DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winepress, The

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Winepress, The Reply with quote

Code:
Isa 16:9 Therefore I mourned for Jazer, and for the vineyards of Sibma with great sorrow. I poured my tears upon Hesebon and Eleale, for all their songs were laid down, in their harvest and gathering of their grapes:
Isa 16:10 Mirth and cheer was gone out of the field and vineyards, in so much, that no man was glad nor sung. There went no treader into the winepress, their merry cheer was laid down.
Isa 16:11 Wherefore my belly rumbled (as it had been a lute) for Moab's sake, and mine inward members, for the brick wall's sake.
Isa 16:12 For it happened thus also: when Moab saw that she was turned upside down: she went up an high <hye> in to her Sanctuary, to make her prayer there, but she might not be helped.
Isa 16:13 This is the device, which the LORD took in hand at the time against Moab.
Isa 16:14 But now the LORD sayeth thus: In three years shall the power of Moab with their pomp <|pope|> (which is great) be minished, like as the burthen of a hired servant. And as for the remnant of them, they shall be less than a few, and not reckoned much worth.

Isaiah 63:1-19
1What is he this, that cometh from Edom, with stained red clothes of Bosra: (which is so costly cloth) and cometh in so nimbly with all his strength: I am he that teacheth righteousness, and am of power to help.  2Wherefore then is thy clothing red, and thy raiment like his that treadeth in the winepress?  3I have trodden the press myself alone, and of all people, there was not one with me. Thus have I trodden down mine enemies in my wrath, and set my feet upon them in my indignation: And their blood sprang upon my clothes, and so have I stained all my raiment.  4For that day of vengeance that I have taken in hand, and the year of my deliverance is come.  5I looked about me, and there was no man to shew me any help, I fell down, and no man held me up. Then I held me by mine own arm, and my ferventness sustained me:  6and thus have I trodden down the people in my wrath, and bathed them in my displeasure: In so much that I have shed their blood upon the earth.  7I will declare the goodness of the LORD, yea and the praise of the LORD for all that he hath given us, for the great good that he hath done for Israel: which he hath given them of his own favour, and according to the multitude of his loving kindnesses.  8For he said: These no doubt will be my people, and no shrinking children, and so he was their Saviour.  9In their troubles he forsook them not, but the angel that went forth from his presence delivered them: Of very love and kindness that he had unto them, redeemed he them: He hath born them, and carried them up even, since the world began.  10But after they provoked him to wrath and vexed his holy mind, he was their enemy, and fought against them himself.  11Yet remembered he the old time of Moses and his people: How he brought them from the water of the sea, as a shepherd doth with his sheep: how he had given his holy spirit among them:  12how he had led Moses by the right hand with his glorious arm: how he had divided the water before them (whereby he gat himself an everlasting name)  13how he led them in the deep, as an horse is led in the plain, that they should not stumble.  14The spirit of the LORD led them as a tame beast goeth in the field. Thus (O God) hast thou led thy people, to make thyself a glorious name withal.  15Look down then from heaven, and behold the dwelling place of thy Sanctuary and thy glory. How is it, that thy jealousy, thy strength, the multitude of thy mercies and thy loving-kindness, will not be entreated of us.   16Yet art thou our father: For Abraham knoweth us not, neither is Israel acquainted with us. But thou LORD art our father and redeemer, and thy name is everlasting.  17O LORD wherefore hast thou led us out of thy way? Wherefore hast thou hardened our hearts, that we fear thee not? Be at one with us again, for thy servants' sake that are of the generation of thine heritage.  18Thy people hath had but little of thy Sanctuary in possession, for our enemies have taken it in:  19And we are become even as we were from the beginning: but thou art not their Lord, for they have not called upon thy name.  

Hosea 9:1-17
1Do not thou triumph, O Israel make no boasting more than the Heathen, for thou hast committed advoutry against thy God: strange rewards hast thou loved, more than all the corn floors.  2Therefore shall they no more enjoy the corn floors and winepresses, and their sweet wine shall fail them.  3They will not dwell in the LORD's land, but Ephraim turneth again into Egypt, and eateth unclean things among the Assyrians.  4They pour out no wine for a drink offering unto the LORD, neither give they him their slain offerings: but they be unto them as mourners meats, wherein all they that eat them, are defiled. For the bread that they have such lust unto, shall not come into the house of the LORD.  5What will ye do then in the solempne days, and in the feast of the LORD?  6Lo, they shall get them away for the destruction? Egypt shall receive them, and Noph shall bury them. The nettles shall overgrow their pleasant goods, and burrs shall be in their tabernacles.  7Be ye sure (O Israel) the time of visitation is come, the days of recompensing are at hand. As for the prophet, ye hold him for a fool: and him that is rich in the spirit, for a mad man: so great is your wickedness and malice.  8Ephraim hath made himself a watchman of my God, a prophet that is become a snare to do hurt in every street, and abomination in the house of his God.  9They be gone too far, and have destroyed themselves, like as they did afore time at Gabaa. Therefore their wickedness shall be remembered, and their sins punished.  10I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness, and saw their fathers as the first figs in the top of the fig tree. But they are gone to Baal Peor, and run away from me to that shameful Idol, and are become as abominable as their lovers.  11Ephraim flyeth like a bird, so shall their glory also: In so much, that they shall neither beget, conceive nor bear children.  12And though they bring up any, yet will I make them childless among men. Yea woe shall come to them, when I depart from them.  13Ephraim (as me think) is planted in wealthiness, like as Tyrus, but now must she bring her own children forth to the manslayer.  14O LORD thou shalt give them: what shalt thou give them? give them an unfruitful womb and dry breasts.  15All their wickedness is done at Gilgal, there do I abhor them. For the ungraciousness of their own inventions, I will drive them out of my house. I will love them no more, for all their princes are unfaithful.  16Ephraim is hewn down, their root is dried up, so that they shall bring no more fruit: yea and though they bring forth any, yet will I slay even the best beloved fruit of their body.  17My God shall cast them away, for they have not been obedient unto him, therefore shall they go astray among the Heathen.  

Joel 3:1-21
1For take heed: in those days and at the same time, when I turn again the captivity of Juda and Jerusalem:  2I shall gather all people together, and bring them in the valley of Josaphat: and there will I reason with them: because of my people and heritage of Israel: whom they have scattered about in the nations, and parted my land:  3yea they have cast lots for my people, the young men have they set in the bordel house, and sold the damsels for wine, that they might have to drink.  4Thou Tirus and Sidon and all the borders of the Philistines: what have ye to do with me? Will ye defy me? well, if ye will needs defy me, I shall recompense you, even upon your head, and that right shortly:  5for ye have taken away my silver and gold, my fair and goodly jewels, and brought them into your gods' houses.  6The children also of Juda and Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Greeks, that ye might bring them the far from the borders of their own countries.  7Behold therefore, I will raise them out of the place, where ye have sold them, and will reward you even upon your head.  8Your sons and your daughters will I sell thorow the hands of the children of Juda, and so they shall give them forth to sell, unto them of Saba, a people of a far country: for the LORD himself hath said it.  9Cry out these things among the Gentiles, proclaim war, wake up the giants, let them draw nigh, let them come up all the lusty warriors of them.  10Make you swords of your plowshares, and spears of your sickles and scythes. Let the weak man say: I am strong.  11Muster you, and come, all ye Heathen round about: gather you together, there shall the LORD lay all thy giants to the ground.  12Let the people arise, and get them to the valley of Josaphat: for there will I sit, and judge all Heathen round about.  13Lay to your scythes, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down: the winepress is full, yea the winepresses run over, for their wickedness is waxen great.  14In the valley appointed, there shall be many, many people: for the day of the LORD is nigh in the valley appointed.  15The sun and moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their light.  16The LORD shall roar out of Sion, a cry out of Jerusalem, that the heavens and the earth shall quake withal. But the LORD shall be a defense to his own people, and an refuge for the children of Israel.  17Thus shall ye know, that I the LORD your God dwell upon my holy mount of Sion. Then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers go thorow her any more.  18Then shall the mountains drop sweet wine, and the hills shall flow with milk. All the rivers of Juda shall have water enough, and out of the LORD's house, there shall flow a spring, to water the broke of Sitim:  19but Egypt shall be laid waste, and Edom shall be desolate: because they have dealt so cruelly with the children of Juda, and shed innocent blood in their land.  20Again, Juda shall be inhabited for evermore, and Jerusalem from generation to generation:  21for I will not leave their blood unavenged. And the LORD shall dwell in Sion. The end of the prophecy of Ioel.  

Matthew 21:28-44
28What say ye to this? A certain man had two sons, and came to the elder saying: go and work today in my vineyard.  29He answered and said, I will not: but afterward repented and went.  30Then came he to the second, and said like wise, and he answered and said: I will sir: yet went he not.  31Whether of these two fulfilled their father's will? And they said unto him: The first. Jesus said unto them: Verily I say unto you, that the publicans and the harlots shall come into the kingdom of God before you.  32For John came unto you, in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not. But the publicans and the whores believed him. But ye (though ye saw it) yet were not moved with repentance, that ye might afterward have believed him.  33Hearken another similitude. There was a certain householder, which set a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and made a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a strange country.  34And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, to receive the fruits of it,  35and the husbandmen caught his servants, and beat one, killed another, and stoned another.  36Again he sent other servants more than the first, and they served them likewise.  37But last of all, he sent unto them his own son, saying: they will fear my son.  38 When the husbandmen saw his son, they said among them selves: This is the heir, come on let us kill him, and let us take his inheritance, to our selves.  39And they caught him and thrust him out of the vineyard, and slew him.  40When the lord of the vineyard cometh: what will he do with those husbandmen?  41They said unto him: he will evil destroy those evil persons, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall deliver him his fruit at times convenient.  42Jesus said unto them: did ye never read in the scriptures? The same stone which the builders refused, is set in the principal part of the corner: this was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes.  43Therefore say I unto you, the kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and shall be given to the Gentiles which shall bring forth the fruits of it.  44And whosoever shall fall on this stone, shall be alto broken. And whosoever this stone shall fall upon, he shall grind him to powder.  

Matthew 24:1-51
1And Jesus went out and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him, for to shew him the building of the temple.  2Jesus said unto them: see ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you: There shall not be here left one stone upon another, that shall not be destroyed.  3And as he sat upon the mount Olivet, his disciples came unto him secretly saying: Tell us, when this shall be? and what sign shall be of thy coming, and of the end of the world?  4And Jesus answered, and said unto them: take heed that no man deceive you;  5For many shall come in my name saying: I am Christ: and shall deceive many.  6Ye shall hear of wars, and of the noise of wars, but see that ye be not troubled, for all ([these things]) must come to pass, but the end is not yet.  7For nation shall rise against nation, and realm against realm: and there shall be pestilence, and hunger, and earthquakes in all quarters.  8All these are the beginning of sorrows.  9Then shall they put you to trouble, and shall kill you, and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake:  10And then shall many fall, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one the other.  11And many false prophets shall arise, and shall deceive many.  12And because iniquity shall have the upper hand, the love of many shall abate.  13But he that endureth to the end shall be safe.  14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world, for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.  15When ye then shall see the abomination and desolation (spoken of by Daniel the prophet) stand in the holy place: whosoever readeth it, let him understand it.  16Then let them which be in Jury fly into the mountains.  17And let him which is on the housetop, not come down to take anything out of his house.  18Neither let him which is in the field, return back to fetch his clothes.  19Woe be in those days to them that are with child, and to them that give suck.  20But pray that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day.  21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not from the beginning of the world to this time, nor shall be.  22Yea and except those days should be shortened, should no flesh be saved: But for the chosens' sake those days shall be shortened.  23Then if any man shall say unto you: lo, here is Christ, or there is Christ: believe it not:  24for there shall arise false christs, and false prophets and shall give great signs and wonders. So greatly that if it were possible, even the chosen should be brought into error.  25Take heed I have told you before.  26 If they shall say unto you: lo, he is in the desert, go not forth: lo, he is in the secret places, believe not.  27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth unto the west: so shall the coming of the son of man be.  28For wheresoever a dead body is, even thither will the eagles resort.  29Immediately after the tribulations of those days, shall the sun be darkeneth: and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall move.  30And then shall appear the sign of the son of man in heaven. And then shall all the kindreds of the earth mourn, and they shall see the son of man come in the clouds of heaven with power and great majesty:   31And he shall send his angels with the great voice of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his chosen from the four winds, and from the one end of the world to the other.  32Learn a similitude of the fig tree: when his branches are yet tender, and his leaves sprung, ye know that summer is nigh.  33So likewise when ye see all these things, be ye sure that it is near even at the doors.  34Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all be fulfilled.  35Heaven and earth shall perish: but my words shall abide.  36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of heaven, but my father only.  37As the time of Noe was, so likewise shall the coming of the son of man be.  38For as in the days before the flood: they did eat and drink, marry, and were married, even unto the day that Noe entered in to the ship,  39and knew of nothing till the flood came and took them all away. So shall also the coming of the son of man be.  40Then two shall be in the fields, the one shall be received, and the other shall be refused,  41two ([women]) shall be grinding at the mill: the one shall be received, and the other shall be refused. ([Two in a bed; the one shall be received, and the other refused])  42Wake therefore, because ye know not what hour your master will come.  43Of this be sure, that if the good man of the house knew what hour the thief would come: he would surely watch, and not suffer his house to be broken up.  44Therefore be ye also ready, for what hour ye think least on, in the same shall the son of man come.  45Who is a faithful servant and wise, whom his master hath made ruler over his household, for to give them meat in season convenient?  46Happy is that servant whom his master (when he cometh) shall find so doing.  47Verily I say unto you, he shall make him ruler over all his goods.  48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, my master will defer his coming,  49and begin to smite his fellows: yea and to eat and to drink with the drunken:  50that servants master will come in a day when he looketh not for him: and in an hour that he is not ware of,  51and will divide him, and give him his reward with hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  

Mark 12:1-11
1And he began to speak unto them in similitudes. A certain man planted a vineyard, and compassed it with an hedge, and ordained a winepress, and built a tower in it, and let it out to hire unto husbandmen, and went into a strange country.  2And when the time was come he sent to the tenants a servant that he might receive of the tenants of the fruit of the vineyard.  3And they caught him and beat him and sent him again empty.  4And moreover he sent unto them another servant, and at him they cast stones and brake his head, and sent him again all too reviled.   5And again he sent another, and him they killed: and many other, beating some, and killing some.  6Yet had he one son whom he loved tenderly, him also sent he at the last unto them, saying: they will fear my son.   7But the tenants said within themselves: This is the heir, come let us kill him and the inheritance shall be ours.  8And they took him and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.  9What shall then the lord of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the tenants, and let out the vineyard to other.  10Have ye not read this scripture? the stone which the builders did refuse, is made the chief stone in the corner:  11This was done of the Lord, and is marvelous in our eyes.  

Revelation 19:11-21
11And I saw heaven open, and behold a white horse: and he that sat upon him was faithful and true, and in righteousness did judge and make battle.  12His eyes were as a flame of fire: and on his head were many crowns: and he had a name written, that no man knew but himself.  13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood, and his name is called the word of God.  14And the warriors which were in heaven, followed him upon white horses, clothed with white and pure raynes:   15and out of his mouth went out a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the heathen. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron, and he trod the winefat of fierceness and wrath of almighty God.  16And hath on his vesture and on his thigh: King of kings, and Lord of lords.  17And I saw an angel stand in the sun, and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly by the midst of heaven: come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God,  18that ye may eat the flesh of kings, and of high captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all free men and bond men, and of small and great.  19And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth, and their warriors gathered together to make battle against him that sat on the horse and against his soldiers.  20And the beast was taken, and with him that false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that received the beast's mark, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast into a pond of fire burning with brimstone:  21and the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth, and all the fowls were fulfilled with their flesh.  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: