DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D3 development (II)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Davar 3.0 development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: D3 development (II) Reply with quote

Hi folks,

here I briefly report, what is new in Davar3 development:

* Many work was done in text "tag" system. Now, Davar correctly display tags, like: Jesus word in red, unused word by italic, translator notes, mixed Greek+Hebrew+latinbased texts, preface, variants of text in (), bold, italic and other. Tags can be all disabled (to obtain plain text), enabled or individually select. Tags can be combined in text and reasonable nested into themself.

* Greek Morphology: Daniel Rehak, new member of our team hardly worked to prepare Greek NT with morphological tags. It uses free GR morphology database from James Tauber (http://www.jtauber.com/morphgnt). A big thanks to both!

* Information window can be opened. It is window, where all necessary informations are directed (according options), e.g. Hebrew gematria, morphology, information about file, etc.

* Davar3 now offer also "compare" mode. Any window can be switched to this mode to display one verse from other windows. It is usefull for study of translations of verses.

* Greek/Hebrew table of characters for easy mouse-click-typing of texts

* Improved Hebrew gematria calculation

* Stability was improved, many bugs fixed.

* Thadeu de Paula <thadeudepaula@gmail.com> reported succefull run of Davar 2.4 and 3 on linux/wine. Contact him for more informations.

TODO:
* Lexicon and dictionary support, as in Davar 2.4

Stay tuned!

Josef

Picture of D3 with Greek morphology in info window

Picture of D3, where CEP window is in compare mode

Thadeu de Paula

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: DAVAR UNDER LINUX! Reply with quote

Laughing

Yes people!!! Davar runs under Linux via Wine

After the test mentioned, I already upgraded my Wine version... the newest version 0.0.20050419-1 runs booth (2.4 and 3) perfectly.

For the "youngers" in linux, I suggest the Debian flavours of Linux (Knoppix, Kanotix or Kurumin). In it you'll need to run as follows to install Wine:

Code:
apt-get update; apt-get -y wine icu xbase-clients

In +/- 60 minutes (conection dial-up) the Wine will be installed in your computer. Then run, configure and OK! Copy the Davar files (or Install the executable) running: wine "program_executable.exe"

Davar will be installed as in Windows 98. Then, on Davar directory, run wine davar.exe (Wine must preceed all windows executables on command-line)...

Yeah!!! Free Davar under a free OS!

Questions? I'll be happy helping you!!!

Thadeu de Paula - Brazil
thadeudepaula@gmail.com
isaquealves

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: That's great!! Reply with quote

I have spent my time searching for a application that could substitute Davar in my studies, and, i didn't find it. Some of the options are very good, but, davar is excelent one...
I Use Ubuntu, and this is a very good news!!
Thanks!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Davar 3.0 development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: