DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Marriage be

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: How Marriage be Reply with quote

On a Messianic forum.. somebody asked if Paul was married; (verses thrown around were 1Co 7:7-8, 9:1-8) and some said that he must of been since his pharisaic religious order was the strictest and demanded it; (perhaps bearing in mind Ac 22:3, 23:6, 26:5; Php 3:5) and thus questions are even alleged about if his wife passed away when he began his ministry.. but perhaps the important question be: How are we honoring marriage? .. let it be physically or spiritually.. For i perceive that Paul honored both, as Timothy was even his natural son in the faith. (1Co 4:17, 1Ti 1:2, 2Ti 3:15.)

Of course Paul exalted marriage by ensample and comparison to spiritual things.. as he even well said:
2 Corinthians 11:1-4
1Would to God, ye could suffer me a little in my foolishness: yea, and I pray you forbear me.  2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy. For I coupled you to one man, to make you a chaste virgin to Christ:  3But I fear lest as the serpent beguiled Eve, thorow his subtlety, even so your wits should be corrupt from the singleness that is in Christ.  4For if he that cometh to you preach another Jesus than him whom we preached: or if ye receive another spirit than that which ye have received: either another gospel than that ye have received, ye might right well have been content.  

Yea marriage not according to the sellflish (i.e. selfish sell flesh) way of the world but according to the way of the Hebraic Law as was fit for the environment at the time via the testimony of Christ.

;) HOW - HEY NOW - WHY :p

For worldly marriage be like a wife who spends countless years trying to change her husband, and when the man finally does change, she then complains that he's not the man she married.
Again it's like a husband that gives everything his wife wants against his better judgment, and at last when he is in lack, the woman scolds him to scorn.

1 Corinthians 7:3-5
3Let the man give unto the wife due benevolence. Likewise also the wife unto the man.  4The wife hath not power over her own body: but the husband: And likewise the man hath not power over his own body: but the wife.  5Withdraw not your selves one from another except it be with consent for a time, for to give yourselves to fasting and prayer, and afterward come again to the same thing, lest Satan tempt you for your incontinency.  

Colossians 3:18-19
18Wives submit your own selves unto your own husbands, as it is comely in the Lord.  19Husbands love your wives and be not bitter unto them.  

1 Peter 3:1-7
1Likewise let the women be in subjection to their husbands, that even they which believe not the word, may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives:  2while they behold your pure conversation coupled with fear.  3Whose apparel shall not be outward with broided hair, and hanging on of gold, other in putting on of gorgeous apparel:   4but let the hid man of the heart be uncorrupt, with a meek and a quiet spirit, which spirit is before God a thing much set by.  5For after this manner in the old time did the wholy women which trusted in God tire themselves, and were obedient to their husbands,  6even as Sara obeyed Abraham and called him lord: whose daughters ye are as long as ye do well, and be not afraid of every shadow.  7Likewise ye men dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as unto them that are heirs also of the grace of life, that your prayers be not let.  

Isaiah 8:20
If any man want light, let him look upon the law and the testimony whether they speak not after this meaning.

Brings to ALARUM that the woman today hath to be held accountable more than ever because of being "forced" to have the role of the man. Hey, please don't misconstrue what I'm saying, cause i believe that the woman from the very beginning hath power over her own head thanks to the Angels anyway; (1Co 11:10) but as devout (let it be male or female) we still ought to have discernment against Angels. (Know ye not how that we shall judge the angels?) For it is not who is better than the other but how we honor the way HaShem originally made us; YEA to see who can better lovingly serve one another. (now that's healthy competition!)

The word of Christ perscribed by Dr. Luke 22:26 wrote:
He that is greatest among you, shall be as the youngest: And he that is chief, shall be as the minister.<and the chiefest, as a servant>

Mark 10:15
Verily I say to you, whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a child, he shall not enter therein.

John 3:3
Jesus answered, and said unto him: Verily, verily I say unto thee: except a man be born a new, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Well according to the New Testament Scriptures.. What is the role of the "husband" anyway?

Ephesians 5:23-32
23For the husband is the wife's head, even as Christ is the head of the congregation, and the same is the saviour of the body.  24Therefore as the congregation is in subjection to Christ, likewise let the wives be in subjection to their husbands in all things.  25Husbands love your wives, even as Christ loved the congregation, and gave himself for it,  26to sanctify it, and cleansed it in the fountain of water thorow the word,  27to make it unto himself, a glorious congregation without spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing: but that it should be holy and without blame.  28So ought men to love their wives, as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife, loveth himself.  29For no man ever yet, hated his own flesh: But nourisheth, and cherisheth it: even as the Lord doth the congregation:  30for we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.  31For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall continue with his wife, and two shall be made one flesh.  32This is a great secret, but I speak between Christ and the congregation.  

WOOHOO.. WHAT A GREAT SECRET

Thus I beseech (even with tears) the devout woman (and even man) to please shush and not fall into slander with "WHAT IFs" because one day it'll be too late when all be face to face with Christ the Creator who is worthy to say: DID I NOT SUFFER AS AN ENSAMPLE OF GREATEST LOVE TO THE VERY END!?

1 Peter 3:17
It is better (if the will of God be so) that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

How do we know if the will of God be so?
Only YeshuaH (Christ the Lord) may answer that question:

? He put forth a similitude unto them, signifying that men ought always to pray, and not to be weary, saying: There was a Judge in a certain city, which feared not God neither regarded man. And there was a certain widow in the same city, which came unto him saying: Avenge me of mine adversary. And a great while he would not. Afterward he said unto himself: Though I fear not God, nor care for man, yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest at the last she come, and rail on me.
? And the Lord said: hear what the unrighteous judge sayeth. And shall not God avenge his elect, which cry night and day unto him? Yea though he defer them: I tell you, he will avenge them, and that quickly. Nevertheless, when the son of man cometh, suppose ye, that he shall find faith on earth. (Gospell according to Doctor Luke 18:1-8)

Yes we all have to pray and look up to Christ for that answer till the very end as redemption draweth nigh, yea ever near.

Romans 8:18
For I suppose that the afflictions of this life, are not worthy of the glory which shall be shewed upon us.

----

Notwithstanding, Dan a married brother in Messiah (Christ the Lord) just brought up an interesting Scripture about the significance of marriage.

Genesis 2:22-25
22And the LORD God made of the rib which he took out of Adam, a woman, and brought her unto Adam.  23Then said Adam: This is once bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh. This shall be called woman: because she was taken of the man.  24For this cause shall a man leave father and mother and cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh.  25And they were either of them naked, both Adam and his wife, and were not ashamed.  

And then i noticed something very important, that the first married couple were made not to be ashamed! In other words, they were amazingly made to be glorified.

Code:
Ge 2:25 And they were either<ether> of them naked, both Adam and his wife, and were not ashamed.

It's interesting to note that the original English translation from the original tongues spelled either as ether.. though perhaps unrelated according to the Hebrew (still taking into account how the LORd works in higher ways than ours - Isa 55:8-9) could be even a prophetical detail for today's scientific age according to the English definition thereof; though to our shame (even with today's mindboggling technology) ether was the medium already supposed by the ancients to fill the upper regions of space.

Wordnet dictionary wrote:

[n] (archaic) the fifth and highest element after air and earth and fire and water; was believed to be the substance composing all heavenly bodies

Brings to remembrance:

1Co 15:39-44 wrote:
? All flesh is not one manner of flesh: but there is one manner flesh of men, another manner flesh of beasts, another manner flesh of fishes, and another of birds. There are celestial bodies, and there are bodies terrestrial: But the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one manner glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, an another glory of the stars. For one star differeth from another in glory. So is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption, and riseth in incorruption. It is sown in dishonour, and riseth in honour. It is sown in weakness, and riseth in power. It is sown a natural body, and riseth a spiritual body.

Well now; wonder how that'll be like when people get the promissed glorified bodies? Of course if God is love and made love for what it truely be .. can you imagine the rest of the senses with absolute purity!?

WOOHOO .......

1Co 2:9 but as it is written: The eye hath not seen, and the ear hath not heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: