DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the WORD

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: the WORD Reply with quote

Is the mere Bible the Word of God?
Perhaps the Bible ironically will answer that question:

Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood, and his name is called the word of God.

John 1:1-14
1In the beginning was that word, and that word was with god: and god was that word.  2The same was in the beginning with god.  3All things were made by it, and without it, was made no thing, that made was.  4In it was life; And life was the light of men;  5And the light shineth in the darkness, and darkness comprehended it not.  6There was a man sent from god, whose name was John.  7The same came as a witness, to bear witness of the light, that all men through him might believe.  8He was not that light: but to bear witness of the light.  9That was a true light, which lighteneth all men that come into the world.  10He was in the world, and the world by him was made: and the world knew him not.  11He came among his own, and his received him not.  12Unto as many as received him, gave he power to be the sons of god: in that they believed on his name:  13which were born not of blood nor of the will of the flesh, nor yet of the will of man: but of god.  14And that word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw the glory of it, as the glory of the only begotten son of the father, which word was full of grace, and verity.  

Hebrews 4:11-12
11Let us study therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall into such an ensample of unbelief:  12for the word of God is quick, and mighty in operation, and sharper than any two edged sword: and entereth through, even unto the dividing a sunder of the soul and the spirit and of the joints, and the mary: and judgeth the thoughts and the intents of the heart.  

Is that talking about books? Here's what the next verse says:
Hebrews 4:13
Neither is there any creature invisible in the sight of it: but all things are naked and bare unto the eyes of him, of whom we speak.

Who has the WORD of God?
1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5And though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth (as there be gods many and lords many)  6but unto us is there one God, which is the father, of whom are all things, and we in him: and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.  

John 8:31-32
31Then said Jesus to those jews which believed on him: If ye continue in my saying, then are ye my very disciples:  32and ye shall know the truth: And the truth shall make you free.  

John 10:38
But though ye believe not me, yet believe the works, that ye may know and believe that the father is in me, and I in him.

John 14:5-6
5Thomas said unto him: Lord we know not whither thou goest. Also how is it possible for us to know the way?  6Jesus said unto him I am the way, the verity, and life. No man cometh unto the father, but by me.  

John 15:1-10
1I am the true vine, and my father is an husbandman.  2Every branch that beareth not fruit in me; He will take away. And every branch that beareth fruit will he purge that it may bring more fruit.  3Now are ye clean, be that means of the words which I have spoken unto you.  4Bide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it bide in the vine: no more can ye except ye abide in me.  5I am the vine, and ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without me can ye do nothing.  6If a man bide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered: and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they burneth.  7If ye bide in me, and my words also bide in you: ask what ye will, and it shall be given you.  8Here in is my father glorified, that ye bear much fruit, and be made my disciples.  9As the father hath loved me, even so have I loved you. Continue in my love.  10If ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall bide in my love, even as I have kept my father's commandments, and bide in his love.  

Matthew 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

What kind of fruits?
Galatians 5:22
but the fruit of the spirit is, love, joy, peace, longsuffering gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, temperancy:

We all fall short of that fruit, even in our speech and expression and even behavior... albeit it is what we endeavour to produce till the end that makes the fruit known.
Matthew 24:13
But he that endureth to the end shall be safe.

How does that fruit come about?

1 Corinthians 2:11-13
11For what man knoweth the things of a man: save the spirit of a man which is within him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the spirit of God.  12And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God,  13which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things.   

John 14:23-26
23Jesus answered and said unto him: if a man love me and will keep my sayings, my father also will love him, and we will come unto him, and will dwell with him.  24He that loveth me not, keepeth not my sayings. And the words which ye hear are not mine, but my father's, which sent me.  25This have I spoken unto you being yet present with you.  26But that comforter which is the holy ghost (whom my father will send in my name) shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you.  

John 6:56-57
56He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me and I in him.  57As my living father hath sent me, even so live I by my father: and he that eateth me, shall live by me.  

Romans 8:1-34
1There is then no damnation to them which are in Christ Jesu, which walk not after the flesh: but after the spirit.  2For the law of the spirit, wherein is life thorow Jesus Christ hath delivered me from the law of sin, and death.  3For what the law could not do inasmuch as it was weak because of the flesh: that performed God, and sent his son in the similitude of sinful flesh, and by sin damned sin in the flesh:  4that the righteousness required of the law, might be fulfilled in us, which walk not after the flesh: but after the spirit.  5For they that are carnal, are carnally minded; and they that are spiritual are ghostly minded.  6To be carnally minded is death; and to be spiritually minded is life, and peace:  7because that the fleshly mind is enmity against God: For it is not obedient to the law of God, neither can be.  8So then they that are given to the flesh, cannot please God.  9But ye are not given to the flesh; But to the spirit: If so be that the spirit of God dwell in you. If there be any man that hath not the spirit of Christ, the same is none of his.  10If Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin: But the spirit is life for righteousness' sake.  11Wherefore if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from death, dwell in you: even he that raised up Christ from death, shall quicken your mortal bodies, be cause that his spirit dwelleth in you.  12Therefore brethren we are now debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh:  13For if ye live after the flesh, ye must die. But if ye mortify the deeds of the body, by the help of the spirit, ye shall live,  14for as many as are led by the spirit of God, are the sons of God.  15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage to fear any more, but ye have received the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba father.   16The same spirit certifieth our spirit that we are the sons of God.  17If we be sons, we are also heirs (the heirs I mean of God) and heirs annexed with Christ, if so be that we suffer together, that we may be glorified together.  18For I suppose that the afflictions of this life, are not worthy of the glory which shall be shewed upon us.  19Also the fervent desire of the creatures abideth looking when the sons of God shall appear  20because the creatures are subdued to vanity against their will: but for his will which subdued them in hope.  21For the very creatures shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption, into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.  22For we know that every creature groaneth with us also, and travaileth in pain even unto this time.  23Not they only, but even we also which have the first fruits of the spirit mourn in ourselves and wait for the adoption ([of the children God]) and look for the deliverance of our bodies.  24For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is no hope. For how can a man hope for that which he seeth?  25but and if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience abide for it.  26Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities. For we know not, what to desire as we ought: but the spirit maketh intercession mightily for us with groanings which cannot be expressed with tongue.  27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the meaning of the spirit: for he maketh intercession for the saints according to the pleasure of God.  28For we know well that all things work for the best unto them that love God, which also are called of purpose.  29For those which he knew before, he also ordained before, that they should be like fashioned unto the shape of his son, that he might be the first begotten son among many brethren.  30Moreover which he appointed before, them he also called; and which he called, them also he justified; which he justified, them he also glorified.  31What shall we then say unto these things? if God be on our side: who can be against us?  32which spared not his own son, but gave him for us all: How shall he not with him give us all things also?  33Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's chosen? It is God that justifieth:  34who then shall condemn? it is Christ which is dead; Yea rather which is risen again, which is also on the right hand of God and maketh intercession for us.  

Yea Christ the Lord is risen and still lovingly works for us with great purpose.
John 14:12
Verily, verily I say unto you whosoever believeth on me, the works that I do, the same shall he do, and greater works then these shall he do, because I go unto my father.

1 John 2:27-29
27And the anointing which ye have received of him dwelleth in you. And ye need not that any man teach you: but as that anointing teacheth you all things, and is true, and is no lie: and as it taught you, even so bide therein.  28And now babes abide in him, that when he shall appear, we may be bold, and not be made ashamed of him at his coming.  29If ye know that he is righteous, know also that he which followeth righteousness, is born of him.  

Revelation 22:17
And the spirit and the bride said come. And let him that heareth, say also come. And let him that is a thirst come. And let whosoever will, take of the water of life free.

2 Corinthians 11:5-7
5I suppose that I was not behind the chief apostles.   6Though I be rude in speaking, yet I am not so in knowledge. How be it among you we are known to the utmost what we are in all things.  7Did I therein sin, because I submitted myself, that ye might be exalted? and because I preached the gospel to you free?   

Matthew 26:6-13
6When Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,  7there came unto him a woman, which had an alabaster box of precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at the board.  8When his disciples saw that, they had indignation saying: What needed this waste?   9This ointment might have been well sold, and given to the poor.  10When Jesus understood that, he said unto them: Why trouble ye the woman? she hath wrought a good work upon me.  11For ye shall have poor folk always with you: but me shall ye not have always.  12And in that she casted this ointment on my body, she did it to bury me withal.  13Verily I say unto you, wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout all the world, there shall also this that she hath done, be told for a memorial of her.  

2 Peter 1:20-21
20So that ye first know this, that no prophecy in the scripture hath any private interpretation.  21For the scripture came never by the will of man: but wholy men of God spake as they were moved by the wholy ghost.  

Yes it is the holy spirit that brought even the holy bible's writtings and testimony about thoroughly through whomsoever God has chosen; though HE IS not limited to books, as it could use people, circumstances, or whatever justly at liberty to teach us right.

John 21:25
There are also many other things which Jesus did: the which if they should be written every one, I suppose the world could not contain the books that should be written. Here endeth the Gospell off Sainct John.

Revelation 22:16-21
16I Jesus sent mine angel, to testify unto you these things in the congregations. I am the root and the generation of David, and the bright morning star.  17And the spirit and the bride said come. And let him that heareth, say also come. And let him that is a thirst come. And let whosoever will, take of the water of life free.  18I testify unto every man that heareth the words of prophecy of this book: if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.  19And if any man shall minish of the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from those things which are written in this book.  20He which testifieth these things saith: be it, I come quickly, Amen. Even so: come Lord Jesu.  21The grace of our Lord Jesu Christ be with you all Amen. The end of the new testament.  

iThesaurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, it useful.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: