DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy a Sword

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Buy a Sword Reply with quote

Jesus said "whoever has no sword , let him sell his garment, and buy one".
Perhaps I can help you to understand the real meaning of his words;
Luke 22:36And he said to them:But now he that hath a wallet let him take it, and likewise his scrip. And he that hath no 3162 sword, let him sell his coat and 59 buy one.
3162 μαχαιρα A knife, dagger, short sword, used for killing animals and cutting up flesh
59 αγοραζο redeem and
1805 εξαγοραζω To buy back, redeem.

Just as Isaiah said "buy without a price" you must sell all that you have and buy "the helmet of salvation and sword of Spirit" if you wish to hear the "Word of God". Else how can you "buy that which is without a price"??
Isa 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

The idea of " by selling that garment" it was to getting rid of your "covering of violence" which is what Jesus taught by "turning the other cheek" and "recompense no man evil for evil".
Mal 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

Mt 19:21 f Jesus said unto him: if thou wilt be perfect, go and sell (all) that thou hast, and give it to the poor, and thou shalt have
treasure in heaven, and come and follow me:

So you see this is the real meaning of Matthew!
Eph 5:15Take heed
therefore how accurately that ye walk : not as fools:t but as wise, 5:16 redeeming(buying) (1805) the time: for the days are evil: 5:17wherefore, be ye not unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is, 5:18and be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess: but be fulfilled with the spirit, 5:19speaking unto yourselves in psalms, and hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and playing to the Lord in your hearts, 5:20giving thanks always on behalf of all to the God and Father in the name of our Lord Jesu Christ :
1805 εξαγοραζομενοι To buying back, redeeming

6:13For this cause take unto you
the armour of God, that ye may be able to
stand in the evil day, and to stand perfect
in all things. 6:14Stand therefore and your
loins gird about with verity, having put on the
breastplate of righteousness, 6:15and shod
with shoes prepared by the gospel of peace.
6:16Above all take to you the shield of faith,
wherewith ye may quench all the fiery darts
of the evil one. 6:17And take the helmet of
salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which
is a word of God,

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
1Ch 25:5 All these were the sons of HEMAN, THE KING'S SEER IN THE WORDS OF GOD
JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Buy a Sword Reply with quote

Then said Jesus unto him: Put up thy sword into his sheath. For all they that lay hands on the sword, shall perish with the sword. -Mt 26:52

martyr William Tyndale NT translation from the original tongues wrote:
? And unto the angel of the congregation which is in Laodicia write: This saith (amen) the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creatures of God. I know thy works that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou were cold or hot. So then because thou art between both, and nether cold ner hot, I will spew thee out of my mought: because thou sayst thou art rich and increased with goods, and hast need of nothing, and knowest not how thou art wretched and miserable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayst be rich: and white raiment, that thou mayst be clothed, that thy filthy nakedness do not appear: and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayst see.
? As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Be fervent therefore and repent. Behold I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in unto him and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my seat, even as I overcame and have sitten with my father, in his seat. Let him that hath ears, hear what the spirit saith unto the congregations.
Revelation 3:14-22

Code:
Come to the waters all ye, that be thirsty, and ye that have no money. Come, buy, that ye may have to eat. Come, buy wine and milk, without any money, or money worth. -Isa 55:1

Code:
Blessed are they which hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall be filled. -Mt 5:6

Quote:
2Sa 22:31 The way of God is undefiled, <|perfect|> and the word of the LORD fined as gold, and he a shield to all that trust in him. <|yea, words of the LORD are tried in the fire: he is a shield for all them that put their trust in him|>
2Sa 22:32 Who is a God save the LORD, and who mighty save our God?

He that leadeth into captivity, shall go into captivity: he that killeth with a sword, must be killed with a sword. Here is the patience, and the faith <fayght> of the saints. <saynctes> -Re 13:10

Quote:
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the armour of God, that ye may stand steadfast against the crafty assaults of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood: but against rule, against power, <|[namely]|> and against worldly rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in <for> heavenly things. <|under the heaven|>
Eph 6:13 For this cause take unto you the armour of God, that ye may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand perfect in all things.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore and your loins gird about with verity, <|trueth|> having on the breastplate of righteousness,
Eph 6:15 and shod with shoes prepared by the gospel <gospell> of peace.
Eph 6:16 Above all take to you the shield of faith, wherewith ye may quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of health, <salvation> and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God,
Eph 6:18 and pray always with all manner prayer and supplication: and that in the spirit: and watch thereunto with all instance and supplication for all saints,
Eph 6:19 and for me, that utterance <|the word|> may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth <mought> boldly, to utter the secrets of the gospel, <gospell>
Eph 6:20 whereof I am a messenger in bonds, that therein I may speak freely, as it becometh me to speak.

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: be not naked Reply with quote

2 Cor 4:9 We are persecuted: but are not forsaken. We are cast down: but not being destroyed. 4:10 And we always bear in our bodies the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus might be manifested in our bodies. 4:11 For we which live, are always delivered unto death because of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be manifested in our mortal flesh. 4:12 So then death worketh in us, and life in you. 4:13 having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written (I believed and therefore I spoke) we also believe, and therefore we speak. 4:14 For we know that he which raised up the Lord Jesus, shall raise up us also with Jesus, and will present us with you, 4:15 for all things I do for your account, that the abundant favor by thanksgiving of many, may abound to the glory of God.
4:16 Wherefore we are not tired, but though our outward man be utterly destroyed, yet we are renewed day by day on the inside. 4:17 For our exceeding tribulation works out, which is a momentary lightness, according to an abundant, and eternal burden of glory unto us, 4:18while we look not on the things which are seen, but on the things which are not seen. For things which are seen, are short-lived: but things which are not seen are eternal. 5:1 We perceive that if our earthy house wherein we now dwell were destroyed, that we have a building from God, a house not made with hands but eternal in heavens: 5:2 And herefore groan we, desiring to be clothed with our abode which is from heaven: 5:1t if indeed also earnestly desiring to be clothed, and not be found naked.
5:4 For those being in this tabernacle, indeed we groan and are burdened: for we would not wish to be unclothed: but to be clothed, that the mortal might be swallowed up by life.

5:5 He that hath worked out for us this same, is God: hath given unto us the down payment of the spirit. 5:6 v We are alway confident, and knowing that dwelling at home in the body we are abroad from the Lord. Note: (Abroad = "Wide of the Mark")
5:7 For we walk by belief and not by sight. 5:8 Nevertheless we are confident, and well pleased to be abroad from the body and to dwell at home with the Lord. 5:9 Wherefore we strive earnestly, whether we be at home or whether we be abroad, to be well pleasing to him. 5:10 For it is necessary for all to appear before the judical platform of Christ that each one may receive the things of the body according to what was practised, whether good or bad?

5:11 Knowing then the fear of the Lord, we persude men. For we have been manifested unto God. I hope also that we are manifested in your consciences. 5:12 We praise not ourselves again unto you,
but give you an opportunity to boasting of us, that ye may have somewhat against them, which boast in appearance , and not in the heart. 5:13 For even if we change to God or whether we be of sound mind it is for you: 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us, becausei we thus judge, if one died on behalf of all, that then they all died, 5:15 and that he died for all, because that they which live, should
not henceforth live more unto themselves: but unto him which died for them and was raised up. 5:16 know we now no one after the flesh. though we have known Christ after the
flesh, now know we him so no more. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things are passed away, lo have become new. 5:18 All things are from God, which hath reconciled us unto himself through Christ, and hath given unto us the service of the reconciled. 5:19 Namely that God was in Christ, and made agreement between the world and him self, and considered not their offenses unto them: and hath placed in us the word of the reconciliation.
5:20 Now then we are ambassadors on behalf of Christ through God appealing to you: We pray on behalf of Christ, that ye be reconciled to God: 5:21for he hath made him to be sin for us, which knew no sin, that we by his means should be that righteousness which before God is allowed. 6:1 We as helpers therefore exhort you, that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 6:2 For he saith: I have heard thee in a time accepted: and in the day of Salvation, have I helped thee. Behold now is that well accepted time: behold now is the day of Salvation.

1Ch 15:19 So the singers, Heman, Asaph, and Ethan, were appointed to sound with cymbals of brass;
JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about you recently..

How is your daughter doing?

heman
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: daughter Reply with quote

My daughter is putting on new clothes and throwing away the old.

By the grace of God through our blessed Jesu, who has given her the opportunity of favor!

She is still in the hospital for another 3 weeks and then for another month on therapy.

She thanks you for your prayers!

JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: lively daughter Reply with quote

Please tell her i said to be likewise thankful for her cover of prayer onely in Jesu Christ our clothing!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: