DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aramaic New Testament

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Davar 3.0 development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Aramaic New Testament Reply with quote

(click View > Encoding > Unicode (UT-8) in Internet Explorer to see my text properly...)

Is it true that Davar 3.0 will be in Unicode?
If so, could you had Syriac as another searchable language, like Hebrew, Greek and Latin?

Here is a site with the Peshitto Western Aramaic New Testament in Unicode:

http://www.peshitta.net/peshitta/syriac1905/matthew.php

Please tell me your thoughts.

.????

.??????
JoPl
DAVAR programmer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatelly no. I don't plan unicode.

bereshit

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Aramaic New Testament Reply with quote

??? wrote:
Is it true that Davar 3.0 will be in Unicode?
If so, could you had Syriac as another searchable language, like Hebrew, Greek and Latin?

Here is a site with the Peshitto Western Aramaic New Testament in Unicode: www.peshitta.net/peshitta/syriac1905/matthew.php

Please tell me your thoughts.

If I may... my thoughts are that there is no Aramaic NT at the link you posted, I could find only English translation, which is not very interesting without source text.

At www.peshitta.org you can find interlinear Aramic-English Peshitta NT (Gospels and Acts). This is eastern text, to look at the western is just a mistake in my opinion.

John Marucci has the whole Peshitta text at: www.peshitta.org/beth-sapra/projects.html

I wonder if it is possible to include Peshitta in Davar in future? Maybe it doesn't require Unicode? Or maybe there is a way to input and shot it now even now, without any big changes in the program (?).

There is a version of NT Peshitta for Palm in Hebrew characters. It is a module of a free "Bible +" Palm application. This was converted by Alexander Pruss and you can find it at: www.georgetown.edu/faculty/ap85/PalmBiblePlus.html

It would be nice if Peshitta could be coded somehow in Davar, if it was possible to search and see it in Estrangela font it would be just great.

Shalom,
Jurek

P.S. I know that this year Peshitta NT will be also included in the Bible Works program.
JAdmin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: peshitta module Reply with quote

Shalom

Included is the NT Peshitta in Hebrew characters for Davar3.
According to online bible the digital text is reproduced from the 1905 Syriac Peshitta New Testament, published by British and Foreign Bible Society [1920?].

psh.zip
 Description:
Syriac Peshitta New Testament

Download
 Filename:  psh.zip
 Filesize:  251.03 KB
 Downloaded:  907 Time(s)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> Davar 3.0 development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: