[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - bible contradictions or faithless in God

bible contradictions or faithless in God

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

bible contradictions or faithless in God

Postby jadmin » Thu May 06, 2010 9:57 pm

The internet web has much startling information and opinions, ironically at every corner of the world.. that without faith it is impossible to digest, that is, unless you first seek the Lord of Lords and King of Kings in all things to understand the things of God.
Luke 8:18
Take heed therefore how ye hear. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given: And whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken, even that same which he supposeth that he hath.
- Tyndale and friends Bible

A great ensample is the "first of Sabbaths" (Greek: ??? ????????) usually translated as the first day of the week found at:
Matthew 28:1
The Sabbath day at even which dawneth the morrow after the Sabbath, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the sepulchre.

Mark 16:2-9
2And early in the morning the next day after the Sabbath day, they came unto the sepulchre, when the sun was risen.  3And they said one to another: who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?  4And when they beheld it, they saw how the stone was rolled away. For it was a very great one,  5and they went into the sepulchre, and saw a young man, sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment, and they were abashed.  6 He said unto them, be not afraid, ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified. He is risen, he is not here. Behold the place, where they put him.  7But go your way, and tell his disciples, and namely Peter, that he is gone before you into Galilee, there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.  8And they went out quickly and fled from the sepulchre. For they trembled and were amazed. Neither said they anything to any man, for they were afraid.  9When Jesus was risen the morrow after the Sabbath day, he appeared first to Mary Magdalen, out of whom he cast seven devils.  

Luke 24:1
On the morrow after the Sabbath, early in the morning, they came unto the tomb and brought the odours which they had prepared, and other women with them.

John 20:1-19
1The morrow after the Sabbath day came Mary Magdalene early when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and saw the stone rolled away from the tomb.  2Then she ran, and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and said unto them: They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb and we cannot tell where they have laid him.  3Peter went forth and that other disciple, and came unto the sepulchre.  4They ran both together, and that other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.  5And he stooped down and saw the linen clothes, yet went he not in.  6Then came Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and saw the linen clothes lie,  7and the napkin that was about his head not lying with the linen cloth, but wrapped together in a place by itself.  8Then went in also that other disciple which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw and believed.  9For as yet they knew not the scriptures, that he should rise again from death.  10And the disciples went away again unto their own home.  11Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: As she wept, she bowed herself into the sepulchre  12and saw two angels clothed in white sitting the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where they had laid the body of Jesus.  13 They said unto her: woman why weepest thou? She said unto them: They have taken away my Lord, and I wot not where they have laid him.  14When she had thus said, she turned herself back and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.  15Jesus said unto her: woman why weepest thou? Whom seekest thou? She supposing that he had been the gardener, said unto him: Sir if thou have borne him hence tell me where thou hast laid him, that I will take him away.  16Jesus said unto her: Mary. She turned herself, and said unto him: Rabboni which is to say master.  17Jesus said unto her: touch me not, for I have not yet ascended to my father. But go to my brethren and say unto them, I ascend unto my father, and your father: my God and your God.  18Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken such things unto her.  19The same day at night, which was the morrow after the Sabbath day, when the doors were shut (where the disciples were assembled together for fear of the jews,) came Jesus and stood in the midst, and said to them: peace be with you.  

A right perception would say that it originally be rendered correctly as the first of Sabbaths because there's a greater meaning intended according to the Hebraic costumes:
Deuteronomy 16:9-10
9Then reckon the seven weeks, and begin to reckon the seven weeks when the sicle beginneth in the corn,  10and keep the feast of weeks unto the LORD thy God, that thou give a freewilloffering of thine hand unto the LORD thy God according as the LORD thy God hath blessed thee.  

Leviticus 23:15-16
15And ye shall count from the morrow after the Sabbath: even from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the waveoffering, seven weeks complete:  16even unto the morrow after the seventh week ye shall number fifty days. And then ye shall bring a new meatoffering unto the LORD.  

..so that proVably refers to another Sabbath other than the weekly Sabbath like the annual High Sabbath, or the starting point to count the Sabbaths leading up to it.

As you can observe, (if not knowing about the hebraic costume) when a circumstantial detail is missing from the equation, without faith anybody is inclined to assume doubt.

Another ironic example is when the Lord said that if another came in his own name, people would receive:
John 5:39-47
39Search the scriptures, for in them, ye think ye have eternal life: And they are they which testify of me.  40And yet will ye not come to me that ye might have life.  41I receive not praise of men:  42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.  43I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not. If another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive.  44How can ye believe, which receive praise one of another, and seek not the praise which cometh of God only?  45Suppose not, that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, verily Moses in whom ye trust.  46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: For he wrote of me.  47But when ye believe not his writing: how shall ye believe my words.  

Notice that Paul, James, Jude and Peter started to write their Epistles with their name:
Romans 1:1
Paul the servant of Jesus Christ, called unto the office of an apostle, put apart to preach the Gospell of God,

James 1:1
James the servant of God, and of the Lord Jesus Christ, sendeth greeting to the twelve tribes which are scattered here and there.

1 Peter 1:1
Peter an apostle of Jesu Christ, to them that dwell here and there as strangers thorow out, Pontus, Galacia, Capadocia, Asia, and Bethinia,

Jude 1:1
Judas the servant of Jesus Christ, the brother of James. To them which are called and sanctified in God the father, and preserved in Christ Jesus.

Does that mean that such Epistle beginnings with their name is contradicting the Lord? God forbid!
Yea rather by taking the New Testament wholly it reinforces the point home that without Christ the Lord of hosts we are absolutely nothing:
John 15:1-17
1I am the true vine, and my father is an husbandman.  2Every branch that beareth not fruit in me; He will take away. And every branch that beareth fruit will he purge that it may bring more fruit.  3Now are ye clean, be that means of the words which I have spoken unto you.  4Bide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it bide in the vine: no more can ye except ye abide in me.  5I am the vine, and ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without me can ye do nothing.  6If a man bide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered: and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they burneth.  7If ye bide in me, and my words also bide in you: ask what ye will, and it shall be given you.  8Here in is my father glorified, that ye bear much fruit, and be made my disciples.  9As the father hath loved me, even so have I loved you. Continue in my love.  10If ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall bide in my love, even as I have kept my father's commandments, and bide in his love.  11These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.  12This is my commandment, that ye love together as I have loved you.  13Greater love than this hath no man, than that a man bestow his life for his friends.  14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.  15Henceforth call I you not servants: For the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth. But you have I called friends: For all things that I have heard of my father, I have opened to you.  16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you and ordained you that ye go, and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit remain, that whatsoever ye shall ask of my father in my name he should give it you.  17This command I you, that ye love together.  

And of course God will forever acknowledge HIS people and their faithfulness:
Revelation 21:10-14
10And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and an high mountain, and he shewed me the great city, holy Jerusalem descending out of heaven from God,  11having the brightness of God. And her shining was like unto a stone most precious, even a Jasper clear as Crystal:  12and had walls great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels: and names written, which are the twelve tribes of Israel:  13on the east part three gates, and on the north side three gates, and towards the south three gates, and from the west three gates:  14and the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the Lamb's twelve apostles.  

Of course the Apsoltes fervently seeked the praise from God as is shown in their witness towards what they produced in the end on earth even at the cost of their lives. Likewise same for all Israel (not the land territory only but the twelve tribes in it and scattered to every corner of the globe) people that will be saved forever because of what they have produced thanks to the health that God has provided.

John 7:18
He that speaketh of himself, seeketh his own praise. But he that seeketh his praise that sent him, he is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Yet, many are quick to harshly point out "so called" Bible contradictions. An example is the comparison of the Gospel accounts, where one gives more detail than the other, though more or less detail does not take away from the evidence if diligently sought together like a faithful detective taking into account the circumstances involved. Like for ensample the different Mary's, like Mary the mother of Jesus, Mary of James, Mary of Joses, Mary which anointed Jesus with ointment, Mary Magdalene, and the other Marys: when the four Gospel accounts uniquely mention the Marys at the crucifiction, or after Iesu's ressurection when some Mary was going to visit the tomb, in comparison it isn't necessarily mentioning the same Mary, as of course each Gospel is giving different details.
(the Christ is ultimately above the details.)

Another example:

Some even assume the extreme of calling Paul a liar by superficially comparing:
Acts 9:7
The men which accompanied him on his way stood amazed, for they heard a voice, but saw no man.

Acts 22:9
And they that were with me saw verily a light and were afraid: but they heard not the voice of him that spake with me.

Just because those that accompanied Paul didn't hear or see "exactly" who or what was spoken to Paul, that doesn't mean that they didn't see or hear something. The key to understand what was penned by the wholy ghost is that they saw or heard no man as Paul saw and heard as evidence. And clearly the details together describe them not seeing "the man" as Paul saw and heard his voice speak, though "verily" they had seen a light and some voice (without understandingly hearing what was spoken) which again is more or less detail and not a contradiction at all.

If such is assumed a contridiction, could you imagine everything else in the Wholy Bible that must be taken by the faith of God!?
Hebrews 11:6
but without faith it is unpossible to please him. For he that cometh to God, must believe that God is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek him.

No wonder Peter well alerted:
2 Peter 3:15-16
15And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health, even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you,  16yea, almost in every pistel speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction.  

We all, specially meself just now, do need to be reminded:
Hebrews 13:8-10
8Jesus Christ yesterday and today, and the same continueth for ever.  9Be not carried thither with divers and strange learning. For it is a good thing that the heart be stablished with grace, and not with meats, which have not profited them that have had their pastime in them.  10We have an altar whereof they may not eat which serve in the tabernacle.  

2 Timothy 2:11-26
11It is a true saying: If we be dead with him, we also shall live with him;  12If we be patient, we shall also reign with him; If we deny him, he also shall deny us;  13If we believe not, yet abideth he faithful; He cannot deny himself.  14Of these things put them in remembrance, and testify before the Lord, that they strive not about words, which is to no profit, but to pervert the hearers.  15Study to shew thyself laudable unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, dividing the word of truth justly.  16Unghostly and vain voices pass over. For they shall increase unto greater ungodliness,  17and their words shall fret even as doth a canker: of whose number is Hymeneos and Philetos,  18which as concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already, and do destroy the faith of divers persons.  19But the sure ground of God remaineth, and hath this seal: the Lord knoweth them that are his, and let every man that calleth on the name of Christ, depart from iniquity.  20Notwithstanding in a great house are not only vessels of gold and of silver: but also of wood and of earth: Some for honour, and some unto dishonour.  21 If a man purge himself from such fellows, he shall be a vessel sanctified unto honour meet for the Lord, and prepared unto all good works.  22Lusts of youth avoid, and follow righteousness, faith, love, and peace, with them that call on the Lord with pure heart.  23Foolish and unlearned questions put from thee, remembering that they do but make strife.  24But the servant of the Lord must not strive: but must be peaceable unto all men, and ready to teach,  25and one that can suffer the evil in meekness, and can inform them that resist, (the truth) if that God at any time will give them repentance for to know the truth:  26that they may wake out of sleep again, out of the snare of the devil, which are now taken of him at his will.  

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world, for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.
Ironic (for those that trust in the power of God) that the end of shameful confusion is like the beginning of understanding comprehention.
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES