and it shall be given you: Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.  8For whosoever asketh receiveth, and he that seeketh findeth, and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.  9Is there any man among you which would proffer his son a stone if he asked him bread?   10Or if he asked fish, would he proffer him a serpent?  11If ye then which are evil, can give to your children good gifts: how much more shall your father, which is in heaven, give good things, to them that ask of him?  12Therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, even so do ye to them. This is the law and the prophets.  13Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction: and many there be, which go in thereat.  14For strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life: and few there be, that find it.  15Beware of false prophets, which come to you, in sheeps' clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.  16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns? Or figs of briars?   17Even so every good tree, bringeth forth good fruit. But a corrupt tree, bringeth forth evil fruit.  18A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit: nor yet a bad tree can bring forth good fruit.  19Every tree, that bringeth not forth good fruit, shall be hewn down, and cast into the fire.  20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  21Not all they that say unto me, master, master, shall enter in to the kingdom of heaven: but he that fulfilleth my father's will which is in heaven. ([He shall enter in to the kingdom of heaven])  22Many will say to me in that day, Master, master, have we not in thy name prophesied? and in thy name have we not cast out devils? and in thy name have we not done many miracles.  23And then will I knowledge unto them, that I never knew them. Depart from me, ye workers of iniquity.  24Whosoever heareth of me these sayings, and doeth the same, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house on a rock:  25and abundance of rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that same house, and it was not overthrown because it was grounded on the rock.  26And whosoever heareth of me these sayings, and doth not the same, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand,  27and abundance of rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house, and it was overthrown, and great was the fall of it.  28And it came to pass, that when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonied at his doctrine.  29For he taught them as one having power, and not as the scribes. ([of them, and the Pharises])  

Code:
and shod with shoes prepared by the gospell of peace.

GOSPELL : (v.) exact original spelling; (--as in "go" & "spell"Wink As to spell forth a good saying, glad speech; to tell the joy-full letters thereof. Gospel, (n.) [other: Godspell; God + spell : his letters, promises, & true story. The glad tidings; that is, the good news of Christ the Lord who came in the flesh and died for our sins, whom God his father rose from the dead, and will rise all the dead at the last trompe; the soon coming Kingdom of God, and eternal health.

Luke 24:44-47
44And he said unto them: These are the words, which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you: that all must be fulfilled which were written of me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms.  45Then opened he their wits, that they might understand the scriptures,  46and said unto them: Thus is it written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise again from death the third day.  47And that repentance, and remission of sins, should be preached in his name among all nations. And the beginning must be at Jerusalem.  

1 Corinthians 15:3-8
3For first of all I delivered unto you that which I received: how that Christ died for our sins, agreeing to the scriptures:  4and that he was buried, and that he arose again the third day according to the scriptures:  5and that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve;  6After that he was seen of more than five hundred brethren at once: of which many remain unto this day, and many are fallen asleep.  7After that appeared he to James, then to all the apostles.  8And last of all he was seen of me, as of one that was born out of due time.  

Code:
Above all take to you the shield of faith, wherewith ye may quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Heb 11:1 Faith is a sure confidence of things which are hoped for, and a certainty of things which are not seen.
Heb 11:2 By it the elders were well reported of.
Heb 11:3 Thorow faith we understand that the world was ordained, by the word of God: That by the means of things which appear, things which are invisible might be known. <and that things which are seen, were made of things which are not seen.>
Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more plenteous sacrifice than Cain: by which, he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: by which also he being dead, yet speaketh.
Heb 11:5 By faith was Enoch translated <|taken away|> that he should not see death: neither was he found: for God had taken him away. Before he was taken away, he obtained record, <was reported of> that he had pleased God:
Heb 11:6 but without faith it is unpossible to please him. For he that cometh to God, must believe that God is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek him.
Heb 11:7 By faith Noah honoured God, after that he was warned of things which were not seen, and prepared the ark to the saving of his household, thorow the which ark he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which cometh by faith.
Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called obeyed to go out into a place, which he should afterward receive to inheritance, and he went out, not knowing whither he should go.
Heb 11:9 By faith he removed <|was he a stranger|> into the land that was promised him, as into a strange country, and dwelt in tabernacles: and so did Isaac, and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise.
Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city having a foundation, whose builder and maker is God.
Heb 11:11 Thorow <|By|> faith Sara also received strength to be with child, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful <|to be faithfull|> which had promised.
Heb 11:12 And therefore sprang there of <thereof> one (and of one which was as good as dead) so many in multitude, as the stars of the sky, and as the sand of the sea shore which is innumerable.
Heb 11:13 And they all died in <|these died according to|> faith, and received not the promises: but saw them afar off, and believed them, and saluted them: and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the <|upon|> earth.
Heb 11:14 They that say such things, declare that they seek a country. <|a naturall country|>
Heb 11:15 Also if they had been mindful of that country, from whence they came, <[out]> they had leisure to have returned again.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better, that is to say a celestial. <heavenly.> Wherefore God is not ashamed of them, even to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Heb 11:17 In <By> faith Abraham offered up Isaac, when he was tempted, and he offered him being <|and gave over|> his only <[begotten]> son, in whom he <which> had received the promises:
Heb 11:18 Of whom it was said, in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
Heb 11:19 for he considered, that God was able to raise up again from death. <|the dead|> Wherefore received he him, as an ensample <Wherefore received he him, for an ensample> of the resurrection.
Heb 11:20 In faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau, as concerning things to come.
Heb 11:21 By faith Jacob when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph, and worshipped on the top of his sceptre. <bowed himself toward the top of his scepter,>
Heb 11:22 By faith Joseph when he died, remembered the departing of the children of Israel, and gave commandment of his bones.
Heb 11:23 By faith Moses when he was born, was hid three months of his father and mother, because they saw he was a proper child: neither feared they the king's commandment.
Heb 11:24 By faith Moses when he was of a great age, <when he was great> refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter,
Heb 11:25 and chose rather to suffer adversity with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season,
Heb 11:26 and esteemed the rebuke of Christ greater riches, than the treasure of Egypt. For he had a respect unto the reward.
Heb 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, and feared not the fierceness of the king. For he endured, even as he had seen him which is invisible.
Heb 11:28 Thorow faith he ordained the ester lamb, and the effusion of blood, lest he that destroyed <|slew|> the first born should touch them.
Heb 11:29 By faith they passed thorow the reed sea as by dry land, which when the egyptians had assayed to do, they were drowned.
Heb 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were compassed about, seven days.
Heb 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, <unbelievers> after <when> she had received the spies to lodging peaceably.
Heb 11:32 And what shall I more say, the time would be too short for me to tell of Gideon, of Barach, and of Samson, and of Jephthae. Also of David and Samuel, and of the prophets,
Heb 11:33 which thorow faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained the promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Heb 11:34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, of weak were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, <|became valiant in battle|> turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Heb 11:35 <[And]> The women received their dead raised to life again. Other <others> were racked, and would not be delivered, that they might receive <|obtain|> a better resurrection.
Heb 11:36 Other <others> tasted of mockings, and scourgings, moreover of bonds and prisonment:
Heb 11:37 were stoned, were hewn asunder, were tempted, were slain with swords, walked up and down <|went about|> in sheep skins, in goat skins, in need, tribulation, and vexation,
Heb 11:38 which the world was not worthy of: They wandered in wilderness, in mountains, in dens and caves of the earth.
Heb 11:39 And these all thorow faith obtained good report, and received not the promise;
Heb 11:40 God providing a better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Code:
And take the helmet of health,<salvation>

Ro 8:24 For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is no hope. For how can a man hope for that which he seeth?
Ro 8:25 but and if we hope for that we see not, then do we with <|thorow|> patience abide for it.
Ro 8:26 Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities. For we know not, what to desire as we ought: but the spirit maketh intercession mightily for us with groanings which cannot be expressed with tongue.
Ro 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the meaning <|mind|> of the spirit: for he maketh intercession for the saints according to the pleasure of God.
Ro 8:28 For we know well that all things work <|serve|> for the best unto them that love God, which also are called of purpose.

Ro 8:38 Yea and I am sure that neither death, neither life, neither angel, <angels> nor rule, neither power, neither things present, neither things to come,
Ro 8:39 neither height, neither lowth, neither any other creature shall be able to depart us from God's love, <the love of God> which is <shewed> in Christ Jesu our Lord.

1Jo 4:19 We love him, for <because> he loved us first.

Code:
and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God,

Heb 4:12 for the word of God is quick, and mighty in operation, and sharper than any two edged sword: and entereth through, even unto the dividing a sunder of the soul and the spirit and of the joints, and the mary: and judgeth the thoughts and the intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature invisible in the sight of it: but <.For> all things are naked and bare unto the eyes of him, of whom we speak.
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest which is entered into heaven (I mean Jesus the son of God) let us keep <hold> our profession. ([of our hope])
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest, which cannot have compassion on our infirmities: but was in all points tempted, in like manner: <as we are:> but yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore go boldly unto the seat of grace, that we may receive mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Code:
Pray, Pray, Pray

Philippians 4:5-9
5Let your softness be known unto all men. The Lord is even at hand.  6Be not careful: but in all things shew your petition unto God in prayer and supplication with giving of thanks.  7And the peace of God which passeth all understanding keep your hearts, and minds in Christ Jesu.  8Furthermore brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, ([of learning]) those same have ye in your mind,  9which ye have both learned and received, heard and also seen in me: those things do, and the God of peace shall be with you.  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: