DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The son of David & Abraham

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: The son of David & Abraham Reply with quote

Iesu Christ came from to the seed of Abraham according to the promise. And thus we must first come in love to the spiritual grounds of Calvary whom Abraham first set foot by faith in the promise of the Messiah who would deliver even from death.

Genesis 49:10
The sceptre shall not depart from Juda, nor a ruler from between his legs, until Silo come, unto whom the people shall hearken.

Code:
Isa 11:1 After this there shall come a rod forth of the Kindred of Jesse, and a blossom out of his root.<WT: There shall come a rod out of the stock of Jesse, and a branch shall spring out of his root.>
Isa 11:2 The spirit of the LORD shall light it: the spirit of wisdom, and understanding: the spirit of counsel, and strength: the spirit of knowledge, and of the fear of God:<WT: And on him shall light the spirit of the LORD: the spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the spirit of counsel and of strength, the spirit of know!edge and of reverence, and it shall make him savour of the fear of the LORde.>
Isa 11:3 and shall make him fervent in the fear of GOD. For he shall not give sentence, after the thing that shall be brought before his eyes, neither reprove a matter at the first hearing:<WT: And he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes: neither shall rebuke after the hearing of his ears.>
Isa 11:4 but with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and with holiness shall he reform the simple of the world. He shall smite the world with the staff of his mouth, and with the breath of his mouth shall he slay the wicked.<WT: But he shall judge the causes of the poor with righteousness, and shall rebuke with equity for the humble of the earth. And he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall slay the wicked.>
Isa 11:5 Righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, truth and faithfulness, the girding up of his reins.<WT: And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.>

The Messiah is also a DESCENDENT OF DAVID according to the holy spirit of God in the flesh.

Psalms 68:20
The God that is our Saviour, even GOD the Lord by whom we escape death.

Matthew 1:1-23
1This is the book of the generation of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son also of Abraham.  2Abraham begat Isaac: Isaac begat Jacob: Jacob begat Judas and his brethren:  3Judas begat Phares and Zaram of Thamar: Phares begat Esrom: Esrom begat Aram:  4Aram begat Aminadab: Aminadab begat Naasson: Naasson begat Salmon:  5Salmon begat Boos of Rahab: Boos begat Obed of Ruth: Obed begat Jesse:  6Jesse begat David the king: David the king begat Solomon, of her that was the wife of Ury:  7Solomon begat Roboam: Roboam begat Abia: Abia begat Asa:  8Asa begat Josaphat: Josaphat begat Joram: Joram begat Osias:  9Osias begat Joatham: Joatham begat Athas: Athas begat Ezechias:  10Ezechias begat Manasses: Manasses begat Amon: Amon begat Josias:  11Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren about the time of the captivity of Babylon.  12 After they were led captive to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel: Salathiel begat Zorobabel:  13Zorobabel begat Abiud: Abiud begat Eliachim: Eliachim begat Azor:  14Azor begat Sadoc: Sadoc begat Achin: Achin begat Eliud:  15Eliud begat Eleasar: Eleasar begat Matthan: Matthan begat Jacob:  16Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born that Jesus which is called Christ.  17All the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations. And from David unto the captivity of Babylon, are fourteen generations. And from the captivity of Babylon unto Christ, are also fourteen generations.  18The birth of Christ was on this wise, when his mother Mary was married unto Joseph, before they came to dwell together, she was found with child by the holy ghost.  19Then her husband Joseph being a perfect man, and loth to defame her, was minded to put her away secretly.  20While he thus thought, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in sleep saying: Joseph the son of David, fear not to take unto thee, Mary thy wife. For that which is conceived in her, is of the holy ghost.  21She shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus. For he shall save his people from their sins.  22All this was done to fulfil that which was spoken of the Lord, by the prophet saying:  23Behold a maid shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shalt call his name Emmanuel, which is as much to say, by interpretation, as God with us.  

Code:
? A Psalm of David.
The LORD said unto my Lord: Sit thou on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The LORD shall send the rod of thy power out of Sion, be thou ruler even in the middest among thine enemies. In the day of thy power shall thy people offer the freewill offerings with an holy worship, the dew of thy birth is of the womb of the morning. The LORD sware, and will not repent: Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.
? The Lord upon thy right hand, shall smite even kings in the day of his wrath. He shall be judge among the Heathen, he shall fill them with dead bodies, and smite in sunder the heads over divers countries. He shall drink of the brook in the way, therefore shall he lift up his head.

Yea, the Messiah himself acknowledged amongst the Jews:
Matthew 22:41-45
41While the pharisees were gathered together Jesus asked them  42saying: What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? they said unto him: The son of David.  43He said unto them: How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying?  44The Lord said to my Lord, sit on my right hand: till I make thine enemies thy footstool.  45If David call him Lord: How is he then his son?  

Last edited by JAdmin on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some allege that Matthew 1-17 has some conflict with the geneology according to the old Testament like 1 Chronicles 1,2,3.
Of course the only conflict is with the imagination asking the wrong question.

According to the Matthew account, it records the Messiah's genealogy from Joseph the husband of Mary, that is: the passing on of a KINGSHIP and pertaining to a very spritual matter as it is evidently noted in the beginning of Matthew "This is the book of the generation of Ihesus Christ the son of David, the son also of Abraham."
For thus saith Christ the Lord:
"my kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world then would my ministers surely fight, that I should not be delivered to the jews, but now is my kingdom not from hence." John 18:36

That brings to attention:
? He put forth a similitude unto them, signifying that men ought always to pray, and not to be weary, saying: There was a Judge in a certain city, which feared not God neither regarded man. And there was a certain widow in the same city, which came unto him saying: Avenge me of mine adversary. And a great while he would not. Afterward he said unto himself: Though I fear not God, nor care for man, yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest at the last she come, and rail on me.
? And the Lord said: hear what the unrighteous judge sayeth. And shall not God avenge his elect, which cry night and day unto him? Yea though he defer them: I tell you, he will avenge them, and that quickly. Nevertheless, when the son of man cometh, suppose ye, that he shall find faith on earth. (Luke 18:1-8)

Ac 13:26 Ye men and brethren, children of the GENERATION OFf ABRAHAM, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is this word of health<salvation> sent.

? I Iesus sent mine angel, to testify unto you these things in the congregations. I am the ROOTE and the GENERATION OF DAVID, and the bright morning star. And the spirit and the bride said come. And let him that heareth, say also come. And let him that is a thirst come. And let whosoever will, take of the water of life free. (Book of Revelation 22:16-17)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: