[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - BE SOBER AND VIGILANT

BE SOBER AND VIGILANT

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

BE SOBER AND VIGILANT

Postby jadmin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:29 am

Revelation 22:8-17
8I am John, which saw these things and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down, to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.  9And he said unto me: see thou do it not, for I am thy fellow servant and the fellow servant of thy brethren the prophets and of them which keep the sayings of this book. But worship God.  10And he said unto me: seal not the sayings of prophesy of this book. For the time is at hand.  11He that doth evil, let him do evil still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be more righteous: and he that is holy, let him be more holy.  12And behold I come shortly, and my reward with me, to give every man according as his deeds shall be.  13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that their power may be in the tree of life, and may enter in thorow the gates into the city.  15For with out shall be dogs and enchanters, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth or maketh leasings.  16I Jesus sent mine angel, to testify unto you these things in the congregations. I am the root and the generation of David, and the bright morning star.  17And the spirit and the bride said come. And let him that heareth, say also come. And let him that is a thirst come. And let whosoever will, take of the water of life free.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible

Galatians 6:1-6
1Brethren, if any man be fallen by chance into any fault: ye which are spiritual, help to amend him, in the spirit of meekness: considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.  2Bear ye one another's burden: and so fulfil the law of Christ.  3If a man seem to himself that he is somewhat when indeed he is nothing, the same deceiveth himself in his imagination.  4Let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in his own self, and not in another.  5For every man shall bear his own burden.  6Let him that is taught in the word, minister unto him that teacheth him in all good things.  

John 3:16-21
16 God so loved the world, that he gave his only son for the intent, that none that believe in him, should perish: But should have everlasting life.  17For God sent not his son into the world, to condemn the world: But that the world through him, might be saved.  18He that believeth on him shall not be condemned. But he that believeth not, is condemned all ready, because he believeth not in the name of the only son of God.  19And this is the condemnation: Light is come into the world, and the men have loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil.  20For every man that evil doeth, hateth the light: neither cometh to light, lest his deeds should be reproved.  21But he that doth truth, cometh to the light, that his deeds might be known, how that they are wrought in God.  

Ephesians 2:8-10
8For by grace are ye made safe thorow faith, and that not of your selves: For it is the gift of God,  9and cometh not of works, lest any man should boast himself.  10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesu unto good works, unto the which God ordained us before, that we should walk in them.  

Titus 3:8
This is a true saying. Of these things I would thou shouldest certify, that they which believe God, might be studious to go forward in good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Prove yourselves whether ye are in the faith or not. Examine your own selves: know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you? except ye be castaways.

1 John 2:4-6
4He that saith I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the verity is not in him.  5Whosoever keepeth his word, in him is the love of God perfect in deed. And thereby know we that we are in him.  6He that saith he bideth in him, ought to walk even as he walked.  

1 Corinthians 3:1-17
1And I could not speak unto you brethren as unto spiritual: but as unto carnal, even as it were unto babes in Christ.  2I gave you milk to drink and not meat. For ye then were not strong, no neither yet are strong.  3For ye are yet carnal. As long verily as there is among you envying, strife and dissension: are ye not carnal, and walk after the manner of men?  4As long as one saith: I hold of Paul, and another, I am of Apollo, are ye not carnal?  5What is Paul? what thing is Apollo? but ministers by whom ye believed even as the Lord gave every man grace.  6I have planted: Apollo watered: but God gave increase.  7So then, neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth: but God which gave the increase.  8He that planteth, and he that watereth, are neither better than the other. Every man yet shall receive his reward according to his labour.  9We are God's laborers: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.  10According to the grace of God given unto me, as a wise builder have I laid the foundation, another hath built thereon: but let every man take heed how he buildeth upon.  11For other foundation can no man lay, than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  12If any man build on this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, timber, hay, or stubble:  13every man's work shall appear. For the day shall declare it, and it shall be shewed in fire, and the fire shall try every man's work what it is.  14If any man's work that he hath built upon, bide, he shall receive a reward.  15If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he shall be safe himself: nevertheless yet as it were thorow fire.  16Are ye not ware that ye are the temple of God, and how that the spirit of God dwelleth in you?  17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy. For the temple of God is holy, which temple are ye.  

1 Corinthians 6:9-20
9Do ye not remember how that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived. For neither fornicators, neither worshippers of images, neither whoremongers, neither weaklings, neither abusers of themselves with mankind,  10neither thieves, neither the covetous, neither drunkards, neither cursed speakers, neither pillers, shall inherit the kingdom of God.  11And such were ye verily: but ye are washed: ye are sanctified: ye are justified by the name of the Lord Jesus: And by the spirit of our God.  12All things are lawful unto me: but all things are not profitable. I may do all things: but I will be brought under no man's power.  13Meats are ordained for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both him and them. Let not the body be applied unto fornication, but unto the Lord, and the Lord unto the body.  14God hath raised up the Lord, and shall raise us up by his power.  15Other remember ye not, that your bodies are the members of Christ? Shall I now take the members of Christe, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.  16Do ye not understand that he which coupleth himself with an harlot, is become one body? For two (saith he) shall be one flesh:  17but he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.  18Flee fornication. All sins that a man doth, are without the body. But he that is a fornicator, sinneth against his own body.  19 Know ye not how that your bodies are the temple of the holy ghost, which is in you, whom he have of God, and how that ye are not your own?  20For ye are dearly bought. Therefore glorify ye God in your bodies and in your spirits, for they are God's.  

Isaiah 5:11
Woe unto them that rise up early to use themselves in drunkenness, and yet at night are more superfluous with wine.

Proverbs 23:29-35
29Where is woe? where is sorrow? where is strife? where is brawling? where are wounds without cause? where be reed eyes?  30Even among those that be ever at the wine, and seek out where the best is.  31Look not thou upon the wine, how red it is, and what a color it giveth in the glass.  32It goeth down softly, but at the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth as an adder.  33So shall thine eyes look unto strange women, and thine heart shall muse upon froward things.  34Yea thou shalt be as though thou slept in the middest of the sea, or on the top of the mast.  35They wounded me (shalt thou say) but it hath not hurt me, they smote me, but I felt it not. When I am well awakened, I will go to the drink again.  

Galatians 5:19-21
19The deeds of the flesh are manifest, which are these, advoutry, fornication, uncleanness, wantonness,  20idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, lawing, zeal, wrath, strife, sedition, part takings,  21envying, murder, drunkenness, gluttony, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have told you in time past, that they which commit such things shall not be inheritors of the kingdom of God:  

Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a voluptuous thing, and drunkenness causes sedition: whoso delighteth therein, shall never be wise.

Ephesians 5:5
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, either unclean person, or covetous person (which is the worshipper of images) hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ, and of God.

1 Corinthians 8:1-12
1To speak of things dedicated unto idols, we are sure that we all have knowledge. Knowledge maketh a man swell: but love edifieth.  2If any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.  3But if any man love God, the same is known of him.  4To speak of meat dedicated unto idols, we are sure that there is none idol in the world: and that there is none other God but one.  5And though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth (as there be gods many and lords many)  6but unto us is there one God, which is the father, of whom are all things, and we in him: and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.  7But every man hath not knowledge. For some suppose that there is an idol, until this hour, and eat as of a thing offered unto the idol, and so their consciences being yet weak are defiled.  8Meat maketh us not acceptable to God: Neither if we eat are we the better: Neither if we eat not are we the worse.  9But take heed that your liberty cause not the weak to fall.  10For if some man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple shall not the conscience of him which is weak be boldened to eat those things which are offered unto the idol?  11And so thorow thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish for whom Christ died.  12When we sin so against the brethren and wound their weak consciences, we sin against Christ.  

1 Timothy 1:9
understanding this, how that the law is not given unto a righteous man, but unto the unrighteous and disobedient, to the ungodly and to sinners, to unholy and unclean, to murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, to manslayers

Hebrews 12:14
Embrace peace with all men, and wholiness: without the which, no man shall see the Lord.

1 Peter 5:8-9
8Be sober and watch, for your adversary the devil as a roaring lion walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:  9whom resist steadfast in the faith, remembering that ye do but fulfil the same afflictions which are appointed to your brethren that are in the world.  

Ephesians 5:15-21
15Take heed therefore that ye walk circumspectly: not as fools: but as wise,  16redeeming the time: for the days are evil:  17wherefore, be ye not unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is,  18and be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess: but be fulfilled with the spirit,  19speaking unto yourselves in psalms, and hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and playing to the Lord in your hearts,  20giving thanks always for all things in the name of our Lord Jesu Christ to God the father:  21submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.  

1 Corinthians 15:20-34
20 Now is Christ risen from death, and is become the first fruits of them that slept.  21For by a man came death, and by a man came resurrection of death.  22For as by Adam all die: even so by Christ, shall all be made alive,  23and every man in his own order: The first is Christ, then they that are Christ's at his coming.  24Then cometh the end, when he hath delivered up the kingdom to God the father, when he hath put down all rule, authority, and power.  25For he must rule till he have put all his enemies under his feet.  26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest, that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  28When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.  29Other else what do they which are baptised over the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they baptised over the dead?  30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?  31by our rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesu our Lord, I die daily.  32That I have fought with beasts at Ephesus after the manner of men, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not again? Let us eat and drink, tomorrow we shall die.  33Be not deceived: malicious speakings corrupt good manners.  34Awake truly out of sleep, and sin not. For some have not the knowledge of God. I speak this unto your rebuke.  

Titus 2:1-5
1But speak thou that which becometh wholesome learning:  2That the elder men be sober, honest, discreet, sound in the faith, in love and in patience.  3And the elder women likewise that they be in such raiment, as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much drinking, but teachers of honest things,  4that they nurture the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,  5to be of honest behaviour, chaste, housewifely, good, and obedient unto their own husbands, that the word of God be not evil spoken of.  

1 Timothy 3:1-5
1This is a true saying: If a man covet the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.  2Yea and a bishop must be faultless, the husband of one wife, sober, of honest behavior, honestly apparelled, harborous, apt to teach,  3not drunken, no fighter, not given to filthy lucre: but gentle, abhorring fighting, abhorring covetousness,  4and one that ruleth his own house honestly, having children under obedience, with all honesty.  5For if a man cannot rule his own house, how shall he care for the congregation of God.  

1 Thessalonians 5:6
Therefore let us not sleep as do other: but let us watch and be sober.

2 Timothy 4:5
But watch thou in all things, and suffer adversity, and do the work of an evangelist, fulfil thine office unto the utmost. (Be sober.)

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
9I wrote unto you in the pistel that ye should not company with fornicators.  10And I meant not at all of the fornicators of this world, either of the covetous, or of extortioners, either of idolaters: for then must ye needs have gone out of the world:  11but now I have written unto you that ye company not together. If any that is called a brother, be a fornicator, or covetous, or a worshipper of images, either a railer, either a drunkard, or an extortioner: with him that is such see ye eat not.  12For what have I to do to judge them which are without? Do ye not judge them that are within?  13Them that are without, God shall judge. Put away from among you that evil person.  

1 Peter 4:7-17
7The end of all things is at hand. Be ye therefore discreet, and sober, that ye may be apt to prayers.  8But above all things have fervent love among you. For love covereth the multitude of sins.  9Be ye harborous, and that without grudging.  10As every man hath received the gift, minister the same one to another as good ministers of the manyfold grace of God.  11If any man speak, let him talk as though he speak the words of God. If any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God ministereth unto him. That God in all things may be glorified thorow Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and while the world standeth Amen.  12Dearly beloved, be not troubled in this heat, which now is come among you to try you, as though some strange thing had happened unto you:  13but rejoice inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's passions, that when his glory appeareth, ye may be merry and glad.  14Happy are ye when ye suffer rebuke for the name of Christ. For the spirit of glory and the spirit of God resteth upon you. On their part he is evil spoken of: but on your part he is glorified.  15See that none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or an evil doer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.  16If any man suffer as a Christian man, let him not be ashamed: but let him glorify God on this behalf.  17For the time is come that judgement must begin at the house of God. If it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them which believe not the gospel of God?  

Romans 12:1-21
1I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercifulness of God that ye make your bodies a quick sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God which is your reasonable serving of God.  2And fashion not yourselves like unto this world: But be ye changed in your shape, by the renewing of your wits, that ye may feel what thing that good, that acceptable, and perfect will of God is.  3For I say (thorow the grace that unto me given is) to every man among you, that no man esteem of himself more than it becometh him to esteem: But that he discreetly judge of himself according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.  4As we have many members in one body: and all members have not one office:  5So we being many are one body in Christ: and every man (among ourselves) one another's members.  6Seeing that we have divers gifts according to the grace that is given unto us, if any man have the gift of prophecy, let him have it that it be agreeing unto the faith.  7Let him that hath an office, wait on his office.  8Let him that teacheth take heed to his doctrine. Let him that exhorteth give attendance to his exhortation. If any man give, let him do it with singleness. Let him that ruleth do it with diligence. If any man shew mercy let him do it with cheerfulness.  9Let love be without dissimulation. Hate that which is evil, and cleave unto that which is good.  10Be kind one to another, with brotherly love. In giving honour go one before another.  11Let not that business which ye have in hand be tedious to you. Be fervent in the spirit. Apply yourselves to the time.  12Rejoice in hope. Be patient in tribulation, continue in prayer.  13Distribute unto the necessity of the saints.  14Bless them which persecute you: bless but curse not.  15Be merry with them that are merry. Weep with them that weep.  16Be of like affection one towards another. Be not high minded, but make yourselves equal to them of the lower sort. Be not wise in your own opinions.  17Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide aforehand things honest (not only before God, but also) in the sight of all men.  18If it be possible, yet on your part have peace with all men.  19Dearly beloved avenge not yourselves but give room unto the wrath of God. For it is written: vengeance is mine, and I will reward saith the Lord.  20Therefore if thine enemy hunger feed him: if he thirst, give him drink. For in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head:  21Be not overcome of evil: But overcome evil with goodness.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES