[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - taken to the clouds, when

taken to the clouds, when

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

taken to the clouds, when

Postby jadmin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Psalms 36:5
Thy mercy, O LORD, reacheth unto the heaven, and thy faithfulness unto the clouds.
- Tyndale and friends Bible

2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
1We beseech you brethren by the coming of our Lord Jesu Christ, and in that we shall assemble unto him,  2that ye be not suddenly moved from your mind, and be not troubled, neither by spirit, neither by words, nor yet by letter, which should seem to come from us, as though the day of Christ were at hand.  3Let no man deceive you by any means, for the Lord cometh not, except there come a departing first, and that that sinful man be opened, the son of perdition  4which is an adversary, and is exalted above all that is called god, or that is worshipped: so that he shall sit in the temple of god, and shew himself as god.  5Remember ye not, that when I was yet with you, I told you these things?  6And now ye know what withholdeth: even that he might be uttered at his time.  7For already the mystery of iniquity worketh. Only he that holdeth, let him now hold, until it be taken out of the way,  8and then shall that wicked be uttered, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the appearance of his coming,  9even him whose coming is by the working of Satan, with all lying power, signs, and wonders:  10and in all deceivableness of unrighteousness, among them that perish: because they received not the love of the truth, that they might have been saved.  11And therefore God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe lies:  12that all they might be damned which believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.  13 We are bound to give thanks alway to God for you brethren beloved of the Lord, for because that God hath from the beginning chosen you to health, thorow sanctifying of the spirit; And thorow believing the truth:  14whereunto he called you by our gospel, to obtain the glory that cometh of our Lord Jesu Christ.  15Therefore brethren stand fast and keep the ordinations, which ye have learned: whether it were by our preaching, or by our pistel:  16Our Lord Jesu Christ himself, and God our father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation, and good hope thorow grace,  17comfort your hearts, and establish you in all saying, and good doing.  

Mark 13:20-27
20And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no man should be saved. But for the elects' sake, which he hath chosen, he hath shortened those days.  21And then, if any man say to you: lo, here is Christ, lo, he is there, believe not.  22For false christs shall arise, and false prophets; And shall shew miracles and wonders, to deceive if it were possible, even the elect.  23But take ye heed, behold I have shewed you all things before.  24Moreover in those days after that tribulation, the sun shall wax dark, and the moon shall not give her light,  25and the stars of heaven shall fall; And the powers which are in heaven, shall move.  26And then shall they see the son of man coming in the clouds, with great power and glory.  27And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, and from the one end of the world to the other.  

Luke 18:1-8
1He put forth a similitude unto them, signifying that men ought always to pray, and not to be weary,  2saying: There was a Judge in a certain city, which feared not God neither regarded man.  3And there was a certain widow in the same city, which came unto him saying: Avenge me of mine adversary.  4And a great while he would not. Afterward he said unto himself: Though I fear not God, nor care for man,  5yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest at the last she come, and rail on me.  6And the Lord said: hear what the unrighteous judge sayeth.  7And shall not God avenge his elect, which cry night and day unto him? Yea though he defer them:  8I tell you, he will avenge them, and that quickly. Nevertheless, when the son of man cometh, suppose ye, that he shall find faith on earth.  

Matthew 24:37-39
37As the time of Noe was, so likewise shall the coming of the son of man be.  38For as in the days before the flood: they did eat and drink, marry, and were married, even unto the day that Noe entered in to the ship,  39and knew of nothing till the flood came and took them all away. So shall also the coming of the son of man be.  

Seems like there's not going to be too many devout in Christ during the time of his return.
Nevertheless the Scriptures clearly indicate that there will be a few spared from great tribulation.
John was a great example how God spared him.

John 21:20-22
20Peter turned about, and saw that disciple whom Jesus loved following (which also leaned on his breast at supper) and said: Lord which is he that shall betray thee?  21When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus: Lord what shall he here do?  22Jesus said unto him: If I will have him to tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.  

The congregation of Philadelphia is another example of his tender mercies and lovingkindness.
Revelation 3:7-13
7And write unto the angel of Philadelphia: This sayth he that is holy and true, which hath the key of David: which openeth and no man shuteth, and shuteth and no man openeth.  8I know your works. Behold I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it, for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my sayings: and hast not denied my name.  9Behold. I make them of the congregation of Sathan, which call themselves jews and are not, but do lie. Behold. I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet: and shall know that I have loved thee.  10Because thou hast kept the words of my patience, I will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which will come upon all the world, to tempt them that dwell upon the earth.  11Behold I come shortly. Hold that which thou hast, that no man take away thy crown.  12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. And I will write upon him, the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God and I will write upon him my new name.  13Let him that hath ears, hear what the spirit saith unto the congregations.  

The manner of the matter is:
Matthew 24:13-14
13But he that endureth to the end shall be safe.  14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world, for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.  

Mark 4:20-23
20And these that were sown in good ground, are they that hear the word and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirty fold some sixty fold, some an hundred fold.  21And he said unto them: is the candle lighted, to be put under a bushel, or under the bord: is it not therefore lighted that it should be put on a candlestick?  22For there is nothing so privy, that shall not be opened: neither so secret, but that it shall come abroad.  23If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.  

John 5:28-29
28Marvel not at this, that the hour shall come, in the which all that are in the graves, shall hear his voice,  29and shall come forth, they that have done good unto the resurrection of life. And they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.  

Yea we all have to wait till when the ressurection of the dead comes first.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15And this say we unto you in the word of the Lord, that we which live and are remaining in the coming of the Lord, shall not come yer they, which sleep.  16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, and the voice of the archangel, and trompe of God. And the dead in Christe shall arise first:  17then shall we which live and remain, be caught up with them also in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so shall we ever be with the Lord.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES