DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

to the grave with "hell" imaginations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The martyrs wrote:
Beware lest any man come and spoil you thorow philosophy and deceitful vanity, thorow the traditions of men, and ordinances after the world, and not after Christ.
For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and ye are full <complete> in him, which is the head of all rule and power, in whom also ye are circumcised with circumcision made without hands, by putting off the sinful body off the flesh, thorow the circumcision that is in Christ, in that ye are buried with him thorow baptism, in whom ye are also risen again thorow faith, that is wrought by the operation of God which raised him from death.
And hath with him quickened you also which were dead in sin in the uncircumcision of your flesh, and hath forgiven our trespasses, <And ye which were dead in sin through the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened with him and hath forgiven us all our trespasses> and hath put out the obligation <handwriting> that was against us, made <contained> in the law written, and that hath he taken out of the way, and hath fastened it on <to> his cross, and hath spoiled rule and power, and hath made a shew of them openly, and hath triumphed over them in his own person.
Colossians 2:8-15

For Your Information

Hebrew O.T. Sheol appears at:

Quote:
Genesis 37:35
Then came all his sons and all his daughters to comfort him. And he would not be comforted, but said: I will go down into the grave unto my son, mourning. And thus his father wept for him.

Genesis 42:38
And he said: my son shall not go down with you. For his brother is dead, and he is left alone. Moreover some misfortune might happen upon him by the way which ye go. And so should ye bring my gray head with sorrow unto the grave.

Genesis 44:29
If ye shall take this also away from me and some misfortune happen upon him, then shall ye bring my gray head with sorrow unto the grave.

Genesis 44:31
then as soon as he seeth that the lad is not come, he will die. So shall we thy servants bring the gray head of thy servant our father with sorrow unto the grave.

Numbers 16:30
But and if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth and swallow them and all that pertain unto them, so that they go down quick in to hell: then ye shall understand, that these men have railed upon the LORD.

Numbers 16:33
And they and all that pertained unto them, went down alive unto hell, and the earth closed upon them, and they perished from among the congregation.

Deuteronomy 32:22
For fire is kindled in my wrath, and shall burn unto the bottom of hell. And shall consume the earth with her increase, and set afire the bottoms of the mountains.

1 Samuel 2:6
The LORD killeth and maketh alive, bringeth down to hell and fetcheth up again.

2 Samuel 22:6
The cords of hell have compassed me about, and the snares of death have overtaken me.

1 Kings 2:6
Deal with him therefore according to thy wisdom and see that thou bring not his hoar head down to the grave in peace.

1 Kings 2:9
But pardon thou him not. Thou art a man of wisdom and shalt know what to do to him, see therefore that thou bring his hoar head to the grave with blood.

Job 7:9
For if thou fasten thine eyes upon me, I come to naught like as a cloud is consumed and vanisheth away, even so he that goeth down to hell, cometh no more up,

Job 11:8
He is higher than heaven, what wilt thou do? Deeper than hell, how wilt thou then know him?

Job 14:13
O that thou wouldest keep me, and hide me in the hell, until thy wrath were stilled: and to appoint me a time, wherein thou mightest remember me.

Job 17:16
All that I have, shall go down into the pit, and lie with me in the dust.

Job 21:13
They spend their days in wealthiness: but suddenly they go down to hell.

Job 24:19
O that they (for the wickedness which they have done) were drawn to the hell, sooner than snow melteth at the heat.

Job 26:6
yea and all they which dwell beneath in the hell are not hid from him, and the very destruction it self can not be kept out of his sight.

Psalms 6:5
For in death no man remembereth thee: Oh who will give thee thanks in the hell?

Psalms 9:17
The wicked must be turned unto hell, and all the Heathen that forget God.

Psalms 16:10
For why? thou shalt not leave my soul in hell, neither shalt thou suffer thy saint to see corruption.

Psalms 18:5
The pains of hell came about me, the snares of death took hold upon me.

Psalms 30:3
Thou LORD hast brought my soul out of hell: thou hast kept my life, where as they go down to the pit.

Psalms 31:17
Let me not be confounded, O LORD, for I call upon thee: let the ungodly rather be put to confusion, and brought unto the hell.

Psalms 49:14
They lie in the hell like sheep, death shall gnaw upon them, and the righteous shall have domination of them in the morning by times, their strength shall consume, and hell shall be their dwelling.

Psalms 49:15
But God shall deliver my soul from the power of hell, when he receiveth me. Selah.

Psalms 55:15
Let death come hastily upon them, and let them go down quick into hell, for wickedness is among them in their dwellings.

Psalms 86:13
For great is thy mercy toward me, thou hast delivered my soul from the nethermost hell.

Psalms 88:3
For my soul is full of trouble, and my life draweth nigh unto hell.

Psalms 89:48
What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? May a man deliver his own soul from the hand of hell? Selah.

Psalms 116:3
The snares of death compassed me round about, the pains of hell gat hold upon me,

Psalms 139:8
If I climb up into heaven, thou art there: if I go down to hell, thou art there also.

Psalms 141:7
Our bones lie scattered before the pit, like as when one graveth and diggeth up the ground.

Proverbs 1:12
Let us swallow them up like the hell, let us devour them quick and whole, as those that go down into the pit.

Proverbs 5:5
Her feet go down unto death, and her steps pierce thorow unto hell.

Proverbs 7:27
Her houses is the way to hell, where men go down into the chambers of death.

Proverbs 9:18
But they consider not that death is there, and that her guests go down to hell.

Proverbs 15:11
The hell with her pain is known to the LORD, how much more then the hearts of men?

Proverbs 15:24
The way of life leadeth unto heaven, that a man should beware of hell beneath.

Proverbs 23:14
Thou smitest him with the rod, but thou deliverest his soul from hell.

Proverbs 27:20
Like as hell and destruction are never full, even so the eyes of men can never be satisfied.

Proverbs 30:16
There be three things that are never satisfied, and the fourth sayeth never hoo. The hell, a woman's womb, and the earth hath never water enough. As for fire, it sayeth never, hoo.

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatsoever thou takest in hand to do, that do with all thy power: for among the dead, where thou goest unto, there is neither work, counsel, knowledge nor wisdom.

Song of Songs 8:10
If I be a wall, and my breasts like towers, then am I as one that hath found favour in his sight.

Isaiah 5:14
Therefore gapeth hell, and openeth her mouth marvelous wide: that pride boasting and wisdom, with such as rejoice therein, may descend into it.

Isaiah 14:9
Hell also trembleth at thy coming, all mighty men and princes of the earth, step forth before thee. All kings of the earth stand up from their seats,

Isaiah 14:11
Thy pomp and thy pride is gone down to hell: Moths shall be laid under thee, and worms shall be thy covering.

Isaiah 14:15
Yet dare I lay, that thou shalt be brought down to the deep of hell.

Isaiah 28:15
For ye comfort yourselves thus: Tush, death and we are at point, and as for hell, we have made a condition with it, that though there break out any sore plague, it shall not come upon us. For with deceit will we escape, and with nimbleness will we defend ourselves.

Isaiah 28:18
Thus the appointment that ye have made with death, shall be done away: and the condition that ye made with hell, shall not stand. When the great destruction goeth thorow, it shall all to tread you. It shall take you quite away before it.

Isaiah 38:10
I thought I should have gone to the gates of hell in my best age, and have wanted the residue of my years.

Isaiah 38:18
For hell praiseth not thee, death doth not magnify thee. They that go down into the grave, praise not thy truth:

Isaiah 57:9
Thou wentest straight to kings with oil and divers ointments (that is) thou hast sent thy messengers far off, and yet art thou fallen into the pit thereby.

Ezekiel 31:15-17
15Moreover, thus sayeth the Lord GOD: In the day when he goeth down to the grave, I will cause a lamentation to be made, I will cover the deep upon him, I will staunch his floods, and the great waters shall be restrained. I shall cause Libanus to be sorrowful for his sake, and all the trees of the field shall be smitten.  16I will make the Heathen shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell, with them that descend into the pit. All the trees of Eden, with all the chosen and best trees of Libanus, yea and all they that are planted upon the waters, shall mourn with him also in the lower habitations:  17for they shall go down to hell with him, unto them that be slain with the sword, which dwelt afore under the shadow of his arm among the Heathen.  

Ezekiel 32:21
The mighty worthies and his helpers, that be gone down and lie with the uncircumcised and with them that be slain with the sword: shall speak to him out of the hell.

Ezekiel 32:27
Should not they then lie also among the worthies, and uncircumcised Giants? which with their weapons are gone down to hell: whose swords are laid under their heads, whose wickedness is upon their bones: because that as worthies, they have brought fear in to the land of the living:

Hosea 13:14
had not I defended him from the grave, and delivered him from death. O death, I will be thy death: O hell, I will be thy sting.

Amos 9:2
Though they were buried in the hell, my hand shall fetch them from thence: though they climb up to heaven, yet shall I cast them down:

Jonah 2:2
And he said: in my tribulation I called unto the LORD, and he answered me: out of the belly of hell I cried, and thou heardest my voice.

Habakkuk 2:5
Like as the wine deceiveth the drunkard, even so the proud shall fail and not endure. He openeth his desire wide up as the hell, and is as unsatiable as death. All Heathen gathereth he to him, and heapeth unto him all people.

Greek N.T. Hades at:
Quote:
Matthew 11:23
And thou Capernaum, which art lift up unto heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. For if the miracles which have been done in thee, had been shewed in Sodom, they had remained to this day.

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter. And upon this rock I will build my congregation: and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Luke 10:15
And thou Capernaum which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell;

Luke 16:22
And it fortuned that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: The rich man also died, and was buried in hell.

Acts 2:27
because thou shalt not leave my soul in hell, neither shalt suffer thy saint to see corruption.

Acts 2:31
He saw before, and spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul should not be left in hell: neither his flesh should see corruption.

1 Corinthians 15:55
Death where is thy sting? Hell where is thy victory?

Revelation 1:18
and am alive, and was dead. And behold I am alive for evermore, and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 6:8
And I looked. And behold a green horse, and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed after him, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, that cometh of vermin of the earth.

Revelation 20:13-14
13and the sea gave up her dead, which were in her, and death and hell delivered up the dead, which were in them: and they were judged every man according to his deeds.  14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is that second death.  

Geheena at:
Quote:
Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of judgement. Whosoever shall say unto his brother raca, shall be in danger of a council. But whosoever say unto his brother thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 5:29
Wherefore if thy right eye offend thee, pluck him out, and cast him from thee. Better it is for thee that one of thy members perish than that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 5:30
Also if thy right hand offend thee, cut him off and cast him from thee. Better it is that one of thy members perish, than that all thy body should, be cast in to hell.

Matthew 10:28
And fear ye not them which kill the body, and be not able to kill the soul. But rather fear him, which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 18:9
And if also thine eye offend thee, pluck him out and cast him from thee. It is better for thee, to enter in to life with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hellfire.

Matthew 23:15
Woe be unto you scribes and pharisees hypocrites, for ye compass sea and land, to bring one into your belief: and when ye have brought him ye make him two fold more the child of hell, than ye yourselves are.

Matthew 23:33
ye serpents and generation of vipers, how shall ye scape the damnation of hell?

Luke 12:5
I will shew you, whom ye shall fear. Fear him which after he hath killed, hath power to cast into hell. Yea I say unto you, him fear.

Mark 9:43-48
43And if thy hand offend thee, cut him off. It is better for thee, to enter into life maimed, than to go, with two hands into hell, into fire that never shall be quenched,  44where their worm dieth not, and the fire never goeth out.  45And if thy foot offend thee, cut him off. It is better for thee to go halt into life, than with two feet to be cast into hell, into fire that never shall be quenched:  46where their worm dieth not, and the fire never goeth out?  47And if thine eye offend thee pluck him out. It is better for thee to go into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:  48where their worm dieth not, and the fire never goeth out.  

James 3:6
and the tongue is fire, and a world of wickedness. So is the tongue set among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth a fire all that we have of nature, and is itself set afire, even of hell.

Tartarus at
Quote:
2 Peter 2:4
For if God spared not the angels that sinned but cast them down into hell, and put them in chains of darkness ([to be punished]) there to be kept unto judgement:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Original Tongues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: