DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Morning Star

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: The Morning Star Reply with quote

Numbers 24:17
I see him but not now, I behold him but not nigh. There shall come a star of Jacob and rise a scepter of Israel, which shall smite the coasts of Moab and undermine all the children of Seth.

Matthew 2:1-16
1When Jesus was born in Bethlehem a town of Jury, in the time of king Herod. Behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem  2saying: Where is he that is born king of the Jews? We have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.  3Herod the king, after he had heard this, was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him,  4and he sent for all the chief priests and scribes of the people, and demanded of them where Christ should be born.  5 They said unto him: in Bethlehem a town of Jury. For thus it is written by the prophet:  6And thou Bethlehem in the land of Jury, shalt not be the least as pertaining to the princes of Juda. For out of thee shall come a captain, which shall govern my people Israel.  7Then Herod privily called the wise men, and diligently enquired of them, the time of the star that appeared.  8And sent them to Bethlehem saying: when ye be come thither search diligently for the child. And when ye have found him bring me word, that I may come and worship him also.  9When they had heard the king, they departed, and lo the star which they saw in the east went before them, until it came and stood over the place where the child was.  10When they saw the star, they were marvelously glad.  11And entered into the house, and found the child with Mary his mother, and kneeled down and worshipped him, and opened their treasures, and offered unto him gifts, gold, frankincense, and myrrh.  12And after they were warned in their sleep, that they should not go again to Herod, they returned into their own country another way.  13After that they were departed, lo the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in his sleep saying: arise and take the child and his mother, and fly into Egypt, and abide there till I bring thee word. For Herod will seek the child to destroy him.  14Then he arose, and took the child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt,  15and was there unto the death of Herod, to fulfil that which was spoken of the Lord, by the prophet, which saith: out of Egypt have I called my son.  16Then Herod perceiving that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, as many as were two year old and under, according to the time which he had diligently searched out of the wise men.  

Luke 1:78-79
78Through the tender mercy of our Lord, wherewith hath visited us the day spring from on high:  79To give light to them that sat in darkness, and in shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.  

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus sent mine angel, to testify unto you these things in the congregations. I am the root and the generation of David, and the bright morning star.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: