DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Commandments of Christ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: The Commandments of Christ Reply with quote

Quote:
I. Hear Israel, our Lord God, is one Lord. And thou shalt love thy Lord God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength. Mr. 12:29-31, (De. 6:4-5, De. 11:13)
Unto us is there one God, which is the father, of whom are all things, and we in him: and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. 1Co. 8:6

II. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Mt. 5:4
Let the same mind be in you the which was in Christ Jesu:
Which being in the shape of God, and thought it not robbery to be equal with God.
Nevertheless he made himself of no reputation, and took on him the shape of a servant, and became like unto men, and was found in his apparel as a man.
He humbled himself and became obedient unto the death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God hath exalted him, and given him a name above all names: that in the name of Jesus should every knee bow, both of things in heaven, and things upon earth and things under earth, and that all tongues should confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord unto the praise of God the father.
Php. 2:5-11
(Romans 8:18-27)

III. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Mt. 5:3
Swear not at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's seat: nor yet by the earth, for it is his footstool: Neither by Jerusalem, for it is the city of that great King: neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one white hair, or black:
But your communication shall be, yea, yea: nay, nay.Mt. 5:33-37

IIII. The Sabbath day was made for man, <|man's sake|> and not man for the Sabbath day. <|not.. for the Sabbath's sake|> Mr. 2:27
The son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day. Lk. 6:5
It is lawful on the Sabbath days to do good, and to save life. Lk. 6:9
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy. For the temple of God is holy, which temple are ye. <ye are.> 1Co. 3:17
Be ye holy, for I AM holy. 1Pt. 1:16

V. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Mt. 5:5
Honour father and mother: and thou shalt love thine neighbor as thyself. Mt 19:19
Therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, even so do ye to them. This is the law and the prophets. Mt. 7:12
For the chief sum of the commandment is love that cometh of a pure heart and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned. 1Tm. 1:5
Bear ye one another's burden: and so fulfil the law of Christ. Ga. 6:2

VI. Blessed are they which hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall be filled. Mt 5:6
If your brother hath anything against thee, reconcile thyself to thy brother first before offering anything other to God.
Mt. 5:21-26
Faithfully rely on God to deliver and avenge, and that quickly at the coming of the son of man. Lk. 18:8 (Le. 19:18)

VII. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Mt 5:8
Whosoever eyeth <looketh on> a wife, lusting after her, hath committed advoutry with her already in his heart. Mt 5:28
Whosoever put away his wife, (except it be for fornication) causeth her to break matrimony. And whosoever marrieth her that is divorced, breaketh wedlock. Mt 5:32

VIII. Blessed are the maintainers of peace: <Blessed are the peacemakers,> for they shall be called the children of God. Mt 5:9
Withstand <resist> not wrong. But if a man <whosoever> give thee a blow on thy right cheek, turn to him the other.
If any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat from thee, let him have thy cloak also. Mt 5:39-40
Love your enemies. Bless them that curse you. Do good to them that hate you. Pray for them which do you wrong, and persecute you. Mt 5:44

IX. Blessed are they which suffer persecution for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall falsely say all manner of evil sayings against you for my sake. Rejoice, and be glad, for great is your reward in heaven. For so persecuted they the prophets which were before your days. Mt 5:10
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide aforehand things honest not only before God, but also honesty in the sight of all men. Rm. 12:17
It is better (if the will of God be so) that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. 2Pt. 3:17

X. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Mt 5:7
Expect your trespasses and debts to be forgiven by God if you also forgive them which trespass against you and are even in debt to you. Mt 6:12
And whosoever will compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh: and from him that would borrow turn not away. Mt 5:40
Let no man seek his own profit: but let every man seek his neighbors <seek another's> wealth.
1Co 10:24
Ye shall therefore be perfect, even as your heavenly father <which is in heaven> is perfect. Mt 5:48

Last edited by JAdmin on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Ezekiel 18:4-32 Reply with quote

Ezekiel 18:4-32
4Behold, all souls are mine. Like as the father is mine, so is the son mine also. The soul that sinneth, shall die.  5If a man be godly, and do the thing that is equal and right,  6he eateth not upon the hills: he lifteth not his eyes up to the Idols of Israel, he defileth not his neighbour's wife: he meddleth with no menstruous woman:  7he grieveth nobody: he giveth his debtor his pledge again, he raketh none other man's goods by violence: he parteth his mete with the hungry: he clotheth the naked:  8he lendeth nothing upon usury: he taketh nothing over: he withdraweth his hand from doing wrong: he handleth faithfully betwixt man and man:  9he walketh in my commandments, and keepeth my laws, and performeth them faithfully:) This is a righteous man, he shall surly live, sayeth the Lord GOD.   10If he now get a son, that is a murderer, a shedder of blood: if he do one of these things  11(though he do not all) he eateth upon the hills: he defileth his neighbour's wife:  12he grieveth the poor and needy: he robbeth and spoileth: he giveth not the debtor his pledge again, he lifteth up his eyes unto Idols, and meddle with abominable things:  13he lendeth upon usury, and taketh moreover. Shall this man live? He shall not live. Seeing he hath done all these abominations, he shall die: his blood shall be upon him.  14Now if this man get a son also, that seeth all his father's sins, which he hath done: and feareth, neither doth such like:  15Namely, he eateth not upon the mountains: he lifteth not his eyes up to the Idols of Israel: he defileth not his neighbour's wife:  16he vexeth no man: he keepeth no man's pledge, he neither spoileth, nor robbeth any man: he dealeth his meat with the hungry: he clotheth the naked:  17he opresseth not the poor: he receiveth no usury, nor anything over: he keepeth my laws, and walketh in my comandments: this man shall not die in his father's sin, but shall live without fail.  18As for his father: because he oppressed and spoiled his brother, and did wickedly among his people: Lo, he is dead in his own sin.  19And yet say ye: Wherefore then should not this son bear his father's sin? Therefore: because the son hath done equity and right, hath kept all my commandments, and done them: therefore, shall he live in deed.  20The same soul that sinneth, shall die. The son shall not bear the father's offense, neither shall the father bear the son's offence. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him self also.   21But if the ungodly will turn away from all his sins that he hath done, and keep all my comandments, and do the thing that is equal and right: doubtless he shall live, and not die.   22As for all his sins that he did before, they shall not be thought upon: but in his righteousness that he hath done, he shall live.   23For have I any pleasure in the death of a sinner? sayeth the Lord GOD: but rather that he convert and live.  24Again: If the righteous turn away from his righteousness, and do iniquity, according to all the abominations, that the wicked man doth, shall he live? All the righteousness that he hath done, shall not be thought upon: but in the fault that he offended withal and in the sin that he hath done, he shall die.   25And yet ye say: Tush, the way of the Lord is not indifferent. Hear therefore ye house of Israel: Is not my way right? Or, are not your ways rather wicked?  26When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and meddleth with ungodliness: he must die therein: Yea for the unrighteousness that he hath done, must he die.   27Again: when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness, that he hath done, and doth the thing which is equal and right: he shall save his soul alive.   28For in so much as he remembereth himself, and turneth him from all the ungodliness, that he had used, he shall live, and not die.   29And yet sayeth the house of Israel: Tush, the way of the Lord is not equal. Are my ways unright, O ye house of Israel: Are not your ways rather unequal?  30As for me, I will judge every man, according to his ways, O ye house of Israel, sayeth the Lord GOD. Wherefore be converted, and turn you clean from all your wickedness, so shall there no sin do you harm.  31Cast away from you all your ungodliness, that ye have done: make you new hearts and a new spirit. Wherefore will ye die, O ye house of Israel?  32seeing I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, sayeth the Lord GOD. Turn you then, and ye shall live.  

James 2:10-13
10Whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet fail in one point, he is guilty in all.  11For he that said: Thou shalt not commit fornication, said also: thou shalt not kill. Though thou shalt do no fornication, yet if thou kill, thou art a transgressor of the law.  12So speak ye, and so do as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.  13For there shall be judgement merciless to him that sheweth no mercy, and mercy rejoiceth against judgement:  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: against such there is no law Reply with quote

Galatians 5:19-23
19The deeds of the flesh are manifest, which are these, advoutry, fornication, uncleanness, wantonness,  20idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, lawing, zeal, wrath, strife, sedition, part takings,  21envying, murder, drunkenness, gluttony, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have told you in time past, that they which commit such things shall not be inheritors of the kingdom of God:  22but the fruit of the spirit is, love, joy, peace, longsuffering gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, temperancy:   23Against such there is no law.  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: