DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the law and testimony vs. scholarship & manuscripts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: the law and testimony vs. scholarship & manuscripts Reply with quote

Isaiah 8:20
If any man want light, let him look upon the law and the testimony whether they speak not after this meaning.

Psalms 100:5
For the LORD is gracious, his mercy is everlasting, and his truth endureth from generation to generation.

To scholars' shame of today even with many bible translations and technology tools.. that knowledge doesn't even come near to the devout people's wisdom of old that kept the truth real with great purety at heart.

Yea, and who is anybody to say that today there's better "scholarship" than the devout fathers and mothers who faithfully passed the truth to their children?

Brings to attention:

Isaiah 45:9-10
9Woe be unto him that chideth with his maker, the potsherd with the potter: Sayeth the clay to the potter: What makest thou? or thy work serveth for nothing?  10Woe be unto him, that sayeth to his father: Why begettest thou? And to his mother: Why bearest thou?  

Even the following translations of the New Testament by a mere martyr in the 1500s still faithfully stand out against all others today:
Quote:

... covetousness is the root of all evil ..
1 Timothy 6:10
For covetousness is the root of all evil, which while some lusted after, they erred from the faith, and tangled themselves with many sorrows.

... Lord of life ..
Acts 3:15
and killed the Lord of life whom God hath raised from death, of the which we are witnesses:

... this fold .. one flock,
John 10:16
and other sheep I have, which are not of this fold. Them also must I bring, that they shall hear my voice. And there shall be one flock, and one shepherd.

... intent, that none that believe in him, should perish: But should have everlasting life.
John 3:15-19
15that none which believeth in him perish: but have eternal life.  16 God so loved the world, that he gave his only son for the intent, that none that believe in him, should perish: But should have everlasting life.  17For God sent not his son into the world, to condemn the world: But that the world through him, might be saved.   18He that believeth on him shall not be condemned. But he that believeth not, is condemned all ready, because he believeth not in the name of the only son of God.  19And this is the condemnation: Light is come into the world, and the men have loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil.  

... seat of mercy ..
Romans 3:25
whom God hath made a seat of mercy thorow faith in his blood, to shew the righteousness which before him is of valour, in that he forgiveth the sins that are passed,

... profession of our hope ..
Hebrews 10:23
and let us keep the profession of our hope, without wavering (for he is faithful that promised)

... noblest among them of Thessalonia ..
Acts 17:11
These were the noblest among them of Thessalonia, which received the word with all diligence of mind, and searched the scriptures daily whether those things were even so.

... scripture came never by the will of man..
2 Peter 1:21
For the scripture came never by the will of man: but wholy men of God spake as they were moved by the wholy ghost.

... On a Sabbath day ..
Acts 20:7
On a Sabbath day the disciples came together for to break bread, and Paul preached unto them (ready to depart on the morrow) and continued the preaching unto midnight.

... In some Sabbath day ..
1 Corinthians 16:2
In some Sabbath day let every one of you put aside at home, and lay up whatsoever he thinketh meet, that there be no gatherings when I come.

... devout .. devotion
James 1:26-27
26If any man among you seem devout, and refrain not his tongue: but deceive his own heart, this man's devotion is in vain.  27Pure devotion and undefiled before God the father, is this: To visit the friendless, and widows in their adversity, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.  

... Christ is to me life, and death is to me advantage.
PHILIPPIANS 1:18-21
18What thing is this? Notwithstanding by all manner ways, whether it be by occasion or of truth, yet Christ is preached: and therefore I joy. Yea and will joy.  19For I know that this shall be for my health, thorow your prayer, and ministering of the spirit of Jesu Christ,  20as I heartily look for and hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed: but that with all confidence, as always in times past, even so now Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be thorow life, or else death.  21For Christ is to me life, and death is to me advantage.  

... Lord over the kings ..
Revelation 1:5
and from Jesus Christ which is a faithful witness, and first begotten of the dead: and Lord over the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Code:

1Co 2:14 For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined: <|can not perceive it: for it must be spiritually discerned|>
1Co 2:15 but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who knoweth the mind of the Lord, other who shall inform him? but we understand the mind of Christ.

Last edited by JAdmin on Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:

Code:

1Co 2:14 For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined: <|can not perceive it: for it must be spiritually discerned|>
1Co 2:15 but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16 For who knoweth the mind of the Lord, other who shall inform him? but we understand the mind of Christ.

1 Cor 2:14 But he animal man does not receive the things of the spirit of the God: for to him it is foolishness and because it is spiritually examined he is not able to know.

1 Cor 2:15 But the spiritual examines all things himself but is examined by no one.
1 Cor 2:16 For who has known the mind of the Lord? Who instrusts him? But we have the mind of the Anointed.

The above in blue is from the most ancient and complete manuscript known as the Codex Vaticanus (B), late 2nd or early 3rd Century!

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heman wrote:

1 Cor 2:14 But he animal man does not receive the things of the spirit of the God: for to him it is foolishness and because it is spiritually examined he is not able to know.

1 Cor 2:15 But the spiritual examines all things himself but is examined by no one.
1 Cor 2:16 For who has known the mind of the Lord? Who instrusts him? But we have the mind of the Anointed.

The above in blue is from the most ancient and complete manuscript known as the Codex Vaticanus (B), late 2nd or early 3rd Century!

Only because something is completely older, doesn't mean that it is more truthful. (see post: Ps. 68:27 DILIGENCIA in reverence to the Sovereign LORd)
According to the prophets the truth comes to light just by the law and the testimony passed faithfully from generation to generation.

If any man want light, let him look upon the law and the testimony whether they speak not after this meaning.

Deuteronomy 30:10-14
10If thou hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and ordinances which are written in the book of this law, if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart and all thy soul.  11For the commandment which I command thee this day, is not separated from thee neither far off.  12It is not in heaven, that thou needest to say: who shall go up for us into heaven, and fetch it us, that we may hear it and do it:  13Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say: who shall go over sea for us and fetch it us that we may hear it and do it.  14But the word is very nigh unto thee: even in thy mouth and in thine heart, that thou do it.  

Proverbs 30:4
Who hath climbed up into heaven? Who hath come down from thence? Who hath holden the wind fast in his hand? Who hath comprehended the waters in a garment? Who hath set all the ends of the world? What is his name, or his son's name? Canst thou tell?

Yea and i perceive before it was even written, it was completely passed orally via godly costumes. And i pray that today more than ever the Lord mightily shew his verity thorow his spirit (without even the need of anything written) to put all those worldly scholars to shame.

1 Corinthians 1:19-21
19For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and will cast away the understanding of the prudent.  20Where is the wise man? where is the scribe? where is the searcher of this world? Hath not God made the wisdom of this world foolishness?  21For when the world thorow wisdom knew not God, in the wisdom of God: it pleased God thorow foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.  

Jeremiah 8:8-9
8How dare ye say then: we are wise, we have the law of the LORD among us? Behold, the deceitful pen of the scribes, setteth forth lies:  9therefore shall the wise be confounded, they shall be afraid and taken: for lo, they have cast out the word of the LORD: what wisdom can then be among them?  

1 Corinthians 3:19-20
19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written: he compasseth the wise in their craftiness.  20And again, God knoweth the thoughts of the wise that they be vain.  

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
heman wrote:

Only because something is completely older, doesn't mean that it is more truthful. (see post: Ps. 68:27 DILIGENCIA in reverence to the Sovereign LORd)
According to the prophets the truth comes to light just by the law and the testimony passed faithfully from generation to generation.

Deuteronomy 30:10-14
10If thou hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and ordinances which are written in the book of this law, if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart and all thy soul.  11For the commandment which I command thee this day, is not separated from thee neither far off.  12It is not in heaven, that thou needest to say: who shall go up for us into heaven, and fetch it us, that we may hear it and do it:  13Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say: who shall go over sea for us and fetch it us that we may hear it and do it.  14But the word is very nigh unto thee: even in thy mouth and in thine heart, that thou do it.  

Proverbs 30:4
Who hath climbed up into heaven? Who hath come down from thence? Who hath holden the wind fast in his hand? Who hath comprehended the waters in a garment? Who hath set all the ends of the world? What is his name, or his son's name? Canst thou tell?

Yea and i perceive before it was even written, it was completely passed orally via godly costumes. And i pray that today more than ever the Lord mightily shew his verity thorow his spirit (without even the need of anything written) to put all those worldly scholars to shame.

1 Corinthians 1:19-21
19For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and will cast away the understanding of the prudent.  20Where is the wise man? where is the scribe? where is the searcher of this world? Hath not God made the wisdom of this world foolishness?  21For when the world thorow wisdom knew not God, in the wisdom of God: it pleased God thorow foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.  

Jeremiah 8:8-9
8How dare ye say then: we are wise, we have the law of the LORD among us? Behold, the deceitful pen of the scribes, setteth forth lies:  9therefore shall the wise be confounded, they shall be afraid and taken: for lo, they have cast out the word of the LORD: what wisdom can then be among them?  

1 Corinthians 3:19-20
19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written: he compasseth the wise in their craftiness.  20And again, God knoweth the thoughts of the wise that they be vain.  

Ac 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

The reading of John 3:14 shows the way the translators missed the (αυτω) when the example of Moses was given. In other words anyone who believes in Moses and the prophets should not be destroyed but have age-lasting life.
That was the example that was being proclaimed!

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That everyone which believeth in them (αυτω)should not be destroyed, but have age-lasting life.
16 Thus for God loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that everyone who believes in him may not be destroyed but have age-lasting life.
17 For God sent not the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth in him will not be judged:he that believeth not is judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the judgement, that the light has come into the world, and the men loved darkness rather than the light, for their works were evil.

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also it behooves me to lead, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one flock, and one shepherd.

Ac 3:15 And you killed the founder (747) of life, whom God hath raised out of dead ones; of whom we are witnesses.

Ac 17:11 These were more well known than those of Thessalonica, who received the word with all promptness, and closely scrutinizing the writings every day, if these things were so.

Ac 20:7 ? And on a sabbath day the disciples came together to break bread, Paul discoursed to them, being about to depart on the morrow; and continued his discourse till midnight.

Ro 3:25 Whom God set forth to be a mercy-seat through the faith by the blood of himself, to show the righteousness of him for the remission of sins that are past, in the forbearance of God;

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will disregard the understanding of the experts.
20 Where is the wise man? where is the scribe? where is the debater of this age? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For when the world in the wisdom of God the world through wisdom knew not God, God was pleased through the foolishness of the proclamation to save the believing ones.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of the world this is foolishness with God. For it has been written, He is catching the wise ones in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knows the reasonings of the wise ones, that they are vain.

1Co 16:2 According to one week let every one of you by yourself in treasuring up what things as hath prospered, so that there be no collections made when I come.

1Ti 6:10 The love of money is the root for all evil: which some reached for, they have wandered from the faith, and pierced themselves around with many sorrows.

Jas 1:26 If anyonethinks to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this religion is vain. 27 Pure and undefiled with God and Father is this, To oversee orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy was not brought at any time by the will of man: but men by God spoke being moved by the Holy Spirit.

Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of the hope unwavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Tit 1:2 In hope of age-lasting life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: i believe in Jesu Christ himself Reply with quote

Believe in whom?

John 5:39-47
39Search the scriptures, for in them, ye think ye have eternal life: And they are they which testify of me.  40And yet will ye not come to me that ye might have life.  41I receive not praise of men:  42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.  43I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not. If another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive.  44How can ye believe, which receive praise one of another, and seek not the praise which cometh of God only?  45Suppose not, that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, verily Moses in whom ye trust.  46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: For he wrote of me.  47But when ye believe not his writing: how shall ye believe my words.  

Psalms 118:8
It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put any confidence in man.

Jeremiah 17:7-8
7O Blissed is the man, that putteth his trust in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is himself.  8For he shall be as a tree, that is planted by the water side: which spreadeth out the root unto moistness, whom the heat can not harm, when it cometh, but his leaves are green. And though there grow but little fruit because of drought, yet is he not careful, but he never leaveth off to bring forth fruit.  

Last edited by JAdmin on Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: i believe in Jesu Christ himself Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Believe in whom?

John 5:39-47
39Search the scriptures, for in them, ye think ye have eternal life: And they are they which testify of me.  40And yet will ye not come to me that ye might have life.  41I receive not praise of men:  42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.  43I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not. If another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive.  44How can ye believe, which receive praise one of another, and seek not the praise which cometh of God only?  45Suppose not, that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, verily Moses in whom ye trust.  46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: For he wrote of me.  47But when ye believe not his writing: how shall ye believe my words.  

Psalms 118:8
It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put any confidence in man.

Jeremiah 17:7-8
7O Blissed is the man, that putteth his trust in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is himself.  8For he shall be as a tree, that is planted by the water side: which spreadeth out the root unto moistness, whom the heat can not harm, when it cometh, but his leaves are green. And though there grow but little fruit because of drought, yet is he not careful, but he never leaveth off to bring forth fruit.  

Ac 28:23 ? And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

1Jo 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1Jo 5:9 If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater: for this is the testimony of God which he hath testified concerning his Son.

1Jo 5:11 And this is the testimony, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Joh 3:34 For whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure.

Joh 5:39 You search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are those which testify concerning me.

JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: YEA as Christ the RISEN Lord taught Reply with quote

Luke 24:1-53
1On the morrow after the Sabbath, early in the morning, they came unto the tomb and brought the odours which they had prepared, and other women with them.  2And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre,  3and went in: but found not the body of the Lord Jesu.  4And it happened, as they were amazed thereat: lo two men stood by them, in shining vestures.  5And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth: they said to them: why seek ye the living among the dead?  6He is not here: but is risen. Remember how he spake unto you, when he was yet with you in Galilee,  7saying: that the son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.  8And they remembered his words,  9and returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all other.   10It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary Jacobi; And other that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles,  11and their words seemed unto them feigned things, neither believed they them.  12Then arose Peter and ran unto the sepulchre, and stooped in; And saw the linen clothes laid by themself. And departed wondering in himself at that which had happened.  13And behold, two of them went that same day to a town, which was from Jerusalem about three score furlongs, called Emaus:  14and they talked together of all these things that had happened.  15And it chanced, as they communed together, and reasoned, that Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.  16But their eyes were holden, that they could not know him.  17And he said unto them: What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another as ye walk, and are sad?  18And the one of them named Cleopas, answered, and said unto him: art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which have chanced therein in these days?  19To whom he said: what things? And they said unto him: of Jesus of Nazareth which was a prophet, mighty in deed, and word, before God, and all the people.  20And how the high priests, and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death: and have crucified him.  21 We trusted that it should have been he that should have delivered Israel. And as touching all these things, today is even the third day, that they were done.  22Yea and certain women also of our company made us astonied, which came early unto the sepulchre,  23and found not his body. And came saying, that they had seen visions of angels which said that he was alive.  24And certain of them which were with us, went their way to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.  25And he said unto them: O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken.  26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?  27And he began at Moses, and at all the prophets, and interpreted unto them, in all scriptures which were written of him.  28And they drew nigh unto the town which they went to. And he made, as though he would have gone further.  29And constrained him, saying: Abide with us for it draweth towards night, and the day is far passed. And he went in to tarry with them.  30And it came to pass as he sat at meat with them, he took bread and blessed it, and brake it and gave it unto them.  31And their eyes were opened. And they knew him. And he vanished out of their sight,  32and they said between themselves: did not our hearts burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and opened to us the scriptures?  33And they rose up the same hour, and returned again to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,  34saying: The Lord is risen in deed, and hath appeared to Simon.  35And they told what things was done in the way, and how they knew him, by the breaking of bread.  36As they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and said unto them: peace be with you. ([It is I, fear not])  37And they were abashed, and afraid, supposing that they had seen a spirit.  38And he said unto them: Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?  39Behold my hands and my feet. For it is even I myself. Handle me and see. For spirits have not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.  40And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands, and his feet.  41And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them: Have ye here any meat?  42and they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.  43And he took it, and ate it before them.  44And he said unto them: These are the words, which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you: that all must be fulfilled which were written of me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms.  45Then opened he their wits, that they might understand the scriptures,  46and said unto them: Thus is it written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise again from death the third day.  47And that repentance, and remission of sins, should be preached in his name among all nations. And the beginning must be at Jerusalem.  48And ye are witnesses of these things.  49And behold, I will send the promise of my father upon you. But tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.   50And he led them out into Bethany, and lift up his hands, and blest them.  51And it came to pass, as he blessed them, he departed from them, and was carried up into heaven.  52And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy.  53And were continually in the temple, praising, and lauding God. Here endeth the Gospell off Sainct Luke.  

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: "Little Words Mean A Lot! Reply with quote

It is amazing how "one little word" can make the meaning so much plainer!
Bolded words REPLACE the Underlined words that are to be omitted and are the actual reading. (SEE VERSE 49 "TILL YE BE CLOTHED WITH POWER"
1 In the first of the Sabbath, early in the morning, they came unto the tomb and brought the odours what they prepared, OMIT:and other women with them. 2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre, 3 OMIT:and went in having entered: OMIT:but and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And it happened, as they were OMIT:amazed thereat in a quandary : lo two men stood by them, OMIT:in shining vestures. attire like flashing lighting 5 And as they were afraid, OMIT:and bowed down their faces bowing the face to the earth: they said to them: why seek ye the living among the dead ones? 6 He is not here: OMIT:is risen but has been raised Remember how he spake unto you, when he was yet with you in Galilee, 7 saying: OMIT:that the it behooves the son of man OMIT:must to be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and to be OMIT:crucified fixed on a stake and the third day to rise again. 8 And they remembered his words, 9 and returned from the OMIT:sepulchre tomb, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the others. 10 It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary OMIT:Jacobi of James And the others that were with them, OMIT:which told who spoke these things to the apostles, 11and their words seemed unto them OMIT:feigned things neither believed they them idle tales and they believed them not. 12 Then arose Peter and ran unto the sepulchre, and stooped in; And saw the linen clothes laid by themself. And departed wondering in himself at that OMIT:which had happened what had occurred. 13 And behold, two of them went that same day to a OMIT:town village, which was from Jerusalem about OMIT:three score sixty furlongs, called Emaus: 14 and they talked together of all these things that had happened. 15And it OMIT:chanceD occurred, as they OMIT:communed talked together, and reasoned, OMIT:that and Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. 16 But their eyes were holden, that they OMIT:couldnot knew him. 17And he said unto them: What OMIT:manner of communications words are these that ye have one to another as ye walk, and are sad? 18 And the one of them named Cleopas, answered, and said unto him: art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which have OMIT:chanced been done therein in her OMIT:these days ? 19 And OMIT:To whom he said to them: what things? And they said unto him: of the things about Jesus OMIT:of Nazareth which the Nazarine, a prophet, who was a man, OMIT:mighty powerful in OMIT:deed work, and word, omit:before in the presence of God, and all the people. 20 And how the high priests, and our rulers delivered him up omit:to be condemned sentenced to death: and omit:have crucified him to be fixed on a stake. 21 We omit:trusted hoped that it omit:should have had been that he omit:should have delivered was about to redeem Israel. omit:And as touching But besides all these things, today is omit:even the third day, that they omit:were done occurred. 22 omit:Yea and certain But also our women omit:also of our company made us astonied us, which came early unto the omit:sepulchre tomb, 23 and found not his body. And came saying, that they had seen visions of angels whichomit: said say that he OMIT:was is alive. 24 And OMITcertain some of them OMIT:which were went with us, OMIT:went their way to the sepulchre, to the tomb and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not. 25 And he said unto them: O OMIT:fools, thoughtless and slow with the heart to believe all that the prophets OMIT:have spoken which spoke. 26 OMIT:Ought Were not Christ to have suffered these binding things, and to enter into his glory? 27 OMIT:And he began And beginning at Moses, and at all the prophets, OMIT:and interpreted he explained to them, in all scriptures OMIT:which were written of the things about himself. 28 And they drew nigh near unto theOMIT: town which they went to village where they were going. And he made, as though he would have gone further. 29 OMIT:And constrained But they pressed him, saying: Abide with us for it OMIT:draweth towards night, is evening and the day is far passed. And he went in toOMIT: tarry abide with them. 30 And it OMIT:came to pass happened as he OMIT:sat at meat reclined with them, he took OMIT:bread a loaf and blessed it, and brake it and gave it unto them. 31 And their eyes were opened. And they knew him. And he OMIT:vanished out of their sight disappeared from them, 32 and they said between themselves: were not our hearts burning within us, while he talked OMIT:with to us by the way, and as he opened to us the scriptures? 33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned OMIT:again to Jerusalem, and found the eleven OMIT:gathered togetherassembled, and OMIT:them those that were with them, 34saying that: The Lord OMIT:is risen in deed has been raised indeed, and hath appeared to Simon. 35And they OMIT:told what related the things OMIT:was done in the way, and how OMIT:they knew him by that he was known to them in the breaking ofOMIT: breadthe loaf. 36 As they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and said unto them: peace be with you. OMIT:([It is I, fear not]) 37 OMIT:And they were abashed, and afraid supposing that But wailing and fearful thought they had seen a spirit. 38 And he said unto them: Why are ye OMIT:troubled perplexed? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet OMIT:For it is even I myself that I am he Handle me and look. OMIT:For spirits have A spirit has not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands, and his feet. 41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and OMIT:wondered marveled, he said unto them: Have ye here OMIT:any meat anything eatable ? 42and they gave him a piece of a broiled fish. OMIT:and of an honeycomb. 43 And he took it, and ate it before them. 44And he said unto them: These are my words, which I spake unto you, while I was OMIT:yet with you: that all the things must be fulfilled which were written concerning me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and OMIT:in the Psalms. 45 Then OMIT:opened accounted he their OMIT:wits mind, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 and said unto them: Thus is it written, OMIT:and thus it behooved the Christ to suffer, and to rise OMIT:again from death up out of dead ones in the third day. 47 And that repentance, andOMIT: remission to forgiveness of sins, should be proclaimed in his name OMIT:among to all the nations. OMIT:And the must be at Beginning from Jerusalem. 48 OMIT:And You are witnesses of these. OMIT:things. 49 And behold, I will send the promise of my father of me upon you. But OMIT:tarry remain ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye beOMIT: endued CLOTHED with power from on high. 50 And He led them out into Bethany, and lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it OMIT:came to pass happened,as he blessed them, he OMIT:departedSTOOD APART from them, and was carried up into heaven. 52 And they OMIT:worshipped were prostrated before him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53 And were continually in the temple, OMIT:praising, and lauding BLESSING God.OMIT: Here endeth the Gospell off Sainct Luke.

VERSE 30 IT WAS CUSTOMERY IN THAT TIME TO LIE ON A COUCH TO EAT
2625 kataklinw kataklino kat-ak-lee'-no
1) in the NT in reference to eating, to make to recline
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And This is the ACTUAL reading:
Bolded words REPLACE the omitted words
1 In the first of the Sabbath, early in the morning, they came unto the tomb and brought the odours what they prepared. 2 And they found the stone rolled from the sepulchre, 3 having entered: and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And it happened, as they were in a quandary : lo two men stood by them, attire like flashing lighting 5 And as they were afraid, bowing the face to the earth: they said to them: why seek ye the living among the dead ones? 6 He is not here: but has been raised. Remember how he spake unto you, when he was yet with you in Galilee, 7 saying: it behooves the son of man to be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and to be fixed on a stake and in the third day to rise again. 8 And they remembered his words, 9 and returned from the tomb, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the others. 10 It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary of James and the others that were with them, who spoke these things to the apostles, 11and their words seemed unto them idle tales and they believed them not. 12 Then arose Peter and ran unto the sepulchre, and stooped in; And saw the linen clothes laid by themself. And departed wondering in himself at that what had occurred. 13 And behold, two of them went that same day to a village, which was from Jerusalem about sixty furlongs, called Emaus: 14 and they talked together of all these things that had happened. 15And it occurred, as they talked together, and reasoned, and Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. 16 But their eyes were holden, that they not knew him. 17And he said unto them: What words are these that ye have one to another as ye walk, and are sad? 18 And the one of them named Cleopas, answered, and said unto him: art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which have been done there in her? 19 And he said to them: what things? And they said unto him: of the things about Jesus the Nazarine, a prophet, who was a man, powerful in work, and word, in the presence of God, and all the people. 20 And how the high priests, and our rulers delivered him up sentenced to death: to be fixed on a stake. 21 We hoped that it had been that he was about to redeem Israel. But besides all these things, today is the third day, that they occurred. 22 But also our women astonished us, which came early unto the tomb, 23 and found not his body. And came saying, that they had seen visions of angels which say that he is alive. 24 And some of them went with us, to the tomb and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not. 25 And he said unto them: O thoughtless and slow with the heart to believe all that the prophets which spoke. 26 Were not Christ to have suffered these binding things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses, and at all the prophets, he explained to them, in all scriptures the things about himself. 28 And they drew near unto the village where they were going. And he made, as though he would have gone further. 29 But they pressed him, saying: Abide with us for it is evening and the day is far passed. And he went in to abide with them. 30 And it happened as he reclined with them, he took a loaf and blessed it, and brake it and gave it unto them. 31 And their eyes were opened. And they knew him. And he disappeared from them, 32 and they said between themselves: were not our hearts burning within us, while he talked to us by the way, and as he opened to us the scriptures? 33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven assembled, and those that were with them, 34saying that: The Lord has been raised indeed, and hath appeared to Simon. 35And they related the things in the way, and how that he was known to them in the breaking of the loaf. 36 As they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and said unto them: peace be with you. But wailing and fearful thought they had seen a spirit. 38 And he said unto them: Why are ye perplexed? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet that I am he. Handle me and look. A spirit has not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands, and his feet. 41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and marveled, he said unto them: Have ye here anything eatable ? 42 and they gave him a piece of a broiled fish. 43 And he took it, and ate it before them. 44 And he said unto them: These are my words, which I spake unto you, while I was with you: that all the things must be fulfilled which were written concerning me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and the Psalms. 45 Then accounted he their mind, that they might understand the scriptures, 46 and said unto them: Thus is it written, the Christ to suffer, and to rise up out of dead ones in the third day. 47 And that repentance, and to forgiveness of sins, should be proclaimed in his name to all the nations beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these. 49 And behold, I will send the promise of my father of me upon you. But remain ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be CLOTHED with power from on high. 50 And He led them out into Bethany, and lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it happened, as he blessed them, he STOOD APART from them, and was carried up into heaven. 52 And they were prostrated before him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53 And were continually in the temple, BLESSING God..

Source: "Codex Vaticanus (B)"

JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: wo Reply with quote

What edification do the omitions on that old manuscript provide?

According to the gospel accounts in unison, the quoted passage with everything included more precicely gives the whole picture.

Moreover, who are we to say.. if some manuscripts were shorten (due to the fact that back then it was tediously hand written, and a shorter scroll was perhaps somehow more convenient) ..
notwithstanding, i perceive that it's message would only keep it's weight with the help of the wholy ghost, as i hope it is the case with your devout understanding thereof.

I perceive that the author of verity is not limited to manuscripts (or even the original English translation) that amazingly circulated til today.. And even without needing the help of any worldly organization, institution, or a bunch of carnal men for that matter.

1 Corinthians 1:19-29
19For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and will cast away the understanding of the prudent.  20Where is the wise man? where is the scribe? where is the searcher of this world? Hath not God made the wisdom of this world foolishness?  21For when the world thorow wisdom knew not God, in the wisdom of God: it pleased God thorow foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.  22For the jews require a sign, and the greeks seek after wisdom.  23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the jews an occasion of falling and unto the greeks foolishness:  24but unto them which are called both of jews and greeks we preach Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.  25For Godly foolishness is wiser than men: And Godly weakness is stronger than are men.  26Brethren look on your calling how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many of high degree are called:  27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world, to confound the wise. And hath chosen the weak things of the world, to confound things which are mighty.  28And vile things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen yea and things of no reputation, for to bring to nought things of reputation,  29that no flesh should rejoice in his presence.  

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: wo Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
What edification do the omitions on that old manuscript provide?
According to the gospel accounts in unison, the quoted passage with everything included more precicely gives the whole picture.

1 IN THE FIRST OF THE SABBATH (this signifies the 1st day of the Sabbath) 1On the morrow after the Sabbath? and other women with them ( not after the Sabbath and It does not say "other women with them")

4 in a QUANDARY (they were "amazed" is quite different from in a quandary (perplexed state-confused)

ATTIRE LIKE FLASHING LIGHTNING (in shining vestures. esqhsiV 2067 Clothing, attire. astr?aptw 797 To flash lightning.) and meaning that the 2 men looked as though they glowed brightly with eminence and would be more significant "than shining vestures".

5 BOWING THE FACE (seems more appropriate to being prostrated) than "bowed down their faces"

6 BUT HAS BEEN RAISED (has been takes the idea of already accomplished and is more coherent) where "is risen" implies that it is present not past participle.

7 saying: IT BEHOOVES the son of man to be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and
TO BE FIXED ON A STAKE
and IN the third day to rise again.
( behooves implies an "OBLIGATION" and which "the son of man must be delivered" means very probably and not as clear as OBLIGATED to be fixed on a stake does, signifying the actual method of punishment.)

10 IDLE TALES AND THEY BELIEVED THEM NOT. (seemed unto them "feigned things" is to pretend things and does not convey the idea of "IDLE TALES")

15 OCCURRED as they TALKED together, and reasoned, (chanced is a possibility and not a fact whereas "occurred" is already happening. "as they communed" is intimate conversation whereas "talked" is to speak words and is more distinctly applied.)

17 What WORDS are these ("manner of communications" or what way of doing; whereas "words" implies speech)

18 BEEN DONE there in HER ("chanced" again conveys a possibility; whereas "been done" has already happened therein in "her" appears in the MSS signifying Jerusalem and "these days" does not appear in the MSS.)

19 THE THINGS ABOUT Jesus (helps to show what they said to him.)
WHO WAS A MAN, (the word "MAN" simplifies the nature of Christ before his resurrection)
POWERFUL in WORK, and word, ("deed" is something that is done; whereas "work" is labor or occupation)

IN THE PRESENCE OF God ("before" simply means in front of; "IN THE PRESENCE OF" conveys the state of being present in the face of God.)

20 delivered him UP SENTENCED TO DEATH ("to be condemned" is future tense; "SENTENCED TO DEATH" is past tense, the sentence had already happened.)

TO BE FIXED ON A STAKE ("have crucified him" does not show the proper way of execution)

21 We HOPED that it ("trusted" means relied upon; "HOPED" is the source or cause of belief)

HAD BEEN ("should have" suggests a possibility; whereas " HAD BEEN" means it was possible)

that he was ABOUT TO REDEEM Israel ("should have delivered" suggests a possibility; whereas "ABOUT TO REDEEM" implies that it is going to happen even though it did not at that time.)

23 which SAY ("said" is past tense; whereas "SAY" is present tense even to this day.)

that he IS alive ("was" past tense; whereas "IS" is present tense even to this day.)

26 Were not Christ to have suffered these BINDING things, ("BINDING" means he was obligated and it is in the MSS.)

27 he EXPLAINED to them, in all scriptures (and "interpreted" means to clarify; whereas "EXPLAINED" means to make understandable or meaningful.)

THE THINGS ABOUT HIMSELF ("which were written of" implies something vague; whereas "THE THINGS ABOUT HIMSELF" tells you exactly what he explained to them.

30 it HAPPENED as he RECLINED with them ( The MSS says: (2625 kataklinw to make to recline)
(IT WAS CUSTOMERY IN THAT TIME TO LIE ON A COUCH TO EAT )

34 HAS BEEN RAISED INDEED ("is raised in deed" is present tense; whereas "HAS BEEN RAISED INDEED" is past tense)

37 BUT WAILING AND FEARFUL THOUGHT ("abashed and afraid" is to be ashamed; whereas "WAILING AND FEARFUL THOUGHT" portrays a mournful cry and thought is not to suppose but to consider)

38 Why are ye PERPLEXED?("troubled"is worried; and whereas it does not show the bewilderment of "PERPLEXED")

39 that I AM he. ("For it is even I, myself" does not even come close to the words "I AM"!!!) Re 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come

40 ANYTHING EATABLE ("Any meat" means lamb, fish; whereas "ANYTHING EATABLE" means just that ANYTHING."
"And of an honeycomb" is not in the MSS.)

43 These are MY words ("the words" only show words in general; whereas "MY WORDS" point exactly to Jesus) (see verse 27)

that all THE things ("that all" is more general; whereas "all THE things " continues verse 27 all the things about himself)

CONCERNING me ("of ME" is not as clear; whereas "CONCERNING me" continues the verse 43 of "my words")

45 ACCOUNTED he their MIND ("Opened Wits" is less revealing; whereas "ACCOUNTED he their MIND " is a portrayal of him giving account to their minds the understanding of scriptures about him.)

47 to FORGIVENESS of sins, ("And remission" is forgiveness; whereas "TO FORGIVENESS" requires the action of submitting to someone else.)

49 my father OF ME upon you. ((My father" does not convey the promise; whereas "OF ME" tells us what promise God made and as verse 43 says "about Jesus" "concerning me")

until ye be CLOTHED ("Endued" suggests to put on or provide; whereas "CLOTHED" is to cover over as with a garment.

Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:)

53 and WERE PROSTRATED BEFORE him ("worshipped him" is a prayer showing devotion; whereas "WERE PROSTRATED BEFORE " indicates in front of His face and lying with the face downward in demonstration of great humility and abject submission.) (SEE verse 5)

53 BLESSING God ("Lauding and praising" is saying the same as praising and praising; whereas "BLESSING" is to invoke a devine favor.

JAdmin wrote:

Moreover, who are we to say.. if some manuscripts were shorten (due to the fact that back then it was tediously hand written, and a shorter scroll was perhaps somehow more convenient) ..
notwithstanding, i perceive that it's message would only keep it's weight with the help of the wholy ghost, as i hope it is the case with your devout understanding thereof.

I perceive that the author of verity is not limited to manuscripts (or even the original English translation) that amazingly circulated til today.. And even without needing the help of any worldly organization, institution, or a bunch of carnal men for that matter.

1 Corinthians 1:19-29
19For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and will cast away the understanding of the prudent.  20Where is the wise man? where is the scribe? where is the searcher of this world? Hath not God made the wisdom of this world foolishness?  21For when the world thorow wisdom knew not God, in the wisdom of God: it pleased God thorow foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.  22For the jews require a sign, and the greeks seek after wisdom.  23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the jews an occasion of falling and unto the greeks foolishness:  24but unto them which are called both of jews and greeks we preach Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.  25For Godly foolishness is wiser than men: And Godly weakness is stronger than are men.  26Brethren look on your calling how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many of high degree are called:  27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world, to confound the wise. And hath chosen the weak things of the world, to confound things which are mighty.  28And vile things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen yea and things of no reputation, for to bring to nought things of reputation,  29that no flesh should rejoice in his presence.  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: