DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE PLAIN TRUTH
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: THE PLAIN TRUTH Reply with quote

Protestants are in the habit of believing that the Reformation abolished all the errors of Rome, and gave us the truth in its purity.

Why should they hold this conclusion?

Were the reformers inspired?

Were Luther, Calvin, John Knox, Wycliffe, and other energetic men who brought about the change in question infallible?

If they were so, there is an end to the controversy: but no one will take a position that is competent to form an opinion on the subject. If the Reformers were not inspired and infallible, is it not right and rational to set the Bible above them, and to try their work by the only standard test which can be applied in our day?

Consider this question: Was it likely the Reformers should at once, and in every particular, emancipate themselves from the spiritual bondage of Romaic tradition?

It was a very partial Reformation, as far as doctrinal rectification was concerned - that but a very small part of the truth has been presented, and that many of the greatest heresies of the Church of Rome were retained, and continue to be the groundwork of the Protestant Church.

The position was not favorable to the exercise of independent judgment. Men so trained were prone to acquiesce in what they were brought up to, from the mere force of habit and interest, sanctioned and strengthened no doubt by the belief that it was, and must of necessity be, true. Moreover, this is the position of the clergy of the present day.

Let them emancipate themselves from the idea that theoretical religion is the business of the pulpit. Let them realize that it is their duty to go to the Bible for themselves.

"How do we interpret the Bible?"

"The Scriptures are able to make thee wise unto salvation" (II Tim. 3:15).

What is the result of this effect?
There is only one answer: by the language, it employs.
It is supposed and assumed that the Bible is not explicit by the ordinary rules of speech, but it is in a language used in an unnatural sense, that has to be interpreted and rendered in a skilled manner.

"The Bible, as a written revelation from God, must be written in language capable of being understood by those to whom it is sent." To this abstract proposition, there is no doubt he would agree.

Nevertheless, suppose his attention were directed to the following statements of Scripture: "The Lord God shall give unto him (Jesus) the throne of his father David" (Luke 1: 32), "and he shall be ruler in Israel" (Micah 5:2), and "shall reign over them in Mount Zion"

(Micah 4:7). For the same Jesus that ascended to heaven shall come again in like manner as he ascended (Acts 1:11). "He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth. Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him"

(Psalms 72:8, 11.) for he shall come in the clouds of heaven, and there shall be given unto him a kingdom, glory and dominion, that all peoples, nations, and languages may serve and obey him (Dan. 7:13-14), and "the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed when the Lord of Hosts shall reign in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously" (Isaiah 24:23).

"It seems plain from this that Christ is coming to the earth again, and that on his return, he will set aside all existing rule upon the earth and reign personally in Jerusalem, as universal king,"

Take another instance: -
"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel" (Micah 5:2).

A promise fulfilled. Matthew 2:1 -
"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of Herod the King behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem."
The fulfillment of the prophecy was in exact accordance with a literal understanding of the words employed, as every one is aware.

In Zechariah, chap. 9:9, we read: -
"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem; behold, thy king cometh unto thee: he is just and having salvation, lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt, the foal of an ass."

It is difficult to conjecture what the spiritualistic method of interpretation would have made of this as a still unfulfilled prophecy.

Matt. 21:2 - "Jesus sent two disciples, saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her; loose them and bring them unto me . . . And the disciples went and did as Jesus commanded them, and brought the ass and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
4 ALL THIS WAS DONE THAT IT MIGHT BE FULFILLED WHICH WAS SPOKEN BY THE PROPHET, SAYING 5 Tell ye the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: THE PLAIN TRUTH Reply with quote

heman wrote:
Protestants are in the habit of believing that the Reformation abolished all the errors of Rome, and gave us the truth in its purity.

The real reformation wasn't about the protestants nor about rome..
Neither was it in the long run about focusing on the errors but rather about graciously acknowledging (at liberty) the foundation of troth and verity that is Jesu Christ our Lord.(our Love)

Revelation 3:7-13
7And write unto the angel of Philadelphia: This sayth he that is holy and true, which hath the key of David: which openeth and no man shuteth, and shuteth and no man openeth.  8I know your works. Behold I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it, for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my sayings: and hast not denied my name.  9Behold. I make them of the congregation of Sathan, which call themselves jews and are not, but do lie. Behold. I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet: and shall know that I have loved thee.  10Because thou hast kept the words of my patience, I will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which will come upon all the world, to tempt them that dwell upon the earth.  11Behold I come shortly. Hold that which thou hast, that no man take away thy crown.  12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. And I will write upon him, the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God and I will write upon him my new name.  13Let him that hath ears, hear what the spirit saith unto the congregations.  

In the sovereign providence of God, the reformation did it's job to open the door to the great Scripture liberty we have even today. Furthermore martyr William Tyndale even acknowledged on the prologue to the first printed English New Testament from the original tongues:
"I have here translated (brethren and sisters most dear and tenderly beloved in Christ) the new Testament for your spiritual edifying, consolation and solace: Exhorting instantly and beseeching those that are better seen in the tongues than I, and that have higher gifts of grace to interpret the sense of the Scripture, and meaning of the Spirit, than I, to consider and ponder my labor, and that with the spirit of meekness. And if they perceive in any places that I have not attained the very sense of the tongue, or meaning of the Scripture, or have not given the right English word, that they put to their hands to amend it, remembering that so is their duty to do. For we have not received the gifts of God for ourselves only, or for to hide them; but for to bestow them unto the honoring of God and Christ, and edifying of the congregation, which is the body of Christ."

Brings to remembrance:
Quote:
2Co 5:20 Now then are we messengers in the room of Christ: even as though God did beseech you thorow us: (MC: exhorted by us) So pray we you (MC: We beseek you now therefore) in Christ's stead, that ye be at one with God:
2Co 5:21 for he hath made him to be sin for us, which knew no sin, that we by his means should be that righteousness which before God is allowed. (aloved)

2 Corinthians 12:19-20
19Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves? we speak in Christ in the sight of God. But we do all things dearly beloved for your edifying.  20For I fear lest it come to pass, that when I come, I shall not find you such as I would: and I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: I fear lest there be found among you lawing, envying, wrath, strife, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, and debate.  

----------------------
Heman wrote:

The Lord God knoweth them that are his. And I perceive that many martyrs certainly were inspired.. because there's no greater inspiration than to follow Christ and give your life as a friend in love for liberty and justice.

2 Timothy 2:19
But the sure ground of God remaineth, and hath this seal: the Lord knoweth them that are his, and let every man that calleth on the name of Christ, depart from iniquity.

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Were Luther, Calvin, John Knox, Wycliffe, and other energetic men who brought about the change in question infallible?

I don't know. Only the most Highest God is infallible, let it be even by whomever fallible man he works through.

----------------------
Heman wrote:

If they were so, there is an end to the controversy: but no one will take a position that is competent to form an opinion on the subject. If the Reformers were not inspired and infallible, is it not right and rational to set the Bible above them, and to try their work by the only standard test which can be applied in our day?

I can't speak for the reformers, but alteast acknowledge how William Tyndale well said in the preface to the Parable of the wicked mammon:
.."There is difference in the names between a pope, a cardinal, a bishop, and so forth, and to say a scribe, a pharisee, a senior, and so forth; but the thing is all one. Even so now, when we have uttered him, he will change himself once more, and turn himself into angel of light. (2 Cor. xi.) Read the place, I exhort thee, whatsoever thou art that readest this, and note it well. The Jews look for Christ, and he is come fifteen hundred years ago, and they not aware: we also have looked for Antichrist, and he hath reigned as long, and we not aware; and that because either of us looked carnally for him, and not in the places where we ought to have sought. The Jews had found Christ verily if they had sought him in the law and the prophets, wither Christ sendeth them to seek. (John v.) We also had spied out Antichrist long ago if we had looked in the doctrine of Christ and his apostles, where, because the beast seeth himself now to be sought for, he roareth, and seeketh new holes to hide himself in, and changeth himself into a thousand fashions, with all manner [of] wiliness, falsehood, subtilty, and craft. Because that his excommunications are come to light, he maketh it treason unto the king to be acquaintd with Christ. If Christ and they may not reign together, one hope we have that Christ shall live ever."...

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Consider this question: Was it likely the Reformers should at once, and in every particular, emancipate themselves from the spiritual bondage of Romaic tradition?

Atleast William Tyndale (ironically a former Catholic Priest) certainly accepted Scripture according to the grace of God bestowed on him. And he acknowledged it by ensample with great meekness as we ought to likewise, yea even emancipating himself at a great price.

----------------------
Heman wrote:

It was a very partial Reformation, as far as doctrinal rectification was concerned - that but a very small part of the truth has been presented, and that many of the greatest heresies of the Church of Rome were retained, and continue to be the groundwork of the Protestant Church.

The position was not favorable to the exercise of independent judgment. Men so trained were prone to acquiesce in what they were brought up to, from the mere force of habit and interest, sanctioned and strengthened no doubt by the belief that it was, and must of necessity be, true. Moreover, this is the position of the clergy of the present day.

Let them emancipate themselves from the idea that theoretical religion is the business of the pulpit. Let them realize that it is their duty to go to the Bible for themselves.

As it is written:
Isaiah 8:20-22
20If any man want light, let him look upon the law and the testimony whether they speak not after this meaning.  21If he do not this he stumbleth and suffereth hunger. And if he suffer hunger, he is out of patience, and blasphemeth his king and his God. Then looketh he upward, and downward to the earth,  22and behold, there is trouble and darkness vexation is round about him, and the cloud of error. And out of such adversity, shall he not escape.  

Isaiah 28:10-13
10Command that may be commanded, bid that may be bidden, forbid that may be forbidden, keep back that may be kept back, here a little, there a little.  11And therefore the LORD also shall speak with lisping lips and with a strange language unto this people, to whom he spake afore of this manner:  12This shall bring rest, if one refresh the weary, yea this shall bring rest. But they had no will to hear.  13And therefore the LORD shall answer their stubborness. (Command that may be commanded, bid that may be bidden, forbid that may be forbidden, keep back that may be kept back, here a little, there a little.) That they may go forth, fall backward, be bruised, snared, and taken.  

----------------------
Heman wrote:

It is supposed and assumed that the Bible is not explicit by the ordinary rules of speech, but it is in a language used in an unnatural sense, that has to be interpreted and rendered in a skilled manner.

"The Bible, as a written revelation from God, must be written in language capable of being understood by those to whom it is sent." To this abstract proposition, there is no doubt he would agree.

God chooses us, and we don't choose him to say that he would agree to anything. Specially taking into account:

Matthew 13:10-17
10And his disciples came, and said to him: Why speakest thou to them in parables?  11He answered and said unto them: It is given unto you to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.  12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given: and he shall have abundance. But whosoever hath not: from him shall be taken away even that same that he hath.  13Therefore speak I to them in similitudes. For though they see, they see not: and hearing they hear not: nether understand.  14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esay, which prophecy saith: with your ears ye shall hear, and shall not understand, and with your eyes ye shall see, and shall not perceive.  15For this people's heart is waxed gross. And their ears were dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed, lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their hearts, and should turn, that I might heal them.  16But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear.  17Verily I say unto you, that many prophets and perfect men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them: and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.  

1 Corinthians 1:26-29
26Brethren look on your calling how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many of high degree are called:  27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world, to confound the wise. And hath chosen the weak things of the world, to confound things which are mighty.  28And vile things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen yea and things of no reputation, for to bring to nought things of reputation,  29that no flesh should rejoice in his presence.  

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Nevertheless, suppose his attention were directed to the following statements of Scripture: "The Lord God shall give unto him (Jesus) the throne of his father David" (Luke 1: 32), "and he shall be ruler in Israel" (Micah 5:2), and "shall reign over them in Mount Zion"

(Micah 4:7). For the same Jesus that ascended to heaven shall come again in like manner as he ascended (Acts 1:11). "He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth. Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him"

(Psalms 72:8, 11.) for he shall come in the clouds of heaven, and there shall be given unto him a kingdom, glory and dominion, that all peoples, nations, and languages may serve and obey him (Dan. 7:13-14), and "the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed when the Lord of Hosts shall reign in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously" (Isaiah 24:23).

"It seems plain from this that Christ is coming to the earth again, and that on his return, he will set aside all existing rule upon the earth and reign personally in Jerusalem, as universal king,"

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel" (Micah 5:2).

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of Herod the King behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem."
The fulfillment of the prophecy was in exact accordance with a literal understanding of the words employed, as every one is aware.

"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem; behold, thy king cometh unto thee: he is just and having salvation, lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt, the foal of an ass."

It is difficult to conjecture what the spiritualistic method of interpretation would have made of this as a still unfulfilled prophecy.

Matt. 21:2 - "Jesus sent two disciples, saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her; loose them and bring them unto me . . . And the disciples went and did as Jesus commanded them, and brought the ass and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
4 ALL THIS WAS DONE THAT IT MIGHT BE FULFILLED WHICH WAS SPOKEN BY THE PROPHET, SAYING 5 Tell ye the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God, which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things.(and judge spiritual matters spiritually) 1Co. 2:12-13

Last edited by JAdmin on Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: THE PLAIN TRUTH Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
heman wrote:

Quote:
The real reformation wasn't about the protestants nor about rome..
Neither was it in the long run about focusing on the errors but rather about graciously acknowledging (at liberty) the foundation of troth and verity that is Jesu Christ our Lord.(our Love)

Revelation 3:7-13
7And write unto the angel of Philadelphia: This sayth he that is holy and true, which hath the key of David: which openeth and no man shuteth, and shuteth and no man openeth.  8I know your works. Behold I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it, for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my sayings: and hast not denied my name.  9Behold. I make them of the congregation of Sathan, which call themselves jews and are not, but do lie. Behold. I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet: and shall know that I have loved thee.  10Because thou hast kept the words of my patience, I will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which will come upon all the world, to tempt them that dwell upon the earth.  11Behold I come shortly. Hold that which thou hast, that no man take away thy crown.  12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. And I will write upon him, the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God and I will write upon him my new name.  13Let him that hath ears, hear what the spirit saith unto the congregations.  

Quote:
In the sovereign providence of God, the reformation did it's job to open the door to the great Scripture liberty we have even today. Furthermore William Tyndale even acknowledged on the prologue to the first printed English New Testament from the original tongues:
"I have here translated (brethren and sisters most dear and tenderly beloved in Christ) the new Testament for your spiritual edifying, consolation and solace: Exhorting instantly and beseeching those that are better seen in the tongues than I, and that have higher gifts of grace to interpret the sense of the Scripture, and meaning of the Spirit, than I, to consider and ponder my labor, and that with the spirit of meekness. And if they perceive in any places that I have not attained the very sense of the tongue, or meaning of the Scripture, or have not given the right English word, that they put to their hands to amend it, remembering that so is their duty to do. For we have not received the gifts of God for ourselves only, or for to hide them; but for to bestow them unto the honoring of God and Christ, and edifying of the congregation, which is the body of Christ."

Ga 1:6 ? I wonder because in a rapid manner you are being changed from the one having called you by the grace of Christ to other gospels:
7 Which other is not ; if not; and some who are troubling you, wish to alter the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should announce to you gladtidings contrary to what we announce to you, let him be a victim devoted for destruction.
9 As we said before, even now I say again, If anyone addresses you with gladtidings contrary to what you received, let him be a victim devoted for destruction.
Quote:
Brings to remembrance:
Quote:
2Co 5:20 Now then are we messengers in the room of Christ: even as though God did beseech you thorow us: (MC: exhorted by us) So pray we you (MC: We beseek you now therefore) in Christ's stead, that ye be at one with God:
2Co 5:21 for he hath made him to be sin for us, which knew no sin, that we by his means should be that righteousness which before God is allowed. (aloved)

2 Corinthians 12:19-20
19Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves? we speak in Christ in the sight of God. But we do all things dearly beloved for your edifying.  20For I fear lest it come to pass, that when I come, I shall not find you such as I would: and I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: I fear lest there be found among you lawing, envying, wrath, strife, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, and debate.  

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Quote:
The Lord God knoweth them that are his. And I perceive that many martyrs certainly were inspired.. because there's no greater inspiration than to follow Christ and give your life as a friend in love for liberty and justice.

2 Timothy 2:19
But the sure ground of God remaineth, and hath this seal: the Lord knoweth them that are his, and let every man that calleth on the name of Christ, depart from iniquity.

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Quote:
I don't know. Only the most Highest God is infallible, let it be even by whomever fallible man he works through.

Php 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
----------------------
Heman wrote:

Quote:
I can't speak for the reformers, but alteast acknowledge how William Tyndale well said in the preface to the Parable of the wicked mammon:
.."There is difference in the names between a pope, a cardinal, a bishop, and so forth, and to say a scribe, a pharisee, a senior, and so forth; but the thing is all one. Even so now, when we have uttered him, he will change himself once more, and turn himself into angel of light. (2 Cor. xi.) Read the place, I exhort thee, whatsoever thou art that readest this, and note it well. The Jews look for Christ, and he is come fifteen hundred years ago, and they not aware: we also have looked for Antichrist, and he hath reigned as long, and we not aware; and that because either of us looked carnally for him, and not in the places where we ought to have sought. The Jews had found Christ verily if they had sought him in the law and the prophets, wither Christ sendeth them to seek. (John v.) We also had spied out Antichrist long ago if we had looked in the doctrine of Christ and his apostles, where, because the beast seeth himself now to be sought for, he roareth, and seeketh new holes to hide himself in, and changeth himself into (an angel of light) a thousand fashions, with all manner [of] wiliness, falsehood, subtilty, and craft. Because that his excommunications are come to light, he maketh it treason unto the king to be acquaintd with Christ. If Christ and they may not reign together, one hope we have that Christ shall live ever."...

The Antichrist is herein revealed by Paul and shows the usage of the slanderer which is the simplicity and that pureness that is in Christ:

Ac 13:8 But Elymas the magician (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.
9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Spirit, set his eyes on him,
10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou son of the devil (slanderer), thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to oppose the right ways of the Lord?
(SEE II COR 11:3) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent deceived Eve by his subtilty, so should your minds be corrupted from the simplicity and that pureness that is in Christ.
4 Indeed for if the one that cometh proclaims another Jesus, whom we have not proclaimed, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not embraced, ye might well bear.
----------------------
Heman wrote:

Quote:
Atleast William Tyndale (ironically a former Catholic Priest) certainly accepted Scripture according to the grace of God bestowed on him. And he acknowledged it by ensample with great meekness as we ought to likewise, yea even emancipating himself at a great price.

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Quote:
As it is written:
Isaiah 8:20-22
20If any man want light, let him look upon the law and the testimony whether they speak not after this meaning.  21If he do not this he stumbleth and suffereth hunger. And if he suffer hunger, he is out of patience, and blasphemeth his king and his God. Then looketh he upward, and downward to the earth,  22and behold, there is trouble and darkness vexation is round about him, and the cloud of error. And out of such adversity, shall he not escape.  

Isaiah 28:10-13
10Command that may be commanded, bid that may be bidden, forbid that may be forbidden, keep back that may be kept back, here a little, there a little.  11And therefore the LORD also shall speak with lisping lips and with a strange language unto this people, to whom he spake afore of this manner:  12This shall bring rest, if one refresh the weary, yea this shall bring rest. But they had no will to hear.  13And therefore the LORD shall answer their stubborness. (Command that may be commanded, bid that may be bidden, forbid that may be forbidden, keep back that may be kept back, here a little, there a little.) That they may go forth, fall backward, be bruised, snared, and taken.  

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Quote:
God chooses us, and we don't choose him to say that he would agree to anything. Specially taking into account:

Matthew 13:10-17
10And his disciples came, and said to him: Why speakest thou to them in parables?  11He answered and said unto them: It is given unto you to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.  12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given: and he shall have abundance. But whosoever hath not: from him shall be taken away even that same that he hath.  13Therefore speak I to them in similitudes. For though they see, they see not: and hearing they hear not: nether understand.  14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esay, which prophecy saith: with your ears ye shall hear, and shall not understand, and with your eyes ye shall see, and shall not perceive.  15For this people's heart is waxed gross. And their ears were dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed, lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their hearts, and should turn, that I might heal them.  16But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear.  17Verily I say unto you, that many prophets and perfect men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them: and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.  

1 Corinthians 1:26-29
26Brethren look on your calling how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many of high degree are called:  27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world, to confound the wise. And hath chosen the weak things of the world, to confound things which are mighty.  28And vile things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen yea and things of no reputation, for to bring to nought things of reputation,  29that no flesh should rejoice in his presence.  

It is up to you to Ask and to be Able. It does not say for us to go and find the sheep but for the sheep to seek while it is still possible!
Mt 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Lu 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

You do not choose him, he must first choose you!

Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Acts 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

Isa 55:6 ? Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Or as Phillip put it so clearly:
Joh 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

Showing the absolute
significance of the Calling and that few there will be that find it!
Mt 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Lu 17:17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?

Ro 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

2Th 2:13 ? But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Nevertheless
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

----------------------
Heman wrote:

Quote:
And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God, which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things.(and judge spiritual matters spiritually) 1Co. 2:12-13

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Mat 6:19 (See that ye) Gather not treasure together on (upon) the earth, where rust and moths corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal.
Mat 6:20 But gather ye treasures together in heaven, where neither rust, nor yet moths corrupt: and where thieves neither break up, nor yet steal.
Mat 6:21 For wheresoever your treasure is, there are your hearts also.(there will your hears be also.)
Mat 6:22 The lamp of the body is thine eye. Wherefore if thine eye be single, (sincere, clear) all thy body is full of light.
Mat 6:23 But and if thine eye be wicked,(malign) then is all thy body full of darkness.(tares) Wherefore if the light that is in thee, be darkness:(tares) how great is that darkness?(how many shall be such tares?)
Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters. For either he shall hate the one, and love the other: or else he shall lean to the one, and despise that other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.(materialism)

2 Timothy 2:16-21
16Unghostly and vain voices pass over. For they shall increase unto greater ungodliness,  17and their words shall fret even as doth a canker: of whose number is Hymeneos and Philetos,  18which as concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already, and do destroy the faith of divers persons.  19But the sure ground of God remaineth, and hath this seal: the Lord knoweth them that are his, and let every man that calleth on the name of Christ, depart from iniquity.  20Notwithstanding in a great house are not only vessels of gold and of silver: but also of wood and of earth: Some for honour, and some unto dishonour.  21 If a man purge himself from such fellows, he shall be a vessel sanctified unto honour meet for the Lord, and prepared unto all good works.  

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Quote:
Mat 6:19 (See that ye) Gather not treasure together on (upon) the earth, where rust and moths corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal.
Mat 6:20 But gather ye treasures together in heaven, where neither rust, nor yet moths corrupt: and where thieves neither break up, nor yet steal.
Mat 6:21 For wheresoever your treasure is, there are your hearts also.(there will your hears be also.)
Mat 6:22 The lamp of the body is thine eye. Wherefore if thine eye be single, (sincere, clear) all thy body is full of light.
Mat 6:23 But and if thine eye be wicked,(malign) then is all thy body full of darkness.(tares) Wherefore if the light that is in thee, be darkness:(tares) how great is that darkness?(how many shall be such tares?)
Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters. For either he shall hate the one, and love the other: or else he shall lean to the one, and despise that other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.(materialism)

2 Timothy 2:16-21
16Unghostly and vain voices pass over. For they shall increase unto greater ungodliness,  17and their words shall fret even as doth a canker: of whose number is Hymeneos and Philetos,  18which as concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already, and do destroy the faith of divers persons.  19But the sure ground of God remaineth, and hath this seal: the Lord knoweth them that are his, and let every man that calleth on the name of Christ, depart from iniquity.  20Notwithstanding in a great house are not only vessels of gold and of silver: but also of wood and of earth: Some for honour, and some unto dishonour.  21 If a man purge himself from such fellows, he shall be a vessel sanctified unto honour meet for the Lord, and prepared unto all good works.  

Heb 10: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting (1551 to wait) till his enemies be made his footstool.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1Ti 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; (see Isa 42:7)

1Th 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

2Ti 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1Ti 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1Ti 6:2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.
3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.
2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
1Ti 1:20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto the adversary, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
1 Tim 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

# NOTE:
Ex 15:4 Am 8:8 Heb 11:29 Drowning was a mode of capital punishment in use among the Syrians, and was known to the Jews in the time of our Lord. To this he alludes in #Mt 18:6

Matt 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the accuser, who are taken alive by it at their choice.

Isa 29:21 That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.

Am 5:12 For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins: they afflict the just, they take a ransom, and they turn aside the poor in the gate from their right.

Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to idols.

Ac 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of the adversaries unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Joh 9:39 ? And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind

2Co 4: 3 But if our gospel be hidden, it is hidden among those to be destroyed: 4 In whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of unbelieving ones, in order that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is an image of God, should not shine forth unto them.

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, who shone in our hearts, for the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the presence of Jesus Christ.

Ps 109:3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.
4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.
5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
6 ? Set thou a wicked man over him: and let adversaries stand at his right hand.

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Job 2:3 And the LORD said unto the accuser, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to swallow him up without cause.

Zec 1:10 And the man that stood among the myrtle trees answered and said, These are they whom the LORD hath sent to walk to and fro through the earth.
Zec 1:11 And they answered the angel of the LORD that stood among the myrtle trees, and said, We have walked to and fro through the earth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.

Ps 103: 19 ? The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Re 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Ps 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Ro 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ?.
Ro 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: re: THE PLAIN TRUTH Reply with quote

The plain truth is Christ and him crucified for our sins;
Yea and the same Jesu Christ risen from death.

And whatever the adversary accuses or slanders,
let it be through religionism, even scholarship or some other disguise,
(still we are covered under the blood of Christ.)
yea even Moses as the Lord well said:

John 5:39-47
39Search the scriptures, for in them, ye think ye have eternal life: And they are they which testify of me.  40And yet will ye not come to me that ye might have life.  41I receive not praise of men:  42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.  43I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not. If another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive.  44How can ye believe, which receive praise one of another, and seek not the praise which cometh of God only?  45Suppose not, that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, verily Moses in whom ye trust.  46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: For he wrote of me.  47But when ye believe not his writing: how shall ye believe my words.  

Nevermind whomever else.. yea I myself have my divers faults and as I amend them am very thankful to God the Lord who bestoweth such mighty grace beyond comprehension. That is why all ought to have a safe attitude in good courage to:

Code:
Examine(prove) all things. Reap(and Keep) that which is good. -1Th. 5:21

2 Corinthians 13:5-8
5Prove yourselves whether ye are in the faith or not. Examine your own selves: know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you? except ye be castaways.  6I trust that ye shall know that we are not castaways.  7I desire before God that ye do none evil, not that we should seem commendable: but that ye should do, that which is honest: and let us be counted as lewd persons.  8We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.  

1 Peter 3:17
It is better (if the will of God be so) that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

Yea like King David who went thorow it likewise:
Psalms 26:2
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try out my reins and my heart.

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: re: THE PLAIN TRUTH Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
The plain truth is Christ and him crucified for our sins;
Yea and the same Jesu Christ risen from death.

And whatever the adversary accuses or slanders,
let it be through religionism, even scholarship or some other disguise,
(still we are covered under the blood of Christ.)
yea even Moses as the Lord well said:

John 5:39-47
39Search the scriptures, for in them, ye think ye have eternal life: And they are they which testify of me.  40And yet will ye not come to me that ye might have life.  41I receive not praise of men:  42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.  43I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not. If another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive.  44How can ye believe, which receive praise one of another, and seek not the praise which cometh of God only?  45Suppose not, that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, verily Moses in whom ye trust.  46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: For he wrote of me.  47But when ye believe not his writing: how shall ye believe my words.  

Nevermind whomever else.. yea I myself have my divers faults and as I amend them am very thankful to God the Lord who bestoweth such mighty grace beyond comprehension. That is why all ought to have a safe attitude in good courage to:

Code:
Examine(prove) all things. Reap(and Keep) that which is good. -1Th. 5:21

2 Corinthians 13:5-8
5Prove yourselves whether ye are in the faith or not. Examine your own selves: know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you? except ye be castaways.  6I trust that ye shall know that we are not castaways.  7I desire before God that ye do none evil, not that we should seem commendable: but that ye should do, that which is honest: and let us be counted as lewd persons.  8We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.  

1 Peter 3:17
It is better (if the will of God be so) that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

Yea like King David who went thorow it likewise:
Psalms 26:2
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try out my reins and my heart.

Ps 103: 19 ? The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure

2Ti 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: (For by grace are ye saved) Reply with quote

Who taught man (even angel) to begin with?
-- I perceive that the most highest teacheth however he favoreth as a holy whole, yea in blessed hopes that all may behold HIS word of testimony sprout alive:

_______
Quote:
For all scripture given by inspiration of God, is profitable to teach, to improve, to inform,(amend) and to instruct in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, and prepared unto all good works. -2Tim. 3:16-17

Yea all scripture including the inspired New Testament fulfilment of the Old Testament!

Quote:
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them: Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel{glad tidings} to all creatures:
Mar 16:16 Whosoever{He that} believeth, and is baptised, shall be safe:{saved.} And whosoever{But he} that believeth not, shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name they shall cast out devils, and shall speak with new tongues,
Mar 16:18 and shall kill serpents. And if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them. They shall lay their hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mar 16:19 So then when the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received into heaven, and sat{him down} on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached everywhere. And the Lord wrought with them; And confirmed their preaching{the word} with miracles that followed. The end of the Gospell off S. Mark.

Quote:
Luk 24:44 And he said unto them: These are the words, which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you: that all must be fulfilled which were written of me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their wits,{understanding} that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 and said unto them: Thus is it written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise again from death the third day.
Luk 24:47 And that repentance, and remission of sins, should be preached in his name among all nations. And the beginning must be{And must begin} at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
Luk 24:49 And behold, I will send the promise of my father upon you. But tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.{above}

Code:
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as it had been the coming of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they sat.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues, [like] as they had been fire, and it sat upon each of them:
Act 2:4 and they were all filled with the holy ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, even as the spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 [And] There were dwelling at Jerusalem jews, devout men, which were of all nations under heaven.
Act 2:6 When this was noised about, the multitude came together{to gether} and were astonied, because that every man heard them speak his own tongue.
Act 2:7 They wondered all, and marveled saying among themselves: Look,{Behold} are not all these which speak of Galilee?
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man his own tongue wherein we were born?
Act 2:9 Parthians, Medes, and Elamites and the inhabiters of Mesopotamia, of Jury, [and of] Capadocia, [of] Ponthus, and of Asia;
Act 2:10 Phrigia, Pamphlia, and of Egypt, and of the parts of Libia, which is beside Syrene; And strangers of Rome;
Act 2:11 Jews and Proselytes,{converts} Greeks and Arabians: We have heard them speak with our own tongues the great works of God.
Act 2:12 They were all amazed, and wondered saying one to another: what meaneth this?

Jeremiah 31:31-34
31Behold, the days come (sayeth the LORD) that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:  32not after the covenant that I made with their fathers, when I took them by the hand, and led them out of the land of Egypt: which covenant they brake, wherefore I punished them sore, sayeth the LORD:  33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, sayeth the LORD: I will plant my law in the inward parts of them, and write it in their hearts, and will be their God, and they shall be my people.  34And from thence forth shall no man teach his neighbour or his brother, and say: Know the LORD: But they shall all know me, from the lowest unto the highest, sayeth the LORD. For I will forgive their misdeeds, and will never remember their sins any more.  

Quote:
Heb 8:7 For if that first testament had been such a one that no man could have found fault with it:(MT: faultless:) then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For in rebuking them he saith: Behold the days will come (saith the Lord) and I will finish upon the house of Israel, and upon the house of Judah, a new testament:
Heb 8:9 not like the testament that I made with their fathers at that time, when I took them by the hands, to lead them out of the land of Egypt, for they continued not in my testament, and I regarded them not saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the testament that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days (saith the Lord:) I will put{give} my laws in their minds,{mind} and in their hearts, I will write them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach, every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: know the Lord: For they shall know me, from the least to the most of them:
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful over their iniquities: and on their sins and on their unrighteousness, will I not think any more.{For I will be merciful over their unrighteousness, and on their sins and on their iniquities.}
Heb 8:13 In that he saith a new testament, he hath abrogate{weareth out} the old. Now that which is disannulled{worn out} and waxed old, is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 10:15-25
15And the holy ghost also beareth us record of this, even when he told before:  16This is the testament that I will make unto them after those days saith the Lord. And I will put my laws in their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,  17and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.  18And where remission of these things is, there is no more offering for sin.  19Seeing brethren that by the means of the blood of Jesu, we may be bold to enter into that holy place,  20by the new and living way, which he hath prepared for us, through the veil, that is to say by his flesh.  21And seeing also that we have an high priest which is ruler over the house of God,  22let us draw nigh with a true heart in a full faith sprinkled in our hearts, from an evil conscience, and washed in our bodies with pure water,  23and let us keep the profession of our hope, without wavering (for he is faithful that promised)  24and let us consider one another to provoke unto love, and to good works:  25and let us not forsake the fellowship that we have among ourselves, as the manner of some is: but let us exhort one another, and that so much the more, because ye see that the day draweth nigh.  

Quote:
Col 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard of it have not ceased praying for you, and desiring that ye might be fulfilled with the knowledge of his will, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding,
Col 1:10 that ye might walk worthy of the Lord in all things that please, being fruitful in all good works and increasing in the knowledge of God
Col 1:11 strengthed with all might, thorow his glorious power,{power according to the might of his glory} unto all patience, and long suffering, with joyfulness,
Col 1:12 giving thanks unto the father which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of saints in light.
Col 1:13 Which hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear son,
Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption thorow his blood, that is to say,{namely the} forgiveness of sins,
Col 1:15 which is the image of the invisible God, first begotten before{of} all creatures:
Col 1:16 for by him were all things created, things that are in heaven, and things that are in earth: things visible, and things invisible: whether they be majesty or lordship, either rule or power.
Col 1:17 All things are created by him, and in him, and he is before all things, and in him all things have their being.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, that is to wit of the congregation, he is the beginning and first begotten of the dead, that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the father that in him should all fullness dwell,
Col 1:20 and by him to reconcile all things unto himself, and to set at peace by him thorow the blood of his cross both things in heaven and things in earth.
Col 1:21 And you (which were in times past strangers and enemies, because your minds were set in evil works) hath he now reconciled
Col 1:22 in the body of his flesh thorow death, to make you holy, and such as no man could complain on,{unblameable} and without fault in his own sight,
Col 1:23 if ye continue grounded and stablished in the faith, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, whereof ye have heard, how that it is preached among all creatures, which are under heaven, whereof I Paul am made a minister.

Quote:
Eph 2:4 But God which is rich in mercy thorow his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 even when we were dead by sin, hath quickened us with{together in} Christ (For by grace are ye saved)
Eph 2:6 and with him hath raised us up, and with him hath made us sit in heavenly things, thorow Jesus Christ;{and hath raised us up together and made us sit together in heavenly things thorow Christ Iesus}
Eph 2:7 For to shew in times to come the exceeding riches of his grace, in kindness to us ward, thorow{in} Christ Jesus.{Iesu.}
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye made safe{saved} thorow faith, and that not of your selves: For it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9 and cometh not of works, lest any man should boast himself.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesu unto good works, unto the which God ordained us before, that we should walk in them.

2 Peter 3:15-18
15And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health, even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you,  16yea, almost in every pistel speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction.  17Ye therefore beloved seeing ye are warned; Beware lest ye be also plucked away with the error of the wicked, and own steadfastness:  18but grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, and saviour Jesus Christ. To whom be glory both now and for ever, Amen. Here endeth the second epistle of saint Peter  

Quote:
1Jo 2:27 And the anointing which ye have received of him dwelleth in you. And ye need not that any man teach you: but as that anointing teacheth you all things, and is true, and is no lie: and as it taught you, even so bide therein.

Quote:
2Co 13:5 Prove yourselves whether ye are in the faith or not. Examine your own selves: know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you? except ye be castaways.
2Co 13:6 I trust that ye shall know that we are not castaways.
2Co 13:7 I desire before God that ye do none evil, not that we should seem commendable: but that ye should do, that which is honest:{good} and let us be counted as lewd persons.{cast aways}

1 John 4:4
Little children, ye are of God, and have overcome them: for greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Amazing how by grace thorow faith we are able to grasp the things significant to the Scriptures. Yea the word of God {i.e. the spirit in his Christ} is who first teacheth thorow the faithful men to begin with:

Quote:
2Ti 2:1 Thou therefore my son be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesu.
2Ti 2:2 And what things thou hast heard of me, many bearing witness, the same deliver to{commit unto} faithful men, which are apt to teach other.{others}
2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore suffer affliction as a good soldier of Jesu Christ.
2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth, entangleth himself with worldly business, and that because he would please him that hath chosen him to be a soldier.
2Ti 2:5 And though a man strive for a mastery, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
2Ti 2:6 The husbandman that laboureth must first receive of{enjoy} the fruits.
2Ti 2:7 Consider what I say. The Lord give thee understanding in all things.
2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ being of the seed of David, rose again from death according to my gospel,{gospell}
2Ti 2:9 wherein I suffer trouble as an evil doer, even unto bonds. But the word of God was not bound.
2Ti 2:10 Herefore I suffer all things, for the elects' sakes, that they might also obtain that health{salvation} which is in Christ Jesu, with eternal glory.
2Ti 2:11 It is a true saying: If we be dead with him, we also shall live with him;
2Ti 2:12 If we be patient, we shall also reign with him; If we deny him, he also shall deny us;
2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet abideth he faithful; He cannot deny himself.

Quote:
2Pe 3:3 This first understand, that there shall come in the last days mockers (in deceitfulness) which will walk after their own lusts
2Pe 3:4 and say: Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers died all things continue in the same estate wherein they were at the beginning.{begginning of the creature}
2Pe 3:5 This they know not (and that willingly){willfully} how that the heavens a great while ago were, and the earth that was in the water, appeared up out of the water by the word of God:
2Pe 3:6 by the which things the world that then was perished overflowen{that time destroyed by the same} with the flood.{water.}
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens verily and earth which are now, are kept by the same word in store, and reserved unto fire, against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.{damnation of ungodly men}
2Pe 3:8 Dearly beloved be not ignorant of this one thing, how that one day is with the Lord, as a thousand year, and a thousand year as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack to fulfil his promise as some men count slackness: but is patient to us ward and would have no man lost, but would receive all men to repentance.{and will not that any man should be lost, but that every man should amend himself}
2Pe 3:10 Nevertheless the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in the which day, the heavens shall perish with terrible{a great} noise, and the elements shall melt with heat, and the earth with the works that are therein shall burn.
2Pe 3:11 If all these things shall perish, what manner persons ought ye to be in holy conversation, and godliness:
2Pe 3:12 looking for, and hasting unto the coming of the day of God,{coming of the LORDE} in which the heavens shall perish with fire, and the elements shall be consumed{elements shall melt} with heat.
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we look for a new heaven, and a new earth, according to his promise, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
2Pe 3:14 Wherefore dearly beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot and undefiled:
2Pe 3:15 And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health,{salvation} even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you,
2Pe 3:16 yea, almost in every pistel{almost in very pistle} speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction.{also, to their own damnation}
2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore beloved seeing ye are warned;{know it beforehand} Beware lest ye be also plucked(MC: plucte) away with the error of the wicked, and [fall from your] own steadfastness:
2Pe 3:18 but grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, and saviour Jesus Christ. To whom be glory both now and for ever, Amen. Here endeth the second epistle of saint Peter

Quote:
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel{messenger} of the congregation which is in Laodicia write: This saith (amen) the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creatures of God.
Rev 3:15 I know thy works that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou were cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art between both, and neither{nether} cold nor{ner} hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth:{mought}
Rev 3:17 because thou sayst thou art rich and increased with goods, and hast need of nothing, and knowest not how thou art wretched and miserable, poor, blind, and naked.
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayst be rich: and white raiment, that thou mayst be clothed, that thy filthy nakedness do not appear: and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayst see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Be fervent therefore and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in unto him and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my seat, even as I overcame and have sitten with my father, in his seat.
Rev 3:22 Let him that hath ears, hear what the spirit saith unto the congregations.

James 1:16-27
16Err not my dear brethren.  17Every good gift, and every perfect gift, is from above and cometh down from the father of light, with whom is no variableness, neither is he changed unto darkness.  18Of his own will begat he us with the word of life, that we should be the first of his creatures.   19Wherefore dear brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to wrath.  20For the wrath of man worketh not that which is righteous before God.  21Wherefore lay apart all filthiness, all superfluity of maliciousness, and receive with meekness the word that is grafted in you, which is able to save your souls:  22And see that ye be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.   23For if any hear the word, and do it not, he is like unto a man that beholdeth his bodily face in a glass.  24For as soon as he hath looked on himself, he goeth his way, and hath immediately forgotten what his fashion was:  25but whosoever looketh in the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein (if he be not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work) he shall be happy in his deed.  26If any man among you seem devout, and refrain not his tongue: but deceive his own heart, this man's devotion is in vain.  27Pure devotion and undefiled before God the father, is this: To visit the friendless, and widows in their adversity, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.  

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: (For by grace are ye saved) Reply with quote

Quote:
2Pe 3:3 This first understand, that there shall come in the last days mockers (in deceitfulness) which will walk after their own lusts

Job 21:3 Suffer me that I may speak; and after that I have spoken, mock on. Be not fretful my dear friend. The God of Abraham be with you and your restraint.
15:8 Hast thou heard the secret of God? and dost thou restrain wisdom to thyself?

Quote:
2Pe 3:4 and say: Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers died all things continue in the same estate wherein they were at the beginning.{begginning of the creature

Job 12:10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
16 With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his.
Quote:
James 1:16-27 16Err not my dear brethren. 17Every good gift, and every perfect gift, is from above and cometh down from the father of light, with whom is no variableness, neither is he changed unto darkness. 18Of his own will begat he us with the word of life, that we should be the first of his creatures.

James 1:14 But every man is tested, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. (Eternal DEATH or Eternal LIFE)
Quote:
Col 1:15 which is the image of the invisible God, first begotten before{of} all creatures:
Col 1:16 for by him were all things created, things that are in heaven, and things that are in earth: things visible, and things invisible: whether they be majesty or lordship, either rule or power.
Col 1:17 All things are created by him, and in him, and he is before all things, and in him all things have their being.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, that is to wit of the congregation, he is the beginning and first begotten of the dead, that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Col 1:12 ? Giving thanks unto the Father, who called and to that hath fitted us for the portion of the inheritance of the holy ones in the light:
13 Who delivered us from the authority of darkness, and caused a change of sides for the kingdom of his beloved Son:
14 In whom we have the redemption, the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the likeness of the unseen God, the firstborn of every creation:
16 because in him were all things created, in the heaven, on the earth, seen and unseen, whether thrones, or lordships, or governments, or authorities: all things have been created on account of him, and for him:17 And he is in advance of all, and in him, all things together have been placed.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is a beginning, firstborn out of dead ones; so that he among all might become preeminent himself.

Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, the Father, and of Christ;
3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 ? And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
Quote:
For all scripture given by inspiration of God, is profitable to teach, to improve, to inform,(amend) and to instruct in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, and prepared unto all good works. -2Tim. 3:16-17

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Col 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Furthermore we should attend to the doctrine until Christ returns to tell us otherwise.
1Ti 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

Until that time we must be ready to defend the "doctrine of Truth".

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Quote:
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them: Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel{glad tidings} to all creatures:

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Peter says:
1 Pet 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Again in Hebrews:
Heb 4:2 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Ga 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

And this was what they preached among other things.

Ga 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Matt 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

We do not go out to put the Gospel of Jesus on public display like Billy Graham and make a mockery of God.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

This is our job:

2 Tim 4:2 Proclaim the word; be instant in when the opportunity occurs, be ready; call to account, admonish, instruct with all patience and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.(Devils; Satans:Goblins; Easter Bunnies)

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 ? I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,

JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Christ our Stronghold Reply with quote

Much mockery is indeed going on.. that's why we need the strength of Christ amore to realize the holy truth as a whole in verity before it's too late.. Thus all things are being discussed in hopes all (that have ears to hear) help eachother prevent such damnation as you have eloquently pointed out: "a victim devoted for destruction.")

Notwithstanding:

1Co 14:36 Sprang the word of God from you? Either came it unto you only?
1Co 14:37 If any man think himself a prophet either spiritual: let him understand,{know} what things I write unto you. For they are the commandments of the Lord.
1Co 14:38 But and if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Of a truth everybody awaits the destruction of death anyway because of sin and it's dire ignorance, but still thank God thorow Jesu Christ (even hereafter in him) have we a healthy judgement.

1 Corinthians 6:2-8
2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? If the world shall be judged by you: are ye not good enough to judge small trifles.  3Know ye not how that we shall judge the angels? How much more may we judge things that pertain to the life?   4If ye have judgements of worldly matters, take them which are despised in the congregation, and make them judges.  5This I say to your shame. Is there utterly no wise man among you? what not one at all? that can judge between brother and brother?  6but one brother goeth to law with another: and that under the unbelievers?  7Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why rather suffer ye not wrong? why rather suffer ye not yourselves to be robbed?   8Nay ye yourselves do wrong, and rob: and that the brethren.  

Yea Saint Paul well said beforehand:

Code:
1Co 2:12 And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God,
1Co 2:13 which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things.{and judge spiritual matters spiritually}
1Co 2:14 For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined:{can not perceive it: for it must be spiritually discerned}
1Co 2:15 but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who knoweth the mind of the Lord, other who shall inform him? but we understand the mind of Christ.

Quote:
1Co 4:1 Let men this wise esteem us, even as the ministers of Christ, and disposers{stewards} of the secrets of God.
1Co 4:2 Furthermore it is required of the disposers{stewards} that they be found faithful.
1Co 4:3 With me is it but a very small thing, that I should be judged of you, either of man's day. No I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4 I know nought by myself: yet am I not thereby justified. It is the Lord that judgeth me.
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, which will lighten things that are hid in darkness: and open the counsels of the hearts. And then shall every man have praise of God.
1Co 3:6 I have planted: Apollo watered: but God gave increase.
1Co 3:7 So then, neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth: but God which gave the increase.
1Co 3:8 He that planteth, and he that watereth, are neither better than the other. Every man yet shall receive his reward according to his labour.
1Co 4:9 Me thinketh that God hath shewed{set forth} us which are apostles, for the hindmost{lowest} of all, as it were men appointed to death. For we are a gazingstock unto the world, and to the angels, and to men,
1Co 4:10 we are fools for Christ's sake, and ye are wise thorow Christ: we are weak, and ye are strong. Ye are honorable, and we are despised.
1Co 4:11 Even unto this day we hunger and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted with fists, and have no certain dwelling place,
1Co 4:12 and labour working with our own hands. We are reviled, and yet we bless. We are persecuted, and suffer it.
1Co 4:13 We are evil spoken of, and we pray. We are made as it were the filthiness{become as it were very outsweepings} of the world, the offscouring of all things, even unto this time.
1Co 4:14 I write not these things to shame you: but as my beloved sons{dear children} I warn you.
1Co 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ: yet have ye not many fathers. In Christ Jesu, I have begotten you thorow the gospel.
1Co 4:16 Wherefore I desire{exhort} you to counterfeit{follow} me. (as I follow Christ)

And even Paul acknowledged how that he needed help:

Eph 6:16 Above all take to you the shield of faith, wherewith ye may quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of health,{salvation} and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God,
Eph 6:18 and pray always with all manner prayer and supplication: and that in the spirit: and watch thereunto with all instance and supplication for all saints,
Eph 6:19 and for me, that utterance{the word} may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth{mought} boldly, to utter the secrets of the gospel,
Eph 6:20 whereof I am a messenger in bonds, that therein I may speak freely, as it becometh me to speak.

And apostle Peter likewise:

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be God the father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which thorow his abundant mercy begat{according to his great mercy hath begotten} us again unto a lively hope, by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from death,{from the dead}
1Pe 1:4 to enjoy an inheritance immortal,{uncorruptible} and undefiled, and that putrifieth(MT: perisheth) not,{which never shall fade away} reserved in heaven for you
1Pe 1:5 which are kept by the power of God thorow faith, unto health, which health{salvation, which salvation} is prepared all ready to be shewed in the last time,
1Pe 1:6 in the which time ye shall rejoice, though now for a season (if need require) ye are in heaviness, thorow many fold temptations,
1Pe 1:7 that your faith once tried being much more precious than gold that perisheth (though it be tried with fire) might be found unto laud, glory, and honour, when Jesus Christ shall appear:{at the appearing of Jesus Christ:}
1Pe 1:8 whom ye have not seen and yet love him, in whom even now, though ye see him not, yet ye believe, and rejoice with joy ineffable,{unspeakable} and glorious:{unoutspeakable and glorious joy}
1Pe 1:9 receiving the end of your faith, the health{salvation} of your souls.
1Pe 1:10 Of which health,{salvation} have the prophets enquired, and sought,{searched} which prophesied of the grace that should come unto you,
1Pe 1:11 searching when, or at what time the spirit of Christ which was in them should signify, which spirit testified before, the passions that should come unto Christ, and the glory that should follow after:
1Pe 1:12 unto which prophets it was declared, that not unto themselves, but unto us, they should minister the things which are now shewed unto you, of them which by{thorow} the holy ghost sent down from heaven, have preached unto you the things which the angels desire to behold.

Yea, even with a great prophetical warning:

Quote:
2Pe 3:15 And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health,{salvation} even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you,
2Pe 3:16 yea, almost in every pistel{almost in very pistle} speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction.{also, to their own damnation}
2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore beloved seeing ye are warned;{know it beforehand} Beware lest ye be also plucked{plucte} away with the error of the wicked, and [fall from your] own steadfastness:
2Pe 3:18 but grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, and saviour Jesus Christ. To whom be glory both now and for ever, Amen.
Here endeth the second epistle of saint Peter

My main point about THE PLAIN TRUTH is that without Christ we really can't do anything absolutely perfect, and will always come short.. Even with mass scholarship, translations, manuscripts what-have-you.. or even (if it were possible) the original Scriptures themselves as first penned would avail nothing without him who is risen from the dead, alive and on high at the right of the father beholding us. For if the foundation (i.e. Jesu Christ) isn't properly acknowledged (especially today) then how do you stand to begin with?

Isaiah 28:16
Therefore thus sayeth the Lord GOD: Behold, I will lay a stone in Sion, a great stone, a costly corner stone, for a sure foundation: that who so putteth his trust in him, shall not be confounded.

Thus saith Christ the Lord:

Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my father is an husbandman.
Joh 15:2 Every branch that beareth not fruit in me; He will take away. And every branch that beareth fruit will he purge that it may bring more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now are ye clean, be that means of{thorow} the words which{because of the word that} I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Bide in me, and I{let me bide} in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it bide in the vine: no more can ye except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, and ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without me can ye do nothing.
Joh 15:6 If a man bide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered: and men gather them,{it} and cast them{it} into the fire, and they{it} burneth.
Joh 15:7 If ye bide in me, and my words also bide in you: ask what ye will, and it shall be given{done to} you.
Joh 15:8 Here in is my father glorified,{praised} that ye bear much fruit, and be made my disciples.
Joh 15:9 As the father hath loved me, even so have I loved you. Continue in my love.
Joh 15:10 If ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall bide in my love, even as I have kept my father's commandments, and bide in his love.
Joh 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, that ye love together as I have loved you.
Joh 15:13 Greater love than this hath no man, than that a man bestow his life for his friends.
Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Joh 15:15 Henceforth call I you not servants: For the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth. But you have I called friends: For all things that I have heard of my father, I have opened to you.
Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you and ordained you that ye go, and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit remain, that whatsoever ye shall ask of my father in my name he should give it you.
Joh 15:17 This command I you, that ye love together.
Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that he hated me before he hated you.
Joh 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own. [Howbeit] Because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore hateth you the world.
Joh 15:20 Remember the saying,{my word} that I said unto you: the servant is not greater than the lord. If they have persecuted me, so will they persecute you. If they have kept my saying,{word} so will they keep yours.
Joh 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they have not known him that sent me.
Joh 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they should have no sin:{not have had sin:} but now have they nothing to cloak their sin withal.
Joh 15:23 He that hateth me, hateth my father.
Joh 15:24 If I had not done works among them which none other man did, they should be without{had not had} sin. But now have they seen, and yet have hated both me and my father:
Joh 15:25 Even that the saying might be fulfilled that is written in their law: they hated me without a cause.
Joh 15:26 But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the father, which is the spirit of verity,{truth} which proceedeth of the father, he shall testify of me.
Joh 15:27 And ye shall bear witness also, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

1 Corinthians 3:11-23
11For other foundation can no man lay, than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  12If any man build on this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, timber, hay, or stubble:  13every man's work shall appear. For the day shall declare it, and it shall be shewed in fire, and the fire shall try every man's work what it is.  14If any man's work that he hath built upon, bide, he shall receive a reward.  15If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he shall be safe himself: nevertheless yet as it were thorow fire.  16Are ye not ware that ye are the temple of God, and how that the spirit of God dwelleth in you?  17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy. For the temple of God is holy, which temple are ye.   18Let no man deceive himself. If any man seem wise among you, let him be a fool in this world, that he may be wise.  19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written: he compasseth the wise in their craftiness.  20And again, God knoweth the thoughts of the wise that they be vain.  21Therefore let no man rejoice in men. For all things are yours,  22whether it be Paul, other Apollo, either Cephas: whether it be the world, either life, either death, whether they be present things or things to come: all are yours,  23and ye are Christ's, and Christ is God's.  

For ensample even William Tyndale had foretold his own fiery death:
WT preface excerpt to the parable of the wicked mammon wrote:
The old Antichrists brought Christ unto Pilate, saying, By our law he ought to die; and when Pilate bade them judge him after their law, they answered, It is not lawful for us to kill any man; which they did to the intent that they which regarded not the shame of their false excommunications, should yet fear to confess Christ, because that the temporal sword had condemned him. THey do all things of a good zeal, they say; they love you so well, that they had rather burn you, than that you should have fellowship with Christ. They are jealous over you amiss, (as saith St. Paul Gal. iv.) They would divide you from Christ and his holy Testament, and join you to the pope, to believe in his testament and promises. Some man will ask, peradaventure, WHy I take the labour to make this work, inasmuch as they will burn it, seeing they burnt the gospel? I answer, In burning the New Testament they did none other thing than that I looked for, no more shall they do if they burn me also, if it be God's will it shall be.

Yea WT out of love for us to have a
pure Scriptural liberty in our spoken tongue was burned alive in the fire as a martyr but his work was tried and hath brought much good fruit, even leading to the uniform English language and encouraging other languages to follow suit likewise.

John 14:12
Verily, verily I say unto you whosoever believeth on me, the works that I do, the same shall he do, and greater works then these shall he do, because I go unto my father.

Code:
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself laudable unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, dividing the word of truth justly.
2Ti 2:16 Unghostly and vain voices pass over. For they shall increase unto greater ungodliness,{As for unghostly and vain talkings, eschew them: for they help much to ungodliness}
2Ti 2:17 and their words shall fret even{their word fretteth} as doth a canker:{cancre} of whose number is Hymeneos and Philetos,
2Ti 2:18 which as concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already,{all ready} and do destroy the faith of divers persons.

Quote:
Rom 9:1 I Say the truth in Christ and lie not, in that whereof my conscience beareth me witness in the holy ghost,
Rom 9:2 that I have great heaviness, and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I have wished myself to be cursed from Christ for my brethren, which are my kinsmen as pertaining to the flesh.
Rom 9:4 Which are the Israelites, to whom pertaineth the adoption, (of the children) and the glory, and the testaments,{convenants} and the ordinance of the law,{the law that was given} and the service of God, and the promises,
Rom 9:5 whose also are the fathers, and they of whom (as concerning the flesh) Christ came: which is God over all things blessed forever Amen.
Rom 9:6 I speak not these things as though the words of God had took{taken} none effect. For they are not all Israelites which came of Israel;
Rom 9:7 Neither are they all children straightway because they are the seed of Abraham: But in Isaac shall thy seed be called,
Rom 9:8 that is to say; They which are the children of the flesh, are not the children of God. But the children of promise are counted the seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is a word of promise, about this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 Neither was it so with her only: but also when Rebecca was with child by one, I mean{namely} by our father Isaac,
Rom 9:11 yer the children were born, when they had neither done good neither bad (that the purpose of God which is by election, might stand) it was said unto her, not by the reason(MC: deserving) of works, but by grace of the caller,
Rom 9:12 the elder shall serve the younger.{The greater shall serve the less}
Rom 9:13 As it is written: Jacob he loved, but Esau he hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? is there any unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses: I will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy: And will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So lieth it not then in a man's will, or running,{cunning} but in the mercy of God.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh: Even for this same purpose{this cause} have I stirred thee up, to shew my power on thee, and that my name might be declared thorowout all the world.{declared in all lands}
Rom 9:18 So hath he mercy on whom he will. And whom he will he maketh hard hearted.{hardeneth}
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me: why then blameth he us yet? For who can resist his will?
Rom 9:20 But O man what art thou, which disputest with God? shall the work say to the workman: why hast thou made me on this fashion?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, even of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 Even so, God willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, suffered with long{brought forth with great} patience the vessels of wrath, ordained to damnation,
Rom 9:23 that he might declare the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had prepared{prepayred} unto glory:
Rom 9:24 that is to say, us which he called, not of the jews only, but also of the gentiles.
Rom 9:25 As he saith in Osee: I will call them my people which were not my people: and her beloved which was not beloved.
Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said unto them: Ye are not my people, that there shall be called the sons{children} of the living God.
Rom 9:27 But Esaias crieth for{concerning} Israel, though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet shall a remnant be saved.
Rom 9:28 He finisheth the work verily and maketh it short in righteousness. For a short word will God make on earth.
Rom 9:29 And as Esaias said before: Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us seed, we had been made as Zodoma, and had been likened to Gomorra.
Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? we say that the gentiles which followed not righteousness, have overtaken righteousness I mean the righteousness which cometh of faith.
Rom 9:31 But Israel which followed the law of righteousness, could not attain unto the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 And wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith: but as it were by the works of the law.{but as it were out of the deserving of works} For they have stumbled at the stumbling stone.
Rom 9:33 As it is written: Behold I put in Syon a stumbling stone, and a rock which shall make men fall.{to be offended at} And none that believe on him, shall be ashamed.{and who so ever believeth on him, shall not be confounded}

The most highest God is absolutely sovereign in his holy providence, and all the devout ought to firstly acknowledge that.

I can do all things thorow the help of Christ, which strengtheneth me. -Phi 4:13

Last edited by JAdmin on Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: