[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - The Greatest Example

The Greatest Example

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

The Greatest Example

Postby jadmin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Matthew 27:33-40
33And came unto the place, which is called Golgotha (that is to say a place of dead men's skulls)  34they gave him vinegar to drink mixt with gall. And when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.  35When they had crucified him, they parted his garments, and did cast lots. To fulfil that was spoken by the prophet: They divided my garments among them: and upon my vesture have cast lots.  36And they sat and watched him there.  37And they set up over his head the cause of his death written: This is Jesus the King of the Jews.  38And there were two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left hand.  39They that passed by, reviled him wagging their heads  40and saying: Thou that destroyest the temple of God, and buildest it in three days save thyself. If thou be the son of God, come down from the cross.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible

The Romans typically executed insurectionists in public places, often by a road on the corner city gate, where passersby would be reminded that fate awaited anyone who dared challenge Rome's authority. Ironically it was setup as a great ensample for all to witness Rome's power. Does the real sovereign government justice really change from yesterday to today and to tommorow?

If Christ rose from the dead and is physically reigning on high, then certainly his spirit has come down and brought forth the events that followed to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70A.D. and even the judgement of Rome's empire that bear the sign of their defeat at every catholic church to this very day.

Mark 15:22-23
22And they brought him to a place named Golgotha (which is by interpretation, the place of dead men's skulls)  23and they gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh, but he received it not.  

Christ has pity on our very pity, and with all dignity makes an open show of it by making agony feel the agony.

Luke 23:33-43
33And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the evil doers, one on right hand, and the other on the left hand.  34Then said Jesus: Father forgive them, for they wot not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.  35And the people stood and beheld. And the rulers mocked him with them saying: He help other men, let him help himself if he be Christ the chosen of God.  36The soldiers also mocked him, and came and gave him vinegar  37and said: if thou be that King of the Jews, save thyself.  38 His superscription was written over him, in greek, latin, and hebrew letters: This is the King of the Jews.  39The one of the malefactors which hanged, railed on him, saying: If thou be Christ save thyself and us.  40The other answered and rebuked him saying: Neither fearest thou God because thou art in the same damnation?  41We are righteously punished, for we receive according to our deeds: But this man hath done no thing amiss.  42And he said unto Jesus: Lord remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.  43And Jesus said unto him: Verily I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with me in paradise.  

All of humanity look to compare eachother to something greater than themselves; and here stood the Creator of heaven and earth making an open humane show of it. Whosoever has discernment, discern it.
Matthew 26:53
Either thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my father, and he shall give me (even now) more than twelve legions of angels?

1 Corinthians 2:1-15
1And I brethren when I came to you, came not in gloriousness of words or of wisdom, shewing unto you the testimony of God.  2Neither shewed I myself that I knew any thing among you save Jesus Christ, even the same that was crucified.  3And I was among you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.  4And my words, and my preaching were not with enticing words of man's wisdom: but in shewing of the spirit and of power,  5that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men: but in the power of God.  6We speak that which is wisdom among them that are perfect: not the wisdom of this world neither of the rulers of this world (which goeth to nought,)  7but we speak the wisdom of God, which is in secret and lieth hid, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:  8which wisdom none of the rulers of the world knew. For had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory:  9but as it is written: The eye hath not seen, and the ear hath not heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  10But God hath opened them unto us by his spirit. For the spirit searcheth all things, yea the bottom of God's secrets.  11For what man knoweth the things of a man: save the spirit of a man which is within him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the spirit of God.  12And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God,  13which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things.  14For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined:  15but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.  

Colossians 2:8-15
8Beware lest any man come and spoil you thorow philosophy and deceitful vanity, thorow the traditions of men, and ordinances after the world, and not after Christ.  9For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily,  10and ye are full in him, which is the head of all rule and power,  11in whom also ye are circumcised with circumcision made without hands, by putting off the sinful body off the flesh, thorow the circumcision that is in Christ,  12in that ye are buried with him thorow baptism, in whom ye are also risen again thorow faith, that is wrought by the operation of God which raised him from death.  13And hath with him quickened you also which were dead in sin in the uncircumcision of your flesh, and hath forgiven our trespasses,  14and hath put out the obligation that was against us, made in the law written, and that hath he taken out of the way, and hath fastened it on his cross,  15and hath spoiled rule and power, and hath made a shew of them openly, and hath triumphed over them in his own person.  

jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES