DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Name of the Everlasting God

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: The Name of the Everlasting God Reply with quote

Exodus 3:13-14 wrote:
ויאמר משה אל האלהים הנה אנכי בא אל בני ישראל ואמרתי להם אלהי אבותיכם שלחני אליכם ואמרו לי מה שמו מה אמר אלהם ‏ ויאמר אלהים אל משה אהיה אשר אהיה ויאמר כה תאמר לבני ישראל אהיה שלחני אליכם

Word: אהיה
People that fluently speak hebrew say the word is pronounced EHYEH.

It's very interesting how in Portuguese (and likely other languages) EH sounds like ? that means IS (and also is used as an affirmative)

And amazing how in English YEH (even YA) sounds like the affirmative YEA.

2 Corinthians 1:19-20 wrote:
For God's <Goddis> son Iesus Christ which was preached among you by us (that is to say <|namely|> by me and Silvanus and Thimotheus) was not yea and nay: but in him it was Yea: For all the promises of God, in him are Yea: and are in him Amen, unto the laud of God thorow us. -2Co. 1:19 -20

(Also very interesting how that Amen in Spanish is the verb love.)

Quote:
1Jo 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love, and he that dwelleth <abideth> in love dwelleth <abideth> in God, and God in him.

Last edited by JAdmin on Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:58 am; edited 11 times in total
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original English translation from the Hebrew (presented at this site) sayeth:
Exodus 3:13-15
13Then said Moses unto God: when I come unto the children of Israel and say unto them, the God of your fathers hath sent me unto you, and they say unto me, what is his name, what answer shall I give them?  14Then said God unto Moses: I will be what I will be: and he said, this shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I will be did send me to you.  15And God spake further unto Moses: thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial thorowout all generations.  

In the Old Testament God promised "I WILL BE" the salvation from Egypt's captivity, and it's amazing that in the New Testament fulfillment Christ the Lord acknowledged being "I AM" thoroughly throughout.
Code:
Joh 14:6 Jesus said unto him I am the way, the verity,<the truth> and [the] life. [And] No man cometh unto the father, but by me.

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 Now is Christ risen from death, and is become the first fruits of them that slept.  21For by a man came death, and by a man came resurrection of death.   22For as by Adam all die: even so by Christ, shall all be made alive,  23and every man in his own order: The first is Christ, then they that are Christ's at his coming.  24Then cometh the end, when he hath delivered up the kingdom to God the father, when he hath put down all rule, authority, and power.  25For he must rule till he have put all his enemies under his feet.  26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest, that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  28When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.  

Code:
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest, that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.

Philippians 2:5-6
5Let the same mind be in you the which was in Christ Jesu:  6Which being in the shape of God, and thought it not robbery to be equal with God.  

FYI. Latin and even English originally spelt the Lord's name as IEsu.

Matthew 16:15-16
15He said unto them: But whom say ye that I am?  16Simon Peter answered, and said: Thou art Christ the son of the living God.  

John 5:43-47
43I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not. If another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive.  44How can ye believe, which receive praise one of another, and seek not the praise which cometh of God only?  45Suppose not, that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, verily Moses in whom ye trust.  46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: For he wrote of me.  47But when ye believe not his writing: how shall ye believe my words.  

John 7:28-29
28Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught saying: And me ye know, and whence I am ye know: and I am not come of myself. But he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.  29I know him: ([And if I say that I know him not, I shall be a lier like unto you, but I know him]) For I am of him, and he hath sent me.  

John 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins. For except ye believe that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Also very interesting to note Revelation:

Revelation 1:4-11
4John to the seven congregations in Asia. Grace be with you and peace, from him which is and which was, and which is to come: and from the seven spirits which are present before his throne,  5and from Jesus Christ which is a faithful witness, and first begotten of the dead: and Lord over the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us and washed us from our sins in his own blood,  6and made us kings and priests unto God his father, be glory, and dominion for evermore amen.  7Behold he cometh with clouds, and all eyes shall see him: and they also which pierced him. And all kindreds of the earth shall wail. ([over him]) Even so amen.  8I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord almighty, which is and which was and which is to come.  9John your brother and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience which is in Jesu Christ, was in the isle of Pathmos for the word of God, and for the witnessing of Jesu Christ.  10I was in the spirit on a son day, and heard behind me, a great voice, as it had been of a trompe  11saying: I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. That thou seest write in a book, and send it unto the congregations which are in Asia, unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thiatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicia.  

Revelation 3:11-13
11Behold I come shortly. Hold that which thou hast, that no man take away thy crown.  12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. And I will write upon him, the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God and I will write upon him my new name.  13Let him that hath ears, hear what the spirit saith unto the congregations.  

Revelation 14:1
And I looked, and lo a lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him a hundred and forty four thousand having his ([name and his]) father's name written in their foreheads.

Revelation 16:5-6
5And I heard an angel say: Lord which art and wast, thou art righteous and holy, because thou hast given such judgements,  6for they shed out the blood of saints, and prophets, and therefore hast thou given them blood to drink: for they are worthy.  

Revelation 21:6-8
6And he said unto me: it is done I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning, and the end. I will give to him that is a thirst of the well of the water of life free.  7He that overcometh shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.  8But the fearful and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.  

Revelation 22:13-21
13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that their power may be in the tree of life, and may enter in thorow the gates into the city.  15For with out shall be dogs and enchanters, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth or maketh leasings.  16I Jesus sent mine angel, to testify unto you these things in the congregations. I am the root and the generation of David, and the bright morning star.  17And the spirit and the bride said come. And let him that heareth, say also come. And let him that is a thirst come. And let whosoever will, take of the water of life free.  18I testify unto every man that heareth the words of prophecy of this book: if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.  19And if any man shall minish of the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from those things which are written in this book.  20He which testifieth these things saith: be it, I come quickly, Amen. Even so: come Lord Jesu.  21The grace of our Lord Jesu Christ be with you all Amen. The end of the new testament.  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: