[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - verity truth

verity truth

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

verity truth

Postby jadmin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:46 am

Word: ???????
Pronounc: al-ay'-thi-a
Strong: #G225
Orig: from 227; truth:--true, X truly, truth, verity. #G227
Use: TDNT-1:232,37 Noun Feminine
HE Strong: #H217 #H529 #H530 #H571 #H3330 #H3477 #H3559 #H5228 #H7187 #H8537

1) objectively
1a) what is true in any matter under consideration
1a1) truly, in truth, according to truth
1a2) of a truth, in reality, in fact, certainly
1b) what is true in things appertaining to God and the duties of man, moral and religious truth
1b1) in the greatest latitude
1b2) the true notions of God which are open to human reason without his supernatural intervention
1c) the truth as taught in the Christian religion, respecting God and the execution of his purposes through Christ, and respecting the duties of man, opposing alike to the superstitions of the Gentiles and the inventions of the Jews, and the corrupt opinions and precepts of false teachers even among Christians
2) subjectively
2a) truth as a personal excellence
2a1) that candour of mind which is free from affection, pretence, simulation, falsehood, deceit

Code: Select all
Word: ???
Pronounc: eh'-meth
Strong:  #H571
Orig: contracted from 539; stability; (figuratively) certainty,  truth, trustworthiness:--assured(-ly), establishment,  faithful, right, sure, true (-ly, -th), verity.   #H539
Use:  TWOT-116k
GR Strong:  #G225 #G226 #G227 #G228 #G1342 #G1343 #G1654

n f
  1) firmness, faithfulness,  truth
1a) sureness,  reliability
1b) stability,  continuance
1c) faithfulness,  reliableness
1d) truth
1d1) as spoken
1d2) of testimony and judgment
1d3) of divine instruction
1d4) truth as a body of ethical or religious knowledge
1d5) true doctrine

adv
2) in truth,  truly

Code: Select all
Word: ???
Pronounc: aw-man'
Strong:  #H539
Orig: a primitive root; properly, to build up or support; to foster  as a parent or nurse; figuratively to render (or be) firm or  faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet;  morally to be true or certain; once (Isa. 30:21;  interchangeable with 541) to go to the right hand:--hence,  assurance, believe, bring up, establish, + fail, be faithful  (of long continuance, stedfast, sure, surely, trusty,  verified), nurse, (-ing father), (put), trust, turn to the  right.   #H541
Use:  TWOT-116 Verb
GR Strong:  #G4103

1) to support,  confirm,  be faithful
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to support,  confirm,  be faithful,  uphold,  nourish
1a1a) foster-father (subst.)
1a1b) foster-mother,  nurse
1a1c) pillars,  supporters of the door
1b) (Niphal)
1b1) to be established,  be faithful,  be carried,  make firm
1b1a) to be carried by a nurse
1b1b) made firm,  sure,  lasting
1b1c) confirmed,  established,  sure
1b1d) verified,  confirmed
1b1e) reliable,  faithful,  trusty
1c) (Hiphil)
1c1) to stand firm,  to trust,  to be certain,  to believe in
1c1a) stand firm
1c1b) trust,  believe

John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but favour and verity came by Jesus Christ.
- Tyndale and friends Bible

John 4:23-24
23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the father in spirit, and in verity. For verily such the father requireth to worship him.  24God is a spirit, and they that worship him, must honour him, in spirit and verity.  

John 14:6
Jesus said unto him I am the way, the verity, and life. No man cometh unto the father, but by me.

John 15:5
I am the vine, and ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without me can ye do nothing.

2 Corinthians 13:8
We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

1 John 2:21-25
21I wrote not unto you, as though ye knew not the truth: but as though ye knew it, and know also that no lie cometh of truth.  22Who is a liar: but he that denieth that Jesus is Christ? he is the antichrist that denieth the father and the son.  23Whosoever denieth the son, the same hath not the father. (he that knowledgeth the sonne, hath the father also)  24Let therefore abide in you that same which ye heard from the beginning. If that which ye heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the son, and in the father.  25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES