[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - ASSayed intention

ASSayed intention

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

ASSayed intention

Postby jadmin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Numbers 22:28-30
28And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balam: what have I done unto thee, that thou smitest me thus three times?  29And Balam said unto the Ass: because thou hast mocked me? I would that I had a sword in mine hand, that I might now kill thee.  30And the ass said unto Balam: am not I thine Ass which thou hast ridden upon since thou wast born unto this day? Was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, nay.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible

Translation of First Corinthians 2:14-16
Wycliffe wrote: 1 Co 2:14 For a beastly man perceiveth not those things that be of the Spirit of God; for it is folly to him, and he may not understand, for it is examined ghostly (for it is examined, or assayed, ghostly) . 15 But a spiritual man deemeth all things, and he is deemed of no man. 16 As it is written, And who knew the wit of the Lord, or who taught him? And we have the wit (or intention) of Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:14-16
14For the natural man perceiveth not the things of the spirit of God: For they are but foolishness unto him. Neither can he perceive them because he is spiritually examined:  15but he that is spiritual discusseth all things: yet he himself is judged of no man.  16For who knoweth the mind of the Lord, other who shall inform him? but we understand the mind of Christ.  

Job 40:2-14
2Can he that striveth with the almighty, be at rest? Should not he which disputeth with God, give him an answer?  3Job answered the LORD, saying:  4Behold, I am too vile a person, to answer thee, therefore will I lay my hand upon my mouth.  5Once or twice have I spoken, but I will say no more.  6Then spake the LORD unto Job out of the storm, and said:  7Gird up thy loins like a man, and tell me the things that I will ask thee.  8Wilt thou disannul my judgment? Or wilt thou condemn me, that thou thyself mayest be made righteous?  9Is thine arm then like the arm of God? Maketh thy voice such a sound as his doth?  10Then arm thyself with thine own power, up, deck thee in thy jolly array,  11pour out thy indignation of thy wrath: see that thou cast down all the proud,  12look well, that thou makest all such as be stubburn, to obey: tread all the ungodly under thy feet,  13cast them down into the mire, and cover their faces with darkness:  14Then will I confess also, that thy own right hand hath saved thee.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES