[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - antichrist beast {unmasked}

antichrist beast {unmasked}

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

antichrist beast {unmasked}

Postby jadmin » Sun May 31, 2009 9:36 am

What many perceive by the word "antichrist" is likely due to religious smokescreens for conditioning people to support ungodly traditions or theories made up to hide the real identity of their beast organization of deception along with the worldwide whore system of falsehood with it's false prophit sham-e (a shameful prophet for confusing others to profit their sham!)
1 Timothy 6:1-5
1Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God, and his doctrine be not evil spoken of.  2See that they which have believing masters despise them not because they are brethren: but so much the rather do service, forasmuch as they are believing and beloved and partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.  3If any man teach otherwise, and is not content with the wholesome words of our Lord Jesu Christ, and with the doctrine of godliness,  4he is puffed up and knoweth nothing: but wasteth his brains about questions, and strife of words, whereof spring envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings  5superfluous disputings in scowls of men with corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, which think that lucre is godliness. From such separate thyself.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible
2 Thessalonians 2:4
which is an adversary, and is exalted above all that is called god, or that is worshipped: so that he shall sit in the temple of god, and shew himself as god.

From the word antichrist, "anti" means: Opposed to; against, contrary to: "Christ".. although biblically it also warns of an unholy spirit subtly being in place of the real thing, or a false replacement of the absolutely true Lord Jesu the Christ who came in pure flesh to save us into HIS holy body of God the most highest reality.
Isaiah 14:12-20
12How art thou fallen from heaven, (O Lucifer) thou fair morning child? hast thou gotten a fall even to the ground, thou that (notwithstanding) didst subdue the people?  13And yet thou thoughtest in thine heart: I will climb up into heaven, and make my seat above the stars of God, I will sit upon the glorious mount toward the North,  14I will climb up above the clouds, and will be like the highest of all.  15Yet dare I lay, that thou shalt be brought down to the deep of hell.  16They that see thee, shall narrowly look upon thee, and think in themselves, saying: Is this the man, that brought all lands in fear, and made the kingdoms afraid:  17Is this he that made the world in a manner waste, and laid the cities to the ground, which let not his prisoners go home?  18How happeneth it, that the kings of all people lie, every one at home in his own palace, with worship,  19and thou art cast out of thy grave like a wild branch: like as dead men's raiment that are shot thorow with the sword: as they that go down to the stones of the deep: as a dead corpse that is trodden under feet:  20and art not buried with them? Even because that thou hast wasted thy land, and destroyed thy people. For the generation of the wicked shall be without honour, forever.  

Saint John well warned:
1 John 2:15-19
15See that ye love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the father is not in him.  16For all that is in the world (as the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of goods) is not of the father: but of the world.  17And the world vanisheth away, and the lust thereof: but he that fulfilleth the will of God, abideth ever.  18Little children it is the last time, and as ye have heard how the antichrist shall come: even now are there many antichrists come already, whereby we know that it is the last time.  19They went out from us but they were not of us. For if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us. But that fortuned that it might appear, that they were not of us.  
IJohn 2:18

As did Saint Paul:
2 Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel, for Satan himself is changed into the fashion of an angel of light.

And Saint Peter clearly:
1 Peter 5:8-9
8Be sober and watch, for your adversary the devil as a roaring lion walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:  9whom resist steadfast in the faith, remembering that ye do but fulfil the same afflictions which are appointed to your brethren that are in the world.  

The Saints' faith speak of a very spiritual thing.
Ephesians 6:11-12
11Put on the armour of God, that ye may stand steadfast against the crafty assaults of the devil.  12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood: but against rule, against power, and against worldly rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly things.  

2 Thessalonians 2:3-6
3Let no man deceive you by any means, for the Lord cometh not, except there come a departing first, and that that sinful man be opened, the son of perdition  4which is an adversary, and is exalted above all that is called god, or that is worshipped: so that he shall sit in the temple of god, and shew himself as god.  5Remember ye not, that when I was yet with you, I told you these things?  6And now ye know what withholdeth: even that he might be uttered at his time.  

It is ironic that many articles online usually tend to focus on looking for a particular man, although in Revelation it instead speaks of a "beast" that usurps power over any "sinful man" (or as some translations have it as that "man of sin") as it does with deceptive manipulation over the temporal world. The point being that "man of sin" could refer to any human in it's sin nature controlled by the antichrist spirit of the devils.
Revelation 12:7-12
7And there was great battle in heaven, Michael and his angels fought with the dragon and the dragon fought and his angels,  8and prevailed not: neither was their place found any more in heaven.  9And the great dragon, that old serpent called the devil and Sathanas; Was cast out. Which deceiveth all the world. And he was cast into the earth, and his angels were cast out also.  10And I heard a loud voice saying: in heaven is now made health and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: For he is cast down which accused them before God day and night:  11And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death.  12Therefore rejoice heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth, and of the sea: for the devil is come down unto you which hath great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.  

The book of Revelation does not use the word "antichrist" per say as a descriptor and "does not limit anything to an only antichrist man "alone", but rather warns of a beast "body of devils" influencing the souls of "sinfully fallen men & women" to their perdition, who compose the body of antichrist or in other words; "Satan's marked members of sin composing the ungodly beast usurping Christ's authority"..

The latter "beast" cometh according to Revelation 13:11-18
Revelation 13:11-18
11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as did the dragon.  12And he did all that the first beast could do in his presence, and he caused the earth, and them which dwell therein, to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.  13And he did great wonders, so that he made fire come down from heaven in the sight of men.  14And deceived them that dwelt on the earth, by the means of those signs which he had power to do in the sight of the beast, saying to them that dwelt on the earth: that they should make an image unto the beast, which had the wound of a sword, and did live.  15And he had power to give a spirit unto the image of the beast, and that the image of the beast should speak, and should cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast, should be killed.  16And he made all men, small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hands, or in their foreheads.  17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, other the number of his name.  18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath wit count the number of the beast. For it is the number of a man, and his number is six hundred, threescore and six.  

That particular beast is given more attention nowadays than the others because it seems to be the last representative of the great dragon, that old serpent called the devil and Sathanas. Rather, the Lord of Lords' and King of Kings' called, and chosen, (Re 17:14) ought to fight as wisely as the serpent (Mt. 10:16) on the wood (John 3:14) warning us that there were and are antichrist beast systems established already, let it be worldly hypocrites of Pharisees and Scribes, Popes and Reverends, Nicolaitans, even of a man named Simon (ironically same name like Simon Peter) that practiced witchcraft mentioned in Acts. 8:9
Acts 8:9-13
9And there was a certain man called Simon, which beforetime in the same city, used witchcraft and bewitched the people, saying that he was a man that could do great things.  10Whom they regarded, from the least to the greatest saying: this is that power of God, which is called great.  11 Him they set much by, because of long time with sorcery he had deluded their wits.  12 As soon as they believed Philip's preaching of the kingdom of God and of the name of Jesu Christ, they were baptised both men and women.  13Then Simon himself believed, and was baptised. And continued with Philip, and wondered beholding the miracles and signs, which were shewed.  

As Christ the Lord well revealed:
Mark 4:15-19
15These be they which are by the ways side, where the word is sown, to whom as soon as they have heard it, cometh the devil and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.  16And these also are they that are sown on the stony ground: which when they have heard the word, at once they receive it with joy,  17yet have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a season: afterward as soon as any trouble or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, anon they fall.  18And these are they that are sown among the thorns, which hear the word of God,  19and the care of this world and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things enter in, and choke the word, and it is made unfruitful.  

That Simon who provably started the Roman Catholic Church with that antichrist spirit (instead of receiving the holy spirit of Christ) was ironically rebuked by the actual Simon Peter:
Acts 8:18-24
18When Simon saw that thorow laying on of the apostles' hands on them, the holy ghost was given: he offered them money saying:  19Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the holy ghost.  20Then said Peter unto him: Perish thou and thy money together. For thou wenest that the gift of God may be obtained with money?  21thou hast neither part nor fellowship in this business. For thy heart is not right in the sight of God.  22Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God that the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.  23For I perceive that thou art full of bitter gall, and wrapped in iniquity.  24Then answered Simon and said: Pray ye to the Lord for me that none of these things which ye have spoken fall on me.  
Daniel 7:25-27
25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.  26But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.  27And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.  
- King James Version
Matthew 16:13-28
13When Jesus came into the coasts of the city which is called Cesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples saying: Whom do men say that I the son of man am?  14They said: Some say that thou art John baptist, some Helyas, some Jeremias, or one of the prophets.  15He said unto them: But whom say ye that I am?  16Simon Peter answered, and said: Thou art Christ the son of the living God.  17And Jesus answered and said to him: Happy art thou Simon the son of Jonas, for flesh and blood have not opened unto thee that, but my father which is in heaven.  18And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter. And upon this rock I will build my congregation: and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  19And I will give unto thee, the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatsoever thou bindest upon earth, it shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou loosest on earth, it shall be loosed in heaven.  20Then he charged his disciples, that they should tell no man, that he was Jesus Christ.  21From that time forth, Jesus began to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the seniors, and of the high priests, and of the scribes, and must be killed, and rise again the third day.  22 Peter took him aside, and began to rebuke him saying: Master favor thy self, this shall not come unto thee.  23Then turned he about, and said unto Peter: go after me Satan, thou offendest me, because thou perceivest not godly things: but worldly things.  24Jesus then said to his disciples. If any man will follow me, let him forsake himself, and take up his cross and follow me.  25For whosoever will save his life, shall loose it. And whosoever shall loose his life for my sake, shall find it.  26What shall it profit a man, if he should win all the whole world: so he loose his own soul? Or else what shall a man give to redeem his soul again withal?  27For the son of man shall come in the glory of his father, with his angels, and then shall he reward every man according to his deeds.  28Verily I say unto you, some there be among them that here stand, which shall not taste of death, till they shall have seen the son of man come in his kingdom.  

Also from those days there are dangerous ungodly priests and rulers, political and religious thieves, unfaithful officers, rebelious military murderers (unfortunetaly many that forsake their godly duty for ungodly lusts) and even the devil himself like the real Simon Peter says:
Be sober and watch, for your adversary the devil as a roaring lion walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, remembering that ye do but fulfil the same afflictions which are appointed to your brethren that are in the world. 1Pt. 5:8

According to the Scriptures all ought to take diligent heed at the verity (real credible gist) in retrospect of the real word (revealed by the holy ghost of God) opposed to what others are conditioned to think words doubtfully mean; when in reality the LORD GOD always means what HE says & does what HE promises.

2 Timothy 2:11-13
11It is a true saying: If we be dead with him, we also shall live with him;  12If we be patient, we shall also reign with him; If we deny him, he also shall deny us;  13If we believe not, yet abideth he faithful; He cannot deny himself.  

Old Testament translation of the Greek Septuagint at Daniel 11:37-38 wrote:
Daniel 11:37 And he shall not regard any gods of his fathers, nor the (*) desire of women, neither shall he regard any deity: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Code: Select all
(*) epiyumian
Greek Pronunciation:   ep-ee-thoo-mee'-ah
evil urges, desires, cravings, lustful passion, concupiscence, a longing (especially a strong desire for what is forbidden)

Notwithstanding the great irony is when doing a search for that Greek word (strong's 1939) and what the resulting passages entail.

Daniel 11:38
In his place shall he worship the mighty Idols: and the God whom his fathers knew not, shall he honour with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant jewels.

Daniel 11:38 And he shall honour the god of (*) forces on his place: and a god whom his fathers knew not he shall honour with gold, and silver, and precious stones, and desirable things.

(*) μαωζιν
Gr. (maozzin)
The translators of the Septuagint left the Hebrew word mauzzim as a non-greek word pronouncing the same maowzim

forces. or, munitions. Heb. {Mauzzim,} or, gods protectors. Saints and angels, who were invoked as intercessors and protectors, had miracles ascribed to them, their relics worshipped, and their shrines and images adorned with costly offerings. -treasury of scripture knowledge

Ironically similar to the Greek word:
μάχη
machē
makh'-ay
Derivation from G3164; a battle, that is, (figuratively) controversy
KJV Usage: fighting, strive, striving
(earlier: a battle, conflict, hence) in the sphere of words, etc: wrangle, dispute, strife, contention, quarrel.
G3164
1) a fight or combat
War, battle, strife
1a) of armed combatants, or those who engage in a hand to hand struggle
1b) of those who contend at law for property and privileges

μάχομαι
machomai
makh'-om-ahee
Middle voice of an apparently primary verb; to war, that is, (figuratively) to quarrel, dispute

HEBREW Mauoz
Word: מעוז
Pronounc: maw-oze'
Strong:  H4581
Orig:(also mauwz maw-ooz'); or mahoz maw-oze' (also ma,uz  maw-ooz'; from 5810; a fortified place; figuratively, a  defence:--force, fort(-ress), rock, strength(-en), (X most)  strong (hold).   H5810

1) place or means of safety,  protection,  refuge,  stronghold
1a) place of safety,  fastness,  harbour,  stronghold
1b) refuge (of God) (fig.)
1c) human protection (fig.)

strong support, fortresses

Similar Greek words:
Strong#: G407 ανδριζομαι
1) to make a man of or make brave
2) to show one's self a man, be brave

Strong#: G2478 ισχυρος
1) strong, mighty
1a) of living beings

1) strong either in body or in mind
1a2) of one who has strength of soul to sustain the attacks of Satan, strong and therefore exhibiting many excellences
1b) on inanimate things

1) strong, violent, forcibly uttered, firm, sure

Strong#: G4714 στασις
1) a standing, station, state
2) an insurrection
3) strife, insurrection

Similar Hebrew H3653 Kane
1) base, stand, pedestal, office, foot, place, estate
1a) base, pedestal
1b) office, place

In this world it is indeed a battle for our mind and soul, such as how schools are conditioned to teach evolution and a globe moving ball theory as a spec in a universe (leaving it vulnerable to believe in the deception of fallen angels masquerading as your alien saviors) instead of the unmovable horizontal earth creation vertically with it's firm sky expanse and the uniVerse Creatour above it being Christ Jesus our only Saviour.

Revelation 13:12-17
12And he did all that the first beast could do in his presence, and he caused the earth, and them which dwell therein, to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.  13And he did great wonders, so that he made fire come down from heaven in the sight of men.  14And deceived them that dwelt on the earth, by the means of those signs which he had power to do in the sight of the beast, saying to them that dwelt on the earth: that they should make an image unto the beast, which had the wound of a sword, and did live.  15And he had power to give a spirit unto the image of the beast, and that the image of the beast should speak, and should cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast, should be killed.  16And he made all men, small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hands, or in their foreheads.  17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, other the number of his name.  

Revelation 17:1-5
1And there came one of the seven angels, which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me: I will shew thee the judgement of the great whore, that sitteth upon many waters,  2with whom have committed fornication the kings of the earth, so that the inhabiters of the earth, are drunken with the wine of her fornication.  3And he carried me away into the wilderness in the spirit. And I saw a woman sit upon a rose colored beast full of names of blasphemy, which had ten horns.  4And the woman was arrayed in purple and rose colour, and decked with gold, precious stone, and pearls, and had a cup of gold in her hand, full of abomination, and filthiness of her fornication.  5And in her forehead was a name written, a mystery, great Babylon the mother of whoredom and abominations of the earth.  

Revelation 18:8-13
8Therefore shall her plagues come at one day, death, and sorrow, and hunger, and she shall be brent with fire: for strong is the Lord God which judgeth her.  9And the kings of the earth shall beweep her and wail over her, which have committed fornication with her, and have lived wantonly with her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,  10and shall stand afar off, for fear of her punishment, saying: Alas, Alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city: For at one hour is her judgment come.  11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and wail in themselves, for no man will buy their ware any more,  12the ware of gold and silver, and precious stones, neither of pearl, and raynes, and purple, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and of iron,  13and cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and bodies and souls of men.  

A comparison of the first English Bible translations (even starting with Wycliffe's translation of the Latin vulgate) till the Great Bible of 1539 (translated from the Hebrew and Greek) when describing the antichrist, renders The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 11 verse 37 thus:
"And he schal not arette the God of hise fadris, and he schal be in the coveitisis of wymmen, and he schal not charge ony of goddis, for he schal rise ayens alle thingis." Wycliffe 1382-94
37 And he shall not areckon (with) the God of his fathers, and he shall be in the covetousness of women, and he shall not charge any of gods, for he shall rise against all things. (And he shall not have regard for the god of his fathers, or the god beloved by women, indeed he shall not have regard for any god, for he shall raise himself up, or shall exalt himself, above all of them.)
38 Forsooth he shall honour (the) god of Maoozim in his place, and he shall worship (a) god, whom his fathers knew not, with gold, and silver, and precious stone(s), and precious things. (Instead he shall honour the god of strongholds in his place, and he shall worship a god, whom his forefathers did not know, with gold, and silver, and precious stones, and precious things.)

"He shal not regarde the God of his fathers, but his lust shall be upon wome: Yee he shal not care for eny God, for he shal magnifie himself above all." Coverdale Bible 1535

"He shal not regarde the God of hys fathers, but his lust shalbe upon wemen: Yea, he shal not care for any God, for he shall magnifye him selfe above al." Matthew's Bible 1537

"He shall not regarde the God of hys fathers, but his lust shall be upon wemen. Yee, he shall not care for eny God, for he shall magnifye him selfe above all." Great Bible 1539

Although starting with the Geneva and Bishops' Bible and later editions afterward (including most modern translations today) have Dan 11:37 to read :
"37 Neither shall he regard the * God of his fathers, nor the desires ** of women, nor care for any God: for he shall magnifie himselfe above all." Geneva Bible 1560-99
Geneva side notes:
*(The Romanes shall observe no certaine forme of religion as other nations, but shall change their gods at their pleasures, yea, contemne them & preferre themselves to their gods.)
**(Signifying that they should be without all humanitie: for the love of women is taken for singular or great love, as 2.Sam.1.26.)

"He shall not regarde the God of his fathers, nor the desires of women, yea he shall not care for any God: for he shall magnifie himselfe above all." Bishops' Bible 1568

"Neither shall hee regard the god of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnifie himselfe aboue all." King James Version 1611

Ironically the great love of women in 2 Samuel 1:26 is about a song of mourning that King David sang after Saul and Jonathan his friend were slain in battle, and that the love his friend has to God with him was greater than even the deep affectionate desire or great lust a woman has for man.
2 Samuel 1:26
Woe is me for thee my brother Jonathas: delectable to me wast thou exceeding. Thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.

Love here was translated from the following Hebrew root:
Word: ????
Pronounc: a-hab-aw
Strong:  #H160
Transliter: 'ahabah
feminine of 158 and meaning the same:--love.   #H158

Word: ???
Pronounc: ah'-hab
Strong:  #H158
Transliter: 'ahab
from 157; affection (in a good or a bad sense):--love(-r).   #H157

Pronounc: aw-hab'
Strong:  #H157
Transliter: 'ahab
or raheb aw-habe'; a primitive root; to have affection for  (sexually or otherwise):--(be-)love(-d, -ly, -r), like,  friend.

Indeed the woman's great love (affection, lust, longing desire, etc) is to the husband, as it is written:
Genesis 3:16
And unto the woman he said: I will surely increase thy sorrow and make thee oft with child, and with pain shalt thou be delivered: And thy lusts shall pertain unto thy husband and he shall rule thee.

Word: ?????
Pronounc: tesh-oo-kaw'
Strong:  #H8669
Transliter: tshuwqah
from 7783 in the original sense of stretching out after; a longing:--desire.  #H7783

Pronounc: shook
Strong:  #H7783
Transliter: shuwq
a primitive root; to run after or over, i.e.  overflow:--overflow, water.

Unfortunetaly, the spirit of antichrist takes advantage of that dangerous insecurity of woman (from the beginning) in falling into loving the world more than God and his only begotten son Jesus Christ who gave HIS life for her and us all; yea the same Lord that rose up from the dead on the third day, ironically as does a penis with it's two balls whom God has created even as a terrible de-sign of it. And no wonder Revelation mentions godly men that didn't corrupt themselves by NOT having their first love in the wrong place:
Revelation 14:4-5
4These are they, which were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These follow the lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from men being the first fruits unto God and to the lamb,  5and in their mouths was found no guile. For they are without spot before the throne of God.  

We are direly warned about the antichrist spirit that hates GOD the most highest LOVE in priority:
James 4:4
Ye advoutrers, and women that break matrimony: know ye not how that the friendship of the world is enmity to Godward? Whosoever will be friend of the world, is made the enemy of God.

The unholy spirit of antichrist even commits to the world as her pimp making that love corrupt regardless how great that affection is, because God is who really deserves to be loved first and always a more priority according to the highest commandment. (Mr. 12:29-31, De. 6:4-5, De. 11:13)

Mt 16:21 From that time forth, Jesus began to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the seniors, {elders} and of the high priests, and of the scribes, and must be killed, and rise again the third day.
Mt 16:22 Peter took him aside, and began to rebuke him saying: Master favor thy self, this shall not come unto thee.
Mt 16:23 Then turned he about, and said unto Peter: go after me Satan, thou offendest me, because thou perceivest {favourest or savourest} not godly things: but worldly things.
Mt 16:24 Jesus then said to his disciples. If any man will follow me, let him forsake himself, and take up his cross and follow me.
Mt 16:25 For whosoever will save his life, shall loose it. And whosoever shall loose his life for my sake, shall find it. {loose, exact spelling; from the hebrew to open, may be also lose, or subdue}
Mt 16:26 What shall it profit {What helpeth} a man, if {though} he should win all the whole world: so he loose his own soul? {and yet suffer harm in his soul?} Or else what shall a man give to redeem his soul again withal?
Mt 16:27 For the son of man shall come in the glory of his father, with his angels, and then shall he reward every man according to his deeds.
Mt 16:28 Verily I say unto you, some there be among them that here stand, which shall not taste of death, till they shall have seen the son of man come in his kingdom.

The LORD endured such temporal falsity of the world and rebuked it with HIS eternal verity:
Matthew 4:1-11
1Then was Jesus led away of the spirit in to a desert, to be tempted of the devil.  2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, at the last he was an hungered.  3Then came until him the tempter, and said: If thou be the son of God, command that these stones be made bread.  4He answered and said: It is written, man shall not live only by bread, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.  5Then the devil took him up into the holy city, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple,  6and said unto him: if thou be the son of God, cast thyself down. For it is written, he shall give his angels charge over thee, and with their hands they shall stey thee up, that thou dash not thy foot against a stone.  7 Jesus said to him, it is written also: thou shalt not tempt thy Lord God.  8The devil took him up again and led him into an exceeding high mountain, and shewed him all the kingdoms of the world, and the beauty of them,  9and said unto him: all these will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.  10Then said Jesus unto him, avoid Satan. For it is written, thou shalt worship thy Lord God, and him only, shalt thou serve.  11Then the devil left him, and lo the angels came and ministered unto him.  
Mark 1:12-15
12And immediately the spirit drove him into a wilderness:  13and he was there in the wilderness forty days, and was tempted of Satan, and was with wild beasts. And the angels ministered unto him.  14After that John was taken, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,  15and saying: the time is ful come, and the kingdom of God is even at hand, repent and believe the gospel.  
Luke 4:1-13
1Jesus then full of the holy ghost, returned from Jordan, and was carried of the spirit into a wilderness,  2and was forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days ate he nothing: And when they were ended, he afterward hungered.  3And the devil said unto him: if thou be the son of God, command this stone that he be bread.  4And Jesus answered him, saying: It is written: man shall not live by bread only, but by every word of God.  5And the devil took him up into an high mountain, and shewed him all the kingdoms of the earth, even in the twinkling of an eye.  6And the devil said unto him: all this power will I give thee every whit, and the glory of them (for that is delivered to me, and to whosoever I will I give it)  7If thou therefore wilt worship me, they shall be all thine.  8Jesus answered and said unto him: hence from me Satan. For it is written. Thou shalt honour thy Lord God, and him only serve.  9And he carried him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him: If thou be the son of God, cast thyself down from hence.  10For it is written, he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee,  11and with their hands they shall stay thee up, that thou hurt not thy foot against a stone.  12Jesus answered and said unto him, it is said, thou shalt not tempt thy Lord God.  13And as soon as the devil had ended all his temptations, he departed from him for a season.  

Mark 8:29-33
29And he said unto them: But whom say ye that I am? Peter answered and said unto him: Thou art very Christ.  30And he charged them, that they should tell no man of it.  31And he began to declare unto them, how that the son of man must suffer many things, and should be reproved of the seniors and of the high priests and scribes, and should be killed, and after three days arise again.  32And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him aside, and began to chide him.  33 He turned about, and looked on his disciples, and rebuked Peter saying: Go after me Satan. For thou savourest not the things of God but the things of men.  

Ironically, the book of Daniel describes the antichrist beast as not having love for favoring deity the divine holiness of the Eternal Lord-Godhead but instead having great lust for things of the temporal man of sin.
Daniel 11:37
He shall not regard the God of his fathers, but his lust shall be upon women: Yea he shall not care for any God, for he shall magnify himself above all.
The word lust translated from the Hebrew in Daniel 11:37 is defined from it's root as:
Pronounc: khem-daw'
Strong:  #H2532
Transliter: chemdah
feminine of 2531; delight:--desire, goodly, pleasant,  precious.   #H2531

Pronounc: kheh'-med
Strong:  #H2531
Transliter: chemed
om 2530; delight:--desirable, pleasant.   #H2530

Pronounc: khaw-mad'
Strong:  #H2530
Transliter: chamad
a primitive root; to delight in:--beauty, greatly beloved,  covet, delectable thing, (X great) delight, desire, goodly,  lust, (be) pleasant (thing), precious (thing).

FYI. Here's the Hebrew of Daniel 11:37
??- #H05921 ???? #H0430 ????? #H01 ?? #H03808 ???? #H0995 ???- #H05921 ???? #H02532 ???? #H0802 ???- #H05921 ??- #H03605 ???? #H0433 ?? #H03808 ???? #H0995 ?? #H03588 ??- #H05921 ?? #H03605 ????? #H01431
Word: ??
Pronounc: al
Strong:  #H5921
Transliter: `al
properly, the same as 5920 used as a preposition (in the  singular or plural often with prefix, or as conjunction with a  particle following); above, over, upon, or against (yet always  in this last relation with a downward aspect) in a great  variety of applications (as follow):--above, according  to(-ly), after, (as) against, among, and, X as, at, because  of, beside (the rest of), between, beyond the time, X both  and, by (reason of), X had the charge of, concerning for, in  (that), (forth, out) of, (from) (off), (up-)on, over, than,  through(-out), to, touching, X with.

Word: ?????
Pronounc: el-o-heem'
Strong:  #H430
Transliter: 'elohiym
plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically  used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the  supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to  magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:--angels, X  exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X  mighty.

Pronounc: awb
Strong:  #H1
Transliter: 'ab
a primitive word; father, in a literal and immediate, or  figurative and remote application):--chief,  (fore-)father(-less), X  patrimony, principal. Compare names  in "Abi-".

Pronounc:  lo
Strong:  #H3808
Transliter: lo'
or lowi lo; or loh (Deut. 3:11) lo; a primitive particle;  not (the simple or abs. negation); by implication, no; often  used with other particles (as follows):--X before, + or else,  ere, + except, ig(-norant), much, less, nay, neither, never,  no((-ne), -r, (-thing)), (X as though...,(can-), for) not (out  of), of nought, otherwise, out of, + surely, + as truly as, +  of a truth, + verily, for want, + whether, without.

Pronounc: bene
Strong:  #H995
Transliter: biyn
a primitive root; to separate mentally (or distinguish),  i.e.(generally) understand:--attend, consider, be cunning,  diligently, direct, discern, eloquent, feel, inform, instruct,  have intelligence, know, look well to, mark, perceive, be  prudent, regard, (can) skill(-full), teach, think, (cause,  make to, get, give, have) understand(-ing), view, (deal)  wise(-ly, man).

properly, the same as 5920 used as a preposition (in the  singular or plural often with prefix, or as conjunction with a  particle following); above, over, upon, or against (yet always  in this last relation with a downward aspect) in a great  variety of applications (as follow):--above, according  to(-ly), after, (as) against, among, and, X as, at, because  of, beside (the rest of), between, beyond the time, X both  and, by (reason of), X had the charge of, concerning for, in  (that), (forth, out) of, (from) (off), (up-)on, over, than,  through(-out), to, touching, X with.

Pronounc: khem-daw'
Strong:  #H2532
Transliter: chemdah
feminine of 2531; delight:--desire, goodly, pleasant,  precious.   
Pronounc: ish-shaw'

Strong:  #H802
Transliter: 'ishshah
feminine of 376 or 582; irregular plural, nashiym  naw-sheem'; a woman (used in the same wide sense as  582):--(adulter)ess, each, every, female, X many, + none,  one, + together, wife, woman. Often unexpressed in English.

Pronounc: kole
Strong:  #H3605
Transliter: kol
or (Jer. 33:8) kowl kole; from 3634; properly, the whole;  hence, all, any or every (in the singular only, but often in a  plural sense):--(in) all (manner, (ye)), altogether, any  (manner), enough, every (one, place, thing), howsoever, as  many as, (no-)thing, ought, whatsoever, (the) whole,  whoso(-ever).   #H3634

Pronounc: el-o'-ah
Strong:  #H433
Transliter: 'elowahh
rarely (shortened) 'eloahh el-o'-ah probably prolonged (emphat.) from 410; a deity or the  Deity:--God, god. See 430.   #H410  #H430

Pronounc:  lo
Strong:  #H3808
Transliter: lo'
or lowi lo; or loh (Deut. 3:11) lo; a primitive particle;  not (the simple or abs. negation); by implication, no; often  used with other particles (as follows):--X before, + or else,  ere, + except, ig(-norant), much, less, nay, neither, never,  no((-ne), -r, (-thing)), (X as though...,(can-), for) not (out  of), of nought, otherwise, out of, + surely, + as truly as, +  of a truth, + verily, for want, + whether, without.

Pronounc: bene
Strong:  #H995
Transliter: biyn
a primitive root; to separate mentally (or distinguish),  i.e.(generally) understand:--attend, consider, be cunning,  diligently, direct, discern, eloquent, feel, inform, instruct,  have intelligence, know, look well to, mark, perceive, be  prudent, regard, (can) skill(-full), teach, think, (cause,  make to, get, give, have) understand(-ing), view, (deal)  wise(-ly, man).

Pronounc: kee
Strong:  #H3588
Transliter: kiy
a primitive particle (the full form of the prepositional  prefix) indicating causal relations of all kinds, antecedent  or consequent; (by implication) very widely used as a relative  conjunction or adverb (as below); often largely modified by  other particles annexed:--and, + (forasmuch, inasmuch,  where-)as, assured(-ly), + but, certainly, doubtless, + else,  even, + except, for, how, (because, in, so, than) that, +  nevertheless, now, rightly, seeing, since, surely, then,  therefore, + (al- )though, + till, truly, + until, when,  whether, while, whom, yea, yet.

properly, the same as 5920 used as a preposition (in the  singular or plural often with prefix, or as conjunction with a  particle following); above, over, upon, or against (yet always  in this last relation with a downward aspect) in a great  variety of applications (as follow):--above, according  to(-ly), after, (as) against, among, and, X as, at, because  of, beside (the rest of), between, beyond the time, X both  and, by (reason of), X had the charge of, concerning for, in  (that), (forth, out) of, (from) (off), (up-)on, over, than,  through(-out), to, touching, X with.   #H5920

Pronounc: kole
Strong:  #H3605
Transliter: kol
or (Jer. 33:8) kowl kole; from 3634; properly, the whole;  hence, all, any or every (in the singular only, but often in a  plural sense):--(in) all (manner, (ye)), altogether, any  (manner), enough, every (one, place, thing), howsoever, as  many as, (no-)thing, ought, whatsoever, (the) whole,  whoso(-ever).   #H3634

Pronounc: gaw-dal'
Strong:  #H1431
Transliter: gadal
a primitive root; properly, to twist (compare 1434), i.e. to  be (causatively make) large (in various senses, as in body,  mind, estate or honor, also in pride):--advance, boast, bring  up, exceed, excellent, be(-come, do, give, make, wax),  great(-er, come to...estate, + things), grow(up),increase,  lift up, magnify(-ifical), be much set by, nourish (up), pass,  promote, proudly (spoken), tower.   #H1434

So the literal Hebrew is translated something to the effect of:
#H05921 Concerning #H0430 deities' #H01 father #H03808 nothing #H0995 regards -#H05921 Concerns #H02532 desiring #H0802 adulterer -#H05921 Concerning -#H03605 any #H0433 deity #H03808 nothing #H0995 regards #H03588 Indeed -#H05921 concerns #H03605 any #H01431 self-promotion

Even if we don't understand much ancient Hebrew as the reformers did, even from the little understanding thereof that we may have, today we can still more than ever diligently seek for the truth of the matter by using tools like Bible software and lexicons, of course with the help of the Scriptures' holy ghost author to verify that the first English translations correctly brings to our attention that the antichrist has no concern for God and rather "Concerns itself" with "self-promotion" and "desiring adulterers" (that sounds like a very ungodly pimp with a great adulteress organization indeed usurping spiritual and physical matters to their beastly carnal vantage)
1 Corinthians 6:19
Know ye not how that your bodies are the temple of the holy ghost, which is in you, whom he have of God, and how that ye are not your own?
Romans 8:9
But ye are not given to the flesh; But to the spirit: If so be that the spirit of God dwell in you. If there be any man that hath not the spirit of Christ, the same is none of his.

Indeed how IRONIC that Satanic spirit is described as being "a very beautiful being" at first because "the WORD" of God initially created that de-light-full being as Lucifer reflecting it with "great delightfulness" till that that creation started to love hirself more than the LOVE that made it first, and when it realized that it couldn't love itself more than God does, it became the root of all evil that wanted only to itself what didn't belong to itself.
1 Timothy 6:10
For covetousness is the root of all evil, which while some lusted after, they erred from the faith, and tangled themselves with many sorrows.

And so it darkened and fell away from God and became Satan that means adversary or enemy of verity.
Isaiah 14:12-23
12How art thou fallen from heaven, (O Lucifer) thou fair morning child? hast thou gotten a fall even to the ground, thou that (notwithstanding) didst subdue the people?  13And yet thou thoughtest in thine heart: I will climb up into heaven, and make my seat above the stars of God, I will sit upon the glorious mount toward the North,  14I will climb up above the clouds, and will be like the highest of all.  15Yet dare I lay, that thou shalt be brought down to the deep of hell.  16They that see thee, shall narrowly look upon thee, and think in themselves, saying: Is this the man, that brought all lands in fear, and made the kingdoms afraid:  17Is this he that made the world in a manner waste, and laid the cities to the ground, which let not his prisoners go home?  18How happeneth it, that the kings of all people lie, every one at home in his own palace, with worship,  19and thou art cast out of thy grave like a wild branch: like as dead men's raiment that are shot thorow with the sword: as they that go down to the stones of the deep: as a dead corpse that is trodden under feet:  20and art not buried with them? Even because that thou hast wasted thy land, and destroyed thy people. For the generation of the wicked shall be without honour, forever.  21There shall a way be sought to destroy their children, for their fathers' wickedness: They shall not rise up again to possess the land, and fill the world full of castles and towns.  22I will stand up against them, (sayeth the LORD of Hosts) and root out the name and generation of Babylon (sayeth the LORD)  23and will give it to the Otters, and will make water puddles of it; and I will sweep them out with the besom of destruction, sayeth the LORD of Hosts.  
Ezekiel 28:1-19
1The word of the LORD came unto me saying:  2Thou son of man; Tell the prince of Tyre: Thus sayeth the Lord GOD, because thou hast a proud heart and hast said: I am a God, I have my seat in the middest of the sea like a God: where as thou art but a man, and not God, and yet standest in thine own conceit, that thou art God:  3Behold, thou thinkest thyself wiser than Daniel, that there is no secrets hid from thee.  4With thy wisdom and thy understanding, thou hast gotten thee great wealthiness, and gathered treasure of silver and gold.  5With thy great wisdom and occupying, hast thou increased thy power, and because of thy great riches, thy heart is proud.  6Therefore thus sayeth the Lord GOD: For so much as thou hast lift up thine heart, as though thou were God:  7behold, I will bring enemies upon thee, even the tyrants of the Heathen: These shall draw out their swords upon thy beauty and wisdom, and shall defile thy glory.  8They shall cast thee down to the pit, so that thou shalt die in the middest of the sea,  9as they that be slain. Let see, if thou wilt say then (before them that slay thee) I am God: where as thou art but a man and not God, in the hands of them that slayeth thee.  10Die shalt thou, even as the uncircumcised in the hands of the enemies: for I myself have spoken it, sayeth the Lord GOD.  11Moreover, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying:  12Thou son of man, make a lamentable complaint over the king of Tyre, and tell him: Thus sayeth the Lord GOD: Thou art a seal of a likeness, full of wisdom and excellent beauty.  13Thou hast been in the pleasure garden of God: thou art decked with all manner of precious stones: with Ruby, Topas, Crystal, Jacinth, Onyx, Jaspis, Sapphire, Smaragde, Carbuncle, and gold. Thy beauty and the holes that be in thee were set forth in the day of thy creation.  14Thou art a fair Cherub, stretched wide out for to cover. I have set thee upon the holy mount of God, there hast thou been, and walked among the fair glistering stones.  15From the time of thy creation thou hast been right excellent, till wickedness was found in thee.  16Because of thy great merchandise, thy heart is full of wickedness, and thou hast offended. Therefore will I cast thee from the mount of God (O thou covering Cherub) and destroy thee among the glistering stones.  17Thy heart was proud in thy fair beauty, and thorow thy beauty thou hast destroyed thy wisdom. I will cast thee down to the ground, and that in the sight of kings.  18Thou hast defiled thy Sanctuary, with the great wickedness of thy unrighteous occupying. I will bring a fire from the middest of thee, to consume thee: and will make thee to ashes, in the sight of all them that look upon thee.  19All they that have been acquainted with thee among the Heathen, shall be abashed at thee: seeing thou art so clean brought to naught, and comest no more up.  
Luke 10:18
And he said unto them: I saw sathan, as it had been lightning, fall down from heaven.
John 14:22-31
22Judas said unto him (not Judas Iscarioth) Lord what is the cause that thou wilt shew thyself unto us, and not unto the world?  23Jesus answered and said unto him: if a man love me and will keep my sayings, my father also will love him, and we will come unto him, and will dwell with him.  24He that loveth me not, keepeth not my sayings. And the words which ye hear are not mine, but my father's, which sent me.  25This have I spoken unto you being yet present with you.  26But that comforter which is the holy ghost (whom my father will send in my name) shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you.  27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your hearts be grieved, neither fear ye.  28Ye have heard how I said unto you: I go and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would verily rejoice, because I said, I go unto the father. For the father is greater than I.  29And now have I shewed you, before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye might believe.  30Here after will I not talk many words unto you. For the chief ruler of this world cometh, and hath nought in me.  31But that the world may know that I love my father; And as the father gave me commandment, even so do I. Rise let us go hence.  

Daniel 11:38-48
38In his place shall he worship the mighty Idols: and the God whom his fathers knew not, shall he honour with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant jewels.  39This shall he do, seeking help and succour at the mighty Idols and strange gods. Such as receive him, and take him for God, he shall give them great worship and power: yea and make them lords of the multitude, and give them the land with rewards.  40In the latter time, shall the king of the south strive with him: and the king of the north in like manner shall come against him with chariots, horsemen and with a great navy of ships. He shall come into the lands, destroy and go thorow:  41he shall enter also in to the fair pleasant land. Many cities and countries shall decay, except Edom, Moab and the best of the children of Ammon, which shall escape from his hand.  42He shall stretch forth his hands upon the countries, and the land of Egypt shall not escape him.  43For thorow his going in, he shall have dominion over the treasures of silver and gold, and over all the precious jewels of Egypt, Lybia and Ethiopia.  44Nevertheless the tidings out of the East and the north shall trouble him, for the which cause he shall go forth to destroy and curse a great multitude.  45The tents of his palace shall he pitch betwixt the two seas, upon the hill of the noble Sanctuary, for he shall come to the end of it, and then shall no man help him.        

See post idol, mawmet, image, simulacra

Even the early church was warned about it:
2 Corinthians 3:1-6
1We begin to praise ourselves again. Need we as some other of pistels of recommendation unto you? or letters of recommendation from you?  2Ye are our pistel written in our hearts, which is understood and read of all men,  3in that ye are known, how that ye are the pistel of Christ, ministered by us and written, not with ink: but with the spirit of the living God, not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.  4Such trust have we thorow Christ to Godward,  5not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as it were of ourselves: but our ableness cometh of God,  6which hath made us able to minister the new testament, not of the letter, but of the spirit: For the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.  
1 Timothy 1:8-10
8We know that the law is god, if a man use it lawfully,  9understanding this, how that the law is not given unto a righteous man, but unto the unrighteous and disobedient, to the ungodly and to sinners, to unholy and unclean, to murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, to manslayers  10and whoremongers: to them that defile themselves with mankind: to menstealers: to liars and to perjured, and so forth if there be any other thing that is contrary to wholesome doctrine  
Romans 3:19-20
19Yea and we know that whatsoever the law saith, he saith it to them which are under the law: That all mouths may be stopped, and all the world be subdued to God,  20because that by the deeds of the law, shall no flesh be justified in the sight of God. For by the law cometh the knowledge of sin.  

The antichrist beast uses that letter by even making temporal laws to eventually murder whomever stands in it's way (making officers think they are doing their community or even God service):
2 Thessalonians 2:7-12
7For already the mystery of iniquity worketh. Only he that holdeth, let him now hold, until it be taken out of the way,  8and then shall that wicked be uttered, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the appearance of his coming,  9even him whose coming is by the working of Satan, with all lying power, signs, and wonders:  10and in all deceivableness of unrighteousness, among them that perish: because they received not the love of the truth, that they might have been saved.  11And therefore God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe lies:  12that all they might be damned which believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.  
Matthew 9:13
Go and learn, what that meaneth: I have pleasure in mercy, and not in offering. For I am not come to call the righteous, but the sinners to repentance.
Matthew 12:7
Wherefore if ye had wist, what this saying meaneth: I require mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would never have condemned innocents.

Taking into account that the world's population today is increasingly with more women that are given full work responsibilities that once only belonged to the man as the bread winner in a balanced family.. unfortunetly the unfaithful modern woman that would gain even "at any cost" more leverage in the workplace and leadership rolls as a priority; while disregarding her main responsibily to take care of her children that leaves her true profession to a stranger because of her so called "mammon" careers, who's children without the proper attention, care, nurture and time spent of a mother (and father likewise) are left to be worst than bastards; And direly taking into account that the insecure woman is the weaker vessel that can be more easily manipulated.. (i.e. Genesis 3) then put that all together, and we can see the antichrist's subtle plan. .. it's like the misery of the past repeating itself all over again in great force culminating to what God from the beginning had warned about all along.

1 Timothy 2:1-15
1I exhort therefore that above all things prayers, supplications, petitions, and giving of thanks, be had for all men:  2for kings, and for all that are in preeminence, that we may live a quiet and a peaceable life, in all godliness and honesty.  3For that is good and accepted in the sight of god our saviour,  4which would have all men saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth.  5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and man, which is the man Christ Jesus,  6which gave himself a ransom for all men, that it should be preached at his time,  7whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle (I tell the truth in Christ and lie not) being the teacher of the gentiles in faith and verity.  8I woll therefore that the men pray every where, lifting up pure hands without wrath, or arguing.  9Likewise also the women that they array themselves in mannerly apparel with shamefastness, and honest behavior, not with broided hair, other gold, or pearls, or costly array:  10but with such as becometh women that profess the worshipping of God thorow good works.  11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.  12I suffer not a woman to teach, neither to have authority over the man: but for to be in silence.  13For Adam was first formed, and then Eve.  14Also Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived, and was in transgression.  15Notwithstanding they shall be saved thorow bearing of children, if they continue in the faith and in love, and in sanctifying.  

The early faithful reformers well knew about it! See topic: Free-Will came from above
Luke 11:33-54
33No man lighteth a candle, and putteth it in a privy place, neither under a bushel: But on a candlestick, that they that come in, may see the light.  34The light of thy body is the eye. Therefore, when thine eye is single: then is all thy body full of light. But if thine eye be evil: then shall all thy body also be full of darkness.  35Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee, be not darkness.  36For if all thy body shall be light, having no part dark: then shall all be full of light, even as when a candle doeth light thee with his brightness.  37And as he spake, a certain pharisee besought him to dine with him: and Jesus went in, and sat down to meat.  38When the pharisee saw that he marveled that he had not first washed before dinner.  39And the Lord said to him: Now do ye; O pharisees, make clean the outside of the cup, and of the platter: but your inward parts are full of ravening and wickedness.  40Ye fools did not he that made that which is without: make that which is within also?  41Nevertheless ye give of that ye have, and behold all is clean to you.  42But woe be to you pharisees, for ye tithe the mint, and rue, and all manner herbs, and pass over judgement, and the love of God. These ought ye to have done, and not to have left the other undone.  43Woe be to you pharisees: for ye love the uppermost seats in the synagogues, and greetings in the markets.  44Woe be to you scribes and pharisees hypocrites, for ye are as graves which appear not; And men that walk over them, are not ware of them.  45Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him: Master, thus saying, thou puttest us to rebuke also.  46Then he said: Woe be to you also ye lawyers: for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be born, and ye yourselves touch not the packs with one of your fingers.  47Woe be to you that build the sepulchers of the prophets: for your fathers killed them:  48Truly ye bear witness, that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they killed them, and ye build their sepulchers.  49Therefore said the wisdom of God: I will send them prophets and apostles, and of them they shall slay and persecute:  50That the blood of all prophets, which was shed from the beginning of the world, may be required of this generation,  51from the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacary, which perished between the altar and the temple. Verily I say unto you: it shall be required of this nation.  52Woe be to you lawyers: for ye have taken away the key of knowledge, ye entered not in yourselves, and them that came in ye forbade.  53When he thus spake unto them, the lawyers, and the pharisees, began to wax busy about him and to stop his mouth with many questions;  54Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something of his mouth, whereby they might accuse him.  

An Angel shews us the mystery in Revelation 17
Rv. 17:9-11
jadmin
Site Admin

What is antichrist?

Postby jadmin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Excerpt from W.T.'s preaface to the parable of the Wicked mammon

Mark this also above all things, --that Antichrist is not an outward thing, that is to say, a man that should suddently appear with wonders, as our fathers talked of him. No, verily; for Antichrist is a spiritual thing. And is as much to say as against Christ; that is, one that preacheth false doctrine, contrary to Christ. Antichrist was in the Old Testament, and fought with the prophets; he was also in the time of Christ and the apostles, as thou readest in the Epistles of John, and of Paul to the Corinthians and Galatians, and other Epistles. Antichrist is now, and shall, (I doubt not) endure till the world's end. But his nature is (when he is uttered and overcome with the word of God) to go out of the play for a season, and to disguise himself, and then to come in again with a new name and new raiment. As thou seest how Christ rebuketh the Scribes and the Pharisees in the gospel, (which were very Antichrists,) saying, "Woe be to you, Pharisees, for ye rob widows' houses; ye pray long prayers under a colour; ye shut up the kingdom of heaven, and suffer them not that would to enter in; ye have taken away the key of knowledge; ye make men break God's commandments with your traditions; ye beguile the people with hypocrisy and such like; Which things all our prelates do, but have yet gotten them new names, and other garments, and are otherwise disguised. There is difference in the names between a pope, a cardinal, a bishop, and so forth, and to say a scribe, a pharisee, a senior, and so forth; but the thing is all one. Even so now, when we have uttered him, he will change himself once more, and turn himself into angel of light. (2 Cor. xi.) Read the place, I exhort thee, whatsoever thou art that readest this, and note it well. The Jews look for Christ, and he is come fifteen hundred years ago, and they not aware: we also have looked for Antichrist, and he hath reigned as long, and we not aware; and that because either of us looked carnally for him, and not in the places where we ought to have sought. The Jews had found Christ verily if they had sought him in the law and the prophets, wither Christ sendeth them to seek. (John v.) We also had spied out Antichrist long ago if we had looked in the doctrine of Christ and his apostles, where, because the beast seeth himself now to be sought for, he roareth, and seeketh new holes to hide himself in, and changeth himself into a thousand fashions, with all manner [of] wiliness, falsehood, subtilty, and craft. Because that his excommunications are come to light, he maketh it treason unto the king to be acquaintd with Christ. If Christ and they may not reign together, one hope we have that Christ shall live ever. The old Antichrists brought Christ unto Pilate, saying, By our law he ought to die; and when Pilate bade them judge him after their law, they answered, It is not lawful for us to kill any man; which they did to the intent that they which regarded not the shame of their false excommunications, should yet fear to confess Christ, because that the temporal sword had condemned him. THey do all things of a good zeal, they say; they love you so well, that they had rather burn you, than that you should have fellowship with Christ. They are jealous over you amiss, (as saith St. Paul Gal. iv.) They would divide you from Christ and his holy Testament, and join you to the pope, to believe in his testament and promises. Some man will ask, peradaventure, WHy I take the labour to make this work, inasmuch as they will burn it, seeing they burnt the gospel? I answer, In burning the New Testament they did none other thing than that I looked for, no more shall they do if they burn me also, if it be God's will it shall be.
Nevertheless, in translating the New Testament I did my duty, and so do I now, and will do as much more as God hath ordained me to do. And as I offered that to all men to correct it, whosoever could, even so I do this. Whosoever, therefore, readeth this, compare it unto the Scripture. If God's word bear record unto it, and thou also feelest in thine heart that it is so, be of good comfort, and give God thanks. If God's word condemn it, then hold it accursed, and so do all other doctrines: as Paul counselleth his Galatians:--Believe not every spirit suddenly, but judge them by the word of God, which is the trial of all doctrine, and lasteth for ever. Amen.

1 John 2:15-22
15See that ye love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the father is not in him.  16For all that is in the world (as the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of goods) is not of the father: but of the world.  17And the world vanisheth away, and the lust thereof: but he that fulfilleth the will of God, abideth ever.  18Little children it is the last time, and as ye have heard how the antichrist shall come: even now are there many antichrists come already, whereby we know that it is the last time.  19They went out from us but they were not of us. For if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us. But that fortuned that it might appear, that they were not of us.  20And ye have an ointment of the holy ghost, and ye know all things.  21I wrote not unto you, as though ye knew not the truth: but as though ye knew it, and know also that no lie cometh of truth.  22Who is a liar: but he that denieth that Jesus is Christ? he is the antichrist that denieth the father and the son.  

1 John 4:2-3
2Hereby shall ye know the spirit of God. Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, is of God.  3And every spirit which confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, is not of God. And this is that spirit of antichrist, of whom ye have heard, how that he should come: and even now already is he in the world.  
1Jo 4:2 .. "ιησουν χριστον εν σαρκι εληλυθοτα"
Translated: Iesus Christ is come in the flesh
<(εληλυθοτα)> is come

2 John 1:7-9
7For many deceivers are entered into the world, which confess not that Jesus Christ is como in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.  8Look on yourselves, that we loose not that we have wrought: but that we may have a full reward.  9Whosoever transgresseth and bideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that endureth in the doctrine of Christ, hath both the father, and the son.  
2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, which confess not that Jesus Christ is como <(ερχομενον: as coming, or returning)> in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Excerpts from William Tyndale's commentary on 1 John[1]

Little children it is now the last houre, and as ye have heard that Antichrist shoulde come: even so now are many Antichrists come already: whereby we know that it is the last hour. They went out of us, but were none of us: for had they bene of us, they had continued with us. But that fortuned that it might appeare, how they were not all of us.[2]

"Hour" is here taken for "time." The last hour is as much to say, the last time. Though the Apostles might not know when the last day shall be and how long the world will endure, yet this was showed them, then us by them, that Antichrist should first come[3]; and not only come, but also prevail and be reckoned after a worldly manner, and reign over all; setting up a long continuing kingdom[4] with damnable sects and wonderful kinds of hypocrisy, that is to say, falsehood cloaked under a contrary pretence, as testified Paul and also Peter.[5] This Antichrist began with the Apostles, sowing his doctrine among the doctrine of the Apostles, preaching many things as did the Apostles, while adding ever somewhat of his own, that the weeds might ever grow up with the corn. Of which John gathered a sign: that the last day drew nigh, though he could not be sure how long it were thereto.

Antichrist is one of the first who sees the light, and who comes and preaches Christ for a while, seeking his glory in Christ's Gospel. But when he discovers that there will be no glory for himself besides that of preaching, then he goes and preaches that doctrine which is contrary to Christ. If he cannot disguise himself, nor his scheming, whereby his poisoned heresy is hidden under the bait of true doctrine, then is he a professed and open enemy.

The Apostles were clear-eyed and spied Antichrist at once, and put him to flight, weeding out his doctrine quickly. But when charity waxed cold, and the preachers began to seek themselves and to admit glory, and honor of riches, then Antichrist disguised himself after the fashion of a true Apostle and preached Christ with subtlety and cunning, bringing in first this tradition, later that tradition, darkening the doctrine of Christ, and setting up innumerable ceremonies, Sacraments and images, giving them significations at first, but later their signification was set aside, and works were instead preached as holy deeds to justify, to put away sin, and to save the soul. Antichrist taught that men should put their trust in works and whatsoever was unto his glory and profit; and under the name of Christ ministered, leaving Christ out altogether, becoming head of the congregation himself.

The Pope made a law of his own to rule his church by, putting Christ's law out of the way. All the Bishops were under the Pope, and all Curates under the Bishops, but all renounce, under oath, Christ and his doctrine.

But seeing John took a sign of the last day that he saw Antichrist begin, how near ought we to think that it is, which after 800 years, reigning in prosperity, see it decay again, and his falsehood to be now disclosed, and him to be slain with the spirit of the mouth of Christ; that is, with that old doctrine that proceedeth out of Christ's mouth. For Paul saith when Antichrist is utterly [destroyed], then cometh the end.

But ye have anoyntyng of that holy, and knowe all thyng, I write not unto you as though ye knew not the truth, but as unto them that know it, and how that no lye is of the truth.[6]

Christ in the Scripture is called the holy because he only sanctifieth and halloweth us. And he is called Christ, that is to say, anointed, because he anointeth our souls with the holy ghost and with all the gifts of the same. Ye are not anointed with oil in your bodies, but with the spirit of Christ in your souls; which spirit teacheth you all truth in Christ and maketh you to judge what is a lie and what is truth, and to know Christ from Antichrist. For except he taught your souls within, the pouring of words into your ears would be in vain. For they must be all taught of God, John 6:45. And the things of God no man knoweth, save the spirit of God; and the carnal man knoweth not the things of the spirit of God. On the contrary, the spiritual that is anointed with the spirit judgeth all things, 1 Cor. 2:11-15. Therefore, we are forbidden to call any of us Master upon earth, Matt. 23:10, seeing we have all one Master now who is in heaven who only teaches us with his spirit, though by the administration and office of a faithful preacher.

God freely chooses some men to salvation without respect to anything foreseen in man [7]

The same preacher cannot make his preaching [take root and] spring up in the heart, no more than a sower can make his corn grow, nor can he say "this man shall receive, and this not." His is to sow the word only, committing the growing to God, whose spirit breatheth where he listeth, and maketh the ground of whose heart he wishes fruitful, and chooseth whom he will at his own pleasure, and for no other cause known unto man.

Who is a lyer but he that denyeth Iesus is Christ? The same is Antichrist that denyeth the father and the sonne.

Forasmuch as Antichrist and Christ are two contraries, and the endeavor of Antichrist is to quench the name of Christ, [it is asked by our adversaries] how can the Pope and his sects be Antichrist when they all preach Christ? Say I again to thee, how was Pelagius Antichrist, whose doctrine the Pope defendeth in the highest degree, and how were all other heretics Antichrist? Verily, Sylvester the Pope did what all heretics do -- he abused the name of Christ. He gathered offerings, tithes and rents in Christ's name, bestowing them to his own honor and not Christ's. He brought the conscience of the people into captivity through superstitious fear, as though such authority was given him by Christ. And every syllable [in Scripture] that sounded as though it fit his purpose, he expoundeth it falsely and fleshly, and therewith deceived and bewitched the ears of the people, making them his own possession, to believe what he wished, as though it made no difference to them if he preached true or false; so they believed and did as he biddeth them.

But all the texts which show the Pope his duty, he puts out of the way, including all the texts which set the conscience at liberty in Christ, as well as those which prove salvation to be in Christ only. With Pelagius he preacheth the justifying of works, which is the denying of Christ. He preacheth a false binding and loosing by confession to a priest which is not [grounded] in the trust and confidence of Christ's shed blood. He preacheth the false penance of deeds, neglecting to preach that we rein the flesh so that we sin no more. Rather, he teaches that we make satisfaction to redeem our past sins. What else can this be but the denying of Christ, who alone made redemption for our sin? The Pope maketh of the works of the ceremonies, which were customarily used to be signs and remembrances of things to be believed or done, service unto God and his Saints which are spirits, to purchase with their merits whatsoever the blind soul imagines. All are the denying of Christ. For if thou wilt receive an anointing of grace or mercy from anywhere besides Christ, he is no longer Christ unto thee.

Christ is called Jesus, a Saviour. He is called Christus, king anointed over all men whom they must hold, and whose benefit must they all have. He is called Emanuel, God is with us, for he only maketh God our God, our strength, power, sword and shield, and shortly, our father. He is called Sanctus, that is, "holy", who hallows, sanctifies, and blesses all nations. And these be his names forever, and are no names of hypocrisy?..[But not so with those we] call Curates which "care" for their parishes as the wolf for the flock; and Bishops that are [called] "overseers," which will so oversee that they will suffer naught to be prosperous, except their own commonwealth; and some [clergy] who call themselves "dead" which live in all voluptuousness; and some who call themselves "poor" who [allegedly] have nothing proper and yet live in all abundance; as well as they that shave and disguise themselves with garments and ornaments to signify that which is contrary to who it is they really are.

Nay, Christ is no hypocrite. Nor is he disguised as is one who plays a part in a stage play, representing a person or state which he is not. He is always that which he name signifies. He is ever a Savior, and ever anointed with grace, or to set God at one with men. And these things which his name signify are those which he does for the repentant sinners who have trust and confidence in his blood that they might be saved and sanctified.

Now, though the Pope and his sects give Christ these names, yet they rob him of the effect, taking their significations unto themselves, making of him a hypocrite, as they are themselves. They be right Antichrists who deny both the father and the son. For they deny the witness the father bare unto his son, as they deny the son of all power and glory that his father gave him.

Whosoever denyeth the sonne, the same hath not the father.

For no man knoweth the father but the son and to whom the son sheweth him, Matt.11. Moreover, if thou know not the mercy that God hath shewed thee in Christ, thou canst not know him as a father. Thou may well, without Christ, know him as a tyrant. And thou may know there is a God by his works, as the old philosophers did. But thou can neither believe in his mercy, nor love his laws, through which we worship him in the Spirit, except by Christ.

Let therefore abide in you that which ye heard at the beginning. If that which ye heard at the beginning shall remain in you, then shall ye continue in the Sonne, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, everlasting life.

If we abide in the old doctrine which the Apostles taught, and harken to no new one; then we abide in the Son and the Father (for they build upon the Son), through confidence in the Son, and are heirs of everlasting life.

These things have I written unto you because of them that deceive you. And the anointing that ye received of him dwelleth in you and ye need not that any man teache you, but as that anointing teacheth you of all things, and is true, and is of no lye: Even as it hath taught you, so abide therein.

When a true teacher preacheth, the Spirit entereth the hearts of the elect and maketh them feel the righteousness of the law of God, and by the law, the poison of their corrupt nature,[4] and thence leadeth them through repentance unto the mercy that is in Christ's blood. As an ointment heals the body, even so, the Spirit, through confidence in Christ's blood, heals the soul, making it love the law of God; and therefore is called anointing or ointment, and may well be signified by the oil of our sacrament. But outward oil, as a sign, can never heal the soul, nor make it feel safe. In like manner, neither is a drink at a tavern, though it quenches a man's thirst, to have our trust. Let us, therefore, follow the teaching of the Spirit which we have received, (as Paul says), an earnest, to certify our hearts, and to make us feel the things of God, and not cleave to the traditions of men,[9] in which is no feeling, but only confirms their assertions through glorious persuasions of human wisdom, but not after the wisdom of God?

And now little children abide in him, that when hee shall appeare we many have confidence, and not bee made ashamed of hym at hys commyng.

Here are two things to be marked. One, if we cleave unto Christ after the doctrine of the Apostles, and as they built upon him, we shall be bold and sure of ourselves at his coming. It is also true that, in his master's absence, a servant, who does only his master?s commandments, cannot be confounded at his coming home again.[10] But, and if, we follow men's doctrine, how can we be bold? Yea, how should we not be ashamed with our teachers, unto whom then he shall say (when they boast themselves how they have been his vicars),[11] I know you not; depart from me ye that have wrought wickedness,[12] and in my name have brought in damnable sects,[13] and have taught your disciples to believe in other things besides me. Now the sum of all that the Apostles taught and how they built upon Christ is the new testament. But the pope's doctrine is not found there; it is unproved [by Scripture]. Therefore, he shall be confounded, he who wittingly and willingly shuts his eyes at the true light, opening them only to believe his lies.

Another [point made by the above Scripture verse] is this: All the scripture maketh mention of the resurrection and coming again of Christ. All men, both who went before and come after, shall then receive their rewards together. We are commanded to look every hour for that day. And what is done upon the souls departing their bodies unto that day, the Scripture makes no mention, but only that they rest in the Lord and in their faith. Wherefore if someone declares doctrine regarding the state of the soul after death teaches the presumptuous imaginations of his own brain.[14] Neither can his doctrine be an article of our faith. What God does with [those who die in the Lord] is a secret laid up in the treasury of God. And we ought to be patient, being certain of the scripture, that they which die in the faith are at rest, and ought not to search that secret anymore than he ought not search the hour of the resurrection which God hath put in his own power.

But remember this, the whole nature of man is poisoned and infected with sin.[15] And his life of sin must be mortified. And the root of all sin and first vice with which we were infected is the sin of being wise above that which God hath taught us. This is seen in that Eve would have been as God in the knowledge of good and bad.[16] Therefore, hath God hid many things, and commanded that we shall seek none of his secrets further then what he hath opened to us in his scripture,[17] for the purpose of mortifying this particular poison of all poisons, which is the desire to appear wise and the shame we feel to be ignorant in anything at all. Wherefore, they who violently make articles of faith without God's word [as their authority] are still alive in the root of all sin and vice, and grow out of the devil and not out of Christ. And their articles are the blindness of the devil, not of the light of Christ, for Christ's light hath everywhere the testimony of the scripture.[18]

If ye know that he is righteous, know that all that woorke righteousnes are borne of him.

Our nature is to work wickedness and is blind to righteousness.[19] And then it follows that we must be born anew in Christ before we can either do or know what is righteous. And in him we must first be made righteous before we can work righteous works. This conclusion is contrary to that held by the Pope, for he says that works do make the man righteous. But Christ's doctrine says that the man makes the work righteous. The Pope's doctrine states, a righteous man springeth out of righteous works. But Christ's doctrine states, righteous works spring out of a righteous man, and a righteous man springeth out of Christ.[20] The Pope says, the works make the man righteous which before was wicked. Christ says, the works declare that the man is righteous, but the man was first made righteous in Christ, and the Spirit of Christ taught him what righteousness was, healing his heart, making him consent thereto, turning his desire to righteousness and the works thereof.[21]

--.Dearly beloved believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits whether they be of God. For many false Prophetes are gone out into the world.

By spirits are meant preachers. If the preaching or doctrine be good, it is of the Spirit of God. If it be evil, it is of the devil. We ought not believe every man's doctrine unadvisedly, or condemn any man's preaching before being heard or seen for what it is. It is the duty of every Christian man to examine, judge and try it, whether it be true or false. Quench not the Spirit, saith Paul, I Thess. Neither despise prophesyings, but prove all things, and keep that which is good.[22] Destroy not the gifts of the Spirit of God, but try whether they be of God, and good for the edifying of the congregation. Keep that which is good and refuse that which is evil. And suffer every person that hath any gift of God to serve God therein, in his degree and estate, after a Christian manner and a due order. Why try the doctrines? Verily, for there be many false prophets abroad already. I told you before that Antichrist should come, as our Master Christ told us he should come. But now I certify to you that Antichrist's kingdom is begun already. And his disciples are gone out to preach. Try, therefore, all doctrine. Wherewith shall we try it? With the doctrine of the Apostles, and with the Scripture which is the touchstone --- [23]

Hereby know ye the spirite of God. Every spirite that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God. And every spirite that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, is not of God. And the same is that spirit of Antichrist, of whom ye have heard that he should come. And even now he is in the world already.

Whatsoever opinion any member of Antichrist holdeth, the ground of all his doctrine is to destroy the article of our faith: that Christ is come in the flesh. For though the majority of all heretics is come in the flesh as they are in the flesh, yet they deny that he is come as the Scripture testifies and as the Apostles preached him to have come. The whole purpose of the devil and all his members is to destroy the hope and trust that we should have in Christ's flesh, and in those things which he suffered for us in his flesh, and in the Testament and promises of mercy which are made us in his flesh. For the Scripture testifieth that Christ hath taken away the sin of the world in his flesh, and that the same hour that he yielded up his Spirit into the hands of his Father, he had fully purged and made full satisfaction for all the sins of the world. So that all the sins of the world, both before and after his passion, must be put away through repentance toward the law and faith and trust in his blood; without respect for any other satisfaction, sacrifice or work.[24] For if I once sin the law rebuketh my conscience and sets variance between God and me. And I shall never be at peace with God again until I have heard the voice of his mouth, that my sin is forgiven me for Christ's blood sake. As soon as I believe this, I am at peace with God, Romans 5:1, and love his law again, working the work of love.

How Antichrist and his members deny Christ came in the flesh

And that Christ hath done this service in his flesh, deny all the members of Antichrist. And hereby thou shalt know them. All doctrine which is built upon Christ, which places trust in Christ and confidence in his blood,[25] is of God and is true doctrine. And all doctrine which withdraws hope and trust from Christ [alone] is of the devil and is the doctrine of Antichrist. Examine the Pope by this rule and thou shalt find that all he doth is to the destruction of this article. He wrests all the Scriptures, setting them clean against the whole counsel of God, in order to destroy this article. He ministers the very Sacraments of Christ unto the destruction of this article; and so does he with all other ceremonies, by his absolution, penance, purgatory, dispensations, pardons, vows, with all dissembling. The pope preaches that Christ is come to do away with all sins, yet not in the flesh, but in water, salt, oil, vows, ashes, friars' coats and monks' cowls, and in the vows of them that forswear matrimony to keep WHORES, and to swear poverty yet possess all the treasure, riches, wealth and pleasures of the world; and having vowed obedience, to disobey lawful authority, both of God and man. For in these hypocrisies and false sacrifices does he teach us to trust for the forgiveness of sins, and not in Christ's flesh [sacrificed for us].

Ye are of God little children, and have overcome them. For greater is he that is in you, then he that is in the world.

He that dwelleth in you and worketh in you through faith, is greater then he which dwelleth and worketh in them through unbelief. And in his strength ye abide by your profession, and confess your Lord Jesus, how he came in the flesh and hath purged the sin of all that believe in his flesh. And through that faith ye overcome them - even in the very torments of death. So that neither their deceptions, neither their pleasures, neither their threatenings, or their torments, or the very death wherewith they slay your bodies, can prevail against you.

They be of the world, and therefore they speak of the world, and the world attendeth[26] unto them. We bee of God: and hee that knoweth God heareth us. And he that is not of God heareth us not. And hereby we know the spirit of truth and the spirite of errour.

There are only two kinds of men in the world:
Those who belong to God and those who belong to the devil

There be and ever shall be two generations in the world: one of the devil, which naturally hearken unto the false Apostles of the devil because they speak so agreeably unto their natural complexion. And another of God, which harken unto the true Apostles of God, consenting to their doctrine. And this is a sure rule by which to judge all spirits, that we judge them to have the spirit of truth, which harken unto the true doctrine of Christ's Apostles; and also to judge them to have the spirit of error which hearken unto worldly and devilish doctrine, abhorring the preaching of the Apostles. And see whether the pope's doctrine be worldly or not, if pride and covetousness be worldly, ye and LECHERY, too. For what else do his doctrines consist of but benefices, promotions, dignities, bishoprics, cardinalships, vicarages, parsonages, prebends, change of bishoprics, resigning of benefices, of unions, pluralities, and that which cometh once into their hands may not leave their hands; yea, and of WHORES and CONCUBINES, and of capturing the consciences of the covetous. All that hearken to that doctrine abhor the doctrine of the Apostles, persecuting it and them that preach it--

--.Herein appeared the love of God unto us warde, because God sent his only sonne into the world, that we should live through hym. Herein is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent hys sonne, a satisfaction for our synnes.

Man's free will decision for Christ a damnable lie

If a man had once felt within his conscience the fierce wrath of God toward sinners, and the terrible and most cruel damnation that the law threatens: and then beheld with the eyes of a strong faith, the merciful favor and gracious taking away of the damnation of the law and the restoring again of life, freely offered us in Christ's blood, he should perceive love, and so much the more, that it was showed us when we were sinners and enemies of God, Romans 5, and that with all deservings, without our endeavoring, enforcing and preparing ourselves, without all good motions, qualities and properties of our freewill. But [he loved us] when our hearts were as dead unto all good working, as the members of him whose soul is departed. This truth I will prove to stop the blasphemous mouths of our adversaries [who preach man's freewill love of God]. I will from innumerable texts rehearse but one found in the beginning of the second chapter to the Ephesians, where Paul saith thus,

Ye were dead in trespass and sin in which ye walked according to the course of the world and after the governor who ruleth in the air, the spirit that worketh in the children of unbelief, among which we also had our conversation in time past, in the lusts of our flesh and of the mind (so that the flesh and the mind were in agreement to sin, the mind consenting as well as the flesh) and were by nature the children of wrath as well as others. But God being rich in mercy, through the great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sin, hath quickened us with Christ: for by grace are ye saved: and with him hath raised us by and with him made us sit in heavenly things through Jesus Christ, for to show in time to come the exceeding riches of his grace, in kindness to usward in Jesus Christ. For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: for it is the gift of God, and commeth not of works, lest any man should boast himself. But we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works, unto which God ordained us before that we should walk in them.

The text is plain. We were stone dead and without life or power to do or consent to good. Our whole nature was captive under the devil and led of his will. And we were as wicked as the devil now is (except he now sinneth against the holy ghost) and we consented unto sin with soul and body, and hated the law of God. But God of his grace only quickened us in Christ, and raised us out of that death and made us sit with Christ in heavenly things. That is, he set our hearts at rest and made us sit secure in the life of Christ's doctrine, immoveable from the love of Christ. And finally, our second birth is God's workmanship and creation in Christ, so that as he which is yet unmade hath no life nor power to work, neither did we until we were made again in Christ. The preaching of mercy in Christ quickened our hearts through faith, wrought by the spirit of Christ which God placed in our hearts before we were wise--.

[1] Originally published, 1531. Our source: THE WHOLE workes of W. Tyndall, John Frith, and Doct. Barnes, three worthy Martyrs, and principal teachers of this Church of England, collected and compiled in one Tome together, being before scattered, & now in Print here exhibited to the Church. To the prayse of God, and proffite of all good Christian Readers, (London: John Daye, 1573); pp.406-417. Slight alterations in text by this present editor are for ease in comprehension only. Footnotes and paragraph headings have been added by this editor.

[2] 1 John 2:18-19.

[3] Antichrist should come before Christ ever comes, negating "secret" Rapture theory.

[4] Antichrist will not be one person who comes in the last 3 1/2 years of the world, but will reign as a succession and dynasty for ages.

[5] E.g., II Thess. 2; Acts 20:28-31; 2 Peter 2, etc.

[6] 1 John 2:20-21.

[7] Header inserted by this editor.

[8] I.e., A depraved nature, which all have.

[9] I.e., to rely on the Bible alone as our rule of faith.

[10] Matt. 24:45-47.

[11] I.e., The popes, who claim to be Vicars of Christ.

[12] Matt. 7:23.

[13] 2 Peter 2:1.

[14] I.e., The Roman Catholic doctrine of Purgatory.

[15] I.e., a sin nature which is totally depraved.

[16] I.e., the doctrine of original sin.

[17] Deut. 29:29.

[18] I.e., Sola Scriptura: Scripture alone is our rule of faith.

[19] John 3:3; Romans 3:10-20.

[20] I.e., the tree makes the fruit good, the fruit does not make the tree good. A good tree gives good fruit. Matt. 3:10; 7:17-20; 12:33.

[21] I.e., Regeneration by the Spirit must proceed anything righteous in the man, whether thoughts, words or deeds.

[22] 1 Thess. 5:19-21.

[23] Scripture alone is our guide and rule of faith.

[24] I.e., Faith alone in Christ alone.

[25] I.e., Faith alone in the merits and person of Christ alone.

[26] I.e., listens and heeds.
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES