DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul advises

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Paul advises Reply with quote

Paul advises in Galatians 6:3-4: "For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another."

The Greek word for examine here is dok?m?z?, which means, according to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, "'to test, prove,' with the expectation of approving." It can also indicate "to discern" or "to distinguish," suggesting proving whether a thing is worthy or not.

2 Cor 13:(5) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be not standing the test?

2 Pet 1:8 For as these qualities are yours and increasingly abound in you, they will keep [you] from being idle or unfruitful unto the [full personal] knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

1:9 For whoever lacks these qualities is blind, [spiritually] shortsighted, seeing only what is near to him, and has become oblivious [to the fact] that he was cleansed from his old sins.

1:10 Because of this, brethren, be all the more solicitous {and} eager to make sure (to ratify, to strengthen, to make steadfast) your calling and election; for if you do this, you will never stumble {or} fall.

1:11 Thus there will be richly {and} abundantly provided for you entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Paul advises Reply with quote

Are you excused not to heed what Paul advises!?

Eitherway why mention that,
seeing that you slanderously examine William Tyndale's work (and even Abraham Lincoln's).

Galatians 6:3-8
3If a man seem to himself that he is somewhat when indeed he is nothing, the same deceiveth himself in his imagination.  4Let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in his own self, and not in another.  5For every man shall bear his own burden.  6Let him that is taught in the word, minister unto him that teacheth him in all good things.  7Be not deceived, God is not mocked. For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he reap.  8He that soweth in his flesh, shall of the flesh reap corruption: but he that soweth in the spirit shall, of the spirit reap life everlasting.  

Please don't get me wrong, as this is serious and I would even disable your account til you apologize, but am willing to give you another chance to clearly acknowledge what you're really doing here. (nevertheless of which i'm very grateful to God and his amazing providence that giveth a means to discuss all things)

Code:
Word: δοκιμαζετω
Pronounc: dok-im-ad'-zo
Strong:  G1381
Transliter: dokimazo
 from 1384; to test (literally or figuratively); by implication, to  approve:--allow, discern, examine, X like, (ap-)prove, try.

Strong:  G1384
Pronounc: dok'-ee-mos
Transliter: dokimos
 from 1380; properly, acceptable (current after assayal), i.e.  approved:--approved, tried.

Strong:  G1380
Pronounc: dok-eh'-o
Transliter: dokeo
 a prolonged form of a primary verb, doko dok'-o (used only in an  alternate in certain tenses; compare the base of 1166) of the same  meaning; to think; by implication, to seem (truthfully or  uncertainly):--be accounted, (of own) please(-ure), be of reputation,  seem (good), suppose, think, trow.

Strong:  G1166
Pronounc: dike-noo'-o
Transliter: deiknuo
 a prolonged form of an obsolete primary of the same meaning; to show  (literally or figuratively):--shew.

FROM THE HEBREW:

Strong:  H974
Pronounc: baw-khan'
Transliter: bachan
 a primitive root; to test (especially metals); generally and  figuratively, to investigate:--examine, prove, tempt, try  (trial).

Strong:  H977
Pronounc: baw-khar'
Transliter: bachar
 a primitive root; properly, to try, i.e. (by implication)  select:--acceptable, appoint, choose (choice), excellent,  join, be rather, require.

Strong:  H2713
Pronounc: khaw-kar'
Transliter: chaqar
 a primitive root; properly, to penetrate; hence, to examine  intimately:--find out, (make) search (out), seek (out), sound,  try.

Strong:  H3365
Pronounc: yaw-kar'
Transliter: yaqar
 a primitive root; properly, apparently, to be heavy, i.e.  (figuratively) valuable; causatively, to make rare  (figuratively, to inhibit):--be (make) precious, be prized, be  set by, withdraw.

Strong:  H6884
Pronounc: tsaw-raf'
Transliter: tsaraph
 a primitive root; to fuse (metal), i.e. refine (literally or  figuratively):--cast, (re-)fine(-er), founder, goldsmith,  melt, pure, purge away, try.

1 Corinthians 14:36-38
36Sprang the word of God from you? Either came it unto you only?  37If any man think himself a prophet either spiritual: let him understand, what things I write unto you. For they are the commandments of the Lord.  38But and if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.  

Last edited by JAdmin on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Paul advises Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Are you excused not to heed what Paul advises!?

Eitherway why mention that,
seeing that you slanderously examine William Tyndale's work (and even Abraham Lincoln's).

Galatians 6:3-8
3If a man seem to himself that he is somewhat when indeed he is nothing, the same deceiveth himself in his imagination.  4Let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in his own self, and not in another.  5For every man shall bear his own burden.  6Let him that is taught in the word, minister unto him that teacheth him in all good things.  7Be not deceived, God is not mocked. For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he reap.  8He that soweth in his flesh, shall of the flesh reap corruption: but he that soweth in the spirit shall, of the spirit reap life everlasting.  

Please don't get me wrong, as this is serious and I would even disable your account til you apologize, but am willing to give you another chance to clearly acknowledge what you're really doing here. (nevertheless of which i'm very grateful to God and his amazing providence that giveth a means to discuss all things)

What I am doing here? This is the TOPIC of ORIGINAL TONGUES; Greek and the study thereof.
What is the specific scripture that I posted that you are objecting and do not agree. I posted the Copy of Abraham Lincoln to show how Lincoln acknowledged the SCRIPTURES and how far the present RULERS of this world have perverted the WORD. I also said that Lincoln was not following scripture by Ordering the death of many.
1 Cor 15:1 ? Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Quote:
Code:
Word: δοκιμαζετω
Pronounc: dok-im-ad'-zo
Strong:  G1381
Transliter: dokimazo
 from 1384; to test (literally or figuratively); by implication, to  approve:--allow, discern, examine, X like, (ap-)prove, try.

Strong:  G1384
Pronounc: dok'-ee-mos
Transliter: dokimos
 from 1380; properly, acceptable (current after assayal), i.e.  approved:--approved, tried.

Strong:  G1380
Pronounc: dok-eh'-o
Transliter: dokeo
 a prolonged form of a primary verb, doko dok'-o (used only in an  alternate in certain tenses; compare the base of 1166) of the same  meaning; to think; by implication, to seem (truthfully or  uncertainly):--be accounted, (of own) please(-ure), be of reputation,  seem (good), suppose, think, trow.

Strong:  G1166
Pronounc: dike-noo'-o
Transliter: deiknuo
 a prolonged form of an obsolete primary of the same meaning; to show  (literally or figuratively):--shew.

FROM THE HEBREW:

Strong:  H974
Pronounc: baw-khan'
Transliter: bachan
 a primitive root; to test (especially metals); generally and  figuratively, to investigate:--examine, prove, tempt, try  (trial).

Strong:  H977
Pronounc: baw-khar'
Transliter: bachar
 a primitive root; properly, to try, i.e. (by implication)  select:--acceptable, appoint, choose (choice), excellent,  join, be rather, require.

Strong:  H2713
Pronounc: khaw-kar'
Transliter: chaqar
 a primitive root; properly, to penetrate; hence, to examine  intimately:--find out, (make) search (out), seek (out), sound,  try.

Strong:  H3365
Pronounc: yaw-kar'
Transliter: yaqar
 a primitive root; properly, apparently, to be heavy, i.e.  (figuratively) valuable; causatively, to make rare  (figuratively, to inhibit):--be (make) precious, be prized, be  set by, withdraw.

Strong:  H6884
Pronounc: tsaw-raf'
Transliter: tsaraph
 a primitive root; to fuse (metal), i.e. refine (literally or  figuratively):--cast, (re-)fine(-er), founder, goldsmith,  melt, pure, purge away, try.

1 Corinthians 14:36-38
36Sprang the word of God from you? Either came it unto you only?  37If any man think himself a prophet either spiritual: let him understand, what things I write unto you. For they are the commandments of the Lord.  38But and if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.  

The true Christian understands that the way he lives and conducts his life has a great bearing upon whether he will inherit the Kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21).

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Paul advises Reply with quote

Firstly may i acknowledge that I am absolutely nothing without Iesu (Jesus as coming in the flesh) and neither are you without him. And whatever I (or anybody) says of everlasting profit of course it is only thanks to Christ the Lord.

heman wrote:
What I am doing here? This is the TOPIC of ORIGINAL TONGUES; Greek and the study thereof.
What is the specific scripture that I posted that you are objecting and do not agree. I posted the Copy of Abraham Lincoln to show how Lincoln acknowledged the SCRIPTURES and how far the present RULERS of this world have perverted the WORD. I also said that Lincoln was not following scripture by Ordering the death of many.

You are at liberty to discuss all things at the board but not to usurp your "ideology" stated as if facts when it disagrees with itself and is ways contrary to other evidence as diligently discussed.

Neither is it lawfully allowed to judge Abraham Lincoln, nor those that have been bamboozled to believe "weapons of mass destruction" from both political hiles of the powers that be. Though it may be lawful to say they are being unjustly played as a popet because they have blindly believed the religious nimrods; And as soon as they realize that, God willing, there's going to be hell to pay!

Well did William Tyndale say in his 1530 Petanteuch prologue:
Quote:
? When I had translated the new testament, I added a pistel unto the latter end, in which I desired them that were learned to amend if ought were found amiss. But our malicious and wily hypocrites which are so stubborn and hard hearted in their wicked abominations that it is not possible for them to amend any thing at all (as we see by daily experience, when both their livings and doings are rebuked with the truth) say, some of them that it is impossible to translate the scripture into English, some that it is not lawful for the lay people to have it in their mother tongue, some, that it would make them all heretics, as it would no doubt from many things which they of long time have falsely taught, and that is the whole cause wherefore they forbid it, though they other cloaks pretend. And some or rather every one, say that it would make them rise against the king, whom they themselves (unto their damnation) never yet obeyed. And lest the temporal rulers should see their falsehood, if the scripture came to light, causeth them so to lie. And as for my translation in which they affirm unto the lay people (as I have heard say) to be I wot not how many thousand heresies, so that it cannot be mended or correct, they have yet taken so great pain to examine it, and to compare it unto that they would fain have it and to their own imaginations and juggling terms, and to have somewhat to rail at, and under that cloak to blaspheme the truth, that they might with as little labour (as I suppose) have translated the most part of the bible. For they which in times past were wont to look on no more scripture than they found in their Duns or such like devilish doctrine, have yet now so narrowly looked on my translation, that there is not so much as one i therein if it lack a tittle over his head, but they have noted it, and number it unto the ignorant people for an heresy. Finally in this they be all agreed, to drive you from the knowledge of the scripture, and that ye shall not have the text thereof in the mother tongue, and to keep the world still in darkness, to the intent they might sit in the consciences of the people, thorow vain superstition and false doctrine, to satisfy their filthy lusts, their proud ambition, and unsatiable covetousness, and to exalt their own honour above king and emperor, yea and above God himself.
? Under what manner therefore should I now submit this book to be corrected and amended of them which can suffer nothing to be well? Or what protestation should I make in such a matter unto our prelates those stubborn Nimrods which so mightily fight against God, and resist his holy spirit, enforcing with all craft and subtlety to quench the light of the everlasting testament, promises, and appointment made between God and us: and heaping the fierce wrath of God upon all princes and rulers, mocking them with false feigned names of hypocrisy, and serving their lusts at all points, and dispensing with them even of the very laws of God, of which Christ himself testifieth, Matt. v.{5} that not so much as one tittle thereof may perish, or be broken. And of which the prophet saith, Psalm cxviij.{118} Thou hast commanded thy laws to be kept meod, that is in Hebrew exceedingly, with all diligence, might and power and have made them so mad with their juggling charms and crafty persuasions that they think it a full satisfaction for all their wicked lying, to torment such as tell them truth, and to burn the word of their souls' health, and slay whosoever believe thereon.
? Notwitstonding yet I submit this book and all other that I have either made or translated, or shall in time to come, (if it be God's will that I shall further labour in his harvest) unto all them that submit themselves unto the word of God, to be corrected of them, yea and moreover to be disallowed and also burnt, if it seem worthy when they have examined it with the Hebrew, so that they first put forth of their own translating another that is more correct.

Code:
Also Titus which was with me, though he were a greek, yet was not compelled to be circumcised, and that because of incomers being false brethren, which came in among others to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage. To whom we gave no room, no not for the space of an hour, as concerning to be brought into subjection: and that because that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. Gal 2:3-5

----------------------
Heman wrote:

1 Cor 15:1 ? Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

According to the scriptures back then refers to the Old Testament prophecy and not the New Testament that obviously was being written and not compiled as of yet when the letter to the Corinthians was obviously just written.

For thus saith the Lord:

And he said unto them: These are the words, which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you: that all must be fulfilled which were written of me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms.
Then opened he their wits,<understanding> that they might understand the scriptures, and said unto them: Thus is it written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise again from death the third day. And that repentance, and remission of sins, should be preached in his name among all nations. And the beginning must be{And must begin} at Jerusalem. Luke 24:44-47

Are you any different than anybody else HEMAN.. have you no sin?

1 John 1:8-10
8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and truth is not in us.  9If we knowledge our sins, he is faithful and just, to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  10If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.  

1 Timothy 1:15-16
15This is a true saying, and by all means worthy to be received, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief:  16Notwithstanding unto me was mercy given, that Jesus Christ should first shew on me all long patience, unto the ensample of them which shall in time to come believe on him unto eternal life.  

Hebrews 12:1-2
1Wherefore let us also (seeing that we are compassed with so great a multitude of witnesses) lay away all that presseth down, and the sin that hangeth on us, and let us run with patience, unto the battle that is set before us,  2looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, which for the joy that was set before him, abode the cross, and despised the shame, and is set down on the right hand of the throne of God.  

1 John 5:16-21
16If any man see his brother sin a sin that is not unto death, let him ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death, for which say I not that a man should pray.  17All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not unto death.  18We know that whosoever is born of God, sinneth not: but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked toucheth him not.  19We know that we are of God, and that the world is altogether set on wickedness.  20We know that the son of God is come, and hath given us a mind to know him which is true: and we are in him that is true, through his son Jesu Christ. This same is very God, and eternal life.  21Babes keep yourselves from images. Amen. Here ends the first epistle of saint John  

What is the sin unto death; Is death justly decreed by men or by God himself? yea knowing such fearful ensample:
Acts 12:21-24
21 Upon a day appointed, the king arrayed him in royal apparel, and set him in his seat, and made an oration unto them.  22And the people gave a shout, saying: It is the voice of a God and not of a man.  23And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the honour, and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.  24 The word of God grew and multiplied.  

Furthermore Christ the Lord prophesied:

Code:
Joh 16:2 They shall excommunicate you: yea the time shall come, that whosoever killeth you, will think that he doth God true service.

Look at the great lessons of the past.. for ensample WT may of been excommunicated and murdered but his legacy lives on (in God's providence) and HIS translation that has brought much good fruit. Good fruit such as 90% of his work included in the Geneva Bible that the pilgrims brought over to miraculously establish the colonies and a great nation in such little time. (WT is even 80% included in the KJV and his English tone even in modern bibles; howbeit unacknowledged but the Everlasting Lord knoweth them that are HIS!)

Code:
But the sure ground of God remaineth,<stondeth fast> and hath this seal: the Lord knoweth them that are his, and let every man that calleth on the name of Christ, depart from iniquity. -2Ti. 2:19

----------------------
Heman wrote:

The true Christian understands that the way he lives and conducts his life has a great bearing upon whether he will inherit the Kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21).

Thank God in his Kingdom people will be completely free from such bondage. Though to inherit HIS Kingdom signifies to aquire it in the terms presented, yea like in Revelation:
Revelation 21:27
And there shall enter into it none unclean thing: neither whatsoever worketh abomination: or maketh lies: but they only which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Thus it's not up to us but only up to the Everlasting Lord on whom he hath compassion and mercy to have in HIS book of life.

Matthew 12:22-37
22Then was brought to him, one possessed with a devil which was both blind and dumb, and he healed him, insomuch that he which was blind and dumb, both spake and saw.  23And all the people were amazed, and said: Is not this the son of David?  24 When the pharisees heard that, they said: He driveth the devils no other wise out, but by the help of belzebub the chief of the devils.  25But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them. Every kingdom divided with in itself shall be desolate. Neither shall any city or household divided against itself, continue.  26So if satan cast out satan, then is he divided against him self. How shall then his kingdom endure?  27Also if I by the help of belzebub cast out devils: by whose help do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges:  28But if I cast out the devils by the spirit of God: then is the kingdom of God come on you?  29Either how can a man enter into a mighty man's house, and violently take away his goods, except he first bind the strong man, and then spoil his house?  30He that is not with me, is against me: And he that gathereth not with me, scattereth abroad.  31Wherefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men, but the blasphemy against the holy ghost, shall not be forgiven unto men.  32And whosoever speaketh a word against the son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the holy ghost, it shall not be forgiven him: no, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.  33Either make the tree good, and his fruit good also, or else make the tree evil, and his fruit evil also. For the tree is known by his fruit.  34O generation of vipers, how can ye say well, when ye yourselves are evil? For of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh.  35A good man out of the good treasure of his heart, bringeth forth good things. And an evil man out of his evil treasure, bringeth forth evil things.  36But I say unto you, that of every idle word, that men shall have spoken, they shall give accounts at the day of judgement.  37For by thy words thou shalt be justified: and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.  

Code:
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses: I will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy: And will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So lieth it not then in a man's will, or running,{cunning} but in the mercy of God.

Does that mean we have a license to sin at the moment? .. of course not! It just means we have to keep our sights on Christ who delivers us from the bondage of sin; and not be enslaved to sin.

Galatians 5:19-23
19The deeds of the flesh are manifest, which are these, advoutry, fornication, uncleanness, wantonness,  20idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, lawing, zeal, wrath, strife, sedition, part takings,  21envying, murder, drunkenness, gluttony, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have told you in time past, that they which commit such things shall not be inheritors of the kingdom of God:  22but the fruit of the spirit is, love, joy, peace, longsuffering gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, temperancy:   23Against such there is no law.  

What if there's a higher spiritual meaning in that passage than meets the natural eyes?
For how God sees is WAY different than what man is limited to see!

1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said unto Samuel: look not on his fashion nor on the height of his stature, for I have refused him. Because it is not as man seeth. For man looketh on the outward appearance: but the LORD beholdeth the heart.

Code:
Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? it is like unto children, which sit in the market, and call unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 and say: We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced? We have mourned unto you, and ye have not sorrowed.
Mat 11:18 For John came, neither eating nor drinking, and they say, he hath the devil.
Mat 11:19 The son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, behold a glutton, and drinker of wine, and a friend unto publicans, and sinners. And{Neverthelater} wisdom is justified of her children.
Mat 11:20 Then began he to upbraid the cities, in which most of his miracles were done, because they did not repent.(MT: mended not.)
Mat 11:21 Woe be to thee Chorasin. Woe be to thee Bethsaida, for if the miracles which were shewed in you, had been done in Tyre and in Sidon: they had{would have}) repented long agone in sackcloth and ashes.
Mat 11:22 Nevertheless I say to you, it shall be easier for Tyre and Sidon, at the day of judgement, than for you.
Mat 11:23 And thou Capernaum, which art lift up unto heaven, shalt be thrust{brought} down to hell. For if the miracles which have been done in thee, had been shewed in Sodom, they had remained to this day.
Mat 11:24 Nevertheless I say unto you, it shall be easier for [the land of] Sodom in the day of judgement, than for thee.

Code:
Mat 7:1 Judge not lest ye be judged. <Judge not, that ye be not judged.> (comdemn not and ye shall not and be condemned)
Mat 7:2 For as ye judge, so shall ye be judged. And with what measure ye mete, with the same shall it be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 Why seest thou a mote in thy brother's eye, and perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or why sayest thou to thy brother: (Brother) suffer me to pluck out a{the} mote out of thine eye, and behold a beam is in thine own eye.
Mat 7:5 Hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pluck out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

John 7:24
Judge not after the utter appearance: but judge righteous judgement.

With me is it but a very small thing, that I should be judged of you, either of man's day. No I judge not mine own self. I know nought by myself: yet am I not thereby justified. It is the Lord that judgeth me. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, which will lighten things that are hid in darkness: and open the counsels of the hearts. And then shall every man have praise of God. -1Co. 4:3-5

Last edited by JAdmin on Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: But the naked truth Reply with quote

It is a simple thing. It is a matter of government. Who is going to rule: God or us? Israel rejected God's rule. God makes that very plain. Will we? That is the issue.

But the naked truth is that we cannot retain sovereignty to ourselves and still have what God offers: entrance into the Kingdom of God.
We cannot have it both ways. Either we will be submissive to God and His will, or we will be submissive to our own fickle drives.

1 Sam 7:8-9 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

(8) According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.

(9) Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and show them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.

But the key to understanding the significance of what Israel has done in I Samuel 8 is that they wanted a king just like the other nations, not that they should merely have a king. They wanted, not a king as God detailed in Deuteronomy 7, but an autocratic, despotic king like Babylon, Assyria, or Egypt.

This is why God has Samuel spell out what will happen as a result of having such a king: The sum and substance is that he would enslave them. What this of course does is confirm Israel's whorish behavior.

They wanted to do things just like all the other nations, even to the point of having a ruler like them.

Ac 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Should we fight and do battle to preserve freedom?
Ac 5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Ro 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Re 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: the naked sword Reply with quote

Psalms 118:1-29
1O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is gracious, and his mercy endureth for ever.  2Let Israel now confess, that his mercy endureth for ever.  3Let the house of Aaron now confess, that his mercy endureth forever.  4Yea let them now that fear the LORD confess, that his mercy endureth forever.  5I called upon the LORD in trouble, and the LORD heard me at large.  6The LORD is my helper, I will not fear what man doeth unto me.  7The LORD is my helper, and I shall see my desire upon mine enemies.  8It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put any confidence in man.  9It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put any confidence in princes.  10All Heathen compassed me round about, but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them.  11They keep me in on every side, but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.  12They came about me like bees, and were as hot as the fire in the thorns, but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.  13They thrust at me, that I might fall, but the LORD was my help.  14The LORD is my strength, and my song, and is become my salvation.  15The voice of joy and mirth is in the dwellings of the righteous, for the right hand of the LORD hath gotten the victory.  16The right hand of the LORD hath the preeminence, the right hand of the LORD hath gotten the victory.  17I will not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.  18The LORD hath chastened and correct me, but he hath not given me over unto death.  19Open me the gates of righteousness, that I may go in there thorow, and give thanks unto the LORD.  20This is the door of the LORD, the righteous shall enter in thorow it.  21I thank thee, that thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.  22The same stone which the builders refused, is become the head stone in the corner.  23This was the LORD's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes.  24This is the day which the LORD hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.  25Help now O LORD, O LORD, send us now prosperity.  26Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD, we wish you good luck, ye that be of the house of the LORD.  27God is the LORD, and hath shewed us light: O garnish the solempne feast with green branches, even unto the horns of the altar.  28Thou art my God, and I will thank thee: thou art my God, and I will praise thee.  29O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is gracious, and his mercy endureth for ever.  

Thus saith the Lord:

Matthew 21:28-31
28What say ye to this? A certain man had two sons, and came to the elder saying: go and work today in my vineyard.  29He answered and said, I will not: but afterward repented and went.  30Then came he to the second, and said like wise, and he answered and said: I will sir: yet went he not.  31Whether of these two fulfilled their father's will? And they said unto him: The first. Jesus said unto them: Verily I say unto you, that the publicans and the harlots shall come into the kingdom of God before you.  

Will you self-righteously answer this as you have with other posts?

Let the Scriptures speak for itself.

But the LORD said unto Samuel: look not on his fashion nor on the height of his stature, for I have refused him. Because it is not as man seeth. For man looketh on the outward appearance: but the LORD beholdeth the heart.

Romans 8:10-23
10If Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin: But the spirit is life for righteousness' sake.  11Wherefore if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from death, dwell in you: even he that raised up Christ from death, shall quicken your mortal bodies, be cause that his spirit dwelleth in you.  12Therefore brethren we are now debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh:  13For if ye live after the flesh, ye must die. But if ye mortify the deeds of the body, by the help of the spirit, ye shall live,  14for as many as are led by the spirit of God, are the sons of God.  15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage to fear any more, but ye have received the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba father.   16The same spirit certifieth our spirit that we are the sons of God.  17If we be sons, we are also heirs (the heirs I mean of God) and heirs annexed with Christ, if so be that we suffer together, that we may be glorified together.  18For I suppose that the afflictions of this life, are not worthy of the glory which shall be shewed upon us.  19Also the fervent desire of the creatures abideth looking when the sons of God shall appear  20because the creatures are subdued to vanity against their will: but for his will which subdued them in hope.  21For the very creatures shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption, into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.  22For we know that every creature groaneth with us also, and travaileth in pain even unto this time.  23Not they only, but even we also which have the first fruits of the spirit mourn in ourselves and wait for the adoption ([of the children God]) and look for the deliverance of our bodies.  

Quote:
Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is no hope. For how can a man hope for that which he seeth?
Rom 8:25 but and if we hope for that we see not, then do we with<thorow> patience abide for it.
Rom 8:26 Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities. For we know not, what to desire as we ought: but the spirit maketh intercession mightily for us with groanings which cannot be expressed with tongue.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the meaning<mind> of the spirit: for he maketh intercession for the saints according to the pleasure of God.
Rom 8:28 For we know well that all things work<serve> for the best unto them that love God, which also are called of purpose.

Code:
We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. -2Co. 13:8

A Psalm and song of the sons of Corah, to the chanter upon Mahelath, for the affliction, and instruction of Heman the Ezrahite.
Psalms 88:1-18
1A Psalm and song of the sons of Corah, to the chanter upon Mahelath, for the affliction, and instruction of Heman the Ezrahite. Oh LORD God my Savior, I cry day and night before thee,  2Oh let my prayer enter into thy presence, incline thine ear unto my calling.  3For my soul is full of trouble, and my life draweth nigh unto hell.  4I am counted as one of them that go down into the pit, I am even as a man that hath no strength.  5Free among the dead, like unto them that lie in the grave, which be out of remembrance, and are cut away from thy hand.  6Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in the darkness and in the deep.  7Thy indignation lieth hard upon me, and thou vexest me with all thy floods. Selah.  8Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me, and made me to be abhorred of them: I am so fast in prison, that I can not get forth.  9My sight faileth for very trouble: LORD, I call daily upon thee, and stretch out my hands unto thee.  10Doest thou shew wonders among the dead? Can the Physicians raise them up again, that they may praise thee? Selah.  11May thy loving-kindness be shewed in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?  12May thy wonderous works be known in the dark? or thy righteousness in the land where all things are forgotten?  13Unto thee I cry, O LORD, and early cometh my prayer before thee.  14LORD, why puttest thou away my soul? Wherefore hidest thou thy face from me?  15My strength is gone for very sorrow and misery, with fearfulness do I bear thy burthens.  16Thy wrathful displeasure goeth over me; the fear of thee oppresseth me.  17They came round about me daily like water, and compass me together on every side.  18My lovers and friends hast thou put away from me, and turned away mine acquaintance.  

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: the naked sword Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Psalms 118:1-29
1O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is gracious, and his mercy endureth for ever.  2Let Israel now confess, that his mercy endureth for ever.  3Let the house of Aaron now confess, that his mercy endureth forever.  4Yea let them now that fear the LORD confess, that his mercy endureth forever.  5I called upon the LORD in trouble, and the LORD heard me at large.  6The LORD is my helper, I will not fear what man doeth unto me.  7The LORD is my helper, and I shall see my desire upon mine enemies.  8It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put any confidence in man.  9It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put any confidence in princes.  10All Heathen compassed me round about, but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them.  11They keep me in on every side, but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.  12They came about me like bees, and were as hot as the fire in the thorns, but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.  13They thrust at me, that I might fall, but the LORD was my help.  14The LORD is my strength, and my song, and is become my salvation.  15The voice of joy and mirth is in the dwellings of the righteous, for the right hand of the LORD hath gotten the victory.  16The right hand of the LORD hath the preeminence, the right hand of the LORD hath gotten the victory.  17I will not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.  18The LORD hath chastened and correct me, but he hath not given me over unto death.  19Open me the gates of righteousness, that I may go in there thorow, and give thanks unto the LORD.  20This is the door of the LORD, the righteous shall enter in thorow it.  21I thank thee, that thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.  22The same stone which the builders refused, is become the head stone in the corner.  23This was the LORD's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes.  24This is the day which the LORD hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.  25Help now O LORD, O LORD, send us now prosperity.  26Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD, we wish you good luck, ye that be of the house of the LORD.  27God is the LORD, and hath shewed us light: O garnish the solempne feast with green branches, even unto the horns of the altar.  28Thou art my God, and I will thank thee: thou art my God, and I will praise thee.  29O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is gracious, and his mercy endureth for ever.  

Thus saith the Lord:

28What say ye to this? A certain man had two sons, and came to the elder saying: go and work today in my vineyard.  29He answered and said, I will not: but afterward repented and went.  30Then came he to the second, and said like wise, and he answered and said: I will sir: yet went he not.  31Whether of these two fulfilled their father's will? And they said unto him: The first. Jesus said unto them: Verily I say unto you, that the publicans and the harlots shall come into the kingdom of God before you.  

Thou, O Christ, art the righteous Saviour, thou art the King of Israel, thou art the Fountain of blessing to all believers; thy favour is the defence and protection of thy church.

Jude 1:15-19) 15To execute judgment upon all and to convict all the impious (unholy ones) of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed [in such an] ungodly [way], and of all the severe (abusive, jarring) things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.
16These are inveterate murmurers (grumblers) who complain [of their lot in life], going after their own desires [controlled by their passions]; their talk is boastful and arrogant, [and they claim to] admire men's persons and pay people flattering compliments to gain advantage.
17But you must remember, beloved, the predictions which were made by the apostles (the special messengers) of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
18They told you beforehand, In the last days (in the end time) there will be scoffers [who seek to gratify their own unholy desires], following after their own ungodly passions.
19It is these who are [agitators] setting up distinctions and causing divisions--merely sensual [creatures, carnal, worldly-minded people], devoid of the [Holy] Spirit and destitute of any higher spiritual life.
Jude gives three final descriptions of them in verse 19. He calls them 1) "sensual" or worldly. They are based totally in this world, in the realm of the five senses. They have no connection to the heavenly. 2) They "cause divisions," meaning when they appear, the congregation begins taking sides. 3) He ends his description with the opposite of his description of true church members in verse 1: False teachers do not have God's Spirit. They are not of us. They may be among us, but they are not God's begotten children (Romans 8:9-17). We can see from their fruits that the spirit they have is not God's.

Quote:

10If Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin: But the spirit is life for righteousness' sake.  11Wherefore if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from death, dwell in you: even he that raised up Christ from death, shall quicken your mortal bodies, be cause that his spirit dwelleth in you.  12Therefore brethren we are now debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh:  13For if ye live after the flesh, ye must die. But if ye mortify the deeds of the body, by the help of the spirit, ye shall live,  14for as many as are led by the spirit of God, are the sons of God.  15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage to fear any more, but ye have received the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba father.   16The same spirit certifieth our spirit that we are the sons of God.  17If we be sons, we are also heirs (the heirs I mean of God) and heirs annexed with Christ, if so be that we suffer together, that we may be glorified together.  18For I suppose that the afflictions of this life, are not worthy of the glory which shall be shewed upon us.  19Also the fervent desire of the creatures abideth looking when the sons of God shall appear  20because the creatures are subdued to vanity against their will: but for his will which subdued them in hope.  21For the very creatures shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption, into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.  22For we know that every creature groaneth with us also, and travaileth in pain even unto this time.  23Not they only, but even we also which have the first fruits of the spirit mourn in ourselves and wait for the adoption ([of the children God]) and look for the deliverance of our bodies.  

Quote:
Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is no hope. For how can a man hope for that which he seeth?
Rom 8:25 but and if we hope for that we see not, then do we with<thorow> patience abide for it.
Rom 8:26 Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities. For we know not, what to desire as we ought: but the spirit maketh intercession mightily for us with groanings which cannot be expressed with tongue.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the meaning<mind> of the spirit: for he maketh intercession for the saints according to the pleasure of God.
Rom 8:28 For we know well that all things work<serve> for the best unto them that love God, which also are called of purpose.

Quote:
Code:
1 Corinthians 8:22If anyone imagines that he has come to know and understand much [of divine things, without love], he does not yet perceive and recognize and understand as strongly and clearly, nor has he become as intimately acquainted with anything as he ought or as is necessary

Quote:
A Psalm and song of the sons of Corah, to the chanter upon Mahelath, for the affliction, and instruction of Heman the Ezrahite.
1A Psalm and song of the sons of Corah, to the chanter upon Mahelath, for the affliction, and instruction of Heman the Ezrahite. Oh LORD God my Savior, I cry day and night before thee,  2Oh let my prayer enter into thy presence, incline thine ear unto my calling.  3For my soul is full of trouble, and my life draweth nigh unto hell.  4I am counted as one of them that go down into the pit, I am even as a man that hath no strength.  5Free among the dead, like unto them that lie in the grave, which be out of remembrance, and are cut away from thy hand.  6Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in the darkness and in the deep.  7Thy indignation lieth hard upon me, and thou vexest me with all thy floods. Selah.  8Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me, and made me to be abhorred of them: I am so fast in prison, that I can not get forth.  9My sight faileth for very trouble: LORD, I call daily upon thee, and stretch out my hands unto thee.  10Doest thou shew wonders among the dead? Can the Physicians raise them up again, that they may praise thee? Selah.  11May thy loving-kindness be shewed in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?  12May thy wonderous works be known in the dark? or thy righteousness in the land where all things are forgotten?  13Unto thee I cry, O LORD, and early cometh my prayer before thee.  14LORD, why puttest thou away my soul? Wherefore hidest thou thy face from me?  15My strength is gone for very sorrow and misery, with fearfulness do I bear thy burthens.  16Thy wrathful displeasure goeth over me; the fear of thee oppresseth me.  17They came round about me daily like water, and compass me together on every side.  18My lovers and friends hast thou put away from me, and turned away mine acquaintance.  

Psalm 140
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1DELIVER ME, O Lord, from evil men; preserve me from violent men;
2They devise mischiefs in their heart; continually they gather together and stir up wars.
3They sharpen their tongues like a serpent's; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!(A)
9Those who are fencing me in raise their heads; may the mischief of their own lips and the very things they desire for me come upon them.

Romans 3:13Their throat is a yawning grave; they use their tongues to deceive (to mislead and to deal treacherously). The venom of asps is beneath their lips.

Psalm 5:9For there is nothing trustworthy or steadfast or truthful in their talk; their heart is destruction [or a destructive chasm, a yawning gulf]; their throat is an open sepulcher; they flatter and make smooth with their tongue.

Ps 142:7 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: the naked sword Reply with quote

Therefore thus sayeth the Lord: For so much as this people draweth nigh me with their mouth, and praiseth me highly with their lips, where as their heart nevertheless is far from me, and the fear which they owe unto me, that turn they to men's laws and doctrines, therefore will I also shew unto this people a marvelous, terrible, and great thing (Namely this:) I will destroy the wisdom of their wise, and the understanding of their learned men shall perish.
-Isaiah 29:14-15

Quote:
JAdmin wrote:
Thus saith the Lord:

Heman wrote:

Thou, O Christ, art the righteous Saviour, thou art the King of Israel, thou art the Fountain of blessing to all believers; thy favour is the defence and protection of thy church.

He answered and said unto them: well prophesied hath Esaias of you hypocrites as it is written: This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me: In vain they worship me, teaching doctrines which are nothing but the commandments of men, for ye lay the commandment of God apart, and ye observe the traditions of men as the washing of cruses and of cups, and many other such like things ye do.
? And he said unto them: well, ye put away the commandment of God, to maintain your own traditions. For Moses said: Honour thy father and thy mother: and whosoever saith evil of his father or mother, let him die for it. But ye say: a man shall say to his father or mother Corban, that is, whatsoever thing I offer, that same doeth profit thee. And ye suffer no more that a man do anything for his father or mother, and thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect through your own traditions which ye have ordained. And many such things ye do.
Mark 7:6-16

Tit 3:1 Warn them that they submit themselves to rule and power, to obey the officers, <|hyer authority|> that they be prompt <ready> unto all good works,
Tit 3:2 that they speak evil of no man, that they be no fighters, <|strivers|> but soft, shewing all meekness unto all men.
Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were in times past, unwise, disobedient, deceived, <|in error|> in danger to lusts, <|serving lusts|> and to divers manners of voluptuousness, living in maliciousness and envy, full of hate, hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of our saviour <[God]> to man ward appeared,
Tit 3:5 not of <|for|> the deeds of righteousness which we wrought, but of <|after|> his mercy, he saved us, by the fountain of the new birth, and with the renewing of the holy ghost,
Tit 3:6 which he shed on us abundantly, thorow Iesus Christ our saviour,
Tit 3:7 that we once justified <|being made righteous|> by his grace, should be heirs of eternal life, thorow <|according to|> hope.
Tit 3:8 This is a true saying. Of these things I would thou shouldest certify, <|speak earnestly|> that they which believe God, might be studious <diligent> to go forward <|to excell|> in good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
Tit 3:9 Foolish questions, and genealogies, and brawlings and strife about the law avoid, for they are unprofitable, and superfluous. <|vain|>
Tit 3:10 A man that is the author <auctor> of sects, <A man that is given to heresy> after the first and the second admonition <|monition|> avoid,
Tit 3:11 remembering <|and know|> that he that is such, is perverted, and sinneth, even damned by his own judgement.

Jude 1:14-19
14Enoch the seventh from Adam prophesied before of such saying: Behold, the Lord shall come with thousands of saints,  15to give judgement against all men, and to rebuke all that are ungodly among them, of all their ungodly deeds, which they have ungodly committed, and of all their cruel speakings, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.  16These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts, whose mouth's speak proud things. They have men in great reverence because of advantage.  17But ye beloved remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,  18how that they told you that there should be beguilers in the last time, which should walk after their own ungodly lusts.  19These are makers of sects, natural, having no spirit.  

Heman wrote:
Jude gives three final descriptions of them in verse 19. He calls them 1) "sensual" or worldly. They are based totally in this world, in the realm of the five senses. They have no connection to the heavenly. 2) They "cause divisions," meaning when they appear, the congregation begins taking sides. 3) He ends his description with the opposite of his description of true church members in verse 1: False teachers do not have God's Spirit. They are not of us. They may be among us, but they are not God's begotten children (Romans 8:9-17). We can see from their fruits that the spirit they have is not God's.

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar: but he that denieth that Iesus is Christ? he <The same> is the antichrist that denieth the father and the son.
1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the son, the same hath not the father. ([he that knowledgeth the son, hath the father also])
1Jo 2:24 Let therefore abide in you that same which ye heard from <at> the beginning. If that which ye heard from <at> the beginning shall remain in you, [then] ye also shall continue in the son, and in the father.
1Jo 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal <everlasting> life.
1Jo 2:26 This <These things> have I written unto you, as concerning <because of> them that deceive you.
1Jo 2:27 And the anointing which ye have received of him dwelleth in you. And ye need not that any man teach you: but as that <the> anointing teacheth you all things, and is true, and is no lie: and as it taught you, even so bide therein.

Jadmin wrote:

Quote:

Jadmin wrote:
Code:

HEman wrote:
1 Corinthians 8:22If anyone imagines that he has come to know and understand much [of divine things, without love], he does not yet perceive and recognize and understand as strongly and clearly, nor has he become as intimately acquainted with anything as he ought or as is necessary

Jas 2:1 Brethren have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ the Lord of glory in respect of persons.

Paul well adviseth:

Ro 1:14 For I am debtor both to the greeks, and to them which are no greeks, unto the learned and also unto the unlearned. <|unwise|>
Ro 1:15 Likewise, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the Gospell to you of Rome also.
Ro 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospell of Christ, because it is the power of God unto salvation to <|which saveth|> all that believe, namely to the jew, and also to the gentile.
Ro 1:17 For by it the righteousness which cometh of <|that is of value before|> God is opened, from faith to faith. As it is written: The just shall live by faith. <|The just shall live by his faith|>
Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God of heaven appeareth <wrath of God appeareth from heaven> against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men which withhold the truth <|truth of God|> in unrighteousness,
Ro 1:19 seeing that that, which <what> may be known of God, <[that same]> is manifest among them. For God did shew it unto them.

Jadmin wrote:

Heman wrote:
Psalm 140
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1DELIVER ME, O Lord, from evil men; preserve me from violent men;
2They devise mischiefs in their heart; continually they gather together and stir up wars.
3They sharpen their tongues like a serpent's; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!(A)
9Those who are fencing me in raise their heads; may the mischief of their own lips and the very things they desire for me come upon them.

Romans 3:13Their throat is a yawning grave; they use their tongues to deceive (to mislead and to deal treacherously). The venom of asps is beneath their lips.

Psalm 140 does not end at verse 9!

Psalms 140:1-13
1To the chanter, a Psalm of David. Deliver me, o LORD, from the evil men, oh preserve me from the wicked men.  2Which imagine mischief in their hearts, and stir up strife all the day long.  3They sharpen their tongues like a serpent: adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.  4Keep me, O LORD, from the hand of the ungodly: preserve me from the wicked men, which are purposed to overthrow my goings.  5The proud have laid a snare for me, and spread a net abroad with cords, yea and set traps in my way. Selah.  6But my saying is unto the LORD: Thou art my God, hear the voice of my prayer, O LORD.  7O Lord GOD, thou strength of my health, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.  8Let not the ungodly have his desire, O LORD, let him not have his purpose, lest they be too proud. Selah.  9Let the mischief of their own lips fall upon the head of them, that compass me about.  10Let hot burning coals fall upon them, let them be cast into the fire, and into the pit, that they never rise up again.  11A man full of words shall not prosper upon the earth: a malicious and wicked person shall be hunted away, and destroyed.  12Sure I am, that the LORD will avenge the poor, and maintain the cause of the helpless.  13The righteous also shall give thanks unto thy name, and the just shall continue in thy sight.  
Code:
10 Let hot burning coals fall upon them, let them be cast into the fire, and into the pit, that they never rise up again.  11 A man full of words shall not prosper upon the earth: a malicious and wicked person shall be hunted away, and destroyed.  12 Sure I am, that the LORD will avenge the poor, and maintain the cause of the helpless.  13 The righteous also shall give thanks unto thy name, and the just shall continue in thy sight.

Neither does Romans verse 3:13 advise it fully if not acknowledging:
Romans 3:9-21
9What say we then? Are we better than they? no, in no wise. For we have all ready proved how that both jews and gentiles are all under sin,  10as it is written: There is none righteous, no not one:  11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God,  12they are all gone out of the way, they are all made unprofitable, there is none that doeth good, no not one.  13Their throat is an open sepulchre, with their tongues they have deceived: the poison of Aspes is under their lips;  14whose mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.  15Their feet are swift to shed blood.  16Destruction and wretchedness are in their ways:  17And the way of peace have they not known.  18There is no fear of God before their eyes.  19Yea and we know that whatsoever the law saith, he saith it to them which are under the law: That all mouths may be stopped, and all the world be subdued to God,  20because that by the deeds of the law, shall no flesh be justified in the sight of God. For by the law cometh the knowledge of sin.  21Now verily is the righteousness that cometh of God declared with out the fulfilling of the law having witness yet of the law, and of the prophets.  
Psalms 14:1-7
1To the chanter, a Psalm of David The foolish bodies say in their hearts: Tush, there is no God. They are corrupt, and become abominable in their doings, there is not one that doth good.  2The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that would understand and seek after God.  3But they are all gone out of the way, they are all together become unprofitable: there is none that doth good, no not one.  4How can they have understanding, that work mischief, eating up my people, as it were bread, and call not upon the LORD?  5Therefore shall they be brought in great fear, for God standeth by the generation of the righteous.  6As for you, ye have made a mock at the counsel of the poor, because he putteth his trust in the LORD.  7Oh that the saving health were given unto Israel out of Sion. Oh that the LORD would deliver his people out of captivity. Then should Jacob rejoice, and Israel should be right glad.  
Code:
Ps 14:7 Oh that the saving health were given unto Israel out of Sion. Oh that the LORD would deliver his people out of captivity. Then should Jacob rejoice, and Israel should be right glad.

Same for Psalm 5:9

Psalms 5:1-12
1To the Chanter in Nehiloth, a Psalm of David. Hear my words (O LORD) consider my calling.  2O mark the voice of my petition, my King and my God, for unto thee will I make my prayer.  3Hear my voice by times (O LORD) for early in the morning will I get me unto thee, yea and that with diligence.  4For thou art not the God that hath pleasure in wickedness, there may no ungodly person dwell with thee.  5Such as be cruel may not stand in thy sight, thou art an enemy unto all wicked doers.  6Thou destroyest the liars: the LORD abhoreth the bloodthirsty and deceitful.  7But as for me, I will come into thy house, even upon the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.  8Lead me (O LORD) in thy righteousness because of mine enemies, and make thy way plain before me.  9For there is no faithfulness in their mouths: they dissemble in their hearts: their throat is an open sepulchre: with their tongues they deceive.  10Punish them (O God) that they may perish in their own imaginations: cast them out because of the multitude of their ungodliness, for they rebel against thee.  11Again, let all them that put their trust in thee, rejoice: yea let them ever be giving of thanks, because thou defendest them: that they which love thy name, may be joyful in thee.  12For thou LORD givest thy blessing unto the righteous: and with thy favourable kindness thou defendest him, as with a shield.  

and 142:7 likewise!

Psalms 142:1-7
1The Instruction of David, a prayer when he was in the cave. I cry unto the LORD with my voice, yea even unto the LORD do I make my supplication.  2I pour out my complaint before him, and shew him of my trouble.  3When my spirit is in heaviness, for thou knowest my path: in the way wherein I walk have they privily laid a snare for me.  4I look upon my right hand, and see, there is no man that will know me. I have no place to flee unto, no man careth for my soul.  5Therefore do I cry unto thee, O LORD, and say: Thou art my hope and my portion in the land of the living.  6Consider my complaint, for I am brought very low. Oh deliver me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.  7Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto thy name: which thing if thou wilt grant me, then shall the righteous resort unto my company.  
Code:
4 I look upon my right hand, and see, there is no man that will know me. I have no place to flee unto, no man careth for my soul.  5 Therefore do I cry unto thee, O LORD, and say: Thou art my hope and my portion in the land of the living.  6 Consider my complaint, for I am brought very low. Oh deliver me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.  7 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto thy name: which thing if thou wilt grant me, then shall the righteous resort unto my company.

On that note this post is closed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: