[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - Who is like the God of Israel?

Who is like the God of Israel?

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

Who is like the God of Israel?

Postby jadmin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Deuteronomy 32:8-9
8When the most highest gave the nations an inheritance, and divided the sons of Adam, he put the borders of the nations, fast by the multitude of the children of Israel.  9For the LORD's part is his folk, and Israel is the portion of his inheritance.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible

Exodus 24:17
And the fashion of the glory of the LORD was like consuming fire on the top of the hill in the sight of the children of Israel.

Hebrews 12:18-29
18For ye are not come unto the mount that is touched, and unto burning fire, nor yet to mist and darkness and tempest of weather,  19neither unto the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words: which voice they that heard it, wished away, that the communication should not be spoken to them.  20For they were not able to abide that which was spoken. If a beast had touched the mountain, it must have been stoned, or thrust thorow with a dart:  21even so terrible was the sight which appeared. Moses said I fear and quake.  22But ye are come unto the mount Sion, and to the city of the living God, the celestial Jerusalem: and to an innumerable sight of angels,  23and unto the congregation of the first born sons, which are written in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of Just and perfect men,  24and to Jesus the mediator of the new testament, and to the sprinkling of blood that speaketh better than the blood of Abel.  25See that ye despise not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not which refused him that spake on earth: Much more shall we not escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:  26whose voice then shook the earth, and now declareth saying: yet once more will I shake, not the earth only, but also heaven.  27No doubt the same that he sayeth, yet once more, signifieth the removing a way of those things which are shaken, as of things which have ended their course: that the things which are not shaken may remain.  28Wherefore if we receive a kingdom which is not moved, we have grace, whereby we may serve God and please him with reverence and godly fear.  29For our God is a consuming fire.  

Psalms 24:1-9
1((A Psalm of David.)) The earth is the LORD's, and all that therein is: the compass of the world, and all that dwell therein.  2For he hath founded it upon the seas, and builded it upon the floods.  3Who shall go up in to the hill of the LORD? Or, who shall remain in his holy place?  4Even he that hath innocent hands, and a clean heart: which lifteth not up his mind unto vanity, and swear not to deceive.  5He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and mercy from God his saviour.  6This is the generation of them that seek him, of them that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah;  7Open your gates (O ye princes) let the everlasting doors be open, that the King of glory may come in.  8Who is this King of glory? It is the LORD strong and mighty, even the LORD mighty in battle.  9Open your gates (O ye princes) let the everlasting doors be open, that the King of glory may come in.  

1 Kings 18:21-40
21And Eliah came unto all the people and said: why halt ye between two opinions? If the LORD be very God, follow him: or if Baal be he follow him. And the people answered him not one word.  22Then said Eliah unto the people: I onely remain of the LORD's Prophets, and Baal's Prophets are four hundredth and fifty.  23Let two oxen be given us, and let them choose the one and cut him in pieces and lay him on wood, and put no fire under. And I will dress the other and put him on wood, and will put no fire under.  24And call ye on the name of your God, and I will call on the name of the LORD. And then the God that answereth by fire, he is the very God. And all the people said: it is well spoken.  25Then said Eliah unto the Prophets of Baal, choose you an ox and dress him first (for ye are many) and call on the name of your God, but put no fire under.  26And they took the ox that was given them and dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning to noon saying: O Baal hear us. But there was no voice nor answer. And they leapt about the altar that they had made.  27And at noon Eliah mocked them and said: call loud (for he is a God: but he is talking, or occupied, or in the way, or haply he sleepeth) that he may awake.  28And they cried loud, and cut themselves, as their manner was, with knives and lances, till the blood flowed on them.  29And when midday was passed, they prophesied until it was time to offer. But there was neither voice nor answer nor any that regarded them.  30Then Eliah said to all the folk: come to me. And all the people came to him. And he mended the altar of the LORD that was broken.  31And he took twelve stones according to the number of the twelve tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came saying: Israel shall be thy name.  32And with the stones he made an altar in the name of the LORD. And he made a gutter round about the altar, able to receive two pecks of corn.  33And he put the wood in order, and hewed the ox in pieces, and put him on the wood,  34and said: fill four pitchers with water and pour it on the sacrifice and on the wood. And he said: do so again. And they did so again. Then he said: do it the third time. And they did so the third time.  35And the water ran round about the altar, and the gutter was full of water also.  36And when offering time was come, Eliah the prophet went to and said: LORD God of Abraham, Isaac and of Israel, let it be known this day, that thou art the God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I do all these things at thy commandment.  37Hear me O LORD, hear me, that this people may know, that thou LORD, art the God, and that thou hast turned their hearts backward.  38And there fell fire from the LORD and consumed the sacrifice and the wood and the stones and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the gutter.  39And when all the people saw that, they fell on their faces and said: the LORD he is God, the LORD he is God.  40Then said Eliah unto them, lay hands on the Prophets of Baal, let not one of them escape. And when they had taken them, Eliah brought them down unto the brook Kison, and slew them there.  

Luke 9:52-56
52and sent messengers before him. And they went, and entered into a city of the Samaritans to make ready for him.  53And they would not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.  54When his disciples, James, and John, saw that, they said: Lord, wilt thou that we command, that fire come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Helias did?  55Jesus turned about, and rebuked them saying: ye wot not what manner spirit ye are of.  56The son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another town.  

Luke 22:35-51
35And he said unto them: when I sent you without wallet, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye anything? And they said, nothing.  36And he said to them: But now he that hath a wallet let him take it, and likewise his scrip. And he that hath no sword, let him sell his coat and buy one.  37 I say unto you that yet, that which is written must be performed in me (Even with the wicked was he numbered) for those things which are written of me have an end.  38And they said: Lord, behold here are two swords. And he said unto them: it is enough.  39And he came out, and went as he was wont to mount Olivete. And the disciples followed him.  40And when he came to the place, he said to them: Pray lest ye fall into temptation.  41And he gat himself from them, about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,  42saying: Father if thou wilt, withdraw this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will; But thine be fulfilled.  43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, comforting him.  44And he was in agony, and prayed somewhat longer. And his sweat was like drops of blood, trickling down to the ground.  45And he rose up from prayer, and came to his disciples, and found them sleeping for sorrow,  46and said unto them: Why sleep ye? Rise, and pray lest ye fall into temptation.  47While he yet spake: behold, there came a company, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and pressed nigh unto Jesus to kiss him.  48 Jesus said unto him: Judas betrayest thou the son of man with a kiss?  49When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him. Lord, shall we smite with a sword.  50And one of them smote a servant of him which was the chief priest of all, and smote off his right ear.  51 Jesus answered and said: Suffer ye thus far forth. And he touched his ear, and healed him.  

Mark 14:33-36
33And he took with him Peter, James, and John, and he began to wax abashed and to be in an agony.  34And said unto them: My soul is very heavy even unto the death, tarry here and watch.  35And he went forth a little and fell down on the ground and prayed: That if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.  36And he said: Abba father, all things are possible unto thee, take away this cup from me. Nevertheless not that I will, but that thou wilt be done.  

Luke 22:43
And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, comforting him.

Matthew 26:45-55
45Then came he to his disciples and said unto them: Sleep henceforth, and take your rest. Take heed the hour is at hand, and the son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of sinners.  46Rise, let us be going, he is at hand that shall betray me.  47While he yet spake, lo, Judas one of the twelve came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, which were sent from the chief priests and seniors of the people.  48 He that betrayed him, gave them a token, saying: Whosoever I kiss, that same is he, lay hands on him.  49And forthwith-all he came to Jesus, and said: Hail master. And kissed him.  50And Jesus said unto him: friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they and laid hands on Jesus and took him.  51And behold, one of them which were with Jesus, stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest, and smote off his ear.  52Then said Jesus unto him: Put up thy sword into his sheath. For all they that lay hands on the sword, shall perish with the sword.  53Either thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my father, and he shall give me (even now) more than twelve legions of angels?  54 How then should the scriptures be fulfilled, for so must it be.  55The same time said Jesus to the multitude: Ye be come out as it were unto a thief, with swords and staves for to take me: daily I sat among you teaching in the temple, and ye took me not.  

John 18:4-11
4Then Jesus knowing all things that should come on him, went forth and said unto them: whom seek ye?  5They answered him: Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus said unto them: I am he. Judas also which betrayed him, stood with them.  6 As soon as he had said unto them I am he, they went backwards and fell to the ground.  7And he asked them again: whom seek ye? They said: Jesus of Nazareth.  8Jesus answered, I said unto you, I am he. If ye seek me, let these go their way.  9That the saying might be fulfilled which he spake: of them which thou gavest have I not lost one.  10Simon Peter had a sword, and drew him out, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.  11Then said Jesus unto Peter: put up thy sword into the sheath: shall I not drink of the cup which my father had given me?  

1 Corinthians 2:8
which wisdom none of the rulers of the world knew. For had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory:

1 Corinthians 7:19-40
19Circumcision is nothing, uncircumcision is nothing: but the keeping of the commandments of God is altogether.  20Let every man abide in the same state wherein he was called.  21Art thou called a servant? care not for it. Nevertheless if thou mayst be free, use it rather.  22For he that is called in the Lord being a servant, is the Lord's freeman. Likewise he that is called being free, is Christ's servant.  23Ye are dearly bought, be not men's servants.  24Brethren let every man wherein he is called, therein abide with God.  25As concerning virgins, I have no commandment of the Lord: yet give I counsel as one that hath obtained of the Lord to be faithful.  26I suppose that it is good for the present necessity. For it is good for a man so to be.  27Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.  28But and if thou take a wife, thou hast not sinned. Likewise if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned: nevertheless such shall have trouble in their flesh: but I favor you.  29This say I brethren, the time is short. It remaineth that they which have wives, be as though they had none:  30and they that weep, be as though they wept not: and they that rejoice, be as though they rejoiced not: And they that buy, be as though they possessed not:  31And they that use this world, be as though they used it not: For the fashion of this world goeth away.  32I would have you without care, the single man careth for the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord:  33but he that hath married, careth for the things of the world, how he may please his wife.  34There is difference between a virgin and a wife. The single woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be pure both in body and also in spirit: but she that is married, careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.  35This speak I for your profit, not to tangle you in a snare: but for that which is honest and comely unto you; And that ye may quietly cleave unto the Lord without separation.  36If any man think that it is uncomely for his virgin if she pass the time of marriage, and if so need require, let him do what he listeth, he sinneth not: let them be coupled in marriage.  37Nevertheless, he that purposeth surely in his heart, having none need: but hath power over his own will: and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doth well.  38So then he that joineth his virgin in marriage doth well. And he that joineth not his virgin in marriage doth better.  39The wife is bound to the law as long as her husband liveth. If her husband sleep, she is at liberty to marry with whom she will only in the Lord.  40But she is happier if she so abide, in my judgement. And I think verily that I have the spirit of God.  

2 Peter 3:9-18
9The Lord is not slack to fulfil his promise as some men count slackness: but is patient to us ward and would have no man lost, but would receive all men to repentance.  10Nevertheless the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in the which day, the heavens shall perish with terrible noise, and the elements shall melt with heat, and the earth with the works that are therein shall burn.  11If all these things shall perish, what manner persons ought ye to be in holy conversation, and godliness:  12looking for, and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens shall perish with fire, and the elements shall be consumed with heat.  13Nevertheless we look for a new heaven, and a new earth, according to his promise, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  14Wherefore dearly beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot and undefiled:  15And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health, even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you,  16yea, almost in every pistel speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction.  17Ye therefore beloved seeing ye are warned; Beware lest ye be also plucked away with the error of the wicked, and own steadfastness:  18but grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, and saviour Jesus Christ. To whom be glory both now and for ever, Amen.  

James 2:1
Brethren have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ the Lord of glory in respect of persons.

1 John 2:7-29
7Brethren I write no new commandment unto you: but that old commandment which ye heard from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye heard from the beginning.  8Again, a new commandment I write unto you, a thing that is true in him, and also in you: for the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.  9He that saith how that he is in the light, and yet hateth his brother, is in darkness even until this time.  10He that loveth his brother, abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of evil in him.  11He that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness: and cannot tell whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.  12Babes I write unto you how that your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.  13I write unto you fathers, how that ye have known him that was from the beginning. I write unto you young men, how that ye have overcome the wicked. I write unto you little children, how that ye have known the father.  14I write unto you fathers, how that ye have known him that was from the beginning. I write unto you young men, how that ye are strong: and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome that wicked.  15See that ye love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the father is not in him.  16For all that is in the world (as the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of goods) is not of the father: but of the world.  17And the world vanisheth away, and the lust thereof: but he that fulfilleth the will of God, abideth ever.  18Little children it is the last time, and as ye have heard how the antichrist shall come: even now are there many antichrists come already, whereby we know that it is the last time.  19They went out from us but they were not of us. For if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us. But that fortuned that it might appear, that they were not of us.  20And ye have an ointment of the holy ghost, and ye know all things.  21I wrote not unto you, as though ye knew not the truth: but as though ye knew it, and know also that no lie cometh of truth.  22Who is a liar: but he that denieth that Jesus is Christ? he is the antichrist that denieth the father and the son.  23Whosoever denieth the son, the same hath not the father. (he that knowledgeth the sonne, hath the father also)  24Let therefore abide in you that same which ye heard from the beginning. If that which ye heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the son, and in the father.  25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.  26This have I written unto you, as concerning them that deceive you.  27And the anointing which ye have received of him dwelleth in you. And ye need not that any man teach you: but as that anointing teacheth you all things, and is true, and is no lie: and as it taught you, even so bide therein.  28And now babes abide in him, that when he shall appear, we may be bold, and not be made ashamed of him at his coming.  29If ye know that he is righteous, know also that he which followeth righteousness, is born of him.  

It is crime to aim low.
What happens to all the rulers of the world that don't measure up themselves to the infinite ruler?
Revelation 17:14
These shall fight with the lamb, and the lamb shall overcome them: For he is Lord of lords, and King of Kings: and they that are on his side, are called, and chosen, and faithful.
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES