DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you mean,..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Hebrew Dictionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Do you mean,.. Reply with quote

<original message>
Thank you for this great program. I really want to use this, but my computer can't read all the fonts.. it appears like this:L?I?B?A?

I erased my old hebrew fonts and installed new ones, but still it isn't working properly. Whould you give me some tips? THanks !!
---------------------------------------------------
Obviously, you have problem with installed fonts. Please UNINSTALL (not erase!) => HERE, do you mean when I install DAVAR, not to install Hebrew and Greek fonts? Where all other things are being installed? fonts HebrewUniversal, HebrewUniversalS and GreekUniversal - if presented in system. Then delete manually font files in /Fonts/ folder if presented in system.
Then restart Windows and INSTALL (not copy!) fonts (via Control Panel) from Davar3 distribution.

In future --> direct this things to FORUM.

Josef

======================
THank you!!!
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Do you mean,.. Reply with quote

I mean, if someone already used D3 or have problems with fonts (as you have), then I found better uninstall all D3 fonts and do clear installation of fonts after restart.
But if you go through released versions, as they come, it is OK just to unpack files (exe and other) and leave already installed fonts.

Other possible sources of problems:
Do not use chinese/korean windows? If so, D3 will not work. Only know solution AFAIK is run under linux/wine, virtual PC and perhaps React OS. D3 is NOT unicode program.

Also, if u used previous D2.x version, check if fonts named hebuni.ttf and hebunis.ttf are NOT presented.

Josef

Jin wrote:
<original message>
Thank you for this great program. I really want to use this, but my computer can't read all the fonts.. it appears like this:L?I?B?A?

I erased my old hebrew fonts and installed new ones, but still it isn't working properly. Whould you give me some tips? THanks !!
---------------------------------------------------
Obviously, you have problem with installed fonts. Please UNINSTALL (not erase!) => HERE, do you mean when I install DAVAR, not to install Hebrew and Greek fonts? Where all other things are being installed? fonts HebrewUniversal, HebrewUniversalS and GreekUniversal - if presented in system. Then delete manually font files in /Fonts/ folder if presented in system.
Then restart Windows and INSTALL (not copy!) fonts (via Control Panel) from Davar3 distribution.

In future --> direct this things to FORUM.

Josef

======================
THank you!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Hebrew Dictionary All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: