DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Abe Lincoln
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: word of promise Reply with quote

JAdmin wrote:
Is the law you speak of Carnal or spiritual?

Romans 7:14-25
14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin:  15because I wot not what I do. For what I would, that do I not: but what I hate, that do I.  16If I do now that which I would not, I grant to the law that it is good.  17So then now it is not I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  18For I know that in me (that is to say in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing. To will is present with me: but I find no means to perform that which is good.  19For I do not that good thing which I would: but that evil do I, which I would not.  20Finally, if I do that I would not, then is it not I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me doeth it.  21I find then by the law that when I would do good, evil is present with me.  22I delight in the law of God, as concerning the inner man.  23But I see another law in my members rebelling against the law of my mind, and subduing me unto the law of sin, which is in my members.  24O wretched man that I am: who shall deliver me from this body of death?  25I thank God by Jesus Christ our Lord: So then I myself in my mind serve the law of God, and in my flesh the law of sin.  
Romans 8:1-9
1There is then no damnation to them which are in Christ Jesu, which walk not after the flesh: but after the spirit.  2For the law of the spirit, wherein is life thorow Jesus Christ hath delivered me from the law of sin, and death.  3For what the law could not do inasmuch as it was weak because of the flesh: that performed God, and sent his son in the similitude of sinful flesh, and by sin damned sin in the flesh:  4that the righteousness required of the law, might be fulfilled in us, which walk not after the flesh: but after the spirit.  5For they that are carnal, are carnally minded; and they that are spiritual are ghostly minded.  6To be carnally minded is death; and to be spiritually minded is life, and peace:  7because that the fleshly mind is enmity against God: For it is not obedient to the law of God, neither can be.  8So then they that are given to the flesh, cannot please God.  9But ye are not given to the flesh; But to the spirit: If so be that the spirit of God dwell in you. If there be any man that hath not the spirit of Christ, the same is none of his.  

And believer or not, you have absolutely no right to judge president Lincoln seeing that God had ordained him as an authority.

Ephesians 4:26-28
26Be angry, but sin not: let not the son go down upon your wrath,  27give no place unto the backbiter,  28let him that stole steal no more, but let him rather labour with his hands some good thing, that he may have to give unto him that needeth.  

Quote:
1Co 4:2 Furthermore it is required of the disposers <|stewards|> that they be found faithful.
1Co 4:3 With me is it but a very small thing, that I should be judged of you, either of man's day. No I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4 I know nought by myself: yet am I not thereby justified. It is the Lord that judgeth me.
1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, which will lighten things that are hid in darkness: and open the counsels of the hearts. And then shall every man have praise of God.

Romans 13:1-9
1Let every soul submit himself unto the authority of the higher powers. There is no power but of God. The powers that be, are ordained of God.  2Whosoever therefore resisteth power, resisteth the ordinance of God. They that resist, shall receive to themselves damnation.  3For rulers are not to be feared for good works but for evil. Wilt thou be without fear of the power? Do well then: and so shalt thou be praised of the same.  4For he is the minister of God, for thy wealth. But and if thou do evil, then fear: for he beareth not a sword for nought; for he is the minister of God, to take vengeance on them that do evil.  5Wherefore ye must needs obey, not for fear of vengeance only: but also because of conscience.  6 Even for this cause pay ye tribute. For they are God's ministers, serving for the same purpose.  7Give to every man therefore his duty: Tribute to whom tribute belongeth: Custom to whom custom is due: fear to whom fear belongeth: Honour to whom honour pertaineth.  8Owe no thing to any man: but to love one another. For he that loveth another, fulfilleth the law.  9For these commandments: Thou shalt not commit advoutry: Thou shalt not kill: Thou shalt not steal: Thou shalt not bear false witness: Thou shalt not desire: and so forth if there be any other commandment, are all comprehended in this saying: Love thine neighbor as thyself.  

Romans 11:32-36
32God hath wrapped all nations in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all.  33O the deepness of the abundant wisdom and knowledge off God: how incomprehensible are his judgements, and his ways unsearchable.  34For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who was his counsellor?  35other who hath given unto him first, that he might be recompensed again?  36For of him, and thorow him, and unto him are all things. To him be glory forever Amen.  

Quote:
Ro 9:9 For this is a word of promise, about this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Ro 9:10 Neither was it so with her only: but also when Rebecca was with child by one, I mean <|namely|> by our father Isaac,
Ro 9:11 yer the children were born, when they had neither done good neither bad (that the purpose of God which is by election, might stand) it was said unto her, not by the reason <|deserving|> of works, but by grace of the caller,
Ro 9:12 the elder shall serve the younger. <|The greater shall serve the less|>
Ro 9:13 As it is written: Jacob he loved, but Esau he hated.
Ro 9:14 What shall we say then? is there any unrighteousness with God? God forbid!
Ro 9:15 For he saith to Moses: I will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy: And will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
Ro 9:16 So lieth it not then in a man's will, or running, <cunning> but in the mercy of God.

Heman wrote:
Quote:
Is the law you speak of Carnal or spiritual?
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, leniency, graciousness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, self control: against such like there is no law.
24 But those of Christ Jesus have placed on a stake the flesh with the passions and desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
26 Let us not be of vain glory, provoking each other, bearing a grudge with each other.

6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in any fault, ye which are spiritual, mend the such like in the spirit of meekness; watching thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

2 Bear ye one another?s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

3 For if anyone suppose to be, being nothing, deceiveth himself.

4 But let every man try his own work, and then have pride and joy in himself alone, and not in the others.

5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

6 But let him that is instructed in word communicate unto him that teacheth in all to do good.

7 Be not deceived; God is not to be sneered at: for what ever a man should sow, this also shall he reap.

8 Because he that soweth for his flesh from the flesh he will reap corruption; but the one sowing for the Spirit from the Spirit will reap life age-lasting.

Abraham Lincoln was something (for many generations) more than Heman according to Psalms 88 will ever be; and that thanks to Jesu Christ who said:

? Verily verily I say unto you whosoever believeth on me, the works that I do, the same shall he do, and greater works then these shall he do, because I go unto my father. And whatsoever ye ask in my name, that will I do, that the father might be glorified by the son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name I will do it.
? If ye love me keep my commandments, and I will pray the father, and he shall give you another comforter, that he may bide with you ever, which is the spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because the world seeth him not, neither knoweth him. But ye know him. For he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come unto you.
? It is yet a little while and the world seeth me no more: but ye shall see me. For I live, and ye shall live. That day shall ye know that I am in my father, and my father in me, and I in you.
? He that hath my commandments and keepeth them, the same is he that loveth me, and he that loveth me shall be loved of my father, and I will love him, and will shew mine own self unto him. Iudas said unto him (not Iudas Iscarioth) Lord what is the cause that thou wilt shew thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Iesus answered and said unto him: if a man love me and will keep my sayings, my father also will love him, and we will come unto him, and will dwell with him. He that loveth me not, keepeth not my sayings. And the words which ye hear are not mine, but my father's, which sent me.
? This have I spoken unto you being yet present with you. But that comforter which is the holy ghost (whom my father will send in my name) shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you.
? Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your hearts be grieved, neither fear ye. Ye have heard how I said unto you: I go and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would verily rejoice, because I said, I go unto the father. For the father is greater then I. And now have I shewed you, before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
? Here after will I not talk many words unto you. For the chief ruler of this world cometh, and hath nought in me. But that the world may know that I love my father, And as the father gave me commandment, even so do I. Rise let us go hence.
Joh 14:12-31

The promise is even like this, there was a game that a devout wished a team would win, yea so much so that even went contrary to hope; but still believed in hope. Even though that team lost in the eyes of this world..
Does that mean the team lost God's favor? God forbid.

Besides, even if the enemy and adversary of verity boast (temporarily) in this world; will not the Lord in his sovereign providence stand up and eventually shut them up? yea even as HE DID in the time of Noah!

I AM SOMETHING IN CHRIST THE LORD WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

If you are faithful till the end, of course God will give you a much better name than HeMan.
For the Everlasting Lord hath adverted your type congregations well:

Re 2:1 Unto the angel <messenger> of the congregation of Ephesus write: These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, and walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks.
Re 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not forbear them which are evil: and examinedst them which say they are apostles, and are not: and hast found them liars.
Re 2:3 And hast suffered, <and didst wash thy self> and hast patience: and for my name's sake hast laboured and hast not fainted.
Re 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, for thou hast left thy first love.
Re 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works. Or else I will come unto thee shortly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Re 2:6 But this thou hast because thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which deeds I also hate.
Re 2:7 Let him that hath ears hear, what the spirit saith unto the congregations. To him that overcometh, will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst <myddes> of the paradise of God.
Re 2:8 And unto the angel of the congregation of Smyrna write: These things saith he that is first, and the last, which was dead and is alive.
Re 2:9 I know thy works and tribulation and poverty, but thou art rich: And I know the blasphemy of them which call themselves jews and are not: but are the congregation of sathan.
Re 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer. Behold, the devil shall cast of you into prison, to tempt you, and ye shall have tribulation ten days. Be faithful unto the death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Re 2:11 Let him that hath ears hear, what the spirit saith to the congregations: He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Re 2:12 And to the angel <messenger> of the congregation in Pergamos write: This saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges.
Re 2:13 I know thy works and where thou dwellest, even where Sathan's seat is, and thou keepest my name and hast not denied my faith. And in my days Antipas was a faithful witness of mine, which was slain among you where sathan dwelleth.
Re 2:14 But I have a few things against thee: that thou hast there, they that maintain, the doctrine of Balaam which taught in Balak, to put occasion of sin before the children of Israel, that they should eat of meat dedicated unto idols, and to commit fornication.
Re 2:15 Even so hast thou them that maintain the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
Re 2:16 But repent <be converted> or else I will come to <unto> thee shortly and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. <mought>
Re 2:17 Let him that hath ears hear what the spirit sayth unto the congregations: To him that overcometh will I give to eat Manna that is hid, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth, saving he that receiveth it.

Moderator wrote:

On that promise this post is finally closed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: