[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - the footstool

the footstool

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

the footstool

Postby jadmin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:49 am

1 Chronicles 28:1-10
1And David gathered together all the lords of Israel: the lords of the tribes, the lords of the companies that ministered to the king by course, the lords over the thousands and over the hundreds, and the lords over all the goods and cattle of the king and of his sons, with the chamberlains, warriors and all active men unto Jerusalem.  2And king David stood upon his feet and said: Hear me my brethren and my people: I had in mine heart to build an house of rest for the Ark of the covenant of the LORD, and a footstool for our God, and had made ready to build.  3But God said to me: thou shalt not build an house for my name, because thou art a man of war and hast shed blood.  4Moreover the LORD God of Israel chose me of all the house of my father, to be king over Israel for ever, for he chose Juda to be a captain: and in the house of Juda the house of my father, and of the sons of my father he had a lust to me, to make me king over all Israel.  5And of all my sons (for the LORD hath given me many sons) he hath chosen Salomon my son, to sit on the seat of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.  6And he said unto me: Salomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts, for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father,  7and will stablish his kingdom for ever. If he will harden himself to do my commandments, and my laws, as it goeth this day.  8And now I say unto you before all Israel the congregation of the LORD, and in the audience of our God: keep and seek for all the commandments of the LORD your God, that ye may enjoy a good land and inherit your children after you for ever.  9And thou Salomon my son: know God thy father and serve him with a pure heart and lust of soul. For the LORD searcheth all hearts and understandeth all the Imaginations of thoughts. If thou shalt seek him, he will be found of thee: But and if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.  10Take heed now, for the LORD hath chosen thee, to build an house of thy sanctuary. Be strong and do it.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible

2 Chronicles 9:18
And there were six steps to the seat with a footstool of gold fastened to the seat: and pommels on each side of the sitting place, and two lions standing by the pommels.

Psalms 99:5
O magnify the LORD our God, fall down before his footstool, for he is holy.

Psalms 110:1-7
1((A Psalm of David.)) The LORD said unto my Lord: Sit thou on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.  2The LORD shall send the rod of thy power out of Sion, be thou ruler even in the middest among thine enemies.  3In the day of thy power shall thy people offer the freewill offerings with an holy worship, the dew of thy birth is of the womb of the morning.  4The LORD sware, and will not repent: Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.  5The Lord upon thy right hand, shall smite even kings in the day of his wrath.  6He shall be judge among the Heathen, he shall fill them with dead bodies, and smite in sunder the heads over divers countries.  7He shall drink of the brook in the way, therefore shall he lift up his head.  

Psalms 132:1-18
1((The song of the stairs.)) LORD, remember David and all his trouble.  2How he swore unto the LORD, and vowed a vow unto the allmighty one of Jacob:  3I will not come within the tabernacle of my house, nor climb up in my bed.  4I will not suffer mine eyes to sleep, nor mine eyelids to slumber.  5Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty one of Jacob.  6Lo, we heard of the same at Ephrata, and found it in the wood.  7We will go into his tabernacle, and fall down before his footstool.  8Arise, O LORD, into thy resting place, thou and the ark of thy strength.  9Let thy Priests be clothed with righteousness, and let thy saints rejoice.  10For thy servant David's sake turn not away the presence of thine anointed.  11The LORD hath made a faithful oath unto David, and he shall not shrink from it: Of the fruit of the body shall I set upon thy seat.  12If thy children will keep my covenant, and my testimony that I shall learn them: their children also shall sit upon thy seat for evermore.  13For the LORD hath chosen Sion, to be an habitation for himself hath he chosen her.  14This shall be my rest, here will I dwell, for I have a delight therein.  15I will bless her vitailles with increase, and will satisfy her poor with bread.  16I will deck her Priests with health, and her saints shall rejoice and be glad.  17There shall I make the horn of David to flourish, I have ordained a lantern for mine anointed.  18As for his enemies, I shall clothe them with shame, but upon himself shall his crown flourish.  

Isaiah 66:1-24
1Thus sayeth the LORD: Heaven is my seat, and the earth is my footstool. Where shall now the house stand, that ye build unto me? And where shall be the place, that I will dwell in?  2As for these things, my hand hath made them all, and they are all created, sayeth the LORD. Which of them shall I then regard? Even him that is of a lowly troubled spirit, and standeth in awe of my works.  3For who so slayeth an ox for me, doth me so great dishonour, as he that killeth a man. He that killeth a sheep for me, choketh a dog. He that bringeth me meat offerings, offereth swine's blood: Who so maketh me a memorial of incense, praiseth the thing that is unright. Yet take they such ways in hand, and their soul delighteth in these abominations.  4Therefore will I also have pleasure in laughing them to scorn, and the thing that they fear, will I bring upon them. For when I called no man gave answer: when I spake, they would not hear: But did wickedness before mine eyes, and chose the things that displease me.  5Hear the word of God all ye, that fear the thing which he speaketh. Your brethren that hate you, and cast you out for my name's sake, say: Let the LORD magnify himself, that we may see your gladness: and yet they shall be confounded.  6For as touching the city and the temple, I hear the voice of the LORD, that will reward, and recompense his enemies:  7like as when a wife bringeth forth a man child, or ever she suffer the pain of the birth and anguish of the travail.  8Who ever heard or saw such things? doth the ground bear in one day? or are the people born all at once, as Sion beareth her sons?  9For thus sayeth the LORD: Am I he that maketh other to bear, and bear not myself? Am not I he that beareth, and maketh barren? sayeth thy God.  10Rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her. Be joyful with her, all ye that mourned for her.  11For ye shall suck comfort out of her breasts, and be satisfied. Ye shall taste, and have delight in the plenteousness of her power.  12For thus sayeth the LORD: behold, I will let peace into her, like a water flood, and the might of the Heathen like a flowing stream. Then shall ye suck, ye shall be born upon her sides, and be joyful upon her knees.  13For like as a child is comforted of his mother, so shall I comfort you, and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.  14And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb. Thus shall the hand of the LORD be known among his servants, and his indignation among his enemies.  15For behold, the LORD shall come with fire, and his chariot shall be like a whirlwind, that he may recompense his vengeance in his wrath, and his indignation with the flame of fire.  16For the LORD shall judge all flesh with the fire and with his sword, and there shall be a great number slain of the LORD.  17Such as have made themselves holy and clean in the gardens, and those that have eaten swine's flesh, mice, and other abominations, shall be taken away together, sayeth the LORD.  18For I will come to gather all people and tongues with their works and imaginations: these shall come, and see my glory.  19Unto them shall I give a token, and send certain of them (that be delivered) among the Gentiles: into Celicia, Africa and Lidia (where men can handle bows) into Italy also and Greekland. The isles far off, that have not heard speak of me, and have not seen my glory, shall preach my praise among the Gentiles  20and shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD, out of all people, upon horses, chariots and horse litters, upon Mules and carts to Jerusalem my holy hill (sayeth the LORD) like as the children of Israel bring the offering in clean vessels, to the house of the LORD.  21And I shall take out certain of them for to be priests and levites, sayeth the LORD.  22For like as the new heaven and the new earth which I will make, shall be fast established by me: (sayeth the LORD) So shall your seed and your name continue,  23and there shall be a new Moon for the other, and a new Sabbath for the other, and all flesh shall come to worship before me (sayeth the LORD.)  24And they shall go forth and look upon the carrions of them that have transgressed against me. For their worms shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched, and all flesh shall abhor them.  

Lamentations 2:1-21
1((Aleph.)) Alas, how hath the Lord darkened the daughter of Sion so sore in his wrath? As for the honour of Israel, he hath casten it down from heaven: How happeneth it, that he remembered not his own foot stool when he was angry?  2((Beth.)) The Lord hath cast down all the glory of Jacob without any favour: all the strong places of the daughter Juda hath he broken in his wrath, and thrown them down to the ground: her kingdom and her princes hath he suspended.  3((Gimel.)) In the wrath of his indignation he hath broken all the horn of Israel: he hath withdrawn his right hand from the enemy: yea a flame of fire is kindled in Jacob, and hath consumed up all round about.  4((Daleth.)) He hath bent his bow like an enemy, he hath fastened his right hand as an adversary: and everything that was pleasant to see, he hath smitten it down. He hath poured out his wrath like a fire, into the tabernacle of the daughter of Sion.  5((He.)) The Lord is become, like as it were an enemy, he hath cast down Israel and all his places: yea all his strongholds hath he destroyed, and filled the daughter of Juda with much sorrow and heaviness.  6((Vau.)) Her tabernacle (which was like a garden of pleasure) hath he destroyed: her high solempne feasts hath he put down. The LORD hath brought it so to pass, that the high solempne feasts and Sabbaths in Sion, are clean forgotten. In his heavy displeasure hath he made the king and priests to be despised.  7((Zain.)) The Lord hath forsaken his own alter, and is wroth with his own sanctuary, and hath given the walls of their towers into the hands of the enemy. Their enemies made a noise in the house of the LORD, as it had been in a solempne feast day.  8((CHeth.)) The LORD thought to break down the walls of the daughter Sion, he spread out his line, and drew not in his hand, till he had destroyed them. Therefore mourn the turrets and the broken walls together.  9((Teth.)) Her ports are cast down to the ground, her bars are broken and smitten in sunder: her king and princes are carried away to the gentiles. They have neither law nor Prophets, nor yet any vision from the LORD.  10((Iod.)) The Senators of the daughter Sion sit upon the ground in silence: they have strowed ashes upon their heads, and girded themselves with sack cloth. The maidens of Jerusalem hang down their heads to the ground.  11((Caph.)) Mine eyes begin to fail me thorow weeping, my body is disquieted, my lever is poured upon the earth, for the great hurt of my people, seeing the children and babes did swoon in the streets of the city.  12((Lamed.)) Even when they spake to their mothers: where is meat and drink? for while they so said, they fell down in the streets of the city, like as they had been wounded, and some died in their mothers' bosom.  13((Mem.)) What shall I say of thee, O thou daughter Jerusalem, to whom shall I liken thee? To whom shall I compare thee, O thou daughter Sion, to comfort thee withal? Thy hurt is like a main sea, who may heal thee?  14((Nun.)) Thy prophets have looked out vain and foolish things for thee, they have not shewed thee of thy wickedness, to keep thee from captivity: but have overladen thee, and thorow falsity scattered thee abroad.  15((Samech.)) All they that go by thee, clap their hands at thee: hissing and wagging their heads upon the daughter Jerusalem, and say: is this the city that men call so fair, wherein the whole land rejoiceth?  16((Ain.)) All thine enemies gape upon thee, whispering and biting their teeth, saying: let us devour, for the time that we looked for, is come: we have found and seen it.  17((Phe.)) The LORD hath fulfilled the thing, that he was purposed to do: and performed that he had devised long ago: he hath destroyed, and not spared. He hath caused thine adversary to triumph over thee, and set up the horn of thine enemy.  18((Zade.)) Let thine heart cry unto the Lord, O thou city of the daughter Sion: let thy tears run down like a river day and night: rest not, and let not the apple of thine eye leave off.  19((Koph.)) Stand up and make thy prayer in the first watch of the night, pour out thine heart like water before the Lord: lift up thine hands for the lives of thy young children, that die of hunger in the streets.  20((Res.)) Behold, O LORD, and consider, why hast thou gathered me up so clean: Shall the women then eat their own fruit, even children of a spanne long: Shall the priests and prophets be slain thus in the Sanctuary of the Lord?  21((Sin.)) Young and old lie behind the streets upon the ground, my maidens and young men are slain with the sword: whom thou in the day of thy wrothful indignation hast put to death: Yea even thou hast put them to death, and not spared them.  

Matthew 5:34-37
34But I say unto you swear not at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's seat:  35nor yet by the earth, for it is his footstool: Neither by Jerusalem, for it is the city of that great King:  36neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one white hair, or black:  37But your communication shall be, yea, yea: nay, nay. For whatsoever is more than that, cometh of evil.  

Matthew 22:44-45
44The Lord said to my Lord, sit on my right hand: till I make thine enemies thy footstool.  45If David call him Lord: How is he then his son?  

Mark 12:36-40
36for David himself inspired with the holy ghost said: The Lord said to my Lord, sit on my right hand till I make thine enemies thy foot stool.  37Then David himself calleth him Lord, and by what means is he then his son? And much people heard him gladly.  38And he said unto them in his doctrine: beware of the scribes which love to go in long, clothing: and love salutations in the market places,  39and the chief seats in the synagogues, and to sit in the uppermost rooms at feasts,  40and devour widows' houses, and under a colour pray long prayers. These shall have greater damnation.  

Luke 20:41-47
41Then said he unto them: how say they that Christ is David's son?  42And David him self saith in the book of the Psalms: The Lord said unto my Lord: Sit on my right hand,  43till I make thine enemies thy foot stool.  44 David then calleth him Lord: How is he also his son?  45Then in the audience of all the people, he said unto his disciples,  46beware of the scribes, which desire to go in long clothing: and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and chief rooms at feasts,  47which devour widows' houses, and pray long under a colour: The same shall receive greater damnation.  

Acts 2:29-36
29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David: For he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre remaineth with us unto his day.  30Therefore since he was a prophet, and knew that God had sworn with an oath to him, that the fruit of his loins should sit on his seat:  31He saw before, and spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul should not be left in hell: neither his flesh should see corruption.  32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.  33Since now that he by the right hand of God exalted is, and hath received of the father the promise of the holy ghost, he hath shed forth that (gift) which ye now see and hear.  34For David is not ascended into heaven, but he said: The Lord said to my Lord sit on my right hand,  35until I make thy foes, thy foot stool.  36So therefore let all the house of Israel know for a surety, that God hath made the same Jesus whom ye have crucified, Lord and Christ.  

Acts 7:44-53
44Our fathers had the tabernacle of testimony in the wilderness, as he had appointed them speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen,  45which tabernacle our fathers received, and brought it in with Josue into the possession of the gentiles, which gentiles God drave out before the face of our fathers unto the time of David,  46which found favour before God, and desired that he might find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.  47And Solomon built him an house.  48But he that is highest of all dwelleth not in temples made with hands, as saith the prophet:  49Heaven is my seat, and earth is my foot stool, what house will ye build for me saith the Lord? or what resting place?  50hath not my hand made all these things?  51Ye stiffnecked and of uncircumcised hearts and ears: ye have always resisted the holy ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.  52Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? And they have slain them, which shewed before of the coming of that Just, whom ye have betrayed and murdered.  53And ye also have received a law by the ordinance of angels, and have not kept it.  

Hebrews 1:1-14
1God in time past diversely and many ways, spake unto the fathers by prophets:  2but in these last days he hath spoken unto us by his son, whom he hath made heir of all things: by whom also he made the world.  3Which son being the brightness of his glory, and very image of his substance, bearing up all things with the word of his power, hath in his own person purged our sins, and is sitten on the right hand of the majesty on high,  4and is more excellent than the angels, inasmuch as he hath by inheritance obtained an excellenter name than have they.  5For unto which of the angels said he at any time: Thou art my son, this day begat I thee? And again: I will be his father, and he shall be my son.  6And again when he bringeth in the first begotten son in the world, he saith: And all the angels of God shall worship him.  7And unto the angels he saith: He maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers flames of fire.  8But unto the son he saith: God thy seat shall be for ever, and ever. The sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.  9Thou hast loved righteousness and hated iniquity: Wherefore hath God, which is thy God, anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.  10And thou Lord in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth: And the heavens are the works of thy hands.  11They shall perish, but thou shalt endure. They all shall wax old as doth a garment:  12and as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.  13Unto which of the angels said he at any time? Sit on my right hand till I make thine enemies thy footstool.  14Are they not all spirits to do service, sent for to minister for their sakes, which shall be heirs of health?  

Hebrews 10:10-17
10By the which will we are sanctified, by the offering of the body of Jesu Christ once for all.  11And every priest is ready daily ministering, and often times offereth one manner of offering, which can never take away sins:  12but this man after he had offered one sacrifice for sins, sat him down for ever on the right hand of God,  13and from henceforth tarrieth till his foes be made his footstool.  14For with one offering hath he made perfect for ever them that are sanctified.  15And the holy ghost also beareth us record of this, even when he told before:  16This is the testament that I will make unto them after those days saith the Lord. And I will put my laws in their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,  17and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.  

James 2:2-26
2If there come into your company a man with a golden ring, and in goodly apparel and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment,  3and ye have a respect to him that weareth the gay clothing and say unto him: Sit thou here in a good place: and say unto the poor, stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:  4are ye not even partial in your selves, and have judged after evil thoughts?  5Hearken my dear beloved brethren, hath not God chosen the poor of this world, which are rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom, which he promised to them that love him?  6But ye have despised the poor. Are not the rich they which oppress you: and they which draw you before judges?  7Do not they speak evil of that good name that is called on over you?  8If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture which saith: Thou shalt love thine neighbour as thyself, ye do well:  9but if ye regard one person more than another, ye commit sin, and are rebuked of the law as transgressors.  10Whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet fail in one point, he is guilty in all.  11For he that said: Thou shalt not commit fornication, said also: thou shalt not kill. Though thou shalt do no fornication, yet if thou kill, thou art a transgressor of the law.  12So speak ye, and so do as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.  13For there shall be judgement merciless to him that sheweth no mercy, and mercy rejoiceth against judgement:  14What availeth it my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, when he hath no deeds? Can faith save him?  15If a brother or a sister be naked or destitute of daily food,  16and one of you say unto them: Depart in peace, God send you warmness and food: notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body: what helpeth it them?  17Even so faith, if it have no deeds is dead in itself.  18But one shall say: Thou hast faith, and I have deeds: Shew me thy faith by thy deeds: and I will shew thee my faith by my deeds.  19Believest thou that there is one God? Thou doest well. The devils also believe and tremble.  20Wilt thou understand o thou vain man, that faith without deeds is dead?  21Was not Abraham our father justified of his deeds when he offered Isaac his son upon the altar?  22Thou seest how that faith wrought with in his deeds, and through the deeds was the faith made perfect.  23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God.  24Ye see then how that of deeds a man is justified, and not of faith only.  25Likewise also was not Raab the harlot justified when she received the messengers, and sent them out another way?  26For as the body, without the spirit is dead, even so faith without deeds is dead.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Re: the footstool

Postby jadmin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:56 am

Genesis 1:26-28
26And God said: let us make man in our similitude and after our likeness: that he may have rule over the fish of the sea, and over the fowls of the air, and over cattle, and over all the earth, and over all worms that creep on the earth.  27And God created man after his likeness, after the likeness of God created he him: male and female created he them.  28And God blessed them, and God said unto them: Grow and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and over the fowls of the air, and over all the beasts that move on the earth.  

Isaiah 45:23-35
23I swear by myself: out of my mouth cometh the word of righteousness, and that may no man turn: but all knees shall bow unto me, and all tongues shall swear by me,  24saying: Verily in the LORD is my righteousness and strength. To him shall men come: but all they that think scorn of him, shall be confounded.  25And the whole seed of Israel shall be justified, and praised in the LORD.                      

1 Corinthians 15:3-24
3For first of all I delivered unto you that which I received: how that Christ died for our sins, agreeing to the scriptures:  4and that he was buried, and that he arose again the third day according to the scriptures:  5and that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve;  6After that he was seen of more than five hundred brethren at once: of which many remain unto this day, and many are fallen asleep.  7After that appeared he to James, then to all the apostles.  8And last of all he was seen of me, as of one that was born out of due time.  9For I am the least of all the apostles, which am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the congregation of God:  10But by the favour of God I am that I am. And his favour which is in me was not in vain: but I laboured more abundantly than they all, not I, but the favour of God which is with me.  11Whether it were I or they, so have we preached, and so have ye believed.  12If Christ be preached how that he rose from death: how say some that are among you, that there is no resurrection of the dead?  13If there be no rising again of death: then is Christ not risen.  14If Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also in vain.  15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God. For we have testified against god how that he raised up Christ, whom he raised not up, if it be so that the dead rise not up again.  16For if the dead rise not again, then is Christ not risen again.  17If it be so that Christ rose not, then is your faith in vain, and yet are ye in your sins.  18And they which are fallen asleep in Christ, are perished.  19If in this life only we believe on Christ, then are we of all men the miserablest.  20 Now is Christ risen from death, and is become the first fruits of them that slept.  21For by a man came death, and by a man came resurrection of death.  22For as by Adam all die: even so by Christ, shall all be made alive,  23and every man in his own order: The first is Christ, then they that are Christ's at his coming.  24Then cometh the end, when he hath delivered up the kingdom to God the father, when he hath put down all rule, authority, and power.  

Romans 14:11-12
11For it is written: As truly as I live saith the Lord, all knees shall bow to me, and all tongues shall give knowledge to God.  12So shall every one of us give accounts of himself to God.  

Philippians 2:5-11
5Let the same mind be in you the which was in Christ Jesu:  6Which being in the shape of God, and thought it not robbery to be equal with God.  7Nevertheless he made himself of no reputation, and took on him the shape of a servant, and became like unto men, and was found in his apparel as a man.  8He humbled himself and became obedient unto the death, even the death of the cross.  9Wherefore God hath exalted him, and given him a name above all names:  10that in the name of Jesus should every knee bow, both of things in heaven, and things in earth and things under earth,  11and that all tongues should confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord unto the praise of God the father.  

Revelation 22:11-13
11He that doth evil, let him do evil still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be more righteous: and he that is holy, let him be more holy.  12And behold I come shortly, and my reward with me, to give every man according as his deeds shall be.  13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES