[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - What's a Christian?

What's a Christian?

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

What's a Christian?

Postby jadmin » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 am

Matthew 10:1-42
1And he called his twelve disciples unto him, and gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sicknesses, and all manner of diseases.  2The names of the twelve apostles are these. The first Simon which is called Peter: and Andrew his brother. James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother.  3Philip and Bartholomew. Thomas and Matthew the publican. James the son of Alphe and Lebbeus, otherwise called Thaddeus.  4Simon of Chane, and Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him.  5These twelve sent Jesus, and commanded them saying: Go not into the ways that lead to the gentiles, and in to the cities of the Samaritans enter ye not:  6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.  7Go and preach saying: how the kingdom of heaven is at hand.  8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out the devils. Freely ye have received, freely give again.  9Possess not gold, nor silver, neither brass in your girdles,  10nor yet scrip towards your journey. Neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet a rod: for the workman is worthy to have his meat.  11Into whatsoever city, or town ye shall come, enquire who is worthy in it, and there abide till ye go thence.  12And when ye come into an house greet the same.  13And if the house be worthy, your peace shall come upon the same. But if it be not worthy, your peace shall return to you again.  14And whosoever shall not receive you, nor will hear your preaching, when ye depart out of that house, or that city, shake off the dust of your feet.  15Truly I say unto you, it shall be easier for the land of Sodom, and Gomorra, in the day of judgement, than for that city.  16Lo I send you forth, as sheep among wolves. Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and innocent as doves.  17Beware of men, for they shall deliver you up to the councils, and shall scourge you in their synagogues.  18And ye shall be brought to the head rulers and kings for my sake, in witness to them and to the gentiles.  19But when they put you up, take no thought, how, or what ye shall speak, for it shall be given you even in that same hour, what ye shall say.  20For it is not ye that speak, but the spirit of your father which speaketh in you.  21The brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son. And the children shall arise against their fathers, and mothers, and shall put them to death,  22and ye shall be hated of all men, for my name. But whosoever shall continue unto the end, shall be saved.  23When they persecute you in one city, fly into another. I tell you for a truth, ye shall not finish all the cities of Israel, till the son of man be come.  24The disciple is not above his Master: Nor yet the servant above his Lord.  25It is enough for the disciple to be as his Master is, and that the servant be as his Lord is. If they have called the Lord of the house beelzebub: how much more shall they call them of his household so?  26Fear them not therefore. There is nothing so close, that shall not be opened, and nothing so hid, that shall not be known.  27What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light. And what ye hear in the ear that preach ye on the house tops.  28And fear ye not them which kill the body, and be not able to kill the soul. But rather fear him, which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  29Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And none of them doth light on the ground, without your father.  30And now are all the hairs of your heads numbered.  31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value, than many sparrows.  32Whosoever therefore knowledgeth me before men, him will I knowledge before my father which is in heaven.  33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my father which is in heaven.  34Think not, that I am come to send peace into the earth. I came not to send peace, but a sword.  35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law:  36And a man's foes shall be, they of his own household.  37He that loveth his father, or mother more than me, is not worthy of me. And he that loveth his son, or daughter more than me, is not meet for me.  38And he that taketh not his cross and followeth me, is not meet for me.  39He that findeth his life, shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake, shall find it.  40He that receiveth you, receiveth me: and he that receiveth me, receiveth him that sent me.  41He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet, shall receive a prophet's reward. And he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man, shall receive the reward of a righteous man.  42And whosoever shall give unto one of these little ones to, drink a cup of cold water only, in the name of a disciple: I tell you of a truth, he shall not lose his reward.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible

Mark 10:42-45
42But Jesus called them unto him, and said to them: Ye know well that they which seem to bear rule among the gentiles, reign as lords over them. And they that be great among them exercise authority over them.  43So shall it not be among you but whosoever of you will be great among you shall be your minister.  44And whosoever will be chief, shall be servant unto all.  45For even the son of man came, not that other should minister unto him: but to minister, and to give his life for the redemption of many.  

Luke 9:20-24
20 He said unto them: Who say ye that I am? Peter answered and said: thou art the Christ of God.  21 He warned and commanded them, that they should tell no man that thing,  22saying: That the son of man must suffer many things, and be reproved of the seniors, and of the high priests and scribes, and be slain, and the third day rise again.  23And he said to them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take his cross on him daily, and follow me.  24Whosoever will save his life, shall lose it. And whosoever shall lose his life, for my sake, the same shall save it.  

John 3:27-32
27John answered, and said: A man can receive nothing at all except it be given him from heaven.  28Ye yourselves are witnesses, how that I said: I am not Christ: but am sent before him.  29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: But the friend of the bridegroom which standeth by and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly of the bridegroom's voice. Therefore this my joy is fulfilled.  30He must increase: and I must decrease.  31He that cometh from on high is above all: he that is of the earth is of the earth, and speaketh of the earth. He that cometh from heaven, is above all:  32And testifieth that he hath seen, and heard: and his testimony no man receiveth.  

John 12:20-36
20There were certain greeks among them, which came to pray at the feast,  21the same came to Philip which was of Bethsaida a city in Galilee, and desired him saying: Sir we would fain see Jesus.  22Philip came and told Andrew. And again Andrew and Philip told Jesus.  23And Jesus answered them saying: the hour is come that the son of man must be glorified.  24Verily, verily I say unto you, except the wheat corn fall into the ground and die, it bideth alone. If it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.  25He that loveth his life shall destroy it: And he that hateth his life in this world, shall keep it unto life eternal.  26If any man minister unto me, let him follow me and where I am there shall also my minister be. And if any man minister unto me, him will my father honour.  27Now is my soul troubled, and what shall I say? Father deliver me from this hour: but therefore came I unto this hour.  28Father glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.  29Then said the people that stood by and heard, it thundereth. Other said: an angel spake to him.  30Jesus answered and said: this voice came not because of me: but for your sakes.  31Now is the judgement of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out a doors.  32And I (if were lifted up from the earth,) will draw all men unto me.  33This said Jesus signifying what death he should die.  34The people answered him: We have heard of the law that Christ bideth ever: and how sayest thou then that the son of man must be lifted up? who is that son of man?  35Then Jesus said unto them: yet a little while is the light with you: walk while ye have light, lest the darkness come on you. He that walketh in the dark, wotteth not whither he goeth.  36While ye have light, believe on the light that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus and departed, and hid himself from them.  

Luke 14:28-33
28Which of you is he that is disposed to build a tower, and sitteth not down before and counteth the cost: Whether he have sufficient to perform it?  29lest after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to perform it, all that behold it, begin to mock him  30saying: This man began to build, and was not able to make an end.  31 What king goeth to make battle against another king, and sitteth not down first, and casteth in his mind, whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand,  32or else while the other is yet a great way off, he will send ambassadors, and desire peace.  33So likewise, none of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, can be my disciple.  

Luke 22:35-38
35And he said unto them: when I sent you without wallet, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye anything? And they said, nothing.  36And he said to them: But now he that hath a wallet let him take it, and likewise his scrip. And he that hath no sword, let him sell his coat and buy one.  37 I say unto you that yet, that which is written must be performed in me (Even with the wicked was he numbered) for those things which are written of me have an end.  38And they said: Lord, behold here are two swords. And he said unto them: it is enough.  

Romans 6:6-14
6This we must remember, that our old man is crucified with him also, that the body of sin might utterly be destroyed, that henceforth we should not be servants of sin.  7For he that is dead, is justified from sin.  8Wherefore if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall live with him:  9remembering that Christ once raised from death, dieth no more. Death hath no more power over him.  10For as touching that he died, he died as concerning sin once. And as touching that he liveth, he liveth unto God.  11Likewise imagine ye also, that ye are dead concerning sin: but are alive unto God thorow Jesus Christ our Lord.  12Let not sin reign therefore in your mortal bodies, that ye should thereunto obey in the lusts of it.  13Neither give ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: But give yourselves unto God, as they that are alive from death. And give your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.  14Sin shall not have power over you. For ye are not under the law, but under grace.  

Romans 8:12-39
12Therefore brethren we are now debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh:  13For if ye live after the flesh, ye must die. But if ye mortify the deeds of the body, by the help of the spirit, ye shall live,  14for as many as are led by the spirit of God, are the sons of God.  15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage to fear any more, but ye have received the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba father.  16The same spirit certifieth our spirit that we are the sons of God.  17If we be sons, we are also heirs (the heirs I mean of God) and heirs annexed with Christ, if so be that we suffer together, that we may be glorified together.  18For I suppose that the afflictions of this life, are not worthy of the glory which shall be shewed upon us.  19Also the fervent desire of the creatures abideth looking when the sons of God shall appear  20because the creatures are subdued to vanity against their will: but for his will which subdued them in hope.  21For the very creatures shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption, into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.  22For we know that every creature groaneth with us also, and travaileth in pain even unto this time.  23Not they only, but even we also which have the first fruits of the spirit mourn in ourselves and wait for the adoption (of the children God) and look for the deliverance of our bodies.  24For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is no hope. For how can a man hope for that which he seeth?  25but and if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience abide for it.  26Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities. For we know not, what to desire as we ought: but the spirit maketh intercession mightily for us with groanings which cannot be expressed with tongue.  27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the meaning of the spirit: for he maketh intercession for the saints according to the pleasure of God.  28For we know well that all things work for the best unto them that love God, which also are called of purpose.  29For those which he knew before, he also ordained before, that they should be like fashioned unto the shape of his son, that he might be the first begotten son among many brethren.  30Moreover which he appointed before, them he also called; and which he called, them also he justified; which he justified, them he also glorified.  31What shall we then say unto these things? if God be on our side: who can be against us?  32which spared not his own son, but gave him for us all: How shall he not with him give us all things also?  33Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's chosen? It is God that justifieth:  34who then shall condemn? it is Christ which is dead; Yea rather which is risen again, which is also on the right hand of God and maketh intercession for us.  35Who shall separate us from God's love? shall tribulation? or anguish? or persecution, other hunger? other nakedness? other peril? other sword?  36As it is written: For thy sake are we killed all day long, and are counted as sheep appointed to be slain.  37Nevertheless in all these things we overcome strongly thorow his help that loved us.  38Yea and I am sure that neither death, neither life, neither angel, nor rule, neither power, neither things present, neither things to come,  39neither height, neither lowth, neither any other creature shall be able to depart us from God's love, which is in Christ Jesu our Lord.  

Romans 12:1-2
1I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercifulness of God that ye make your bodies a quick sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God which is your reasonable serving of God.  2And fashion not yourselves like unto this world: But be ye changed in your shape, by the renewing of your wits, that ye may feel what thing that good, that acceptable, and perfect will of God is.  

1 Corinthians 4:9-14
9Me thinketh that God hath shewed us which are apostles, for the hindmost of all, as it were men appointed to death. For we are a gazingstock unto the world, and to the angels, and to men,  10we are fools for Christ's sake, and ye are wise thorow Christ: we are weak, and ye are strong. Ye are honorable, and we are despised.  11Even unto this day we hunger and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted with fists, and have no certain dwelling place,  12and labour working with our own hands. We are reviled, and yet we bless. We are persecuted, and suffer it.  13We are evil spoken of, and we pray. We are made as it were the filthiness of the world, the offscouring of all things, even unto this time.  14I write not these things to shame you: but as my beloved sons I warn you.  

1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see in a glass even in a dark speaking: but then shall we see face to face. Now I know unperfectly: but then shall I know even as I am known.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ. I live verily, yet now not I, but Christ liveth in me. The life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the son of God, which loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 5:24
They that are Christ's, have crucified the flesh with the appetites and lusts.

Galatians 6:14
God forbid that I should rejoice but in the cross of our Lord Jesu Christ, whereby the world is crucified as touching me, and I as concerning the world.

Ephesians 4:21-24
21If so be ye have heard of him, and are taught in him, even as the truth is in Jesu:  22so then as concerning the conversation in time past, lay from you that old man, which is corrupt thorow the deceivable lusts,  23and be ye renewed in the spirit of your minds,  24and put on that new man, which after a godly wise, is shapen in righteousness, and true holiness.  

Philippians 3:8-11
8Yea I think all things but loss for that excellent knowledge's sake of Christ Jesu my Lord. For whom I have counted all thing loss, and do judge them but dung, that I might win Christ,  9and might be found in him, not having mine own righteousness which is of the law: But that which springeth of the faith which is in Christ. I mean the righteousness which cometh of God thorow faith  10in knowing him, and the virtue of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his passions, that I might be conformable unto his death,  11if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection from death.  

1 Corinthians 4:1-5
1Let men this wise esteem us, even as the ministers of Christ, and disposers of the secrets of God.  2Furthermore it is required of the disposers that they be found faithful.  3With me is it but a very small thing, that I should be judged of you, either of man's day. No I judge not mine own self.  4I know nought by myself: yet am I not thereby justified. It is the Lord that judgeth me.  5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, which will lighten things that are hid in darkness: and open the counsels of the hearts. And then shall every man have praise of God.  

1 Corinthians 6:12
All things are lawful unto me: but all things are not profitable. I may do all things: but I will be brought under no man's power.

Galatians 5:19-23
19The deeds of the flesh are manifest, which are these, advoutry, fornication, uncleanness, wantonness,  20idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, lawing, zeal, wrath, strife, sedition, part takings,  21envying, murder, drunkenness, gluttony, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have told you in time past, that they which commit such things shall not be inheritors of the kingdom of God:  22but the fruit of the spirit is, love, joy, peace, longsuffering gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, temperancy:  23Against such there is no law.  

Colossians 3:5-25
5Mortify therefore your members which are on the earth, fornication, uncleanness, unnatural lust, evil concupiscence, and covetousness which is worshipping of idols:  6for which thing's sakes the wrath of God falleth on the children of unbelief.  7In which things ye walked once, when ye lived in them.  8But now put ye also away from you all things, wrath, fierceness, maliciousness, cursed speaking, filthy speaking out of your mouths.  9Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his works,  10and have put on the new, which is renewed in knowledge, after the image of him that made him,  11where is neither greek nor jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarous or Sithian, bond or free: But Christe is all in all things.  12Now therefore as elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercy, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long suffering,  13forbearing one another, and forgiving one another (if any man have a quarrel to another) even as Christ forgave you, even so do ye.  14Above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness,  15and the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which peace ye are called in one body: and see that ye be thankful.  16Let the word of God dwell in you plenteously in all wisdom. Teach and exhort your own selves, in psalms, and hymns, and spiritual songs which have favour with them, singing in your hearts to the Lord.  17And all things (whatsoever ye do in word or deed) do in the name of the Lord Jesu, giving thanks to God the father by him.  18Wives submit your own selves unto your own husbands, as it is comely in the Lord.  19Husbands love your wives and be not bitter unto them.  20Children obey your fathers and mothers, in all things, for that is well pleasing unto the Lord.  21Fathers rate not your children, (to anger) lest they be of a desperate mind.  22Servants be obedient unto your bodily masters in all things: not with eye service as men pleasers, but in singleness of heart fearing God.  23And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as though ye did it to the Lord, and not unto men,  24remembering that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of inheritance, for ye serve the Lord Christ.  25But he that doth wrong shall receive for the wrong that he hath done: for there is no respect of persons. (with God)  

Colossians 4:1-6
1Ye masters do unto your servants that which is just and egal, remembering that ye have also a master in heaven.  2Continue in prayer and watch in the same with thanksgiving,  3praying also for us that God open unto us the door of utterance, that we may speak the mystery of Christ (wherefore I am also in bonds)  4that I may utter it, as it becometh me to speak.  5Walk wisely to them that are without, and redeem the time.  6Let your speech alway have favour with it and be salted, that ye may know how to answer every man.  

James 1:20-25
20For the wrath of man worketh not that which is righteous before God.  21Wherefore lay apart all filthiness, all superfluity of maliciousness, and receive with meekness the word that is grafted in you, which is able to save your souls:  22And see that ye be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.  23For if any hear the word, and do it not, he is like unto a man that beholdeth his bodily face in a glass.  24For as soon as he hath looked on himself, he goeth his way, and hath immediately forgotten what his fashion was:  25but whosoever looketh in the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein (if he be not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work) he shall be happy in his deed.  

1 Peter 4:1-2
1Forasmuch as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he which suffereth in the flesh ceaseth from sin,  2that he henceforward should live as much time as remaineth in the flesh, not after the lusts of men: but after the will of God.  

Titus 2:11-14
11For the grace of God, that bringeth health unto all men, hath appeared  12and teacheth us that we should deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and that we should live honestly, righteously, and godly in this present world,  13looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of the mighty God, and of our saviour Jesu Christ:  14which gave himself for us, to redeem us from all unrighteousness, and to purge us a peculiar people unto himself, fervently given unto good works.  

1 Corinthians 2:16
For who knoweth the mind of the Lord, other who shall inform him? but we understand the mind of Christ.

1 John 5:20
We know that the son of God is come, and hath given us a mind to know him which is true: and we are in him that is true, through his son Jesu Christ. This same is very God, and eternal life.

Colossians 2:9-12
9For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily,  10and ye are full in him, which is the head of all rule and power,  11in whom also ye are circumcised with circumcision made without hands, by putting off the sinful body off the flesh, thorow the circumcision that is in Christ,  12in that ye are buried with him thorow baptism, in whom ye are also risen again thorow faith, that is wrought by the operation of God which raised him from death.  

1 Peter 4:12-13
12Dearly beloved, be not troubled in this heat, which now is come among you to try you, as though some strange thing had happened unto you:  13but rejoice inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's passions, that when his glory appeareth, ye may be merry and glad.  

John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye shall have love one to another.
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES