[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - THE SOVEREIGN LORD

THE SOVEREIGN LORD

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

THE SOVEREIGN LORD

Postby jadmin » Sun May 31, 2009 9:21 am

Who's the chief ruler of the temporal world?

Luke 4:5-8
5And the devil took him up into an high mountain, and shewed him all the kingdoms of the earth, even in the twinkling of an eye.  6And the devil said unto him: all this power will I give thee every whit, and the glory of them (for that is delivered to me, and to whosoever I will I give it)  7If thou therefore wilt worship me, they shall be all thine.  8Jesus answered and said unto him: hence from me Satan. For it is written. Thou shalt honour thy Lord God, and him only serve.  
- Tyndale and friends Bible

John 14:28-31
28Ye have heard how I said unto you: I go and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would verily rejoice, because I said, I go unto the father. For the father is greater than I.  29And now have I shewed you, before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye might believe.  30Here after will I not talk many words unto you. For the chief ruler of this world cometh, and hath nought in me.  31But that the world may know that I love my father; And as the father gave me commandment, even so do I. Rise let us go hence.  

Does the devil honor and serve HIS lord god?

Jude 1:9
Yet Michael the archangel (when he strove against the devil, and disputed the body of Moses) durst not give railing sentence, but said: The Lord rebuke thee.

Romans 8:28
For we know well that all things work for the best unto them that love God, which also are called of purpose.

2 Corinthians 13:8
We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Who really is the LORD GOD?

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5And though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth (as there be gods many and lords many)  6but unto us is there one God, which is the father, of whom are all things, and we in him: and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.  

Code: Select all
Re 1:4 John to the seven congregations in Asia. Grace be with you and peace, from him which is and which was, and which is to come: and from the seven spirits which are present before his throne,
Re 1:5 and from Jesus Christ which is a faithful witness, and first begotten of the dead: and Lord ([sovereign]) over the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Re 1:6 and made us kings and priests unto God his father, be glory, and dominion for evermore amen.

Romans 1:16-25
16For I am not ashamed of the Gospell of Christ, because it is the power of God unto salvation to all that believe, namely to the jew, and also to the gentile.  17For by it the righteousness which cometh of God is opened, from faith to faith. As it is written: The just shall live by faith.  18For the wrath of God of heaven appeareth against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men which withhold the truth in unrighteousness,  19seeing that that, which may be known of God, is manifest among them. For God did shew it unto them.  20For his invisible things (that is to say, his eternal power and godhead) are understood and seen, by the works from the creation of the world. So that they are without excuse,  21inasmuch as when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful, but waxed full of vanities in their imaginations. And their foolish hearts were blinded.  22When they counted themselves wise, they became fools  23and turned the glory of the immortal God, unto the similitude of the image of mortal man, and of birds, and four footed beasts and serpents.  24For this cause God gave them up unto their hearts' lusts, unto uncleanness to defile their own bodies between themselves:  25which turned his truth unto a lie, and worshipped and served the creatures more than the maker, which is blessed forever Amen.  

2 Corinthians 4:3-6
3If our Gospell be yet hid, it is hid among them that are lost,  4in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest should shine unto them the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, which is the image of God,  5for we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and preach ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.  6For it is God that commanded the light to shine out of darkness, which hath shined in our hearts, for to give the light of knowledge of the glorious God, in the face of Jesus Christ.  

Luke 10:17-24
17 The seventy returned again with joy saying: Lord even the very devils are subdued to us thorow thy name.  18And he said unto them: I saw sathan, as it had been lightning, fall down from heaven.  19Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents, and scorpions, and upon all manner power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.  20Nevertheless, in this rejoice not, that the spirits are under your power: But rejoice because your names are written in heaven.  21That same time rejoiced Jesus in the spirit, and said: I praise thee father Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast opened them to the foolish. Even so father, for so pleased it thee.  22All things are given me of my father. And no man knoweth who the son is, but the father: neither who the father is, save the son, and he to whom the son will shew him.  23And he turned to his disciples, and said secretly: Happy are the eyes, which see that ye see.  24For I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them: And to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them:  

What's the big difference:

John 8:31-47
31Then said Jesus to those jews which believed on him: If ye continue in my saying, then are ye my very disciples:  32and ye shall know the truth: And the truth shall make you free.  33They answered him: We be Abraham's seed, and were never bond to any man: why sayest thou then, ye shall be made free?  34Jesus answered them: verily, verily I say unto you, that whosoever committeth sin, is the servant of sin.  35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: But the son abideth ever.  36If the son therefore shall make you free, then are ye free in deed.  37I know that ye are Abraham's seed: but ye seek means to kill me because my sayings have no place in you.  38I speak that I have seen with my father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.  39They answered and said unto him: Abraham is our father. Jesus said unto them. If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the deeds of Abraham.  40But now ye go about to kill me, a man that have told you the truth, which I have heard of my father. This did not Abraham.  41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they unto him: we were not born of fornication. We have one father that is God.  42Jesus said unto them: if God were your father, then would ye have loved me. For I proceeded forth and come from God. Neither came I of myself, but he sent me.  43Why do ye not know my speech? Because ye cannot abide the hearing of my words.  44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father, ye will follow: He was a murderer from the beginning; And abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, then speaketh he of his own. For he is a liar, and the father thereof.  45And because I tell you the truth, therefore believe ye not me.  46Which of you can rebuke me of sin? If I say the truth, why do not ye believe me?  47He that is of God, heareth God's words. Ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.  

Matthew 11:25-30
25Then Jesus answered and said: I praise thee O father Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast opened them unto babes,  26even so father, for so it pleased thee.  27All things are given unto me of my father. And no man knoweth the son, but the father; neither knoweth any man the father, save the son, and he to whom the son will open him.  28Come unto me all ye that labor, and are laden, and I will ease you.  29Take my yoke on you, and learn of me, for I am meek, and lowly in heart: and ye shall find ease unto your souls.  30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 Now is Christ risen from death, and is become the first fruits of them that slept.  21For by a man came death, and by a man came resurrection of death.  22For as by Adam all die: even so by Christ, shall all be made alive,  23and every man in his own order: The first is Christ, then they that are Christ's at his coming.  24Then cometh the end, when he hath delivered up the kingdom to God the father, when he hath put down all rule, authority, and power.  25For he must rule till he have put all his enemies under his feet.  26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest, that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  28When all things are subdued unto him: then shall the son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all things.  

Why are there dire problems in the temporal world?

Revelation 12:7-17
7And there was great battle in heaven, Michael and his angels fought with the dragon and the dragon fought and his angels,  8and prevailed not: neither was their place found any more in heaven.  9And the great dragon, that old serpent called the devil and Sathanas; Was cast out. Which deceiveth all the world. And he was cast into the earth, and his angels were cast out also.  10And I heard a loud voice saying: in heaven is now made health and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: For he is cast down which accused them before God day and night:  11And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death.  12Therefore rejoice heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth, and of the sea: for the devil is come down unto you which hath great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.  13And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.  14And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, times, and half a time, from the presence of the dragon.  15And the serpent cast out of his mouth water after the woman as it had been a river because she should have been caught of the flood.  16And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the river which the dragon cast out of his mouth.  17And the dragon was wroth with the woman: and went and made war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christe.  

In the most HIGHEST providence what's the sovereign purpose?

Luke 22:21-30
21Yet behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me, is with me on the table.  22And the son of man goeth as it is appointed: But woe be to that man by whom he is betrayed.  23And they began to enquire among themselves, which of them it should be, that should do that.  24And there was a strife among them, which of them should seem greatest.  25And he said unto them: The kings of the gentiles reign over them; And they that bear rule over them, are called gracious lords.  26But ye shall not be so. But he that is greatest among you, shall be as the youngest: And he that is chief, shall be as the minister.  27For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat: or he that serveth? Is not he that sitteth at meat? And I am among you, as he that ministereth.  28Ye are they which have bidden with me in my temptations.  29And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my father hath appointed to me:  30that ye may eat, and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on seats, and judge the twelve tribes of Israel.  

Matthew 20:17-28
17And Jesus ascended to Jerusalem, and took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said to them:  18Lo we go up to Jerusalem, and the son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,  19and shall deliver him to the gentiles, to be mocked, to be scourged, and to be crucified: and the third day he shall rise again.  20Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.  21 He said unto her: What wilt thou have? She said unto him: Grant that these my two sons may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand in thy kingdom.  22Jesus answered, and said: Ye wot not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of? And to be baptised with the baptism, that I shall be baptised with? They answered to him: That we are.  23 He said unto them: Ye shall drink of my cup, and shall be baptised with the baptism that I shall be baptised with all. But to sit on my right hand, and on my left hand, is not mine to give you: but to them for whom it is prepared of my father.  24And when the ten heard this, they disdained at the two brethren.  25But Jesus called them unto him, and said: Ye know, that the lords of the gentiles have domination over them. And they that are great, exercise power over them.  26It shall not be so among you: But whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister,  27and whosoever will be chief, let him be your servant.  28Even as the son of man came, not to be ministered unto, but to minister: and to give his life for the redemption of many.  

John 10:7-18
7Then said Jesus unto them again: Verily, verily I say unto you: that I am the door of the sheep.  8All even as many as came before me, are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.  9I am the door: by me, if any man enter in, he shall be safe, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.  10The thief cometh not but for to steal and kill, and destroy. I am come that they might have life, and have it more abundantly.  11I am a good shepherd, a good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep.  12An hired servant which is not the shepherd, neither the sheep are his own, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and flyeth, and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.  13The hired servant flyeth because he is an hired servant, and careth not for the sheep.  14I am that good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.  15As my father knoweth me: even so know I my father. And I give my life for my sheep,  16and other sheep I have, which are not of this fold. Them also must I bring, that they shall hear my voice. And there shall be one flock, and one shepherd.  17Therefore doth my father love me, because I put my life from me, that I might take it again.  18No man taketh it from me: but I put it away of myself. I have power to put it from me, and power I have to take it again. This commandment have I received of my father.  

Luke 18:1-8
1He put forth a similitude unto them, signifying that men ought always to pray, and not to be weary,  2saying: There was a Judge in a certain city, which feared not God neither regarded man.  3And there was a certain widow in the same city, which came unto him saying: Avenge me of mine adversary.  4And a great while he would not. Afterward he said unto himself: Though I fear not God, nor care for man,  5yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest at the last she come, and rail on me.  6And the Lord said: hear what the unrighteous judge sayeth.  7And shall not God avenge his elect, which cry night and day unto him? Yea though he defer them:  8I tell you, he will avenge them, and that quickly. Nevertheless, when the son of man cometh, suppose ye, that he shall find faith on earth.  

John 5:33-47
33Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth:  34but I receive no record of man. Nevertheless, these things I say, that ye might be safe.  35He was a burning, and a shining light, and ye would for a season have rejoiced in his light.  36But I have greater witness, than the witness of John. For the works which my father hath given me to finish: the same works which I do, bear witness of me, that my father sent me.  37And my father himself, which hath sent me, beareth witness of me. Ye have not heard his voice at any time; Nor yet have seen his shape.  38And his words have ye not abiding in you: For ye believe not him whom he hath sent.  39Search the scriptures, for in them, ye think ye have eternal life: And they are they which testify of me.  40And yet will ye not come to me that ye might have life.  41I receive not praise of men:  42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.  43I am come in my father's name, and ye receive me not. If another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive.  44How can ye believe, which receive praise one of another, and seek not the praise which cometh of God only?  45Suppose not, that I will accuse you to my father. There is one that accuseth you, verily Moses in whom ye trust.  46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: For he wrote of me.  47But when ye believe not his writing: how shall ye believe my words.  

Matthew 11:11-13
11Verify I say unto you, among the children of women arose there not a greater than John baptist. Notwithstanding he that is less in the kingdom of heaven, is greater than he.  12From the time of John baptist hitherto, the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence,  13and they that make violence pulleth it to them. For all the prophets, and the law prophesied unto the time of John.  

2 Peter 3:8-18
8Dearly beloved be not ignorant of this one thing, how that one day is with the Lord, as a thousand year, and a thousand year as one day.  9The Lord is not slack to fulfil his promise as some men count slackness: but is patient to us ward and would have no man lost, but would receive all men to repentance.  10Nevertheless the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in the which day, the heavens shall perish with terrible noise, and the elements shall melt with heat, and the earth with the works that are therein shall burn.  11If all these things shall perish, what manner persons ought ye to be in holy conversation, and godliness:  12looking for, and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens shall perish with fire, and the elements shall be consumed with heat.  13Nevertheless we look for a new heaven, and a new earth, according to his promise, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  14Wherefore dearly beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot and undefiled:  15And suppose that the long suffering of the Lord is health, even as our dearly beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given unto him, wrote to you,  16yea, almost in every pistel speaking of such things: among which are many things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned, and unstable pervert, as they do other scriptures unto their own destruction.  17Ye therefore beloved seeing ye are warned; Beware lest ye be also plucked away with the error of the wicked, and own steadfastness:  18but grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord, and saviour Jesus Christ. To whom be glory both now and for ever, Amen.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES