[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1006: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/verse_mod.php:116)
Faith Of God • View topic - Serpent in the wilderness

Serpent in the wilderness

"whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things pertain to love, whatsoever things are of honest report, if there be any virtuous thing, if there be any laudable thing, (of learning) those same have ye in your mind, Php. 4:8

Serpent in the wilderness

Postby jadmin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:06 am

Genesis 3:1
But the serpent was subtler than all the beasts of the field which the LORD God had made, and said unto the woman: Ah sir, that God hath said, ye shall not eat of all manner trees in the garden.
- Tyndale and friends Bible

Exodus 7:8-13
8And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron saying:  9when Pharao speaketh unto you and sayeth: shew a wonder, then shalt thou say unto Aaron, take the rod and cast it before Pharao, and it shall turn to a serpent.  10Then went Moses and Aaron in unto Pharao, and did even as the LORD had commanded. And Aaron cast forth his rod before Pharao and before his servants, and it turned to a serpent.  11Then Pharao called for the wise men, and enchanters of Egypt did in like manner with their sorcery.  12And they cast down every man his rod, and they turned to serpents: but Aaron's rod ate up their rods:  13and yet for all that Pharao's heart was hardened, so that he hearkened not unto them, even as the LORD had said.  

Numbers 21:8-9
8And the LORD said unto Moses: make thee a serpent and hang it up for a sign, and let as many as are bitten look upon it and they shall live.  9And Moses made a serpent of brass and set it up for a sign. And when the serpents had bitten any man, he went and beheld the serpent of brass and recovered.  

Matthew 10:16
Lo I send you forth, as sheep among wolves. Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and innocent as doves.

John 3:1-21
1There was a man of the pharisees named Nicodemus a ruler among the jews.  2He came to Jesus by night, and said unto him: Master, we know that thou art, a teacher which art come from God. For no man could do such miracles as thou doest, except God were with him:  3Jesus answered, and said unto him: Verily, verily I say unto thee: except a man be born a new, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  4Nicodemus said unto him: how can a man be born, when he is old? can he enter into his mother's body and be born again?  5Jesus answered: verily, verily I say unto thee: except that a man be born of water, and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  6That which is born of the flesh, is flesh. And that which is born of the spirit, is spirit.  7Marvel not that I said to thee, ye must be born a new.  8The wind bloweth where he listeth, and thou hearest his sound: but canst not tell whence he cometh and whither he goeth. So is every man that is born of the spirit.  9And Nicodemus answered and said unto him: how can these things be?  10Jesus answered and said unto him: Art thou a master in Israel, and knowest not these things?  11Verily, verily I say unto thee, we speak that we know, and testify that we have seen: And ye receive not our witness.  12If I have told you earthly things and ye have not believe: How should ye believe if I shall tell you of heavenly things?  13And no man ascendeth up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, that is to say, the son of man which is in heaven.  14And as Moses lift up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the son of man be lift up,  15that none which believeth in him perish: but have eternal life.  16 God so loved the world, that he gave his only son for the intent, that none that believe in him, should perish: But should have everlasting life.  17For God sent not his son into the world, to condemn the world: But that the world through him, might be saved.  18He that believeth on him shall not be condemned. But he that believeth not, is condemned all ready, because he believeth not in the name of the only son of God.  19And this is the condemnation: Light is come into the world, and the men have loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil.  20For every man that evil doeth, hateth the light: neither cometh to light, lest his deeds should be reproved.  21But he that doth truth, cometh to the light, that his deeds might be known, how that they are wrought in God.  

2 Corinthians 11:3-4
3But I fear lest as the serpent beguiled Eve, thorow his subtlety, even so your wits should be corrupt from the singleness that is in Christ.  4For if he that cometh to you preach another Jesus than him whom we preached: or if ye receive another spirit than that which ye have received: either another gospel than that ye have received, ye might right well have been content.  

Galatians 1:3-12
3Grace be with you and peace from God the father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,  4which gave himself for our sins, to deliver us from this present evil world, thorow the will of God our father,  5to whom be praise for ever and ever Amen.  6I marvel that ye are so soon turned from him that called you in the grace of Christ, unto another gospel,  7which is nothing else, but that there be some which trouble you, and intend to pervert the gospel of Christ.  8Nevertheless though we ourselves, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, hold him as accursed.  9As I said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other thing unto you, than that ye have received, hold him accursed.  10Seek I now the favour of men, or of God? Other go I about to please men? If I studied to please men, I were not the servant of Christ.  11I certify you brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me, was not after the manner of men,  12neither received I it of man, neither was I taught it: but received it by the revelation of Jesus Christ.  
jadmin
Site Admin

Return to STUDIES