[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - godly Authority

godly Authority

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

godly Authority

Postby jadmin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Population today is greater than any other time in history..
2 Timothy 3:1-13
1This understand, that in the last days shall come parlous times:  2For the men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, cursed speakers, disobedient to father and mother, unthankful, unholy,  3churlish, stubborn, false accusers, rioters, fierce, despisers of them which are good,  4traitors, heady, high minded, greedy upon voluptuousness more than the lovers of God,  5having a similitude of godly living, but have denied the power there of. Such abhor.  6For of this sort are they which enter into houses, and bring into bondage women laden with sin, which women are led of divers lusts,  7ever learning, and never able to come unto the knowledge of the truth.  8As Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, even so do these resist the truth, men they are of corrupt minds, and lewd as concerning the faith:  9but they shall prevail no longer. For their madness shall be uttered unto all men as theirs was:  10but thou hast seen the experience of my doctrine, ordinance, purpose, faith, long suffering, love, patience,  11persecutions, and afflictions which happened unto me at Antioche, at Iconium, and at Lystra: which persecutions I suffered patiently; And from them all the Lord delivered me.  12Yea and all that will live godly in Christ Jesu, must suffer persecutions.  13But the evil men and deceivers, shall wax worse and worse, while they deceive, and are deceived themselves.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible

and the Authorities have a more greater challenge than ever.
Romans 13:1-14
1Let every soul submit himself unto the authority of the higher powers. There is no power but of God. The powers that be, are ordained of God.  2Whosoever therefore resisteth power, resisteth the ordinance of God. They that resist, shall receive to themselves damnation.  3For rulers are not to be feared for good works but for evil. Wilt thou be without fear of the power? Do well then: and so shalt thou be praised of the same.  4For he is the minister of God, for thy wealth. But and if thou do evil, then fear: for he beareth not a sword for nought; for he is the minister of God, to take vengeance on them that do evil.  5Wherefore ye must needs obey, not for fear of vengeance only: but also because of conscience.  6 Even for this cause pay ye tribute. For they are God's ministers, serving for the same purpose.  7Give to every man therefore his duty: Tribute to whom tribute belongeth: Custom to whom custom is due: fear to whom fear belongeth: Honour to whom honour pertaineth.  8Owe no thing to any man: but to love one another. For he that loveth another, fulfilleth the law.  9For these commandments: Thou shalt not commit advoutry: Thou shalt not kill: Thou shalt not steal: Thou shalt not bear false witness: Thou shalt not desire: and so forth if there be any other commandment, are all comprehended in this saying: Love thine neighbor as thyself.  10Love hurteth not his neighbor: Therefore is love the fulfilling of the law.  11This also we know, I mean the season, how that it is time that we should now awake out of sleep. For now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.  12The night is passed and the day is come nigh. Let us therefore cast away the deeds of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.  13Let us walk honestly as it were in the daylight: not in eating and drinking: neither in chambering and wantonness: neither in strife and envying:  14but put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ. And make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts of it.  

Matthew 9:37-38
37Then said he to his disciples: the harvest is great, but the laborers are few.  38Wherefore pray the harvest Lord, to send forth laborers into his harvest.  

Yea laborers are direly needed, that includes government officials that can spiritually discern godly things in their sovereign providence, with the united intention of Christ in their heart and mind to lawfully take advantage of any situation;
Romans 16:17-20
17I beseech you brethren mark them which cause division, and give occasions of evil contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned: and avoid them.  18For they that are such serve not the Lord Jesus Christ: but their own bellies. And with sweet preachings and flattering words deceive the hearts of the innocents:  19for your obedience is spoken of among all men. I am glad no doubt of you. But yet I would have you wise unto that which is good. And to be innocent as concerning evil.  20The God of peace tread Satan under your feet in short time. The grace of our Lord Jesu Christ be with you.  

because after all it is a very hostile world.
1 John 5:19
We know that we are of God, and that the world is altogether set on wickedness.

It is ironic that every country has it's culture and the Authority usually reflects that..
John 5:45-47
45Suppose not, that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, verily Moses in whom ye trust.  46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: For he wrote of me.  47But when ye believe not his writing: how shall ye believe my words.  

For example Iran seems to take a more stricter legal stance for homosexuality and adultery with the death penalty. Does that make the country any better? Well, we all could learn from the passage where the Lord handled that type of situation:
John 8:1-11
1 Jesus went unto mount olivet,  2and early in the morning came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; And he sat down, and taught them.  3 The scribes and pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in advoutry, and set her in the midst and said unto him:  4Master this woman was taken in advoutry, even as the deed was a doing.  5Moses in the law commanded us that such should be stoned: What sayest thou therefore?  6And this they said to tempt him: that they might have, whereof to accuse him. Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground.  7And while they continued asking him, he lifted himself up; And said unto them: let him that is among you without sin, cast the first stone at her.  8And again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.  9 As soon as they heard that, they went out one by one the eldest first. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.  10When Jesus had lifted up himself again, and saw no man, but the woman; He said unto her: Woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee?  11She said: Sir no man. Jesus said: Neither do I condemn thee. Go hence and sin no more.  

James 2:13
For there shall be judgement merciless to him that sheweth no mercy, and mercy rejoiceth against judgement:

2 Corinthians 3:1-18
1We begin to praise ourselves again. Need we as some other of pistels of recommendation unto you? or letters of recommendation from you?  2Ye are our pistel written in our hearts, which is understood and read of all men,  3in that ye are known, how that ye are the pistel of Christ, ministered by us and written, not with ink: but with the spirit of the living God, not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.  4Such trust have we thorow Christ to Godward,  5not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as it were of ourselves: but our ableness cometh of God,  6which hath made us able to minister the new testament, not of the letter, but of the spirit: For the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.  7If the ministration of death thorow the letters figured in stones was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not behold the face of Moses for the glory of countenance (which glory nevertheless is done away)  8why shall not the ministration of the spirit be much more glorious?  9For if the ministering of condemnation be glorious: much more doth the administration of righteousness exceed in glory.  10For no doubt that which was there glorified is not once glorified in respect of this exceeding glory.  11Then if that which is destroyed was glorious, much more shall that which remaineth be glorious.  12Seeing then that we have such trust we use great boldness,  13and do not as Moses, which put a veil over his face that the children of Israel should not see for what purpose that served which is put away.  14But their minds were blinded. For until this day remaineth the same covering untaken away in the old testament when they read it, which in Christ is put away:  15But even unto this day, when Moses is read the veil hangeth before their hearts.  16Nevertheless when they turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.  17The Lord no doubt is a spirit. And where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.  18And now the Lord's glory appeareth in us all, as in a glass: and we are changed unto the same similitude, from glory to glory, even of the Lord which is a spirit.  

Taking history into account, the powers that be ought to know better; for there's really no new vanity under the sun that could hide it's outcome.
Could it be that God is allowing error's operation for a greater purpose?

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
11And therefore God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe lies:  12that all they might be damned which believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.  

1 Corinthians 11:19
For there must be sects among you, that they which among you are perfect might be known.

2 Peter 2:9-11
9The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptation, and how to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment for to be punished:  10namely them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise the rulers. Presumptuous are they, and stubborn and fear not to speak evil of them that are in authority.  11When the angels which are greater both in power and might, receive not of the Lord railing judgement against them.  

Jude 1:9
Yet Michael the archangel (when he strove against the devil, and disputed the body of Moses) durst not give railing sentence, but said: The Lord rebuke thee.

Exodus 33:19
And he said: I will make all my good go before thee, and I will be called in this name Jehovah before thee, and will shew mercy to whom I shew mercy, and will have compassion on whom I have compassion.

Authorities that seek justice for the the sake of the Kingdom of God will be alright, yea as the Lord adverted:

Matthew 18:7
Woe be unto the world because of evil occasions. It is necessary that evil occasions be given, nevertheless woe be to that man, by whom evil occasion cometh.

Revelation 22:11-13
11He that doth evil, let him do evil still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be more righteous: and he that is holy, let him be more holy.  12And behold I come shortly, and my reward with me, to give every man according as his deeds shall be.  13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES