DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We hear a terrible cry, fear and disquietness...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: We hear a terrible cry, fear and disquietness... Reply with quote

Jeremiah 30:5-24
5Thus sayeth the LORD: We hear a terrible cry, fear and disquietness.  6For what else doth this signify, that I see? Namely, that all strong men smite, every man his hand upon his loins, as a woman in the pain of her travail. Who ever saw a man travail with child? Enquire thereafter, and see. Yea all their faces are marvelous pale.  7Alas for this day, which is so dreadful, that none may be likened unto it: and alas for the time of Jacob's trouble, from the which he shall yet be delivered.  8For in that day, sayeth the LORD, I will take his yoke from off thy neck, and break thy bonds. They shall no more serve strange gods under him,  9but they shall do service unto God their LORD, and to David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.  10And as for thee, O my servant Jacob, fear not (sayeth the LORD) and be not afraid, O Israel. For lo, I will help thee also from far, and thy seed from the land of their captivity. And Jacob shall turn again, he shall be in rest, and have a prosperous life, and no man shall make him afraid.  11For I am with thee, to help thee, sayeth the LORD. And though I shall destroy all the people, among whom I have scattered thee, yet will I not destroy thee, but correct thee, and that with discretion. For I know, that thou art in no wise without fault.   12Therefore thus sayeth the LORD: I am sorry for thy hurt and wounds.  13There is no man to meddle with thy cause: or to bind up thy wounds: there may no man help thee.  14All thy lovers have forgotten thee, and care nothing for thee. For I have given thee a cruel stroke, and chastened thee roughly: and that for the multitude of thy misdeeds, for thy sins have had the over hand.  15Why makest thou moan for thy harm? I myself have pity of thy sorrow, but for the multitude of thy misdeeds and sins, I have done this unto thee.  16And therefore all they that devour thee, shall be devoured, and all thine enemies shall be led in to captivity. All they that make thee waste, shall be wasted themselves: and all those that rob thee, will I make also to be robbed.  17For I will give thee thy health again and make thy wounds whole, sayeth the LORD: because they reviled thee, as one cast away and despised, O Sion.  18For thus sayeth the LORD: Behold, I will set up Jacob's tents again, and defend his dwelling place. The city shall be builded in her old estate, and their houses shall have their right foundation.  19And out of them shall go thanksgiving, and the voice of joy. I will multiply them, and they shall not minish: I shall endue them with honour, and no man shall subdue them.  20Their children shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall continue in my sight. And all those that vex them, will I visit.  21A captain also shall come of them, and a prince shall spring out from the middest of them: him will I challenge to myself, and he shall come unto me. For what is he, that giveth over his heart to come unto me? sayeth the LORD.  22Ye shall be my people also, and I will be your God.  23Behold, on the other side shall the wrath of the LORD break out as a stormy water, as a mighty whirl wind: and shall fall upon the heads of the ungodly.  24The terrible displeasure of the LORD shall not leave off, until he have done, and performed the intent of his heart, which in the latter days ye shall understand.  

Isaiah 28:21-29
21For the LORD shall step forth as he did upon the mount Perazim, and shall take on as he did upon the dale of Gabaon: that he may bring forth his device, his strange device: and fulfill his work, his wonderful work.  22And therefore make no mocks at it, that your captivity increase not: for I have heard the Lord GOD of Hosts say, that there shall come a sudden destruction and plague upon the whole earth.  23Take heed, and hear my voice, ponder and mark my words well.  24Goeth not the husbandman ever in due season earnestly to his land? He moweth and ploweth his ground to sow.  25And when he hath made it plain, he soweth it with fetches or comin. He soweth the wheat and Barley in their place, Milium and Rye also in their place.  26And that he may do it right, his God teacheth him and sheweth him.  27For he treadeth not the fitches out with a waine, neither bringeth he the cart here and there over the comin, but he thresheth the fitches out with a flayle, and the comin with a rod.  28As for the wheat, he grindeth it to make bread thereof; In as much as he can not bring it to pass with treading out. For neither the bruising that the cart wheels make, nor his beasts can grind it.  29This and such like things come of the LORD of Hosts which is marvelous in counsel, and great in righteousness.  

Isaiah 29:8-14
8It is like as when an hungry man dreameth that he is eating, and when he awaketh, he hath nothing: like as when a thirsty man dreameth that he is drinking, and when he awaketh he is faint, and his soul unpatient. So is the multitude of all people that muster themselves against the hill of Sion.  9But ye shall be at your wits end, ye shall be abashed: ye shall stagger, and reel to and fro. Ye shall be drunken, but not of wine. Ye shall fall, but not thorow drunkenness:  10For the LORD shall give you an hard sleeping spirit, and hold down your eyes: namely your Prophets and heads which should see, them shall he cover.  11And all visions shall be unto you, as the words that stand in a sealed letter, when one offereth it to a man that is learned, and sayeth: read us this letter. Then he answereth: I can not read it, for it is shut.  12But if it be given to one that is not learned, or say unto him: read this letter: Then sayeth he I can not read.  13Therefore thus sayeth the Lord: For so much as this people draweth nigh me with their mouth, and praiseth me highly with their lips, where as their heart nevertheless is far from me, and the fear which they owe unto me, that turn they to men's laws and doctrines,  14therefore will I also shew unto this people a marvelous, terrible, and great thing (Namely this:) I will destroy the wisdom of their wise, and the understanding of their learned men shall perish.  

Habakkuk 1:5
Behold among the Heathen, and look well: wonder at it, and be abashed: For I will do a thing in your time, which though it be told you, ye shall not believe.

Jeremiah 8:7-9
7The Stork knoweth his appointed time, the Turtledove, the Swallow and the Crane consider the time of their travail: but my people will not know the time of the punishment of the LORD.  8How dare ye say then: we are wise, we have the law of the LORD among us? Behold, the deceitful pen of the scribes, setteth forth lies:  9therefore shall the wise be confounded, they shall be afraid and taken: for lo, they have cast out the word of the LORD: what wisdom can then be among them?  

Jeremiah 49:7
Upon the Edomites hath the LORD of Hosts spoken on this manner: Is there no wisdom in Thema? Is there no more good counsel among his people? Is their wisdom then turned clean to naught?

Obadiah 1:8
Shall not I at the same time destroy the wise men of Edom, and those that have understanding, from the mount of Esau?

Luke 1:46-55
46And Mary said: My soul magnifieth the Lord.  47And my spirit rejoiceth in God my saviour:  48For he hath looked on the poor degree of his handmaiden. Behold now from hence forth shall all generations call me blessed.  49For he that is mighty hath done to me great things, and blessed is his name.  50And his mercy is always on them that fear him thorowout all generations.  51He hath shewed strength with his arm, he hath scattered them that are proud in the imagination of their hearts.  52He hath put Down the mighty from their seats, and hath exalted them of low degree.  53He hath filled the hungry with good things: And hath sent away the rich empty.  54He hath remembered mercy: and hath holpen his servant Israel.  55Even as he promised to our fathers, Abraham and to his seed for ever.  

Luke 10:1-42
1After that, the Lord appointed other seventy ([and two]) also, and sent them, two and two, before his face, into every city, and place, whither he himself would come.  2And said unto them: the harvest is great: but the laborers are few. Pray therefore the Lord of the harvest, to send forth laborers into his harvest.  3Go your ways. Behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.  4Bear no wallet, neither scrip, nor shoes, and salute no man by the way.  5In whatsoever house ye enter in, first say: Peace be to this house.  6And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon him, if not, it shall return to you again.  7And in the same house tarry still eating and drinking, such as they have. For the laborer is worthy of his reward. Go not from house to house:  8and into whatsoever city ye enter, if they receive you, eat whatsoever is set before you,  9and heal the sick that are there, and say unto them: the kingdom of God is come nigh upon you.  10But into whatsoever city ye shall enter, if they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say:  11even the very dust, which cleaveth on us of your city, we wipe off against you: Notwithstanding, mark this, that the kingdom of God was come nigh upon you.  12Yea and I say unto you: that it shall be easier in that day, for Sodom than for that city.  13Woe be to thee Chorazin: woe be to thee Bethsaida. For if the miracles had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while agone repented, sitting in hair and ashes.  14Nevertheless it shall be easier for Tyre and Sidon, at the judgement, than for you.  15And thou Capernaum which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell;  16whosoever heareth you, heareth me: And whosoever despiseth you, despiseth me. And he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me.  17 The seventy returned again with joy saying: Lord even the very devils are subdued to us thorow thy name.  18And he said unto them: I saw sathan, as it had been lightning, fall down from heaven.  19Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents, and scorpions, and upon all manner power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.  20Nevertheless, in this rejoice not, that the spirits are under your power: But rejoice because your names are written in heaven.  21That same time rejoiced Jesus in the spirit, and said: I praise thee father Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast opened them to the foolish. Even so father, for so pleased it thee.  22All things are given me of my father. And no man knoweth who the son is, but the father: neither who the father is, save the son, and he to whom the son will shew him.  23And he turned to his disciples, and said secretly: Happy are the eyes, which see that ye see.  24For I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them: And to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them:  25And mark; A certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him saying: Master what shall I do, to inherit eternal life?  26He said unto him: What is written in the law? How readest thou?  27And he answered and said: Thou shalt love thy Lord God, with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind: and thy neighbor as thyself.  28And he said unto him: Thou hast answered right. This do and thou shalt live.  29He willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus: Who is then my neighbor?  30Jesus answered and said: A certain man descended from Jerusalem into Jericho; And fell into the hands of thieves, which robbed him of his raiment and wounded him, and departed leaving him half dead.  31And it chanced that there came a certain priest that same way, and saw him, and passed by.  32And likewise a levite, when he was come nigh to the place, went and looked on him, and passed by.  33Then a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came nigh unto him, and beheld him, and had compassion on him,  34and came to him, and bound up his wounds, and poured in wine, and oil, and laid him on his beast, and brought him to a common hostry, and drest him.  35And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host and said unto him: Take care of him, and whatsoever thou spendest above this, when I come again I will recompense thee.  36Which now of these three, thinkest thou was neighbor unto him that fell into the thieves hands?  37And he answered: he that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him. Go and do thou likewise.  38It fortuned as they went, that he entered into a certain town. And a certain woman named Martha, received him into her house.  39And this woman had a sister called Mary, which sat at Jesus' feet, and heard Jesus preaching:  40 Martha was cumbered about much serving, and stood and said: Master, dost thou not care, that my sister hath left me to minister alone? Bid her therefore, that she help me.  41And Jesus answered, and said unto her: Martha, Martha, thou art busied, and troublest thyself, about many things:  42verily one is needful, Mary hath chosen her a good part, which shall not be taken away from her.  

John 9:1-41
1And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth;  2And his disciples asked him saying: Master, who did sin: this man, or his father and mother, that he was born blind?  3Jesus answered: Neither this man hath sinned, nor yet his father and mother: but that the works of God should be shewed on him.  4I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day. The night cometh, when no man can work.  5As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.  6As soon as he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and rubbed the clay on the eyes of the blind,  7and said unto him: Go wash thee in the pool of Siloe (which by interpretation, signifieth sent.) He went his way and washed, and came again seeing.  8The neighbours, and they that had seen him before how that he was a beggar said: Is not this he that sat and begged?  9Some said: this is he. Other said: he is like him. He himself said: I am even he.  10They said unto him: How are thine eyes opened then?  11He answered and said: The man that is called Jesus, made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me: Go to the pool Siloe, and wash. I went and washed and received my sight.  12They said unto him: where is he? He said: I cannot tell.  13Then brought they to the pharisees, him that a little before was blind.  14( It was the Sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.)  15Then again the pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them: He put clay upon mine eyes; And I washed, and I see.  16Then said some of the pharisees: this man is not of God, because he keepeth not the Sabbath day. Other said: how can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was strife among them.  17Then spake they unto the blind again: What sayest thou of him, because he hath opened thine eyes? And he said: He is a prophet.  18 The jews did not believe of the fellow, how that he was blind, and received his sight: until they had called the father and mother of him that had received his sight.  19And they asked them saying: Is this your son, whom ye say was born blind? How doth he now see then?  20His father and mother answered them and said: we wot well that this is our son, and that he was born blind:  21But by what means he now seeth, that can we not tell or who hath opened his eyes can we not tell. He is old enough, ask him, let him answer for himself, of things that pertain to himself.  22Such words spake his father, and mother, because they feared the jews, for the jews had conspired already that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be excommunicate out of the Synagogue.  23Therefore said his father and mother: he is old enough, ask him.  24Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him: Give God the praise, we know that this man is a sinner.  25He answered and said: Whether he be a sinner or no, I cannot tell: One thing I am sure of, that I was blind, and now I see.  26Then said they to him again: What did he to thee? How opened he thine eyes?  27He answered them, I told you yer-while; And ye did not hear. Wherefore would ye hear it again? Will ye also be his disciples?  28Then rated they him, and said: Thou art his disciple. We are Moses' disciples.  29We are sure that God spake with Moses. This fellow we know not from whence he is.  30The man answered, and said unto them: this is a marvelous thing that ye wot nere whence he is, and yet hath he opened mine eyes.  31We know well enough that God heareth no sinners: But if any man be a worshipper of God: and do what his will is, him heareth he.  32Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.  33If this man were not of God, he could have done no thing.  34They answered and said unto him: thou art altogether born in sin: and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.  35Jesus heard that they had excommunicated him: and as soon as he had found him he said unto him: dost thou believe on the son of God?  36He answered and said: And who is it Lord, that I might believe on him?  37And Jesus said unto him: Thou hast seen him, and he it is that talketh with thee.  38And he said: Lord I believe: And worshipped him.  39Jesus said: I am come unto judgement, into this world: that they which see not, might see, and they which see might be made blind.  40And some of the pharisees which were with him, heard these words and said unto him: Are we then blind?  41Jesus said unto them, if ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say we see, therefore your sin remaineth.  

Acts 28:23-27
23 When they had appointed him a day, there came many unto him into his lodging: to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God; and preached unto them of Jesu: both by the law of Moses, and also out by the prophets from morning to night.  24And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.  25When they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word: well spake the holy ghost by Esay the prophet unto our fathers,  26saying: Go unto this people and say: with your ears shall ye hear, and shall not understand: and with your eyes shall ye see and shall not perceive.  27For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears wex thick of hearing, and their eyes have they closed, lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and should be converted, and I should heal them.  

Romans 1:20-32
20For his invisible things (that is to say, his eternal power and godhead) are understood and seen, by the works from the creation of the world. So that they are without excuse,  21inasmuch as when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful, but waxed full of vanities in their imaginations. And their foolish hearts were blinded.  22When they counted themselves wise, they became fools  23and turned the glory of the immortal God, unto the similitude of the image of mortal man, and of birds, and four footed beasts and serpents.  24For this cause God gave them up unto their hearts' lusts, unto uncleanness to defile their own bodies between themselves:  25which turned his truth unto a lie, and worshipped and served the creatures more than the maker, which is blessed forever Amen.  26For this cause God gave them up unto shameful lusts. For even their women did change the natural use unto the unnatural.  27And likewise also the men left the natural use of the woman, and brent in lust one on another among themselves. And man with man wrought filthiness, and received in themselves the reward of their error as it was according.  28And as it seemed not good unto them to be aknown of God, even so God delivered them up unto a lewd mind, that they should do those things which were not comely,  29being full of all unrighteous doing, of fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, evil conditioned whisperers,  30backbiters, haters of God, doers of wrong, proud, boasters, bringers up of evil things, disobedient to fathers and mothers,  31without understanding, covenant breakers, unloving, stubborn and merciless.  32Which men, though they knew the righteousness of God, ([considered not]) how that they which such things commit are worthy of death, yet not only ([they that]) do the same, but also ([they which]) had pleasure in them that did them.  

1 Corinthians 1:19-29
19For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and will cast away the understanding of the prudent.  20Where is the wise man? where is the scribe? where is the searcher of this world? Hath not God made the wisdom of this world foolishness?  21For when the world thorow wisdom knew not God, in the wisdom of God: it pleased God thorow foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.  22For the jews require a sign, and the greeks seek after wisdom.  23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the jews an occasion of falling and unto the greeks foolishness:  24but unto them which are called both of jews and greeks we preach Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.  25For Godly foolishness is wiser than men: And Godly weakness is stronger than are men.  26Brethren look on your calling how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many of high degree are called:  27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world, to confound the wise. And hath chosen the weak things of the world, to confound things which are mighty.  28And vile things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen yea and things of no reputation, for to bring to nought things of reputation,  29that no flesh should rejoice in his presence.  

Psalms 7
1Sigaion of David, which he sang for the words of Cus the son of Jemini. O LORD my God, in thee do I trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me.  2Lest he hantche up my soul like a lion, and tear it in pieces, while there is none to help.  3O LORD my God, if I have done any such thing, if there be any unrighteousness in my hands:  4If I have rewarded evil unto them that dealt friendly with me, or hurt them that without any cause are mine enemies:  5Then let mine enemy persecute my soul, and take me: yea let him tread my life down in the earth, and lay mine honor in the dust. Selah.  6Stand up (O LORD) in thy wrath, lift up thyself over the furious indignation of mine enemies: arise up (for me) in the vengeance that thou hast promised.  7That the congregation of the people may come about thee, for their sakes therefore lift up thyself again.  8The LORD is judge over the people: avenge me then (O LORD) according to my righteousness and innocence.  9Oh let the wickedness of the ungodly come to an end: but maintain the just, thou righteous God, that triest the very hearts and reins.  10My help cometh of God, which preserveth them that are true of heart.  11God is a righteous judge, and God is ever threatening.  12If men will not turn, he hath whet his sword: he hath bent his bow and made it ready.  13He hath prepared him the weapons of death, and ordained his arrows to destroy.  14Behold, he travaileth with mischief, he hath conceived unhappiness, and brought forth a lie.  15He hath graven and digged up a pit, but he shall fall himself into the pit that he hath made.  16For his unhappiness shall come upon his own head, and his wickedness shall fall upon his own pate.  17As for me, I will give thanks unto the LORD for his righteousness' sake, and will praise the name of the LORD the most highest.     

Psalms 9:15-20
15As for the Heathen, they are sunk down in the pit that they made: in the same net which they spread out privily, is their own foot taken.  16Thus the LORD is known to execute true judgment, when the ungodly is trapped in the works of his own hands. Selah.  17The wicked must be turned unto hell, and all the Heathen that forget God.  18But the poor shall not all way be out of remembrance, the patient abiding of such as be in trouble shall not perish for ever.  19Up LORD, let no man have the upper hand, let the Heathen be condemned before thee.  20O LORD set a school master over them, that the Heathen may know themselves to be but men. Selah.  

Psalms 35
1Of David. Strive thou with them, O LORD, that strive with me, fight thou against them that fight against me.  2Lay hand upon the shield and spear, and stand up to help me.  3Draw out thy sword, and stop the way against them that persecute me, say unto my soul: I am thy help.  4Let them be confounded and put to shame, that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion, that imagine mischief for me.  5Let them be as the dust before the wind, and the angel of the LORD scattering them.  6Let their way be dark and slippery, and the angel of the LORD to persecute them.  7For they have privily laid their net to destroy me without cause, yea, and made a pit for my soul, which I never deserved.  8Let a sudden destruction come upon him unawares, and the net that he hath laid privily, catch himself, that he may fall into his own mischief.  9But let my soul be joyful in the LORD, and rejoice in his help.  10All my bones shall say: LORD, who is like unto thee? which deliverest the poor from those that are too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from his robbers.  11False witnesses are risen up, and lay to my charge things that I know not.  12They reward me evil for good, to the great discomforth of my soul.  13Nevertheless, when they were sick, I put on a sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting, and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.  14I behaved myself as though it had been my friend or my brother, I went heavily, as one that mourneth for his mother.  15But in mine adversity they rejoice, and gather them together: Yea, the very lame come together against me unawares, making mowes at me, and cease not.  16With the greedy and scornful hypocrites, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.  17Lord, when wilt thou look upon this? O restore my soul from the wicked rumour of them, my darling from the lions.  18So will I give thee thanks in the great congregation, and praise thee among much people.  19O let them not triumph over me, that are mine enemies for naught: O let them not wink with their eyes, that hate me without a cause.  20And why? their communing is not for peace, but they imagine false words against the outcasts of the land.  21They gape upon me with their mouths, saying: there there: we see it with our eyes.  22This thou seest, O LORD: hold not thy tongue then, go not far from me, O Lord.   23Awake Lord, and stand up: avenge thou my cause, my God, and my Lord.  24Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness, that they triumph not over me.  25O let them not say in their hearts: there there, so would we have it: O let them not say: we have overcome him.  26Let them be put to confusion and shame, that rejoice at my trouble: let them be clothed with rebuke and dishonour, that boast themselves against me.  27Let them also be glad and rejoice, that favour my righteous dealing: yea let them say alway: blessed be the LORD, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.  28And as for my tongue, it shall be talking of thy righteousness and of thy praise, all the day long.    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: