DAVAR
Hebrew Dictionary Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

God to gather "Jews?" or "Israel"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: God to gather "Jews?" or "Israel" Reply with quote

Israel was founded as a sovereign nation around 1948.

Many mention divers passages declaring a fulfilment of prophecy such as:

Leviticus 26:3-8
3If ye shall walk in mine ordinances and keep my commandments and do them,  4then I will send you rain in the right season and your land shall yield her increase and the trees of the field shall give their fruit.  5And the threshing shall reach unto wine harvest, and the wine harvest shall reach unto sowing time, and ye shall eat your bread in plenteousness, and shall dwell in your land peaceably.  6And I will send peace in your land, that ye shall sleep, and no man shall make you afraid. And I will rid evil beasts out of your land, and there shall no sword go thorowout your land.  7And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you upon the sword.  8And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight, and your enemies shall fall before you upon the sword.  

Deuteronomy 30:3-5
3Then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity and have compassion upon thee and go and fetch thee again from all the nations, among which the LORD thy God shall have scattered thee.  4Though thou wast cast unto the extreme parts of heaven: even from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee and from thence fetch thee  5and bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt enjoy it. And he will shew thee kindness and multiply thee above thy fathers.  

Amos 9:14-15
14and I will turn the captivity of my people of Israel: they shall repair the waste cities, and have them in possession: they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof: they shall make gardens, and enjoy the fruits of them.   15And I will plant them upon their own ground, so that I will never root them out again from their land which I have given them sayeth the LORD thy God. The end of the Prophecye of Amos.  

Ezekiel 4:3-6
3Moreover, take an iron pan, and set it betwixt thee and the city, instead of an iron wall. Then set thy face toward it, besiege it, and lay ordinance against it, to win it. This shall be a token unto the house of Israel.  4But thou shalt sleep upon thy left side, and lay the sin of the house of Israel upon thee. Certain days appointed, thou shalt sleep upon that side, and bear their sins.  5Nevertheless, I will appoint thee a time (to put out their sins) and the number of the days: Three hundredth and ninety days must thou bear the wickedness of the house of Israel.  6When thou hast fulfilled these days, lie down again, and sleep upon thy right side forty days, and bear the sins of the house of Judah. A day for a year, a day (I say) for a year will I ever lay upon thee.  

Ezekiel 34:13
I will bring them out from all people, and gather them together out of all lands, I will bring them into their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel, by the rivers, and in all the places of the country.

Ezekiel 37:10-14
10So I prophesied, as he had commanded me: then came the breath into them and they received life, and stood up upon their feet, a marvelous great sorte.  11Moreover, he said unto me: Thou son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say: Our bones are dried up, our hope is gone, we are clean cut off.  12Therefore prophesy thou, and speak unto them: thus sayeth the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves (O my people) and take you out of your sepulchers, and bring you into the land of Israel again.  13So shall ye know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and bring you out of them.  14My spirit also will I put in you, and ye shall live: I will set you again in your own land, and ye shall know, that I am the LORD which have said it, and fulfilled it in deed.  

Ezekiel 37:21-22
21and shalt say unto them: Thus sayeth the Lord GOD: behold, I will take away the children of Israel from among the Heathen, unto whom they be gone, and will gather them together on every side, and bring them again into their own land:  22Yea I will make one people of them in the land, upon the mountains of Israel, and they all shall have but one king. They shall no more be two peoples from hence forth, neither be devided in to two kingdoms:  

Isaiah 66:7-8
7like as when a wife bringeth forth a man child, or ever she suffer the pain of the birth and anguish of the travail.  8Who ever heard or saw such things? doth the ground bear in one day? or are the people born all at once, as Sion beareth her sons?  

Jeremiah 16:14-15
14Behold therefore (sayeth the LORD) the days are come, that it shall no more be said: The LORD liveth, which brought the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt:  15but it shall be said, the LORD liveth, that brought the children of Israel from the North, and from all lands where I had scattered them. For I will bring them again in to the land, that I gave unto their fathers.  

Jeremiah 31:10
Hear the word of the LORD, O ye Gentiles, preach in the Isles, that lie far off, and say: He that hath scattered Israel, shall gather him together again, and shall keep him as a shepherd doth his flock.

It's ironic that the above passages do not talk about "Jews" alone (or only those derived from the "Judea" kingdom), but rather speaks in general about "Israel" that includes the lost tribes obviously scattered to other nations.
Even though whatever people correlate with Scripture can be true to a degree, still utmost diligence must be taken not to limit prophecy to "private interpretation" or "worldly speculation".

Bears to mind:

Revelation 3:7-13
7And write unto the angel of Philadelphia: This sayth he that is holy and true, which hath the key of David: which openeth and no man shuteth, and shuteth and no man openeth.  8I know your works. Behold I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it, for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my sayings: and hast not denied my name.  9Behold. I make them of the congregation of Sathan, which call themselves jews and are not, but do lie. Behold. I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet: and shall know that I have loved thee.  10Because thou hast kept the words of my patience, I will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which will come upon all the world, to tempt them that dwell upon the earth.  11Behold I come shortly. Hold that which thou hast, that no man take away thy crown.  12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. And I will write upon him, the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God and I will write upon him my new name.  13Let him that hath ears, hear what the spirit saith unto the congregations.  

Romans 2:28-29
28For he is not a jew, which is a jew outward. Neither is that thing circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:  29But he is a Jew which is hid within, and the circumcision of the heart is the true circumcision, which is in the spirit, and not in the letter: whose praise is not of men but of God.  

Prophecy interprets itself as a holy whole:

Jeremiah 23:5
Behold, the time cometh, sayeth the LORD, that I will raise up the righteous Branch of David, which shall bear rule, and discuss matters with wisdom, and shall set up equity and righteousness again in the earth.

Jeremiah 30:21-24
21A captain also shall come of them, and a prince shall spring out from the middest of them: him will I challenge to myself, and he shall come unto me. For what is he, that giveth over his heart to come unto me? sayeth the LORD.  22Ye shall be my people also, and I will be your God.  23Behold, on the other side shall the wrath of the LORD break out as a stormy water, as a mighty whirl wind: and shall fall upon the heads of the ungodly.  24The terrible displeasure of the LORD shall not leave off, until he have done, and performed the intent of his heart, which in the latter days ye shall understand.  

Jeremiah 31:1-40
1At the same time (sayeth the LORD) shall I be the God of all the generations of Israel, and they shall be my people.  2Thus sayeth the LORD: The people of Israel which escaped in the wilderness from the sword, found grace to come in to their rest.  3Even so shall the LORD now also appear unto me from far, and say: I love thee with an everlasting love, therefore do I spread my mercy before thee.  4I will repair thee again (O thou daughter of Israel) that thou mayest be fast and sure. Thou shalt take thy tabrets again, and go forth with them, that lead the dance.  5Thou shalt plant vines again upon the hills of Samaria, and the grape gathers shall plant and sing.  6And when it is time, the watchmen upon the mount of Ephraim shall cry: Arise, let us go up unto Sion to our LORD God,  7for thus sayeth the LORD: Rejoice with gladness because of Jacob, cry unto the head of the Gentiles: speak out, sing, and say: the LORD shall deliver his people, the remnant of Israel, and make them whole.  8Behold, I will bring them again from out of the north land, and gather them from the ends of the world, with the blind and lame that are among them, with the women that be great with child, and such as be also delivered: and the company of them that come again, shall be great.  9They departed from hence in heaviness, but with joy will I bring them hither again. I will lead them by the rivers of water in a straight way, where they shall not stumble: For I will be Israel's father, and Ephraim shall be my firstborn.  10Hear the word of the LORD, O ye Gentiles, preach in the Isles, that lie far off, and say: He that hath scattered Israel, shall gather him together again, and shall keep him as a shepherd doth his flock.  11For the LORD shall redeem Jacob, and rid him from the hand of the violent.  12And they shall come, and rejoice upon the hill of Sion, and shall have plenteousness of goods, which the LORD shall give them: Namely, wheat, wine, oil, young sheep and calves. And their conscience shall be as a well watered garden, for they shall no more be hungry.  13Then shall the maid rejoice in the dance, yea both young and old folks. For I will turn their sorrow into gladness, and will comfort them and make them joyful, even from their hearts.  14I will pour plenteousness upon the hearts of the priests, and my people shall be satisfied with good things, sayeth the LORD.  15Thus sayeth the LORD: The voice of heaviness, weeping and lamentation came up in to heaven: even of Rachel mourning for her children, and would not be comforted, because they were away.  16But now sayeth the LORD: Leave off from weeping, and crying, withhold thine eyes from tears, for thy labour shall be rewarded, sayeth the LORD. And they shall come again out of the land of their enemies:  17Yea even thy posterity shall have consolation in this (sayeth the LORD) that thy children shall come again into their own land.  18Moreover I heard Ephraim, that was led away captive, complain on this manner: O LORD, thou hast corrected me, and thy chastening have I received, as an untamed calf. Convert thou me, and I shall be converted, for thou art my LORD God.  19Yea as soon as thou turnest me, I shall reform myself: and when I understand, I shall smite upon my thigh. For verily I have committed shameful things: O let my youth bear this reproof and confusion.  20Upon this complaint, I thought thus by my self: Is not Ephraim my dear son? Is he not the child, with whom I have had all mirth and pastime? for since the time that I first communed with him, I have him ever in remembrance: therefore my very heart driveth me unto him, gladly and lovingly will I have mercy upon him, sayeth the LORD.  21Get the watchman, provide teachers for thee: set thine heart upon the right way, that thou shouldest walk, and turn again (O thou daughter of Israel) turn again to these cities of thine.  22How long wilt thou go astray, O thou shrinking daughter? For the LORD will work a new thing upon earth: A woman shall compass a man.  23For thus sayeth the LORD of Hosts the God of Israel: It will come thereto, that when I have brought Juda out of captivity, these words shall be heard in the land and in his cities: The LORD, which is the fair bridegroom of righteousness, make thee fruitful O thou holy hill:  24And there shall dwell Juda, and all her cities, the shepherds and husbandmen:  25For I shall feed the hungry soul, and refresh all faint hearts.  26When I hear this I came again to myself, and mused, like as I had been waked out of a sweet sleep.  27Behold (sayeth the LORD) the days come, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Juda with men and with cattle.  28Yea it shall come thereto, that like as I have gone about in times past to root them out, to scatter them, to break them down, to destroy them and chasten them: Even so will I also go diligently about, to build them up again, and to plant them, sayeth the LORD.  29Then shall it no more be said: the fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge:  30for every one shall die for his own misdeed, so that who so eateth a sower grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.  31Behold, the days come (sayeth the LORD) that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:  32not after the covenant that I made with their fathers, when I took them by the hand, and led them out of the land of Egypt: which covenant they brake, wherefore I punished them sore, sayeth the LORD:  33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, sayeth the LORD: I will plant my law in the inward parts of them, and write it in their hearts, and will be their God, and they shall be my people.  34And from thence forth shall no man teach his neighbour or his brother, and say: Know the LORD: But they shall all know me, from the lowest unto the highest, sayeth the LORD. For I will forgive their misdeeds, and will never remember their sins any more.  35Thus sayeth the LORD which gave the sun to be a light for the day, and the moon and stars to shine in the night: which moveth the sea, so that the floods thereof wax fierce: his name is the LORD of Hosts.  36Like as this ordinance shall never be taken out of my sight, sayeth the LORD: So shall the seed of Israel never cease, but all way be a people before me.  37Moreover, thus sayeth the LORD: like as the heaven above can not be measured, and as the foundations of the earth beneath may not be sought out: So will I also not cast out the whole seed of Israel, for that they have committed, sayeth the LORD.  38Behold, the days come sayeth the LORD, that the city of the LORD shall be enlarged from the tower of Hananeel, unto the gate of the corner wall.  39From thence shall the right measure be taken before her unto the hill top of Gareb, and shall come about Gaath,  40and the whole valley of the dead carcasses, and of the ashes, and all Ceremoth unto the brook of Cedron: and from thence unto the corner of the horse gate toward the East, whereas the Sanctuary of the LORD also shall be set. And when it is now builded, and set up of this fashion it shall never be broken, nor cast down any more.  

It's fascinating that Paul himself (declaring to be from the tribe of Benjamin) in the New Testament book of Romans eloquently discerns this prophecy.

Romans 11
1I say then: hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For even I verily am an Israelite of the seed of Abraham, and of the tribe of Benjamin;  2God hath not cast away his people which he knew before. Other wot ye not what the scripture saith by the mouth of Helias, how he spake to God against Israel, saying:  3Lord they have killed thy prophets and digged down thine altars: and I am left only, and they seek my death.   4But what saith the answer of God to him again? I have reserved unto me seven thousand men which have not bowed their knees to baal.  5Even so at this time is there a remnant left thorow the election of grace.  6If it be of grace then is it not by the deserving of works. For then were favour no more favour. If it be by the deserving of works, then is there no favour. For then were deserving no deserving.  7What then? Israel hath not obtained that that he sought. No but yet the election hath obtained it. The remnant are blinded,  8according as it is written: God hath given them the spirit of unquietness: eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear, even unto this day.  9And David saith: Let their table be made a snare to take them withal, and an occasion to fall, and a reward unto them.  10Let their eyes be blinded that they see not: and ever bow down their backs.  11I say then: Have they therefore stumbled that they should but fall only? God forbid: but thorow their fall is health happened unto the gentiles for to provoke them withal.  12Wherefore if the fall of them, be the riches of the world: and the minishing of them the riches of the gentiles: How much more should it be so if they all believed.   13I speak to you gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the gentiles I will magnify mine office  14that might provoke them which are my flesh: and might save some of them.  15For if the casting away of them, be the reconciling of the world: what shall the receiving of them be, but life again from death?  16For if one piece be holy, the whole heap is holy. And if the root be holy, the branches are holy also.  17Though some of the branches be broken off, and thou being a wild olive tree art graft in among them, and made partaker of the root, and fatness of the olive tree,  18boast not thyself against the branches. For if thou boast thyself, remember that thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.  19Thou wilt say then: the branches are broken off, that I might be graft in.  20Thou sayest well: because of unbelief they are broken off, and thou standest steadfast in faith. Be not high minded, but fear:  21seeing that God spared not the natural branches, lest haply he also spare not thee.  22Behold the kindness and rigorousness of God: on them which fell, rigorousness: but towards thee kindness, if thou continue in his kindness. Or else thou shalt be hewn off,  23and they if they bide not still in unbelief shall be grafted in again. For God is of power to graft them in again.  24For if thou wast cut out of a natural wild olive tree, and wast graffed contrary to nature in a true olive tree: how much more shall the natural branches be graffed in their own olive tree again.  25I would not that this secret should be hid from you my brethren (lest ye should be wise in your own conceits) that partly blindness is happened in Israel, until the fullness of the gentiles be come in.  26And so all Israel shall be saved. As it is written: There shall come out of Sion he that doth deliver, and shall turn away the ungodliness of Jacob.  27And this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.  28As concerning the gospel; They are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are loved for the fathers' sakes.  29For verily the gifts and calling of God are such, that it cannot repent him of them,  30for look, as ye in time passed have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy thorow their unbelief:  31even so now have they not believed the mercy which is happened unto you; That they also may obtain mercy.  32God hath wrapped all nations in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all.  33O the deepness of the abundant wisdom and knowledge off God: how incomprehensible are his judgements, and his ways unsearchable.  34For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who was his counsellor?  35other who hath given unto him first, that he might be recompensed again?  36For of him, and thorow him, and unto him are all things. To him be glory forever Amen.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    DAVAR -> Forum Index -> WORD study All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: