DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Benefactor in Blessings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Happy Benefactor in Blessings Reply with quote

2 Cor 8:14 at this present time of your abundance for them
deficiency so that also their abundance may for your deficiency:
so that there may be equality,
8:15 even as it has been written: He that had more had not abundance, and he that had little, had not lack.

9:5Wherefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, to come before hand to you, for to prepare your pre-announced blessing that it might be ready: thus as a blessing, and not as possessing more.

9:6This yet remember, how that he which soweth little, shall reap little: and he that soweth blessings in blessings shall reap.
9:7 As each one to resolve in the heart, not from grief, or from distress. For God loveth a happy
benefactor
9:8 But God is able all favor for you to abound in that in always and at all times , having suffciency you may abound in every good work.
9:9 As it has been written dissipated to give to the needy. (Ps 112:9; Deut 15:11)

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: benefactor - forgiver Reply with quote

Code:
2Co 9:7 And let every man do according as he hath purposed in his heart, not grudgingly, or of necessity. <|compulsion|> For God loveth a cheerful giver.

If i recall correctly, your post originally had forgiver at 2Co 9:7 and now i see benefactor; that nevertheless brings to light an interesting observation.

Forgiver and Benefactor seem to have a great correlation that brings to attention the Lord's ensample of prayer where it says:
Code:
Mt 6:12 And forgive us our trespasses, <|debts|> even as we forgive them which trespass us. <our trespassers.> <|our debtors|>

According to the Latin <|debts, debtors|> insight translated by Coverdale (and Wycliffe) being a benefactor by forgiving your neighbour's debts: God the benefactor likewise will forgive your debts.

Though there's a fine line how the true benefator works, as Christ taught:

Matthew 15:1-9
1Then came to Jesus: scribes and pharisees from Jerusalem, saying:  2Why do thy disciples transgress the traditions of the seniors? for they wash not their hands, when they eat bread.  3He answered, and said unto them: why do ye also transgress the commandment of God, thorow your traditions?  4For God commanded, saying: honour thy father and mother, and he that speaketh evil against his father or mother, shall suffer death.  5But ye say, every man shall say to his father or mother: whatsoever thing I offer, that same doth profit thee,  6and so shall he not honour his father and mother. And thus have ye made, that the commandment of God is with out effect, through your traditions.  7Hypocrites, well prophesied of you, Esay saying:  8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouths, and honoureth me with their lips, yet their hearts are far from me:  9but in vain they worship me teaching doctrine, which is nothing but men's precepts.  

Matthew 23:1-31
1Then spake Jesus to the people, and to his disciples,  2saying: The scribes and the pharisees sit in Moses' seat,  3 whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do: but after their works do not: for they say, and do not.  4Yea and they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders: but they themselves will not heave them with one finger.  5All their works they do, for to be seen of men. They set abroad their phylacteries, and make large borders on their garments,  6and love to sit uppermost at feasts, and to have the chief seats in the synagogues,  7and greetings in the markets and to be called of men Rabbi.  8But ye shall not suffer yourselves to be called Rabbi, for one is your master, that is to wit Christ, and all ye are brethren.  9And call ye no man your father upon the earth, for one is your father, and he is in heaven.  10Be not called masters, for one is your master, and he is Christ.  11He that is greatest among you, shall be your servant.  12But whosoever exalteth himself, shall be brought low. And he that submiteth himself, shall be exalted.  13Woe be unto you scribes and pharisees dissemblers, for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven before men: ye yourselves go not in, neither suffer ye them that come to enter in.  14Woe be unto you scribes and pharisees, for ye devour widows' houses, and that under a colour of praying long prayers, wherefore ye shall receive greater damnation.  15Woe be unto you scribes and pharisees hypocrites, for ye compass sea and land, to bring one into your belief: and when ye have brought him ye make him two fold more the child of hell, than ye yourselves are.  16Woe be unto you blind guides, for ye say: whosoever swear by the temple, it is nothing: but whosoever swear by the gold of the temple, he is debtor.  17Ye fools and blind? whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold.  18And whosoever sweareth by the altar it is nothing: but whosoever sweareth by the offering that lieth on the altar is debtor.  19Ye fools and blind: whether is greater the offering, or the altar which sanctifieth the offering?  20whosoever therefore sweareth by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all that thereon is.  21And whosoever sweareth by the temple sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.  22And he that sweareth by heaven, sweareth by the seat of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.  23Woe be to you scribes and pharisees dissemblers, for ye tithe mint, anise, and cummin, and leave the weightier matters of the law undone: judgement, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to have left the other undone.  24Ye blind guides, which strain out a gnat, and swallow a camel.  25Woe be to you scribes and pharisees hypocrites, for ye make clean the outer side of the cup, and of the platter: but within they are full of bribery and excess.  26Thou blind pharisee, cleanse first, that which is within the cup and the platter, that the outside may also be clean.  27Woe be to you scribes, and pharisees hypocrites, for ye are like unto painted tombs which appear beautiful outwards: but are within full of dead men's bones and of all filthiness.  28So are ye, for outward ye appear righteous unto men, when within ye are full of dissimulation and iniquity.  29Woe be unto you scribes and pharisees hypocrites, for ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchers of just men,  30and say: If we had been in our fathers' time, we would not have been partners with them in the blood of the prophets.  31So are ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them, which killed the prophets.  

Luke 14:7-35
7He put forth a similitude to the guests, when he marked how they pressed to the highest rooms, and said unto them:  8When thou art bidden to a wedding of any man, sit not down in the highest room, lest a more honorable man than thou be bidden of him,  9and he that bade both him and thee, come and say to thee: give this man room. And thou then begin with shame to take the lowest room.  10But rather when thou art bidden, go and sit in the lowest room, that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee: friend sit up higher. Then shalt thou have praise in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.  11For whosoever exalteth himself, shall be brought low. And he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.  12Then said he also to him that had desired to him to dinner: When thou makest a dinner, or a supper: call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor yet rich neighbours: lest they bid thee again, and make thee recompense.  13But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, and the blind,  14and thou shalt be happy: For they cannot recompense thee. But thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just men.  15When one of them that sat at meat also heard that, he said unto him: happy is he that eateth bread in the kingdom of God.  16Then said he to him: A certain man ordained a great supper, and bade many,  17and sent his servant at supper time, to say to them that were bidden, come: for all things are now ready.  18And they all at once began to make excuse. The first said unto him: I have bought a farm, and I must needs go and see it, I pray thee have me excused.  19And another said: I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I must go to prove them, I pray thee have me excused.  20The third said: I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.  21And the servant went again, and brought his master word thereof. Then was the good man of the house displeased, and said to his servant: Go out quickly into the streets and quarters of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.  22And the servant said: lord it is done as thou commandedst, and yet there is room.  23And the lord said to the servant: Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.  24For I say unto you, that none of those men which were bidden, shall taste of my supper.  25There went a great company with him, and he turned and said unto them:  26If a man come to me, and hate not his father and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, moreover and his own life, he cannot be my disciple.  27And whosoever bear not his cross, and come after me cannot be my disciple.  28Which of you is he that is disposed to build a tower, and sitteth not down before and counteth the cost: Whether he have sufficient to perform it?  29lest after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to perform it, all that behold it, begin to mock him   30saying: This man began to build, and was not able to make an end.   31 What king goeth to make battle against another king, and sitteth not down first, and casteth in his mind, whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand,  32or else while the other is yet a great way off, he will send ambassadors, and desire peace.  33So likewise, none of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, can be my disciple.  34Salt is good, but if salt be corrupt, what shall be seasoned therewith?  35It is neither good for the land, nor yet for the dunghill, men cast it out at the doors. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.  

That James well summarizes:

James 2
1Brethren have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ the Lord of glory in respect of persons.  2If there come into your company a man with a golden ring, and in goodly apparel and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment,  3and ye have a respect to him that weareth the gay clothing and say unto him: Sit thou here in a good place: and say unto the poor, stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:  4are ye not even partial in your selves, and have judged after evil thoughts?  5Hearken my dear beloved brethren, hath not God chosen the poor of this world, which are rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom, which he promised to them that love him?  6But ye have despised the poor. Are not the rich they which oppress you: and they which draw you before judges?  7Do not they speak evil of that good name that is called on over you?  8If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture which saith: Thou shalt love thine neighbour as thyself, ye do well:  9but if ye regard one person more than another, ye commit sin, and are rebuked of the law as transgressors.  10Whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet fail in one point, he is guilty in all.  11For he that said: Thou shalt not commit fornication, said also: thou shalt not kill. Though thou shalt do no fornication, yet if thou kill, thou art a transgressor of the law.  12So speak ye, and so do as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.  13For there shall be judgement merciless to him that sheweth no mercy, and mercy rejoiceth against judgement:  14What availeth it my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, when he hath no deeds? Can faith save him?  15If a brother or a sister be naked or destitute of daily food,  16and one of you say unto them: Depart in peace, God send you warmness and food: notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body: what helpeth it them?  17Even so faith, if it have no deeds is dead in itself.  18But one shall say: Thou hast faith, and I have deeds: Shew me thy faith by thy deeds: and I will shew thee my faith by my deeds.  19Believest thou that there is one God? Thou doest well. The devils also believe and tremble.  20Wilt thou understand o thou vain man, that faith without deeds is dead?  21Was not Abraham our father justified of his deeds when he offered Isaac his son upon the altar?  22Thou seest how that faith wrought with in his deeds, and through the deeds was the faith made perfect.  23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God.  24Ye see then how that of deeds a man is justified, and not of faith only.  25Likewise also was not Raab the harlot justified when she received the messengers, and sent them out another way?  26For as the body, without the spirit is dead, even so faith without deeds is dead.    

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Benefactor Reply with quote

12 For the ministry of this ministration not only supplies the deficiencies of the saints, but also is abundant herein that for this proof of ministering of many, thanksgivings to the Anointed;
13 glorifying God for your submission of confession in the gospel of Christ, and for your simplicity of the fellowship for them, and for all;
14 And by your prayers on behalf of them, because of your passion for the surpassing favor of God upon you.
15 Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift without charge.
1 ? Now I Paul I beseech you by the meekness and clemency of Christ, who in presence is humble among you, but being absent, am confident on account of you:
2 But with trust, not being present, to be confident, which I think to be daring toward some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our army are not of flesh, but mighty through God to the casting down of fortresses;
5 Casting down reasonings, and every high thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God, and leading into captivity every mind into the obedience of Christ;
6 And having prepared to punish all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ForGiver Reply with quote

2 Corinthians 10:4-6
4For the weapons of our war are not carnal things, but things mighty in God to cast down strongholds,  5wherewith we overthrow imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity all understanding to the obedience of Christ,  6and are ready to take vengeance on all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.  

Great point. For the weapons of our war can even apply to us all!

Code:
2Co 13:5 Prove yourselves whether ye are in the faith or not. Examine your own selves: know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you? except ye be castaways.
2Co 13:6 I trust that ye shall know that we are not castaways.
2Co 13:7 I desire before God that ye do none evil, not that we should seem commendable: but that ye should do, that which is honest: <|good|> and let us be counted as lewd persons. <|cast aways|>
2Co 13:8 We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Benefactor Reply with quote

And speaking of benefactor.. How is your daughter doing?

Do you have three daughters like the Heman derived from your forum signature quote?
1 Chronicles 25:5
All these were of the sons of Heman the king's Sear of visions with the word of God, to lift up the horn. God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters.

Sounds very interesting...
What happened to the Heman of Scripture?
That brings up yet another question:
In Psalms 88, is that the same Heman?
Psalms 88
1A Psalm and song of the sons of Corah, to the chanter upon Mahelath, for the affliction, and instruction of Heman the Ezrahite. Oh LORD God my Savior, I cry day and night before thee,  2Oh let my prayer enter into thy presence, incline thine ear unto my calling.  3For my soul is full of trouble, and my life draweth nigh unto hell.  4I am counted as one of them that go down into the pit, I am even as a man that hath no strength.  5Free among the dead, like unto them that lie in the grave, which be out of remembrance, and are cut away from thy hand.  6Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in the darkness and in the deep.  7Thy indignation lieth hard upon me, and thou vexest me with all thy floods. Selah.  8Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me, and made me to be abhorred of them: I am so fast in prison, that I can not get forth.  9My sight faileth for very trouble: LORD, I call daily upon thee, and stretch out my hands unto thee.  10Doest thou shew wonders among the dead? Can the Physicians raise them up again, that they may praise thee? Selah.  11May thy loving-kindness be shewed in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?  12May thy wonderous works be known in the dark? or thy righteousness in the land where all things are forgotten?  13Unto thee I cry, O LORD, and early cometh my prayer before thee.  14LORD, why puttest thou away my soul? Wherefore hidest thou thy face from me?  15My strength is gone for very sorrow and misery, with fearfulness do I bear thy burthens.  16Thy wrathful displeasure goeth over me; the fear of thee oppresseth me.  17They came round about me daily like water, and compass me together on every side.  18My lovers and friends hast thou put away from me, and turned away mine acquaintance.    

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Benefactor Reply with quote

2Co 13:5 Test yourselves if ye are in the faith. Prove your own selves: know ye not your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you if you are not standing the test?
2Co 13:6 I hope that ye will know that we are not rejected.
2Co 13:7 I wish before God that ye do no evil, not that we should appear approved: but that ye may do good or we may be as not standing the test
2Co 13:8 For we have no power against the truth, but on behalf of the truth.

JAdmin wrote:
And speaking of benefactor.. How is your daughter doing?

Do you have three daughters like the Heman derived from your forum signature quote?
1 Chronicles 25:5
All these were of the sons of Heman the king's Sear of visions with the word of God, to lift up the horn. God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters.

Sounds very interesting...
What happened to the Heman of Scripture?
That brings up yet another question:
In Psalms 88, is that the same Heman?
Psalms 88
1A Psalm and song of the sons of Corah, to the chanter upon Mahelath, for the affliction, and instruction of Heman the Ezrahite. Oh LORD God my Savior, I cry day and night before thee,  2Oh let my prayer enter into thy presence, incline thine ear unto my calling.  3For my soul is full of trouble, and my life draweth nigh unto hell.  4I am counted as one of them that go down into the pit, I am even as a man that hath no strength.  5Free among the dead, like unto them that lie in the grave, which be out of remembrance, and are cut away from thy hand.  6Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in the darkness and in the deep.  7Thy indignation lieth hard upon me, and thou vexest me with all thy floods. Selah.  8Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me, and made me to be abhorred of them: I am so fast in prison, that I can not get forth.  9My sight faileth for very trouble: LORD, I call daily upon thee, and stretch out my hands unto thee.  10Doest thou shew wonders among the dead? Can the Physicians raise them up again, that they may praise thee? Selah.  11May thy loving-kindness be shewed in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?  12May thy wonderous works be known in the dark? or thy righteousness in the land where all things are forgotten?  13Unto thee I cry, O LORD, and early cometh my prayer before thee.  14LORD, why puttest thou away my soul? Wherefore hidest thou thy face from me?  15My strength is gone for very sorrow and misery, with fearfulness do I bear thy burthens.  16Thy wrathful displeasure goeth over me; the fear of thee oppresseth me.  17They came round about me daily like water, and compass me together on every side.  18My lovers and friends hast thou put away from me, and turned away mine acquaintance.    

My daughter is doing fine and is in recovery for one more week.
And I only have two daughters and one son, not fourteen, thank goodness.
Heman of 1 Chron 6:33, the son of Joel, temple musicians which David set over the Ark of the House of the Lord and seers of God's word. Elkanah, also a son of Joel in the Song of Samuel, both were Korhathites, tracing all the way back to Moses, Aaron, and Amram. They were from the Families of the Levites.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Benefactor Reply with quote

Thank God your daughter is recovering well.
Does your family trace back to the Levites?

Well, am very glad that you still have some focus to discuss all things!

heman wrote:
2Co 13:5 Test yourselves if ye are in the faith. Prove your own selves: know ye not your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you if you are not standing the test?
2Co 13:7 I wish before God that ye do no evil, not that we should appear approved: but that ye may do good or we may be as not standing the test

What does "not standing the test" certify?

How do you mean by: "not that we should appear approved"?

And would you disapprove with the King James version editing of "approved" at verse:
Quote:
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

After doing some research found out that change took place with the Bishop's bible of 1568 of which the KJV 1611 edited.

It's very interesting that William Tyndale (like a Levite - a reformer priest) originally translated it as:
2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself laudable unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, dividing the word of truth justly.

(Same as was kept in Matthew's Bible, Coverdale 1535, and the Great Bible 1539.)

What would be the difference here between "approved" and "laudable"?
Seems "approved" comes from the Latin as Wycliffe translated, but with it's unique tone:
Code:
2Ti 2:15 Busily keep {Busily care, or keep,} to give thyself an approved, praiseable workman to God, without shame, rightly treating the word of truth.

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Benefactor Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Thank God your daughter is recovering well.
Does your family trace back to the Levites?

Well, I am a descendant.
Quote:
Well, am very glad that you still have some focus to discuss all things!

heman wrote:

Quote:

What does "not standing the test" certify?

How do you mean by:

if"not standing the test" is to imply that we should be always ready to defend the scripture or Christ is not in us.

"not that we should appear approved"? in a manner of raising yourself above others in your own conceit. Be ye "Humble".
Perhaps better said as; "To not just appear as approved but following through by actually doing good.

Quote:
And would you disapprove with the King James version editing of "approved" at verse:
Quote:
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

After doing some research found out that change took place with the Bishop's bible of 1568 of which the KJV 1611 edited.

It's very interesting that William Tyndale (like a Levite - a reformer priest) originally translated it as:
2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself laudable unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, dividing the word of truth justly.

(Same as was kept in Matthew's Bible, Coverdale 1535, and the Great Bible 1539.)

What would be the difference here between "approved" and "laudable"?
Seems "approved" comes from the Latin as Wycliffe translated, but with it's unique tone:
Code:
2Ti 2:15 Busily keep {Busily care, or keep,} to give thyself an approved, praiseable workman to God, without shame, rightly treating the word of truth.

Laudable is praisworthy or commendable
δοκιριον in 2Cor and δοκιρον 2 Tim is the about same in both instances.
1384 Approved, tried, tested; genuine; unadulterated.
and 1383 A proof, proved, criterion, Try Test, Sanction,to prove or show by testing.
To certify, implies official approval because of compliance with the requirements.
Sanction adds positive authorization.
(Greek )Kriterion= means of judging.

Notice the correcton #5543 Χρειστου and not χυ with the Nomina Sacra line over it.
10:7 Do you see things according to appearance? If any man appear to be well off #5543 Χρειστου to rely upon himself, let him consider this again, that even as he is of Christ even so are we also. 10:8 For if I should boast somewhat extra concerning our authority, which the Lord hath given us to build up and not to ruin you, I shall not be ashamed. 10:9 So that what I say should not seem to frighten you with letters.

Last edited by heman on Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Benefactor Reply with quote

Heman wrote:
if"not standing the test" is to imply that we should be always ready to defend the scripture or Christ is not in us.

Brings to attention:
Code:
1Pe 3:14 Notwithstanding happy <|blessed|> are ye if ye suffer for righteousness' sake. Nevertheless <Yea and> fear not though they seem terrible unto you, <|fear not ye their threatning|> neither be troubled:
1Pe 3:15 but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts. Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that ye have, <is in you> and that with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 having a good conscience, that when they backbite you as evil doers, they may be ashamed, forasmuch as they have falsely accused your good conversation in Christ.

It's interesting to note that the expressive English usage of conversation means conduct, behavior, way of life.

Though in regards to Christ being in us (like it or not) he already is specially ever since his blood was shed at Calvary. The question now is: What have people done with that saving health?
Psalms 50:23
Whoso offereth me thanks and praise, he honoureth me: and this is the way, whereby I will shew him the saving health of God.

Heman wrote:

"not that we should appear approved"? in a manner of raising yourself above others in your own conceit. Be ye "Humble".

Brings to attention:
Romans 15:1-4
1We which are strong ought to bear the frailness of them which are weak, and not to stand in our own conceits.  2Let every man please his neighbor unto his wealth and edifying.  3For Christ pleased not himself: but as it is written: The rebukes of them which rebuked thee, fell on me.  4Whatsoever things are written aforetime, are written for our learning that we thorow patience and comfort of the scripture should have hope.  

Heman wrote:

Laudable???
and 1383 A proof, proved, criterion.

The letter (let it be Greek or otherwise) kills, but the spirit gives life.

Laudable hints at being praiseworthy; and means being wholesome, healthy, commendable, and hence approved (with a strong faith ready to stand before God by the thanks-giving in honoring the blood of HIS Christ)
To be Laudable before God signifies being favorable (that in turn implies being full of grace.)

2 Corinthians 3:2-6
2Ye are our pistel written in our hearts, which is understood and read of all men,  3in that ye are known, how that ye are the pistel of Christ, ministered by us and written, not with ink: but with the spirit of the living God, not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.  4Such trust have we thorow Christ to Godward,  5not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as it were of ourselves: but our ableness cometh of God,  6which hath made us able to minister the new testament, not of the letter, but of the spirit: For the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.  

Last edited by JAdmin on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Benefactor Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Heman wrote:

Brings to attention:
Code:
1Pe 3:14 Notwithstanding happy <|blessed|> are ye if ye suffer for righteousness' sake. Nevertheless <Yea and> fear not though they seem terrible unto you, <|fear not ye their threatning|> neither be troubled:
1Pe 3:15 but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts. Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that ye have, <is in you> and that with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 having a good conscience, that when they backbite you as evil doers, they may be ashamed, forasmuch as they have falsely accused your good conversation in Christ.

It's interesting to note that the expressive English usage of conversation means conduct, behavior, way of life.

Though in regards to Christ being in us (like it or not) he already is specially ever since his blood was shed at Calvary. The question now is: What have people done with that saving health?
Psalms 50:23
Whoso offereth me thanks and praise, he honoureth me: and this is the way, whereby I will shew him the saving health of God.

Heman wrote:

Brings to attention:
Romans 15:1-4
1We which are strong ought to bear the frailness of them which are weak, and not to stand in our own conceits.  2Let every man please his neighbor unto his wealth and edifying.  3For Christ pleased not himself: but as it is written: The rebukes of them which rebuked thee, fell on me.  4Whatsoever things are written aforetime, are written for our learning that we thorow patience and comfort of the scripture should have hope.  

Heman wrote:

Laudable???
and 1383 A proof, proved, criterion.

The letter (let it be Greek or otherwise) kills, but the spirit gives life.

Laudable hints at being praiseworthy; and means being wholesome, healthy, commendable, and hence approved (with a strong faith ready to stand before God by the thanks-giving in honoring the blood of HIS Christ)
To be Laudable before God signifies being favorable (that in turn implies being full of grace.)

2 Corinthians 3:2-6
2Ye are our pistel written in our hearts, which is understood and read of all men,  3in that ye are known, how that ye are the pistel of Christ, ministered by us and written, not with ink: but with the spirit of the living God, not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.  4Such trust have we thorow Christ to Godward,  5not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as it were of ourselves: but our ableness cometh of God,  6which hath made us able to minister the new testament, not of the letter, but of the spirit: For the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.  
Amen and just in case you did not see my corrections previously, here they are again.

Laudable is praisworthy or commendable
and 1383 A proof, proved, criterion, Try Test, Sanction,to prove or show by testing.
To certify, implies official approval because of compliance with the requirements.
Sanction adds positive authorization.
(Greek )Kriterion= means of judging.

Notice the correcton #5543 Χρειστου and not χυ with the Nomina Sacra line over it.
10:7 Do you see things according to appearance? If any man appear to be well off (#5543 Χρειστου) to rely upon himself, let him consider this again, that even as he is of Christ even so are we also. 10:8 For if I should boast somewhat extra concerning our authority, which the Lord hath given us to build up and not to ruin you, I shall not be ashamed. 10:9 So that what I say should not seem to frighten you with letters.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: