[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - many manuscripts; few understandings

many manuscripts; few understandings

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

many manuscripts; few understandings

Postby jadmin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Matthew 7:13-20
13Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction: and many there be, which go in thereat.  14For strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life: and few there be, that find it.  15Beware of false prophets, which come to you, in sheeps' clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.  16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns? Or figs of briars?  17Even so every good tree, bringeth forth good fruit. But a corrupt tree, bringeth forth evil fruit.  18A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit: nor yet a bad tree can bring forth good fruit.  19Every tree, that bringeth not forth good fruit, shall be hewn down, and cast into the fire.  20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible

There are many old manuscripts available to the public today of the same Biblical books yet with differences that in comparison look as omissions, inclusions, variable wording, even unsettled meaning etc. Moreover, who is anybody to say.. if some manuscripts were shorten (due to the fact that back then it was tediously hand written, and a shorter scroll was perhaps somehow more convenient to carry & share) .. notwithstanding, it's message would only keep it's weight with the help of the wholy ghost. The head author of verity is a spirit not limited to manuscripts (or even the exact original penned letters) that amazingly for the most part circulated til today in divers languages.. And even without needing the help of any worldly organization, institution, or a bunch of carnal men for that matter. Rather as Peter well said:
2 Peter 1:21
For the scripture came never by the will of man: but wholy men of God spake as they were moved by the wholy ghost.

Regardless of manuscript copy differences, amazingly the divine message is still the same in most manuscripts when comprehended entirely towards the whole picture. The value in finding the truth is that no lie comes from that true wholy (as a holy whole) message regardless how it was transmitted, translated, copied or uniquely expressed throughout time. Though there has-been many dark misrepresentations, the wholy light still shines through till today for those that purely seek it.
2 Corinthians 3:2-6
2Ye are our pistel written in our hearts, which is understood and read of all men,  3in that ye are known, how that ye are the pistel of Christ, ministered by us and written, not with ink: but with the spirit of the living God, not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.  4Such trust have we thorow Christ to Godward,  5not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as it were of ourselves: but our ableness cometh of God,  6which hath made us able to minister the new testament, not of the letter, but of the spirit: For the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.  

Of course Education is necessary, yet education alone is not enough to understand spiritual things that indicate something prophetically profound beyond our natural capability..
For ensample Nicodemus was a master in Israel (at a golden time of fulfillment when Iesus Christ came and well taught before being crucified and risen from death), and was very well educated... yet Nicodemus nor his fellow doctors of Scripture really knew about the signs of their times. Yea as the Lord even prophecied what would happen shortly afterwards. (Luke 13:34-35) (Luke 19:41-46) And ironically in 70A.D. Jerusalem was indeed taken and the temple destroyed.
Yea let the Scripture message speak for itself.
John 3:1-21
1There was a man of the pharisees named Nicodemus a ruler among the jews.  2He came to Jesus by night, and said unto him: Master, we know that thou art, a teacher which art come from God. For no man could do such miracles as thou doest, except God were with him:  3Jesus answered, and said unto him: Verily, verily I say unto thee: except a man be born a new, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  4Nicodemus said unto him: how can a man be born, when he is old? can he enter into his mother's body and be born again?  5Jesus answered: verily, verily I say unto thee: except that a man be born of water, and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  6That which is born of the flesh, is flesh. And that which is born of the spirit, is spirit.  7Marvel not that I said to thee, ye must be born a new.  8The wind bloweth where he listeth, and thou hearest his sound: but canst not tell whence he cometh and whither he goeth. So is every man that is born of the spirit.  9And Nicodemus answered and said unto him: how can these things be?  10Jesus answered and said unto him: Art thou a master in Israel, and knowest not these things?  11Verily, verily I say unto thee, we speak that we know, and testify that we have seen: And ye receive not our witness.  12If I have told you earthly things and ye have not believe: How should ye believe if I shall tell you of heavenly things?  13And no man ascendeth up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, that is to say, the son of man which is in heaven.  14And as Moses lift up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the son of man be lift up,  15that none which believeth in him perish: but have eternal life.  16 God so loved the world, that he gave his only son for the intent, that none that believe in him, should perish: But should have everlasting life.  17For God sent not his son into the world, to condemn the world: But that the world through him, might be saved.  18He that believeth on him shall not be condemned. But he that believeth not, is condemned all ready, because he believeth not in the name of the only son of God.  19And this is the condemnation: Light is come into the world, and the men have loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil.  20For every man that evil doeth, hateth the light: neither cometh to light, lest his deeds should be reproved.  21But he that doth truth, cometh to the light, that his deeds might be known, how that they are wrought in God.  
1 Corinthians 2:12-16
12And we have not received the spirit of the world: but the spirit which cometh of God, for to know the things that are given to us of God,  13which things also we speak, not in the cunning words of man's wisdom, but with the cunning words of the holy ghost, making spiritual comparisons of spiritual things.  14For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined:  15but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.  16For who knoweth the mind of the Lord, other who shall inform him? but we understand the mind of Christ.  
1 John 2:21
I wrote not unto you, as though ye knew not the truth: but as though ye knew it, and know also that no lie cometh of truth.
2 Corinthians 13:8
We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
Mark 4:21-23
21And he said unto them: is the candle lighted, to be put under a bushel, or under the bord: is it not therefore lighted that it should be put on a candlestick?  22For there is nothing so privy, that shall not be opened: neither so secret, but that it shall come abroad.  23If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.  

In the midst of so many Bibilical manuscripts, for the truth seeker, more faithful questions ought to arise, because doubts don't profit anything at all, though inteligent questions with a good purpose will benefit everybody.
Philippians 4:8
Furthermore brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind,
Ephesians 5:16
redeeming the time: for the days are evil:

And to godly questions the spirit of the verity answers it well already:

How did the holy Scriptures come about to begin with?
2 Peter 1:20-21
20So that ye first know this, that no prophecy in the scripture hath any private interpretation.  21For the scripture came never by the will of man: but wholy men of God spake as they were moved by the wholy ghost.  
John 14:26
But that comforter which is the holy ghost (whom my father will send in my name) shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you.
John 16:7-15
7Nevertheless I tell you the truth it is expedient for you that I go away. For if I go not away, that comforter will not come unto you. But if I depart, I will send him unto you.  8And when he is come, he will rebuke the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement.  9Of sin, because they believe not on me:  10Of righteousness, because I go to my father, and ye shall see me no more:  11And of judgement, because the chief ruler of this world, is judged all ready.  12I have yet many things to say unto you: but ye cannot bear them away now.  13 When he is once come (I mean the spirit of verity,) he will lead you into all truth. He shall not speak of himself: but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak, and he will shew you things to come.  14He shall glorify me, for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew unto you.  15All things that my father hath are mine. Therefore said I unto you that he shall take of mine and shew unto you.  
1 John 2:27
And the anointing which ye have received of him dwelleth in you. And ye need not that any man teach you: but as that anointing teacheth you all things, and is true, and is no lie: and as it taught you, even so bide therein.
2 Corinthians 3:4-6
4Such trust have we thorow Christ to Godward,  5not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as it were of ourselves: but our ableness cometh of God,  6which hath made us able to minister the new testament, not of the letter, but of the spirit: For the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.  

Why were all the wholy Scriptures compiled?
Luke 24:44-49
44And he said unto them: These are the words, which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you: that all must be fulfilled which were written of me in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms.  45Then opened he their wits, that they might understand the scriptures,  46and said unto them: Thus is it written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise again from death the third day.  47And that repentance, and remission of sins, should be preached in his name among all nations. And the beginning must be at Jerusalem.  48And ye are witnesses of these things.  49And behold, I will send the promise of my father upon you. But tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.  
Romans 15:4
Whatsoever things are written aforetime, are written for our learning that we thorow patience and comfort of the scripture should have hope.
John 12:14-16
14 Jesus got a young ass and sat thereon, according to that which was written:  15fear not daughter of Sion: behold thy King cometh sitting on an ass's colt.  16These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that such things were written of him, and that such things they had done unto him.  

Code: Select all
Zec 5:1 So I turned me, lifting up mine eyes, and looked, and behold, a flying book.
Zec 5:2 And he said unto me: what seest thou? I answered: I see a flying book of twenty cubits long, and ten cubits broad.
Zec 5:3 Then said he unto me: This is the curse, that goeth forth over the whole earth: for all thieves shall be judged after this book, and all swearers shall be judged according to the same,
Zec 5:4 I will bring it forth (sayeth the LORD of Hosts) so that it shall come to the house of the thief, and to the house of him, that falsely sweareth by my name: and shall remain in his house, and consume it, with the timber and stones thereof.
Matthew 10:34-39
34Think not, that I am come to send peace into the earth. I came not to send peace, but a sword.  35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law:  36And a man's foes shall be, they of his own household.  37He that loveth his father, or mother more than me, is not worthy of me. And he that loveth his son, or daughter more than me, is not meet for me.  38And he that taketh not his cross and followeth me, is not meet for me.  39He that findeth his life, shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake, shall find it.  

John 14:1-31
1And he said unto his disciples: Let not your hearts be troubled, believe in God, and believe in me.  2In my father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  3 I will come again, and receive you even unto myself, that where I am, there may ye be also.  4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.  5Thomas said unto him: Lord we know not whither thou goest. Also how is it possible for us to know the way?  6Jesus said unto him I am the way, the verity, and life. No man cometh unto the father, but by me.  7If ye had known me ye had known my father also. And now ye know him. And ye have seen him.  8Philip said unto him: Lord shew us thy father and it sufficeth us.  9Jesus said unto him: have I been so long time with you: and yet hast thou not known me? Philip, he that hath seen me, hath seen the father. And how sayest thou then: shew us the father?  10Believest thou not that I am in the father, and the father in me? The words that I speak unto you, I speak not of myself: but the father dwelling in me is he that doeth the works.  11Believe that I am in the father, and the father in me. At the least believe me for the very works' sake.  12Verily, verily I say unto you whosoever believeth on me, the works that I do, the same shall he do, and greater works than these shall he do, because I go unto my father.  13And whatsoever ye ask in my name, that will I do, that the father might be glorified by the son.  14If ye shall ask any thing in my name I will do it.  15If ye love me keep my commandments,  16and I will pray the father, and he shall give you another comforter, that he may bide with you ever,  17which is the spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because the world seeth him not, neither knoweth him. But ye know him. For he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.  18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come unto you.  19It is yet a little while and the world seeth me no more: but ye shall see me. For I live, and ye shall live.  20That day shall ye know that I am in my father, and my father in me, and I in you.  21He that hath my commandments and keepeth them, the same is he that loveth me, and he that loveth me shall be loved of my father, and I will love him, and will shew mine own self unto him.  22Judas said unto him (not Judas Iscarioth) Lord what is the cause that thou wilt shew thyself unto us, and not unto the world?  23Jesus answered and said unto him: if a man love me and will keep my sayings, my father also will love him, and we will come unto him, and will dwell with him.  24He that loveth me not, keepeth not my sayings. And the words which ye hear are not mine, but my father's, which sent me.  25This have I spoken unto you being yet present with you.  26But that comforter which is the holy ghost (whom my father will send in my name) shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you.  27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your hearts be grieved, neither fear ye.  28Ye have heard how I said unto you: I go and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would verily rejoice, because I said, I go unto the father. For the father is greater than I.  29And now have I shewed you, before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye might believe.  30Here after will I not talk many words unto you. For the chief ruler of this world cometh, and hath nought in me.  31But that the world may know that I love my father; And as the father gave me commandment, even so do I. Rise let us go hence.  
John 17:1-26
1These words spake Jesus and lift up his eyes to heaven, and said: father the hour is come glorify thy son that thy son may glorify thee.  2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.  3This is life eternal that they might know thee that only very God: and whom thou hast sent Jesus Christ.  4I have glorified thee on the earth. I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.  5And now glorify me thou father in thine own presence, with the glory which I had with thee yer the world was.  6I have declared thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world. Thine they were, and thou gavest them me, and they have kept thy sayings.  7Now have they known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me, are of thee.  8For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me, and they have received them, and know surely that I came out from thee: and do believe that thou didst send me.  9I pray for them. I pray not for the world: but for them which thou hast given me, for they are thine,  10and all mine are thine, and thine are mine, and I am glorified in them.  11And now am I no more in the world, but they are in the world, and I come to thee. Wholly father keep in thine own name them which thou hast given me, that they may be one as we are.  12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name. Those that thou gavest me, have I kept, and none of them is lost, but that lost child, that the scripture might be fulfilled.  13Now come I to thee, and these words speak I in the world, that they might have my joy full in them.  14I have given them thy doctrine, and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  15I desire not that thou shouldest take them out of the world: but that thou keep them from evil.  16They are not of the world, as I am not of the world.  17Sanctify them in thy truth. Thy saying is verity.  18As thou didst sent me into the world, even so have I sent them into the world;  19And for their sakes sanctify I myself, that they also might be sanctified thorow the truth.  20I pray not for them alone: but for them also which shall believe on me thorow their preaching,  21that they all may be one, as thou father art in me, and I in thee, that they may be also one in us, that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.  22And that glory that thou gavest me, I have given them, that they may be one, as we are one.  23I am in them and thou art in me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.  24Father I will that they which thou hast given me, be with me where I am, that they may see my glory which thou hast given me. For thou lovedest me before the making of the world.  25O righteous father the very world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.  26And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it, that the love wherewith thou hast loved me, be in them, and that I be in them.  

What is the purpose of searching the Scriptures?
John 5:39-47
39Search the scriptures, for in them, ye think ye have eternal life: And they are they which testify of me.  40And yet will ye not come to me that ye might have life.  41I receive not praise of men:  42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.  43I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not. If another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive.  44How can ye believe, which receive praise one of another, and seek not the praise which cometh of God only?  45Suppose not, that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, verily Moses in whom ye trust.  46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: For he wrote of me.  47But when ye believe not his writing: how shall ye believe my words.  
Numbers 21:9
And Moses made a serpent of brass and set it up for a sign. And when the serpents had bitten any man, he went and beheld the serpent of brass and recovered.
John 3:14-21
14And as Moses lift up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the son of man be lift up,  15that none which believeth in him perish: but have eternal life.  16 God so loved the world, that he gave his only son for the intent, that none that believe in him, should perish: But should have everlasting life.  17For God sent not his son into the world, to condemn the world: But that the world through him, might be saved.  18He that believeth on him shall not be condemned. But he that believeth not, is condemned all ready, because he believeth not in the name of the only son of God.  19And this is the condemnation: Light is come into the world, and the men have loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil.  20For every man that evil doeth, hateth the light: neither cometh to light, lest his deeds should be reproved.  21But he that doth truth, cometh to the light, that his deeds might be known, how that they are wrought in God.  
Mark 12:26
As touching the dead, that they shall rise again: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him saying: I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
John 2:13-22
13And the jews' ester was even at hand; And Jesus went up to Jerusalem,  14and found sitting in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep, and doves, and changers of money sitting.  15And he made a scourge of small cords, and drave them all out of the temple, both sheep and oxen, and poured down the changers' money, and overthrew their tables.  16And said unto them that sold doves: Have these things hence, and make not my father's house, an house of merchandise.  17 His disciples remembered, how that it was written: The zeal of thine house, hath even eaten me.  18Then answered the jews and said unto him: what token shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou dost these things?  19Jesus answered, and said unto them: destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.  20Then said the jews: In forty six years this temple was built: and wilt thou raise it up in three days?  21But he spake of the temple of his body.  22As soon therefore as he was risen from death again, his disciples remembered that he thus said unto them. And they believed the scripture, and the words which Jesus had said.  

Why can't everybody understand the Scriptures?
Romans 8:5-9
5For they that are carnal, are carnally minded; and they that are spiritual are ghostly minded.  6To be carnally minded is death; and to be spiritually minded is life, and peace:  7because that the fleshly mind is enmity against God: For it is not obedient to the law of God, neither can be.  8So then they that are given to the flesh, cannot please God.  9But ye are not given to the flesh; But to the spirit: If so be that the spirit of God dwell in you. If there be any man that hath not the spirit of Christ, the same is none of his.  
2 Corinthians 4:3-7
3If our Gospell be yet hid, it is hid among them that are lost,  4in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest should shine unto them the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, which is the image of God,  5for we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and preach ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.  6For it is God that commanded the light to shine out of darkness, which hath shined in our hearts, for to give the light of knowledge of the glorious God, in the face of Jesus Christ.  7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellent power of it might appear to be of God, and not of us.  
James 4:3-8
3Ye ask and have not, because ye ask amiss, for to consume it upon your voluptuousness.  4Ye advoutrers, and women that break matrimony: know ye not how that the friendship of the world is enmity to Godward? Whosoever will be friend of the world, is made the enemy of God.  5Do ye suppose that the scripture saith in vain: The spirit that dwelleth in you, lusteth even contrary to envy:  6but giveth more grace. (wherefore he sayeth: God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the lowly.)  7Submit yourselves to God, and resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands ye sinners, and purge your hearts ye wavering minded.  
2 Kings 18:4
He put away the hillaltars, and brake the images and cut down the groves, and all to brake the brazen serpent that Moses made. For unto those days the children of Israel did burn sacrifice to it, and called it Nehustan.

Who can absolutely comprehend the good book?
Matthew 7:7-14
7Ask and it shall be given you: Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.  8For whosoever asketh receiveth, and he that seeketh findeth, and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.  9Is there any man among you which would proffer his son a stone if he asked him bread?  10Or if he asked fish, would he proffer him a serpent?  11If ye then which are evil, can give to your children good gifts: how much more shall your father, which is in heaven, give good things, to them that ask of him?  12Therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, even so do ye to them. This is the law and the prophets.  13Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction: and many there be, which go in thereat.  14For strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life: and few there be, that find it.  
John 7:18
He that speaketh of himself, seeketh his own praise. But he that seeketh his praise that sent him, he is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.
John 14:6
Jesus said unto him I am the way, the verity, and life. No man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Luke 1:68-79
68Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, for he hath visited and redeemed his people.  69And hath raised up an horn of salvation unto us, in the house of his servant David.  70Even as he promised by the mouth of his holy prophets which were since the world began.  71That we should be saved from our enemies: And from the hands of all that hate us:  72To shew mercy towards our fathers; And to remember his holy promise.  73That is to say the oath, which he sware to our father Abraham, for to give us.  74That we delivered out of the hands of our enemies, might serve him without fear:  75all the days of our life, in such holiness and righteousness that are accept before him.  76And thou child, shalt be called the prophet of the highest, for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord, to prepare his ways:  77And to give knowledge of health unto his people, for the remission of sins:  78Through the tender mercy of our Lord, wherewith hath visited us the day spring from on high:  79To give light to them that sat in darkness, and in shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.  

John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but favour and verity came by Jesus Christ.

John 15:4-7
4Bide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it bide in the vine: no more can ye except ye abide in me.  5I am the vine, and ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without me can ye do nothing.  6If a man bide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered: and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they burneth.  7If ye bide in me, and my words also bide in you: ask what ye will, and it shall be given you.  

Revelation 5:1-5
1And I saw in the right hand of him, that sat in the throne, a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.  2And I saw a strong angel which cried with a loud voice: Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?  3And no man in heaven nor in earth neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.  4And I wept much, because, no man was found worthy to open, and to read the book, neither to look thereon.  5And one of the seniors said unto me: weep not: Behold a lion being of the tribe of Juda, the root of David, hath obtained to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.  

Whomsoever endeavors to faithfully seek for the whole truth (to live therein) will find it as pointed out by the ghostly author behind the Scriptures.
Matthew 6:19-21
19 Gather not treasure together on earth, where rust and moths corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal.  20But gather ye treasures together in heaven, where neither rust, nor yet moths corrupt: and where thieves neither break up, nor yet steal.  21For wheresoever your treasure is, there are your hearts also.  

John 14:22-31
22Judas said unto him (not Judas Iscarioth) Lord what is the cause that thou wilt shew thyself unto us, and not unto the world?  23Jesus answered and said unto him: if a man love me and will keep my sayings, my father also will love him, and we will come unto him, and will dwell with him.  24He that loveth me not, keepeth not my sayings. And the words which ye hear are not mine, but my father's, which sent me.  25This have I spoken unto you being yet present with you.  26But that comforter which is the holy ghost (whom my father will send in my name) shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you.  27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your hearts be grieved, neither fear ye.  28Ye have heard how I said unto you: I go and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would verily rejoice, because I said, I go unto the father. For the father is greater than I.  29And now have I shewed you, before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye might believe.  30Here after will I not talk many words unto you. For the chief ruler of this world cometh, and hath nought in me.  31But that the world may know that I love my father; And as the father gave me commandment, even so do I. Rise let us go hence.  

1 Peter 1:24-25
24because that all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man is as the flower of grass, the grass is withered, and the flower is faded away,  25but the word of the Lord endureth ever. And this is the word which by the gospel was preached among you.  
1 Timothy 2:1-8
1I exhort therefore that above all things prayers, supplications, petitions, and giving of thanks, be had for all men:  2for kings, and for all that are in preeminence, that we may live a quiet and a peaceable life, in all godliness and honesty.  3For that is good and accepted in the sight of god our saviour,  4which would have all men saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth.  5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and man, which is the man Christ Jesus,  6which gave himself a ransom for all men, that it should be preached at his time,  7whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle (I tell the truth in Christ and lie not) being the teacher of the gentiles in faith and verity.  8I woll therefore that the men pray every where, lifting up pure hands without wrath, or arguing.  

2 Peter 3:1-18
1This is the second pistel that I now write unto you, my dearly beloved, wherewith I stir up and warn your pure minds,  2to call to remembrance the words which were told before of the holy prophets, and also the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour.  3This first understand, that there shall come in the last days mockers (in deceitfulness) which will walk after their own lusts  4and say: Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers died all things continue in the same estate wherein they were at the beginning.  5This they know not (and that willingly) how that the heavens a great while ago were, and the earth that was in the water, appeared up out of the water by the word of God:  6by the which things the world that then was perished overflowen with the flood.  7But the heavens verily and earth which are now, are kept by the same word in store, and reserved unto fire, against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.  8Dearly beloved be not ignorant of this one thing, how that one day is with the Lord, as a thousand year, and a thousand year as one day.  9The Lord is not slack to fulfil his promise as some men count slackness: but is patient to us ward and would have no man lost, but would receive all men to repentance.  10Nevertheless the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in the which day, the heavens shall perish with terrible noise, and the elements shall melt with heat, and the earth with the works that are therein shall burn.  11If all these things shall perish, what manner persons ought ye to be in holy conversation, and godliness:  12looking for, and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens shall perish with fire, and the elements shall be consumed with heat.  13Nevertheless we look for a new heaven, and a new earth, according to his promise, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  14Wherefore dearly beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot and undefiled:  15And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health, even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you,  16yea, almost in every pistel speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction.  17Ye therefore beloved seeing ye are warned; Beware lest ye be also plucked away with the error of the wicked, and own steadfastness:  18but grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, and saviour Jesus Christ. To whom be glory both now and for ever, Amen.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES