DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theman and Pharan - "out of Sion"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Theman and Pharan - "out of Sion" Reply with quote

Habakkuk 3:1-19
1A prayer of the prophet Abacuc for the ignoraunce.   2O LORD, when I heard speak of thee, I was afraid. The work thou hast taken in hand, shalt thou perform in his time, O LORD: and when thy time cometh, thou shalt declare it. In thy very wrath thou thinkest upon mercy.  3God cometh from Theman, and the holy one from the mount of Pharan. Sela.  4His glory covereth the heavens, and the earth is full of his praise. His shine is as the sun, and beams of light go out of his hands, there is his power hid.  5Destruction goeth before him, and burning cressettes go from his feet.  6He standeth, and measureth the earth. He looketh, and the people consume away, the mountains of the world fall down to powder, and the hills are fain to bow themselves, for his goings are everlasting and sure.  7I saw, that the pavilions of the Morians and the tents of the land of Madian were vexed for weariness.  8Wast thou not angry, O LORD, in the waters? was not thy wrath in the floods, and thy displeasure in the sea? Yes, when thou satest upon thine horse, and when thy chariots had the victory.  9Thou shewdest thy bow openly, like as thou hadst promised with an oath unto the tribes. Selah. Thou didst divide the waters of the earth.  10When the mountains saw thee, they were afraid, the water stream went away: the deep made a noise at the lifting up of thine hand.  11The Sun and Moon remained still in their habitation. Thine arrows went out glistering, and thy spears as the shine of the lightning.  12Thou trodest down the land in thine anger, and didst throshe the Heathen in thy displeasure.  13Thou camest forth to help thy people, to help thine anointed. Thou smotest down the head in the house of the ungodly, and discoveredest his foundations, even unto the neck of him. Selah.  14Thou cursest his scepters, the captain of his men of war: which come as a stormy wind to scatter me abroad, and are glad when they may eat up the poor secretly.  15Thou makest a way for thine horses in the sea, even in the mud of great waters.  16When I hear this, my body is vexed, my lips tremble at the voice thereof, my bones corrupt, I am afraid where I stand. O that I might rest in the day of trouble, that I might go up unto our people, which are already prepared.  17For the fig trees shall not be green, and the vines shall bear no fruit. The labour of the olive shall be but lost, and the land shall bring no corn: the sheep shall be taken out of the fold, and there shall be no cattle in the stalls.  18But as for me, I will be glad in the LORD, and will rejoice in God my Saviour.  19The LORD God is my strength, he shall make my feet as the feet of harts: and he which giveth the victory, shall bring me to my high places, singing upon my psalms. The end of the prophecy of Abacuc.  

Interesting to note:
Habakkuk 3:3
God cometh from Theman, and the holy one from the mount of Pharan. Sela.

Quote:
Easton bible dictionary:
Theman
Id.
(1.) A grandson of Esau, one of the "dukes of Edom" ( Gen 36:11, Gen 36:15, Gen 36:42).
(2.) A place in Southern Idumea, the land of "the sons of the east," frequently mentioned in the Old Testament. It was noted for the wisdom of its inhabitants ( Amo 1:12; Oba 1:8; Jer 49:7; Eze 25:13). It was divided from the hills of Paran by the low plain of Arabah ( Hab 3:3).

Pharan
Abounding in foliage, or abounding in caverns, ( Gen 21:21), a desert tract forming the north-eastern division of the peninsula of Sinai, lying between the 'Arabahon the east and the wilderness of Shur on the west. It is intersected in a north-western direction by the Wady el-'Arish. It bears the modern name of Badiet et-Tih, i.e., "the desert of the wanderings." This district, through which the children of Israel wandered, lay three days' march from Sinai ( Num 10:12, Num 10:33). From Kadesh, in this wilderness, spies (q.v.) were sent to spy the land ( Num 13:3, Num 13:26). Here, long afterwards, David found refuge from Saul ( 1Sa 25:1, 1Sa 25:4).

Theman and Pharan brings to attention the jorney from Egypt and the wilderness to the promise land.
Yea and somehow brings to my remembrance:

Psalms 68:1-35
1To the chanter, a Psalm and song of David. Let God arise, so shall his enemies be scattered, and they that hate him, shall flee before him.  2Like as the smoke vanisheth, so shalt thou drive them away: and like as wax melteth at the fire, so shall the ungodly perish at the presence of God.  3But the righteous shall be glad and rejoice before God, they shall be merry and joyful.  4Oh sing unto God, sing praises to his name: magnify him that rideth above the heavens (whose name is the LORD) and rejoice before him.  5He is a father of the fatherless, he is a defender of widows: even God in his holy habitation.  6He is the God that maketh men to be of one mind in a house, and bringeth the prisoners out of captivity in due season, but letteth the runagates continue in scarceness.  7O God, when thou wentest forth before the people, when thou wentest thorow the wilderness. Selah:  8The earth shook, and the heavens dropped at the presence of God in Sinai, at the presence of God, which is the God of Israel.  9Thou, O God sendest a gracious rain, upon thine inheritance, and refreshest it, when it is dry.  10That thy beasts may dwell therein, which thou of thy goodness hast prepared for the poor.  11The Lord shall give the word, with great hosts of Evangelists.  12Kings with their armies shall flee, and they of the household shall divide the spoil.  13If so be that ye lie among the pales, the dove's feathers shall be covered with silver, and her wings the color of gold.  14When the Almighty setteth kings upon the earth, it shall be clear even in the darkness.  15The hill of Basan is God's hill, the hill of Basan is a plenteous hill.  16Why hop ye so, ye great hills? It pleaseth God to dwell upon this hill, yea the LORD will abide in it for ever.  17The chariots of God are many thousand times a thousand, the Lord is among them in the holy Sinai.  18Thou art gone up on high, thou hast led captivity captive, and received gifts for men: yea even for thine enemies, that they might dwell with the LORD God.  19Praised be the Lord daily, even the God which helpeth us, and poureth his benefits upon us. Selah.  20The God that is our Saviour, even GOD the Lord by whom we escape death.  21The God that smiteth the enemies upon the heads and upon the hairy scalps: such as go on still in their wickedness.  22The Lord hath said: some will I bring away from Basan, some will I bring again from the deep of the sea.  23That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and that thy dogs may lick it up.  24It is well seen, O God, how thou goest, how thou my God and King goest in the Sanctuary.  25The singers go before, and then the minstrels among the maidens with the tumbrels.  26O give thanks unto God the LORd in the congregation, for the wells of Israel.  27There little Benjamin, the princes of Judah, the princes of Zabulon, and the princes of Nephtali bear rule among them.  28Thy God hath committed strength unto thee, stablish the thing, O God, that thou hast wrought in us.  29For thy temple's sake at Jerusalem shall kings bring presents unto thee.  30Reprove the beasts among the reeds, the heap of bulls with the calves: those that drive for money. Oh scatter the people that delight in battle.  31The princes shall come out of Egypt, the Morians land shall stretch out her hands unto God.  32Sing unto God, O ye kingdoms of the earth: O sing praises unto the Lord. Selah.  33Which setteth in the heavens over all from the beginning: Lo, he shall send out his voice, yea and that a mighty voice.  34Ascribe ye the power unto God, his glory is in Israel, and his might in the clouds.  35God is wonderful in his Sanctuary, he is the God of Israel, he will give strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.  

The original Portuguese translation had a note at:
Ps 68:16 Por que saltais, ? montes elevados? {Heb: Porque olhais com maus olhos, sois invejosos de Si?o?} este ? o monte que Deus desejou para sua habita??o, e o SENHOR habitar? nele eternamente.

Translated:
Ps 68:16 Why hop ye so, ye elevated hills? {Why look ye with malicious eyes, are ye jealous of Sion?} This is the hill that God desired to dwell upon, and the LORD will abide in it for ever.

The verses before it shew that even the hill that GOd blessed plenteously is jealous against Sion.
Psalms 68:14-15
14When the Almighty setteth kings upon the earth, it shall be clear even in the darkness.  15The hill of Basan is God's hill, the hill of Basan is a plenteous hill.  

And why?
Mark 12:1-11
1And he began to speak unto them in similitudes. A certain man planted a vineyard, and compassed it with an hedge, and ordained a winepress, and built a tower in it, and let it out to hire unto husbandmen, and went into a strange country.  2And when the time was come he sent to the tenants a servant that he might receive of the tenants of the fruit of the vineyard.  3And they caught him and beat him and sent him again empty.  4And moreover he sent unto them another servant, and at him they cast stones and brake his head, and sent him again all too reviled.   5And again he sent another, and him they killed: and many other, beating some, and killing some.  6Yet had he one son whom he loved tenderly, him also sent he at the last unto them, saying: they will fear my son.   7But the tenants said within themselves: This is the heir, come let us kill him and the inheritance shall be ours.  8And they took him and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.  9What shall then the lord of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the tenants, and let out the vineyard to other.  10Have ye not read this scripture? the stone which the builders did refuse, is made the chief stone in the corner:  11This was done of the Lord, and is marvelous in our eyes.  

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 Now is Christ risen from death, and is become the first fruits of them that slept.  21For by a man came death, and by a man came resurrection of death.   22For as by Adam all die: even so by Christ, shall all be made alive,  23and every man in his own order: The first is Christ, then they that are Christ's at his coming.  24Then cometh the end, when he hath delivered up the kingdom to God the father, when he hath put down all rule, authority, and power.  25For he must rule till he have put all his enemies under his feet.  26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest, that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  28When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.  

Yea because God in his sovereign providence (and great mercy) makes it rain on both the just and unjust ..
Matthew 5:43-48
43Ye have heard how it is said: thou shalt love thine neighbor, and hate thine enemy.  44But I say unto you, love your enemies. Bless them that curse you. Do good to them that hate you. Pray for them which do you wrong, and persecute you,  45that ye may be the children of your heavenly father: for he maketh his sun to arise, on the evil, and on the good, and sendeth his rain on the just and unjust.  46For if ye shall love them, which love you: what reward shall ye have? Do not the publicans even so?  47And if ye be friendly to your brethren only: what singular thing do ye? Do not the publicans likewise?  48Ye shall therefore be perfect, even as your heavenly father is perfect.  

Though the unjust get it for a short season in this world, the just will get the promissed reward every season and forever more in the world to come where righteousness dwells.
Hebrews 11:1-40
1Faith is a sure confidence of things which are hoped for, and a certainty of things which are not seen.  2By it the elders were well reported of.  3Thorow faith we understand that the world was ordained, by the word of God: That by the means of things which appear, things which are invisible might be known.   4By faith Abel offered unto God a more plenteous sacrifice than Cain: by which, he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: by which also he being dead, yet speaketh.  5By faith was Enoch translated that he should not see death: neither was he found: for God had taken him away. Before he was taken away, he obtained record, that he had pleased God:  6but without faith it is unpossible to please him. For he that cometh to God, must believe that God is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek him.  7By faith Noah honoured God, after that he was warned of things which were not seen, and prepared the ark to the saving of his household, thorow the which ark he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which cometh by faith.  8By faith Abraham, when he was called obeyed to go out into a place, which he should afterward receive to inheritance, and he went out, not knowing whither he should go.  9By faith he removed into the land that was promised him, as into a strange country, and dwelt in tabernacles: and so did Isaac, and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise.  10For he looked for a city having a foundation, whose builder and maker is God.  11Thorow faith Sara also received strength to be with child, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful which had promised.  12And therefore sprang there of one (and of one which was as good as dead) so many in multitude, as the stars of the sky, and as the sand of the sea shore which is innumerable.  13And they all died in faith, and received not the promises: but saw them afar off, and believed them, and saluted them: and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.  14They that say such things, declare that they seek a country.   15Also if they had been mindful of that country, from whence they came, they had leisure to have returned again.  16But now they desire a better, that is to say a celestial. Wherefore God is not ashamed of them, even to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.  17In faith Abraham offered up Isaac, when he was tempted, and he offered him being his only son, in whom he had received the promises:  18Of whom it was said, in Isaac shall thy seed be called:  19for he considered, that God was able to raise up again from death. Wherefore received he him, as an ensample of the resurrection.  20In faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau, as concerning things to come.  21By faith Jacob when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph, and worshipped on the top of his sceptre.   22By faith Joseph when he died, remembered the departing of the children of Israel, and gave commandment of his bones.  23By faith Moses when he was born, was hid three months of his father and mother, because they saw he was a proper child: neither feared they the king's commandment.  24By faith Moses when he was of a great age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter,  25and chose rather to suffer adversity with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season,  26and esteemed the rebuke of Christ greater riches, than the treasure of Egypt. For he had a respect unto the reward.  27By faith he forsook Egypt, and feared not the fierceness of the king. For he endured, even as he had seen him which is invisible.  28Thorow faith he ordained the ester lamb, and the effusion of blood, lest he that destroyed the first born should touch them.  29By faith they passed thorow the reed sea as by dry land, which when the egyptians had assayed to do, they were drowned.  30By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were compassed about, seven days.  31By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, after she had received the spies to lodging peaceably.  32And what shall I more say, the time would be too short for me to tell of Gideon, of Barach, and of Samson, and of Jephthae. Also of David and Samuel, and of the prophets,  33which thorow faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained the promises, stopped the mouths of lions,  34quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, of weak were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.  35 The women received their dead raised to life again. Other were racked, and would not be delivered, that they might receive a better resurrection.  36Other tasted of mockings, and scourgings, moreover of bonds and prisonment:  37were stoned, were hewn asunder, were tempted, were slain with swords, walked up and down in sheep skins, in goat skins, in need, tribulation, and vexation,  38which the world was not worthy of: They wandered in wilderness, in mountains, in dens and caves of the earth.  39And these all thorow faith obtained good report, and received not the promise;  40God providing a better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.  

Yea God greatly favours the faith of those that look for HIS promise out of Sion:

Psalms 14:7
Oh that the saving health were given unto Israel out of Sion. Oh that the LORD would deliver his people out of captivity. Then should Jacob rejoice, and Israel should be right glad.

Psalms 20:2
Send thee help from the Sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Sion.

Psalms 50:2
Out of Sion appeareth the glorious beauty of God.

Psalms 53:6
Oh that the saving health were given unto Israel out of Sion: Oh that the Lord would deliver his people out of captivity. Then should Jacob rejoice, and Israel should be right glad.

Psalms 110:2
The LORD shall send the rod of thy power out of Sion, be thou ruler even in the middest among thine enemies.

Psalms 128:5
The LORD shall so bless thee out of Sion, that thou shalt see Jerusalem in prosperity all thy life long.

Psalms 134:3
The LORD that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Sion.

Psalms 135:21
Praised be the LORD out of Sion, which dwelleth at Jerusalem. Praise the everlasting.

Isaiah 2:1-5
1Moreover this was the word that was opened unto Esay the son of Amos, upon Juda and Jerusalem.   2It will be also in process of time: That the hill where the house of the LORD is builded, shall be the chief among the hills, and exalted above all little hills. And all the Heathen shall prease unto him. And the multitude of people shall go unto him,  3speaking thus one unto another: up, let us go to the hill of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob: that he may shew us his way, and that we may walk in his paths. For the law shall come out of Sion, and the word of God from Jerusalem,  4and shall give sentence among the Heathen, and shall reform the multitude of people: So that they shall break their swords and spears, to make scythes, sicles and saws thereof. From that time forth shall not one people lift up weapon against another, neither shall they learn to fight from thenceforth.   5It is to thee that I cry (O house of Jacob) up, let us walk in the light of the LORD.   

Jeremiah 3:14-15
14O ye shrinking children, turn again, sayeth the LORD: and I will be married with you. For I will take one out of the city, and two out of one generation from among you, and bring you out of Sion:  15and I will give you herdmen after mine own mind, which shall feed you with learning and wisdom.  

Joel 3:14-21
14In the valley appointed, there shall be many, many people: for the day of the LORD is nigh in the valley appointed.  15The sun and moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their light.  16The LORD shall roar out of Sion, a cry out of Jerusalem, that the heavens and the earth shall quake withal. But the LORD shall be a defense to his own people, and an refuge for the children of Israel.  17Thus shall ye know, that I the LORD your God dwell upon my holy mount of Sion. Then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers go thorow her any more.  18Then shall the mountains drop sweet wine, and the hills shall flow with milk. All the rivers of Juda shall have water enough, and out of the LORD's house, there shall flow a spring, to water the broke of Sitim:  19but Egypt shall be laid waste, and Edom shall be desolate: because they have dealt so cruelly with the children of Juda, and shed innocent blood in their land.  20Again, Juda shall be inhabited for evermore, and Jerusalem from generation to generation:  21for I will not leave their blood unavenged. And the LORD shall dwell in Sion. The end of the prophecy of Ioel.  

Amos 1:2-15
2And he said: The LORD shall roar out of Sion, and shew his voice from Jerusalem: so that the pastures of the shepherds shall be in a miserable case, and the top of Charmel dried up.  3Thus sayeth the LORD: for three and four wickednesses of Damascus, I will not spare her: because they have threshed Gilead with iron stales:  4But I will send a fire into the house of Hazael, the same shall consume the palaces of Benadab.  5Thus will I break the bars of Damascus, and root out the inhabiter from the field of Aven, and him that holdeth the scepter, out of the pleasant house: so that the people shall be driven out of fair Syria, sayeth the LORD.  6Thus sayeth the LORD: For three and four wickednesses of Gaza, I will not spare her: because they make the prisoners yet more captive, and have driven them into the land of Edom.  7Therefore will I send a fire in to the walls of Gaza, which shall devour her houses.  8I will root out them that dwell at Asdod, and him that holdeth the scepter of Ascalon, and stretch out mine hand over Accaron, that the remnant of the Philistines shall perish, sayeth the LORD.  9Thus sayeth the LORD: For three and four wickednesses of the city of Tire, I will not spare her: because they have increased the captivity of the Edomites, and have not remembered the brotherly covenant.  10Therefore will I send a fire into the walls of Tire, that shall consume her palaces.  11Thus sayeth the LORD: For three and four wickednesses of Edom, I will not spare him, because he persecuted his brother with the sword, destroyed his mother's womb, bare hatred very long, and so kept indignation alway by him.  12Therefore will I send a fire into Theman, which shall devour the palaces of Bosra.  13Thus sayeth the LORD: For three and four wickednesses of the children of Ammon, I will not spare them: because they ripped up the women great with child in Gilead, to make the borders of their lands the wider.  14Therefore I will kindle a fire in the walls of Rabbath, that shall consume her palaces: with a great cry, in the day of battle, in tempest and in the day of storm:  15So that their king shall go into captivity, he and his princes together, sayeth the LORD.  

Micah 4:1-4
1But in the latter days it will come to pass, that the hill of the LORD's house shall be set up higher than any mountains or hills: Yea the people shall prease unto it,  2and the multitude of the Gentiles shall haste them thither, saying: Come, let us go up to the hill of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob: that he may teach us his way, and that we may walk in his paths. For the law shall come out of Sion, and the word of God from Jerusalem;  3And shall give sentence among the multitude of the Heathen and reform the people of far countries: so that of their swords they shall make plowshares, and scythes of their spears. One people shall not lift up a sword against another, yea they shall no more learn to fight:  4but every man shall sit under his vineyard and under his fig tree, and no man to fray him away: for the mouth of the LORD of Hosts hath spoken it.  

Romans 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved. As it is written: There shall come out of Sion he that doth deliver, and shall turn away the ungodliness of Jacob.

Last edited by JAdmin on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: a new heaven, and a new earth Reply with quote

2 Peter 3:1-18
1This is the second pistel that I now write unto you, my dearly beloved, wherewith I stir up and warn your pure minds,  2to call to remembrance the words which were told before of the holy prophets, and also the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour.  3This first understand, that there shall come in the last days mockers ([in deceitfulness]) which will walk after their own lusts  4and say: Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers died all things continue in the same estate wherein they were at the beginning.   5This they know not (and that willingly) how that the heavens a great while ago were, and the earth that was in the water, appeared up out of the water by the word of God:  6by the which things the world that then was perished overflowen with the flood.  7But the heavens verily and earth which are now, are kept by the same word in store, and reserved unto fire, against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.   8Dearly beloved be not ignorant of this one thing, how that one day is with the Lord, as a thousand year, and a thousand year as one day.  9The Lord is not slack to fulfil his promise as some men count slackness: but is patient to us ward and would have no man lost, but would receive all men to repentance.  10Nevertheless the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in the which day, the heavens shall perish with terrible noise, and the elements shall melt with heat, and the earth with the works that are therein shall burn.  11If all these things shall perish, what manner persons ought ye to be in holy conversation, and godliness:  12looking for, and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens shall perish with fire, and the elements shall be consumed with heat.  13Nevertheless we look for a new heaven, and a new earth, according to his promise, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  14Wherefore dearly beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot and undefiled:  15And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health, even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you,  16yea, almost in every pistel speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction.  17Ye therefore beloved seeing ye are warned; Beware lest ye be also plucked away with the error of the wicked, and own steadfastness:  18but grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, and saviour Jesus Christ. To whom be glory both now and for ever, Amen. Here endeth the second epistle of saint Peter  

Isaiah 65:1-25
1They shall seek me, that hitherto have not asked for me, they shall find me, that hitherto have not sought me. Then shall I say immediately to the people that never called upon my name: I am here, I am here.  2For thus long have I ever holden out my hands to an unfaithful people, that go not the right way, but after their own imaginations:  3To a people that is ever defying me to my face. They make their oblations in gardens, and their smoke upon altars of brick,  4they lurk among the graves, and lie in the dens all night. They eat swine flesh, and unclean broth is in their vessels.  5If thou comest nigh them, they say: touch me not, for I am holier than thou. All these men when I am angry, shall be turned to smoke and fire, that shall burn for ever.  6Behold, it is written before my face, and shall not be forgotten, but recompensed. I shall reward it them into their bosom:  7I mean your misdeeds, and the misdeeds of your fathers together (sayeth the LORD) which have made their smokes upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills: therefore will I measure their old deeds into their bosom again.  8Moreover thus sayeth the LORD: like as when one would gather holy grapes, men say unto him: break it not off, for it is holy: even so will I do also for my servants' sakes, that I will not destroy them all.  9But I will take a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah one, to take possession of my hill. My chosen shall possess these things, and my servants shall dwell there.  10Saron shall be a sheepfold, and the valley of Achor shall give the stalling for the cattle of my people, that fear me.  11But as for you, ye are they, that have forsake the LORD, and forgotten my holy hill. Ye have set up an altar to fortune, and given rich drink offerings unto treasure.  12Therefore will I number you with the sword, that ye shall be destroyed all together. For when I called, no man gave me answer: when I spake, ye hearkened not unto me, but did wickedness before mine eyes, and chose the thing that pleased me not.  13Therefore thus sayeth the Lord GOD: Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall have hunger. Behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall suffer thirst. Behold, my servants shall be merry, but ye shall be confounded.  14Behold, my servants shall rejoice for very quietness of heart: But ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and complain for vexation of mind.  15Your name shall not be sworn by among my chosen, for GOD the Lord shall slay you, and call his servants by another name.  16Whoso rejoiceth upon earth, shall rejoice in the true God: And whoso sweareth upon earth, shall swear in the true God. For the old enmity shall be forgotten, and taken away out of my sight.  17For lo, I shall make a new heaven, and a new earth. And as for the old, they shall never be thought upon, nor kept in mind:  18but men shall be glad and evermore rejoice, for the things, that I shall do. For why: Behold, I shall make a joyful Jerusalem,  19yea I myself will rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad with my people: And the voice of weeping and wailing shall not be heard in her from thence forth.  20There shall never be child nor old man, that have not their full days. But when the child cometh to an hundredth year old, it shall die. And if he that is an hundredth year of age do wrong, he shall be cursed.  21They shall build houses, and dwell in them: they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.  22They shall not build, and another possess: they shall not plant, and another eat: But the life of my people shall be like a tree, and so shall the work of their hands.  23My chosen shall live long, they shall not labour in vain, nor beget with trouble: for they are the high blessed seed of the LORD, and their fruits with them.  24And it shall be, that or ever they call, I shall answer them. While they are yet but thinking how to speak, I shall hear them.  25The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat hay like the bullock. But earth shall be the serpent's meat. There shall no man hurt nor slay another, in all my holy hill, sayeth the LORD.  

Isaiah 66:1-24
1Thus sayeth the LORD: Heaven is my seat, and the earth is my footstool. Where shall now the house stand, that ye build unto me? And where shall be the place, that I will dwell in?  2As for these things, my hand hath made them all, and they are all created, sayeth the LORD. Which of them shall I then regard? Even him that is of a lowly troubled spirit, and standeth in awe of my works.  3For who so slayeth an ox for me, doth me so great dishonour, as he that killeth a man. He that killeth a sheep for me, choketh a dog. He that bringeth me meat offerings, offereth swine's blood: Who so maketh me a memorial of incense, praiseth the thing that is unright. Yet take they such ways in hand, and their soul delighteth in these abominations.  4Therefore will I also have pleasure in laughing them to scorn, and the thing that they fear, will I bring upon them. For when I called no man gave answer: when I spake, they would not hear: But did wickedness before mine eyes, and chose the things that displease me.  5Hear the word of God all ye, that fear the thing which he speaketh. Your brethren that hate you, and cast you out for my name's sake, say: Let the LORD magnify himself, that we may see your gladness: and yet they shall be confounded.  6For as touching the city and the temple, I hear the voice of the LORD, that will reward, and recompense his enemies:  7like as when a wife bringeth forth a man child, or ever she suffer the pain of the birth and anguish of the travail.  8Who ever heard or saw such things? doth the ground bear in one day? or are the people born all at once, as Sion beareth her sons?  9For thus sayeth the LORD: Am I he that maketh other to bear, and bear not myself? Am not I he that beareth, and maketh barren? sayeth thy God.  10Rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her. Be joyful with her, all ye that mourned for her.  11For ye shall suck comfort out of her breasts, and be satisfied. Ye shall taste, and have delight in the plenteousness of her power.  12For thus sayeth the LORD: behold, I will let peace into her, like a water flood, and the might of the Heathen like a flowing stream. Then shall ye suck, ye shall be born upon her sides, and be joyful upon her knees.  13For like as a child is comforted of his mother, so shall I comfort you, and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.  14And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb. Thus shall the hand of the LORD be known among his servants, and his indignation among his enemies.  15For behold, the LORD shall come with fire, and his chariot shall be like a whirlwind, that he may recompense his vengeance in his wrath, and his indignation with the flame of fire.  16For the LORD shall judge all flesh with the fire and with his sword, and there shall be a great number slain of the LORD.  17Such as have made themselves holy and clean in the gardens, and those that have eaten swine's flesh, mice, and other abominations, shall be taken away together, sayeth the LORD.  18For I will come to gather all people and tongues with their works and imaginations: these shall come, and see my glory.  19Unto them shall I give a token, and send certain of them (that be delivered) among the Gentiles: into Celicia, Africa and Lidia (where men can handle bows) into Italy also and Greekland. The isles far off, that have not heard speak of me, and have not seen my glory, shall preach my praise among the Gentiles  20and shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD, out of all people, upon horses, chariots and horse litters, upon Mules and carts to Jerusalem my holy hill (sayeth the LORD) like as the children of Israel bring the offering in clean vessels, to the house of the LORD.  21And I shall take out certain of them for to be priests and levites, sayeth the LORD.  22For like as the new heaven and the new earth which I will make, shall be fast established by me: (sayeth the LORD) So shall your seed and your name continue,  23and there shall be a new Moon for the other, and a new Sabbath for the other, and all flesh shall come to worship before me (sayeth the LORD.)  24And they shall go forth and look upon the carrions of them that have transgressed against me. For their worms shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched, and all flesh shall abhor them. The end of the book of the Prophete Esai.  

Revelation 21:1-27
1And I saw a new heaven, and a new earth. For the first heaven, and the first earth, were vanished away, and there was no more sea.  2And I John saw that holy city new Jerusalem come down from God out of heaven prepared as a bride garnished for her husband.  3And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them. And they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them and be their God.  4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, neither crying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the old things are gone.  5And he that sat upon the seat, said: Behold I make all things new. And he said unto me: write, for these words are faithful and true.  6And he said unto me: it is done I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning, and the end. I will give to him that is a thirst of the well of the water of life free.  7He that overcometh shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.  8But the fearful and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.  9And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues: and talked with me saying: come hither I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.  10And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and an high mountain, and he shewed me the great city, holy Jerusalem descending out of heaven from God,  11having the brightness of God. And her shining was like unto a stone most precious, even a Jasper clear as Crystal:  12and had walls great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels: and names written, which are the twelve tribes of Israel:  13on the east part three gates, and on the north side three gates, and towards the south three gates, and from the west three gates:  14and the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the Lamb's twelve apostles.  15And he that talked with me, had a golden reed to measure the city withal and the gates thereof and the wall thereof.  16And the city was built four square, and the length was as large as the breadth of it, and he measured the city with the reed twelve thousand furlongs: and the length, and the breadth, and the height of it, were equal.  17And he measured the wall thereof an hundred forty four cubits: the measure that the angel had was after the measure that man useth.  18And the building of the wall of it was of jasper. And the city was pure gold like unto clear glass  19and the foundations of the wall of the city was garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third a chalcedony, the fourth an emerald:  20the fifth sardonyx: the sixth sardeos: the seventh chrysolite: the eighth berall: the ninth a topas: the tenth a chrysoprasus: the eleventh a hyacinth: the twelfth an amethyst.  21The twelve gates were twelve pearls, every gate was of one pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, as thorow shining glass.  22And there was no temple therein. For the Lord God almighty and the lamb are the temple of it.  23And the city hath no need of the sun neither of the moon to lighten it. For the brightness of God did light it: and the lamb was the light of it.  24And the people which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory ([and honour]) unto it.  25And the gates of it are not shut by day. For there shall be no night there.  26[And in to it shall they bring the glory and honour of the nations]  27And there shall enter into it none unclean thing: neither whatsoever worketh abomination: or maketh lies: but they only which are written in the Lamb's book of life.  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: