DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Abe Lincoln
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Abe Lincoln Reply with quote

For I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply!. (Luke 21:15).
We are of God; that is why those who know God listen to us. If they do not know God, they do not listen to us. That is how we know the Spirit of truth or the spirit of deception (1 John 4:6)

More plainly, ?Not all people who may refer to me as `Lord, will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. But only if they obey the will of my Father in which is in heaven.? (Matt. 7:21).

The alliance of the church with the State is of itself a sufficient illustration of the departure of Christians from the commandments of Christ. It is a proof that the modem church is "of this world?.
In minute details, they are voters (the secreting blood vessels of the political system); they are patriots and politically spout at public meetings, they bear arms on the battlefield, or compete for the civic or Parliamentary honors of the State.
God Himself said: Therefore, come out from them and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord.
Don't touch their filthy things, and I will receive you.
(2 Cor. 6:17).
The believers obey the commandments as men waiting and preparing for the kingdom of God (whose citizenship is in heaven, and not upon the earth) and they accept the position of "strangers and pilgrims" among men. They are not at home; they are passing on. They take no part with (government) Caesar. They pay the taxes and obey the laws where they do not conflict with the laws of Christ; but they take no part in his affairs publicly or privately.
They do not vote; they do not bear arms. They are not of the world, even as he was not of the world;
?Don't you realize that friendship with this world makes you an enemy of God? if your aim is to enjoy this world, you can't be a friend of God. " (James 4:4).
?They are not part of this world even as I am not." (John17:16).

Lincoln.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  479.4 KB
 Viewed:  13796 Time(s)

Lincoln.JPG

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you no respect for the powers that be!?

1 Peter 2:17
See that ye honour all men. Love brotherly fellowship, fear God, honour the King.

Who do you think chose Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Josef, Moses, King David, yea even Alexander the Great, and Abraham Lincoln?

Code:
Is he the God of the jews only? Is he not also the God of the gentiles? He is no doubt, God also of the gentiles. <Yes, even of the Gentiles also.> -Romans 3:29

Matthew 10:24-28
24The disciple is not above his Master: Nor yet the servant above his Lord.  25It is enough for the disciple to be as his Master is, and that the servant be as his Lord is. If they have called the Lord of the house beelzebub: how much more shall they call them of his household so?  26Fear them not therefore. There is nothing so close, that shall not be opened, and nothing so hid, that shall not be known.  27What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light. And what ye hear in the ear that preach ye on the house tops.  28And fear ye not them which kill the body, and be not able to kill the soul. But rather fear him, which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  

1 Peter 3:14-16
14Notwithstanding happy are ye if ye suffer for righteousness' sake. Nevertheless fear not though they seem terrible unto you, neither be troubled:  15but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts. Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that ye have, and that with meekness and fear:  16having a good conscience, that when they backbite you as evil doers, they may be ashamed, forasmuch as they have falsely accused your good conversation in Christ.  

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: no respect for the powers that be Reply with quote

JN 12: (25) He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. (26) If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

For I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply!. (Luke 21:15).

Do you esteem the lowiest men on the same level as believers?

Da 4:13 I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;

Da 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.
08215 lpv sh@phal (Aramaic) shef-al' from 08214; ; adj
AV-basest 1; 1
1) low, lowliest (of station)

Da 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

1 Tim 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. 21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

1 Tim 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. (Like lies of Weapons of Mass Destruction?)

Eze 25:17 And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Da 5:21 And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.

Ps 75:7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.

2Ki 21:14 And I will forsake the remnant of mine inheritance, and deliver them into the hand of (HITLER) their enemies; and they shall become a prey and a spoil to all their enemies;

1 Cor 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Ps 149:6 ? Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;
7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jadmin wrote:
Who do you think chose Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Josef, Moses, King David, yea even Alexander the Great, and Abraham Lincoln?

Heman wrote:

Yes i esteem the lowliest of men (and also WOMEN) because God hath greatly exalted them.

Luke 1:46-56
46And Mary said: My soul magnifieth the Lord.  47And my spirit rejoiceth in God my saviour:  48For he hath looked on the poor degree of his handmaiden. Behold now from hence forth shall all generations call me blessed.  49For he that is mighty hath done to me great things, and blessed is his name.  50And his mercy is always on them that fear him thorowout all generations.  51He hath shewed strength with his arm, he hath scattered them that are proud in the imagination of their hearts.  52He hath put Down the mighty from their seats, and hath exalted them of low degree.  53He hath filled the hungry with good things: And hath sent away the rich empty.  54He hath remembered mercy: and hath holpen his servant Israel.  55Even as he promised to our fathers, Abraham and to his seed for ever.  56And Mary abode with her about a three months; And returned home again.   

Psalms 89:1-52
1An instruction of Ethan the Ezrahite. My song shall be alway of the loving-kindness of the LORD, with my mouth will I ever be shewing my faithfulness from one generation to another.  2For I have said: Mercy shall be set up for ever, thy faithfulness shalt thou stablish in the heavens.  3I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant.  4Thy seed will I stablish forever, and set up thy throne from one generations to another. Selah.  5O LORD the very heavens shall praise thy wonderous works, yea and thy faithfulness in the congregation of the saints.  6For who is he among the clouds, that may be compared unto the LORD? Yea what is he among the gods, that is like unto the LORD?  7God is greatly to be feared in the council of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.  8O LORD God of Hosts, who is like unto thee in power? thy truth is round about thee.  9Thou rulest the pride of the sea, thou fillest the waves thereof, when they arise.  10Thou breakest the proud, like one that is wounded, thou scatterest thine enemies abroad with thy mighty arm.  11The heavens are thine, the earth is thine: thou hast laid the foundation of the round world and all that therein is.  12Thou hast made the north and the south, Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy name.  13Thou hast a mighty arm, strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.  14Righteousness and equity is the habitation of thy seat, mercy and truth go before thy face.  15Blessed is the people, O LORD, that can rejoice in thee, and walketh in the light of thy countenance.  16Their delight is in thy name all the day long, and thorow thy righteousness they shall be exalted.  17For thou art the glory of their strength, and thorow thy favour shalt thou lift up our horns.  18The LORD is our defence, and the holy one of Israel is our king.  19Thou spakest sometime in visions unto thy saints, and saidst: I have laid help upon one that is mighty, I have exalted one chosen out of the people.  20I have found David my servant, with my holy oil have I anointed him.  21My hand shall hold him fast, and mine arm shall strengthen him.  22The enemy shall not overcome him, and the son of wickedness shall not hurt him.  23I shall smite down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.  24My truth also my mercy shall be with him, and in my name shall his horn be exalted.  25I will set his hand in the sea, and his right hand in the floods.  26He shall call me: Thou art my father, my God, and the strength of my salvation.  27And I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.  28My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.  29His seed will I make to endure for ever, yea and his throne as the days of heaven.  30But if his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgements.  31If they break mine ordinances, and keep not my commandments.  32I will visit their offenses with the rod, and their sins with scourges.  33Nevertheless, my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my truth to fail.  34My covenant will I not break, nor disannull the thing that is gone out of my lips.  35I have sworn once by my holiness, that I will not fail David.  36His seed shall endure forever, and his seat also like as the sun before me.  37He shall stand fast for evermore as the moon, and as the faithful witness in heaven. Selah.  38But now thou forsakest and abhorrest thine annointed, and art displeased at him.  39Thou hast turned back the covenant of thy servant, and cast his crown to the ground.  40Thou hast overthrown all his hedges, and broken down his strongholds.  41All they that go by, spoil him, he is become a rebuke to his neighbours.  42Thou settest up the right hand of his enemies, and makest all his adversaries to rejoice.  43Thou hast taken away the strength of his sword, and givest him not victory in the battle.  44Thou hast put out his glory, and cast his Throne down to the ground.  45The days of his youth hast thou shortened, and covered him with dishonour. Selah.  46LORD, how long wilt thou hide thyself? for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire?  47O remember how short my time is, hast thou made all men for naught?  48What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? May a man deliver his own soul from the hand of hell? Selah.  49Lord, where are thy old loving-kindnesses, which thou sworest unto David in thy truth?  50Remember Lord the rebuke that the multitude of the people do unto thy servants, and how I have borne it in my bosom.  51Wherewith thine enemies blaspheme thee, and slander the footsteps of thine anointed.  52Thanks be to the LORD for evermore: Amen: Amen.  

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Quote:
Jadmin wrote:

Heman wrote:

Yes i esteem the lowliest of men (and also WOMEN) because God hath greatly exalted them.

Luke 1:46-56
46And Mary said: My soul magnifieth the Lord.  47And my spirit rejoiceth in God my saviour:  48For he hath looked on the poor degree of his handmaiden. Behold now from hence forth shall all generations call me blessed.  49For he that is mighty hath done to me great things, and blessed is his name.  50And his mercy is always on them that fear him thorowout all generations.  51He hath shewed strength with his arm, he hath scattered them that are proud in the imagination of their hearts.  52He hath put Down the mighty from their seats, and hath exalted them of low degree.  53He hath filled the hungry with good things: And hath sent away the rich empty.  54He hath remembered mercy: and hath holpen his servant Israel.  55Even as he promised to our fathers, Abraham and to his seed for ever.  56And Mary abode with her about a three months; And returned home again.   

Psalms 89:1-52
1An instruction of Ethan the Ezrahite. My song shall be alway of the loving-kindness of the LORD, with my mouth will I ever be shewing my faithfulness from one generation to another.  2For I have said: Mercy shall be set up for ever, thy faithfulness shalt thou stablish in the heavens.  3I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant.  4Thy seed will I stablish forever, and set up thy throne from one generations to another. Selah.  5O LORD the very heavens shall praise thy wonderous works, yea and thy faithfulness in the congregation of the saints.  6For who is he among the clouds, that may be compared unto the LORD? Yea what is he among the gods, that is like unto the LORD?  7God is greatly to be feared in the council of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.  8O LORD God of Hosts, who is like unto thee in power? thy truth is round about thee.  9Thou rulest the pride of the sea, thou fillest the waves thereof, when they arise.  10Thou breakest the proud, like one that is wounded, thou scatterest thine enemies abroad with thy mighty arm.  11The heavens are thine, the earth is thine: thou hast laid the foundation of the round world and all that therein is.  12Thou hast made the north and the south, Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy name.  13Thou hast a mighty arm, strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.  14Righteousness and equity is the habitation of thy seat, mercy and truth go before thy face.  15Blessed is the people, O LORD, that can rejoice in thee, and walketh in the light of thy countenance.  16Their delight is in thy name all the day long, and thorow thy righteousness they shall be exalted.  17For thou art the glory of their strength, and thorow thy favour shalt thou lift up our horns.  18The LORD is our defence, and the holy one of Israel is our king.  19Thou spakest sometime in visions unto thy saints, and saidst: I have laid help upon one that is mighty, I have exalted one chosen out of the people.  20I have found David my servant, with my holy oil have I anointed him.  21My hand shall hold him fast, and mine arm shall strengthen him.  22The enemy shall not overcome him, and the son of wickedness shall not hurt him.  23I shall smite down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.  24My truth also my mercy shall be with him, and in my name shall his horn be exalted.  25I will set his hand in the sea, and his right hand in the floods.  26He shall call me: Thou art my father, my God, and the strength of my salvation.  27And I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.  28My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.  29His seed will I make to endure for ever, yea and his throne as the days of heaven.  30But if his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgements.  31If they break mine ordinances, and keep not my commandments.  32I will visit their offenses with the rod, and their sins with scourges.  33Nevertheless, my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my truth to fail.  34My covenant will I not break, nor disannull the thing that is gone out of my lips.  35I have sworn once by my holiness, that I will not fail David.  36His seed shall endure forever, and his seat also like as the sun before me.  37He shall stand fast for evermore as the moon, and as the faithful witness in heaven. Selah.  38But now thou forsakest and abhorrest thine annointed, and art displeased at him.  39Thou hast turned back the covenant of thy servant, and cast his crown to the ground.  40Thou hast overthrown all his hedges, and broken down his strongholds.  41All they that go by, spoil him, he is become a rebuke to his neighbours.  42Thou settest up the right hand of his enemies, and makest all his adversaries to rejoice.  43Thou hast taken away the strength of his sword, and givest him not victory in the battle.  44Thou hast put out his glory, and cast his Throne down to the ground.  45The days of his youth hast thou shortened, and covered him with dishonour. Selah.  46LORD, how long wilt thou hide thyself? for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire?  47O remember how short my time is, hast thou made all men for naught?  48What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? May a man deliver his own soul from the hand of hell? Selah.  49Lord, where are thy old loving-kindnesses, which thou sworest unto David in thy truth?  50Remember Lord the rebuke that the multitude of the people do unto thy servants, and how I have borne it in my bosom.  51Wherewith thine enemies blaspheme thee, and slander the footsteps of thine anointed.  52Thanks be to the LORD for evermore: Amen: Amen.  

You think that the lowiest unbelieving Kings, Presidents, and Idolaters will be exhalted???

Listen to what HE says! He is far greater than Moses and Elijah, the Law and the Prophets."
This is why the transfiguration occurred. God wanted to make it very clear to the disciples that His way of life is based on the life and death and life again of Jesus Christ, not on the Jews' traditional beliefs.

He had to stun the disciples so that they would put Jesus and His teachings on a higher level than Judaism?even higher than the teachings of Moses and Elijah.

Whatever Jesus says is far more important to our salvation than the minutiae of Moses' law or the vagaries of prophecy. In many instances, Jesus makes upgrades to Old Testament law, giving a higher, spiritual meaning (for instance, Matthew 5:21-22).
Hear Him!

Luke 1:46-55
A magnificent canticle, in which the strain of Hannah's ancient song, in like circumstances, is caught up, and just slightly modified and sublimed.

Is it unnatural to suppose that the spirit of the blessed Virgin had been drawn beforehand into mysterious sympathy with the ideas and the tone of this hymn, so that when the life and fire of inspiration penetrated her whole soul it spontaneously swept the chorus of this song, enriching the Hymnal of the Church with that spirit-stirring canticle which has resounded ever since from its temple walls?

In both songs, those holy women, filled with wonder to behold "the proud, the mighty, the rich," passed by, and, in their persons the lowliest chosen to usher in the greatest events, sing of this as no capricious movement, but a great law of the kingdom of God, by which He delights to "put down the mighty from their seats and exalt them of low degree."

In both songs the strain dies away on CHRIST; in Hannah's under the name of "Jehovah's King"--to whom, through all His line, from David onwards to Himself, He will "give strength"; His "Anointed," whose horn He will exalt (1 Sam 2:10); in the Virgin's song, it is as the "Help" promised to Israel by all the prophets.

My soul . . . my spirit--"all that is within me" (Psalms 103:1).
The result is that humble Israel is now to be exalted according to God's promise to Abraham.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heman wrote:
You think that the lowiest unbelieving Kings, Presidents, and Idolaters will be exhalted???

Listen to what HE says! He is far greater than Moses and Elijah, the Law and the Prophets."

To think is not the same as putting words in others' mouth.
For the Everlasting LORD spoke directly unto Moses:

Exo 33:19 And he said: I will make all my good go before thee, and I will be called in this name Jehovah {Iehouah} before thee, and will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy, and will have compassion on whom I have compassion.

And also unto Elijah:
1 Kings 19:10-12
10And he answered: I have been thorough angry for the LORD God of Hosts' sake. For the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, and have broken down thine altars and slain the Prophets with the sword, and I onely am left, and they seek my soul to have it too.  11And he said come out and stand before the LORD. And behold, the LORD went by and a mighty strong wind that rent the mountains and brake the rocks before him. But the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind came an earthquake. But the LORD was not in the earthquake.  12And after the earthquake, came fire: but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire, came a small still voice.  

----------------------
Heman wrote:

This is why the transfiguration occurred. God wanted to make it very clear to the disciples that His way of life is based on the life and death and life again of Jesus Christ, not on the Jews' traditional beliefs.

Really, then why doth Iesu Christ say:

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye wot nere{not} what: we know what we worship. For salvation cometh of the jews.

----------------------
Heman wrote:

He had to stun the disciples so that they would put Jesus and His teachings on a higher level than Judaism?even higher than the teachings of Moses and Elijah.

Moses and Elijah are great ensamples of vessels that Iesus the Everlasting Lord choseth, and we ought to honor that.

2 Timothy 2:20-21
20Notwithstanding in a great house are not only vessels of gold and of silver: but also of wood and of earth: Some for honour, and some unto dishonour.  21 If a man purge himself from such fellows, he shall be a vessel sanctified unto honour meet for the Lord, and prepared unto all good works.  

I can't speak for Judaism, but Paul can because he was one raised in the highest order of them:
Romans 9:1-16
1I Say the truth in Christ and lie not, in that whereof my conscience beareth me witness in the holy ghost,  2that I have great heaviness, and continual sorrow in my heart.  3For I have wished myself to be cursed from Christ for my brethren, which are my kinsmen as pertaining to the flesh.  4Which are the Israelites, to whom pertaineth the adoption, ([of the children]) and the glory, and the testaments, and the ordinance of the law, and the service of God, and the promises,  5whose also are the fathers, and they of whom (as concerning the flesh) Christ came: which is God over all things blessed forever Amen.  6I speak not these things as though the words of God had took none effect. For they are not all Israelites which came of Israel;  7Neither are they all children straightway because they are the seed of Abraham: But in Isaac shall thy seed be called,  8that is to say; They which are the children of the flesh, are not the children of God. But the children of promise are counted the seed.  9For this is a word of promise, about this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.  10Neither was it to with her only: but also when Rebecca was with child by one, I mean by our father Isaac,  11yer the children were born, when they had neither done good neither bad (that the purpose of God which is by election, might stand) it was said unto her, not by the reason of works, but by grace of the caller,  12the elder shall serve the younger.   13As it is written: Jacob he loved, but Esau he hated.  14What shall we say then? is there any unrighteousness with God? God forbid.  15For he saith to Moses: I will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy: And will have compassion on whom I have compassion.  16So lieth it not then in a man's will, or running, but in the mercy of God.  

---------------------
Heman wrote:

Whatever Jesus says is far more important to our salvation than the minutiae of Moses' law or the vagaries of prophecy. In many instances, Jesus makes upgrades to Old Testament law, giving a higher, spiritual meaning (for instance, Matthew 5:21-22).
Hear Him!

Let's hear it:
Matthew 5:21-22
21Ye have heard how it was said unto them of the old time: Thou shalt not kill. Whosoever shall kill, shall be in danger of judgement.  22But I say unto you, whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of judgement. Whosoever shall say unto his brother raca, shall be in danger of a council. But whosoever say unto his brother thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.  

Doesn't that apply to you too, specially by slandering a brother like Abraham Lincoln!

Enough please.. For i love you man and your beloved daughter (as you had mentioned) to be safe in the providence of Christ. How is she doing anyway?

Code:
1Pe 3:10 For whoso listeth to love life, and{If any man long after life, and loveth} to see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips, that they speak not guile:
1Pe 3:11 Let him eschew evil and do good: let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord beholdeth them that do evil.
1Pe 3:13 Moreover who is it that will{can} harm you if ye follow that which is good?
1Pe 3:14 Notwithstanding happy<blessed> are ye if ye suffer for righteousness' sake. Nevertheless{Yea and} fear not though they seem terrible unto you,<fear not ye their threatning> neither be troubled:
1Pe 3:15 but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts. Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that ye have,{is in you} and that with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 having a good conscience, that when they backbite you as evil doers, they may be ashamed, forasmuch as they have falsely accused your good conversation in Christ.
1Pe 3:17 It is better (if the will of God be so) that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
1Pe 3:18 Forasmuch as Christ hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, for to bring us to God, and was killed, as pertaining to<was slain after> the flesh: but was quickened in<after> the spirit.
1Pe 3:19 In which spirit, he also went and preached unto the spirits that were in prison,
1Pe 3:20 which were in time past disobedient,<believed not> when the long suffering of God abode exceeding patiently in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few (that is to say eight souls) were saved by water,
1Pe 3:21 which signifieth baptism that now saveth us, not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but in that a good conscience consenteth to God, by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
1Pe 3:22 which is on the{is our} right hand of God, and is gone into heaven, angels, power, and might, subdued unto him.

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Heman wrote:

To think is not the same as putting words in others' mouth.
For the Everlasting LORD spoke directly unto Moses:

Exo 33:19 And he said: I will make all my good go before thee, and I will be called in this name Jehovah {Iehouah} before thee, and will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy, and will have compassion on whom I have compassion.

And also unto Elijah:
1 Kings 19:10-12
10And he answered: I have been thorough angry for the LORD God of Hosts' sake. For the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, and have broken down thine altars and slain the Prophets with the sword, and I onely am left, and they seek my soul to have it too.  11And he said come out and stand before the LORD. And behold, the LORD went by and a mighty strong wind that rent the mountains and brake the rocks before him. But the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind came an earthquake. But the LORD was not in the earthquake.  12And after the earthquake, came fire: but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire, came a small still voice.  

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Really, then why doth Iesu Christ say:

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye wot nere{not} what: we know what we worship. For salvation cometh of the jews.

not on the Jews' traditional beliefs.
They did not recognize Christ as the Messiah! Our salvation comes through Moses, Abraham, and the promises of inheritance, we being Sons of God, in Jesus Christ. "Then are ye sons and not bastards."
----------------------
Heman wrote:

Quote:
Moses and Elijah are great ensamples of vessels that Iesus the Everlasting Lord choseth, and we ought to honor that.

2 Timothy 2:20-21
20Notwithstanding in a great house are not only vessels of gold and of silver: but also of wood and of earth: Some for honour, and some unto dishonour.  21 If a man purge himself from such fellows, he shall be a vessel sanctified unto honour meet for the Lord, and prepared unto all good works.  

I can't speak for Judaism, but Paul can because he was one raised in the highest order of them:
Romans 9:1-16
1I Say the truth in Christ and lie not, in that whereof my conscience beareth me witness in the holy ghost,  2that I have great heaviness, and continual sorrow in my heart.  3For I have wished myself to be cursed from Christ for my brethren, which are my kinsmen as pertaining to the flesh.  4Which are the Israelites, to whom pertaineth the adoption, ([of the children]) and the glory, and the testaments, and the ordinance of the law, and the service of God, and the promises,  5whose also are the fathers, and they of whom (as concerning the flesh) Christ came: which is God over all things blessed forever Amen.  6I speak not these things as though the words of God had took none effect. For they are not all Israelites which came of Israel;  7Neither are they all children straightway because they are the seed of Abraham: But in Isaac shall thy seed be called,  8that is to say; They which are the children of the flesh, are not the children of God. But the children of promise are counted the seed.  9For this is a word of promise, about this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.  10Neither was it to with her only: but also when Rebecca was with child by one, I mean by our father Isaac,  11yer the children were born, when they had neither done good neither bad (that the purpose of God which is by election, might stand) it was said unto her, not by the reason of works, but by grace of the caller,  12the elder shall serve the younger.   13As it is written: Jacob he loved, but Esau he hated.  14What shall we say then? is there any unrighteousness with God? God forbid.  15For he saith to Moses: I will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy: And will have compassion on whom I have compassion.  16So lieth it not then in a man's will, or running, but in the mercy of God.  

---------------------
Heman wrote:

Hear Him!

Let's hear it:
Matthew 5:21-22
21Ye have heard how it was said unto them of the old time: Thou shalt not kill. Whosoever shall kill, shall be in danger of judgement.  22But I say unto you, whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of judgement. Whosoever shall say unto his brother raca, shall be in danger of a council. But whosoever say unto his brother thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.  

Doesn't that apply to you too, specially by slandering a brother like Abraham Lincoln!

Abe was one who KILLED by the sword as Commander and Chief!
Matt 5:21-22 Ye have heard how it was said unto them of the old time: Thou shalt not kill. Whosoever shall kill, shall be in danger of judgement. 22But I say unto you, whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of judgement. Whosoever shall say unto his brother raca, shall be in danger of a council. But whosoever say unto his brother thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Rom 3:5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)

Quote:
Enough please.. For i love you man and your beloved daughter (as you had mentioned) to be safe in the providence of Christ. How is she doing anyway?

So far so good. She is having more tests in a couple of weeks to determine if what they did see was tumorous or not.

I hope you realize that my posts are for everyone and not just for you. I am "earnestly contending" as I am instructed by our Lord with the guidance of the "Holy Spirit".

I would emphasize the word "EARNESTLY".
Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Quote:
Code:
1Pe 3:10 For whoso listeth to love life, and{If any man long after life, and loveth} to see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips, that they speak not guile:
1Pe 3:11 Let him eschew evil and do good: let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord beholdeth them that do evil.
1Pe 3:13 Moreover who is it that will{can} harm you if ye follow that which is good?
1Pe 3:14 Notwithstanding happy<blessed> are ye if ye suffer for righteousness' sake. Nevertheless{Yea and} fear not though they seem terrible unto you,<fear not ye their threatning> neither be troubled:
1Pe 3:15 but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts. Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that ye have,{is in you} and that with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 having a good conscience, that when they backbite you as evil doers, they may be ashamed, forasmuch as they have falsely accused your good conversation in Christ.
1Pe 3:17 It is better (if the will of God be so) that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
1Pe 3:18 Forasmuch as Christ hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, for to bring us to God, and was killed, as pertaining to<was slain after> the flesh: but was quickened in<after> the spirit.
1Pe 3:19 In which spirit, he also went and preached unto the spirits that were in prison,
1Pe 3:20 which were in time past disobedient,<believed not> when the long suffering of God abode exceeding patiently in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few (that is to say eight souls) were saved by water,
1Pe 3:21 which signifieth baptism that now saveth us, not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but in that a good conscience consenteth to God, by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
1Pe 3:22 which is on the{is our} right hand of God, and is gone into heaven, angels, power, and might, subdued unto him.

Ps 31:11 I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jadmin wrote:

Heman wrote:
They did not recognize Christ as the Messiah! Our salvation comes through Moses, Abraham, and the promises of inheritance, we being Sons of God, in Jesus Christ. "Then are ye sons and not bastards."

Yes, but not to rub it on their faces like that by taking a verse out of context when it really says:

Hebrews 12:6-11
6For whom the Lord loveth, him he chasteneth: yea, and he scourgeth every son that he receiveth.  7If ye shall endure chastening, god offereth himself unto you, as unto sons. What son is that whom the father chasteneth not?  8If ye be not under correction (where of all are partakers) then are ye bastards and not sons.  9Moreover seeing we had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall not we much rather be in subjection unto the father of spiritual gifts that we might live?  10And they verily for a few days, nurtured us after their own pleasure: but he learneth us unto that which is profitable, that we might receive of his holiness.  11No manner learning for the present time seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it bringeth the quiet fruit of righteousness unto them which are therein exercised.  

Why use their own hebraic costumes to reveal their nakedness!?
That's a very fearful thing taking into account what happened to Noa's son:
Genesis 9:20-27
20And Noe being an husbandman, went forth and planted a vineyard,  21and drank of the wine and was drunk, and lay uncovered in the middest of his tent.  22And Ham the father of Canaan saw his father's privates, and told his two brethren that were without.  23And Sem and Japheth took a mantle, and put it on both their shoulders and went backward, and covered their father's secrets, but their faces were backward, so that they saw not their father's nakedness.  24As soon as Noe was awaked from his wine and wist what his youngest son had done unto him,  25he said: Cursed be Canaan, and a servant, of all servants be he to his brethren.  26And he said: Blessed be the LORD God of Sem, and Canaan be his servant.  27God increase Japheth that he may dwell in the tents of Sem. And Canaan be their servant.  

Code:
Brethren if any of you err from the truth, and another convert him, let the same know, that he which converted the sinner from going astray out of his way, shall save a soul from death, and shall hide the multitude of sins. The end of the pistel of Saynct James. -Jam 5:19-20

Paul well acknowledged:
Code:
Rom 9:3 For I have wished myself to be cursed from Christ for my brethren, which are my kinsmen as pertaining to the flesh.
Rom 9:4 Which are the Israelites, to whom pertaineth the adoption,  [of the children] and the glory, and the testaments,<convenants> and the ordinance of the law, <the law that was given> and the service of God, and the promises,
Rom 9:5 whose also are the fathers, and they of whom (as concerning the flesh) Christ came: which is God over all things blessed forever Amen.
Rom 9:6 I speak not these things as though the words of God had took{taken} none effect. For they are not all Israelites which came of Israel;
Rom 9:7 Neither are they all children straightway because they are the seed of Abraham: But in Isaac shall thy seed be called,
Rom 9:8 that is to say; They which are the children of the flesh, are not the children of God. But the children of promise are counted the seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is a word of promise, about this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 Neither was it so with her only: but also when Rebecca was with child by one, I mean<namely> by our father Isaac,
Rom 9:11 yer the children were born, when they had neither done good neither bad (that the purpose of God which is by election, might stand) it was said unto her, not by the reason<deserving> of works, but by grace of the caller,
Rom 9:12 the elder shall serve the younger.<The greater shall serve the less>
Rom 9:13 As it is written: Jacob he loved, but Esau he hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? is there any unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses: I will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy: And will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So lieth it not then in a man's will, or running,{cunning} but in the mercy of God.

Romans 11:1-36
1I say then: hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For even I verily am an Israelite of the seed of Abraham, and of the tribe of Benjamin;  2God hath not cast away his people which he knew before. Other wot ye not what the scripture saith by the mouth of Helias, how he spake to God against Israel, saying:  3Lord they have killed thy prophets and digged down thine altars: and I am left only, and they seek my death.   4But what saith the answer of God to him again? I have reserved unto me seven thousand men which have not bowed their knees to baal.  5Even so at this time is there a remnant left thorow the election of grace.  6If it be of grace then is it not by the deserving of works. For then were favour no more favour. If it be by the deserving of works, then is there no favour. For then were deserving no deserving.  7What then? Israel hath not obtained that that he sought. No but yet the election hath obtained it. The remnant are blinded,  8according as it is written: God hath given them the spirit of unquietness: eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear, even unto this day.  9And David saith: Let their table be made a snare to take them withal, and an occasion to fall, and a reward unto them.  10Let their eyes be blinded that they see not: and ever bow down their backs.  11I say then: Have they therefore stumbled that they should but fall only? God forbid: but thorow their fall is health happened unto the gentiles for to provoke them withal.  12Wherefore if the fall of them, be the riches of the world: and the minishing of them the riches of the gentiles: How much more should it be so if they all believed.   13I speak to you gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the gentiles I will magnify mine office  14that might provoke them which are my flesh: and might save some of them.  15For if the casting away of them, be the reconciling of the world: what shall the receiving of them be, but life again from death?  16For if one piece be holy, the whole heap is holy. And if the root be holy, the branches are holy also.  17Though some of the branches be broken off, and thou being a wild olive tree art graft in among them, and made partaker of the root, and fatness of the olive tree,  18boast not thyself against the branches. For if thou boast thyself, remember that thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.  19Thou wilt say then: the branches are broken off, that I might be graft in.  20Thou sayest well: because of unbelief they are broken off, and thou standest steadfast in faith. Be not high minded, but fear:  21seeing that God spared not the natural branches, lest haply he also spare not thee.  22Behold the kindness and rigorousness of God: on them which fell, rigorousness: but towards thee kindness, if thou continue in his kindness. Or else thou shalt be hewn off,  23and they if they bide not still in unbelief shall be grafted in again. For God is of power to graft them in again.  24For if thou wast cut out of a natural wild olive tree, and wast graffed contrary to nature in a true olive tree: how much more shall the natural branches be graffed in their own olive tree again.  25I would not that this secret should be hid from you my brethren (lest ye should be wise in your own conceits) that partly blindness is happened in Israel, until the fullness of the gentiles be come in.  26And so all Israel shall be saved. As it is written: There shall come out of Sion he that doth deliver, and shall turn away the ungodliness of Jacob.  27And this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.  28As concerning the gospel; They are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are loved for the fathers' sakes.  29For verily the gifts and calling of God are such, that it cannot repent him of them,  30for look, as ye in time passed have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy thorow their unbelief:  31even so now have they not believed the mercy which is happened unto you; That they also may obtain mercy.  32God hath wrapped all nations in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all.  33O the deepness of the abundant wisdom and knowledge off God: how incomprehensible are his judgements, and his ways unsearchable.  34For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who was his counsellor?  35other who hath given unto him first, that he might be recompensed again?  36For of him, and thorow him, and unto him are all things. To him be glory forever Amen.  

----------------------
Heman wrote:
Matt 5:21-22 Ye have heard how it was said unto them of the old time: Thou shalt not kill. Whosoever shall kill, shall be in danger of judgement. 22But I say unto you, whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of judgement. Whosoever shall say unto his brother raca, shall be in danger of a council. But whosoever say unto his brother thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Who are you to bring such accusation against anyone, let alone Abraham Lincoln that only God knows what he really went through.

If God had mercy on Moses, David, (and even Saul of Tharsus that became apostle Paul) why would you limit God not to have mercy on Abraham Lincoln (as a matter of historic fact) whose lowly state was greatly exalted

Yea God had great mercy on Abraham Lincoln (who ironically just prior to being murdered) acknowledged:
Quote:
"I have been reading the Beatitudes," President Lincoln tells a friend, "and can at least claim the blessing that is pronounced upon those who hunger and thirst after righteousness." .. "When I left Springfield, I asked the people to pray for me; I was not a Christian. When I buried my son?the severest trial of my life?I was not a Christian. But when I went to Gettysburg, and saw the graves of thousands of our soldiers, I then and there consecrated myself to Christ."

--------------------
Heman wrote:

Rom 3:5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)

Who are you (as a man) to judge the rulers that God ordains as the officers to bear his room? Notice that Paul here says that "he speaks as a man" for to give meaning to his exortation that followed, where on the later chapters then will reprove with the authority from above:

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved avenge not yourselves but give room unto the wrath of God. For it is written: vengeance is mine, and I will reward saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger feed him: if he thirst, give him drink. For in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head:
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil: But overcome evil with goodness.
Rom 13:1 Let every soul submit himself unto the authority of the higher powers. [For] There is no power but of God. The powers that be, are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth power, resisteth the ordinance of God. [And] They that resist, shall receive to themselves damnation.
Rom 13:3 For rulers are not to be feared for good works but for evil. Wilt thou be without fear of the power? Do well then: and so shalt thou be praised of the same.

Quote:
Jadmin wrote:

Heman wrote:
So far so good. She is having more tests in a couple of weeks to determine if what they did see was tumorous or not.

The Scriptures encourage us to repent and amend any ways contrary to Christ, (because his ways and thoughts are much higher than ours) and have that good faith that your daughter will be healed even from whatever determined, because our God is the ultimate test.
Malachi 3:10
Bring every Tithe in to my barn, that there may be meat in mine house: and prove me withall (sayeth the LORD of Hosts) if I will not open the windows of heaven unto you, and pour you out a blessing with plenteousness.

1 John 5:14-21
14And this is the trust that we have in him: that if we ask any thing according to his will he heareth us.  15And if we know that he hear us whatsoever we ask, we know that we shall have the petitions that we desire of him.  16If any man see his brother sin a sin that is not unto death, let him ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death, for which say I not that a man should pray.  17All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not unto death.  18We know that whosoever is born of God, sinneth not: but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked toucheth him not.  19We know that we are of God, and that the world is altogether set on wickedness.  20We know that the son of God is come, and hath given us a mind to know him which is true: and we are in him that is true, through his son Jesu Christ. This same is very God, and eternal life.  21Babes keep yourselves from images. Amen. Here ends the first epistle of saint John  

For I perceive that to God a tithe is more than a mere possession that isn't really even ours anyway to begin with.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Know ye not how that your bodies are the temple of the holy ghost, which is in you, whom he have of God, and how that ye are not your own?  20For ye are dearly bought. Therefore glorify ye God in your bodies and in your spirits, for they are God's.  

1 Timothy 6:6-7
6Godliness is great riches, if a man be content with that he hath.  7For we brought nothing into the world, and it is a plain case that we can carry nothing out.  

Code:
Job 1:13 Now upon a certain day when his sons and daughters were eating, and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house,
Job 1:14 there came a messenger unto Job, and said: While the oxen were a plowing, and the Asses going in the pasture beside them:
Job 1:15 the Sabees came in violently, and took them all away: yea they have slain thy<the> servants with the sword, and I only ran my way, to tell thee.
Job 1:16 And while he was yet speaking, there came another, and said: The fire of God is fallen from heaven, it hath consumed, and brent up all thy sheep and servants: and I only ran my way, to tell thee.
Job 1:17 In the mean season while he was yet speaking, there came another, and said: The Caldees made three armies, and fell upon thy<the> camels, which they have carried away, yea and slain thy servants with the sword: and I only am gotten away, to tell thee:
Job 1:18 While he was speaking, there came yet another, and said: Thy sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house,
Job 1:19 and suddenly there came a mighty great wind out of the South, and smote the four corners of the house: which fell upon thy children, so that they are dead: and I am gotten away alone, to tell thee.
Job 1:20 Then Job stood up, and rent his clothes, shaved his head, fell down upon the ground, worshipped,
Job 1:21 and said: Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I turn thither again. The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away,([As it hath pleased the LORD so is it done.]) now blessed be the name of the LORD.

John 3:1-21
1There was a man of the pharisees named Nicodemus a ruler among the jews.  2He came to Jesus by night, and said unto him: Master, we know that thou art, a teacher which art come from God. For no man could do such miracles as thou doest, except God were with him:  3Jesus answered, and said unto him: Verily, verily I say unto thee: except a man be born a new, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  4Nicodemus said unto him: how can a man be born, when he is old? can he enter into his mother's body and be born again?  5Jesus answered: verily, verily I say unto thee: except that a man be born of water, and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  6That which is born of the flesh, is flesh. And that which is born of the spirit, is spirit.  7Marvel not that I said to thee, ye must be born a new.  8The wind bloweth where he listeth, and thou hearest his sound: but canst not tell whence he cometh and whither he goeth. So is every man that is born of the spirit.  9And Nicodemus answered and said unto him: how can these things be?  10Jesus answered and said unto him: Art thou a master in Israel, and knowest not these things?  11Verily, verily I say unto thee, we speak that we know, and testify that we have seen: And ye receive not our witness.  12If I have told you earthly things and ye have not believe: How should ye believe if I shall tell you of heavenly things?  13And no man ascendeth up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, that is to say, the son of man which is in heaven.  14And as Moses lift up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the son of man be lift up,  15that none which believeth in him perish: but have eternal life.  16 God so loved the world, that he gave his only son for the intent, that none that believe in him, should perish: But should have everlasting life.  17For God sent not his son into the world, to condemn the world: But that the world through him, might be saved.   18He that believeth on him shall not be condemned. But he that believeth not, is condemned all ready, because he believeth not in the name of the only son of God.  19And this is the condemnation: Light is come into the world, and the men have loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil.  20For every man that evil doeth, hateth the light: neither cometh to light, lest his deeds should be reproved.  21But he that doth truth, cometh to the light, that his deeds might be known, how that they are wrought in God.  

Job 42:1-17
1Then Job answered the LORD, and said:  2I know that thou hast power over all things, and that there is no thought hid unto thee.  3For who can keep his own counsel so secret, but it shall be known? Therefore have I spoken unwisely, seeing these things are so high, and pass mine understanding.  4O hearken thou unto me also, and let me speak: answer me unto the thing that I will ask thee.  5I have given diligent ear unto thee, and now I see thee with mine eyes.  6Wherefore I give mine own self the blame, and take repentance in the dust and ashes.  7Now when the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, he said unto Eliphas the Themanite: I am displeased with thee and thy two friends, for ye have not spoken the thing that is right before me, like as my servant Job hath done.  8Therefore take seven oxen and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, offer up also for yourselves a brentoffering: and let my servant Job pray for you. Him will I accept, and not deal with you after your foolishness: in that ye have not spoken the thing which is right, like as my servant Job hath done.  9So Eliphas the Themanite, Baldad the Suhite and Sophar the Naamathite went their way, and did according as the LORD commanded them. The LORD also accepted the person of Job,  10and the LORD turned him unto Job, when he prayed for his friends: Yea the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had afore.  11And then came there unto him all his brethren, all his sisters, with all them that had been of his acquaintance afore, and ate bread with him in his house, wondering at him, and comforting him over all the trouble, that the LORD had brought upon him. Every man gave him a sheep and a Jewel of gold.  12And the LORD made Job richer than he was before: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand asses.  13He had children also, seven sons and three daughters.  14The first called Day: the second Poverty: the third All plenteousness.  15In all the land were none found so fair, as the daughters of Job, and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.  16After this lived Job forty years, so that he saw his children, his childrens' children to the fourth generation;  17And so he died, being old and of a perfect age.  

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters. For either he shall hate the one, and love the other: or else he shall lean to the one, and despise that other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Yea as the Lord teaches it is how you really serve in spirit and verity with everything you got.
John 4:24
God is a spirit, and they that worship him, must honour him, in spirit and verity.

----------------------
Heman wrote:

I hope you realize that my posts are for everyone and not just for you. I am "earnestly contending" as I am instructed by our Lord with the guidance of the "Holy Spirit".

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Yea Likewise.. though as the moderator I feel responsible for whatever is posted at this board, and have the right to give an answer to every man that asks me a reason of the hope i have in Jesu Christ who paid such a high price.

Joh 12:24 Verily, verily I say unto you, except the wheat corn fall into the ground and die, it bideth alone. If it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
Joh 12:25 He that loveth his life shall destroy it: And he that hateth his life in this world, shall keep it unto life eternal.<everlasting>
Joh 12:26 If any man minister<serve> unto me, let him follow me and where I am there shall also my minister<servant> be. And if any man minister unto<serveth> me, him will my father honour.

Romans 8:10-39
10If Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin: But the spirit is life for righteousness' sake.  11Wherefore if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from death, dwell in you: even he that raised up Christ from death, shall quicken your mortal bodies, be cause that his spirit dwelleth in you.  12Therefore brethren we are now debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh:  13For if ye live after the flesh, ye must die. But if ye mortify the deeds of the body, by the help of the spirit, ye shall live,  14for as many as are led by the spirit of God, are the sons of God.  15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage to fear any more, but ye have received the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba father.   16The same spirit certifieth our spirit that we are the sons of God.  17If we be sons, we are also heirs (the heirs I mean of God) and heirs annexed with Christ, if so be that we suffer together, that we may be glorified together.  18For I suppose that the afflictions of this life, are not worthy of the glory which shall be shewed upon us.  19Also the fervent desire of the creatures abideth looking when the sons of God shall appear  20because the creatures are subdued to vanity against their will: but for his will which subdued them in hope.  21For the very creatures shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption, into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.  22For we know that every creature groaneth with us also, and travaileth in pain even unto this time.  23Not they only, but even we also which have the first fruits of the spirit mourn in ourselves and wait for the adoption ([of the children God]) and look for the deliverance of our bodies.  24For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is no hope. For how can a man hope for that which he seeth?  25but and if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience abide for it.  26Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities. For we know not, what to desire as we ought: but the spirit maketh intercession mightily for us with groanings which cannot be expressed with tongue.  27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the meaning of the spirit: for he maketh intercession for the saints according to the pleasure of God.  28For we know well that all things work for the best unto them that love God, which also are called of purpose.  29For those which he knew before, he also ordained before, that they should be like fashioned unto the shape of his son, that he might be the first begotten son among many brethren.  30Moreover which he appointed before, them he also called; and which he called, them also he justified; which he justified, them he also glorified.  31What shall we then say unto these things? if God be on our side: who can be against us?  32which spared not his own son, but gave him for us all: How shall he not with him give us all things also?  33Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's chosen? It is God that justifieth:  34who then shall condemn? it is Christ which is dead; Yea rather which is risen again, which is also on the right hand of God and maketh intercession for us.  35Who shall separate us from God's love? shall tribulation? or anguish? or persecution, other hunger? other nakedness? other peril? other sword?  36As it is written: For thy sake are we killed all day long, and are counted as sheep appointed to be slain.  37Nevertheless in all these things we overcome strongly thorow his help that loved us.  38Yea and I am sure that neither death, neither life, neither angel, nor rule, neither power, neither things present, neither things to come,  39neither height, neither lowth, neither any other creature shall be able to depart us from God's love, which is in Christ Jesu our Lord.  

Psalms 31:1-24
1To the chanter a Psalm of David. In thee, O LORD, is my trust: let me never be put to confusion, but deliver me in thy righteousness.  2Bow down thine ear to me, make haste to deliver me: be thou my strong rock, and a house of defense, that thou mayest save me.  3For thou art my stronghold and my castle: O be thou my guide, and lead me for thy name's sake.  4Draw me out of the net that they have laid privily for me, for thou art my strength.  5In to thy hands I comend my spirit: thou hast delivered me O LORD thou God of truth.  6I hate them that hold of vanities, and my trust is in the LORD.  7I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble, thou hast known my soul in adversity;  8Thou hast not delivered me over in to the hands of the enemy, but hast set my feet in a large room.  9Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble mine eye is consumed for very heaviness, yea my soul and my body.  10My life is waxen old with heaviness, and my years with mourning. My strength faileth me because of mine adversity, and my bones are corrupt.  11I am become a very reproof among all mine enemies, my neighbours and they of mine own acquaintance are afraid of me: they that see me in the street, convey themselves from me.  12I am clean forgotten and out of mind, as a dead man: I am become like a broken vessel.  13For I have heard the blasphemy of the multitude: every man abhoreth me: they have gathered a counsel together against me: and are purposed to take away my life.  14But my hope is in the LORD, and I say: thou art my God.  15My time is in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.  16Shew thy servant the light of thy countenance, help me for thy mercies' sake.  17Let me not be confounded, O LORD, for I call upon thee: let the ungodly rather be put to confusion, and brought unto the hell.  18Let the lying lips be put to silence, which cruelly, disdainfully and despitefully speak against the righteous.  19O how great and manifold is thy good, which thou haste hid for them that fear thee? O what things bringest thou to pass for them, that put their trust in thee, even before the sons of men?  20Thou hidest them privily by thine own presence from the proud men, thou keepest them secretly in thy tabernacle, from the strife of tongues.  21Thanks be to the LORD, for he hath shewed me marvelous great kindness in a strong city.  22For when the sudden fear came upon me, I said: I am cast out of thy sight. Nevertheless, thou heardest mine humble prayer, when I cried unto thee.  23O love the LORD, (all ye his saints) for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plenteously rewardeth he the proud doer.  24Be strong therefore and take a good heart unto you, all ye that put your trust in the LORD.  

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Jadmin wrote:

Heman wrote:

Yes, but not to rub it on their faces like that by taking a verse out of context when it really says:

Hebrews 12:6-11
6For whom the Lord loveth, him he chasteneth: yea, and he scourgeth every son that he receiveth.  7If ye shall endure chastening, god offereth himself unto you, as unto sons. What son is that whom the father chasteneth not?  8If ye be not under correction (where of all are partakers) then are ye bastards and not sons.  9Moreover seeing we had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall not we much rather be in subjection unto the father of spiritual gifts that we might live?  10And they verily for a few days, nurtured us after their own pleasure: but he learneth us unto that which is profitable, that we might receive of his holiness.  11No manner learning for the present time seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it bringeth the quiet fruit of righteousness unto them which are therein exercised.  

Why use their own hebraic costumes to reveal their nakedness!?
That's a very fearful thing taking into account what happened to Noa's son:
Genesis 9:20-27
20And Noe being an husbandman, went forth and planted a vineyard,  21and drank of the wine and was drunk, and lay uncovered in the middest of his tent.  22And Ham the father of Canaan saw his father's privates, and told his two brethren that were without.  23And Sem and Japheth took a mantle, and put it on both their shoulders and went backward, and covered their father's secrets, but their faces were backward, so that they saw not their father's nakedness.  24As soon as Noe was awaked from his wine and wist what his youngest son had done unto him,  25he said: Cursed be Canaan, and a servant, of all servants be he to his brethren.  26And he said: Blessed be the LORD God of Sem, and Canaan be his servant.  27God increase Japheth that he may dwell in the tents of Sem. And Canaan be their servant.  

Code:
Brethren if any of you err from the truth, and another convert him, let the same know, that he which converted the sinner from going astray out of his way, shall save a soul from death, and shall hide the multitude of sins. The end of the pistel of Saynct James. -Jam 5:19-20

Paul well acknowledged:
Code:
Rom 9:3 For I have wished myself to be cursed from Christ for my brethren, which are my kinsmen as pertaining to the flesh.
Rom 9:4 Which are the Israelites, to whom pertaineth the adoption,  [of the children] and the glory, and the testaments,<convenants> and the ordinance of the law, <the law that was given> and the service of God, and the promises,
Rom 9:5 whose also are the fathers, and they of whom (as concerning the flesh) Christ came: which is God over all things blessed forever Amen.
Rom 9:6 I speak not these things as though the words of God had took{taken} none effect. For they are not all Israelites which came of Israel;
Rom 9:7 Neither are they all children straightway because they are the seed of Abraham: But in Isaac shall thy seed be called,
Rom 9:8 that is to say; They which are the children of the flesh, are not the children of God. But the children of promise are counted the seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is a word of promise, about this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 Neither was it so with her only: but also when Rebecca was with child by one, I mean<namely> by our father Isaac,
Rom 9:11 yer the children were born, when they had neither done good neither bad (that the purpose of God which is by election, might stand) it was said unto her, not by the reason<deserving> of works, but by grace of the caller,
Rom 9:12 the elder shall serve the younger.<The greater shall serve the less>
Rom 9:13 As it is written: Jacob he loved, but Esau he hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? is there any unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses: I will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy: And will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So lieth it not then in a man's will, or running,{cunning} but in the mercy of God.

Romans 11:1-36
1I say then: hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For even I verily am an Israelite of the seed of Abraham, and of the tribe of Benjamin;  2God hath not cast away his people which he knew before. Other wot ye not what the scripture saith by the mouth of Helias, how he spake to God against Israel, saying:  3Lord they have killed thy prophets and digged down thine altars: and I am left only, and they seek my death.   4But what saith the answer of God to him again? I have reserved unto me seven thousand men which have not bowed their knees to baal.  5Even so at this time is there a remnant left thorow the election of grace.  6If it be of grace then is it not by the deserving of works. For then were favour no more favour. If it be by the deserving of works, then is there no favour. For then were deserving no deserving.  7What then? Israel hath not obtained that that he sought. No but yet the election hath obtained it. The remnant are blinded,  8according as it is written: God hath given them the spirit of unquietness: eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear, even unto this day.  9And David saith: Let their table be made a snare to take them withal, and an occasion to fall, and a reward unto them.  10Let their eyes be blinded that they see not: and ever bow down their backs.  11I say then: Have they therefore stumbled that they should but fall only? God forbid: but thorow their fall is health happened unto the gentiles for to provoke them withal.  12Wherefore if the fall of them, be the riches of the world: and the minishing of them the riches of the gentiles: How much more should it be so if they all believed.   13I speak to you gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the gentiles I will magnify mine office  14that might provoke them which are my flesh: and might save some of them.  15For if the casting away of them, be the reconciling of the world: what shall the receiving of them be, but life again from death?  16For if one piece be holy, the whole heap is holy. And if the root be holy, the branches are holy also.  17Though some of the branches be broken off, and thou being a wild olive tree art graft in among them, and made partaker of the root, and fatness of the olive tree,  18boast not thyself against the branches. For if thou boast thyself, remember that thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.  19Thou wilt say then: the branches are broken off, that I might be graft in.  20Thou sayest well: because of unbelief they are broken off, and thou standest steadfast in faith. Be not high minded, but fear:  21seeing that God spared not the natural branches, lest haply he also spare not thee.  22Behold the kindness and rigorousness of God: on them which fell, rigorousness: but towards thee kindness, if thou continue in his kindness. Or else thou shalt be hewn off,  23and they if they bide not still in unbelief shall be grafted in again. For God is of power to graft them in again.  24For if thou wast cut out of a natural wild olive tree, and wast graffed contrary to nature in a true olive tree: how much more shall the natural branches be graffed in their own olive tree again.  25I would not that this secret should be hid from you my brethren (lest ye should be wise in your own conceits) that partly blindness is happened in Israel, until the fullness of the gentiles be come in.  26And so all Israel shall be saved. As it is written: There shall come out of Sion he that doth deliver, and shall turn away the ungodliness of Jacob.  27And this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.  28As concerning the gospel; They are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are loved for the fathers' sakes.  29For verily the gifts and calling of God are such, that it cannot repent him of them,  30for look, as ye in time passed have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy thorow their unbelief:  31even so now have they not believed the mercy which is happened unto you; That they also may obtain mercy.  32God hath wrapped all nations in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all.  33O the deepness of the abundant wisdom and knowledge off God: how incomprehensible are his judgements, and his ways unsearchable.  34For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who was his counsellor?  35other who hath given unto him first, that he might be recompensed again?  36For of him, and thorow him, and unto him are all things. To him be glory forever Amen.  

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Who are you to bring such accusation against anyone, let alone Abraham Lincoln that only God knows what he really went through.

If God had mercy on Moses, David, (and even Saul of Tharsus that became apostle Paul) why would you limit God not to have mercy on Abraham Lincoln (as a matter of historic fact) whose lowly state was greatly exalted

Yea God had great mercy on Abraham Lincoln (who ironically just prior to being murdered) acknowledged:
Quote:
"I have been reading the Beatitudes," President Lincoln tells a friend, "and can at least claim the blessing that is pronounced upon those who hunger and thirst after righteousness." .. "When I left Springfield, I asked the people to pray for me; I was not a Christian. When I buried my son?the severest trial of my life?I was not a Christian. But when I went to Gettysburg, and saw the graves of thousands of our soldiers, I then and there consecrated myself to Christ."

--------------------
Heman wrote:

Who are you (as a man) to judge the rulers that God ordains as the officers to bear his room? Notice that Paul here says that "he speaks as a man" for to give meaning to his exortation that followed, where on the later chapters then will reprove with the authority from above:

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved avenge not yourselves but give room unto the wrath of God. For it is written: vengeance is mine, and I will reward saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger feed him: if he thirst, give him drink. For in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head:
Rom 13:1 Let every soul submit himself unto the authority of the higher powers. [For] There is no power but of God. The powers that be, are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth power, resisteth the ordinance of God. [And] They that resist, shall receive to themselves damnation.
Rom 13:3 For rulers are not to be feared for good works but for evil. Wilt thou be without fear of the power? Do well then: and so shalt thou be praised of the same.

Quote:
Jadmin wrote:

Heman wrote:

The Scriptures encourage us to repent and amend any ways contrary to Christ, (because his ways and thoughts are much higher than ours) and have that good faith that your daughter will be healed even from whatever determined, because our God is the ultimate test.
Malachi 3:10
Bring every Tithe in to my barn, that there may be meat in mine house: and prove me withall (sayeth the LORD of Hosts) if I will not open the windows of heaven unto you, and pour you out a blessing with plenteousness.

1 John 5:14-21
14And this is the trust that we have in him: that if we ask any thing according to his will he heareth us.  15And if we know that he hear us whatsoever we ask, we know that we shall have the petitions that we desire of him.  16If any man see his brother sin a sin that is not unto death, let him ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death, for which say I not that a man should pray.  17All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not unto death.  18We know that whosoever is born of God, sinneth not: but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked toucheth him not.  19We know that we are of God, and that the world is altogether set on wickedness.  20We know that the son of God is come, and hath given us a mind to know him which is true: and we are in him that is true, through his son Jesu Christ. This same is very God, and eternal life.  21Babes keep yourselves from images. Amen. Here ends the first epistle of saint John  

For I perceive that to God a tithe is more than a mere possession that isn't really even ours anyway to begin with.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Know ye not how that your bodies are the temple of the holy ghost, which is in you, whom he have of God, and how that ye are not your own?  20For ye are dearly bought. Therefore glorify ye God in your bodies and in your spirits, for they are God's.  

1 Timothy 6:6-7
6Godliness is great riches, if a man be content with that he hath.  7For we brought nothing into the world, and it is a plain case that we can carry nothing out.  

Code:
Job 1:13 Now upon a certain day when his sons and daughters were eating, and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house,
Job 1:14 there came a messenger unto Job, and said: While the oxen were a plowing, and the Asses going in the pasture beside them:
Job 1:15 the Sabees came in violently, and took them all away: yea they have slain thy<the> servants with the sword, and I only ran my way, to tell thee.
Job 1:16 And while he was yet speaking, there came another, and said: The fire of God is fallen from heaven, it hath consumed, and brent up all thy sheep and servants: and I only ran my way, to tell thee.
Job 1:17 In the mean season while he was yet speaking, there came another, and said: The Caldees made three armies, and fell upon thy<the> camels, which they have carried away, yea and slain thy servants with the sword: and I only am gotten away, to tell thee:
Job 1:18 While he was speaking, there came yet another, and said: Thy sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house,
Job 1:19 and suddenly there came a mighty great wind out of the South, and smote the four corners of the house: which fell upon thy children, so that they are dead: and I am gotten away alone, to tell thee.
Job 1:20 Then Job stood up, and rent his clothes, shaved his head, fell down upon the ground, worshipped,
Job 1:21 and said: Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I turn thither again. The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away,([As it hath pleased the LORD so is it done.]) now blessed be the name of the LORD.

John 3:1-21
1There was a man of the pharisees named Nicodemus a ruler among the jews.  2He came to Jesus by night, and said unto him: Master, we know that thou art, a teacher which art come from God. For no man could do such miracles as thou doest, except God were with him:  3Jesus answered, and said unto him: Verily, verily I say unto thee: except a man be born a new, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  4Nicodemus said unto him: how can a man be born, when he is old? can he enter into his mother's body and be born again?  5Jesus answered: verily, verily I say unto thee: except that a man be born of water, and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  6That which is born of the flesh, is flesh. And that which is born of the spirit, is spirit.  7Marvel not that I said to thee, ye must be born a new.  8The wind bloweth where he listeth, and thou hearest his sound: but canst not tell whence he cometh and whither he goeth. So is every man that is born of the spirit.  9And Nicodemus answered and said unto him: how can these things be?  10Jesus answered and said unto him: Art thou a master in Israel, and knowest not these things?  11Verily, verily I say unto thee, we speak that we know, and testify that we have seen: And ye receive not our witness.  12If I have told you earthly things and ye have not believe: How should ye believe if I shall tell you of heavenly things?  13And no man ascendeth up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, that is to say, the son of man which is in heaven.  14And as Moses lift up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the son of man be lift up,  15that none which believeth in him perish: but have eternal life.  16 God so loved the world, that he gave his only son for the intent, that none that believe in him, should perish: But should have everlasting life.  17For God sent not his son into the world, to condemn the world: But that the world through him, might be saved.   18He that believeth on him shall not be condemned. But he that believeth not, is condemned all ready, because he believeth not in the name of the only son of God.  19And this is the condemnation: Light is come into the world, and the men have loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil.  20For every man that evil doeth, hateth the light: neither cometh to light, lest his deeds should be reproved.  21But he that doth truth, cometh to the light, that his deeds might be known, how that they are wrought in God.  

Job 42:1-17
1Then Job answered the LORD, and said:  2I know that thou hast power over all things, and that there is no thought hid unto thee.  3For who can keep his own counsel so secret, but it shall be known? Therefore have I spoken unwisely, seeing these things are so high, and pass mine understanding.  4O hearken thou unto me also, and let me speak: answer me unto the thing that I will ask thee.  5I have given diligent ear unto thee, and now I see thee with mine eyes.  6Wherefore I give mine own self the blame, and take repentance in the dust and ashes.  7Now when the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, he said unto Eliphas the Themanite: I am displeased with thee and thy two friends, for ye have not spoken the thing that is right before me, like as my servant Job hath done.  8Therefore take seven oxen and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, offer up also for yourselves a brentoffering: and let my servant Job pray for you. Him will I accept, and not deal with you after your foolishness: in that ye have not spoken the thing which is right, like as my servant Job hath done.  9So Eliphas the Themanite, Baldad the Suhite and Sophar the Naamathite went their way, and did according as the LORD commanded them. The LORD also accepted the person of Job,  10and the LORD turned him unto Job, when he prayed for his friends: Yea the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had afore.  11And then came there unto him all his brethren, all his sisters, with all them that had been of his acquaintance afore, and ate bread with him in his house, wondering at him, and comforting him over all the trouble, that the LORD had brought upon him. Every man gave him a sheep and a Jewel of gold.  12And the LORD made Job richer than he was before: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand asses.  13He had children also, seven sons and three daughters.  14The first called Day: the second Poverty: the third All plenteousness.  15In all the land were none found so fair, as the daughters of Job, and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.  16After this lived Job forty years, so that he saw his children, his childrens' children to the fourth generation;  17And so he died, being old and of a perfect age.  

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters. For either he shall hate the one, and love the other: or else he shall lean to the one, and despise that other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Yea as the Lord teaches it is how you really serve in spirit and verity with everything you got.
John 4:24
God is a spirit, and they that worship him, must honour him, in spirit and verity.

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Yea Likewise.. though as the moderator I feel responsible for whatever is posted at this board, and have the right to give an answer to every man that asks me a reason of the hope i have in Jesu Christ who paid such a high price.

Joh 12:24 Verily, verily I say unto you, except the wheat corn fall into the ground and die, it bideth alone. If it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
Joh 12:25 He that loveth his life shall destroy it: And he that hateth his life in this world, shall keep it unto life eternal.<everlasting>
Joh 12:26 If any man minister<serve> unto me, let him follow me and where I am there shall also my minister<servant> be. And if any man minister unto<serveth> me, him will my father honour.

Romans 8:10-39
10If Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin: But the spirit is life for righteousness' sake.  11Wherefore if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from death, dwell in you: even he that raised up Christ from death, shall quicken your mortal bodies, be cause that his spirit dwelleth in you.  12Therefore brethren we are now debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh:  13For if ye live after the flesh, ye must die. But if ye mortify the deeds of the body, by the help of the spirit, ye shall live,  14for as many as are led by the spirit of God, are the sons of God.  15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage to fear any more, but ye have received the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba father.   16The same spirit certifieth our spirit that we are the sons of God.  17If we be sons, we are also heirs (the heirs I mean of God) and heirs annexed with Christ, if so be that we suffer together, that we may be glorified together.  18For I suppose that the afflictions of this life, are not worthy of the glory which shall be shewed upon us.  19Also the fervent desire of the creatures abideth looking when the sons of God shall appear  20because the creatures are subdued to vanity against their will: but for his will which subdued them in hope.  21For the very creatures shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption, into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.  22For we know that every creature groaneth with us also, and travaileth in pain even unto this time.  23Not they only, but even we also which have the first fruits of the spirit mourn in ourselves and wait for the adoption ([of the children God]) and look for the deliverance of our bodies.  24For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is no hope. For how can a man hope for that which he seeth?  25but and if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience abide for it.  26Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities. For we know not, what to desire as we ought: but the spirit maketh intercession mightily for us with groanings which cannot be expressed with tongue.  27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the meaning of the spirit: for he maketh intercession for the saints according to the pleasure of God.  28For we know well that all things work for the best unto them that love God, which also are called of purpose.  29For those which he knew before, he also ordained before, that they should be like fashioned unto the shape of his son, that he might be the first begotten son among many brethren.  30Moreover which he appointed before, them he also called; and which he called, them also he justified; which he justified, them he also glorified.  31What shall we then say unto these things? if God be on our side: who can be against us?  32which spared not his own son, but gave him for us all: How shall he not with him give us all things also?  33Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's chosen? It is God that justifieth:  34who then shall condemn? it is Christ which is dead; Yea rather which is risen again, which is also on the right hand of God and maketh intercession for us.  35Who shall separate us from God's love? shall tribulation? or anguish? or persecution, other hunger? other nakedness? other peril? other sword?  36As it is written: For thy sake are we killed all day long, and are counted as sheep appointed to be slain.  37Nevertheless in all these things we overcome strongly thorow his help that loved us.  38Yea and I am sure that neither death, neither life, neither angel, nor rule, neither power, neither things present, neither things to come,  39neither height, neither lowth, neither any other creature shall be able to depart us from God's love, which is in Christ Jesu our Lord.  

Psalms 31:1-24
1To the chanter a Psalm of David. In thee, O LORD, is my trust: let me never be put to confusion, but deliver me in thy righteousness.  2Bow down thine ear to me, make haste to deliver me: be thou my strong rock, and a house of defense, that thou mayest save me.  3For thou art my stronghold and my castle: O be thou my guide, and lead me for thy name's sake.  4Draw me out of the net that they have laid privily for me, for thou art my strength.  5In to thy hands I comend my spirit: thou hast delivered me O LORD thou God of truth.  6I hate them that hold of vanities, and my trust is in the LORD.  7I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble, thou hast known my soul in adversity;  8Thou hast not delivered me over in to the hands of the enemy, but hast set my feet in a large room.  9Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble mine eye is consumed for very heaviness, yea my soul and my body.  10My life is waxen old with heaviness, and my years with mourning. My strength faileth me because of mine adversity, and my bones are corrupt.  11I am become a very reproof among all mine enemies, my neighbours and they of mine own acquaintance are afraid of me: they that see me in the street, convey themselves from me.  12I am clean forgotten and out of mind, as a dead man: I am become like a broken vessel.  13For I have heard the blasphemy of the multitude: every man abhoreth me: they have gathered a counsel together against me: and are purposed to take away my life.  14But my hope is in the LORD, and I say: thou art my God.  15My time is in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.  16Shew thy servant the light of thy countenance, help me for thy mercies' sake.  17Let me not be confounded, O LORD, for I call upon thee: let the ungodly rather be put to confusion, and brought unto the hell.  18Let the lying lips be put to silence, which cruelly, disdainfully and despitefully speak against the righteous.  19O how great and manifold is thy good, which thou haste hid for them that fear thee? O what things bringest thou to pass for them, that put their trust in thee, even before the sons of men?  20Thou hidest them privily by thine own presence from the proud men, thou keepest them secretly in thy tabernacle, from the strife of tongues.  21Thanks be to the LORD, for he hath shewed me marvelous great kindness in a strong city.  22For when the sudden fear came upon me, I said: I am cast out of thy sight. Nevertheless, thou heardest mine humble prayer, when I cried unto thee.  23O love the LORD, (all ye his saints) for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plenteously rewardeth he the proud doer.  24Be strong therefore and take a good heart unto you, all ye that put your trust in the LORD.  

The true Christian understands that the way he lives and conducts his life has a great bearing upon whether he will inherit the Kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21).

JAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heman wrote:
The true Christian understands that the way he lives and conducts his life has a great bearing upon whether he will inherit the Kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21).

Gal 5:22 but the fruit of the spirit is, love, joy, peace, longsuffering gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, temperancy:{temperance.}
Gal 5:23 Against such there is no law.

Luk 6:37 Judge not and ye shall not be judged. Condemn not: and ye shall not be condemned. Forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.
Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosoms. For with what measure ye mete, with the same shall men mete<shall it be measured> to you again.
Luk 6:39 And he put forth a similitude unto them: Can the blind lead the blind? Do they not both then fall into the ditch?
Luk 6:40 The disciple is not above his master. Every man shall be perfect, even as his master is.
Luk 6:41 Why seest thou a mote in thy brother's eye, and considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Luk 6:42 Other{Either} how canst thou say to thy brother: Brother let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye: when thou perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Hypocrite, cast out the beam out of thine own eye first, and then shalt thou see perfectly,<clearly> to pull out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Luk 6:43 It is not a good tree that bringeth forth evil fruit: Neither is that an evil tree, that bringeth forth good fruit.
Luk 6:44 For every tree is known by his fruit. Neither of thorns gather men figs, nor of bushes gather they grapes.
Luk 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good. And the{an} evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart, bringeth forth that which is evil. For of the abundance of the heart, the{his} mouth{mought} speaketh.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: